The European Clan : The FM06 years

shocking sacked again and sy got the gig icon_rolleyes.gif

and they were just begining to play as well.

what next prob sav the III but wait and see any club will do.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

europeanclan.jpg

English Premier League

English Championship

Spanish Primera Liga

Spanish Segunda Division

Italian Serie A

Italian Serie B

lastest leagues after Thursdays session

next session Monday 2nd of Jan

18:30gmt t+t 19:00gmt kick off-intill 00:00*

*could be a long session depends on who's hosting

and well done to Reidy on getting the Sevilla job, same for Sy who picked up the Ipswich job(we know you can save them ,unlike some icon_rolleyes.gif ), and also welcome back to a certain Mr Toner,who was released from Bar-L on boxing day icon_cool.gif

reidysevilla.JPG

Sevilla unveiled their new manager, Stuart Reid to the world press today following the recent sacking of Serra Ferrer.

Reid leaves behind a struggling Numancia side, not helped by crippling debts, and an Assistant Manager with a tendency to sell the few quality players in the squad, while the manager is on holiday.

So onto the new challenge for Reid, and with a goal shy Sevilla side struggling for form and confidence at the moment, it looks as though Reid's main task will be starting work to build for next season.

3 new coaches have been bought in, and new players are already on the horizon. Olivier Kapo's signature has been secured for the start of the new season, as has explosive striker Fernando Cavenaghi from Spartak Moscow.

With Freddie Kanoute and Luis Fabiano misfiring up front at the moment, their days in Seville appear to be numbered.

However, with several exciting young players in the squad and a number of great youngsters in the B team, the future does look bright for Sevilla.

A centre back is also on Reid's hitlist with a call to Anderlecht being made imminently.........."Yes hello, is the Mr Kompany? Yes, do you like oranges?"

lutontown.png

Looks like we are safe

date

18th March

sitting 13th in league, 16pts in front of Tranmere who are 22nd , which leaves us no choice but to look upwards, and try and clinch a play-off spot.

with Derby sitting in 6th on 62pts , and with 6 games to play, and 9pts behind them and us, i feel we have no choice really but to aim higher than we had planned at the start of season.

The fans of Luton have earned the right to say we are a challenging team for a play off spot.

Coming up games

Bolton

Walsall

Q.P.R

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reidy888:

Lads,

I'll be there Monday, but I won't be able to do a late one again, as I have to be at work on Tuesday icon_frown.gif

Could I suggest that maybe we make an early start? Say 5pm maybe? That would also give Nuke a longer session? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

happy with a 5pm start , but cmon lads everyone has a say.

would be good to get some feed back

my call 5pm-whenever icon_biggrin.gif

Happy new year to you all lads hope its a good one for you and your families!

Back to business

ipswich.png

Hmmm how much worse can it get??

Sav got le sack and I got his old job, with about 4 games left of the season and 7 points away from the team above relegation looks likely and as the game does not incorporate the league 1 i will prolly be sacked.

Great start to the year!

More soon, now I need to go be sick.

Guest sav112

To be fair Sy they could do it they were playing well at the end there and passing teams off the park. icon14.gif

I be in on Monday prob after 7 to find a club icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sy:

Happy new year to you all lads hope its a good one for you and your families!

Back to business

ipswich.png

Hmmm how much worse can it get??

Sav got le sack and I got his old job, with about 4 games left of the season and 7 points away from the team above relegation looks likely and as the game does not incorporate the league 1 i will prolly be sacked.

Great start to the year!

More soon, now I need to go be sick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sy after you took over , they when on a unbeaten run of 7 games icon_biggrin.gif

doesn't say much for previous manager icon_wink.gif

I've got 4 guys oking the 5pm start

so ill put up the game at 5pm

the CCC league next season, gonna be good ,with Sy,Sav,Andy,Jonny and me, unless me and Andy make the play-offs, more likey Andy tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

To be fair Sy they could do it they were playing well at the end there and passing teams off the park. icon14.gif

I be in on Monday prob after 7 to find a club icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with it being end of season your choices are gonna be limited and with 2 humans controling 2 of the bottom 6,and Walsall already down that leaves you with 3 clubs, but theres a gap in the spanish game due to Sy getting the Ipswich. see rule 3 , but thats purely down to you.

