goalsstorm

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vu Doc Tu... do you think this new one is better than V3?

V3 and 4-2-3-1 older version are a tactic which tend attack more

As I said,the loose defence of this tactic is that only have 6 man take part in defence

Thus i move 1 AMC->1 MC and set him run for deep: often.Thus,he need stamina and strength.

With 7 man take part in defencd,I think this tactic defend more solid

So the 4-2-3-1 isn't very solid?

As I said,the loose defence of this tactic is that only have 6 man take part in defence.Thus,if the opposite team attack with 4-4-2.They will attack with 2 FC 2 winger and maybe 1 or 2 MC:6 man.So if only have 6 man defend,the team will be crack.Beside,2 FB also move up,the team will have trouble in marking

I have been working for a few weeks on a 4-3-2-1 tactic (the original idea was to emulate AC Milan '08, currently I am just trying to make it work). It's quite similar to what you have done with the exception that my one of AMCs is sitting slightly deeper. Everything else is quite similar, I was amazed to see even the team instuctions are almost identical, give or take a notch or two. I will try to post some comprehensive results as soon as possible.

Vu Duc Tu - have you got any screen shots of the success you've had with this tactic?

Gonna give this a whirl as V3 was awesome!!!

I also love V3,but it absolute leaky defence.Thus i built new formation:4-3-2-1.I hope u also like it as V3

I will tried the 4-3-2-1 with AC Milan Feedback come later

Ok,mate

Note:download this link http://www.mediafire.com/?ew1j9etqtwusg33

hey vu duc what trainings do you use?

I still use tug training

Pitch size:min.Team talk:ask ass :D

I hope u can share your idea about this fomation.I think this forrmation have good balance between attack and defence

http://www.mediafire.com/?3aaih9qggelziwo

Disclaimer: This is still a work in progress, I am only uploading this to share ideas!

This tactic aims for: 1. control possession 2. pressure the opossition 3. play a patient passing game. So far I have managed to achieve those goals reasonably well - the defensive part especially works superbly for me, the oppossition hardly ever get any shots and I keep clean sheets more often than not.

The most notable weaknesses to work on are, in my opinion, 1. the frequency of long shots is still slightly too high and 2. I still feel it could score more goals. Most games I win confortably (2-0, 3-0), but you won't see spectacular scorelines that often. Overall, the ballance is good in my opinion, but there are things to work on still. Compared to your tactic it will tends to score less but generally keeps possession better.

Keep in mind that I haven't tested this with lower quality teams and frankly I don't expect it to work unless you have a technically gifted team. Oh, and I also didn't bother with corner instructions and the like, I was going to leave that untill I am done testing how the tactic generaly works on the pitch.

Yeah Ancelotti used the christmas tree for a long time in Milan, and the style of play was based on some very good possession

Btw Elhan who are u playing as playmaker? which position? and who's your target man? The ST I suppose?

Usually I don't use neither target man nor playmaker, just tick run onto ball. Not sure about this bit yet however, not enough testing. I've tried setting the ST as target man and the central MC as playmaker, I did't notice much difference apart from some overambitious passes towards the striker when better options were available.

I see, I have ''two teams'' in one the playmaker is the left AM and in the other team the one on the right, because of their carachteristics, target man set as my striker, so far so good, just victories, working really well, just after 4,5 games I can say this is a very good one

i just cant have any ball possesion ... !!

when i play my slightly modified version of v2 I often found this lack of possession to be a good thing, in an attacking sense that is, since it made the opposing team come at me, only for me to hit them on the break, the superior attack provided by the tactic mean that I usaly come out on top

i have thought like vu and Elhan moved on to play 4-3-2-1 on a more regular basis, with the extra man on cm providing better balance, in my case it was much out of frustration and inabilety to deal with Udinese that played such a formation...will soon post a bit on my progress with the x-mass tree, a beta of my tactic, some results and maybe some pkm's etc

http://www.mediafire.com/?3aaih9qggelziwo

Disclaimer: This is still a work in progress, I am only uploading this to share ideas!

