The Life and Times of St Pete's Boys... (they'll need a miracle...)

attjen

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abuzaglo accepts Denizlispor offer!

The defender/striker has moved to the Turkish club, and accepted a smaller weekly wage in exchange for a better climate and (arguably) higher level of play.

Dinamo St Pete fan clubs expressed outrage over the move, and fear this may be signalling the end of the promising rebirth of the club.

Drunken manager rousted from local pub after row

Dinamo St Petersburg manager Maximov Jenski spent a night in a local holding cell after refusing to leave a pub after the owner refused to sell him anymore liquor because of his over-inebriated state.

The pub owner states that Jenski repeatedly declamed "I don't care! They just don't understand what I'm trying to do here! This was important! Nobody had attempted this before!"

When the police arrived, the manager had reportedly detailed how he intended Dinamo St Pete's to be player-owned club, but that the ownership had "back-stabbed, lied, cheated, and now are selling of the life-blood... the very soul of our organization."

The ownership of Dinamo St Petersburg have refused to comment saying only: "Jenski has another year left on his contract. He is hired to manage the squad on the pitch, not the finances."

Hermanov Toothrotski joins DSV Leoben

The St Pete's boys keeper has parted from the club for a 450,000 fee that may be increased to 600,000 depending on appearances. Toothrotski had harsh words for his manager upon departing saying: "Waster. Liar. Where is he to stick up for us? Now we are being sent packing. I say fine, let's see how the club fares without us."

Russian U21 Result

Russia 4:1 Georgia

Evanov Nicholas was named MOM for a 2-assist day as the future Russian stars destroyed an outclasses Georgia squad. Nicholas set up his former teammatese Misja and Anerdov to quickly retake the lead after an early Georgia goal. Raskolnikov and Kharp also played in the game.

Russian International Result

Russia 0:0 Georgia

Former St Pete's Boys star Garzon Moriz Abuzaglo made his full international debut as he came on late in the 69th minute as a defensive replacement. The player also scored his first goal for his new Turkish club team in the previous week, must certainly have overcome any regrets he might have had about leaveing Dinamo St Peterburg.

Russian U21 Result

Russia 5:1 Lithuania

Another easy win for the Russian youth, as they cruised past Lithuania. 5 St Pete's players featured in the match including Kharp, Nicholas, Pravaya, Tonerovski and Powersov. Former St Pete's players Misja and Anerdov scored in the match, and Misja was named captain.

Pravaya lurched madly in the locker room, glowerly fiercely at anybody who would dare to meet his gaze.

"Lousy fecking thankless twarts - the lot of em. Ingrates!!!"

If there was something not bolted to the floor, it was soon sent sailing across the rooms crashing in a heap.

"Most of em couldn't play an honest game of footy anyhow - Toothrotski! What a joke. The only reason he was at the club was to steal the gaffer's money. Never saw a player so happy to sit there and do nothing, and get paid for it. And Anerdov! That bast@rd is lucky to even have a job. Never had a life! Never far from his mother's nipple that one! I rip his head off if next time I see him on the pitch!"

By the time Prav had finished his last tirade two of his closer mates at the club, Nicholas and Powersov were both to him, each grabbing him by the arm - and leading him over to his locker. Powersov righted the bench that Prav had kicked over, and together they brought the disconsolate young man to a seat in an effort to control any further damage.

"Prav, comrad - it's really no use, you've got to see that" said Powersov, as he sat down on the floor across from Prav looking up in to his hooded eyes. "Jenski didn't have a choice. Hell, half the players didn't have a choice. These were all moves made from above."

"Bull-shyte. They had a choice. We all had a choice. We could have stopped this a long time ago!"

"Prav, you have to move on about that. Everybody must have realized what a mistake it was not to have gone in with you on "the bet" that first season," said Nicholas, putting one hand on Pravaya's back, "Even I could hardly believe my eyes at the number of times I was finding the back of the net. There was no way I thought it could continue."

Prav covered his eyes and slumped down even further.

"It was a great thought, but you have to remeber, not everybody has high ideas like you do. Football is, after all, a buisiness." said Powersov half rising as he saw that Prav was calming down and coming more to himself. "Many of the guys looked at this as thier chance back into the game - and they took it."