Plus Gaz might need some company

lutontown.png

Bowditch joins the Hatters

Dean Bowditch signed up with Luton Town after Ispwich boss loses the plot and sells him for £100k

Orr-"my agent phoned me saying Dean Bowditch £100k he's yours, i thought you're having a laugh he's worth £2m+.so i signed him and two other midfielders from Ispwich who have been playing 1st team football all for £300k icon_biggrin.gif

agents value £4.6m cost me £300k

signing a new deal

yeah i was offered a new 4 year deal with 875k to spend, its not the worlds best but it will do and puts food on the table for the family back in Plymouth icon_wink.gif

Guest sav112

I wish i could host, but im on this crappy 12-8 shift and would not be back til just before 9 icon_rolleyes.gif

on a brighter note I'm only going to do this probably to the end of the month, this work thing is too much like work for me icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by basic:

I'll love to join in this leuge? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry but we are full

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Stoke manager Andrew told press today that now he has had 6 months in the job,and now knows the abilty of his squad and will the new summer signings on the way that he is very confident that his team can be challenging for the premiership this upcoming season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

logo.jpg

end of 1st season winners and losers

England Only

Lambieslovechild-Crystal Palace-EPL7th FAC5th LC4th

Stabwest-Luton Town-EC14th FAC3rd,LC4th

Sav-Plymouth-Sacked

Sav-IpswichEC sacked FAC4th,LC1st

Jonny-Sheff Wed-EC19th FAC4th LC 2nd

Sy-IpswichEC 23rd FAC n/a LC n/a

Andrewbanny-Stoke City EC10th FAC3rd LC2nd

logo.jpg

end of 2nd season winners and losers

Italy Only

Stevethedog-Vicenza-SA18th,IC3rd Qual rd

Steve_cafc-Genoa-SB5th*,IC1st Qual rd

Peekaboo-Treviso-SB17th,IC3rd Qual rd

* when up through play-offs

logo.jpg

Spain Only

Nukem-AlmeriaSD5th,SC1st rd

Reidy888-NumanciaFD n/a,SC3rd rd

Reidy888-SevillaPD9th, SC n/a

Sy-LevanteSDsacked,SC1st rd

GazToner-RayoSD17th,SC n/a

logo.jpg

England Only

Lambieslovechild-Crystal Palace-EPL7th FAC5th LC4th

Stabwest-Luton Town-EC14th FAC3rd,LC4th

Sav-Plymouth-Sacked

Sav-Ipswich-EC Sacked FAC4th,LC1st

Jonny-Sheff Wed-EC19th FAC4th LC 2nd

Sy-Ipswich-EC 23rd FAC n/a LC n/a

Andrewbanny-Stoke City-EC10th FAC3rd LC2nd

hoho<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Vicenza%20Banner.jpg

So after draws against our 2 main rivals it looked unlikely we were going to make the top 2 and that elusive automatic promotion spot. Brescia seemed to fall out of it after the draw with us however Bologna went on a flying run overtaking the leaders Atalanta who hit a slump at the wrong time.

Going into the final game of the season the mighty Vicenza had a tricky away tie to a midtable side and Atalanta were away to bottom of the league and already relegated Crotone.

It was widely rumoured that Del Niccoli was already putting the feelers out for a new top flight job if Vicenza couldn't make it.

Vicenza destroyed Rimini 4-2 going on 10-2 and the crowd listened closley to the radio as Crotone held out.....and held out....and held out.....Atalanta who had sneaked a last minute equaliser in their last game to keep it in their own hands must have been sweating.......FT 0-0. The Vicenza fans partied. A team looking to avoid relegation ended up going up without even the need of the play offs against Italian giants like Brescia, Atalanta, Torino amongst others.

Later, well into the morning as the celebrations began to get messy Del Niccoli confessed that he wasn't even aware that 3rd-7th would have made a play off as he sat looking smug. Fortunately for him, neither does his players othwerise it could have been a different story.

Hopefully the coffers will be filled and Del Niccoli will be able to strengthen further.

However he won't be able to do that from half 6 or possibly even tonight as i'm not sure when i'll be able to get back and on to my pc. Will do my best lads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vicenza%20Banner.jpg

This was the scene no more than a month ago. Jubilation, happiness, drunkenness. Well there was still drunknness but it was for different reasons. Depression, anger, denial & guilt. Christiano Del Niccoli had take Vicenza to serie A magically yet was perhaps unfortunate to miss out on staying there for another year by just 2 points.

So many ifs and buts that could have saved the Vicenza lads. Del Niccoli admitted he felt lost when despite being in 1 of the best leagues in the world he was still unable to attract the calibre of player he felt he needed.

Instead he had to turn to old pro's like Di Canio, Delvecchio, Coco, Panucci, Rivaldo as well as still banking on Carbone. It was a big ask and it turned out to be too big.

