The Spanish Inquisition [*Established Clan*]

betis.jpg

Betis Dont Start

Betis got off to a terrible start to the season, crashing out of the Champions League and losing 3 games in a row in the league. Too many players just not up to the required standard and many now find themselfs trying to prove there worth to the club in the B squad.

Things are slowly beginning to turn around but can they keep it up and push up the league ?

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Real Madrid 3 - 1 Betis

Raul 5, 20 Catanha 3

Figo 90

Betis 0 - 1 Barcelona

Kluivert 39

Ciudad De Murcia 2 - 1 Betis

Berkant 2 Larsson 18

Kristjansson 72

Betis 2 - 1 Osasuna

Assuncao pen 2 Alonso 46

Hibic pen 65

Uefa Cup

Betis 2 - 0 Salzburg

Capi 34

Larsson 51

Villarreal 3 - 1 Betis

Jose Mari 12, 17 Riqueleme OG 52

</pre>

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lo

Since next Monday will see us return to normal Scots clan online play, how about we get prepared by playing both Monday & Thursday this week??

Might as well make it a normal start of around 7ish to get us back into the swing of the Scots game!

Everyone up for it????

Guest sav112

Yeah quite happy to play, I’ll have a look in around 8:30, but if there is enough players on before me go for it by all means.

icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

ITS ALL OVER! Euro 2004 Fantasy Footie draws to a conclusion with some huge final week scores, and amazingly, the only person with a greek defender picks the one that didnt play!

Dellas(96pts) or Seitaridis (75pts) would have won the whole thing for this gentleman. Instead, he had Dabizas (0pts). Tragic!

http://homepages.manx.net/kurashima/euro2004_week2_playerscores.htm

http://homepages.manx.net/kurashima/euro2004_leaderboard_final.htm

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

ITS ALL OVER! Euro 2004 Fantasy Footie draws to a conclusion with some huge final week scores, and amazingly, the only person with a greek defender picks the one that didnt play!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The minute Becky missed my team were buried, that’s what I get for having 4 England players and two world class French men….

Pity Deco could not have scored a hat trick in the Final.

Holders - Valencia

| Pos | Inf | Team | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D.| Pts |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| 1st | BOD | Barcelona | 26 | 12 | 0 | 1 | 39 | 2 | 8 | 4 | 1 | 28 | 14 | +51 | 64 |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| 2nd | | Real Madrid | 27 | 9 | 2 | 2 | 28 | 13 | 8 | 3 | 3 | 17 | 12 | +20 | 56 |

| 3rd |Chris| Deportivo | 26 | 10 | 0 | 2 | 32 | 7 | 8 | 2 | 4 | 32 | 25 | +32 | 56 |

| 4th | Sy | Atlético Madrid | 26 | 10 | 2 | 1 | 28 | 10 | 7 | 0 | 6 | 21 | 18 | +21 | 53 |

| 5th |Iain | Betis | 26 | 10 | 1 | 2 | 24 | 8 | 6 | 1 | 6 | 20 | 19 | +17 | 50 |

| 6th |GAZ | Valencia | 26 | 11 | 3 | 0 | 38 | 11 | 2 | 3 | 7 | 10 | 19 | +18 | 45 |

| 7th | SAV | Celta | 26 | 6 | 4 | 2 | 19 | 8 | 4 | 3 | 7 | 18 | 25 | +4 | 37 |

| 8th | | Mallorca | 26 | 6 | 3 | 3 | 16 | 10 | 4 | 4 | 6 | 19 | 29 | -4 | 37 |

| 9th | | Ciudad de Murcia | 26 | 6 | 3 | 4 | 27 | 18 | 4 | 3 | 6 | 22 | 24 | +7 | 36 |

| 10th| | Málaga | 26 | 8 | 3 | 3 | 26 | 23 | 2 | 3 | 7 | 14 | 24 | -7 | 36 |

| 11th| | Villarreal | 26 | 7 | 1 | 4 | 27 | 24 | 3 | 4 | 7 | 17 | 22 | -2 | 35 |

| 12th| | Sevilla | 26 | 7 | 3 | 3 | 28 | 15 | 2 | 2 | 9 | 6 | 23 | -4 | 32 |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| 13th| | Real Sociedad | 26 | 6 | 3 | 4 | 22 | 15 | 3 | 1 | 9 | 10 | 26 | -9 | 31 |

