hrbfcrule

FM Version:

-FM 10, with 10.3.0 patch

Database:

-Large

-Top Players from Europe, Asia, North America, South America, Oceania, Africa

Leagues Loaded:

-England down BSS/BSN

I am going to try and bring some success to my local team, Hampton and Richmond.

A "Little" History

Hampton & Richmond Borough F.C. are a football club based in the suburb of Hampton, in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, London, England.

They were founded in 1921 and formerly known as Hampton F.C. until 1999 when they changed their name in an attempt to draw a wider support base from around the Borough. In August 2007, the club started their first campaign as members of the Conference South.

The club has a core support base of around 600 to 800 people, average attendances have been rising for the past two seasons and continue to do so. The club remains the only senior level football club to represent the borough (which includes the towns of Hampton, Teddington, Twickenham, Whitton and Richmond), and is consequently seen as its football club. However, the club arguably struggles in attendance due to the popularity of rugby union in the borough.

Early Years

In 1959, Hampton entered the Senior football ranks as members of the Surrey Senior League, despite being based in Middlesex. In 1964 they won the championship and stepped up into the Spartan League where they enjoyed seven seasons of unparalleled success. The club captured the Spartan League title four times in 1965, 1966, 1967 and 1970 as well as finishing runners-up in 1968. They never finished outside the top four places during their stay.

In 1971 they were elected to the Second Division of the Athenian League. After narrowly missing promotion in their first season, Hampton finished runners-up to Ruislip Manor in 1973. By this time, though, the Beavers had already been elected to the newly formed Second Division (now First Division) of the Isthmian League

The club were to remain in Division Two of the Isthmian League until 1990, when they suffered their first relegation. Worse was to follow as the two regionalised Second Divisions were split in 1991 to form a Second and Third set-up. The Beavers found themselves one place below the dividing line and were relegated to the Third Division for the 1991/92 season. Although missing automatic promotion by one place, the club was promoted at the Isthmian AGM to fill a vacancy in the Second Division and so began the recovery.

In the mid-1990s, under long-serving manager Chick Botley, the Beavers began to climb up the leagues again, winning promotion from the second division in 1995/96, and then gaining promotion from the first division in 1997/98 after finishing in 3rd place. Hampton started 1998/99 in the Premier Division - now the top tier of Isthmian League football. In 1999-00, they became the first winners of the George Ruffell Memorial Shield. They remained in the Premier Division until 2002-03, which led to relegation and a return to Division One

The Devo years

In the Summer of 2003, Alan Devonshire signed as manager and had the task of winning promotion back to the Premier Division, this was achieved on the last day of his first season in charge with a 3-0 win at Leatherhead.

Hampton & Richmond subsequently spent three seasons in the Premier Division, each time coming close to promotion to the Conference South after finishing as runners up in the play-off competition in 2005/06, and narrowly missing out on a play-off place in 2004/05.

On 28 April 2007, Hampton & Richmond Borough were promoted as champions of the league to the Conference South after a 4-2 victory over Slough Town. The crowd of nearly 1,100 witnessed an epic match in which Hampton led 2-1 until a late Slough goal looked to have given the championship to promotion rivals, Bromley. This would have forced Hampton into 2nd place, meaning that they would have had to compete in the playoff competition for promotion. However, 90 seconds later Hampton retook the lead through a goal from captain Dean Wells and shortly afterwards a penalty was awarded and scored, resulting in a 4-2 victory, and automatic promotion for the Beavers.

Hampton & Richmond Borough quickly established themselves in the Conference South in the sixth tier of English football. In 2007/08 they finished in 3rd position in the league, reaching the play-off final which was narrowly lost to Eastbourne Borough. The following season they suffered yet more heartbreak in the play-off final, losing 2-3 at their home ground to Hayes & Yeading United, having qualified as runners-up to AFC Wimbledon. The club also reached the First Round Proper of the FA Cup for only the 2nd time in their history in 2007, losing to League Two side, Dagenham & Redbridge in front of over 2,000 fans.

The Club recorded its first record attendance at the start of the 2008/09 season when Hampton entertained a full strength West Ham United side that included Dean Ashton, Craig Bellamy and Robert Green. West Ham ran out 4-2 winners in front of a crowd of over 3000. Since then, several matches, including the Blue Square South Play-off Final in May 2009, have been played in front of capacity crowds.

On 29 January 2009 the club received a record transfer fee for its 20 year old striker Ben Wright as he moved to League One side Peterborough United. It had been widely reported that Wright was to make the move to Premier League Fulham, but Peterborough beat Fulham to the punch to sign up 'the hottest property in non-league football'. As part of the deal the club received a substantial cash amount and will receive further funds based on goals and appearances for the Posh, as well as a sell on fee.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hampton and Richmond: Club Information

Nation: England

Year Founded: 1920

Nickname: The Beavers, The Borough

Stadium: The Beveree

Club Colours: Red and Blue

Chairman Status: Loves the Club

Legends: Malcolm Dickinson, Tim Hollands, Steve Cheshire, Alan Devonshire

Icons: Darren Powell, Leroy Griffiths, Gary Holloway

Favoured Personnel: Dudley Gardener

Fierce Rivals: Staines, AFC Wimbledon

Other Rivals: Kingstonian, Brentford, Walton & Hersham

Finances: okay

Average Ticket Price: £11.00

Average Season Ticket Price: £170

Season Ticket Holders: 45

Estimated Value: £140k

Continental Competition: None

Media Prediction: 8th

Squad Personality: Determined

Captain: Dean Wells

Manager: Alex Parker

The legends of the current squad

Matt Lovett (GK) - Solid Keeper and can also take quality penalties, although not according to this game with his penalty attribute of 1.

Dean Wells (DC) - Great Centre Back and captain. Can defend well and also attack well, with his massive throw ins.

Ian Hodges (ST) - Pretty much our only striker who can head the ball. But watch out you don't want to get on his bad side, he has a habit for getting very very aggresive.