Prav looked up at Powersov, then over at Nicholas. "And you two, what about you? What about the rest of these guys? Do they care? I don't think anybody really cares anymore." Prav sighed. "Well I care. Screw em! Screw them all. Next time they come back to Dinamo, they'll be lucky to leave again without my stud marks taking a piece off them!"

Dinamo St Pete Head into first game

Dinamo St Pete's, runners-up in the Russian Premier last season, head into their first game of the weekend missing many of their key players from last season. As of this report, 8 of the 20 first teamers have been sold off (for reasons still a bit unclear to this paper).

A recap of who has left:

Abuzaglo - Denizlispor, Turkey: He has made 12 appearances for his new club since he left, and has also been capped as a full international.

Anerdov - Lokomotiv Moscow, Russian Premier

Georgikov - Torpedo Moscow

Golo - Torpedo Moscow

Misja - CSKA

Molotov - Sogndal, Norway: Has made 6 starts, and has already contributed 1 assist and MOM in league play

Pantsov - Lausanne, Switzerland: 2 Appearances so far

Toothrotski - DSV Leoben, Austria

In additiona it is widely known that Kharp, Bull, Chrzipplerinksi and Raskoklnikov are up for sale to any who but in a decent bid.

This leaves the club less than half of last year's starters in a secure team position, and there is no sign from upper management that any of those players should be comfortable.

Manager Maximov Jenski has reportedly not been seen on the practice field yet, leaving the early season running of the club to assistant Eric Fleming. It is unclear what sort of relationship he will be able to have with those players.

Saturday, April 2nd 2005, Morning:

Maximov Jenski walked slowly into the locker room where his players were getting ready for a morning warm-up, the day of the first game of the season. Alcohol on his breath and tears in his eyes, the players eyed him warily as he shambled in the door, unshaved and clearly the worse for wear.

Silence settled into the locker room, and assistant manager Eric Fleming walked over to Jenski, and after exchanging a few whispers, Jenski shook his head, and Fleming moved off the side, waiting patiently.

Finally, Jenski raised his head ever so slightly: "I'm not sure what to say really. As you can probably see, I'm a wreck over the recent events at the club..."

Bull and Kharp exchanged a skeptical look.

"I was as shocked as you were to see that bids were being accepted. I even offered my resignation, but... well... you know what kind of people the ownership is... and they..."

Pravaya started clinching his fists in barely contained fury.

"Well... they've done a bit of threatening... to me... my family, and I had to come back."

Jenski paused for a moment and looked around the room. Nicholas looked more curious than angry, Jenkov looked just nervous.

"I've made up my mind to give it at last shot."

Raskolnikov scoffed from his place in the corner, refusing to face his manager.

"I know, I know... it sounds a bit too late for all that now. Our leading scorer gone. All of our depth gone.... but we have to do something. Even as they break apart the rest of you... of us... we have to give it one last fight."

"We're going to be in Europe this year. At the least we need to make a good showing of ourselves. And you, you all should be thinking of this year as an opportunity to spring yourselves to a top side. Outside of Russia obviously, I think things are going to waste in this league."

Berberov shook his head, unwilling to leave Russia no matter how unfoolish the move might be.

"In a few hours, we face Kuban. I'm sure you all remember that they were promoted to this level as the same time as us. We are going to go out and beat them, and then we are going to play our damndest against every other team we face."

"I apologize for how I've been over the last weeks. I've been invisible, and a no-show. That changes today. You have my full attention for the rest of the year. I'm back... and I hope you accept me."

Silence simmered in the room. The players exchanged glances, but it wasn't clear who was accepting, and who was just putting up with a crap situation. Finally, Korjev spoke up: "I hate to ask this, but any chance of improved training facilities... now that um.... well... that there is some extra money around?"

Jenski smiled ever so slightly. "Yes, in fact, that is one piece of good news. The ownership has agreed to improve this rat's nest. I guess they were tired of taking cold showers too.... or else they've figured out how to skim off that construction contract too."

Tonerovski spoke up: "What about... well, there are only 12 of us now?" "and probably fewer as the season goes on..." he added.

"Yes, we'll have to hope our reserve side can provide some cover for us. I know they aren't going to replace the likes of Anerdov and Abuzaglo, but we'll do what we can."

An uncomfortable quiet returned to the room. "I guess that's it for now," said Jenski nervously. "I guess I better get cleaned up." He turned and with a slight wavering, moved towards the showers.