Looking forward Del Niccoli wants another bash at the top level, whether it's with Vicenza or not remains to be seen but Del Niccoli certainly has the hunger for it.

lutontown.png

getting closer

only a few weeks left intill new season,and Luton have nearly spend there transfer budget icon_biggrin.gif

Players in

Sean Evans-Man Utd

Jason Roberts-Wigan

Adam Johnson-Middlesbrough

Matteo Cavagn-Treviso

Alessandro Noselli-Mantova

Richard Hughes-Portsmouth

Ian Westlake-Ipswich-£100k

Owen Garvan-Ipswich-£100k

Dean Bowditch-Ipswich-£100k

Johnathan Evans-Man Utd

Maciej Truszczynski-Doncaster Rovers-£425k

Players out

Liam Watson-free transfer

Stephen O'Leary-Tranmere-£16k

Stuart Sinclair-Cardiff

a few with be sold in the winter window to trim down the squad, plus am getting moaned at for being 15k over on my wages icon_mad.gif

With a succesful pre-season under there belts stoke took the long coach trip down to devon to play plymouth in there first game of the season.With all the summer signings that have arrived it was important to get off to a good start and impressive manager Andrew Bannister.

Stoke manager had strenghtened the backbone of his team with CB Johansen, DM Sosa and forward vaz Te all making there stoke debuts today.The match itself was,nt much of a spectacle,but stokes new signings all impressed in a 3 - 0 win,with Vaz Te getting on the score sheet and young Center back johansen looking very solid at the heart of the stoke defence..

After the match stoke manager Andrew Bannister declared himself extremely happy with his new signings on there debuts,but he also stated the season is only just beggining and his next game at Home to Leeds will tell him more about his team than this game..

reidysevilla.JPG

Revolving Doors Installed At Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán

The close season has brought several new faces into the Sevilla 1st team for the new term. With a feeling of staleness in the previous squad, serious changes were required over the summer. Manager, Stuart Reid had no hesitation getting rid of the "dead wood" and bringing in new players. Out went Kanoute, Fabiano and Hornos amongst others. And the core of a brand new 1st XI were brought in. These include:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Diego GK from Athletic Mineiro

<LI>Daniel Agger CB from Athletico Madrid

<LI>Vincent Kompany CB from Anderlecht

<LI>Javier Mascherano DMC from Corinthians

<LI>Olivier Kapo AML/C from Juventus

<LI>Christian Wilhelmsson AML/R from Anderlecht

<LI>Fernando Cavenaghi SC from Spartak Moscow

With qualification for the qualifying rounds of the EUFA Cup secured, the season begins early for Sevilla. An easy first round tie with Hibernians gives Sevilla a 14 - 0 aggregate win, with the 2nd home leg being a 9 - 0 drubbing. The early start to the season has also, meant that Sevilla have been without several of the first team squad who are away at the Copa America. Manager Stuart Reid was distraught to learn that new signing Javier Mascherano picked up a serious injury while on international duty for Argentina. The defensive midfielder ruptured his cruciate ligaments and will be out of action for 8-9 months. This has dealt quite a blow to Reids plans for the new season. Fortunately, there is still a small amount in the coffers to fund the purchase of a replacement.

cpbod3.png

Fortress Selhurst

So the season is over, and Palace are 7th. The summer signings are heading in, and my god, its scary!

Players In

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Theo Walcott (AM/F RLC) - £925k - Southampton

<LI>Lucas Biglia (DM C) - Free - Argentinos Juniors

<LI>Nicola Zigic (S C) - Free - Red Star Belgrade

<LI>Juan Sebastian Veron (M C) - £1M - Chelsea

<LI>Jorge Lopez (AM RL) - Free - Valencia

<LI>Phil Jagielka (D/DM RC) - Free - Sheff United

<LI>Tomas Hubschmann (D RC) - £5M - Shakhtar Donetsk

<LI>Ugur Yildirim (AM/F RLC) - Free - Hereenveen

<LI>Marek Jankulovski (D/WB/AM RL) - £3.2M - Milan

<LI>Geremi (D/WB/M R) - £1.9M - Chelsea

<LI>Andres D'Alessandro (AM C) - £8.5M - Wolfsburg

Players Out

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Eero Peltonen - Wolves - £1.2M

<LI>Nico Herzig - Leeds - £700k

<LI>Jean Beausejour - Nurnberg - £3.2M

<LI>Fernando Morientes - Bochum - £1.8M

<LI>Daniel Fredheim Holm - Kaiserslautern - £2M

<LI>Ben Watson - Fulham - £2.5M

<LI>Aldo Andres Jara - Real Sociedad - £1.2M

<LI>Leandro Depetris - Burnley - £325k

<LI>Doriva - Andria Bat - Free

The signings came thick and fast this summer at Selhurst. In and out like a hooker on speed, the revolving door signings policy moved Palace from relegation candidates into serious top 6 contenders. The addition of the big striker Zigic gave Andy Johnson some proper competition for places, Hubschmann and Geremi added experience and ability to the defence , and D'Alessandro & Veron added a world class midfield to a squad sadly lacking in top level experience.

