The 2008/2009 Arsenal Thread

josh_b

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

We got 30% of the Muamba transfer fee apparently icon_cool.gif

is it 30% or 30% of the profit? Guardian article I read said the latter. nice work if it's the former. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it's always the latter.

I don't have a source for this quote, just noticed it reading about Kompany elsewhere:

Arsene Wenger: "I have been interested in Vincent Kompany ever since he was 16, but I am not interested in him this year. There is nobody I need for my team's defensive department. I still follow Kompany's progress all the time and I know him very, very well. But he will not be an Arsenal player next season - and you can print that. I know all the good Belgian players. Arsenal are following a number of them with great interest, although I won't name names."

Possibly signing a Belgian this season?

Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

We got 30% of the Muamba transfer fee apparently icon_cool.gif

is it 30% or 30% of the profit? Guardian article I read said the latter. nice work if it's the former. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it's always the latter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On what basis? I was under the impression both sorts of clause existed.

Gomes

<STRIKE>Amauri</STRIKE>

David Villa

Diego

Ricardo Quaresma

Charles N'Zogbia

<STRIKE>Stephen Pienaar</STRIKE>

<STRIKE>Luka Modric</STRIKE>

Loic Perrin

Jonathan De Guzman

Diego Capel

Clement Grenier

<STRIKE>Miralem Pjanic</STRIKE>

Zdravko Kuzmanovic

Bastien Schweinsteiger

Hatem Ben Arfa

<STRIKE>Ezeqial Garay</STRIKE>

Juan Arango

Raul Albiol

Klaas Huntelaar

\o/ Aaron Ramsey \o/

Kenwyne Jones

Ognjen Vukojevic

Michael Johnson

Zlatan Ibrahimovich

Niko Kranjcar

Thierry Henry

Nikolay Dimitrov

Khamel Ghilas

Bafe Gomis

<STRIKE> Jean II Makoun </STRIKE>

Stephane Sessegnon

Hugo Lloris

Yoann Gouffran

Gareth Barry

Robert Green

Vincent Kompany

Gervinho

Richard Dunne

Samir Nasri

<STRIKE> Seydou Keita</STRIKE>

Ignacio Camacho

Alberto Aquilani

Roque Santa Cruz

Mouhamadou Dabo

\o/ Francois Coquelin \o/

Clement Chantome

Blaise Matuidi

Mario Gomez

Eduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sotiris Ninis

Arda Turan

David Silva

Lukasz Podolski

Daniel Parejo

Barcelona are ready to hijack AC Milan's attempts to buy Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor. (Italian sports paper La Gazzetta dello Sport)

La Gazzetta fast becoming as annoying as Marca. icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Gavin Connolly:

so we've gone from needing a centre back who can deal with long balls down the middle to not needing to add to our defensive unit... Ramsay is our only signing of any significance right? :s

Apart from the two 15 year old asylum seekers leaving in the shed in wengers back garden.

Albiol: Happy at Valencia

Raul Albiol's agent has rejected reports that Arsenal have made an offer for the Valencia defender.

The 22-year-old centre-back is currently representing Spain at Euro 2008 after an impressive 2007/08 season with his club.

Press reports had claimed that Gunners manager Arsene Wenger was set to offer a fee in the region of £5million for Albiol's services.

However, Albiol's agent, Manuel Garcia Quilon, has rubbished the rumours, insisting the player is settled at the Mestalla.

"I have not received a call from Arsenal, or any other club," Quilon told AS.

"This story is not true. The youngster is very concentrated on his work with Spain at Euro 2008 and is very content at Valencia."

Content at Valencia? I'll believe that when he says it. Make it happen Wenger.

Just received an email in response to one I sent complaining about the new shirt:

Thank you for your email. We always welcome feedback, even if it is not always positive!

The issue of kit design is emotive and experience suggests that it is impossible to keep everyone happy all of the time. However, it is important to note that when we go through the process of designing kits with Nike, a key goal is to reflect our core values as encapsulated by the ‘tradition with vision’ statement. What this means is that we need to reflect our past but always look to innovate and push boundaries where possible. As time goes on, we have to work harder as tastes and fashions change but we believe that the latest home kit is true to our goal. It is essentially a red and white shirt, but has influences from 1998-99 (the white stripe extending down the side panels of the shirt) and the redcurrant tipping on the arms/shorts goes back to the early days of the club.

This may not convince you to like the shirt, which I know is a very subjective matter, but hopefully it gives you a certain amount of confidence that there is a thought process that goes into the designs.

Thanks again for your feedback, it is appreciated.

Regards

Arsenal Football Club

Originally posted by Slightly Damp Shrew:

We really shouldn't. Eto'o has played 2 more games than Rosicky over the past 2 seasons.

And he doesn't want to leave.

Yeah he's injury prone but he's awesome and Barce want to get rid of him.

Eto'o for Ade would be a terrible deal. Swapping a young, potentially awesome striker for a moody, injury prone one who has had his best years.

Lets stop with the Ade sillyness please. He gives us something which no other striker gives us, which is pace, power and mobility.

Originally posted by The Pain:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Slightly Damp Shrew:

We really shouldn't. Eto'o has played 2 more games than Rosicky over the past 2 seasons.

And he doesn't want to leave.

Yeah he's injury prone but he's awesome and Barce want to get rid of him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was awesome.

Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Pain:

We should swap Adebayor for Eto'o. If Ade wants to leave.

I doubt even arseneknows or myself could have been that stupid </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldnt go that far.

Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Pain:

We should swap Adebayor for Eto'o. If Ade wants to leave.

I doubt even arseneknows or myself could have been that stupid </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's hardly stupid. I don't currently agree with it, but stupid it is not.

Nasri hasn't signed, so stfu you lot.

Originally posted by ajw10:

Gunners' Greatest Players - 25. Ashley Cole

F**k off, what sort of clueless f**kers would vote for him?

Saw that today, blatant fix of votes, why would more people vote for a Judas, over Sylvain Wiltord, just one of many that have been rated lower than him

Archived