D.Forbes FM10 Update Thread

Forbsie

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For cup and league standings you can check www.rsssf.com

For tranfers you can check http://www.footballtransfers.co.uk/ , http://www.transfermarkt.de/ , www.vi.nl (accurate) , http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_centre , http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm , http://www.voetbaltransfers.com/

I have no idea how accurate those sites are, though www.vi.nl (Dutch soccer magazine, well-informed) should be accurate.

i have played your database for a while now and it is perfect, i love that you don't have changed players CA and PA so much..

and just so you know Javier Hernández has signed with Man U and i wanna now if you are going changed is stats in the game?

Hey,

Good job so far. I think earlier on you said that you'd updated the Russian leagues, but you have still got FC Moscow in the prem. They got expelled to the amateur leagues at the end of the season due to financial problems, i think alania vladikavkaz got promoted aswell. hope this is of use to you.

A thing that could be changed in the next update: Ruud van Nistelrooy is no longer retired from internation football. Though he is not certain of being selected by Dutch coach Bert van Marwijk, Ruud van Nistelrooy has explicitly made clear that he wants to go to the World Cup in South Africa.

With the coming WC in mind, is there a way that you could force the game to use the real life national teams?

Like for example happens with the team_holland file that comes with the game?

Not wanting to give you more work Forbsie, but it could make your update even better! :)

Downloaded the update but as this is the frst time I've ever done so I'm not entirely sure as to what the next step is!

I've read tjrough this thread and the FAQ thread but still not having any luck, anyone able to give a rough step by step guide as to what to do.

Basically once the download is complete it sits as an rar file, but I don't have a clue what to do next or where to put it.

Cheers in advance

Paul

A .rar file is a compressed file, just the same as a .zip file for example.

You should first unzip it, with a program like Winrar, or 7zip. (Winzip can also unzip programs, but I am not sure if it can handle .rar files)

After unzipping it you see a .dbc or .xml file.

This file should be put in C:\Users\...\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data

After that you load a new game, with the 10.3 database, tick change, choose this file and continue.

Now you can select the leagues you want.

After creating your game, all the changes of the Forbsie Update are in your game.

Good luck.

A .rar file is a compressed file, just the same as a .zip file for example.

You should first unzip it, with a program like Winrar, or 7zip. (Winzip can also unzip programs, but I am not sure if it can handle .rar files)

After unzipping it you see a .dbc or .xml file.

This file should be put in C:\Users\...\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data

After that you load a new game, with the 10.3 database, tick change, choose this file and continue.

Now you can select the leagues you want.

After creating your game, all the changes of the Forbsie Update are in your game.

Good luck.

Thanks, I'll get onto ths now.

I have the file now as a .xml file.

One quick question though, I've went into Programme files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010.

Is t then tools, editor and then data? where you come to a folder wth Basic Comps, Format, menu's in there etc?

As following the path you had mentioned I don't have it that way.

Thanks n advance again.

EDIT - Sorted, cheers for the help!

i am removing all loan deals that end may/june /july 2010

is there somewhere in editor that lets u searcg for all the loans at onces or do you have to go through all the clubs and teams and players to see if they are on loan

Thanks, I'll get onto ths now.

Can someone help me out. I am unable to get the changes applied. I am doing what is required.

- Extracted file in 'editor Data' folder

- Started new game and selected the .xml file

Help

Thanks in advance

Tranmere

Manager Les Parry has proposed new deals to Craig Curran, John Welsh, Zoumana Bakayogo, Ryan Fraughan and Marlon Broomes, as well as offering a first professional contract to youth scholar Jack Mackreth.

Bas Savage, Chris Shuker, Gareth Edds, Charlie Barnett, Josh Macauley and Kithson Bain have not been offered new contracts and are available to sign for other clubs, while long term loanees Luke Daniels, Shaleum Logan and Chris McCready have returned to West Bromwich Albion, Manchester City and Northampton Town respectively

Archived