20 Jahre ist genug! The official Deutschland thread

Orzelek

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Khedira has a minor injury. I am quite sure that he will play.

Possible candidates for the right wing (as Müller is banned) are Cacau, Kroos and Trochowski. I would like to see Cacau there but it will be Trochowski especially as Cacau was injured for a couple of days and is still not totally fit.

Doesn't play Trochowski more often at that position then the others??

I'd be betting on Trochowski to start tbh, he was the one who has been subbed in previously

Yes, for sure. Could be different if Cacau was fit. Kroos doesn't fit into the current system and tactics as winger so it will be Trochowski.

Doesn't play Trochowski more often at that position then the others??

Well, Kroos played last season very often as left winger and Trochowski prefers the left wing either. Nevertheless Kroos is not pacey enough for Löw's counter tactics. Trochowski is most of the time not precise enough so I would like to see Cacau because he is able to score which is one of Müller's main strengths as well. Cacau plays normally as deep lying striker but he should be able to play on the right wing. BTW Müller plays often as deep lying striker for Bayern Munich.

Marin would be an alternative but he hasn't done well during the WC so far + he really good when he comes from the bench...

According to this poll on Bild: http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball-wm-2010-suedafrika/2010/07/05/deutsch/loew-erklaert/die-taktik-fuer-den-wm-titel.html

60% of the Germans think HOLLAND will become World Champions. Wondering why ;)

Hahaha, yes, we ****ed their opinion poll, cause you could vote several times.

Btw, for all the Germans here. How can it be you guys ALWAYS are so freaking good at EC's and WC's, its unbelievable, players like Klose and Podolski who totally suck with their teams are always in great form in die mannschaft, how can that be? If you play ugly football, you guys win, if you play defensive, you guys win, if you play good and attractive you also win, i have no words for it.

Hahaha, yes, we ****ed their opinion poll, cause you could vote several times.

Btw, for all the Germans here. How can it be you guys ALWAYS are so freaking good at EC's and WC's

It's our tactics.
die mannschaft
Lol, I didn't even know we're being called that.

Btw, for all the Germans here. How can it be you guys ALWAYS are so freaking good at EC's and WC's, its unbelievable, players like Klose and Podolski who totally suck with their teams are always in great form in die mannschaft, how can that be? If you play ugly football, you guys win, if you play defensive, you guys win, if you play good and attractive you also win, i have no words for it.

The DFB has written quite a few stories of failure in the EC actually. But that is three successive World Cup semis in a row now again. For a start, there is meticulous planning involved. It doest start with little things, like the DFB holding an open training session right after arrival to win over the people - compare that to the press conference antics of say, the FA. In that vein, the team also appears the fittest of the bunch for good reason, and this time the winter break of the Bundesliga is no excuse for anyone as it barely lasted three weeks this year, and Bayern and Bremen players have played as many a game as any other player in the tournament. Clearly there is something else to this, like a coaching staff that knows how to get those players fit, even Miroslav Klose, a player that despite not doing much for Bayern is seen by Löw to still have the ability to do it all for Germany, given he is match-fit. According to Klose himself, he lost 5 kilogramms during WC preparation. Says it all, really.

Media exposure of the Bundesliga clubs as well as general interest is still somewhat lacking. As such, the individual skill of some players tends to be underestimated frequently in some way or other. There is a bit of a history with that, isn't it? Never write off the Germans, surely this time they can't be that great, have you ever heard about this player? What people occasionally saw was Schweinsteiger orchestrating a Bayern side going to the CL final, perhaps - the number of people who saw

was perhaps considerably less. And Marin is only on the bench... ditto Kroos, scoring nine goals and assisting 12 at the age of 20 already. What about Özil's spell of splendidness in Bremen's Bundesliga campaign? The DFB has a huge advantage from start: There are close to 7 million people actively involved, try to find a football federation or any other sporting federation dedicated to a single sports for that matter to match that. Based on that, Germany doing consistently well is not that much of a surprise. What is being witnessed now in both individual quality as well as team tactics is the result of a complete overhaul after decades of complacement and stalwart mentality though. But the planning and preparation are as big of a part as anything in this, if you ask me. For me these are also amongst the main reasons why African teams fail so frequently.