Eric Fleming, coughed, chuckled with self-awareness: "Well... let's get going. 3 Laps on the practice pitch, and then we'll do some warm-up drills..."

Russian Premier: Game 1

Kuban vs St Pete's Boys

Starting Line-up:

GK Berberov

DL Jenkov

DC Kharp

DC Tonerovski

DR Iliev (off 73)

DMC Bull

ML Powersov (off 73)

MR Korjev

AMC Nicholas

SC Pravaya (inj 83)

SC Goncharov

Substitutes:

Chrzipplerinksi (on 73)

Raskolnikov (on 73)

Zhdanov (on 83)

Dinamo St Pete's made an early case that they can't be disregarded as a threat yet. Kuban found themselves outplayed the entire match by a squad that felt they had something to prove. After Powersov forced a save from a freekick in the 6th, the boys put together a fine team move in teh 11th. Jenkov intercepted a pass, and came forward down the flank and curled in a ball for Nicholas. The midfielder knocked it down for Bull, who advanced well, unmarked, strode into the area and tucked home the opener. 0-1 Bull

The game went quiet until a seemingly un-threatening ball from Kharp found Ilev moving forward. The right-back whipped in a cross that Nicholas rushed to meet with his head and hit the second. 0-2 Nicholas

The team showed great teamwork in the 35th, as Pravay chested a ball down to Nicholas who unselfishly set up the ball for Bull, but the defensive player blazed over.

The 2nd continued in the same fashion, with reserve striker Oleg Goncharov, now likely first team, coming close just after the half. Substitutions were made with Chrzipplerinski and Raskolnikov coming on. Nicholas forced a finger-tip save in the 79th, but the club had horrible news in teh 83rd as Pravaya had to be taken off the pitch with injury.

Normally reserve midfielder Konstantin Zhdanov had to come on as a striker due to the injury, and his speed proved an immediate asset as he got to a Goncharov cross to get the third. 0-3 Zhdanov

Ultimately in was a very good showing from the boys, led by their playmaker Nicholas who scored one and set up another.

MOM: Nicholas

Other News

In Moscow, Lokomotiv will be happy that their new expensive signing Anerdov had a good debut, scoring the opener by picking up a loose ball and blasting home.

Torpedo will not be happy with their start to the season, who lost to Dinamo Moscow 5-2 despite new signing Georgikov scoring in the 2nd minute.

Torpedo also won't be happy with new signing Golo's broken collarbone, suffered in training, which will keep him out for 3 months.

Russian Cup Quarter Final

Dinamo Stavropolo vs St Pete's Boys

Starting Line-up:

GK Berberov

DL Jenkov (off 76)

DC Kharp

DC Tonerovski

DR Iliev

DMC Bull

DMC Raskolnikov

ML Powersov

MR Korjev

AMC Nicholas

SC Goncharov

Substitutes:

Chrzipplerinksi (on 76)

Dinamo St Petersburg snuck their way into the Semi-finals behind a Nicholas goal in the 14th minute. Good combination play bewtten Korjev and Raskolnikov freed up the Nicholas to ghost into the box and crash home a cross. 0-1 Nicholas

With Pravaya out injured, Goncharov, the only striker available to Jenski, looked out of his depth alone up front. The defense was mor than up to this task though, with Jenski using a 4-5-1 formation. Kharp and Tonerovski were nearly perfect in the back line, and Bull easily protected them for most of the game.

MOM: Korjev

----

Other News

Anerdov played very well in Lokomotiv's penalty kick shootout loss to Zenith in the cup Quarterfinals. The game ended 2-2.

Torpedo were dominated by Uralan 3-0 in the quarters. Keeper Ristovic turned in his 2nd atrocious game of the season. Georgikov, like the rest of this team, did not have a good day.

Russian Premier Game 2

Dinamo Moscow vs St Pete's Boys

Starting Line-up:

GK Berberov

DL Jenkov (off 89)

DC Kharp

DC Tonerovski

DR Iliev

DMC Bull

DMC Raskolnikov

ML Powersov

MR Korjev

AMC Nicholas (inj 34)

SC Goncharov

Substitutes:

Zhdanov (on 34)

Chrzipperlinski (on 89)

When Kramarenko managed to save what should have been an easy goal for Jenkov in the 3rd minute, it was clear that it was not going to be St Pete's day. Grishin beat Raskolnikov and then set up Budunov for the opener. 1-0

St Pete's were creating chances, but Nicholas went down with a knock in the 34th, and the game became much more difficult. Back-up Zhdanov came on in his stead.

