The Brazil Thread

masteR+_+

I am all for paulo henrique if it means no more elano/j.baptista/ramires.

I don't really see the need for neymar (although it seems like he's guaranteed to be there in the near future) though when you have robinho, luís fabiano, nilmar, adriano. would definitely prefer neymar to grafite though :D

would like to see marcelo/maxwell personally, probably biased about maxwell since his barca move though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brazil needs Grafite. ;o

Only if it's Grafite in the literal sense of the word (think of graffiti in English, grafite is the same word in Portuguese).

I am all for paulo henrique if it means no more elano/j.baptista/ramires.

Elano is useful for Brazil's style, and Ramires is his sub, while JB is used as Kaká's replacement, so if it was to replace anybody, it would have to be JB. I wouldn't mind though even though JB deserves his place in the squad.

I don't really see the need for neymar (although it seems like he's guaranteed to be there in the near future) though when you have robinho, luís fabiano, nilmar, adriano. would definitely prefer neymar to grafite though :D

Yes, the problem is that although we have some other options that are as good as those who are there like Neymar and Fred, it's very hard to remove any of them from the squad. Adriano's (who is ruining his own chances, as we know) replacement would be Grafite, so Neymar wouldn't fight for a spot with him even though Neymar is better than him, and both Robinho and Nilmar are firmly established in the squad.

would like to see marcelo/maxwell personally, probably biased about maxwell since his barca move though.

I don't really see anything special on Maxwell compared to other players of his position, he is not even a first teamer at his team (when no players are injured), but it's weird how he was never called up, apart from a Pre-Olympic tournament in 2004. But this is a fair price for being hidden abroad without having success here first. It must hurt him though that he played for big teams abroad and still barely get recognition here, it's not like say Filipe who plays for a team almost nobody here cares about nowadays (Deportivo).

Anyway, for left-backs I want Marcelo and Roberto Carlos.

It seems Dunga may call up tomorrow only the 23 players who will be in the WC squad, and wait to call up the 7 extra players later on tomorrow or at some point before June 1st.

Lots of rumors about the Brazilian squad that are going to be called up in a few mins, but the most reliable rumors suggest this squad:

JC, Victor, Gomes

Maicon, Daniel Alves

Lúcio, Juan, Luisão, Thiago Silva

Michel Bastos, Gilberto

Gilberto Silva, Felipe Melo, Josué

Kaká, Elano, Ramires, Júlio Baptista, Paulo Henrique

Luís Fabiano, Robinho, Nilmar, Adriano

Dunga is supposedly going to leave out Doni and Kléberson due to their lack of games this year, and have JC, Victor and Gomes as the goalies; and Paulo Henrique (a meia, whose U-20 WC experience would be the reason why he would be called up) replacing Kléberson (a defensive midfielder).

And Diego Tardelli as the 1st extra striker, not Grafite. Miranda also in the extra 7 list.

It will be interesting to check how much of the above rumor will be right compared to more conservative ideas about this.

They are explaining now how the squad and the press conference will work. I really there are a couple of Brazil-based surprises in the squad.

Júlio César

Gomes

Doni

Maicon

Daniel Alves

Juan

Lúcio

Luisão

Thiago Silva

Gilberto

Michel Bastos

Gilberto Silva

Felipe Melo

Josué

Kléberson

Elano

Ramires

Kaká

Júlio Baptista

Luís Fabiano

Nilmar

Robinho

Grafite

Grafite stole Adriano's place, well-done Adriano... :thdn:

But apart from that, the same boring team. I got 22 out of 23 players, only Adriano was wrong, although I mentioned many times on this thread that there was a good chance he would lose his place.

Only 3 Brazil-based players, no way will I support Brazil in the WC then.

No reserves?

They will be announced later on today.

I really hope this Brazil crash and burn in the WC, lots of players who did nothing to deserve a place in the final squad were still included like the ones mentioned by masteR+_+...

atleast Gomes got called up.

At the expense of Victor though, since Doni is the 2nd goalie. :thdn:

I am not surprised the rumors were completely wrong, as if Dunga would ever call up good players like Paulo Henrique, etc...

No Adriano :thdn:.

Adriano kind of deserved to lose his place as he barely trained this year due to personal issues and he didn't really impress much in 2010 so far (unlike Vágner Love, for example) although was brilliant in 2009. But if it was to remove him, Dunga shouldn't have called up Grafite to take his place. Grafite is an average player that plays for a joke team. Even Hulk would have been a better choice than him.

Love Brazil calling up other teams reserve players like Júlio Baptista and Doni.