The DFB has written quite a few stories of failure in the EC actually. But that is three successive World Cup semis in a row now again. For a start, there is meticulous planning involved. It doest start with little things, like the DFB holding an open training session right after arrival to win over the people - compare that to the press conference antics of say, the FA. In that vein, the team also appears the fittest of the bunch for good reason, and this time the winter break of the Bundesliga is no excuse for anyone as it barely lasted three weeks this year, and Bayern and Bremen players have played as many a game as any other player in the tournament. Clearly there is something else to this, like a coaching staff that knows how to get those players fit, even Miroslav Klose, a player that despite not doing much for Bayern is seen by Löw to still have the ability to do it all for Germany, given he is match-fit. According to Klose himself, he lost 5 kilogramms during WC preparation. Says it all, really.

Media exposure of the Bundesliga clubs as well as general interest is still somewhat lacking. As such, the individual skill of some players tends to be underestimated frequently in some way or other. There is a bit of a history with that, isn't it? Never write off the Germans, surely this time they can't be that great, have you ever heard about this player? What people occasionally saw was Schweinsteiger orchestrating a Bayern side going to the CL final, perhaps - the number of people who saw

was perhaps considerably less. And Marin is only on the bench... ditto Kroos, scoring nine goals and assisting 12 at the age of 20 already. What about Özil's spell of splendidness in Bremen's Bundesliga campaign? The DFB has a huge advantage from start: There are close to 7 million people actively involved, try to find a football federation or any other sporting federation dedicated to a single sports for that matter to match that. Based on that, Germany doing consistently well is not that much of a surprise. What is being witnessed now in both individual quality as well as team tactics is the result of a complete overhaul after decades of complacement and stalwart mentality though. But the planning and preparation are as big of a part as anything in this, if you ask me. For me these are also amongst the main reasons why African teams fail so frequently.

About the last; yes indead, Afrian teams also somehow have the need to change from coach when the have qualified, get a 'big name' orso. But ok, going a bit off the subject here.

Thanks for youre post, makes thing much more clear to me :). But do you have any idea that how the **** is it possible that in 2010 only the Germans have found this way of preparing for EC's en WC's? Thats strange imo, other country's must be able to see this and copy it, would be stupid not to. Other thing that always plays a role imo is that you guys, and correct me if i'm wrong, always are very focussed from match to match. We (Holland) are always like; 'Ohh, whahaha, :D we have to play .... (for example Uruguay now) ... noway we will loose this! Mwa, we can think about the next round in fact (final in this situation)'. I believe the Germans take on every match by itself and stay very focussed, even if they have a weaker opponent.

Other few things I wonder about; if you guys have a good preporation, how come you usually (always) suck during the friendlies before a big tournement? I can remember in 2006 you lost from Japan for example, but just 1.5 week later when the WC started you were there, and made it to the semi's. I find that kinda impressing, its like they save powers and concentration for the real times when it matters and than just peak at the exact right moment.

Last; How do the Germans feel about the Dutch? You guys fear us like we do you? I always thought that (and correct me again if i'm wrong) the Germans kinda looked down on us like we do on the Belgiums, like 'Mwa, their good yeah but we will beat them for sure'. Here in Holland we always had a hugeeee hate again Germans when it came to football (I think mainly because of all the defeats of the past, and WO2 will also play part in the origin of this hate). Though that is way decreasing now, all the hosts of TV-shows are now full of well I'd almost say love for the you guys :D. Its like, god their good, god they play nice football etc etc. They also like the Bayern players because of LVG, and the mixture of young and multicultural talented players like Ozil, Khedira, Marin and Boateng. I am, sorry to say, still a bit in the hate-stage, I love going to Germany especially the south, I love German people, usually very friendly and open, I'd kill for a German meal, you guys have like such freaking good food. But when it comes to sport I just can't wait for you guys to be eliminated, think it also a bit of jalousy, but just can't help it :o.

Leandro, I think most Germans are also getting over the hate. It's become more of a healthy rivalry with all the fun that belongs to it. Take this song by Götz Widmann (totally unknown in the Netherlands) I think it's very funny:

Nicht weit von uns im Westen, da liegt ein kleines Land,

das ich immer, wenn ich da war, ziemlich überzeugend fand.

