Q.P.R - New Manager New Challenges

funkybradley

5.15pm Saturday 24th September 05

I was about as nervous as I’d been all season as we were only 15 minutes away from my first televised match as a manager.

“Ok, boys this is the ideal chance to show the country what a good side we are…Don’t even f**king think of losing this one…We haven’t lost all season and we don’t want to now, not in front of the cameras….This will be the first time a lot of people will have seen you play….Show them what I already know that you’re a cracking bunch of footballers.â€

The starting eleven is:

S.Carson GK, M.Wilson RB, D.Murphy LB, D.Shittu CB, Z.Diamond CB, N.Dyer RM, D.Limbersky LM, D.Potter CM, E.Mobali CM, H.Almeida CF and R.Beniusis CF.

And on the bench:

P.Kok GK, G.Kenneth CB, R.Urban AMC, B.K.Ingebretsen LM/FC and D.Pessarossi CF.

Decided to go with my strongest side, the one shock being Pessarossi dropping to the bench with Almeida starting after his hatrick midweek.

5.30pm

Coca Cola Championship Match 10

Coventry City Vs Q.P.R. (Live On Sky Sports 1)

Kick Off:

A.Hayward starts the match off….1st minute…Mobali picked up the ball midway in the Coventry half slid the ball to Almeida, who’s first time pass found Beniusis…He shoots…..Goal!!! 1-0 What a great start…I can’t believe my luck…It’s helped to calm my nerves in front of the cameras….10 minutes….McSheffrey breaks through….Just Diamond to beat….Diamond forcing him out wide….Whack….The referees blow his whistle…it’s a free kick, looked inside the box maybe I got lucky on that one as the free kick sailed harmlessly wide….28 minutes…Limbersky crosses to the near post….Beniusis gets his head on it…hits the inside of the post and over the line…Goal!!! 2-0 come on lads!!! 36 minutes Murphy slides in Almeida …he turns and shoots….hard and low….past the keeper…Goal!!!! 3-0….39 minute Limbersky whips in another near post cross…Beniusis again gets his head on it….Goal!!! 4-0…An Incredible hatrick for Beniusis …The half time whistle blows.

Coventry City – 0

Q.P.R. – 4

“F**k me lads I wasn’t expecting this…For once I don’t know what to say…Just don’t let it slip…Just keep doing your stuff.â€

Kick Off:

The second half is a much quieter affair Coventry to there credit tried to have a go at us but couldn’t get anything out of my mean defence...61st minute Beniusis booked for holding Davenport….I made my only substitution in the 82 minutes swapping Limbersky for Ingebretsen…The second half failed to live up to the first half very little in goal mouth action

Final Score

Coventry City – 0

Q.P.R. – 4 (Beniusis 1,28,39 Almeida 36)

M.O.M – Beniusis (Q.P.R.)

Attendance 24,748

“Well done boys…4-0 on tv as well couldn’t be happier you all did me proud…Watford bring it on!â€

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Plymouth | | 10 | 6 | 3 | 1 | 17 | 6 | +11 | 21 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Q.P.R. | | 10 | 5 | 5 | 0 | 18 | 6 | +12 | 20 |

| 3rd | | Norwich | | 10 | 5 | 4 | 1 | 15 | 8 | +7 | 19 |

| 4th | | Sheff Utd | | 10 | 5 | 2 | 3 | 8 | 11 | -3 | 17 |

| 5th | | Crystal Palace | | 10 | 4 | 4 | 2 | 12 | 5 | +7 | 16 |

| 6th | | Luton | | 10 | 4 | 4 | 2 | 16 | 14 | +2 | 16 |

| 7th | | Brighton | | 10 | 5 | 1 | 4 | 12 | 11 | +1 | 16 |

| 8th | | Leeds | | 10 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 12 | 7 | +5 | 15 |