Lawerence Yaku (ST) - He's getting on a bit, but used to have great finishing, now though he is a bit lazy, doesn't really jump for headers or tackle just runs off the defenders when a long ball is pumped over the top. Kind of like Dimitar Berbatov but better;)

Preseason

Media Prediction: 8th

Expectations: Top Half Finish

Promotion Odds: 25-1

Wage Budget: £3,512

Wage Bill: £ 3,234

Transfer Budget: £0

Ticket price: £11.00

Season Ticket Holders: 45

Season Ticket Price: £170

Transfers

Luke Webb - My 1st purchase, was brought in to replace some of the midfielders who i decided to release

Jay Sztybel - Since I only had 1 starting right back i decided to buy this guy, he has played well in the friendlies and has gained a 1st team place

Tom Parsons - Nice all round cover for my defence, can play central left or right of defence. I'm sure he will be vital especially towards the end of the season as his versatility will cover injuries

Antonio Garcia - I let go a few midfielders as most of them were poor also with my 4-3-3 formation I will need 3 good central mids.

Jordan Loftman - Need some back up for my strikers for the 4-3-3 formation, he looks pretty good for bss level

Andy Brown - Probably the worst of my transfers but I was struggling to find a back up right back due to me releasing the only right back in the squad (he was rubbish)

Friendlies

Hampton & Richmond 1-1 Hampton & Richmond Reserves

Hampton & Richmond 0-1 GH Academy

Billericay 0-0 Hampton & Richmond

Bedworth 0-4 Hampton & Richmond

Ashford (Middx) 0-3 Hampton & Richmond

Walton & Hersham 1-4 Hampton & Richmond

Hampton & Richmond 1-0 Chester

Hampton & Richmond 1-1 Hartlepool

I am very happy with my preseason most notably the results against Chester and Hartlepool. You can tell where I tweaked my tactics and the drastic effect it had on our performance.

August 2009

League: Hampton & Richmond 3-0 Basigstoke

A poor 1st half by both teams but we were slightly better. We came to life in the 2nd half firstly Ian Hodges netted after 52 mins, then Lawrence Yaku doubled our lead 14 mins later. Finally David Tarpey added a 3rd late on.

League: Newport County 1-1 Hampton & Richmond

We were completely outplayed and were lucky to escape with the draw. Craig Dundas scored just after the restart to gove us a 1-0 lead but we couldn't hold onto the lead and conceded with 12 mins to go.

League: Bromley 0-0 Hampton & Richmond

Expected us to win this one but Bromley played well and a draw was probably a fair result.

League: Hampton & Richmond 0-0 Braintree

We really should have put away our chances in this match but again we failed to score. I see this as 2 points dropped rather than 1 point gained.

League: Bath 1-0 Hampton & Richmond

This was always going to happen, we were struggling to score and it was only a matter of time before the opposition scored against us.

League: Hampton & Richmond 1-1 Thurrock

Jordan Loftman gave us a 1st half lead but again we couldn't hold onto it and conceded in the 84th min extending the run to 5 games without a win.

League: St Albans 0-0 Hampton & Richmond

Again we really should have won but failure to put away our chances cost us dear. I have 6 strikers in the squad and not one of them is on form.

League Table

Player of the month - Guney Ozcan - A solid month for the new centre back. Was responsible for us conceding just 3 in 7 games.

Transfers

Guney Ozcan, Joe Selby - Was very short on defenders and had only just noticed after the 1st league game of the season so I brought in these two.

Aaron Moses-Garvey - apparently leading star for the bsp standard. So despite having enough strikers I snapped him.

September 2009

League: Hampton & Richmond 3-0 Woking

Just the response I was looking for. Things didn't seem to be going our way at the start and by the 40th min I was forced into making 2 subs because of injuries. But it was these subs which kickstarted us. Antonio Garcia scored from just outside the area just 4 mins after he came on. Then just 3 mins later deep in 1st half injury time we had a corner which was whipped in, it missed everyone and fell to John Scarborough near the back post. His powerful shot found its way past the keeper and defender on the line to make it 2-0 at ht. Craig Dundas then added a 3rd midway through the 2nd half to make our lead even more comfortable not that it was ever under any pressure.

League: Hampton & Richmond 1-0 Bishop Stortford

We completely dominated this match and should have won by more. Luke Webb got the all important goal in the 1st half but our lack of finishing (scoring 1 from 19 shots) led to nervy times at the end but we hung on to claim the win.

League: Dover 0-2 Hampton & Richmond

We got off to a great start when Craig Dundas scored a penalty after just 5 mins. Then just before the hour Tarpey was set clean through, his pace taking him clear of their defence but he blasted his shot against the keeper. The rebound was kind and fell at Aaron Moses-Garvey's feet who tapped into the empty net.

League: Havant & Waterlooville 2-1 Hampton & Richmond

We got off to the worst possible start conceding after just 43 seconds and all good form from the past few games went out the window. We then proceeded to concede a 2nd despite having the lion's share of possesion and chances. We managed to get one back, Aaron Moses-Garvey ran past a few defenders before cooly slotting past the oncoming keeper. We pushed for the equaliser but couldn't find it ruining our chances of a perfect month.

FA Cup 2nd Qual Round: Woking 0-1 Hampton & Richmond

We were handed a tough draw in the 2nd Qual Round. I wasn't totally confident about getting to the next round despite beating them comfortably earlier this month. We desperately needed the money as we were losing quite a lot/month. Thankfully we played out of our skin and got the goal we deserved in the 79th min. Craig Dundas ran down the left and cut inside, skipping past a few defenders in the box before beating the keeper at his near post form a tight angle. Great Goal!!!

League Table

Player of the Month - Craig Dundas - Has scored 3 in 5 this month including the vital and amazing goal in the FA Cup

October 2009

League: Hampton & Richmond 1-1 Weymouth

They scored early on with what turned out to be their only shot on target. Aaron Moses-Garvey got the equaliser before half time but we couldn't seem to get a winner. Disappointing result.

