Legends Database 2010 - Official Release -

Deus84

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 question Deus.

When doing the players did you take into account what they were actually good for and edit their stats manually in order to make the player ?

Or did you merely leave the stats at 0 and simply put the CA and PA up to what you thought was appropriate ?

Example: Gerd Muller was known as not being particularly fast but he was lethal inside the box and so if you simply put his CA upto 185 or so and his PA 196 etc the CPU may give him 20 pace and 16 finishing etc

Same goes for every other player in the database.

Thanks.

hi, I edited manually every single attributed for a more realistic experience :) tonight I will try to upload somewhere a savegame, good idea guys ;)

If possible (I am aware that it is more work), you could upload a few different savegames.

For example one with only 1, 2, or 3 leagues for managers with an older computer.

And for example one with all the recommended leagues for managers with a faster pc.

Etc.

I believe this will solve the 10.3 problem for everyone. :)

Hey Deus, enjoying my game so far with Zidane, Platini, and co. ;)

Anyway, I’ve got a few questions.

I see some poster a few posts back suggesting new names to be included in your next update. My understanding was that you picked a specific outstanding team from a particular era and created its roster, and then added some more additional players whom were considered legends of the club, even though these additions came from a different era than previously picked. This would explain why Roger Hunt is in the game despite it’s Liverpool 1983-1985. Am I right so far?

So, if a poster suggested Kunishige Kamamoto, no doubt a big name in Japan, will you add him into the database? Knowing that his club, Yanmar Diesel, no longer exists (has transformed into present-day Cerezo Osaka), and whether the club was ‘legendary’ at all, and the league that he played in, Japan Soccer League, had been disbanded long ago.

If you do add him (and others like him), then you’re adding scattered exceptional individuals, no longer adhering to adding only exceptional rosters (plus a few legends of the clubs).

If that’s the case, can I (and others) also suggest other names to be included in the update? Names that maybe unheard of in other parts of the world, but in our own home country, are considered legends nonetheless.

[...]

If you do add him (and others like him), then you’re adding scattered exceptional individuals, no longer adhering to adding only exceptional rosters (plus a few legends of the clubs).

If that’s the case, can I (and others) also suggest other names to be included in the update? Names that maybe unheard of in other parts of the world, but in our own home country, are considered legends nonetheless.

Though his focus lies on legendary teams, there are also legendary players that did great things in other / not so legendary teams. I feel that they should be included when / if they are recognized by many people for what they achieved. The choice wether to include them lies by Deus of course.

Okay. now I'm completely confused.

So, I start a new game A list comes up from top to bottom with 'database, author, version, description and editor data files'. I click the database to default and tick the change box on editor data files, right? Then I choose the legends database.

What I don't understand is, if I do it that way, how do I choose what patch to run it on??

No matter what I seem to do, it crashes after 10mins.

i don't know if anyones said anything about it yet but freddie ljungberg is still retired from international football which is disappointing to say the least

and also FallenAngel have u looked at ferencvaros and hodved for players plus a certain austrian superstar that u can get for free due to his military service. ;)

Yeah i have looked at Honved and Ferencvaros, some decent players but havent gone in for any yet. Was offered Florian Albert for £16 million but i decided against placing a bid. I might in January if AC Milans bid falls through, every other teams bid has fell through...plus he's unhappy so i could get him for a knock-off price. And who's this Austrian superstar?

Okay. now I'm completely confused.

So, I start a new game A list comes up from top to bottom with 'database, author, version, description and editor data files'. I click the database to default and tick the change box on editor data files, right? Then I choose the legends database.

What I don't understand is, if I do it that way, how do I choose what patch to run it on??

No matter what I seem to do, it crashes after 10mins.

check whats is your game version, i think check from preference there

if its 10.3, delete the game, then reinstall the game, download 10.2 patch and install it

if its 10.1 , then just download the 10.2 patch and install it

if its 10.2, then you are ready

easy

Because i created Madrid 's Ronaldo whose pace or acceleration was nowhere near inter/barca Ronnie. He is still one one of the best strikers of the game, though ;)

Fair enough. I think he was very strong though, it was one of his main attributes along with his pace and even more so when he started losing his pace. Just my opinion. :thup:

Great job by the way and hopefully I will actually be able to start playing it soon! Reinstalling now...

Trust me, even with his pace and Accel quite low he's still a great striker.

