The Brazil Thread

masteR+_+

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah but he is a bit slow , hey PMLF how is that michel Bastos, i mean if I were Dunga Ill put Dani Alvez in the Left i mean he is such a great player maybe he dont like or dont play good in the left but at least a give him a try in the friendlys....

I read Julio Cesar is injured and had to be substituted?

Just some relatively small problem with his back, it doesn't seem to be anything serious.

Gomes ended up playing/watching most of the game though.

yeah but he is a bit slow , hey PMLF how is that michel Bastos, i mean if I were Dunga Ill put Dani Alvez in the Left i mean he is such a great player maybe he dont like or dont play good in the left but at least a give him a try in the friendlys....

Michel Bastos is good attacking (although for Brazil he is a bit shy on this tbf), but I think he shouldn't even have been included in the squad as Marcelo (despite his defensive faults) and Roberto Carlos are better than him, and I wouldn't place Daniel Alves in the left side, besides feeling uncomfortable there (he is willing to play anywhere in the WC though), I think he is more useful being used as a supersub, as Dunga does with him.

Mugabe handshaking the players:

1554269-3723-atm14.jpg

As I mentioned in other places, it doesn't bother me at all, he is a dictator, but he is not our dictator and hence is not our problem, and he doesn't do anything wrong against Brazil.

Brazil needed an opponent and he provided one, so for Brazil there was no issue at all.

Few alarms bells ringing for me Paulo - Kaka lacking fitness and Luis Fabiano looking out of sorts today

First game is against Korea DPR though, that really provides Brazil with another 90 minutes against a not so significant team.

I still believe though that Brazil will win it. Robinho for the golden boot too.

Few alarms bells ringing for me Paulo - Kaka lacking fitness and Luis Fabiano looking out of sorts today

First game is against Korea DPR though, that really provides Brazil with another 90 minutes against a not so significant team.

I still believe though that Brazil will win it. Robinho for the golden boot too.

There are still around 15 days for the games, so both Kaká and LF should improve a bit but probably won't reach 100%. Brazil should struggle against NK but still beat them in the end IMO.

I don't think Robinho will be the top goalscorer but no doubt he is in great position to be the team's best player.

And although Brazil can win the WC, I think there is too much averageness on the team for that to happen.

Brazil's next game is against Tanzania in Dar es Salaam next Monday (17:00, local time; 12:00, Brasília time), I wonder how much the Internazionale players + Felipe Melo + Kaká + Luís Fabiano will have improved by then. After that game Brazil have 8 more days before the game against North Korea.

Nice pic :D

Yes, I loved it too. :D

It sums up Kaká's 2010 version well too.

you know what kaka means in greek right?

:D

The same it means in most Western languages, I guess, including our own language (Portuguese but the spelling here is caca, without an accent mark). :D

Of course in Kaká's case (where the accent mark is used - Cacá in a standard spelling) it's a nickname for Ricardo, but the other meaning is funnier.

Not surprising but it seems the foreign press was very unimpressed with Brazil's performance, and Brazil's players said the game was harder than they anticipated but that this is just the start of the preparation.

Brazil don't need Ronaldinho, Brazil do need a replacement for Kaká when Kaká gets injured, but that one can be anyone, no need to be Ronaldinho. :thup:

Elano only won't start if he gets injured.

By the way, Michel Bastos had a knee injury scare today, but it seems it was nothing serious. Shame, as if he was cut from the team, Marcelo would be called up, and Gilberto would probably be promoted to the first team.

According to Lance!, Dunga's style is not liked by many members of the national team staff.

They say Dunga is narrow-minded, authoritarian, thinks he is always right which makes the national team environment unbearable. Some of them supposedly are eager for the end of the WC so they can talk to their wives/girlfriends again.

They say they are getting nervous with all the effort they have to make to send the message of commitment Dunga wants.

If the above is true, then Brazil is bound to fail as there other problems such as the poor condition of several players (and the old age of the squad), the lack of good options in the bench (Daniel Alves aside), and Dunga's lack of imagination.

I think the article refers more to staff members than to the players, although the players must be feeling the same to some extent (assuming the article is not making those things up).

Yes, it will be Maicon, Daniel Alves is the 12th player.

And Luís Fabiano is obviously the first teamer, as the other option for his position is Grafite.

It's been confirmed that Hungarian Viktor Kassai is going to be the ref in Brazil's debut vs North Korea.

Brazilian Carlos Eugênio Simon will be the ref in England vs USA, I think it's safe to say now that England is going to win the game...

