Official Spain WC thread

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also, i would quite like to see Spain using a system similar to barca/valencia, with Villa playing as a lone striker ( especially if Torres still has fitness doubts ) with Iniesta floating behind him, Silva and one of Pablo, Cazorla or Navas depending on who makes the squad on the wings with Xavi running things behind them whilst senna or alonso plays the holding role behind him, use cesc and torres as impact subs and they could rip teams to shreds :D

The only area where Spain arguabally lack a world-class player is left back although Capdevilla has performed decent for the NT. Ramos also not very good defensively at RB.

Those are the only problems I see that can prevent Spain from winning the tournament.

The only area where Spain arguabally lack a world-class player is left back although Capdevilla has performed decent for the NT. Ramos also not very good defensively at RB.

Those are the only problems I see that can prevent Spain from winning the tournament.

Capdevilla and Arbeloa probably the 2 LBs.

Casillas

Ramos Pique Puyol Capdevilla

Senna

Iniesta Xavi

Silva ------------------Torres?

Villa

Think it would be foolish not to put Xavi and Iniesta, the best midfielders in the world, in their best positions. Torres doesn't have the best goalscoring record for Spain, ofc it's not bad, but he could play the Henry role in the Barca team.

I remember reading Villa has played as a winger before, so guess it would make sense to put him wide? Even though his scoring record ****es all over Torres'.

why the **** would you want play a striker as a winger when you have world class wingers in your team? play a winger there and use the striker as a sub if you want to play with one man up front, villa as a winger is an awful idea, why would you play someone with his scoring record in a position which will mean he is less likely to score? :/

why the **** would you want play a striker as a winger when you have world class wingers in your team? play a winger there and use the striker as a sub if you want to play with one man up front, villa as a winger is an awful idea, why would you play someone with his scoring record in a position which will mean he is less likely to score? :/

Chill out man, I was just responding to the formation suggested! I agree, Villa has to play upfront.

Which winger would you suggest? The only other I can think of is Mata, who wouldn't provide as much to the team as Torres/Villa, no matter which position they played.

Mata would offer more playing at left wing than torres or villa would playing there seeing how its his natural position, its stupid to put square pegs into round holes, especially at the world cup when you have a lot at stake and doing something either player wouldnt be used to

Spain have a shed load of wingers available to them: Silva, Mata, Pablo, Cazorla, Reyes, Navas, Joaquin, any of them would fir the bill and do well

I think you could play Silva, Villa and Torres as a front 3. Not like it needs to be symmetrical. Kind like an Ibra, Henry, Messi front 3. Silva plays as an out and out winger, with Torres and/or Villa straying into the other channel when needed, but sitting central generally.

Casillas

Ramos

Pique/Marchena

Puyol

Capdevilla

Alonso/Senna

Xavi

Iniesta

Silva/Mata

Villa

Torres

A lot of slashes there, but there are so many good players its hard to predict what will be the first team. Although I do think they will play slightly lop sided with Silva/Mata playing from the left, as Ramos will provide the width on the right.

I know he won't get a game, but is there any chance of Arteta being in the 23?

doubtful, i mean, i really like Arteta, but he couldnt pick a worst nation to be from for playing for his country :D only way i see him going is injuries, otherwise cesc, iniesta and xavi are all bankers, then you have alonso and probably senna, i cant see more than 5 central midfielders getting taken and sergio busquets would go ahead of arteta i think, wingers will probably be Silva, plus 2/3 of Pablo, Mata, Navas, Cazorla, Reyes and Riera

Guest roberto922

Never mind nation, the poor bastard couldn't pick a worse position, 4 world class players and Senna ahead of him ffs :D

it's hard to pick the formation del bosque will use because has played 4-1-4-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 so no clear preference. I could probably predict the squad however. anyway I guess something like:

casillas

s.ramos       piqué        puyol       capdevila

xavi        senna

iniesta             villa               silva

torres 

if torres is injured villa will be the main striker with fabregas in behind

Think Spain will stick with hiw they played at the Euros. So basically:

Casillas

Ramos - Pique - Puyol - Capdevila/Arbeloa

Iniesta - Xavi - Senna/Alonso - Silva

Torres - Villa

So Iniesta will drift in from the right and Ramos will bomb up and down at every opportunity.

Crazy amount of wealth in the Spain national team with plenty of others like Sergio Canales, Pedro etc bidding for a chance to be included.

Beside Torres and Villa, what other attacking option Del Bosque has?

Seriously I doubt Dani Guiza is doing marvels in Turkey (still there right?)

Sergio Garcia? Borjan Kirkic?

Then again Juan Mata can play forward when need arises

Well towards the end of the Euros, Aragones played a 5 man midfield with only one striker up top (Torres) because Villa had injured himself with Fabregas slotting into that midfield role. So, I feel that, in that respect, they have plenty of flexibility. They could play both Torres and Villa up top, or switch to a 4-5-1 and play either Iniesta, Silva, Fabregas, or Mata right behind the striker.

All Spain probably need to do is score an early goal and then replace their strikers with Cesc and Alonso. Then, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Alonso and Senna could just play the ball between themselves for the rest of the game. Silva will offer some striking options :)

Crazy amount of wealth in the Spain national team with plenty of others like Sergio Canales, Pedro etc bidding for a chance to be included.

Beside Torres and Villa, what other attacking option Del Bosque has?

Seriously I doubt Dani Guiza is doing marvels in Turkey (still there right?)

Sergio Garcia? Borjan Kirkic?

Then again Juan Mata can play forward when need arises

Guiza and Negredo will probably be the two other strikers, with Llorente 5th in line imo.

With regard to Bojan, I think he blew his chance of playing regularly in the Spain squad early in his career when he made the ridiculous mistake of turning down a spot in the Euro squad due to tiredness.

Archived