| 9th | | Wolves | | 10 | 5 | 0 | 5 | 14 | 17 | -3 | 15 |

| 10th | | Cardiff | | 10 | 3 | 5 | 2 | 11 | 9 | +2 | 14 |

| 11th | | Southampton | | 10 | 4 | 2 | 4 | 9 | 7 | +2 | 14 |

| 12th | | Coventry | | 10 | 4 | 2 | 4 | 15 | 15 | 0 | 14 |

| 13th | | Derby | | 10 | 4 | 2 | 4 | 8 | 8 | 0 | 14 |

| 14th | | Ipswich | | 10 | 3 | 4 | 3 | 17 | 19 | -2 | 13 |

| 15th | | Preston | | 10 | 3 | 3 | 4 | 10 | 9 | +1 | 12 |

| 16th | | Stoke | | 10 | 2 | 5 | 3 | 15 | 16 | -1 | 11 |

| 17th | | Leicester | | 10 | 3 | 2 | 5 | 14 | 15 | -1 | 11 |

| 18th | | Hull | | 10 | 3 | 2 | 5 | 11 | 14 | -3 | 11 |

| 19th | | Crewe | | 10 | 2 | 4 | 4 | 11 | 17 | -6 | 10 |

| 20th | | Watford | | 10 | 2 | 4 | 4 | 8 | 15 | -7 | 10 |

| 21st | | Sheff Wed | | 10 | 1 | 6 | 3 | 16 | 17 | -1 | 9 |

| 22nd | | Burnley | | 10 | 2 | 3 | 5 | 5 | 12 | -7 | 9 |

| 23rd | | Millwall | | 10 | 1 | 4 | 5 | 9 | 18 | -9 | 7 |

| 24th | | Reading | | 10 | 0 | 6 | 4 | 9 | 16 | -7 | 6 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

Saturday 24th September 05

Pre Match Interview

“A great win today for you Paul, what are your thoughts?â€

“Well what can I say? The boys all did me proud, it’s the first time we’ve played on tv this season and so the first time a lot of people will have seen some of my players perform, now they know what I know they’re a very good side.â€

“Where does the season go from here for you Paul? You’ve played down promotion in the past, can you do it?â€

“It’s going to by a very tough task to go up, it’s my first year in management and a lot of the boys first season in England, but you never know in football. I didn’t think we would go this long undefeated and didn’t expect to be this high in the table so who knows.â€

“What is the secret to success in this league Paul?â€

“I don’t know of any secrets, we are where we are through the hard work of myself the coaches the players then fans everyone connected to the club, no secrets.â€

“Thanks for your time.â€

“And you.â€

Monday 26th September 05

Shittu and Beniusis were both named in the Coca Cola Championship team of the week.

2pm Tuesday 27th September 05

Torrie informed me earlier in the day that the club had received a resignation letter from Candice. She doesn’t know any of the details of the letter only that she will not be returning to work to serve any of her notice. Maybe it’s to do with LK, maybe it’s not, but for now at least I’ll just have to take his word that what he’s told me is the truth. I try not to think about it to much as need to concentrate on the team and our match tonight against Watford.

7.30pm Tuesday 27th September 05

“Ok boys you’ve been fantastic all season, lets stop now, we need as many points on the board as we can, a bad run can come at any time, lets just not let it start now.â€

The starting eleven are:

S.Carson GK, M.Wilson RB, D.Murphy LB, D.Shittu CB, Z.Diamond CB, N.Dyer RM, D.Limbersky (Cap) LM, R.Urban CM, E.Mobali CM, H.Almeida CF and D.Pessarossi CF.

And on the bench:

P.Kok GK, G.Kenneth CB, D.Potter MRC, B.K.Ingebretsen LM/FC and R.Beniusis CF.

Just a couple of chances with Urban coming in for Potter and Almeida starting in place of Beniusis.

The match didn’t start well with Almeida having to come of after 4 minutes following an elbow from Mackay, Beniusis takes his place. We took the lead in the 28th minute after Mobali played in Beniusis whose finish found the back of the net. Goal!!! There wasn’t long to wait for the next goal, in the 20th Beniusis got his head on the end of Wilson’s cross to put The R’s two goals ahead. Goal!!! Watford came into the match after this but failed to get any rewards for their good play. Half Time

Q.P.R - 2

Watford – 0

The second half was a rather lame affair, with neither side creating many chances. Not that I was complaining as we had a two goal lead. Full Time

Final Score:

Q.P.R. – 2

Watford – 0

M.O.M – (Beniusis) Q.P.R.

Attendance 19,112

“Good result boys and well played, keep it going it going. We have a tough match against Derby on Saturday and we’ll have to play better to get something from them, but we got the points today and that’s what matters most.â€

10pm Wednesday 28th September 05

Injury Update

I was informed earlier today that Almeida would be out of action for between 3 weeks and a month with a fracture check bone. Wilson was injured during training and will be out for between 5 days and 2 weeks with a bruised rib.

