The Brazil Thread

masteR+_+

Chinese for the win. :cool:

Kaká was the first player to present himself for Brazil's preparation stage in Curitiba, other players should arrive this Friday, and the Internazionale trio will only present after they play the European Champions League final this Saturday.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it certainly is, and the sooner he returns to Brazil, the sooner he can get proper treatment for his injuries, so for both Kaká and CBF/Dunga the fact he presented himself before due is good.

CBF are still trying to find opponents for Brazil in the pre-WC games.

But they don't want opponents deemed somewhat similar quality-wise to Brazil, such as South Africa, and they are sympathetic to the idea of playing outside South Africa (shame Zimbabwe almost certainly won't be an option here, I guess they are thinking of Angola).

But they don't want opponents deemed somewhat similar quality-wise to Brazil, such as South Africa,

Am I misreading this, or being stupid?

To me, that says they think South Africa are on a similar level to Brazil with regards to player quality. CBF can't surely think that. Brazil are infinitely better than South Africa.

Am I misreading this, or being stupid?

To me, that says they think South Africa are on a similar level to Brazil with regards to player quality. CBF can't surely think that. Brazil are infinitely better than South Africa.

You are misunderstanding the point of that comment (although that article may be a little misleading), what it implies is that South Africa are a team that can beat Brazil or at least offer some resistance (ex: the Conf Cup semis), hence being somewhat equivalent to it. Compare South Africa to some selection of lower league players, or Swaziland and the likes, those can't really beat Brazil.

Brazil want sparrings as opponents, not competitive teams (such as South Africa), so from this point of view the gap between Brazil and South Africa is too small for their purposes.

South Africa could play Brazil 10 times, and they wouldn't win a single game. I don't even think they would get a draw. I'm surprised at that mentality, because it is all based on the Confederations Cup. In which case, I think we all need to be avoiding USA in this World Cup, because they're potential winners.

South Africa are a perfect team for Brazil. You need a bit of competition before a tournament, and they will offer that, without ever beating them.

South Africa could play Brazil 10 times, and they wouldn't win a single game. I don't even think they would get a draw. I'm surprised at that mentality, because it is all based on the Confederations Cup. In which case, I think we all need to be avoiding USA in this World Cup, because they're potential winners.

South Africa are a perfect team for Brazil. You need a bit of competition before a tournament, and they will offer that, without ever beating them.

I doubt Brazil would beat them every time, probably 70 or 80% or even 90% of the times, but not always since Brazil couldn't beat at home teams like Bolivia and Venezuela who are more or less similar quality-wise to the South Africa (I would say slightly better than SA).

I agree though South Africa would be a good opponent, Brazil should play against both very weak teams (to improve fitness, morale, etc...) and against stronger ones too so the team gets the "feeling" of the tournament.

Brazil must be the only WC team that still haven't set any friendly for the WC, which is really bad planning.

For a nation like Brazil, who are expected to win these competitions, that is quite poor preparation. I would expect a team looking to win it to have a couple of friendlies lined up against specific opponents (to mimic those found in the group) well in advance.

For a nation like Brazil, who are expected to win these competitions, that is quite poor preparation. I would expect a team looking to win it to have a couple of friendlies lined up against specific opponents (to mimic those found in the group) well in advance.

Yes, Brazil should play friendlies against someone like South Korea and against someone like Angola or South Africa. The March friendly was a perfect opportunity for this kind of game, but CBF preferred to play against Ireland, probably due to the £££...

While Mexico, North Korea and even Germany have already started playing friendlies too (the fact they are lucky to have most of their players playing at home obviously help as they don't depend on the good will of foreign teams), Brazil only started the preparation today and still don't have all players (the ones from Internazionale haven't arrived yet for obvious reasons, for example)...

José Ilan isn't happy with the fact that neither journalists nor fans can follow what's going on with the Brazilian national team in the preparation in Curitiba.

Dunga is doing the complete opposite to what happened in 2006, when almost anyone could interfere with Brazil's training, apparently the first practice match will be this Sunday, hopefully the press will be allowed to follow it then.

José Ilan is right, by the way, that if it is to prevent Brazilians from following the training, then it's pointless to train in Brazil, any other place in the world would be just as good.

I think Brazil will do that only when they go to South Africa next week, as Brazil will stay in Johannesburg (around 1750 m, hardly that high though).