FA Cup 3rd Qual Round: Hampton & Richmond 3-0 Marlow

Expected a comfortable win and I got just that. Antonio Garcia seems to making a name for himself with another fabulous strike from outside the box to give us the lead after just 7 mins. David Tarpey doubled our lead 7 mins later with just our 2nd shot of the match with a close range header. David Tarpey then got the 3rd just before half time when he was set through on goal by a lovely pass by Luke Webb over the top of the defence. Unfortunately we couldn't score more but i'll take a 3-0 win.

League: Hampton & Richmond 2-0 Worcester

We got off to the perfect start, Aaron Moses-Garvey scored after just 35 seconds. Moses-Garvey then scored his 2nd after 14 mins, this was enough to give us victory and leave us just 2 points off the playoffs.

FA Cup 4th Qual Round: Staines 0-2 Hampton & Richmond

Rival match and boy did we step up to it. Aaron Moses-Garvey continued his fine form by opening the scoring after 17 mins. Craig Dundas got the 2nd after 28 mins and Staines never really recovered. We comfortably held them off for the rest of the match to get through to the 1st round proper.

League: Eastleigh 1-1 Hampton & Richmond

Aaron Moses-Garvey, this guy is on fire this month he scored after just 30 mins. But we sat back and didnn't deal with their attacks right after we scored and ended up conceding just 7 mins later. Despite having plenty of chances we couldn't find the net again. We were almost made to pay even more when they hit the post in the 92nd min.

League: Hampton & Richmond 2-1 Maidenhead

Jordan Loftman came back from injury and scored on his return after 27 mins. Antonio Garcia scoring another cracking goal this time from a 25 yrd free kick just before half time. They got 1 back in the 2nd half to lead to nervy times but we held on to the victory. This win had pushed us into the playoff places.

League Table

Player of the Month - Aaron Moses-Gravey - scored 5 in the 6 games this month, hope he can keep up the good form.

November 2009

League: Welling 1-1 Hampton & Richmond

A poor 1st half was made up by an improved 2nd half. Antonio Garcia unleashed another trademark screamer from outside the area. This one 30 yrds out hitting the underside of the bar before going in. But again we couldn't hold onto a slender lead when they equalised in the 74th min.

FA Cup 1st Round: Hampton & Richmond 2-3 Tamworth

A massive game, only the 3rd time h+r have got into the 1st round proper of the FA Cup. However it didn't go to plan they scored in the 4th min but we fought well and got our reward. Aaron Moses-Garvey was set through on goal where he blasted in past the keeper. Just 3 mins later we took the lead when Moses-Garvey turned provided to set up Jordan Loftman who poked the ball past the keeper. We kept this incredible lead till the 64th min whent he occasion seemed to get too much for us and we conceded 2 quick goals to turn the match on its head. We just couldn't recover and ended up losing 3-2, a thriller but not what we were looking for.

League: Hampton & Richmond 1-1 Havant & Waterlooville

Back to the league and back to another draw. They scored first late in the 1st half but we countered immediately when Antonio Garcia scored another 25 yrd screamer. All his 5 goals so far this season have come outside the area.

League: Lewes 0-1 Hampton & Richmond

Wasn't expecting much this match we seem to be struggling in the league. It looked like it was going to be our 10th league draw in 19 games but in the 91st min Craig Dundas turned in their area and shot against the post the rebound fell kindly and he prodded home to secure just our 2nd away win.

FA Trophy 3rd Qual Round: Hastings 1-1 Hampton & Richmond

Needed to go far in this competition as we are losing a fair bit of money per month. Things got off to a great start when Jordan Loftman shot home after the keepr had parried an attempt by David Tarpey. But not being able to get a 2nd goal proved costly as they scored late on to send it to a replay.

FA Trophy 3rd Qual Round Replay: Hampton & Richmond 1-0 Hastings

We looked comfortable at home and were never in doubt of losing it. Aaron Moses-Garvey got the only goal of the game when he shot home from a tight angle in the 38th min. Again I would have liked a 2nd to ease the nerves but thankfully this time we didn't need it.

League Table

Player of the Month - Antonio Garcia - Wasn't the best all round player this month but hes amazing strikes were deserving of the player of the month award.

December 2009

League: Weston Super Mare 3-2 Hampton & Richmond

We started off well but they were the ones to open the scoring after 18 mins against the run of play.The rest of the 1st half was uneventful but the 2nd half exploded into life. Less than 2 mins from the restart they doubled their lead. However Craig Dundas had other ideas when a great move which started from the kick off after their 2nd goal and ended with Craig Dundas powering a shot past the keeper from the edge of the area. Dundas then got us back on level terms on the hour mark with another fantastic shot past the keeper. It looked like we were on top and looked the more likely to win it now but they scored from a counter attack to end those chances and we lost 3-2.

League: Dorchester 0-1 Hampton & Richmond

A very drab match which was decided by a route one move in the final 10 mins, Matty Lovett hoofed the ball up from a goal kick which Ian Hodges chested down, ran into the area and slotted past the oncoming keeper.

League: Hampton & Richmond 1-0 Bath

Ian Hodges again got the only goal of the game, this time in the first 10 mins. Hodgey ran past two defenders before firing past the keeper. We managed to hang onto this lead which wasn't too hard as they had 6 shots all of which were off target.

FA Trophy 1st Round: Lewes 0-0 Hampton & Richmond

A fairly even game with a few chances for each side none of which were taken. This meant a replay which I'm sure neither side wanted due to the packed schedule.

FA Trophy 1st Round Replay: Hampton & Richmond 3-1 Lewes

A much more interesting match than the last one. They just didn't turn up in the 1st half and the match was all over by half time. Ian Hodges scored a penalty which he earned himself after 24 mins. The 2nd was from a great move started from the keeper, Lovett, and ended with Jordan Loftman running through the middle and prodding the ball under the keeper's diving body. Just 3 mins later Aaron Moses-Garvey added a 3rd, tapping home a Jordan Loftman cross.

