Score as many goals as you can - Game Thread

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Initially when i read Garrich Nominski had been twinned with Pompey I didn’t hold out too much hope for the man young, but then reasoned that if he was good enough he’d play and surely he’d get a game ahead of Grampa Kanu. My next concern was that the team wouldn’t supply him with enough opportunities to score – I was eventually to be proved wrong .

Of course Garrich started slowly – at the end of the first update he’d scored 1 in 2 games and was then injured for 4 weeks. When he came back he pushed his total to 8 in 8 – only to be followed with a 6 week lay off. Third update and 4 in 8 plus a 8 week lay off – anybody else get a similar pattern? Or is it the AI dealing with the attributes and age? I’ve always wondered about this when playing FM – a wonderkid goes on a run of good form gets injured then picks up again. Is it just me?

For the remainder of the season Nominski does better than a goal a game and bags 15 in 13 games and finishes with 28 in 31.

What’s next for Garrich? well purely down to my own fault he’s up for the vote. If he survives i think he’ll be snapped up – Pompey are in administration and need the money. He could be partnering your player next season – what a pairing that could be!!!!

Sent my nominations. I support you totally on the final four players you chose - it's a pain when folk don't contribute.

I know what you mean, but sometimes people havnt been signed in, but when you can see them posting elsewhere on the forum, makes you wonder why they bothered signing up in the first place.

and no offense to Northerm Lights, but wtf is that gibberish. Its like you want us to think you've been reading it all, but you probably havnt and just read through it all now. Didnt really want to say anything, but i just had to

I know what you mean, but sometimes people havnt been signed in, but when you can see them posting elsewhere on the forum, makes you wonder why they bothered signing up in the first place.

and no offense to Northerm Lights, but wtf is that gibberish. Its like you want us to think you've been reading it all, but you probably havnt and just read through it all now. Didnt really want to say anything, but i just had to

Fair enough your entitled to your opinion

I know for a fact all four have posted in other threads, otherwise they would not have been nominated.

Northern Lights - welcome to the thread. Whether you have been following all along or only just read through it, it is good to see you here all the same.

When I do the FMX-Factor, I give the user name of the person who created the players as well. It helps with deciding which of the non-contributors people want to vote for.

Thanks mate, i have added this into the nominations list. Im hoping this is what you meant and. Appreciate the advice:thup:

What’s next for Garrich? well purely down to my own fault he’s up for the vote. If he survives i think he’ll be snapped up – Pompey are in administration and need the money. He could be partnering your player next season – what a pairing that could be!!!!

Garrich Nominski almost single handedly hauled Portsmouth to tenth in the league. They have not gone into administration as has been expected,

Not sure where you got that from mate, but they are ok financially just now.

StewartJRobertson - Did You Receive My Nomination And Message?

Yes mate i got your message. No worries at all and thanks very much.

I might be reading it wrong but i think you have only nominated one person. The second person you mention, im not sure if you mean to nominate him or not. Can you do me a favour and just confirm the two people you want to nominate for me.

Cheers bud.

So far i have received nominations from the following people:

hrbfcrule

B.W.G.

Charlesbeams

Mr_icecream2

Skullage

Three Days Grace FTW

Yakutz

Bergtaur

Northern Lights

-lewis-16-

Lower Leagues Rule

Greasy Chip Butty

5ergio

barry the second

DB1

Bliop

Pluckaduck

Fausto

croman.TIR669

magvest

hilly boro

fergysafc

BenCraig7

cookie15

Dees-Blake

If the results are in well before thursday, i will endeavour to post the update earlier as well. I cant make any promises though.

Id also like to thank everyone for their contribution to the thread and for some of the lovely messages i have been receiving. It makes doing sign ups worthwhile.

Can i say special thanks to Lower Leagues Rule and Greasy Chip Butty. Support from you guys is greatly appreciated. You guys are well respected in these forums and its real nice to have your support. Cheers.

Well happy with promotion. Will be interesting what happens to Solo next.

Staying with WBA means maybe a struggle in the Prem but don't really fancy a move to HSV. Would rather stay in England.

Great thread KUTGW

NOminations sent

Not a problem. It's good to see a 'newbie' come onto CSE and make a good start like you have. I got some good feedback from the regulars a year or so ago and I'd like to think I can encourage others now I've done a few myself. This is a really promising start so I hope you keep at it.

Thanks mate, i have added this into the nominations list. Im hoping this is what you meant and. Appreciate the advice:thup:

And that's exactly what I meant. It makes it easier for folk to link the player to the user without needing to look.

Did I say something wrong? You said you'll be posting a few screenshots in your update, I thought we could maybe ask to see our players attributes. All I was saying was I'd like to see them, if you were intending on posting them at some point :confused:

Did I say something wrong? You said you'll be posting a few screenshots in your update, I thought we could maybe ask to see our players attributes. All I was saying was I'd like to see them, if you were intending on posting them at some point :confused:

Not at all :D Your profile is in the same link as Ivan Matkovics above.

Hmm not sure if meant to post to youtube or not :p but you did.

Also i presume we'll have screenshots of all players on the thursday or friday?

Exactly. When the end of season update is posted, everyone will have screenshots of their players. And yes, the link is correct :thup:

I lol'd :D

I have read this: And so season 1 ends. This is what happens next. I will post an updated scoring table very shortly as per usual. I am then going to post a list of players who are up for nomination., OFC skipped the screenshots part. :D

Sorry, mate ;)

OK we are nearly there with the nominations. Only waiting on 5 and 3 of those havent had any involvement in the sign up so far so im not expecting much. If the other two get back to me then i should be able to get the update posted tomorrow. Im eager to get going on the new season.

Ok, including my own votes, i have 26 participants votes in. I dont think the results provide too many surprises. 26 people had 2 votes each. They were distributed fairly conclusively. I am calling this vote closed a day early unless someone gets back to me in the time it takes me to piece the update together. (doing screenshots always takes me a while).

Once the update is done i will post it immediately. It will be at some point this afternoon.

SEASON REVIEW 09/10

Ben Craig (Ben Craig7) – History

Ben Craig started the season with a cruciate ligament injury picked up in training before a competitive ball was kicked. Returning to fitness 8 months later, he looked promising for Hull scoring 6 goals in 7 games. It was not enough to save Hull from relegation. Ben Craig may benefit from a year in the Championship if he is to catch up on his rival strikers.

Alex Parker (hrbfcrule)History

The Blackburn frontman spent a combined four months on the sidelines through injury. His scoring record was not quite good enough, managing 14 league goals in 24 league games (inclusive of 1 sub appearance) Parker never featured in any cup matches for Blackburn. He has a lot to prove if he is still in the competition next season

Jimmy McNulty (Yakutz) - History

Jimmy McNulty had a frustrating start to the season. Kept out of the Liverpool first team by an in form Fernando Torres, he struggled to settle at Anfield. McNulty spent 3 months on the sidelines through injury, but may not have played at all if Torres had been fully fit all season. McNulty started 16 league games for Liverpool and made 4 substitute appearances, scoring 16 goals. McNulty also made 5 appearances in Europe, scoring 2. He will need regular first team football next year, and if he gets it, he has shown he can keep up with the rest of the group.

Theo Tsotetsi (Lower Leagues Rule) - History

Tsotetsi played well for Man Utd this season. There is a wealth of competition at Old Trafford, so its impressive that he made 24 league starts scoring 17 goals. 5 goals in 6 cup games don’t count in this challenge, but still show his promise and ability. Tsotetsi and Man Utd added the FA Cup to their league triumph with Tsotetsi scoring in the final. Tsotetsi is one of only a handful who have broke onto the international scene, making 3 appearances for England. Roughly 4 months worth of injury hampered Tsotetsi this season. Has work to do if he is to contend with the likes of Vasilev and Burrows.

