The 2008/2009 Arsenal Thread

josh_b

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by goon:

its almost like you want me recycled :**(

Nah, just trying out my new season resolution.

Thou shalt not jinx

Although people take a good wedge of my genuine negativity as jinxing tbh.

Turan and a strong centre mid, and i can go into next season happy. And don't feel as if a naughty bid for Villa would be frowned upon.

KOLO TOURE has vowed to stay at Arsenal for the rest of his career.

The Ivorian ace, 27, has proved himself as one Europe's top defenders since he joined the Gunners in 2002.

He is also in line to to replace William Gallas as skipper at the Emirates next season.

Toure said: "When I put the shirt on it means a lot of things for me.

"I will be so glad to finish my career here.

"At the moment everything is going well.

"We had a great season and played some fantastic games.

"But we went away without any trophies - and that's a big, big thing for us.

"The team are still really strong, the club are still really strong and the manager is doing a great job."

Kolo, I love you mate but you're never Captain material.

His Testimonial will be fb icon_cool.gif

“The negotiation with Hleb is still in progress and despite him being a player with special qualities, if his club are not ready [to sell him], we have other options in mind,†Barcelona vice-president Marc Ingla said to Catalunya Radio.

From those comments it sounds like we dont want to sell him.

Please stay Alex, him and Nasri in the same side would be awesome.

Hleb and Nasri way too similar tbh.

Hleb's gone, he can't do what he did and get away with it, especially when Wenger's involved. Wenger just looking for the right deal before he sanctions it.

Plus Hleb clearly doesn't want to stay, so what is the point in keeping him?

Theo could be that man Hoves?

Hleb not important enough for that goon. In fact I would say only Cesc is that important and even then I wouldn't feel comfortable with him playing for Arsenal.

Its over and I couldn't care less.

Theo could be that man Hoves?

Yeah he could i guess, if it comes down to him vs eboue next season (i pray it doesn't) then walcott should be given a chance to try hold down the starting role.

I just want a real wide midfielder with those attributes to be brought as its something i think we miss since pires.

Originally posted by Ratinho:

We do tend to hang onto unhappy players.

Oh yeah.....laterz Alex.

He hasnt actually said he's unhappy or that he wants to leave. Infact all he's said is he owes a lot to Arsene, he's angered by the media reports and he wants time to consider his future.

Cluthing at straws I know.

You're f**king delusional tbh. You left Strawsville about 7 stops back.

Haven't assumed anything about Nasri. He's a work in progress until he's on Arsenal.com. Which will be several months after he actually signs ofc.

You'd have to be pretty naive to think players dont consider offers from other clubs, whether in private or over ice cream. Just like Thierry would have talked to Barca, Vieira to Real etc. Both who ended up staying.

You're both missing my point, not talking about whether Hleb is a tit or not for meeting offcials from another club before a crucial game, I'm saying just because he was ******** enough to do so doesnt automatically mean he's certain to leave, especially since Inter are no longer in for him.

Plus a load of other stories in other languages which translate to basically the same story.

Again, don't get your hopes up, the story is pretty much reporters remembering Wenger saying he bought his cheque book to the Euros, and randomly picking out players that have played well. Namely David Silva and Turan. No quotes or hints of facts anywhere near them, unfortunately.

Like I said in the match thread, Arshavin spent the last 10 minutes of the game yesterday playing exactly like Hleb.

Sweden had pushed forward and left loads of space, Arshavin managed to miss a one on one about 6 yards away from goal, then do great work down the right, get to the by-line then delay for ages and pull it back to a Swedish defender.

He'd suit us perfectly. icon_cool.gif

Archived