Thing looked better going into halftime as Powersov and Korjev combined well to set up the former's goal. 1-1 Powersov

In the 2nd half, things turned even more in favor of the Muscovites as Belousov scored his first ever goal for Dinamo. 2-1

Powersov just missed with a shot in the 64th, and Korjev missed in the 76th, but without regulars Nicholas and Pravaya to lead the attack, St Pete's were decidedly toothless.

MOM: Grazunas (Moscow)

---

Nicholas will miss the next match. Pravaya has been sidelined for a few weeks with his injury.

Russian Premier Game 3

St Pete's Boys vs Saturn

Starting Line-up:

GK Berberov

DL Jenkov (sub 66)

DC Kharp

DC Tonerovski ©

DR Iliev

DMC Bull

DMC Raskolnikov

ML Powersov

MR Korjev

AMC Zhdanov

SC Goncharov

Substitutes:

Chrzipplerinksi (on 66)

In front of 10,000 loyal home fans, St Pete's struck early and often at a suprisingly outclassed Saturn side.

Normally reserve player Goncharov showed that he would pick up the slack for his club by knocking in two. His first in the 10th minute came after a strong Powersov run, and Powersov set up the 2nd in the 48th with a similar run.

Korjev capped the scoring in the 67th by heading home a Raskolnikov cross.

A very one-side match with Saturn shut down completely with no chances, and St Pete's had 9 on target.

MOM: Powersov

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Nicholas forced a finger-tip save in the 79th, but the club had horrible news in teh 83rd as Pravaya had to be taken off the pitch with injury.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So how bad is it Doc? Months? Weeks? days? I don't take drugs - they cloud the mind - so you tell me how long it is, and I'll tell you if your wrong. . .

. . . You're wrong!

I'll play right now if I have to go out there with a cast on!!

Russian Premier game 4

St Pete's Boys vs Torpedo Moscow

Starting Line-up:

GK Berberov

DL Chrzipplerinksi (sub 68)

DC Kharp

DC Tonerovski ©

DR Iliev

DMC Bull

DMC Raskolnikov

ML Powersov

MR Korjev

AMC Nicholas (sub 68)

SC Goncharov

Substitutes:

Zhdanov (on 68)

With Nicholas back in the line-up, the boys came out in good style but were ultimately frustrated by a determined Torpedo defense.

Former St Pete's player Georgikov got the start for Torpedo, but was well marked by Kharp and Tonerovski and had to be substituted at the 60 minute mark.

Nicholas had the best chances of the game, but saw his shots well saved by the Torpedo keeper. His low fitness forced him to come off at the 68th minute.

Jenkov, Iliev, and Goncharev all came close in the final 30 minutes.

Result: 0-0

MOM: Tonerovski

Other News

Lokomotiv's Aliasander Anerdov scored his second goal of the season for his new club by heading home the opener in an easy 3-0 win over Rotor.

Abuzaglo continues to impress in Turkey, and seemed to have established a repoir with American keeper Brad Friedel.

Russian Premier Game 5

Torpedo-ZiL vs St Pete's Boys

Starting Line-up:

GK Berberov

DL Jenkov

DC Kharp

DC Tonerovski ©

DR Iliev

DMC Bull

DMC Raskolnikov

ML Powersov

MR Korjev

AMC Zhdanov

SC Goncharov

On a sloppy pitch, Torpedo-ZiL scored on their very first possession as Klimov broke free of the defense and scored in the 5th minute. 1-0

St Pete's were looking the better side though, and Korjev and Raskolnikov came close around the 15th minute mark. Nicholas and Bull missed over the bar either side of half-time.

The two clubs each had the case for penalty turned down, Dinamo in the 72nd and Torepedo in teh 82nd.