Ein Land mit alten Windmühlen und netten kleinen Städten,

mit Bami, Vla, Frikandeln und fritierten Fleischkroketten.

In Edam gibts den Käse und in Amsterdam die Grachten,

ich steh auf Fraun in Holzschuhen und blauweißroten Trachten,

ich komme gern zum Baden und ich bleib auch gern zum Zelten,

ja sie sind tolle Nachbarn, und doch trennen uns Welten.

Ich liebe Superskunk und ich liebe Sauce special.

Aber eine Sache gibts, da bin ich meganational.

Es kam über die Jahre und jetzt sitzt es ziemlich fest.

Solangs um Fußball geht, hasse ich Holland wie die Pest.

Grad bei wichtigen Turniern sollt man sich nicht dafür geniern.

Was kann schlimmeres passiern, als daß wir gegen die verliern?

Beide ham wir unsern Rudi, wir ham ihren nie bespuckt,

ein guter Deutscher denkt europäisch, außer, wenn er kicken kuckt.

Ich weiß, du bist da schlauer, du bist nicht so ein Prolet,

immer locker, selbst wenns eins null für die Niederlande steht.

Wer sich aufregt wegen Fußball, ist ein armer Idiot.

Fick dich selbst, wenn ich Oranje sehe, seh ich nun mal rot.

So many people I know will be supporting Spain mainly because they have all the big names that they had heard of before the cup started. I dont think Spain has been playing well and if they dont improve tomorrow they dont deserve the final. On paper Spain has the best team in the tournament. But England had about the next best team on paper in the tournament so that says it all really. Hope you get to perform to your best tomorrow :)

Last; How do the Germans feel about the Dutch?
I can only speak for myself but I have a lot of respect for you both on and off the pitch.

In terms of football I especially admire the way the dutch clubs rebuild their teams and refill them with young players after their stars get bought by bigger clubs each season. I think you guys have an amazing amount of talents and I always wonder how you do that. I reckoned your national team to be a strong contender for the title even before the WC started.

The rivalry towards the Netherlands isn't as strong as it has been, there really is no hate involved. This may be due to the fact that there are 'bigger' opponents for us - this isn't meant to sound downlooking, but when was the last time we met in an important match? We have deep respect for your national team and we know it would be a tough competition with you, should we both (fail to) advance to the final.

Off the pitch there are no hard feelings involved at all. I like to spend my holidays in the Netherlands and all people I met there were utterly friendly.

Well, as a Dutchie, I must admit that Germany have been outstanding and for me have been the best and most attractive team.

I hope they beat Spain tomorrow... after extra time ... with penalties.... gruelsome weather... 13 yellow cards... and 2 red cards ;)

I can only speak for myself but I have a lot of respect for you both on and off the pitch.

In terms of football I especially admire the way the dutch clubs rebuild their teams and refill them with young players after their stars get bought by bigger clubs each season. I think you guys have an amazing amount of talents and I always wonder how you do that. I reckoned your national team to be a strong contender for the title even before the WC started.

The rivalry towards the Netherlands isn't as strong as it has been, there really is no hate involved. This may be due to the fact that there are 'bigger' opponents for us - this isn't meant to sound downlooking, but when was the last time we met in an important match? We have deep respect for your national team and we know it would be a tough competition with you, should we both (fail to) advance to the final.

Off the pitch there are no hard feelings involved at all. I like to spend my holidays in the Netherlands and all people I met there were utterly friendly.

Nice words mate :thup:. Were are in the finals now, I hope you guys get there too. Its kinda weird maybe cause I fear Germany so freaking badly, its like only listen to youre line-up and I already **** my pants. And youre are not that world-class, I mean on paper the Spanish are better, but Germans are well ... kinda unbeatable, but if we want to beat you guys we need to do it now. I wish you the best tommorow and hope to see Germany in the final, may the best win, well ... may Holland win, you will always be better I think.

Leandro, I think most Germans are also getting over the hate. It's become more of a healthy rivalry with all the fun that belongs to it. Take this song by Götz Widmann (totally unknown in the Netherlands) I think it's very funny:

Hahaha :D:D:D, i am listen to it now on YT, verry funny.