There is a small chance JC comes to Brazil first (not Curitiba) before going to South Africa, but it's confirmed the other two will not even do that... :thdn: :thdn:

As expected, stupid CBF/Dunga didn't allow fans to follow the team's training, and Dunga was rightfully insulted by the fans:

Dunga bundão libera o portão.

I really hope this team are eliminated in the group stage, so CBF is forced to do things right next time.

The fans were also yelling: :D

Argentina, Argentina, Argentina

Moronic behaviour by the fans.

Which is an appropriate response to moronic behavior by CBF, they start training in Brazil and don't let those who the players should be playing for (that is, the Brazilian fans) watch it. And then they will complain when the WC starts and many people end up hoping Brazil lose.

If it was to ignore fans, then they should have gone straight to South Africa and ignore the plastic fans Brazil have there.

Which is an appropriate response to moronic behavior by CBF, they start training in Brazil and don't let those who the players should be playing for (that is, the Brazilian fans) watch it. And then they will complain when the WC starts and many people end up hoping Brazil lose.

If it was to ignore fans, then they should have gone straight to South Africa and ignore the plastic fans Brazil have there.

I agree. They are just doing this because they're trying to make every single thing different from the last WC...

Kaká's boot with the message "Jesus in first place"... :thdn::rolleyes:

And this Sunday Dunga's players only had physical training.

Kaká is so dumb, I wonder if he spends 60 minutes of his life without thinking about Jesus or something.

Brazil has apparently confirmed it will play friendlies against Tanzania and Zimbabwe in preparation for the World Cup.

Kaká is so dumb, I wonder if he spends 60 minutes of his life without thinking about Jesus or something.

Or if he just pretends he loves Jesus, etc... and in reality is as "bad" as everyone else...

Brazil has apparently confirmed it will play friendlies against Tanzania and Zimbabwe in preparation for the World Cup.

Yes, probably on these dates:

June 2nd: Zimbabwe - as I wanted

June 7th: Tanzania

Two :cool: opponents. :)

Or if he just pretends he loves Jesus, etc... and in reality is as "bad" as everyone else...
I think he does actually love Jesus, but that alone doesn't make one a better person.
Yes, probably on these dates:

June 2nd: Zimbabwe - as I wanted

June 7th: Tanzania

Two :cool: opponents. :)

Indeed, but we could use a Portugal-esque weak European team in our preparation imo. :(

They are cool and should be good preparation for the game against the Côte d'Ivoire though :)

I think he does actually love Jesus, but that alone doesn't make one a better person.

I meant "bad" in the sense that who knows if in reality he doesn't have the same defects that his Church should help to prevent. But obviously I think he is, if anything, worse than say Ronaldinho or Robinho.

Regarding Zimbabwe, I hope Mugabe comes to the game. :D

How is Kaká worse than Ronaldinho? :confused: :eek:

Because it's worse to be a religious freak, and give money to a corrupt Church than just waste time going to night clubs and the likes?

I didn't mean 100% football-wise as well. I mean like, from his own point of view. Clubbing is usually bad for your career, while giving away money to corrupt churches isn't. I hope that makes sense. :D

Yes, from this point of view Kaká is better surely as he doesn't shoot himself (as in, his career) on the foot, but I would rather be a friend of Ronaldinho or Robinho (based on their "public images") than of Kaká.

Yes, from this point of view Kaká is better surely as he doesn't shoot himself (as in, his career) on the foot, but I would rather be a friend of Ronaldinho or Robinho (based on their "public images") than of Kaká.

Who doesn't want to be Robinho's friend? :D

That was most likely a honest mistake, I trust Ronaldo on this one. :)

There's no chance in hell he could mistake that for a woman, especially if you consider the high standard of women he is used to bed. :(

There's no chance in hell he could mistake that for a woman, especially if you consider the high standard of women he is used to bed.

Alcohol probably was a factor.

I hope it wasn't the only factor, otherwise I'll just be too scared to ever come close to a bottle of pinga again. :(

That was TOO weird though, I mean, you don't go blind when you're drunk, although you can commit some very stupid mistakes.

If Brazil win the World Cup, each player will be paid R$ 350,000 (around 150k Euros).

But probably CBF won't need to spend this money in the end.

In 2002 they received R$ 250,000 and in 2006 they would receive R$ 300,000.

Some of the comments in here don't reflect well on you guys. I have no idea what you have against people being religious.