Just opened the editor to check their percentage for position rating and these seem to be the best players on the game

Think of the perfect player in this certain position as having 100%

This is fact by the way as i am literally looking at the genie right now.

Strikers

Ronaldo - 82.40%

Raul - 81.37%

Cristian Vieri - 83.55%

Gerd Muller - 83.80%

Ferenc Puskas - 81.51%

Kenny Dalglish - 83.88%

Marco Van Basten - 86.10%

Romario - 84.40%

Gabriel Batistuta - 84.21%

Pele - 91.05%

But if you want the very best then go and get Giuseppe Meazza from Inter Milans under 18 squad as he starts at 71.88% has the potential to be 92.86% and is a free from the start if you sign him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Meazza

There he is

Yeah i have looked at Honved and Ferencvaros, some decent players but havent gone in for any yet. Was offered Florian Albert for £16 million but i decided against placing a bid. I might in January if AC Milans bid falls through, every other teams bid has fell through...plus he's unhappy so i could get him for a knock-off price. And who's this Austrian superstar?

he's playing for austria vienna (wien) i believe, AM/F C, Matthias Sindelar, one of the few pre war legends :thup:

he's playing for austria vienna (wien) i believe, AM/F C, Matthias Sindelar, one of the few pre war legends :thup:

Ohh, he's on my shortlist...i am unable to get him for free, but for some reason he's transfer listed so might look to pick him up in January, he's a bargain for £4.1 million. But first i would try to have to sell one of my strikers, as i have too many at the minute, but the decision is who to sell.

Okay. I reinstalled the game with patch 10.2 and the pictures still don't correspond with the players names. Some do and some don't.

Never mind. I was being a bit thick! got it working. :thup:

Update on my game-

Bayern Munich 2 - Real Madrid 1...

It was only group stage but gives me so much confidence...and if it was 2 legs over the group stage games i would have won 2-1 on aggregate after drawing 0-0 in Madrid.

On a more annoying note Man Utd just declared intrest in Beckenbauer and he just came back saying he would be interested in a move :(, but im going to fight to keep him in Munich.

24 competitive games played so far and still no loss...woot woot, still in the German Cup, Topped my Champions League group and am top of the league.

Gerd Muller has hit 6 competitive hatricks so far, and am only in early December.

Cant wait to see who i get in the Champions league...no matter who it is it should be a good tie. UPDATE- the tie is Arsenal vs Bayern Munich. Other big ties are Porto vs Liverpool, Man Utd vs Barcelona and Marseille vs Inter.

As promised: SAVEGAME FOR FAST COMPUTERS

http://rapidshare.com/files/373520916/LegendsDatabaseBig.rar

Database Size = Large

Loaded Leagues = England, Scotland, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Holland, Hungary, Uruguay, Argentine, Brazil,

Other: fixed Trautmann's contract and footedness bugs of some players (pele, cruijff, etc.) with fmrte.

Path: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\games

If it works I will post a link in the first post and I will do the same for users with slower pc.

i'm having problems editing my Finances in Fmrt, I can edit player stats and that works but when i edit the Finances there is no change.

Has anyone experianced any similar problems with this?

Sorry i just continued my game and noticed it has worked my Apologies.

What do you mean competition names ? Never done that. I've edited awards winners...maybe you mean that ? :D And this is not half good as last year, it's much better :D

Barnsley : what do you mean with default patch ? 10.1 ? 10.2 ? 10.3 ? The db seems to work fine just with 10.2 (read the first topic, it's all written there)

I'm sure last years update you had renamed Serie A as the TIM Serie A, the EPL to Barclays Premier League etc, etc?? I'm certain that was in your update last year. There is always the possibility that I'm mad or am confused.

downloaded and worked, however my pc is slow for that

possible to do me one with

Loaded Leagues = England(league two), Germany, France, Italy, Spain,, Holland, Hungary,, Brazil - Just the top division for these lot please

Re- Post

Database Size = Large

Loaded Leagues = England, Scotland, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Holland, Hungary, Uruguay, Argentine, Brazil,

Other: fixed Trautmann's contract and footedness bugs of some players (pele, cruijff, etc.) with fmrte.

Path: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\games

If it works I will post a link in the first post and I will do the same for users with slower pc.

Somebody with 10.3 who had troubles before can tell me if it's ok now !? it's important!