The only real German singer I knew (except for that little strange chick that won the Eurovision for you this year, and ofc TH, and also Wir Sind Helden, hmmm i know more Germans artists than I though, ohhh Reamon - Supergirl, also sick song, love it) ... welll Reinhard Mey, you know him? He is German, this song from him;

Als de dag van toen (wie der tag von den [or something like that]) but love him, he's geat.

The new, younger generation don't have all the hate anymore like there was during the '88/'90.

Most (if not all Dutchies) I know respect the Germans (and German sports teams) and we only have a healthy, sportive based rivalry.

Most (if not all Dutchies) I know respect the Germans (and German sports teams) and we only have a healthy, sportive based rivalry.

That will be different if we see us at the final and we win in a classical German manner! 8-)

well, i thought u were the most entertaining side in the world cup and i am sad to not see you in the final. i thought the spanish were the better team tonight but i think you can be very proud of what you did.

also, müller should have deserved to fight for a final spot and not be banned for that ridiculous yellow.

I'm still heart broken that we're not in the final. All in all, I feel that we deserved to be in the final. We were one of, if not, the best team in the tournament. We played some of the most beautiful counter-attacking football I've ever seen and it's a real shame for football lovers that we're not in the final. Germany vs Holland would've been so good. Oh well, congratulations to Spain. I don't think they've been great or even deserve a place in the final, but, what can you do? That's what happens when you get put into the easiest group of the WC and avoid facing any decent teams untill the semi-final... Once again, we've shown the world that we can't handle the pressure in the big games. Are we ever going to win something? I hope so. I'm so tired of coming so close only to have it snatched away from us at the very end. :(

I haven't seen the match last night, so I can't really tell who was the most deserving team on the night, but I for one am very sorry Germany hasn't made it into the final. Not just because a Holland - Germany final would have been fab, but mainly because as far as I'm concerned Germany has been the most entertaining side by far this World Cup. :thup:

All in all, I feel that we deserved to be in the final. We were one of, if not, the best team in the tournament. We played some of the most beautiful counter-attacking football I've ever seen and it's a real shame for football lovers that we're not in the final.

In short, this. Spot on.

I'm still heart broken that we're not in the final. All in all, I feel that we deserved to be in the final. We were one of, if not, the best team in the tournament. We played some of the most beautiful counter-attacking football I've ever seen and it's a real shame for football lovers that we're not in the final. Germany vs Holland would've been so good. Oh well, congratulations to Spain. I don't think they've been great or even deserve a place in the final, but, what can you do? That's what happens when you get put into the easiest group of the WC and avoid facing any decent teams untill the semi-final... Once again, we've shown the world that we can't handle the pressure in the big games. Are we ever going to win something? I hope so. I'm so tired of coming so close only to have it snatched away from us at the very end. :(

Lol, its kinda well strange for me to hear a German say this. Guess how I'm going to feel sunday eve after three world cup finals being lost, Brazil in 1998 kicking us out, Italy in 2000, Portugal in 2004, Portugal in 2006, and Russia in 2008 :(

For me as a Dutch I am glad we are not in the final against Germany, youre way smarter than we are, another lost WC finale from our German-friends and you can kick me into a clinic for christ sake.

Germany played some nice football this tournament and even I have to see I kinda liked watching you play, it was nice attractive football. But was it really the quality of Germany? Or maily the failure of the opponents you had? Both England and Argentine sucked. Spain was just better yesterday, the only thing die mannschaft could do was defend. I totally understand you feel ****ed up, been there many times like I said, and sunday evening again. But believe me this Germany is going to win at last one EC or WC in the comming eight years, maybe both. This is golden generation of German players, no doubt. For Germany its just a matter of time. We Dutch though will probably never win a WC.

Gutted :(

Deserved out though. Germany were outplayed.

This is the first time where I found Löw lacking. He should have changed something after the first half, because it was clear Spain were never going to give up possession this way. Bringing on Gomez is beyond a joke now. I feel for example Marin would have been able to put pressure on the likes of Ramos, who was playing near the German box all night long, whereas he should be pushed back.

that's why jansen was brought on after 50 minutes, to push ramos back, which he did. löw had the choice of either boateng or jansen from the start but he chose the more defensive option which against spain you can't really argue too much against. he reacted quite early I thought.

