Official Korea DPR World Cup thread

Puevlo

• 2 weeks later...

In reponse to the FW listed as a GK

"He was a striker and now he's registered as a goalkeeper, He is really a goalkeeper but he's really fast, so we switched him to a striker … But this World Cup, he said he wanted to be a goalkeeper again." :cool: Korea DPR > *

The Danish newspapers are reporting that apparently 4 of their players are missing and mostly likely has used the WC to escape from the Korean regime! :D

Same reports here in Holland, but as a addition they report that those 4 were already missing before the Brazil game.

It wouldn't surprise me if any of them tried to flee. Realistically speaking, what are the chances of something nasty happening to them when they get back? I wouldn't like to score an own goal or something, that's for sure.

It wouldn't surprise me if any of them tried to flee. Realistically speaking, what are the chances of something nasty happening to them when they get back? I wouldn't like to score an own goal or something, that's for sure.

Worse consequences if you're Colombian.. :(

The chance of something nasty happening to them when they return are not large I think, even if they don't get a point, as long as they do the country and the dear leader proud (or is it the great leader who is in charge?), however if they flee their families will be put into labor camps where they will most likely die from starvation, beating, execution or some other things.

• 2 weeks later...

FC Wil have signed another North Korean, they already had one who didn't make the squad and have now signed Cha Jong-Hyok on 27 June. He joins Kim Kuk-Jin at Wil, and looking at the NK squad there are actually more foreign based players than I thought, although of the 8, 3 (the two at Wil and Hong Yong-Jo at Rostov) are based outside of Japan.

I guess I was right to predict a few of their players may have earned places in Europe after the WC. 2 at FC Wil in Switzerland, one already plays in Russia, and Bochum have signed Jong Tae Se, so in 2011-12 they may have a player in the top flight of one of Europe's top countries (as Bochum are known as a yoyo team, a bit like Germany's West Brom).

Archived