League: Hampton & Richmond 3-1 Welling

We continued our good home form with a comfortable win over struggling Welling. Again it was the 1st half performances which decided the match. Their defence was split open by Aaron Moses-Garvey's through ball to Tarpey. Tarpey ran on and instead of trying to round the keeper unselfishly passed to Ian Hodges to tap into an empty net. Then just before the half time whistle Luke Webb shot from 30 yards and it the underside of the bar and went in. Question marks over their keeper as it went straight at him yet he didn't save it. Midway through the 2nd half we scored a 3rd, a long throw by Dean Wells found Ian Hodges with his back to goal he layed it off to Dudley Gardener whose powerful shot found the top corner. A great move by 3 real life h+r players. They scored a consolation late on but in the end an easy win.

League: Hampton & Richmond 4-0 Staines

This rival match saw a bumper crowd of just under 850. It was must win for us not only because they are fierce rivals but they are also bottom of the table. I was not disappointed after 28 mins Ian Hodges turned a defender and shot accross goal into the far corner to make it 1-0. With Antonio Garcia out injured Luke Webb really stepped up to the plate. Another great 30 yard strike went right into the top corner after 42 mins. In 1st half injury time Hodgey got his 2nd with a curling effort into the top corner from the edge of the area. With 20 mins to go Hodgey completed his hat trick with a 20 yard strike into the top corner.

League: Braintree 1-0 Hampton & Richmond

A rather abrupt end to a great run of form, we were outplayed and deserved to lose. They got their goal in the 57th min and to be honest they could have had 3 or 4.

League Table

Player of the Month - Ian Hodges - Only contender really, scoring 7 in the last 6 matches having scored just 1 all season before that.

January 2010

League: Staines 0-2 Hampton & Richmond

We play them for the 2nd time in a few weeks in the league. The points go to the same team though, again we proved too strong for them and they are now 10 points adrift and seemingly destined to be relegated. Jordan Loftman cut through their defence far too easily after just 3 mins to give us the lead. The points were wrapped up in the 80th min when Ian Hodges got on the end of a Jay Sztybel cross to tap home.

League: Hampton & Richmond 0-0 Dover

A disappointing result considering how strong our home form is. This would have been a great match to win as Dover are one of the teams fighting for a playoff spot.

FA Trophy 2nd Round: Hampton & Richmond 0-2 Gateshead

We were powerless to resist a far superior Gatesgead side. Goals in the 25th and 66th min ended our FA Trophy run. Before the game I thought we had a good chance of winning but I'd rather we did well in the league.

League: Woking 1-1 Hampton & Richmond

I would have taken a draw before the match as Woking were one of the teams around us but given when and the way we conceded the goal I am a bit disappointed. Ian Hodges undeservedly put us 1-0 up after a bit of pinball in the box. It looked like it would be the winner but in the 90th min they got a corner which Matt Lovett failed to collect and they headed home from a few yards out.

League: Hampton & Richmond 3-1 Bromley

Our 1st goal from a corner this season came in this match. Barrie Matthews swung it in to the edge of the 6 yard box where Dean Wells volleyed home. Our 2nd came 34 seconds into the second half, Jordan Loftman put Aaron Moses-Garvey through on goal which he comfortably put away. The 3rd was a wonder goal from Luke Webb he's hitting them from further and further away this one came from 35 yards out and sealed the victory. They got a consolation goal a few mins later but we were never in any danger of losing the points.

League: Hampton & Richmond 3-2 Chelmsford

Antonio Garcia, back from injury, didn't want to be outdone by his midfield partner in terms of long range goals. So after just 12 mins against, promotion rivals Chelmsford, he struck it from 30 yards to see it nestle in the top corner. Luke Webb replied with another amazing strike just 4 mins later, also from 30 yards to get our 2nd. They managed to get 1 back before half time meaning the game wasn't over yet. We managed to restore our 2 goal lead by dispossesing them on the half way line and sliding a perfectly weighted through ball to Jordan Loftman whose shot went in off the post. They replied with another goal to make it 3-2 but we held on for a priceless win.

League Table

Player of the Month - Tom Parsons - Although not scoring or assisting in any of the goals this month he played well in defence and broke down a lot of opposition attacks.

Beware the Beavers.

Indeed

February 2010

League: Basingstoke 1-2 Hampton & Richmond

We attacked straight from the off and were rewarded 16 mins in with a goal. Antonio Garcia's through ball finding Aaron Moses-Garvey who made no mistake with the finish. We looked comfortable for the rest of the half and maybe could have had a few more goals. They started the 2nd half well and managed to get an equaliser in the 52nd min. But in the 73rd min Antonio Garcia found himself completely unmarked in the box and his shot went into the bottom corner of the goal to give us a deserved win.

League: Bishop Stortford 1-0 Hampton & Richmond

How did we not get a result from this match? We outplyed them for the whole match but they scored on the break and to be honest it was a pretty good goal but that doesn't make me any less annoyed.

League: Hampton & Richmond 1-0 Newport County

A vital win against playoff hopefuls Newport County. However it wasn't an encounter to be remembered both teams cancelled each other out for large parts of the match. Justice was done from last match when in the 72nd min (exactly the same time as Bishop Stortford's goal in the previous match) Joe Selby's cross picked out an unmarked Jordan Loftman to head home from 6 yards out.

League Table

Player of the Month - Guney Ozcan - In a very uneventful month no one really stood out so I chose Guney Ozcan as he has performed consistently well the whole season as his 7.34 average rating proves.

March 2010

League: Worcester 2-2 Hampton & Richmond

We had to twice come from behind to secure the draw. They took the lead in the 12th min but we came back almost instantly, Jordan Loftman went on a solo run from the half way and ended up finishing from a tight angle. They retook the lead 8 mins later due to a defensive mistake. Then just before half time Jordan Loftman got his 2nd by heading home an Aaron Moses-Garvey cross from close range. The 2nd half was uneventful and it stayed 2 a piece.

League: Hampton & Richmond 1-1 Dorchester

We really should have won this especially after the great start we got. Jordan Loftman continued his fine goal scoring form when he tucked away Andy Brown's cross after 2 mins. We couldn't get a 2nd goal and inevitably the equalised late on.