The game was looking like a certain loss for the boys despite their dominating possession when Korjev went on a furious run and nutmegged Schigolev to set up an unmarked Goncharov to score. 1-1 Goncarev

A stolen draw looked a good result but a last second Torpedo freekick took a strange bounce off of Bull and into the St Pete's net. An unlucky own goal against the player. 2-1 (Bull og)

Correction: Nicholas started in the previous Russian Premier game

---

Russian Premier Game 6

St Pete's Boys vs Lokomotiv Moscow

Starting Line-up:

GK Berberov

DL Chzipplerinksi (in 5)

DC Kharp

DC Tonerovski ©

DR Iliev

DMC Bull

DMC Raskolnikov

ML Powersov (inj 59)

MR Korjev

AMC Nicholas (sub 59)

SC Pravaya

Subs:

Zhdanov (on 59)

Filimonov (on 59)

Jenkov (on 5)

In a battle between the top two teams of last year, both struggling a bit so far this season, bad news came to St Pete's early as Chrzipplerinksi had to go off due to a knock.

Jenkov came on, and moments later Nicholas was shoved over by Vucicevic. Nicholas didn't waste any time and whipped in the shot from 20 yards. 1-0 Nicholas

No other real chances for either side through half as Berberov for St Pete's and Nigmatullin for Lokomotiv were both covering their nets easily.

In the 2nd half, Powersov had to go off injured and Nicholas was starting to struggle and was replaced. Pravaya, on his return to the line-up, came close in the 61st, but headed over on his chance from a Kkorjev cross.

The boys were happy to shut down the game from then on, and were satisfied with the win.

Final: 1-0

MOM: Tonerovski

---

Other News

Anerdov played against his former team, but was only average and had little impact.

Misja got his first start for CSKA against Kuban in an easy 4-0 win.

Biig Panstov has scored his first goal for his new club Lausanne.

Chrzipplerinksi out for 10 days with a bruised shin. Powersov out for 2 weeks with a damaged foot.

---

Russian Cup Semi-Final

Uralan vs St Pete's Boys

Starting Line-up:

GK Berberov

DL Jenkov

DC Kharp

DC Tonerovski ©

DR Iliev

DMC Bull

DMC Raskolnikov

ML Scherbakov

MR Korjev

AMC Nicholas

SC Pravaya

Uralan, out in an attacking formation was shocked when Bull scored on a low shot with basically his first touch of the game. 0-1 Bull

After that, despite having a goal lead, the boys road their adrenaline and outplayed their opponents for the rest of the game. Korjev set up Nicholas in the 22nd, and the midfielder made no mistake in scoring. 0-2 Nicholas

From then on out, Uralan possession really didn't threaten much, and Pravaya had several chances he really should have scored.

Final: 0-2

---

Other News

Spartak Moscow have beaten Zenith Peterburg in the other semi-final. The final will be played May 24th, 2005.

Russian Premier Game 7

Fakel vs St Pete's boys

Starting Line-up:

GK Berberov

DL Jenkov

DC Kharp

DC Tonerovski ©

DR Iliev

DMC Bull

DMC Raskolnikov

ML Scherbakov

MR Korjev

AMC Nicholas

SC Pravaya

With Powersov still out with injury, and Pravay still trying to find his form after injury, it wasn't clear what sort of offense the boys would be able to produce in this match.

Now it is.

With a fairly calm first 20 minutes, only Bull coming close, it seemed the boys couldn't really get a shot on target, but then Pravay picked up a loose ball and decided to go for goal and scored his 1st of the season. 0-1 Pravaya

Just 3 minutes later, Fakel failed to cover Korjev, and the winger went on a long run whipped in a ball for a flying Pravaya to head home his second. 0-2 Pravaya

Nicholas was getting into the game now, and the interplay between Pravaya, Korjev, and himself was sedning Fakel into fits. Nicholas and Pravaya kept coming close, and when Nicholas finally got one, it came just before halftime from a Korjev cross. 0-3 Nicholas

The second half became a laugher. First Nicholas drifted a ball into the box that only Pravaya had any chance of reaching, and nodded it home for his hattrick. 0-4 Pravaya

5 minutes later, in the 57th, and the two did the same play, and it worked like peaches and cream again. 0-5 Pravaya

Fakel was well demoralized by this point, and the boys were content for a time to sit on the scorline. In the 83rd a impassioned Korejv, decided he needed to go on more long run and after making Usov look foolish whipped in another perfect cross. Once again, the lone striker formation worked wonderfully as Pravaya soared well above his marker to head home his 5th of the day. 0-6 Pravaya

Fakel's manager was furious with his clubs efforts and has promised a shake-up in the starting line-up.

Final: 0-6

MOM: Pravaya (5 goals, 10 rating)

---

Other News

The 5 goals scored by Kopiteski Pravaya is a new Premier Division record.

Georgikov scored the opener in Torpedo's 2-2 draw with Krylja Sovetov.

Chrzipplerinski set to leave St Pete's Boys

Fullback Chrzipplerinski has aggreed to terms with Shinnik Yaroslavl. This will leave St Pete's with even less depth in defense. The player will be sold for 70,000 pounds. The transfer date is 29th June 2005.

Russian Premier Game 8

St Pete's Boys vs Krylja Sovetov

Starting Line-up:

GK Berberov

DL Jenkov

DC Kharp

DC Tonerovski ©

DR Iliev

DMC Bull

DMC Raskolnikov

ML Scherbakov

MR Korjev

AMC Nicholas

SC Pravaya

In a sad day for St Pete's in front of their home fans, captain Tonerovski let his frustration get the better off him as he shoved the ref and got a straight red card.

Referee Sergey Khraltsov had already turned down two legitamte penalty appeals for the boys, and although the boys were trying their best to overcome the decisions, by the middle of halftime, emotions were running high. When Tonerovski accidentally backed into Kamoltsev, the ref called a freekick against him, Tonerovski snapped.

It only took 5 minutes after the sending off for Sovetov to capitalize, and Kamoltsev scored his 100th league goal. 0-1

The pace picked up considerably with Berberov doing his best to give his club and chance, and ultimately was rewarded as Kharp headed home a Bull corner for the his first of the season. 1-1 Kharp

This may prove the end of Tonerovski's career at St Pete's as the ownership has been looking for an excuse to transfer list the player.

Final: 1-1

MOM: Berberov

---

Tonerovski given 3 month global ban

The central defender, and St Pete's captain has been banned from all games for 3 months. He has also been transfer listed by his club.

---

Other news

Georgikov out with injury for two weeks at Torpedo.

Nicholas given boost by manager

Maximov Jenski today praised his midfielder Nicholas for his excellent season so far.

Bull to be loosed in Japan shop?

It is rumoured that several clubs, including some based in Japan, have made a bid for versatile player Bull. It is also heard that Leca of Portugal have made an offer.

Russian Premier Game 9

Starting Line-up:

GK Berberov

DL Jenkov

DC Kharp

DC Malyshev

DR Iliev

DMC Filimonov

DMC Raskolnikov

ML Scherbakov

MR Korjev

AMC Nicholas ©

SC Pravaya

An exciting and suprisingly even match as both Spartak and St Pete's hit woodwork in the 1st half. The 2nd half turned more in favor of Spartak, but keeper Berberov, named MOM for his performance, was not going to allow anything past him, and defender Malyshev, called into service due to Tonerovski's suspension, was brilliant at the back. Winger Scherbakov looked out of his depth and the boys will certainly be looking forward to the return of Powersov.

MOM: Berberov

Russian Cup Final

St Pete's Boys vs Spartak Moscow

Starting Line-up:

GK Berberov

DL Jenkov

DC Kharp

DC Malyshev

DR Iliev

DMC Filimonov

DMC Raskolnikov

ML Scherbakov

MR Korjev

AMC Nicholas ©

SC Pravaya

Having just met each other in league play in a scoreless draw, the two clubs came out determined to put one past the other side.

It was Spartak's Shinji Ono, who had the first legitimate look of the game in the 5th minute, sending a freekick goalbound. Berberov easily picked it out of the air.

Nicholas tried to make his stock go up by going on a long and swerving run, beating Semshov and Tchuisse. His swerving shot clipped the bar and went over in the 14th.

Adrian Mutu was starting to become a thorn in St Pete's side anad his volley in the 19th looked good until it tailed away at the last moment.

From the restart, Nicholas found an overlapping run from Jenkov, and the back knocked into space for the attacking midfielder after pulling the defense to his side. Nicholas chipped the ball into the area for Pravaya, and the striker turned and shot in one movement, scoring a great goal. 1-0 Pravaya

Pravaya then had two difficult headers (one saved, and one well over) as play was still favoring the boys.

Nicholas had a rifled shot saved by Levitskiy, as the Spartak keeper was doing brilliantly to keep the boys from extending their lead.

The half ended as it begun, Berberov saving an Ono freekick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by attjen:

MOM: Pravaya (5 goals, 10 rating)

---

Other News

The 5 goals scored by Kopiteski Pravaya is a new Premier Division record.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif

Not in my wildest dreams! 5 in one game!

