Legends Database 2010 - Official Release -

Deus84

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys !

I was just wondering if some of you who have played more than one season with this database could post what happened at the World Cup in your saves, out of interest. In my Wolves save, this is what happened in mine :

Final : Brazil 1 (Didi) - 0 Hungary

Top scorer : Sandor Kocsis - 7 goals

Most assists : Johann Cruyff - 5 assists

Highest average rating : Denis Law - 8.45

NB : Brazil drew their first two games 0-0 and promptly sacked Télé Santana ! Carlos Alberto Perreira took over and obviously did quite well. England were knocked out in the group stage, from a group containing Denmark, Ghana and Costa Rica (hardly the group of death). Scotland only went out in the second round after losing to eventual finalists Hungay 4-3 a.e.t.

Hi guys !

I was just wondering if some of you who have played more than one season with this database could post what happened at the World Cup in your saves, out of interest. In my Wolves save, this is what happened in mine :

Final : Brazil 1 (Didi) - 0 Hungary

Top scorer : Sandor Kocsis - 7 goals

Most assists : Johann Cruyff - 5 assists

Highest average rating : Denis Law - 8.45

NB : Brazil drew their first two games 0-0 and promptly sacked Télé Santana ! Carlos Alberto Perreira took over and obviously did quite well. England were knocked out in the group stage, from a group containing Denmark, Ghana and Costa Rica (hardly the group of death). Scotland only went out in the second round after losing to eventual finalists Hungay 4-3 a.e.t.

lol this might make ya laugh.... the world cup final was played between England, and Scotland, with Scotland winning 2-0!!!

top scorer was pele on 5

top assister was Glenn Hoddle on 5

highest average rating was pele on 8.60

the only real surprise in the group stages was that spain finished bottom of thier group which had france and chile who qualified and south korea who finished third...

brazil got knocked out in the quarters by italy who lost to england in the semi's

You mean in combination with the Legends Database, Mr Hough?

yeah thats right, It works when you don't use the Legends database but if you have a game with the database on it brings up an error that says. 'Invalid Argument in date encode', What ever that means.

lol this might make ya laugh.... the world cup final was played between England, and Scotland, with Scotland winning 2-0!!!

top scorer was pele on 5

top assister was Glenn Hoddle on 5

highest average rating was pele on 8.60

the only real surprise in the group stages was that spain finished bottom of thier group which had france and chile who qualified and south korea who finished third...

brazil got knocked out in the quarters by italy who lost to england in the semi's

This is another reason why this database is so much fun because there are about 16 national teams now who have a realistic chance in the international comps. Some of the possible starting 11 for the "lesser" sides are quite impressive (especially if they contain a star or two. Scotland is a great example with a team containing Dalglish, Law, Alex James, Jimmy Johnstone, Billy Bremner, Hansen, McNeill, Lennox, etc ...

yeah thats right, It works when you don't use the Legends database but if you have a game with the database on it brings up an error that says. 'Invalid Argument in date encode', What ever that means.

If no one can answer it in this thread (I am not using Genie) then I suggest you ask it in the Genie thread. :thup:

If no one can answer it in this thread (I am not using Genie) then I suggest you ask it in the Genie thread. :thup:

yeah i will do, I was just wondering if anyone had encountered this before.

It's not a massive problem though as you kinda know who are gonna be awesome players and who aren't

Which version of genie are you using bud.

I'm using [v1.11 build 116]. Small database (3789 players, 6757 non-players, 2033 clubs). I just thought of something else, I did create my own league, would that have an effect on things?

so I just download the default then the update from the first post? compatible with 10.3?

The updated version isn't entirely compatible with 10.3.

You can make it work however, which is pretty easy. :)

All information can be found in the openingpost and in the readme file that comes with the download :thup:

For every new game you start with this database, as far as I know.

After the initial crash, and the re-start, it works fine.

Thanks man.

I just thought that if you had the initial save on the manager screen, you can then load that up every time and start new games from there no?

Yes.

You could do two things:

1) Make a new save with (m)any nation(s), save it at the first manager screen (without going to choose a team), quit and reload.

This save could then be used for any team of you liking in any division that you loaded. So only 1 crash is needed. Just copy the first savegame and use it to start any new game with.

or

2) Make a save with only your desired nation(s) (which will result in a faster game, than mentioned above) and save it the same way. Here you have 1 crash too.

Good luck and have fun playing.

Excuse me, is there any chance to upload the last update Legends DB elsewhere because when I try to download from rapidshare I get this msg:

"Please note, the server is not going to check again within the next 2 minutes if downloading is possible again. To provide a fair platform, all user get the same options. Your last attempt was 28 seconds ago."

Deus, top work. Any chance of some kind of readme, or a text document to identify the players from the player photos. In the folders at the moment they've just got numbers, any chance I could get my hands on the names as well? Cheers bra. Dovus. X

This database looks great, but is there any way to add all these legends to a normal database, so you can play with them together with today's best players? Playing with all the legends would be awesome, but i'd much rather play it with everyone who's active today too, and not having them deleted or as 15 year olds. Is there any way i could do that? I tried merging databases or whatever in the editor but that didn't work.

I've have loaded Chiellini's All Star database together with SB's 11 level England, Fury's Africa update and that big Japanese players update. That is working fine.

I assume that it works too when you use Deus' Legend database with other updates. (It could however also not work due to league changes, etc.)

It doesn't work. I just want all the young/deleted players to be in their normal state (IE Messi as 23 years old superstar, same with rooney, CR, lampard, gerrard, xavi, etc etc), but whatever i do when i load the database they're all either young or deleted.

This is, well, legendary. :thup: Absolutely unbelievable work my friend.

A couple of things i've noticed though...

Alex Ferguson is missing from Aberdeen - they don't have any manager.

Arsenal play a 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1) because that's down as Wenger's preferred formation, but would it not be more accurate of his earlier time at the club to have his preferred formation a 4-4-2?

This is, well, legendary. :thup: Absolutely unbelievable work my friend.

A couple of things i've noticed though...

Alex Ferguson is missing from Aberdeen - they don't have any manager.

Arsenal play a 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1) because that's down as Wenger's preferred formation, but would it not be more accurate of his earlier time at the club to have his preferred formation a 4-4-2?

I was arsenal before and it was at 4-4-2 automatically

i do agree with that earlier post about pires though

I was arsenal before and it was at 4-4-2 automatically

i do agree with that earlier post about pires though

Yes because you can set what formation a club uses, i believe. So it will be set to a 4-4-2, but when Wenger is in charge he will change it to a 4-3-3 as that's his preferred formation. Wenger needs to have his preferred formation changed to a 4-4-2 for Arsenal to play that formation under him.

I love how Puskas and Di Stefano aren't at Real Madrid, gives me a chance to nab them, even if it involves shelling out absurd amounts of transfer money.

Then I just pinch youngsters (Terry, Mexes, C.Ronaldo, Baggio, etc.) and train em up for a season or two.

Great database Deus!