League: Maidenhead 1-2 Hampton & Richmond

A very important match against league leaders Maidenhead. We got off to the worst start when one of my transfer targets (who chose Maidenhead over me) netted after just 51 seconds. But we got right back into it after 51 mins when Jordan Loftman layed off Ian Hodges who turned on the outside of the box and shot straight down the keepers throat, but he fumbled it and it went it. :D A dramatic last min winner was scored by who else than Jordan Loftman, he beat the offside trap and easily put it past the keeper to give us an incredible and very lucky win. My keeper, Matt Lovett, got a 9.2 match rating and the man of the match. (1st time ive had a keepr get above a 9 rating

League: Hampton & Richmond 0-0 Eastleigh

I can never seem to beat Eastleigh not just on this save but eveytime I play them. We had so many chances but just couldn't find the net.

League: Chelmsford 2-0 Hampton & Richmond

An incredibly poor performance we were thoroughly and deservedly beaten. A goal either side of half time settled the game.

League Table

Player of the Month - Jordan Loftman - 4 goals in 5 matches this month which is very impressive.

April 2010

League: Thurrock 1-3 Hampton & Richmond

We played awful for the 1st hour of the match and managed to concede in that time but the match was completely turned on when I put on some subs. 5 mins after the subs came on Antonio Garcia found himself free in the box but his shot was poorly hit yet it rolled under the keeper and into the net. In the 78th min we took the lead for the 1st time, Andy Brown shot going into the top corner from 25 yards. The comeback was complete in the 83rd min when a long ball over the top found David Tarpey completely unmarked, who kept his cool to finish past the keeper.

League: Hampton & Richmond 4-0 St Albans

We continued our goal scoring form, we were in great display against St Albans. Aaron Moses-Garvey got us going with the 1st goal after 10 mins his 20 yard shot finding the top corner. It stayed 1-0 for a while until St Albans imploded in the last 20 mins. Super sub Craig Dundas got us a 2nd with a perfect finish from just inside the area. Craig Dundas went one better just 6 mins later he got a 2nd and h+r's 3rd with a volley from 25 yards. Aaron Moses-Garvey finished off the scoring by timing his run to perfection to stay onside he then finished from a tight angle to make it 4-0.

League: Hampton & Richmond 4-0 Weston Super Mare

Another amazing performance, the question is could we keep it up till the playoffs which we guaranteed after this result. Jordan Loftman got our 1st this time, managing to toe poke the ball under the oncoming keeper after being set through on goal by Andy Brown. Our 2nd came at a crucial time, in injury time of the 1st half. Aaron Moses-Garvey was the beneficiary, he used his pace to split open their defence, his 1st shot was saved but he blasted in the rebound. Their defence had just fallen apart by the time we had a 3rd in the net, Aaron Moses-Garvey easily beating the defence and timed his finish to perfection. The final goal started form their corner which was headed away to Tarpey who ran around 70 yards and got a cross into Jordan Loftman, who had managed to keep up with him, who headed home from about 2 yards out.

League: Weymouth 1-1 Hampton & Richmond

A slight disappointment considering the previous results this month. We had the chances this game but this time we didn't take them. They took the lead in the 19th min and led for quite some time until David Tarpey ran through the middle of their defence and his shot nestled in the bottom corner. It stayed like that till full time but we had 3 glorious opportunities to make it 4 wins in a row.

League: Hampton & Richmond 1-0 Lewes

Again we had the chances but didn't take them, well except for one Antonio Garcia raced past their static defence and scored at the near post, incredibly poor goalkeeping to be honest.

League Table - into the playoffs we go, we got drawn against Chelmsford our home leg 1st.

Player of the Month - Guney Ozcan - fastly becoming one of my best buys ever, average rating of 7.68 over the past 5 games which earned him Blue Square South Player of the Month Award as well

May 2010

Playoff Semi-final 1st leg: Hampton & Richmond 1-1 Chelmsford

Previous league meetings: this season we had beaten them 3-2 at home but lost to them 2-0 away.

A great match for the neutral, the game was pretty much end to end. No one could make anything of it until the 52nd min when they took the lead. We equalised almost instantly the move started from the kick off and 8 passes later David Tarpey had turned a defender and scored into the far bottom corner from the edge of the penalty area. It stayed 1-1 unfortunately we really wanted a win at home to feel more comfortable in the 2nd leg.

Playoff Semi-final 2nd leg: Chelmsford 0-1 Hampton & Richmond

After the result in the 1st leg I didn't expect us to go through. The game picked up from where the 1st leg left off. This time we managed to score 1st from a goalkeeping howler. A long ball was punted forward, their keeper rushed outside his area and hoofed it clear but the ball went straight to Ian Hodges whose 40 yard shot went into the empty net. We somehow managed to hang onto this small lead for the rest of the match. They had so many chances to take the game into extra time or even to win it but a combination of great saves by Matt Lovett andd some awful shooting meant they would not get into the playoff final.

We found out we were to play Woking in the final, they had beaten Bishop Stortford 4-3 on aggregate.

Previous meetings: We had beaten Woking 3-0 at home in the league and drawn to them 1-1 away. We had also beaten them 1-0 away in the FA Cup 2nd Qual Round.

Playoff Final: Hampton & Richmond 0-1 Woking

It was clear from the start that we were going to be struggling this match. They completely dominated the 1st half but my defence was standing firm. That was until the 44th min when they eventually scored. We played much better in the 2nd half and had a few chances to score but none were taken. Then in the 81st min Ian Hodges shot from the edge of the area and their keeper fumbled it to David Tarpey who slid the ball into the goal. But it was,rightly, ruled offside:mad:. We kept pushing for the equaliser but they were too strong and held firm. A disappointing end to the season but we are just a few good players away from a decent Blue Square Premier squad so I am confident of promotion next year.

very unlucky mate are you looking for a major overhaul of the squad over the summer?

Nah just a few players coming in. I've already signed an amazing striker and I'll try and get a couple of midfielders and a back up keeper

Although if I see anyone else who is really good I'll sign them regardless of if I need them

Thanks Crouchaldinho

End of Season Summary: Hampton & Richmond, Blue Square South 2009/10

League: 4th, lost 1-0 to Woking in playoff final

FA Cup: Lost in 1st round 2-3 at home to Tamworth

FA Trophy: Lost in 2nd Round 2-0 at home to Gateshead

League Table, League Graph

Squad, Transfers

A poor start to the season but we pulled it together and spent most of our time in the playoff spot.