This tactic aims for: 1. control possession 2. pressure the opossition 3. play a patient passing game. So far I have managed to achieve those goals reasonably well - the defensive part especially works superbly for me, the oppossition hardly ever get any shots and I keep clean sheets more often than not.

The most notable weaknesses to work on are, in my opinion, 1. the frequency of long shots is still slightly too high and 2. I still feel it could score more goals. Most games I win confortably (2-0, 3-0), but you won't see spectacular scorelines that often. Overall, the ballance is good in my opinion, but there are things to work on still. Compared to your tactic it will tends to score less but generally keeps possession better.

Keep in mind that I haven't tested this with lower quality teams and frankly I don't expect it to work unless you have a technically gifted team. Oh, and I also didn't bother with corner instructions and the like, I was going to leave that untill I am done testing how the tactic generaly works on the pitch.

Try your tactic in some game.This tactic possession ball very good,but I think it doesn't make much pressure to the opposite.2MC stand low,I view a space between them and the other attacker.I think u should set attack or overload to the player pass upward.The good posession is that have too much short pass

I think 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 are the tactic that 2 flank always is got much pressure by the opposite.Thus 2 FB should be set high closing down to guarantee safety for the team.

You might have a point about the MCs, at least one of them could probably play higher up. However, if you do play them higher up they might move into the AMC's area too often, so it's really a matter of a notche or two in the mentality slider at best. The way they are now they are ment to intercept any stray balls and prevent counter attacks. I admit I am not 100% hapy with how they work, although I have tried many combinations for the 3 MCs. From what I have seen, it works better with two defensive-minded ones covering the AMCs and a more attacking one in the center, much like you have done in your tactic as well. But yes, the mentality sliders especially might need some tweaks for the MCs.

The fullbacks I think are just the way they should be, if you set their closing down higher, you will have trouble when defending in your half of the pitch. What happens is, they start following the opposition winger, and if he cuts inside they keep following him for way too long, moving into your DC's or MC's area, wich should not happen in a zonal marking system because it leaves the flanks exposed. They way they are set the flanks are well protected, the opposition wingers are double marked by MCs and fullbacks quite often, and it leaves no holes in the defense.

What you are trying to achieve with high closing down on the fullbacks is better achieved, in my opinion, by setting fullbacks on very high mentality. It will make them put pressure higher up the pitch, intercept balls and offer excellent support for the attack. But increasing closing down so much will just make them follow oppossition players for a very long time and thus get dragged out of position (with full closing down I have seen them chasing opponents even in the middle of the pitch. Also, always have their tackling on easy and their marking as zonal/tight. This will effectively block any good crosses. In my experience, setting the tackling to anything but easy, will make your fullback miss some crucial tackles and give the opponent a good opportunity to cross. I find it better just to have your fullback close him down and block his pass/cross, you can't afford your fullback missing a tackle so close to your goal. This is also the reason for having hard tackling on your attacking players: it will prevent counter attacks sometimes, it can win you the ball in a vital area, and if your guy misses the tackle it's no big deal since it will happen somewhere in the opposition area so it won't really matter.

Anyway, cheers for the feedback, if you could give it a try and perhaps make whatever tweaks you think will help and link it, I would appreciate it. If not, at least I hope you might find an idea or two to improve your own tactic (wich was my reason for uploading mine in the first place).

You might have a point about the MCs, at least one of them could probably play higher up. However, if you do play them higher up they might move into the AMC's area too often, so it's really a matter of a notche or two in the mentality slider at best. The way they are now they are ment to intercept any stray balls and prevent counter attacks. I admit I am not 100% hapy with how they work, although I have tried many combinations for the 3 MCs. From what I have seen, it works better with two defensive-minded ones covering the AMCs and a more attacking one in the center, much like you have done in your tactic as well. But yes, the mentality sliders especially might need some tweaks for the MCs.

The fullbacks I think are just the way they should be, if you set their closing down higher, you will have trouble when defending in your half of the pitch. What happens is, they start following the opposition winger, and if he cuts inside they keep following him for way too long, moving into your DC's or MC's area, wich should not happen in a zonal marking system because it leaves the flanks exposed. They way they are set the flanks are well protected, the opposition wingers are double marked by MCs and fullbacks quite often, and it leaves no holes in the defense.