Re- Post

Database Size = Large

Somebody with 10.3 who had troubles before can tell me if it's ok now !? it's important!

im on 10.3 and it seems to be working so far will let you know if i get a crash dump if it happens

Thanks mate! What happens if you click on Redknapp (the player) or Solskjaer ? Any crushdumps ? The pictures are ok or mixed up ?

can click them both without crashes!. not got the pictures downloaded and set up yet only the game.

Database Size = Large

Have just downloaded it. Thank you Deus!

Hope to play with it this weekend. :)

Ohh, he's on my shortlist...i am unable to get him for free, but for some reason he's transfer listed so might look to pick him up in January, he's a bargain for £4.1 million. But first i would try to have to sell one of my strikers, as i have too many at the minute, but the decision is who to sell.

yeah i was looking at him in december of my first season but didn't want to bid for a player thats unavailable at first then when i looked again in january i could sign him on a bosman at the end of the season so did that

at bayern i wouldn't know who to sell, i have the same problem at ajax with all my strikers so i just loaned out a few of the younger ones, try that if you have any

EDIT: has anyone mentioned that all my players pics are asian and i've found a few more players retired from international football i.e. ronald de boer, 16.

yeah i was looking at him in december of my first season but didn't want to bid for a player thats unavailable at first then when i looked again in january i could sign him on a bosman at the end of the season so did that

at bayern i wouldn't know who to sell, i have the same problem at ajax with all my strikers so i just loaned out a few of the younger ones, try that if you have any

Yeah, i have too many strikers...but some i feel are replaceable. Muller and HoeneB (cant do the last letter properly) are performing well but the other 3 that get game time have only scored about 10 between them in about 31 starts. Ohh and I love Ruud Krol, i took him off Ajax and he has formed a monster partnership with Beckenbauer :).

Edit-I dont see point loaning my strikers out as two of them are 24, so i wouldnt loan them out, especially as they are good players. And one of them is only 19 but starting about half of my games so wouldnt consider loaning him out, as he is already the third best striker in my team, and i need him as i play 3 strikers. I might sell one of my 24 year olds though.

European Players of the Year awards Have been announced

Goalkeeper Of The Year - Sepp Maier (Bayern Munich, my player) won it, which gives me a dilemma as I was going to replace him with Lev Yashin.

Germany dominated in the goalkeepers with Tim Weise and Stefan Klos coming 2nd and 3rd.

Defender Of The Year - Sergio Cervato (Fiorintina) won the award...was annoyed Beckenbauer wasnt even in the top 3. Bobby Moore and Virgilio Maroso completed the top 3.

Midfielder Of The Year - Bobby Charlton won it with Figo and Mario Zagallo both from Madrid making up 2nd and 3rd

Striker Of The Year - Dennis Bergkamp took the prize, with Ronaldo coming second and Gerd Muller (from my team) coming third...but im expecting Muller to take the golden boot as he has a goal a game ratio...much better than Bergkamp and just beating Ronaldo.

Edit and Question for Deus - Just went back and had a look at Mathias Sindelar, the player on Military service, yet he has been playing regularly for his club...is that an error or does his service start a few months into the game? Im just confused as he has played 23 games by January.

I've been playing on Patch 10.2 i did try on patch 10.3 initialy but got crash dumps so i Reinstalled on my external hard drive and just play with 10.2 on that hard drive.

If anyone has any tips to get it working on 10.3 that would be great.

Yep, I am on the 10.3 patch. As for the pictures, there is a chance that I have missed some because I would have never seen most of these player being only 15, but I checked a few against Wikipedia and it seems okay.

Just started my new game with the 10.3 patch and your 10.2 based savegame. It seems to work well, though I did find a strange thing allready.

The Champions League qualification rounds are being played. Though Alessio Ballanti, 34 (Tre Fiori), is listed as the oldest active CL player, I received a news item that Ivan Janjusevic, 22 (Mogren), is now the record holder. Any thoughts on how this is possible / what is causing this?

Being able to play with Johan Cruijff, Johan Neeskens, etc, is just fabulous!! :D

It's normal because "real" champion's league "oldest/youngest player ever" have been erased (like walcott, or ballotta, etc.) , so when the first champion's league round (in august) have been played the game automatically set the youngest/oldest players of the participating teams like the oldest/youngest player ever :)