As shown in the May report we beat Chelmsford 2-1 on aggregate but lost to Woking 1-0 in the final.

Player/s of the Season

Guney Ozcan - An amazing season for the centre back, I was a bit surprised he wasn't on the shortlist for the BSS player of the season.

Tom Parsons - Spent most of his time at left back but capably covered the right and central defence when required. His average rating was a very respectable 7.18

Antonio Garcia - The 1st time in a long time I have had someone other than a defender getting higher than 7 rating. His long shots were a massive threat to other teams all season.

Finances: I could be in real trouble if I don't get out of this division soon.

Season              League                Position        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10         Blue Square South           4th        Lost in Playoff Final

Roll of honour: Cups

Champions League

2009/10: Chelsea 2-1 Inter Milan

Euro Cup

2009/10: Everton 1-2 Arsenal

Euro Super Cup

2009/10: Shaktar Donetsk 0-0p Barcelona

FA Cup

2009/10: Tottenham 2-1 Birmingham

League Cup

2009/10: Blackburn 0-1 Chelsea

Community Shield

2009/10: Man Utd 2-2p Chelsea

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

2009/10: Leeds 2-3e Millwall

FA Trophy

2009/10: Oxford 0-0p Histon

Thanks for all the comments

Overall Best Eleven

Preseason

Media Prediction: 9th

Expectations: Top Half Finish

Promotion Odds: 25-1

Wage Budget: £3,686 (£3,512)

Wage Bill: £2,521 (£3,234)

Transfer Budget: £0 (£0)

Ticket price: £11.00 (£11.00)

Season Ticket Holders: 45 (45)

Season Ticket Price: £170 (£170)

Transfers

Jabuti (ST)

Sean Fitzharris (ST)

James Keatings (AMC, ST)

Daniel Platt (GK)

Lewis Toshney (DL)

James Forrest (AMC, ST)

Jordan Lowdon (AML)

Matt Noble (DR, DC)

Friendlies

Hampton & Richmond 0-3 MK Dons

Hampton & Richmond 1-3 Birmingham

Hampton & Richmond 3-0 Carmarthen

Walton & Hersham 0-5 Hampton & Richmond

Hampton & Richmond 1-0 Hayes & Yeading

Hampton & Richmond 1-1 Hull City

Hampton & Richmond 0-1 GH Academy

Hampton & Richmond 1-0 Forest Green

Hampton & Richmond 5-1 Newcastle Reserves

A great preseason, 5 wins 1 draw and 3 losses. The highlight being the 1-1 draw against a full strength hull side

ok normally make a little money organizing away friendlies myself

I will bear that in mind for next season. I have taken assistant manager off arranging friendlies, I will just have to remember to arrange them myself.

When do you start arranging them?

well my mate organizes some after last game of season purely for making money but i think that cheating.

but the minute you get some frendly proposals i reject them all and then arrange them

Kl I'll remember to do that at the end of the season

August 2010

League: Hampton & Richmond 3-0 Havant & Waterlooville

A great start to the new season, the exact same score as we got on the opening day of last season. Jabuti got us up and running with a well placed shot from the edge of the area after 13 mins, his 1st for the club on his debut. They seemed to turn off just before half time and we really made them pay, first Sean Fitzharris ran round the defence and slotted home to score on his debut as well. Then just 2 mins later we were 3 up Jabuti turned provider for Jay Sztybel who calmly put it away. We relaxed in the 2nd half and didn't score any more but not everything went our way, Sean Fitzharris got injured in the 90th min for 3 weeks.

League: Newport County 2-1 Hampton & Richmond

How did we not win this one? We completely outplayed them in the 1st half but a lack of concentration meant they scored in the 40th min. I think that goal had a big effect on us we didn't seem to play as well in the 2nd half and as soon as they scored a 2nd in the 60th min we had given up. Well except for 1 player, Jabuti made it 2 in 2 with a great solo effort, going past 2 defenders before rounding the keeper.

League: Hampton & Richmond 4-2 Eastleigh

One of the greatest starts I've ever had on fm, 3 goals in the opening 20 mins meant the game was over as contest pretty early on. Antonio Garcia scored from the spot after 11 mins. Garcia then doubled his and h+r's tally when James Forrest drew the keeper away and cut it back to Garcia who slotted into an empty net. The 3rd was scored in the 18th min and could not have been more route 1, Daniel Platt hoofed the ball all the way to their penalty area where Eastleigh's keeper missed it completely allowing Aaron Moses-Garvey to score into the open goal. They managed to get 1 back in the 39th min to give them a slim chance of a fightback but that chance was taken away just 47 seconds later when James Forrest raced clear of the defence and shoot past the keeper. The second half was a disappointment after the 1st half, just one more goal coming from it and that was to Eastleigh.

League: Thurrock 1-1 Hampton & Richmond

Another disappointing away result. Went almost the same way as the Newport County game. We were the better team yet we find ourselves 1 down at half time. This time though we rallyed and managed to get an equaliser. James Forrest getting the goal in the 86th min.

League: Hampton & Richmond 1-0 Bath

I thought we were going to throw away more points in this match. We played well in the 1st half but the turning point came when Bath got a "controversial" red card just before half time. It took us till the 87th min to finally find the winner, Jabuti scoring it from just inside the area. Embarrassment avoided. . . just about.

League Table

Player of the Month - Jabuti - 3 in 5 for the spanish striker, a much improved return than in preseason

September 2010

League: Truro 0-2 Hampton & Richmond

Our 1st away win, the match was settled before half time. Jabuti scoring from a tight angle after 12 mins. Then a 39th min penalty scored by Tom Parsons capped an easy victory.

League: Hampton & Richmond 1-1 Dover

A match we really should have won but the early goal proved vital. Dover scored after 11 mins and our attack wasn't good enough to score 2 in the match. However Aaron Moses-Garvey scored just before half time with a great 30 yard goal. 2nd half was pretty poor we piled on the pressure but the finishing was woeful.