| 14th| | Osasuna | 26 | 6 | 3 | 3 | 17 | 12 | 2 | 2 | 10 | 11 | 25 | -9 | 29 |

| 15th| | Alavés | 26 | 5 | 4 | 5 | 20 | 24 | 3 | 0 | 9 | 8 | 23 | -19 | 28 |

| 16th| | Albacete | 26 | 4 | 4 | 6 | 19 | 19 | 3 | 2 | 7 | 14 | 24 | -10 | 27 |

| 17th| | Valladolid | 26 | 6 | 4 | 4 | 24 | 20 | 0 | 4 | 8 | 7 | 22 | -11 | 26 |

| 18th| | Zaragoza | 27 | 3 | 1 | 9 | 11 | 21 | 3 | 2 | 9 | 8 | 25 | -27 | 21 |

| 19th| | Almería | 26 | 4 | 1 | 9 | 15 | 31 | 1 | 2 | 9 | 13 | 38 | -41 | 18 |

| 20th|Davie| Espanyol | 26 | 4 | 3 | 6 | 8 | 15 | 0 | 3 | 10 | 11 | 31 | -27 | 18 |

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Bod running away with it, still 6th so not to bad. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After getting humped in the league by you last season, i was due a good run of form. I was let down by not having a consistent striker to replace Kluivert when he was unfit, and my midfield being too lightweight in the tackle. Adding Davids and Davis to the Midfield, and Klose and Cerci up front looks like it might just win me the title!

*cue another last minute collapse allowing Depor a run at the top*

inquisition.jpg

CLAN GAME THURSDAY 16TH

Since we are still working under the assumption thats turps was killed in africa after being mistaken for a rare white rhino, I propose we play the Spanjocks game insted 7:00pm Log in for 7:30 start be there or be Beckhamed!

Sy

Guest sav112

That would be the 15th then!!!!!!!

I should be fine, this clan game is getting far to organised. I prefer the lets see who is on MSM tonight routine, only joking. Good to see what is becoming a good game get a bit more sorted.

Just a pity My Celta team are still pish.

icon_redface.gif

Catch u later

Anyone seen that Rhino?

yeah game when ahead last night and a certain larsson ended my time in div1

Sy and Gaz both in the ufea cup final with Bod in the CL final

easy cause in CM we know the right buttons to press icon_wink.gif

and a huge thanks to Gaz and Sy for reasurring me there is good looking girls in Aberdeen

icon_biggrin.gif

Yes bod your still up for all silverware! Jeez!

Iain we will start at 7 and go on till late, ill leave myself on hols after 10 as im going out to find some skirt!

Your a point behind me in 5th place and you got knockec out of the Uefa cup by the mighty Alaves!

Still about 8 league games to go so might get the season over before ten and ill just let the pc chug thru preseason!

Any thoughts on that?

Sy

Guest sav112

I think we should let Davie have the Real Madrid job icon_biggrin.gif, lets face it Barcelona, Deportivo, Atlético are all at that top level and it would just give more competition, we cant have the poor sole in the second.

Just as long as he drops using the Diablo… icon_wink.gif

Got my new strikers coming next season!!!!

espanyol-logo.jpg?

Real Madrid noooooooooooooo i picked Espanyol cause out of the teams left they where the ones who i knew the best , so without looking at the league table on my start date i did choose Espanyol , and to my disgust the *******s hadn't been out of the bottom 3 all season barr the 1st game which was only on goal different

so like Dumbarton from the scots sunday its a habit i have of picking the worst teams icon_eek.gifbut i stick by my decision

Espanyol intill the day they sack me icon_biggrin.gif

8 games left????i though there was only 4 left

anyway i never when to Kent so ill be there at 7pm

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sy:

Sav! You've had new strikers comming in EVERY season! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It’s a bad habit I’ve picked up, I think it’s the fact I can actually sign folk with this team, as there is actually some money at the club. It’s just a pity I can’t go for the class front men with the wages they demand. icon_frown.gif

Anyway I’ve put a bit more thought it to the new pairing and hoping to sell on Kanu and the like’s from this season, although they have done not to bad.

Davie I understand, I like staying with the same club as well. I salute you, your club, your players and the 2nd division to were they are heading. icon_biggrin.gif

Lo guys game up at 7pm sharp try to get on early and we can have an early night as the PC chugs thru preseason!

Ill be headin out at 10 but if you guys want me to leave the game up then thats cool, just pray it dont crash!

Sy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

I won the UEFA Cup in a thrilling 4-3 victory over Sy's Atletico Madrid.

Few weeks later i got sacked

Update done icon_frown.gif

icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh I almost forgot.