The problem is not just being religious, but being extremely religious (religious freak), and giving money to the church that way.

The whole "Jesus this", "Jesus that" is also extremely annoying, no need for him to keep saying that every time, and to even have that on his boots.

The problem is not just being religious, but being extremely religious (religious freak), and giving money to the church that way.

The whole "Jesus this", "Jesus that" is also extremely annoying, no need for him to keep saying that every time, and to even have that on his boots.

Is what he is doing/saying really all that terrible? He is obviously a believer. He seems pretty comfortable with it.

Is what he is doing/saying really all that terrible? He is obviously a believer. He seems pretty comfortable with it.

It is terrible (although terrible is a very strong word for that, annoying is more appropriate), Lúcio is just as religious and we don't see him doing that all the time while Kaká is pretty much using his reputation to spread "Jesus", why can't he just become a priest or something?

Btw, I may have missed something. Wasn't Hernanes supposed to be in this squad? Is he hurt? What happened?

He should be, but Dunga doesn't like him (probably because he was in Brazil's team that flopped in the Olympics), it's Josué and Felipe Melo that are good. :rolleyes:

Well, part of being a Christian is to spread the word about it and he is in an incredible position to do that. Still, I do understand what you are saying. He isn't going to be a priest anytime soon, tho. :)

Regarding Hernanes, wow. Everything I had read about him leading up to the WC was that he would be the maestro. That this was a player that stayed in Brazil that would shine, etc. etc. And, Dunga doesnt even include him. Now, I understand the cartoon above.

Well, part of being a Christian is to spread the word about it and he is in an incredible position to do that. Still, I do understand what you are saying. He isn't going to be a priest anytime soon, tho. :)

Regarding Hernanes, wow. Everything I had read about him leading up to the WC was that he would be the maestro. That this was a player that stayed in Brazil that would shine, etc. etc. And, Dunga doesnt even include him. Now, I understand the cartoon above.

And other good Brazil-based players were left out like Neymar and Paulo Henrique from Santos, besides the absence of Ronaldinho (I think Dunga was right here, but the fact is that he is a popular player and you need popular players in the team if you want public support).

Regarding Hernanes, he is doing very well so far in 2010, scoring goals too, etc... and the fact he is a very complete player would make him a very valuable player for the national team even if he was a bench warmer.

And other good Brazil-based players were left out like Neymar and Paulo Henrique from Santos, besides the absence of Ronaldinho (I think Dunga was right here, but the fact is that he is a popular player and you need popular players in the team if you want public support).

Regarding Hernanes, he is doing very well so far in 2010, scoring goals too, etc... and the fact he is a very complete player would make him a very valuable player for the national team even if he was a bench warmer.

Neymar is another I don't understand. Wasn't there talk of him starting? Has he fallen out of form?

Neymar is another I don't understand. Wasn't there talk of him starting? Has he fallen out of form?

I think you are mixing up Neymar and Nilmar.

Nilmar scored something like 60 or 70% of Brazil's goals in the second semester of 2009, but Dunga prefers Robinho instead of him.

Neymar is Brazil's most promising player in the last 10 years or so, and is a player somewhat similar to Robinho, and is outshining Robinho at Santos.

And Kaká had the first physical training today, and again Dunga was insulted by fans as they were not allowed to watch the training.

They were chanting (this is the polite version):

Good bye Dunga, we don't need you

Besides the usual and more ordinary insults.

And of course they again yelled:

Argentina, Argentina

I think you are mixing up Neymar and Nilmar.

Nilmar scored something like 60 or 70% of Brazil's goals in the second semester of 2009, but Dunga prefers Robinho instead of him.

Neymar is Brazil's most promising player in the last 10 years or so, and is a player somewhat similar to Robinho, and is outshining Robinho at Santos.

Ah, you are right. Has Robinho played well for Santos?

Ah, you are right. Has Robinho played well for Santos?

Very so-so, which is very disappointing considering he is supposed to be one of the best Brazilian players.

Paulo Henrique and Neymar are both better than him at Santos.

In other news, Brazil's game against Tanzania on June 7th has been confirmed to take place in Dar es Salaam, the most important city in that country.

The game against Zimbabwe is going to take place on June 2nd or June 3rd, but CBF is still negotiating some details, like accommodation, etc...

I hope they manage to make the game take place in Harare, the capital and biggest city of Zimbabwe.

Archived