League: Dartford 0-3 Hampton & Richmond

A much better performance against newly promoted Dartford. We led after just 17 seconds. Aaron Moses-Garvey scoring another long shot. Antonio Garcia then put us 2 up after 12 mins with a shot from just outside the area. On the half hour mark they had a man sent off and it looked like the score could get embarrassing for them. But we had let up a bit and we only scored 1 more goal, that came in 1st half injury time, Lewis Toshney's cross found Antonio Garcia unmarked in the box to head home his 2nd of the match.

FA Cup 2nd Round Qual: Hampton & Richmond 2-0 Dulwich Hamlet

A routine win against a poor opposition. It didn't all go our way though, 2 more injuries and a sending off to add to our problems. Guney Ozcan scored our 1st after 21 mins showing the strikers how its done by rifling in a shot from just outside the area. A James Keatings cross found Aaron Moses-Garvey who took a touch before putting it away to get our 2nd and ease the pressure on us. They never really had a sniff of goal and to be honest we should have had a lot more than 2.

League Table

Stat Attack: Out of the 18 goals we have scored so far this season 14 have come in the 1st half.

Player of the Month - Aaron Moses Garvey - 3 in 4 for the striker who must have been worried about his place in the team after i bought 4 strikers in the summer

October 2010

League: Hampton & Richmond 3-1 Maidstone

We outplayed them in the 1st half but they had the best chance when they got a penalty in the 44th min. Luckily they missed it. We finally got the goal we deserved in the 58th min a well worked move ended with James Keatings tucking the ball into the corner of the net. Jordan Loftman made it 2-0 with a great strike form the edge of the area in the 68th min. They got 1 back straight away and it was game on again. But in the 86th min James Keatings restored our 2 goal lead thus securing victory.

League: Dorchester 0-1 Hampton & Richmond

Biggest match of the season so far, 1st vs 2nd. It was avery close game both teams only managing 6 shots at goal. In the end we were separated by 1 fantastic strike by Luke Webb from 30 yards. Unfortunately he had to go off injured later on in the match but we managed to hold onto the 1 goal lead to give us a 3 point gap at the top of the table.

FA Cup 3rd Qual Round: Staines 0-1 Hampton & Richmond

Again we beat our closest rivals, although this time we were very lucky to do so. They had many chances to score but didn't take them. We took the lead in the 12th min when James Keatings deflected shot wrong footed the keeper who just watched it roll into the net.

League: Hampton & Richmond 2-1 Weston Super Mare

We were in the lead after 5 mins, James Forrest scoring a 30 yard free kick. But they had pegged us back before half time with a well worked goal. Jabuti came to our rescue in the 61st min, a route 1 ball from the keeper fell right at Jabuti's feet and he just took it past the keeper and tapped it into the net.

FA Cup 4th Qual Round: Hayes & Yeading 0-3 Hampton & Richmond

Revenge for the Playoff final defeat in 2009. I did not expect this, an incredible James Forrest 30 min hat trick stunned Hayes & Yeading. Forrest's 1st came in the 6th min an easy finish when he was set clean through by Keatings. His 2nd came 4 mins later, Forrest shot on the turn into the top corner to silence the home crowd. James Forrest completed his hat trick in the 36th min when he volleyed in off the post from a Fitzharris cross. This win gave us a draw against Soton in the 1st round

League: Tiverton 1-0 Hampton & Richmond

I'm putting this loss down to fatigue, theres no other way to describe such a poor performance especially against Tiverton (no offence). Tiverton are the 1st team to stop us scoring this season.

League: Hampton & Richmond 2-1 Salisbury

Bounced right back against a struggling Salisbury. James Keatings headed us 1 up on the stroke of half time from a Lewis Toshney cross. Then in the 66th min Luke Webb turned his man and shot from 25 yards to put us 2-0 up. They got 1 back in the 70th min but couldn't get an equaliser.

League Table

Player of the Month - Lewis Toshney - The unsung hero so far, average rating of 7.41 this season but hasn't scored.

nope because if your a small club you doint make enough to cover the cost of a match day + you have to pay the opposing side a appearence fee, whereas if your away you dont pay the costs but receive a hefty appearence fee (most ive got is 12K for a game (sounds like next to nowt but its a big sum in the lower leagues)

Surely if you entertain a big Premier League or Football League team, you get rewarded by decent gate receipts?

I'm surprised if it works how you have described it in the game. It certainly doesn't in real life, where most non-League teams look to get some of their bigger neighbours to play them at their home ground during pre-season.

Playing as St. Albans City on FM10, I've got some really decent sized gates by playing bigger local sides and some of the London clubs at Clarence Park.

I mean, a big gate might bring in anywhere between £10k or £30k in gate receipts! Perhaps more!

And I'm interested to know who is willing to pay a non-League club £12k for a pre-season friendly because I don't think that sounds too realistic? :confused:

When I look at arranging friendlies with 'very large reputation' clubs in my game, I'm offered around £3k in fees to play away, but told that I have a potential revenue of £9k for hosting the game at home. That's just one example on my game.

In real life, at St. Albans City, we've tended to play the likes of Watford, Tottenham, Peterborough, Leyton Orient etc., at home in pre-season in the recent past. Then we will tend to go away to local non-League clubs for a test on the road. I guess I just tend to keep my friendlies realistic and in line with what goes on in real life.

This is all just my opinion, of course. :)

Thanks for all the comments

To be honest I am not sure about the friendlies, This preseason I made around 20k from them overall.

November 2010

League: St Albans 3-0 Hampton & Richmond

An embarrassing result against a team struggling to stay in the BSS. We deserved a draw but we didn't take our chances and St Albans did. Maybe we had our eye on the big game which was less than a week away. Crouchaldinho will be pleased though.

FA Cup 1st Round: Southampton 2-1 Hampton & Richmond

The game everyone at h+r had been waiting for. We got the best draw in terms of money making. Southampton were top of league 1 and had won 7 of their last 9 before playing us. We went 1-0 down after 13 mins, it looked like it could be a long day but we regrouped well and even had a few attacks but a 74th min goal ended any hopes of us getting anything here. Although in the 80th min defender Matt Noble scored from a corner from one of our few attacks of the game. We couldn't find a 2nd but I am still very proud we didn't get thrashed.