As Brazilian sports newspaper Lance! showed today, Kaká hasn't scored for Brazil in about a year, or 11 games, or 838 minutes. :thdn:

Last time was on June 15th 2009, in the Confederations Cup, a penalty against Egypt. After that match Brazil played against superpowers such as the USA (twice), South Africa, Estonia, Venezuela, Oman, Ireland and Zimbabwe, but Kaká couldn't score against any of them.

Of course football is more than just scoring and Kaká is not like say Luís Fabiano or even Robinho, who are more expected to score, but that's still an embarrassing record for him.

Guest roberto922
How do you leave out Ronaldinho, ffs.

Probably his last world cup too. Dunga is a ****!

Because he's not good enough? :confused:

A better question would be how he could leave Hernanes out

Ronaldinho better than and always will be better than Kaka...even if he is 300 pounds. Kaka has been horrible for Real, and I wouldnt be too surprised if he has a shocking tournament.

Milan are not the most mobile team, so this has somewhat limited Ronaldinho's overall performances. Sometimes I've watched them play and he is head and shoulders over every one of their players....he seems to be on a totally different level.

Dunga has ****ed up on this one. A bit like 2008 and McClaren with Beckham.

Fwiw, how can the likes of Baptista (who is dreadful) and Elano (questionable) be 'good enough'?

Gilberto Silva...ffs :D

First, forget club games, they don't mean anything regarding the Brazilian national team.

How many matches of Ronaldinho for Dunga's Brazil have you watched?

Because he played many times and looked poor in pretty much all of them.

Kaká is not brilliant, far from that nowadays, but at least he gets the job done, as does Elano too. And Júlio Baptista is a supersub and whenever Dunga needed him, he did his job.

Gilberto Silva is a defensive midfielder, so there is no competition between Ronaldinho and him for a spot. Besides, he is a player the team needed, he may be slow and decadent but he is doing a good job, and being tall, he is useful in corner kicks as well.

Dunga's selection of players is full of mistakes, but Ronaldinho, as like Diego too, unfortunately (or not) could never live up to the hype, and this is why Dunga is right in leaving them out of the team.

By the way, Júlio César won't play the game vs Tanzania, so Gomes will start.

There is no danger of Bastos missing the first game through injury is there?

That injury scare was just that, a scare, so he should play against North Korea.

Probable line-ups in Tanzania vs Brazil tomorrow (17:00 Dar es Salaam time, 12:00 Brasília time):

Tanzânia: Mohammed Mwarami; Shadrack Nsajigwa, Stephen Mwasyika, Haroub Nadir e Kevin Yondan; Mrisho Ngassa, Henry Joseph, Kherson Tegete, Danny Mrwanda e Nizar Khalfan (Abid Kassim); Kigi Makasi (Moussa Hassan).

Técnico: Márcio Máximo.

Brasil: Gomes; Maicon, Lúcio, Juan e Michel Bastos; Gilberto Silva, Felipe Melo, Elano e Kaká; Robinho e Luís Fabiano.

Técnico: Dunga.

This is Brazil's last game before the debut against North Korea.

It's certain he is leaving after the WC, and he has confirmed that himself.

I have no idea who CBF (the Brazilian national FA) will hire, but an experienced manager would be logical, maybe someone like Mano Menezes (who is doing a good job with Corinthians). If not him, then Muricy Ramalho who won 3 Brazilian League titles and is now doing a good job with Fluminense.

But CBF is too crazy and stupid, so it's very hard to predict who they will hire.

Felipão has zero chances, it's more likely he manages Palmeiras after the WC (during the WC he will be commenting for a South African TV channel).

Guest roberto922

Why? Is he not liked in Brazil? I thought he was considered one of the best, and won you the WC

He is liked and he has a great reputation, but he doesn't look too interested at the moment in managing Brazil.

I also don't think CBF will repeat the mistake they made with Parreira, when they hired a manager that had managed Brazil before (and won a WC) and that manager turned out to be a fiasco.

First, forget club games, they don't mean anything regarding the Brazilian national team.

How many matches of Ronaldinho for Dunga's Brazil have you watched?

Because he played many times and looked poor in pretty much all of them.

Kaká is not brilliant, far from that nowadays, but at least he gets the job done, as does Elano too. And Júlio Baptista is a supersub and whenever Dunga needed him, he did his job.

Gilberto Silva is a defensive midfielder, so there is no competition between Ronaldinho and him for a spot. Besides, he is a player the team needed, he may be slow and decadent but he is doing a good job, and being tall, he is useful in corner kicks as well.

Dunga's selection of players is full of mistakes, but Ronaldinho, as like Diego too, unfortunately (or not) could never live up to the hype, and this is why Dunga is right in leaving them out of the team.

By the way, Júlio César won't play the game vs Tanzania, so Gomes will start.

That injury scare was just that, a scare, so he should play against North Korea.

So who is the back up for kaka in his position? Baptista?

Do you genuinely believe your team has any match winners (besides a crippled kaka)?

As much as I love Silva, these days he is a liability against teams that play a high tempo game. I really can not see Brazil getting past the quaters. In my opinion this is probably your poorest squad in a long time. Especially in attack.

So who is the back up for kaka in his position? Baptista?

Yes, JB, Brazil do need a back up for Kaká, but Ronaldinho had his chances and wasted them.

Do you genuinely believe your team has any match winners (besides a crippled kaka)?

Maicon

But the team in general is too weak, especially the bench, again, nothing Ronaldinho proved to be able to fix.

As much as I love Silva, these days he is a liability against teams that play a high tempo game. I really can not see Brazil getting past the quaters. In my opinion this is probably your poorest squad in a long time. Especially in attack.

The problem is that there aren't many players like Gilberto Silva, there is Pierre at Palmeiras who is a very good typical DM, but he was never called up.

And I agree this is the weakest Brazil in a long time although should be able to reach the semis (probably Chile and then Holland in the Round of 16 and Q-Fs), if can avoid being eliminated in the group stage (I think Brazil won't be though). It would still be the weakest team in a long time with Ronaldinho in it though.

Think this way, the team is bad, but with Ronaldinho it looks even worse...

Ronaldinho is a player who can make something out of nothing though. Surely more effective than Baptista to bring on when you need a bit of magic.

Why didnt you call up Denilson :o

The thing is that Júlio Baptista was there when Dunga needed him, and Ronaldinho was just poor.

Who scored Brazil's first goal vs Argentina in the Copa América final in 2007?

Who scored Brazil's goal against Ecuador in the WC Quals in Quito?

Ronaldinho has a few tricks, but in the end of the day he doesn't really add much to the national team. JB is a pretty limited player but he has showed many times he can make the difference. And he is strong and versatile, which is good for Dunga's Brazil.

So it's not a matter of who is better, there is empirical evidence in JB's favor and against Ronaldinho.

Just because J.Baptista turned up in a few matches beforehand, doesn't mean that he'll be able to do it again, and looking at Ronaldinho's performances for AC, he very much can still do it. You're meant to pick the players in form, not the players that "played well for Brazil a while ago, but haven't been playing well for ages."

Players like Gilberto Silva, Grafite, Kleberson, Elano, Josue really shouldn't be considered 'Brazil' standard, and even Kaka, Robinho, Baptista and Melo are playing really poorly recently. This team is so poor compared to that of a few years ago (or at any point since the 50s really). It's pretty telling that the one place Brazil do look strong is with their defenders.

Just because J.Baptista turned up in a few matches beforehand, doesn't mean that he'll be able to do it again, and looking at Ronaldinho's performances for AC, he very much can still do it. You're meant to pick the players in form, not the players that "played well for Brazil a while ago, but haven't been playing well for ages."

Meant by whom to pick players in form?

Ronaldinho did well in some games for Milan, and so what?

When he played for Brazil, he was very poor and a thousand good games for Milan won't change that.

Players like Gilberto Silva, Grafite, Kleberson, Elano, Josue really shouldn't be considered 'Brazil' standard, and even Kaka, Robinho, Baptista and Melo are playing really poorly recently. This team is so poor compared to that of a few years ago (or at any point since the 50s really). It's pretty telling that the one place Brazil do look strong is with their defenders.

Again, club level performances are irrelevant. Brazil need to have a team, and if you pick players on form, that won't happen as form comes and goes all the time.

I agree Josué and Grafite shouldn't be in the team (unlike Gilberto Silva, Júlio Baptista and Elano who have proved many times they deserve their place), but not because of form or anything, even at the national team they didn't do anything special.

I agree too this team is pretty weak by historical standards, but the likes of Diego, Ronaldinho and Alexandre Pato, who are often hyped as deserving places in the national team, were rubbish when did play for the national team, what they may have done at club level simply don't matter here, because if you are called up, you have to grab your chance and those players didn't.

Archived