The Brazil Thread

masteR+_+

cbf.jpg

So, this is the thread of Nike and FIFA's favourite team. "The English invented it, the Brazilians perfected it", etc.

World Cup squad:

Júlio César

Gomes

Doni

Maicon

Daniel Alves

Juan

Lúcio

Luisão

Thiago Silva

Gilberto

Michel Bastos

Gilberto Silva

Felipe Melo

Josué

Kléberson

Elano

Ramires

Kaká

Júlio Baptista

Luís Fabiano

Nilmar

Robinho

Grafite

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roberto922

A Brazil thread not started by Paulo? :eek:

I like Brazil but don't think they'll win it this year, chances are they'll be in the semis at least.

You guys are funny. :D

I don't think Brazil will win either, probably reach the semis as I mentioned on the FF. The team is good enough to fool everyone in the first rounds but not good enough to win the tournament unless they are really lucky... Brazil's main advantage is depth, as almost all players are replaceable while other teams can't afford having injured players.

You guys are funny. :D

I don't think Brazil will win either, probably reach the semis as I mentioned on the FF. The team is good enough to fool everyone in the first rounds but not good enough to win the tournament unless they are really lucky... Brazil's main advantage is depth, as almost all players are replaceable while other teams can't afford having injured players.

This is why I've got my money on Brazil... :D

Also what better way to start the 2014 WC in 4 years being champions? :)

Also I got a question Amauri today got confirmed as an Italian national...how has this been going down in Brazil? Does anyone care?

This is why I've got my money on Brazil... :D

Also what better way to start the 2014 WC in 4 years being champions? :)

Also I got a question Amauri today got confirmed as an Italian national...how has this been going down in Brazil? Does anyone care?

If Brazil win in 2010, then Brazil will lose in 2014 because most of the Felipe Melos and other average players will stay in the squad. Better lose now and revamp the squad for 2014.

I think most people barely care about Amauri's situation, as the whole naturalization thing has been in the news for so long now that is not really anything new.

I wouldnt put money on Brazil, but tbh I wouldnt put money on any nation as of right now, except maybe for Japan (:cool::p), Im still waiting for a gigantic injury crisis to occur,in Brazils case, this will lead to Dunga using some players that he doesnt really want too (Hernanes, Pierre, Alex, Miranda, Ronaldo), and this applies to all the other nations too, maybe managers will suffer injuries too, for ex. Domenech could have a hip injury, which wouldnt allow him to manage since his selections appear to be pulled from his ass, etc...

It appears Im neutral for this cup :(

I wouldnt put money on Brazil, but tbh I wouldnt put money on any nation as of right now, except maybe for Japan (:cool:), Im still waiting for a gigantic injury crisis to occur,in Brazils case, this will lead to Dunga using some players that he doesnt really want too (Hernanes, Pierre, Alex, Miranda, Ronaldo), and this applies to all the other nations too, maybe managers will suffer injuries too, for ex. Domenech could have a hip injury, which wouldnt allow him to manage since his selections appear to be pulled from his ass, etc...

It appears Im neutral for this cup :(

A couple of Brazilian national team players are certainly going to get injured, as always happens before the WC, but Dunga will call up just the Grafites and the likes to replace them...

I wouldn't like Dunga to suffer an injury, by the way, as much as I disagree about his selection of players, he is still very :cool:. :thup:

We don't have the squad on paper to win but football is unfair so who knows :)

A good chance of not getting through the group stage for once \o/

Maybe not the squad, but definitely have the team. If there's one positive to Dunga, it's that the consistency in selection can pay off in tournaments like this. Everyone knows their role in the squad, the first-XI know how to play e.t.c.

This is likely to be Brazil's squad in the WC, if there are no injuries:

Júlio César

Doni

Gomes or Victor - I think Gomes with slightly more chances to be chosen

Maicon

Daniel Alves

Lúcio

Juan

Luisão

Thiago Silva

Michel Bastos

Gilberto - I won't be surprised if Dunga ends up calling up someone else instead of him

Gilberto Silva

Felipe Melo

Josué

Kléberson - might lose his place in the team if he doesn't establish himself as a first teamer at Flamengo

Kaká

Elano

Júlio Baptista

Ramires

Luís Fabiano

Robinho

Adriano

Nilmar

No Marcelo?

Dunga for some reason doesn't like him much (probably because he had a couple of bad games for a while, and doesn't always play as a left-back at RM), even though he is by far the best Brazilian left back and having him as a first teamer should be a no-brainer.

He has no chance either, even though he is at the same level as players like Elano and Ramires, and is better than Josué, Kléberson, Felipe Melo and Júlio Baptista.

Didn't Vagner Love do a similar thing as well? :D (not a hotel sex marathon but similar...)

Vágner Love had a girl on the place where his team (Palmeiras) were preparing for the Copa São Paulo tournament (a youth competition) and because of this he was removed from the squad.

Hernanes for Elano

Sandro for Kleberson

Marcelo for Gilberto

would be my edited squad from PMLF's squad

You are wise :cool:

What happened between now and the last time I asked about Gomes' chances by the way Paulo? Last time you said it would most likely be Victor but now you think Gomes has a better chance?

cbf.jpg

So, this is the thread of Nike and FIFA's favourite team. "The English invented it, the Brazilians perfected it", etc.

Everyone knows who the squadders will be, except for a few positions. Like, we don't have a left back. No Ronaldos this time either. Since Kaká is a certain flop/injury for us, we'll have to rely on Felipe Melo and Júlio Baptista to give us the flair. Júlio César is our key player, we will rely on his MotM performances to bring the WC home for the 6th time.

Any further information shall be undisclosed in due time.