League: Hampton & Richmond 0-1 Chelmsford

Our 3rd game within a week and it showed, our normally impecible home form went missing today. It was a very even game maybe Chelmsford were a little better but all the life went out of us when they scored in the 28th min. They could have had a 2nd but they missed a penalty in the 2nd half.

FA Trophy 3rd Qual Round: Hampton & Richmond 3-0 Bishop Stortford

A welcome distraction from the league at the moment. We had thrown away our 3 point lead at the top and were now 3rd. Their defender had to go off for treatment mid way through the 1st half and we took full advantage of it. Jabuti raced through on goal right through the gap in the defence where their guy should have been and slotted past the keeper. Luke Webb then scored a stunning 30 yard free kick in the 66th min which the keeper didn't even move for. Things were wrapped up in the 91st min when Sean Fitzharris teed up Antonio Garcia who blasted his shot into the top corner.

League: Gloucester 1-1 Hampton & Richmond

Due to other teams dropping points we needed a win to go back to the top of the league (by 1 point). We were on course for that thanks to an Antonio Garcia header from a free kick in the 18th min but we were punished for not wrapping up the match when they equalised in the 84th min against the run of play.

League: Hampton & Richmond 4-0 Grays

Well wouldn't you know it, all goals came in the 1st half. James Forrest sent Sean Fitzharris through with a perfectly weighted through ball which Fitzharris cooly rolled into the bottom corner. The 2nd came just 2 mins later this time Fitzharris returned the favour to Forrest by drawing away the keeper before laying it off to James Forrest to slot into an empty net. James Forrest got his 2nd when Jabuti passed to him on the edge of the area where he swiveled past 2 defenders before rifling a shot past the keeper. James Forrest then beat his previous record of a 30 min hat trick by scoring 3 within 18 mins this time. Another great strike from the edge of the area, the keeper got nowhere near it. Job Done.

League Table

Player of the Month - Luke Webb - scored a goal this month but also get a few assists and overall some really good performances.

unlucky with losing top spot but theres still a long way to go and you can esy take it back

i would but being in the north east no one wants to come play me at home, only sides in leagues below me would result in me making a loss, so i go for away games only which brings in decent income the game is lacking the realistic waythe north east clubs do friendlies and thats with an XI as sunderland newcastle and boro play games against non league sides every season but the main team is playing challenging games, the ressies would be little use to bring in the punters. so they send a Sunderland XI or newcastle XI...etc. as this consists of a mix for the first team players who arent with the 1st team and the yougsters who are in the ressies.

Fair enough acidmonkey. :thup:

Sorry to hijack your thread there hrbfcrule! :D

I promise not to mention the 3-0..... ooops! :p

Who scored for the Saints if you don't mind me asking?

Here is the match overview and St Albans ratings

Know any of the scorers?

Lots of changes to the squad there. That's one thing I don't like about FM when clubs are left to the AI managers. Blue Square South clubs don't seem to renew contracts and then they sign up any number of players so the squads look totally different after season one.

Peter Smith was one of the scorers and he is currently at the club. A great little player as well, usually a fullback, but playing wide left by the looks of things in that screenshot.

Thanks for posting that up. :thup:

Lots of changes to the squad there. That's one thing I don't like about FM when clubs are left to the AI managers. Blue Square South clubs don't seem to renew contracts and then they sign up any number of players so the squads look totally different after season one.

Peter Smith was one of the scorers and he is currently at the club. A great little player as well, usually a fullback, but playing wide left by the looks of things in that screenshot.

Thanks for posting that up. :thup:

Yer very true I counted around 278 incoming transfers in the 2009/10 season in the BSS. Between 22 teams that is 12.6/team. There have already been 195 incoming transfers (8.9/team) this season and its only December.

St Albans themselves had 12 in, 0 out in 2009/10 and 17 in, 21 out in 2010/11

December 2010

League: Weymouth 1-2 Hampton & Richmond

We went 1 nil down very early on but managed to pull it back to 1-1 4 mins later. James Forrest tapped in from close range after a through ball by Antonio Garcia. We then took the lead just before half time when Sean Fitzharris scored after he was found unmarked in the box. No more goals in the second half, this win took us to 1st.

FA Trophy 1st Round: Hampton & Richmond 2-1 Salisbury

We took the lead from a powerful Antonio Garcia header from 10 yards out after some poor defending by them. They managed to equalise just before half time with their 1st shot of the match. It looked like it was going to stay 1-1 but late drama ensued, James Keatings tryed a speculative effort from 35 yards in the 92nd min which wrong footed the keeper and went in.

League: Lewes 2-1 Hampton & Richmond

A poor display, don't understand how we played this bad after a good performance against Salisbury. They took the lead after 15 mins but just after half time Antonio Garcia equalised with a shot from just outside the area. This time the late goal was against us, in the 84th min they scored the winner. Somehow we remained 1st but only on goal difference.

League: Hampton & Richmond 2-0 Basingstoke

Our topsy turvy form changed again, for the better. Jay Sztybel scoring a curling effort from inside the area after just 4 mins. James Forrest doubled our lead after 29 mins when he shot from just outside the area. We didn't score anymore goals but we really should have done. We dropped to 2nd after Dover won 4-1 to overtake us on gd.

League: Bromley 2-2 Hampton & Richmond

Again we failed to impress their 1st goal may have been a blessing in disguise as it pushed us to play better. We equalised 9 mins later when, for some reason, Guney Ozcan (DC) was running into the box with the ball at his feet. He shot past the keeper with ease. . . . natural striker :D. We then took the lead when a corner was whipped in and another defender, Tom Parsons nodded home to make it 2-1. We couldn't hold onto the lead though and conceded in the 84th min, dropping another 2 points.

League Table - Very close just 1 point separating the top 5 teams at the half way stage

Player of the Month - Antonio Garcia - a couple of goals and 5 good all round performances

Also got my 1st job offer - Darlington are 20th in BSP

Archived