What you are trying to achieve with high closing down on the fullbacks is better achieved, in my opinion, by setting fullbacks on very high mentality. It will make them put pressure higher up the pitch, intercept balls and offer excellent support for the attack. But increasing closing down so much will just make them follow oppossition players for a very long time and thus get dragged out of position (with full closing down I have seen them chasing opponents even in the middle of the pitch. Also, always have their tackling on easy and their marking as zonal/tight. This will effectively block any good crosses. In my experience, setting the tackling to anything but easy, will make your fullback miss some crucial tackles and give the opponent a good opportunity to cross. I find it better just to have your fullback close him down and block his pass/cross, you can't afford your fullback missing a tackle so close to your goal. This is also the reason for having hard tackling on your attacking players: it will prevent counter attacks sometimes, it can win you the ball in a vital area, and if your guy misses the tackle it's no big deal since it will happen somewhere in the opposition area so it won't really matter.

Anyway, cheers for the feedback, if you could give it a try and perhaps make whatever tweaks you think will help and link it, I would appreciate it. If not, at least I hope you might find an idea or two to improve your own tactic (wich was my reason for uploading mine in the first place).

In my opinion,set Mc move high to he get ball near goal.He will penetrate into penalty area to avoid that he will shoot from distance.If set he stand outside penalty area.1 he will shoot much(especially if he have PPM:shoot with power).2 If against a team have 5 defender,you have only 3 player move high,you will have trouble to score.I set duty:attack for MC and view the wonderful result from him.I try it eith fellani(Everton).He score 13 goals in EPL.The player can play well in this position need good stamina,strength because he will move much.I think because this tactic have only 1 FC,thus if Mc don't move higher,FC will be tight marking

About fullback,I think because I set overload,they will move up whenever possible.Thus he need closing down from the Opposite zone.I only set zonal marking for 2 fullback.Thus if the opposite' FB and winger attack,he and MC will keep this area safely.I think if set low high closing down,the opposite will penetrate my zone easy.I think the different is that u set balance and I set overload.Attcking much need much closing down.

Set strategy:balance make the player have trend pass more.Thus the team have much possession but don't have change.

In my opinion,set Mc move high to he get ball near goal.He will penetrate into penalty area to avoid that he will shoot from distance.If set he stand outside penalty area.1 he will shoot much(especially if he have PPM:shoot with power).2 If against a team have 5 defender,you have only 3 player move high,you will have trouble to score.I set duty:attack for MC and view the wonderful result from him.I try it eith fellani(Everton).He score 13 goals in EPL.The player can play well in this position need good stamina,strength because he will move much.I think because this tactic have only 1 FC,thus if Mc don't move higher,FC will be tight marking

About fullback,I think because I set overload,they will move up whenever possible.Thus he need closing down from the Opposite zone.I only set zonal marking for 2 fullback.Thus if the opposite' FB and winger attack,he and MC will keep this area safely.I think if set low high closing down,the opposite will penetrate my zone easy.I think the different is that u set balance and I set overload.Attcking much need much closing down.

Set strategy:balance make the player have trend pass more.Thus the team have much possession but don't have change.

You make a very good point about the middle MC, and I think I am going to follow your suggestion. However, regarding the fullbacks, I remain unconvinced. Here is a screenshot of what I believe is wrong with setting fullback's closing down so high (using your version of the tactic in this):

fullbackcd.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see my right fullback (Jorgensen) due to his very high closing down has moved in to close the opponent MC (De Rossi), leaving a huge gap on my right flank. Like I said, if you want your fullbacks to close down when the ball is in the opponent's side and you've just lost possession it is better to try and do that with setting a high mentality and a bit higher defensive line perhaps. If you go about setting closing down so high you will have this type of problem like you see in the screenshot.