Some sort of sick joke :D?

You are wise :cool:

What happened between now and the last time I asked about Gomes' chances by the way Paulo? Last time you said it would most likely be Victor but now you think Gomes has a better chance?

Victor had some small attitude issues that seems to have annoyed Dunga a bit, but it's still very close between them, with Gomes having a small advantage.

Hold on, that isn't the former Hertha/Spurs Gilberto, one who was at the last WC is it?

As masteR+_+ mentioned, it's him, he is playing pretty well since returning to Cruzeiro, and was called up for Brazil's game vs Ireland (didn't play though, as Michel Bastos was the first teamer).

Some sort of sick joke :D?

Not really, there is almost no creativity in Brazil's midfield. :D

Felipe Melo used to be an attacking midfielder, it's not like he's just some Roy Keane. :D

But yeah, it was a bit of a joke, was trying to illustrate how poor our current midfield selection is. You could argue that Elano provides more flair than FM but he's pretty much just a set piece taker for Brazil.

Exactly my point :confused:. I was asking whether saying FM provides flair was a joke.

He provides some, but obviously is far from ideal. Brazil misses a bench warmer like Diego or Ronaldinho (I don't want either of them though), or Diego Souza/both Alex (the Fenerbahçe and Spartak ones)/Thiago Neves/etc...

He provides some, but obviously is far from ideal. Brazil misses a bench warmer like Diego or Ronaldinho (I don't want either of them though), or Diego Souza/both Alex (the Fenerbahçe and Spartak ones)/Thiago Neves/etc...

I think the likes of Chelsea and Inter Milan have shown that Dunga's style of team can work. But it's certainly nicer to watch team's with lots of creativity.

I think the likes of Chelsea and Inter Milan have shown that Dunga's style of team can work. But it's certainly nicer to watch team's with lots of creativity.

Or São Paulo here in Brazil, to use a Brazilian example. :cool:

I don't mind the style at all, but Brazil always struggle against teams playing all out defense due to this lack of creativity, the style (and the players chosen by Dunga) is much more suited to playing counter-attack football than to break defenses.

No Hulk? :(

Is there any actual chance he'll be called up? If he keeps performing well now will have a chance?

Dunga said recently that Hulk is still a contender for a WC spot, but I believe he will only be called up if at least two strikers get injured, as besides the usual four (Adriano, Luís Fabiano, Nilmar and Robinho, especially the first two, who are more similar to Hulk), Grafite (:rolleyes:) also seems to be ahead of him in Dunga's mind.

So Adriano near enough a definite for the WC?

Would also adore an amazing comeback by Ronaldo :rolleyes: but that is just me living in dream world.

So Adriano near enough a definite for the WC?

Would also adore an amazing comeback by Ronaldo :rolleyes: but that is just me living in dream world.

Adriano is very likely to be in it, and Dunga likes him too, he had some personal problems this year though that might cause him to lose his place, but I think in the end Dunga will decide to keep him, as he is way better than other options (like Grafite and Hulk).

Ronaldo said himself he is not in condition to play the WC, he unfortunately declined a lot this year, he is playing far less games and having worse performances...

I have always loved Adriano, since his Parma days and me being the only one ever heard of him out of my mates :D

Heard he was getting back on form, and would love to see him in the WC. Grafite and Hulk don't have anything on Adriano imo.

I will be following Brazil vivadly in the WC.

I have always loved Adriano, since his Parma days and me being the only one ever heard of him out of my mates

Heard he was getting back on form, and would love to see him in the WC. Grafite and Hulk don't have anything on Adriano imo.

I will be following Brazil vivadly in the WC.

Yes, Adriano was the top goalscorer in the Brasileirão in 2009, but in 2010 he has been too lazy, missing training all the time, and missing games too, including Libertadores ones. I still think he will get into the WC despite that, but he is not helping himself. :(

Vágner Love is doing a lot better than him in 2010 so far.

Either way, Adriano is not going to be a first teamer, as Luís Fabiano (and Robinho) is the usual starter.

Thats where you miss Hernanes

Yes, he should be the starter in Felipe Melo's place.

Ronaldo said himself he is not in condition to play the WC, he unfortunately declined a lot this year, he is playing far less games and having worse performances...

:( Oh, thanks PMLF... crush my dreams.

Only another year and a half til he retires, will be an upsetting time in my life.

Precisely, ffs Dunga, just call him up! :mad:

So the most likely Brazil based keeper that will be called up will be Victor (Gremio iirc?).

Yes, if a Brazil-based goalie is called up, it will be him. There are many other good Brazil-based goalies (like Flamengo's Bruno, Palmeiras' Marcos, etc...) and they all could do a great job in the WC, but Dunga never called them up before, so won't be calling up any of them now.

Victor's rival for a WC spot is Gomes. Júlio César and Doni are almost certain to feature in the WC.

Yes, if a Brazil-based goalie is called up, it will be him. There are many other good Brazil-based goalies (like Flamengo's Bruno, Palmeiras' Marcos, etc...) and they all could do a great job in the WC, but Dunga never called them up before, so won't be calling up any of them now.

Victor's rival for a WC spot is Gomes. Júlio César and Doni are almost certain to feature in the WC.

Would be my third choice.

Gomes will get it, unfortunately. Either way i doubt Brazil will have a goalkeeper crisis where the third choice becomes first choice, but you never know...

I don't think Rogério Ceni is good enough (or more accurately reliable enough) anymore for the national team, but he is better than Doni and the fact he can take penalties and free kicks means he would make Brazil score a couple more goals too.

And as Mario said, he is not mental at all, he is not a Higuita or Chilavert kind of goalie even though he takes free kicks and penalties.

Archived