Dees Blake (Dees-Blake) - History

Barcelona are monitoring Dees Blake, which says a lot about the youngsters ability. Blake spent only a month out through injury, which meant he managed to play in 32 of Burnleys league games. Considering Burnleys poor form led to them getting relegated, Blake should be happy with his 18 goals in those matches. He also played 2 cup matches, scoring 2 goals. The big decision Blake faces is whether to move on, or have a bash at the championship where he will surely be hitting the net regularly.

Tom Skull (Skullage) – History

Starting the season at Man City, Skull was quickly loaned out for an initial 6 months to Newcastle where he teamed up with fellow wonderkid, Valentin Vasilev. Skull definitely enjoyed his time at St James Park scoring 13 goals in 18 league games. Newcastle offered to extend his loan to the end of the season, but City refused. On his return to City, Skull was in blinding form, scoring 5 in 4 games before injury struck. A broken leg meant his season was over in January. Skull can score goals with any team and will challenge the top of the scoring charts if he can recover from his leg break.

Luke Swinson (Three Days Grace FTW) – History

19 league goals in 31 league games does not tell the whole story of Luke Swinsons season. The 17 year old was blistering in cup competition for Wolves with 7 in 8. He played a big part in assuring Wolves place in the Premier League this season and is one of the Barcelona Brigade. With just over a month worth of injuries, Swinson has kept himself in relatively good condition. He may need a move to be given the service he needs to top our scoring charts though.

Marcus Van Der Cook (cookie15) - History

Van Der Cook might be disappointed that he only managed 20 goals in 29 games for Swansea, but when you take into account his 4 months of injuries, it sheds a different light on his season. Van Der Cook had agreed terms with Shakhtar Donetsk in February and was all set for a £3million move until he fractured his skull. The move was cancelled and Van Der Cook and Swansea were stuck together in a disappointing 12th place in the Championship. I don’t think he’ll be there for long with HSV, PSV, Barcelona, Ajax, Shakhtar and the mighty West Brom all sniffing around for a summer signature.

Stewart Robertson (stewartjrobertson) - History

The Doncaster wonderkid scored 13 in 16 for his Championship strugglers before winning a move to Chelsea where he struggled for a regular place. 7 in 9 for Chelsea but would have been a lot better if he could get a regular start for the blues. 3 months of injury this season and unless Robertson stays healthy and starts games, he could find himself gone next season.

Michael Chopra God (bluebirdsforlife) - History

2 and a half months of injury left Chopra God with 20 goals in 24 league games. He was impressive in the cups for Chelsea adding 6 in 7. Chopra God really felt at home on the international scene though. He scored a phenomenal 5 goals in 4 games and could well be important in the World Cup. Chelsea struggled domestically this season finishing 8th in the league and the only silverware they go home with is the Community Shield.

Acidburnaldinho (acidburn) - History

22 goals in 30 league games plus 6 in 7 cup games. 1 Youth cap for England where he scored a hat trick. European Striker of the year award. English league cup runners up with Wigan.

Faustino Perez (Fausto) - History

Fausto scored 22 goals in 30 league appearances. West Ham didn’t use him at all in the cup, preferring to keep the youngster fresh for the league. Fausto has also appeared 3 times for England under 21s scoring…wait for it… 7 goals. Surely not long before this young man breaks into the big time. No transfer interest at the moment, but I wouldn’t be too confident of keeping him if I was a West Ham fan. One injury kept Faust out for 6 weeks this season.

Liam Ferguson (fergysafc) - History

8 goals in 8 England u21 appearances put Liam Fergusons name in the minds of managers up and down the country. Ferguson moved to Atletico Madrid in January scoring 8 in 12 for them after a successful period at Middlesbrough where he bagged 14 in 16. It feels like he has more to offer and may not stay in Madrid long. Injuries kept Ferguson out for roughly 2 months this season.

Will Richardson (B.W.G) - History

Had a hard time from fans who said he was inconsistent for Everton this year, but at the end of the day his goal tally is impressive for the toffees. 23 goals in 31 league games with a further 10 scored in 12 continental matches. Not too shabby. 2 red cards this season lead to him being banned for the first three games of the new campaign. Almost injury free with only a dead leg and a virus causing him any problems. Part of Barcelonas ridiculous shortlist.

Sergio Gonzalez (5ergio) – History

Starting out so promisingly with Stoke, Gonzalez was plagued with injuries which limited his appearances this season. 13 weeks out at crucial periods meant Gonzalez only managed 26 league games for Stoke. He didn’t let it faze him and banged in 24 goals in those games as Stoke had a season beyond all expectation. A European campaign beckons and Stoke will be trying to hold onto their star man.

Ben Spicer (Spicer) - History

Arsenal forward scored 25 in 36 league games adding an impressive 12 in 11 continental games and 2 in 2 international appearances.

Magnus Vestergaard (MagVest) - History

Just a couple of minor injuries for Vestergaard this season and nothing that kept him out for any great length of time. Sunderland wrapped him in cotton wool for cup games, only unleashing him in the league. Vestergaard played well all year with 25 goals in 35 games. Barcelona are sniffing around, but to be fair that can be said of just about everyone. I don’t think Magnus would do himself any harm with another season at the Stadium of Light.

Luca Ruffini (charlesbeams) - History

Big impact for Italy U21s this year with 9 goals in 6 caps. Ruffini had a comfortable league campaign for Aston Villa missing only 3 weeks through injury and scoring 25 goals in 35 games. If all goals counted in this sign up, Ruffini would be near the top of the charts. He bagged 38 goals in all domestic competitions this season. Possibly one to watch next year.

Jeff Jeffries (barrythesecond) – History

Niggling injuries kept Jeffries out for just over a month in total, but his form for Birmingham was never affected. 25 goals in 32 games is an impressive start to the competition. The young forward is starting to gain recognition for his efforts with a couple of caps for England U21s. Barcelona must have many scouts, as Jeffries is another on their endless list of targets.

Ivan Matkovic (croman.TIR669) – History

Outstanding form for Leicester with 17 goals in 18 league games led to Matkovic earning a transfer to Italian sleeping giants, Sampdoria. He has struggled to find the same kind of form that earned him the move though with only 10 goals in 20 games in italy. A lot more will be expected of him in the new season, but Serie A may not be the place to score goals.

Mike Hill (hilly boro) - History

Mike Hill seemed to quietly keep himself to himself this season, but his stats are something to behold. 27 goals in 35 games for Tottenham with 7 man of the match awards, 6 goals in 2 youth caps and only 4 days out with a dead leg. Hill is a player in this sign up, make no mistake. I predict Hill will be near the top of the charts next season if he can keep injury free.

Luigi Superhans (-lewis-16-)- History

Probably the most impressive youngster playing at England youth levels. In 7 U21 caps, Superhans has knocked in 14 goals. League form for Bolton has been consistently good also, with 27 goals in 34 league games. Not a single injury all season. Not even so much as a cold. This must add to him being named European Striker of the Year Runner Up. A lot more to come for Superhans I feel, but will it be at the Reebok Stadium?

Chip Butty (Greasy Chip Butty) – History

Starting with Cardiff City, Butty had a stuttering start to his career. An 8 week injury lay off meant he was playing catch up with the rest of the starlets in the sign up. By January, Butty had scored 11 goals in 16 games for Cardiff, enough to catch the eye of Middlesbrough scouts who signed him as a replacement for the departing Liam Ferguson. Butty scored 17 in 20 for Boro and Ferguson was soon forgotten about. Boro finished the season in fifth, one place above Cardiff. I wonder how long it’ll be before Butty moves on again.

Garrich Nominski (Northerm Lights) - History

28 goals in 31 games is just an incredible record for Nominski. Portsmouth have him to thank for their good showing in the league this year. No question! Nominski suffered three injuries which kept him out for nearly 3 months throughout the course of the season. I doubt it will be long before a bigger club come after him.

Sam Fisher (themakam) – History

Fulham striker on great form, 29 in 35 league games, 40 in 50 in all competitions.

Davidus Solo (DB1) – History

West Brom striker Solo suffered seven separate injuries keeping him out for a total of about 4 months. Still managing 30 goals in 34 games for the Championship winners, Solo is attracting interest from German side HSV. Will he move or will he fancy a crack at the Premiership? 1 cap for England U21s

Ryan Bergman (Bergtaur) – History

An inspirational player for Nottingham Forest, Ryan Bergman floated around the top end of the scoring charts all season. 33 goals in 40 league games despite 10 weeks of injury. Im surprised Bergman hung around all season at Forest and I would think he will move on in the summer with Stoke, HSV, Barcelona and shakhtar all interested. Forest win automatic promotion to the Premier League.

Auric Goldfinger (Mr_icecream2) - History

At one point it seemed Goldfinger would struggle in this competition. A late run of form at Blackpool just in time for the January transfer window led to him moving to Sheffield Utd as Tyler Burrows replacement. His arrival at Utd signalled an upturn in form for both player and club. Sheffield Utd won promotion through the playoffs and also added the League cup to an impressive season. Goldfinger scored 19 league goals for his new club taking his season total to 34.

Valentin Vasilev (Bliop) – History

Vasilev started at Newcastle and gound himself with a competitive partnership when Tom Skull joined on loan. He scored 18 in 22 for Newcastle before deserting them for Real Madrid in the transfer of the season by a country mile. He settled with ease at Madrid and if anything, was more impressive at his new club. 17 goals in 16 games is just fantastic. Newcastle struggled after the starlets left and will still be in the Championship next season after losing in the playoffs. Only 4 weeks out all season through injury. Vasilev has scored 3 in 2 for England U21s. A big contender in this sign up.

Tyler Burrows (Pluckaduck) – History

Starting the season at Sheffield United, Burrows attracted a great deal of interest with his scoring exploits. He scored 19 in 23 league games for Utd before a multi-million pound move to Benfica where he bagged 19 in 25 for them. His fitness was incredible as he played an unthinkable 48 league games in total scoring a table topping 38 goals. Player of the sign up for this season.

Results were fairly conclusive. Each person had two votes and 26 people voted. One person only gave me one name but thats cool as they were voting on the move as i understand it.

Receiving the fewest votes was Ben Craig of Hull. Only 3 of you showed no sympathy to Craigs injury troubles and he will be around next season.

Garrich Nominski's late showing in the thread seemed to save him as only four of you voted him off.

Alex Parker was on poor form for Blackburn and 9 of you wanted him gone. Parker gets a reprieve this season, but only just.

The other three were very close.

Non contributors Sam Fisher (themakam) and Ben Spicer (spicer) both received 12 votes each

Acidburnaldinho (acidburn) came in just behind with 11.

Im making an executive decision and binning all three!

Roll on next season!!!

Nice first season.

Best of luck to Ben Craig for next year. May you get injuries like us all, but nothing as nasty as you has last year.

Will be interesting summer i think for transfers. Maybe a few crock strike pairings at the big clubs, can't see many small clubs keeping hold of the stars.

But will our injuries put them off?

Hope that table isn't gonna happen in real life, My beloved reds down in 7th Chesea in 8th ( Thats ok!!!!!) and stoke 5th!!!!

Woop woop, it's back. C'mon Super Chip, Championship top goalscorer this season please. Ignore the Premier League giants for now young man.

p.s. Blades win the League Cup with Ched Evans on the scoresheet? Are you sure?

1. Ched never scores.

2. Blades making a final? Never.

3. Blades beating Wigan? Never.

4. Blades not bottling it in the big game? Never.

That's a bug. Let SI know ASAP!

Archived