Puts on Nelson voice, points at Gaz and-------->Ha Ha.

Espanyol well we fought bravely and fell at the 1st hurdle, div2 for us next season

Gaz ive got a job at the club as a ball boy?

€4 per hour 56 hrs aweek

well done to BarceFOOKINGlona (we hope you choke )E.S.C

betis.jpg

Betis Board Happy - Fans Happy - Santos Happy

Another semi successful season for Real Betis, as they secure a 5th place finish in La Liga, dropping one place from last year but still exceeding the fans and boards expectation.

Everyting was quiet for the content fans of Betis during pre-season a number of fringe and uneeded youth players where allowed to leave the club, no great lose but with not much money coming in, Santos was struggling to find the funds to strengthen the squad with the players he has identified to take Betis forward and challange for honours.

Then it happened out of the Blue for the fans and shock set it, Santos sold star player Denilson to Inter, for a staggering 30 million pounds, 15 upfront and 15 over 12 months.

The fans where up set but the signing of Riquelme from Barca soon settled them down, a new keeper has be brought in and a winger from Porto, and Boris a former Spanish international Defender with something to prove, a number of large bids have been placed to bring in players of the highest quality.

All in all around 20 million pounds will be spent this summer to push Betis forward, now the fans have something to look forward and Santos is looking for big things, only time will tell.....

Transfers In to Date

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 14.7.2005 | Riquelme, Juan Román | Barcelona | £1.1M |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 15.7.2005 | Boris | Real Sociedad | £2.8M |

| | | | |

| | Total | | £3.9M |

</pre>

Transfers Out to Date

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2005 | David Navarro | Free Transfer | Free |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2005 | Palermo, Martín | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Pepe | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Marco | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Astarita, Salvatore | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Maldonado, Francisco José | Free Transfer | Free |

| 2.7.2005 | João Tomás | Recreativo | Free |

| 4.7.2005 | Pablo Niño | Deportivo | £1M |

| 9.7.2005 | Denílson | Inter | £30M |

| 13.7.2005 | Hibic, Mirsad | Racing Santander | £100K |

| 18.7.2005 | Tote | Albacete | £3.5M |

| 19.7.2005 | Mingo | Terrassa | £375K |

</pre>

Guest sav112

celtavigo.jpg

Well Celta came 7th with an average season and the manager can’t really complain as it will take a bit more time and effort to play with the big boys in this league. With some teams in the division able to spend 18M and not bat an eye lid and some receiving transfer funds of 30M for one player along with our wage budget that was in a critical state till I decided that it needed trimmed it will not be easy to get up into the winning pack.

So after the sale of some dead wood and the sale of Kanu 5M, Jesuli 3M and good few others, one being Baros who only just arrived on a free to be sold for 2.5M.We have in essence bought a brand new team with only one or two survivors from last season. icon_biggrin.gif

We are in the black to a healthy sum after going into the red in the later stages of last season and even have a good 11M to spend and strengthen the team. icon_smile.gif

We have an exiting new forward line up, coupled with two new central defenders and three new midfielders, so things should be interesting if nothing else. We were reluctant to loose Davis but at the time did not have the 6M transfer fee, but have got just good if not better from a Bosman.

The fan will be happy that Edu has been kept after the efforts of Arsenal to buy him failed.

PS- Gaz getting sacked for winning the UEfA cup was a bit poor, I bet SY was happy to loose it if that’s what happens when you win.

icon13.gif

Villareal Appoint Angel Jonas as New Boss

A poor end to the season meant Villareal finished 9th in La Liga. A lot of rebuilding is needed over the next season or 2 if Villareal will be challenging for the Champions League places in the next few years.

Nando Raphael came in on a season's long loan, Santi Dominguez from Barce for 2.8M, Gilberto on a free from Arsenal, Pasquale on a year's loan from Inter, and Sergio from Celta for 500k.

Owen Hargreaves left to Real Madrid for 15.25M and Jerome Rothen went to Alaves for 6M leaving me with plenty to spend.

Another quality DC with pace is needed but this is proving hard to find, with the signings that have been made I am confident of improving on last season's league position. We missed out in Uefa Cup football after an Inter Toto defeat at the hands of Tottenham which will hopefully spur our players on this season in the hunt for a European place.

Guest sav112

Sy there was some amount of action on the transfer front, I think most had a clear out with Bod raking in 41M (the mind boggles as to what use he will put this to) and I got a new team in.

And I left about two and the rest were still at it !!!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived