The Road to FootballMania

SEASON ONE

ARE YOU

200px-Tough_Enough_Logo.jpg

Gentlemen, welcome to the first step on your road to footballing immortality. The 20 of you represent the best young talents in the world of football and you know that one day you will be competing on the biggest stage of them all. But every journey starts with one small step and for you, that step is the proving ground of the Blue Square North and South. Here how it will work

This season is about impressing the higher ups in the world of football, therefore the only thing you need to be concerned with is your overall ratings The lowest face and heel will be eliminated.

But that is not all! To prove that you can make it in the world of pro footballing, you need to show that you have a personality more than that of a brick wall. As such, each face and each heel will need to send me a promo about why you feel like you should be the world footballing champion. PLEASE keep it close to your alignment! Faces should cut face type promos, looks at people like the Hogan's the Stings' and such. Heels should sound like heels.

I will rate the promos 1-20 and that may help to save you in the ratings The best promo will earn 20 points, second 19, and so on. Those numbers will be added to your rating and the lowest face and heel are going home.

I wish all of you the best of luck and now let the proving ground known as CSE Tough Enough begin!

Ok, the promo should be text based. You should make it up and tell me why you think you deserve to win. The reason I put the suggestions in the opening post was for those of you who aren't wrestling fans to get an idea of the style I'm looking for. It should be you thoughts, in text form, as to why you should be crowned the first ever CSE World Champion.

Well, we've come to the first update point of the season and for you guys to know where you stand. Everyone is staying at their clubs for the season as you all have future transfers set up. Oh wait, I never told you guys where you were playing? Well here's the answer to that question. Faces are playing for teams in the Blue Square North, Heels in the Blue Square South. you were all randomly assigned a team and here they are.

TeamList.jpg?t=1269265675

Now, what about your ratings to the end of November? Well, they range from 7.48 on the high end to 6.32 on the low end. However, note that we are only through November, so their is a lot of season yet to be played. A few strong performances could sky rocket you up the board while a few poor performances could see you drop. I can now reveal the first rankings as...

FootballManias1novupdate.jpg?t=1269265830

Please note the injuries for those of you who are injured. Jackson Deal is out for 6 days to 2 weeks and Dee'estroyer is out for a day or two. No major injuries as of yet, but you never know.

Well gents hopefully this gives you and idea of your performance so far. Please remember, promos are due to me by Sunday the 28th at 7:00 pm EST or for those of you in England, Midnight your time and the others adjust it to your time. Ironically, the due date is the start time of Wrestlemania 26.

If you have any questions about the promos, see the post above this one or feel free to PM me and I'll try to help you the best I can.

What sort of length are you looking for the promo's to be? I tend to ramble on a bit.

Whatever you are comfortable with. Also, I've already got 7 promo's so far! Some of these are awesome and I can tell who the wrestling fans are, don't expect that to help you though!

Well, the halfway point has been reached in season one and we have seen very little change in the ratings from where we first started. 7.49 is the highest rating, 6.30 is the low. Please remember that these ratings are not concrete. A good promo could save you if you are at the bottom.

With that being said, here's the ratings at January 1st. Please note that no one is changing teams because a future transfer has been set, so that's why no one has moved.

s1janupdate.jpg?t=1269619295

Sergio has started to pull away, but who knows he may be caught yet. Also for Albatross I looked into your injury and it was nothing serious, you are only out for another week. Just a minor bruise for a total of 10 days.

I'm also moving back the due dates for the promos to Wednesday the 31st by 7pm EST, Midnight in England. Get 'em in folks, it could be the thing that saves you. ;)

Ok, Bergtaur has given his blessing for me to hijack the thread and have a bit of fun in the run up to Wrestlemania 26. Below is a list of the matches at Wm26 all you gotta do is copy and paste and give your predictions for tomorrow night :D

R-Truth and John Morrison vs. The Miz and The Big Show

The Money in the Bank Match

Christian, MVP, Matt Hardy, Kane, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Evan Bourne, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston and Jack Swagger.

Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon: No Holds Barred

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Cody Rhodes: Triple Threat Match

Triple H vs. Sheamus

John Cena vs. Batista

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels: Career vs. Streak

Edge vs. Chris Jericho

10-Diva Tag Team Match. TEAM Mickie v TEAM Vickie.

Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix v Michelle McCool, Divas Champion Maryse, Layla, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero.

I'll total the correct predictions and the winner can give themselves an inverted cradle or a pat on the back if they prefer!

Christian, MVP, Matt Hardy, Kane, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Evan Bourne, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston and Jack Swagger.

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

Triple H vs. Sheamus

John Cena vs. Batista

Edge vs. Chris Jericho

Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix v Michelle McCool, Divas Champion Maryse, Layla, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero.

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

Triple Hvs. Sheamus

John Cena vs. Batista

Edge vs. Chris Jericho

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

Triple H vs. Sheamus

John Cena vs. Batista

Edge vs. Chris Jericho

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

Triple H vs. Sheamus

John Cena vs. Batista

Edge vs. Chris Jericho

The Miz and The Big Show

Kane

Bret Hart

Rey Mysterio

Cody Rhodes

Sheamus

John Cena

The Undertaker Career vs. Streak

Edge

10-Diva Tag Team Match. TEAM Mickie

Honestly, I don't think most of these will happen, but it's what I wanna see happen

Ok, Bergtaur has given his blessing for me to hijack the thread and have a bit of fun in the run up to Wrestlemania 26. Below is a list of the matches at Wm26 all you gotta do is copy and paste and give your predictions for tomorrow night :D

Win: The Miz and Big Show

Win: Kane.

Bret Hart wins.

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

Mysterio wins.

DiBiase wins.

Triple H vs. Sheamus

Triple H wins.

John Cena vs. Batista

Cena wins.

Undertaker wins.

Edge vs. Chris Jericho

Edge wins.

Team Vickie wins.

I'll total the correct predictions and the winner can give themselves an inverted cradle or a pat on the back if they prefer!

I can't see the Morrison/Truth tag team lasting long. JoMo doesn't need it as he is almost ready for a push. Surprised to see that he isn't in MITB if I'm honest ... Also, Miz needs a WrestleMania win to further elevate him.

Kofi Kingston all the way. As soon as he came out for the Qualifying match on RAW, it was clear. There is no other stand-out man that is ready to be elevated towards main event level and Kofi has been pushed recently.

There is no way they would bring Hitman back and not have him win ... is there?

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

Punk all the way. I think they're going to need some heel winners as the big matches are most likely to go to the faces. CM Punk is red hot right now - probably the hottest heel - and I see a feud with Edge as a given in the next 2/3 months. Rey doesn't need to win this one.

Another heel win because they need it; Ted and Cody will combust and I think they're more likely to hand it to Ted - probably by pinning Cody. That leaves the Orton-DiBiase feud open to continue.

Triple H vs. Sheamus

Sheamus - trained in Hunter's wrestling school. If HHH is going to do the job to anybody at 'Mania, then it's Sheamus. Will elevate Sheamus to the main events again.

John Cena vs. Batista

The one I'm most sure about - SuperCena will win. :( Whether I like it or not.

Can't wait for this one. I can't see past Taker but it will be a classic. Lots more rumours of HBK retirement as well on the dirtsheets ...

Edge vs. Chris Jericho

Edge all the way. A babyface Rumble winner almost always wins the main event at 'Mania.

I couldn't give a toss to be honest. It could go either way - make champions look strong and give Vickie heat OR have the challengers look good to set up title matches down the line. As I say, couldn't care less - I'll be having something to eat at this point.

Well, after the high of Wrestlemania last night and everyone has had a chance to move on, it's time to see who will get one step closer to one day headlining FootballMania. To be fair, very little change has gone on since the last update. This one takes us to the end of the spring transfer window in England, so their only a month and a half left of action for those trying to prove themselves.

The ratings are still pretty balanced with the highest being a 7.54 and the lowest being a 6.37. Sergio Gonzalez continues to be at the head of the table and has opened up a gap between himself and his close competitors. At the bottom we see poor Chip Butty, a man who has said he was the one to watch, but so far has pulled a Janetty while others have skyrockets by him. Can he pull it together before the season ends?

center]

Also, please note that your promos are due on WEDNESDAY MARCH 30th BY MIDNIGHT UTC This serves as a note to the few of you who I have not heard from.

Now, some of you may wonder how I will be scoring these promos. Well, after some consideration here's what I came up with. The best promo will be rewarded with a full point added onto their average rating. Everything else will be rated on a sliding scale from a 1.0. We might have some people who might be equal, so they will get the same rating. Therefore, if someone like Sergio had the best promo, his rating becomes a 8.54. But if someone like Chip Butty wins, he can't go past Sergio, so it rewards on the field play, but gives a second chance to those who may have not the best season. If you don't get a promo to me, you don't get a boost to your rating, so you play the hand you were dealt.

Also, kudos go out to Baktru for winning the fun WM predictions contest. Here's the final rankings for that.

Baktru: 7/10

Whoopy: 6/10

bergtaur, GCB, and Tomsmith: 5/10

Northerm Lights and Almondo: 4/10

All right everyone, check back on Wednesday, where we find out who might be in trouble for elimination. Then on Friday, the show get stopped for two men as their dreams of every going to FootballMania goes by the wayside.

Also, kudos go out to Baktru for winning the fun WM predictions contest. Here's the final rankings for that.

Baktru: 7/10

Whoopy: 6/10

bergtaur, GCB, and Tomsmith: 5/10

Northerm Lights and Almondo: 4/10

Fix

:D Why did I ever think HHH would ever do a job at 'mania? :confused:

Well everyone, think 'I should tell you that the update is coming later than I expected. I'm in between classes right now and won't get back to my room until 9:20 UTC. I will have the update done though by 10. But since it is going to be late, I thought I'd tease the winner of the best promo competition. The competitions was fierce and proved that some people here are they fans I thought they were. Here's the winning promo posted with an edit to hide who won the contest. Please, if it is your promo, do not come forward at this time, wait until the final update to do so.

" Tonight I'm out here to announce my arrival in this business, you may not have heard of me before but I guarantee that won't be the case for long. I'm here to make a mark on this business and I'm here to become a champion. I don't care who I have to beat or what I have to do, I'll do whatever it takes to win that title and there's absoloutely nothing any of you can do about it. I'm not interested in what people think of me, I don't care if you boo me. As long as I'm out here kicking the crap out of my opponent you'll have no choice but to respect me and realise that I am the best. At the end of the day it doesn't matter whether you're a veteran in this company or whether you're one these pathetic people who sit in the stands and boo great talents like myself, if you get in the way on my path to greatness - I will defeat you!"

Let the speculation begin...

The End of the Season Update!!

Well folks, it's about that time where we learn who are the first to be leaving the competition. First let me say to those who will leave, it's been an absolute pleasure having you here.

But enough with commiserations, it's time to tell you who finished on top for the season. If you've been paying any attention, you should know who it is, and it should come as no surprise that Sergio Gonzalez has finished season 1 on top of the heap. Clint Thrust followed in second and Ben Spicer in third. All three of those men where the 3 with ratings about 7's

But life may be different for those on the other side of the table.Chip Butty never got going this season and finished dead last. Near him are Dave Lister and Jack Spancer. They may need a high rating in their promos to save themselves this season.

Here's the final table.

S1finalupdate.jpg?t=1270224639

And finally the man who won the promo contest. Step forward... Dee'estroyer! A very solid traditional new guy promo and as Almondo said, very reminiscent of a promo Sheamus would cut and I'm digging him right now. Good on ya Dee, you will be around in season two with your full 1 point rise in your rating. Good thing too, because you were injured for the last bit of the season and could have been in trouble.

For the rest of you, your fates will be resolved tomorrow when I post the full promo rankings. Until then, speculate away!

Archived