On a more positive note Bean resumed training today.

European Update:

The following where played on either Tuesday 27th or Wednesday 28th September.

Olmpiakos 1 Liverpool 3

Club Brugge 0 Arsenal 0

Monaco 0 Everton 0

KF Tirana 1 Manchester United 4

Udinese 0 Chelsea 2

10am Saturday 1st October 05

Monthly Awards

Myself and the rest of the squad where in our hotel in Derby, when I was informed of the monthly awards. Beniusis was named Championship player of the month and Diamond was the runner up for The Championship young player of the month award. Me….Yes me…Won The Championship manager of the month award…I was pleased to have won my first award but I know only to well I’m only as good as my last result. September had been a great month for the club, now I have to make sure that October is even better.

2.45pm Saturday 1st October 05

“Ok boys this our last match for 2 weeks with the international break on the way…Lets not lose the momentum now, the right result today and we can go top of the pile…looking down on the rest of the league.â€

The starting eleven is:

S.Carson GK, M.Bignot RB, D.Murphy LB, D.Shittu CB, Z.Diamond CB, N.Dyer RM, D.Limbersky (Cap) LM, R.Urban CM, E.Mobali CM, R.Beniusis CF and D.Pessarossi CF.

And on the bench:

P.Kok GK, G.Kenneth CB, D.Potter MRC, B.K.Ingebretsen LM/FC and R.Lawen.

Bignot and Beniusis start coming in for the injured Wilson and Almeida.

Kick Off:

The match started of at a slow pace with nothing really happening until the 34th minute when Mobali was booked for a foul on Smith…41st Minute…Mobali splits the Derby defence with a nicely weighted pass Pessarossi latched on to it and fired the ball home with real venom. Goal!!!...In first half injury time, Shittu brings down Smith and a free kick to Derby is awarded… Idiakez, stands over the ball 25 yards from goal..Steps up…Bends the ball around the wall and into the back of Carson’s net. Goal!!!! Half Time

Derby County – 1

Q.P.R. – 1

“We got sloppy boys and we can’t afford to give free kicks away around the area with some one like Idiakez on the pitch, he has the quality to punish anyone. Lets step it up a gear and get all 3 points.â€

Kick Off:

Both teams tried and both failed in the quest to get a second and winning goal in a closely fought second half. I swapped Dyer and Limbersky for Ingebretsen and Lawen in the 73rd minute, with Lawen playing upfront in a three man attack. Although we tried hard we still couldn’t find a way past Camp in goal, leaving both teams to share the points.

Final Score:

Derby County – 1 (Idiakez 45)

Q.P.R. – 1 (Pessarossi 41)

M.O.M. – I.Idiakez (Derby Couny)

Attendance 30,475

“Ok, lads not the best performance but a scrappy point is a good one away from home. We have two weeks now to prepare for Burnley so let’s make sure we get 3 points then. And anyone called up for International Duty try and stay clear of injuries we have a busy end to the month and I’ll need as many of you fit as possible.â€

Results did go our way and we finished the day top of The Championship. Here are some of the results from today’s matches. Leeds United 5 Millwall 0, Sheffield United 4 Brighton 3

2pm Tuesday 4th October 05

Injury Update

Had some bad news with Pessarossi getting injured in training and being ruled out for between 5 days and 3 weeks with a sprained neck. Not what I need with Almeida already out, luckily we don’t play until the 15th so maybe able to get a loan in for extra cover.

International Call Ups

Ukah, Limbersky, Potter, Diamond, Kenneth, Ingebretsen and Carson. Were all called up by their countries for the up and coming fixtures.

2pm Wednesday 5th October 05

More Call Ups

Lomas and Beniusis were both called up to the main squad by their countries for their World Cup Qualifiers.

Loan Renewals

I have been in contact with Liverpool over extending the loan periods for both Carson and Potter. Liverpool have agreed to both, just have to hope that they both want to stay on.

2pm Friday 7th October 05

I was informed earlier that all of my players called up by the under 21’s played, but that we had picked up another injury. Limbersky one of my key players this season being ruled out for 5 days to two weeks with a gashed arm. Sissy surely up can play on with that.