I understand that they wanted to fill the midfield but most of the time trochowski, and then kroos, were too narrow. I think if cacau was fit he would've been a much better option to replace müller.

obviously there's no sense in bringing mario gomez on. can't argue with that.

i think germany have a really bright future with the likes of özi,l müller, khedira, neuer (schweinsteiger also has one wc left). maybe someone needs to replace the forward and centre backs in time though. what are the prospects in these positions?

think centre back is ok, there's already badstuber, boateng, tasci. then people like hummels, höwedes...

strikers i'm not sure. gomez is useless of course, kießling hasn't had much of a chance yet, helmes?

actually those two are 26 already, there must be some younger options.

maybe someone needs to replace the forward and centre backs in time though. what are the prospects in these positions?

For centrebacks we've got players like Tasci, Badstuber and Mats Hummels all making a name for themselves. They're all quite young and are showing good potential. The stirkers is a bit of a problem area I think though. As far as I can see at the moment, we don't really have anyone that can fill Klose's boots (granted that they're pretty big boots to fill). I mean, Kurayni and Gomez are powerfull strikers, but I really don't think either of them are anywhere near Miro's standard. Kießling and Müller probably wouldn't serve well as a lone frontman, but they'd be pretty good advanced forwards. What ever happened to Helmes? I'm sure he was a pretty good goal scorer a few years ago.

Even if Germany eventually entered EURO 2008 as favourites for many bookies and got to the final - "This German team has a bright future" is a sentence that sounds strangely familiar, isn' it. I drank myself into oblivion last night. No matter how good or bad or anything a team Germany will have by 2014, this was opportunity not taken. After thrashing both England and Argentina, and performances like this, momentum was all on Germany's side. There is no way it will get any more easy from here on.

Now it's the Netherlands playing like Germany in a final against the opponent that Germany played in 2008, and Germany playing like the Netherlands coming short of the final rounds. Ironic, isn't it? :D But then, going down on the last few hurdles is German tradition, if Germany had the track record of Brazil at the later stages they'd be the undisputed ruler of this competition. Third successive semis in a row, an all-time record of three successive WC finals between 1982 and 1990, always going to the quarters at the least... impressive on the outside. But **** THIS HURTS.

Go Oranje.

i think germany have a really bright future with the likes of özi,l müller, khedira, neuer (schweinsteiger also has one wc left). maybe someone needs to replace the forward and centre backs in time though. what are the prospects in these positions?

Well, Podolski is only 25 so he still has plenty of good years in him. Besides that Kiessling is also quite young. And hey, Klose is only 32 so he'll get a WC more or even maybe 2 just to be the first one with 25 WC goals ;)

Even if Germany eventually entered EURO 2008 as favourites for many bookies and got to the final - "This German team has a bright future" is a sentence that sounds strangely familiar, isn' it. I drank myself into oblivion last night. No matter how good or bad or anything a team Germany will have by 2014, this was opportunity not taken. After thrashing both England and Argentina, and performances like this, momentum was all on Germany's side. There is no way it will get any more easy from here on.

Now it's the Netherlands playing like Germany in a final against the opponent that Germany played in 2008, and Germany playing like the Netherlands coming short of the final rounds. Ironic, isn't it? But then, going down on the last few hurdles is German tradition, if Germany had the track record of Brazil at the later stages they'd be the undisputed ruler of this competition. Third successive semis in a row, an all-time record of three successive WC finals between 1982 and 1990, always going to the quarters at the least... impressive on the outside. But **** THIS HURTS.

Go Oranje.

The disappoitment about that game was enormous, maybe the biggest letdown I've ever seen in football :(:thdn: I was so empty and disappointed that I went to bed right after the game (and normally I only go to bed before 1-2 o'clock if a)I'm really ill or b)after some days of binge drinking I pass out in a chair) and slept until 13.00 Thursday.

It's not the fact that they lost that hurts so much, but how they lost. I simply can't understand how they could go into the game like that. They just thrashed their biggest rivals 4-1 and won 4-0 over one of the favourites of the tournament. In this case they shouldn't even be afraid if they played against Pelé's 1970 Brazil. And Spain hadn't impressed at all in the tournament until then. So why so defensive? Why not continue the good attacking football Germany showed in their first 5 games? And it can't be just the fact that Müller wasn't there- the whole team seemed paralyzed :thdn: Personally I would've choose Kroos instead of Trochowski, but anyway the change shouldn't make such a difference! Spain played well and their victory was deserved, but I have the feeling that it wasn't Spain who won, but Germany who lost

Last WC when they also lost in the semis I had a completly different feeling. They lost after a great game against another great team. This time it was a bunch of cowards, who lost to a good team

Well, Podolski is only 25 so he still has plenty of good years in him. Besides that Kiessling is also quite young. And hey, Klose is only 32 so he'll get a WC more or even maybe 2 just to be the first one with 25 WC goals ;)

The disappoitment about that game was enormous, maybe the biggest letdown I've ever seen in football :(:thdn: I was so empty and disappointed that I went to bed right after the game (and normally I only go to bed before 1-2 o'clock if a)I'm really ill or b)after some days of binge drinking I pass out in a chair) and slept until 13.00 Thursday.

It's not the fact that they lost that hurts so much, but how they lost. I simply can't understand how they could go into the game like that. They just thrashed their biggest rivals 4-1 and won 4-0 over one of the favourites of the tournament. In this case they shouldn't even be afraid if they played against Pelé's 1970 Brazil. And Spain hadn't impressed at all in the tournament until then. So why so defensive? Why not continue the good attacking football Germany showed in their first 5 games? And it can't be just the fact that Müller wasn't there- the whole team seemed paralyzed :thdn: Personally I would've choose Kroos instead of Trochowski, but anyway the change shouldn't make such a difference! Spain played well and their victory was deserved, but I have the feeling that it wasn't Spain who won, but Germany who lost

Last WC when they also lost in the semis I had a completly different feeling. They lost after a great game against another great team. This time it was a bunch of cowards, who lost to a good team

You think they should go out and attack as they did previously? It's never easy to do that against Spain, for they are the side in possession of the ball, so how will you continue attacking football. Second, it means Spanish has more chances, so maybe they will win by bigger score. And in the two matches against Spain Germany lost both 0-1, the score itself says if the Germans were lucky, or Mueller were to participate, the result wouldn't be the same. Besides Germany was playing counterattacking football than attacking football.

Smashed his knee up didn't he?

I'm not really that sure what happened to him. I just remember he was banging goals in one season and then out of nowhere, he just stopped playing. He was on fire in 08/09 if I remember correctly.

As for Klose, there's no chance he'll play in the next WC at 36! His last international tournament will probably be at the Euro's and that's even if he gets picked for that. Another two seasons sitting on the bench won't do him any favours either. If he still wants to play for Germany he's going to have to find a new club who'll give him some playing time.

You think they should go out and attack as they did previously? It's never easy to do that against Spain, for they are the side in possession of the ball, so how will you continue attacking football. Second, it means Spanish has more chances, so maybe they will win by bigger score. And in the two matches against Spain Germany lost both 0-1, the score itself says if the Germans were lucky, or Mueller were to participate, the result wouldn't be the same. Besides Germany was playing counterattacking football than attacking football.

I know that Spain are a great team and not easy to play against, but Germany should/could've showed at least some attacking football and enthusiasm! It really seemed like they gave up before the game even started

I'm not really that sure what happened to him. I just remember he was banging goals in one season and then out of nowhere, he just stopped playing. He was on fire in 08/09 if I remember correctly.

He had a very good 08/09, but smashed his knee in April 09 or so and almost hasn't played since then

As for Klose, there's no chance he'll play in the next WC at 36! His last international tournament will probably be at the Euro's and that's even if he gets picked for that. Another two seasons sitting on the bench won't do him any favours either. If he still wants to play for Germany he's going to have to find a new club who'll give him some playing time.

Hence the ";)" smiley. IMO the best he can do now is to leave Bayern and move to a smaller club where he will be a starter- HSV surely wouldn't be a bad choice

And just to finish with something positive- although the disappointment against Spain was huge, Germany was still the best playing team for the 2nd WC in a row I think. The game against England was absolutely magic and the one aginst Argentina too. This team is still young and has loads of potential. Well 20 years without a WC win is a long time, but 24 is unacceptable so lets wait and see Özil & co win in 2014 then :)

Archived