Kléberson is a reserve as well at the moment, but as long as these players are fit, I don't really see much problem on that although it's better if they are playing. Of course the fact Doni is rubbish is a problem though.

Dunga is mentioning the lack of attitude, commitment and passion for the national team of some players as the reason why he didn't call up some players (that is, Adriano and Ronaldinho).

just don't get dunga at all. with all the players brazil have available there's no way he should be picking such limited players instead.

hope they go out in the first round.

With our luck, Brazil will probably win. But I hope Brazil lose quickly so all these players get ostracized...

They will be announced later on today.

I really hope this Brazil crash and burn in the WC, lots of players who did nothing to deserve a place in the final squad were still included like the ones mentioned by masteR+_+...

Thanks.

I hope they don't make it far so FM can have a summer holiday. Quite a relief that there won't be a lot of good talents, Kaká will probably pull the team through a few games though.

Thanks.

I hope they don't make it far so FM can have a summer holiday. Quite a relief that there won't be a lot of good talents, Kaká will probably pull the team through a few games though.

If he doesn't get injured in the first couple of games, or if he doesn't do a 1994 Raí, etc...

Ha, what a joke :mad:. Whenabouts are the reserves getting called out Paulo?

No specific time, but probably at night (here, not in Europe).

Right now Dunga is doing a Q&A, his first answer was quite good although a little jingoistic (although that's good for the Cup). He's now explaining why Adriano and Vitor were not called up.

He also defended his "coherent" attitude very well.

"O coracao fala uma coisa. A razao fala outra coisa."

just to support what Paulo said earlier.

I didn't want Ganso and Neymar in the seleção, but when I misread the "Ganso and Neymar are out" as "Ganso and Neymar are in" while reading a yahoo page in portuguese I felt very comfortable about it, even optimistic. Now I'm coping with this loss, but it seems normal. Weird is to have Grafite in the team.

My current face is :(

Hopefully I'll be like this :) though

Isn't it ridiculous how there is the same amount of "Brazilians" in the squad as in 2006 (that is, 3) even though the average quality of foreign-Brazilians has decreased a lot in these 4 years while the average quality of Brazil-based Brazilians has improved a lot? :thdn:

Now c'mon some injured players to help fix this squad. :mad:

By the way, at least one good thing can come of this joke of squad, as without the WC, Adriano's chances of staying at Flamengo increase a lot.

He was just asked what happens if Kaka is injured, does the team change or stay the same?

His answer was very realistic and atypical of Brazilian coaches in the 90s. He said "If anyone is unavailable the team changes by virtue of a different player coming in. We keep a similar system but there's no doubt it's different."

Dunga never disappoints.

Dunga never disappoints.

I can't imagine what kind of different answer he could have given, considering the players he chose in the squad.

I expect Brazil to use Daniel Alves as a first teamer when or if Kaká gets injured during the tournament.

Maybe someone can get a hold of Washington and tell him to pray for some injuries to this squad

Washington is too good for this Brazil. :(

Isn't it ridiculous how there is the same amount of "Brazilians" in the squad as in 2006 (that is, 3) even though the average quality of foreign-Brazilians has decreased a lot in these 4 years while the average quality of Brazil-based Brazilians has improved a lot? :thdn:

Yes, the league has improved a lot in recent years yet it's given the same credit by the NT manager as when it was in a much worse state. :(

Lots of average players called up just for the sake of it, lots of foreign based players in this squad are very replaceable by similar or better Brazil based ones...

Yes, the league has improved a lot in recent years yet it's given the same credit by the NT manager as when it was in a much worse state. :(

Lots of average players called up just for the sake of it, lots of foreign based players in this squad are very replaceable by similar or better Brazil based ones...

Júlio César

Gomes - Victor could take his place

Doni - Marcos, Bruno, Fábio, etc... could take his place

Maicon

Daniel Alves

Juan

Lúcio

Luisão - Miranda could take his place

Thiago Silva

Gilberto

Michel Bastos - Roberto Carlos could take his place

Gilberto Silva

Felipe Melo

Josué - Hernanes could take his place

Kléberson

Elano

Ramires

Kaká

Júlio Baptista - Paulo Henrique could take his place

Luís Fabiano

Nilmar

Robinho

Grafite - Adriano or if not him, someone like Fred (although a different kind of player) could take his place

Just the changes above and we would have 10 Brazil-based players and the squad would actually improve as well. And I didn't even include Pierre instead of Gilberto Silva, etc...

Stop trying to oust Gomes :mad:

He is a very good goalie, but Victor is just as good or better than him (and plays for a bigger team too), so Gomes is an easily replaceable goalie.

Archived