You make a very good point about the middle MC, and I think I am going to follow your suggestion. However, regarding the fullbacks, I remain unconvinced. Here is a screenshot of what I believe is wrong with setting fullback's closing down so high (using your version of the tactic in this):

fullbackcd.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see my right fullback (Jorgensen) due to his very high closing down has moved in to close the opponent MC (De Rossi), leaving a huge gap on my right flank. Like I said, if you want your fullbacks to close down when the ball is in the opponent's side and you've just lost possession it is better to try and do that with setting a high mentality and a bit higher defensive line perhaps. If you go about setting closing down so high you will have this type of problem like you see in the screenshot.

I have ever met this situation.I will review your opinion but I think the closing down still is whole pitch because the team attack.Thank for share

Great stuff vu duc tu!

My Milan game is too easy i play 15 league games winning 14 and one draw with inter milan.

So i started with SS Lazio MD is 9th. Feedback later and no signings.

waiting your feedback with SS Lazio and AC Milan

hi vu duc tu!

i started a career with wolves using goalsstorm v2 and i got amazing results:

1st season - 7th (media prediction 18)

2nd season - 7th and carling cup winner

3rd season - premier league winner (europa league second round)

4th season - community shield, premier league winner and champions league runner up (lost 2-1 to inter)

i now have a great team (fortunately, english clubs are quite rich) so i tried your new tree formation for my 5th season

after playing 10 friendly games i managed to win community shield against arsenal (2-1). then i started losing 3-1 in anfield (strange game i deserved to win) but after that i´ve won 5 matches in a row (0-2 win in stamford bridge) and draw 1-1 at home against real madrid in champions league

so it´s beginning to work and it seems quite solid. not very goal scoring tactic (as the 4-2-3-1 stuff) but it seems great at the back.

my team:

akinfeev

cristian zapata - papastathopoulos - jorgensen - bocchetti

rodwell - hamisk - sandro

fleck/buonanotte - alexis sánchez

welliton/cardozo

i have a few questions. what kind of player would perform well as AMC? i have creative amcs like fleck or buonanotte but i also have alexis sánchez who is fast as hell and talented and loves to move into channels. alexis misses a lot of chances but he always creates danger and performs well so he always deserves to play.

why not using OI with this one? and during the matches, do you change things? i just change to counter or defensive if it´s a close game i´m winning and we´re in the last 20 minutes

thanks for your effort, i´ll keep on posting my progress!

I think u should use 1 fast AMC and 1 AMC have good finish as I use Cahill-Pienaar(cahill score wonderful and pienaar assist well).if alexis missed a lot of chances,U can recommend him learn: place shoot.Beside,I think 1 good PPM for AMC is get forward whenever possible(cahill have this PPM and he was goalscorer in the first season)

I no use OI because I think a good tactic is a tactic no use OI.In the match,I rarely change things.I losed Nottingham in fa cup because change it(win 2-0 in half,I change defensive,insrease waste time and I lose 3-2).Thus i don't have any idea about this question.It depend you,you can change attack or control to the player keep good condition,play slower.

About the number of goal,I still have wonderful number(105 goal with everton,only 9 goal from corner and at now try it with Blackburn after 6 game 5 win 1 draw score 16 conceed 5.I win westham 4-0,everton 4-1,wolverhamton 3-1,brunley 1-0,postmouth 1-0,draw arsenal 3-3).I hope it will work better with more goal after your player adapt this formation.

Hope can help you.Keep up your good job

I think it depend striker who you have.

I play everton:cahill score more than yakubu and saha because saha have PPM:shoot with power and he miss many chances,yakubu injured and miss some match but still score 18 goal and asts 11 after 24games.No too bad

Use kramaric:1 fast striker.I have more success:score 4 goals when croatia win sweden 7-3.Thus I think 1 fast FC will be better than strong FC because I set run onto ball.

I think this tactic is really good, i score a huge amount of goals, but i concede way to much. any advice on the back 4? without affecting my attacking flow.

the Fb have PPM:get forward whenever possible?The player you use for MC?

U also should replace FB and MC when their condition aproximate 70%

currently my striker is pazzini..but he dont wan listen any ppm..wat i need to do now ?

place shoot will help the stiker score fully accurate and doesn't miss much chance.If the striker don't have this PPM,he still can play as well.

Archived