Palace were ready for the season. The small matter of the Inter Toto Cup was in the way however. The Turkish side Denzilspor were the opposition, and right from the outset , things went badly.

Denizilspor 2 - 0 Palace

Palace 3 - 1 Denizilispor

The fact that the entire summer signing regime was ineligible, suspended, or playing in the Copa America meant that Palace only had 13 fit 1st team players for the game, and with a makeshift squad, fell easily at the hands of the Turks. With Europe out the way, it was time to focus on more pressing matters

Fixtures

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Southampton 1 - 1 Palace

<LI>Palace 3 - 2 Norwich

<LI>Blackburn 2 - 2 Palace

<LI>Palace 2 - 1 Portsmouth

<LI>Spurs 0 - 1 Palace

A superb start to the season , first 5 games unbeaten and victory over Local rivals Tottenham on their own patch had the fans buzzing. 3rd place in the league and with a squad not just capable of staying up, but maybe winning something this year, being it the cup, or a place in the CL. And yet rumours abound that the manager still isnt happy with the chairman, and someday soon, theres going to be a confrontation that will leave only one of them at the club ......

lutontown.png

updates on transfers

Martin Fribrock joining from Halmstad on a free , with Christoffer Karlsson also coming on in December, from Djurgarden on a free

brought in a few quid from sell-on clauses

on Craig Morgan who joined Norwich in EPL from Rochdale and Sammy Clingan.

Markus Heikkinen joined Genoa on loan in serie A, for the rest of season as cover.

Lastest Scores

Cardiff [h] 1-0

Hull [h] 2-1

West Ham [a] 1-2

Stoke [a] 2-1

Swansea [h] 2-0

Brentford [a] 0-2

Sheff Utd [h] 4-0

Coventry [a] 2-3

LC 1st rd Walsall [a] 1-0

stokecity.JPG

8 Games into the new championship season and Stoke find themselves sitting at the top of the table with club captain John Eustace being the main reason for stokes excellent early form,with 5 goals from 8 games,the highlight being a last minute winner against leeds.

The Stoke manager praised his backroom staff on the attractive style of play of recent games scoring 17 goals in 8 games.

TRANSFER UPDATES

Callum Davenport - 850,000

Ben Burgess - 575,000

Benoit - Loan Crystal Palace

Loic Abenzoar - Loan Crystal Palace

Results

Reading [A] 2-1

Leeds [H] 3-2

Lutin [H] 1-2

Wigan [A] 4-5

Milwall [H] 3-0

Derby [A[ 0-1

Preston [H] 0-0

League Cup Chester [H] 3-0

lutontown.png

There's a nose bleed due soon

2nd in league, going strong, will Luton have what it takes to go all the way?

Orr " well 17 games gone, 2 points behind Stoke City, I should bloody think so"

Lastest matches

Plymouth [h] 1-2

Reading [h] 3-1

Leeds Utd [a] 2-2

Burnley [a] 2-0

Wigan [a] 3-3

Millwall [h] 0-0

Derby [a] 4-0

Preston [h] 1-0

Sheff Wed [a] 2-0

LC 2nd rd West Brom [a] 1-2

Last few games

A new club record was set after the 2-0 win over Sheff Wed, 8 games without defeat

win our next two games then we set another club record, 5 straight wins

with Sunderland and QPR next its gonna be tough, as both are in the running for the title

Squad stats

Goals

Jason Roberts=8

Makondele=6

Dean Bowditch=6

Kevin Nicholls=6

Assists

Dean Bowditch=7

David Vaughan=7

Jason Roberts=5

Tobias Eriksson=3

stokecity.JPG

19 games played and 2 points ahead at the top of the championship with a game in hand over nearest challengers Luton and West ham.

After recieving the manager of the month award for september,Andrew Bannister took his squad to Doncaster for a league match which the pundits had predicted an easy victory for stoke, Bannisters men controlled much of the game but failing to score and a excellent counter attack from doncaster, who after scoreing put 10 men behind the ball and took a much needed 3 points.

Manager of the month curse !!!!

Andrew Bannister kept his team locked in the changeing room for 30 minutes after the game and was heard shout "NOT GOOD ENOUGH" through the wall of the stoke dressing room.

RESULTS

Sheff Wed [A] 1-4

S'Land [A] 0-1

Q.P.R [H] 2-0

Leicester [H] 4-1

Bristol C [H] 2-0

Doncaster [A] 1-0

Hull [H] 0-0

Burnley [H] 5-0

L.C Middlesborgh [H] 1-2

Archived