------------------------------------------------------------

PETERBURGKAYA GAZYETA

In an absolute drubbing of Russian Premier League side Fakel, Kopiteski Pravaya made a serious bid for top scorer - finding the back of the net and increadible 5 times in just over an hour of play for the Dynamo Peterburg. Pravaya, who is entering his third year with the team had been struggling mightily to reclaim his spot and form in the team after a horrific injury. The beanpole striker was unstoppable in the air as time and time again he rose over his man to head home. After the final goal in the 83rd minute, Fakel's manager was seen ripping his coat off and throwing it at the players on his bench before storming off down the tunnel - disguted at his team's shoddy defensive marking. Fakel defender Usov was quoted after the game as saying there was no earthly way anybody could have marked Pravaya during the match - "The freak was everywhere at once! I mean, look at him. He is taller than a building. Not even King Kong could have stopped him."

Despite his good fortune in front of goal, don't try to get a smile from the Dynamo striker, as Pravaya has been very moody in front of the media. An attitude to match his managers Maximov Jenski's gloomy demeanor, who has famously avoided all media spot light despite working miracles with a team of infants, really. In thier second season of top flight football, Jenski has had to deal with mass defections from his squad as star after star has been swept up by "bigger" squads across Europe. The new faces have been giving it a good go, but they lack the soul that brought Jenski's boys into the Premier League.

Russian Cup Final

continued

Clinging to a one goal lead, the boys came out trying to contain their nerves, and the first minutes of the 2nd half were filled with scrappy play. Several deflected shots marked the opening moments, and the Mutu tumbled after a push by Korjev that went unpenalized.

Spartak took off the strugglin Ono and brought on Grigorjev.

Berberov was dominating his area, and Spartak's best chances seemed to be coming each time Mutu fell to the ground. Berberov had to fist a Semshov freekick away in the 65th.

By the time the 71st minute rolled around, the boys were trying to control play and prevent any opportunities for their opponents. A long stretch in conisted of some fine passing from Nicholas, Pravaya and Jenkov.

The sensation of the day, however was unheralded Malyshev. The Dinamo center-back was having the game of his life, and was winning everything in the air or on the ground.

With all their players behind the ball, somehow Vasiljev was able to make a long run and find an unmarked Mutu in the 84th. It seemed impossible that he could be so open, but the star striker didn't hesitate and buried his shot for the tying goal. 1-1 Mutu

Mutu was clearing trying to win the game for his club and his corner in the dying minutes very nearly gave Grigorjev the winner. Berberov did fantastically well to turn the ball away. Just before the whistle, Mutu was tripped up by Filimonov, but the ref again turned down the penalty appeal.

In extra time, a tiring Spartak sqaud abandoned their all out attack, but the boys resumed their attacking style. Pravaya picked up an injury, but shook off his manager when the Jenski went to get a sub. The striker hobbled for the rest of the game, but showed his heart.

Mutu got up well to a Vasiljev ball in the 97th, but Berberov got his arms out well to keep the ball away.

Pravaya saw a long range shot go wide, and Nicholas forced Levitskiy into a remarkable reflex save just before the halftime point in extra time.

With 105 minutes gone, it was still Nicholas who was dominating play for the boys. The midfield star went on a long run just after the restart, beating Semshov and Monakhov, and his bending shot was a beauty... though just inches wide.

Jenkvo sent a ball into the area just moments later that Pravay was able to rise too, but his header flew over the bar.

With 6 minutes to play before the game would be decided in penalties, Grigorjev blasted a shot towards the St Pete's net, it seemed destined to find the corner but Berberov soared well to knock it away for a corner.

As the ref started to put the whistle in his mouth, Iliev lobbed a long ball into the area for Nicholas, who somehow had gotten loose again, the player hit a fine volley... but it was not to be, Levitskiy made another stellar save to force the game into penalties.

Russian Cup Final

concluded.

As the two exhausted squads lined up for the penalties, it was clear that the younger side of St Pete's were clearly on the point of collapse. Jenski had not subbed at all, so all his 11 had played the full game.

Spartak were only slightly better, with only Pavlenko having fresh legs.

First up for the boys was winger Korjev, and the player made no mistake tucking into the corner for a first. 1-0 PKs

Spartak's Mutu made no mistake in his chance either, putting one past the fingers of Berberov. 1-1 PKs

St Pete's captain Nicholas went next, and he calmly tucked home. 2-1 PKs

Spartak defender Zutautas scored his, as Berberov guessed the wrong way. 2-2 PKs

Jenski suprised everyone as 19-year old Filimonov strode up to take the next kick. The young man had played in a DM role despite his preference for the playmaker position, and had done remarkably well in protecting his back line. He scored past the Spartak keeper, setting everyone's nerves at ease. 3-2 PKs

Georgian Winger Gakhokidze, hit a ferocious shot, but saw it bounce back at him off the bar. [/i]3-2 PKs[/i]

St Pete's defender Kharp, who was also fantastic on the day, walked up to take the go-ahead penalty, but saw it saved in dramatic fashion by the veteran Spartak keeper. 3-2 PKs

Pavlenko made no mistake in retieing the game. 3-3 PKs

Jenkov, who struggled a bit trying to cover his position and get involved in the offense, knocked home quickly. 4-3 PKs

Monakhov had to score to keep Spartak in the game, and he did. 4-4 PKs

Now into sudden death, Pravaya hobbled up to the spot and poked home cheekily. 5-4

Grigorjev equalized. 5-5

Raskolnikov forced the keeper the wrong way. 6-5

Tchuisse scored for Spartak. 6-6

Right-back Iliev, showing no nerves tucked away into the corner for his. 7-6

Spartak then turned to their veteran international and captain Yury Kovtun, but the defender disappointed.... and shot wide.[/i]7-6 PKs[/i]

Final: 1-1, St Pete's Boys win on PKs 7-6

MOM: Mikhail Malyshev

Player Ratings:

GK Berberov - 5 of 7 tackles, 5 key, Rating 9

DL Jenkov - 3 of 7 tackles, 3 key, 3 runs, Rating 7

DC Kharp - 7 of 7 tackles, 4 key, Rating 9

DC Malyshev - 10 of 10 tackles, 8 key, 6 of 7 headers, Rating 9

DR Iliev - 5 of 7 tackles, 3 key, Rating 8

DMC Filimonov - 4 of 5 tackles, 2 key, Rating 9

DMC Raskolnikov - 39 of 54 passes, Rating 8

ML Scherbakov - 2 key passes, Rating 7

MR Korjev - 2 runs, Rating 7

AMC Nicholas © - 53 of 72 passes, 5 shots, 3 on target, 9 runs, Rating 8

SC Pravaya - 7 shots, 4 on target, 5 of 8 headers, 4 key, 3 runs, 1 goal, Rating 8

St Pete's continues to suprise

The Maximov Jenski managed club clinched their first ever Russian Cup title yesterday, holding off Spartak in PKs 7-6, after a 1-1 draw.

The entire squad for St Pete's played excellent in the match despite facing a far more veteran opponent in the Moscow club....

---

Pravaya praised by manager, media

Young forward Pravaya has been given a boost today by his manager after a media report was issued praising the young talent for his recent performances, including a goal in the Cup final.

The player, rumored to be targeted by Lokomotiv in a 1.2 million bid, has impressed since his return from injury earlier this season...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tonerovski given 3 month global ban

The central defender, and St Pete's captain has been banned from all games for 3 months. He has also been transfer listed by his club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif

total bs

It was a tough break Gary, especially since the ref was awful. You'd have stayed at the club for the rest of the season if it wasn't for that

----

European Champions Cup Final

Milan 0:1 Barcelona (in extra time)

Kluivert winning goal in 104th minute.

---

6 players from St Pete's called up to Russian U21s: Kharp, Iliev, Nicholas, Korjev, Powersov, and Pravaya.

Former St Pete's player Misja, Bull, and Anerdov also made the team.

---

Russian Premier Game 10

St Pete's Boys vs Zenith Peterburg

Dinamo had a crash after the high of their cup win getting handled easily by their derby opponents. Yury Shukanov scored twice for the visitors as Berberov had a poor day in between the posts.

Although the home side had their chances, neither Nicholas or Pravaya could find the killer shot.

Final: 0-2

MOM: Shukanov (Zenith)

---

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> <nitpick> and its 'rapport' btw </nitpick> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure where you are nitpicking on this. Did I spell it incorrectly somewhere?

Archived