5pm Saturday 8th October 05

England March On

England continued their good form of later with a 2-0 home win over Austria, with Beckham and Lampard getting the goals. N.Ireland lost 1-0 at home to Wales.

2 Players Return

Bircham and Wilson both returned to training today, he’ll have to fight to get back in the team following the signing I was forced into making following his injury.

The Liverpool Lads Are Staying

Carson and Potter both agreed today to extend their loans for a further 3 months. Ideally I’d like to buy them as both are transfer listed just don’t have the funds at the moment.

New Boy Upfront?

Middlesbrough have agreed to me loaning Slovakian International striker Nemeth, I should hear back from him in the next couple of days.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10pm Wednesday 12th October 05

England Through To World Cup

England finished their final group match in real style beating Poland 5-2 at home. Owen 2, Smith, Gerrard and Heskey the goal scorers.

In other news Nemeth joined The R’s today on loan and will be looking to make his debut this Saturday against Burnley.

3pm Saturday 15th October 05

“Ok lads there has been a bit of a gap between matches but don’t forget what we’ve been going through in training. I know the injuries we’ve picked up latterly haven’t helped but I know for a fact you guys are more than good enough to get the 3 points today.â€

The starting eleven is:

S.Carson GK, M.Wilson RB, D.Murphy LB, D.Shittu (Cap) CB, Z.Diamond CB, N.Dyer RM, B.K.Ingebretsen LM, R.Urban CM, E.Mobali CM, R.Beniusis CF and R.Lawen CF

And on the bench:

P.Kok GK, G.Kenneth CB, D.Potter MRC, M.Bean CM and S.Nemeth CF.

Coca Cola Championship Match 13

Q.P.R. Vs Burnley

Kick Off:

The R’s got off to the perfect start when on 2 minutes Lawen’s cross to the far post was met on the volley by Dyer to put the hosts in front. Goal!! Urban picked a yellow card for a booking in the 21st minute for a foul on Spicer.

Half Time

Q.P.R. – 1

Burnley – 0

The second half saw very little in the way of action or excitement. Murphy picked up a knock in the 73rd minute and was replaced by Kenneth. Potter and Nemeth also came on for Mobali and Lawen.

Final Score

Q.P.R. – 1 {Dyer 2)

Burnley – 0

M.O.M. – M.Wilson (Q.P.R.)

Attendance 18,616

“Well done lads another 3 points in the bag, just keep it going an anything is possible.â€

The win kept us top of The Championship, a few other results from today’s matches include C.Palace 3 Preston 1 and Plymouth 0 Leeds United 3.

2pm Sunday 16th October 05

I’m at home with LK, and I’ve decided enough is enough on the whole Candice episode.

“LK, take a seat we need to talk.†LK makes his way over and sits at the dinner table opposite me.

“What is it you wanted to talk about mate?â€

“Candice.â€

“Oh, for f**k sake I’ve already told you want happened.â€

“There’s more to it and you know LK, why would she just leave here job and not work any notice, straight after you took her out?â€

“I don’t know, what do you want me to say?â€

“The f**king truth! LK just tell me what happened.â€

“Why do you want to know?â€

“Because she is a nice girl and was an employee at my work. I love you mate, you know that, respect me enough to tell me the truth you know I have your back.â€

“I f**ked her.â€

“You f**ked her and what?â€

“I don’t know, she got all funny after saying I got her drunk to get her into bed.â€

“And did you?â€

LK laughs. “Yeah, why not, I wanted a f**k it’s no big deal. I didn’t rape her or anything, just added the odd shot into her drinks.â€

“F**king hell, you’re a f**king idiot sometimes. I let you move in and said keep out of trouble I don’t need you ****ing things up for me.â€

“Sorry bruv, I really am. I was just having a joke and thought I’d give her and myself a good time. Look if I knew it would cause all this s**t I wouldn’t have done it. I do like her and would have taken her out again. She could have said no.â€

“And you could have made sure she wasn’t completely p**sed out of head.â€

“That’s life **** happens. I won’t do it again.â€

“You better f**king not, I’m not going to tell Torrie or anyone what you did and if you tell anyone I know I’ll deny it. Just behave for f**k sake. I’m in the public eye and anyone associated with me doing stupid stuff like that could get me sacked. You’re a f**king c**t for what you did, but your family and I forgive you, but this really is your last chance.â€

“I’m sorry really I am; no more slip ups I promise.â€

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived