The Life and Times of St Pete's Boys... (they'll need a miracle...)

attjen

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by attjen:

Season Ending Awards (announced at end of season ceremony:

Worst Disciplinary record: Chrzipplerinksi

Player most likely to be carted off to jail: Chrzipplerinksi

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that much of a surprise, but ''the crippler'' has worked hard on his disciplinary record this year and thanks comrade manager for his lowest total of cards ever

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by attjen:

Is anybody up for taking over the management of the boys?

Must have 01/02 (.65 I think), a good internet connection and lots of time.

I still may come back to this in a while, but if somebody wants to pick up my slack? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would attjen, but I dont' have 01/02 icon_frown.gif

If anybody wants to pick this up - you have my full support. I'm loving this story.

If not, then attjen - I'll be around whenever you come back.

St Petersburg Times

Victorious St Petes Players Rargeted

With the winter break fully begun, and Maximov Jenski having released his player on holiday, the bids have begun to come in.

As this paper fully expected it was Abuzaglo who garnered the first bid. A major 500,000 pound offer from Lokomotiv Moscov.

Shortly after, Reutlingen made a bid for midfielder Raskolnikov of 130k.

Both bids have been turned down, a spokesman for the club saying that no transfers would be considered until closer to the beginning of the season.

Jenski will request complete re-dedication to new season

Our source inside Dynamo St Petes has informed us that managers Jenksi has made it clear to the club at the final meeting of the season that he expects every player to express there complete dedication to the club and the goals of success in the Russian Premiership next season. He has reportedly warned the club that players not showing interest in their performance with the club may soon be showed the door.

It is uncertain how many players will be making statements to this effect. Be sure, we will let you know.

Okay without further ado.... We're back. I've brought the CD and game file to work and will be sneakin' games in here and there as I get bored. (Though I'm still open to someone taking over for fulltime commitment...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL !!

I have an account with gotomypc.com -- I can access my home computer from work to play my game. It's the only way that I can half keep my story going.

Chapions Cup Result

Lokomotive Moscow 3 Arsenal 3

UEFA Cup 3rd Round 1st Leg

Spartak 2 Celtic 2

---

Vladimir Bestchastnykh of Spartak Moscow was named Russian Player of the Year.

---

Russian First Division Team of the Yearicon_frown.gifstarters only)

Chekmarev - Gaz-Gaz

Yudin - Kuban

Schigolev - Tom

Alyakrinskiy - Chernomorets

Abuzaglo - St Pete's

Golo - St Pete's

Powersove - St Pete's

Korjev - St Pete's

Nicholas - St Pete's

Terekhin - Kuban

Markarov - SKA Rostov-na-Don

btw my work computer flies through matches.

I had some problems with the memory thing (and unfortunately the regular fix posted doesn't seem to work anymore). But lowering my virtual memory has done the trick without sacrificing speed.

It's really unbelievable compared to what I'm used to.

New deals at St Petes

Raskolnikov signs at 250 pounds a week with no minimum fee escape clause through 2009.

Toothrotski signs at 230 with no minimum fee escape through 2009.

Korjev signs at 400 with no minimum fee, through 2009.

Berberov signs same as Toothrotski.

More bids made for Boys

Abuzaglo targeted again by Lokomotiv. Berberov targeted by CSKA.

All bids rejected.

Rumours:

Abuzaglo's agent has been spreading word around town that the player is targeted by Italian club Napoli.

Internazionale have reported made such a large bid that manager Jenski has been recalled to the city from his vacation to seriously consider it.

Swoop for Fans Player of the Year Nicholas

Spartak Moscow have reportedly made a half million pound bid for St Petes playmaker Nicholas, but the bid has certainly been rejected.

This bid just preceed the fan club's announcement of the player as their Player of the Year.

---

St Pete's received 300,000 for TV rights for the upcoming season. The board hopes the club can fight bravely against relegation.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> ************************************************************************************************

Dinamo St. Petersburg - Thursday 16th January 2003

************************************************************************************************

================================================================================================

2003 Fixtures

================================================================================================

Date Opposition Ven Competition Res Attend Scorers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22.3.03 Torpedo-ZiL H Premier Division --- -----

29.3.03 Torpedo Moscow A Premier Division --- -----

1.4.03 Uralan H Russian Cup Qtr Final --- -----

5.4.03 CSKA H Premier Division --- -----

12.4.03 Sokol Saratov A Premier Division --- -----

19.4.03 Anzhi A Premier Division --- -----

27.4.03 Uralan H Premier Division --- -----

4.5.03 Lokomotiv Moscow A Premier Division --- -----

10.5.03 Shinnik H Premier Division --- -----

14.5.03 Kuban A Premier Division --- -----

25.5.03 Spartak Moscow H Premier Division --- -----

9.6.03 Zenith Peterburg H Premier Division --- -----

15.6.03 Rotor A Premier Division --- -----

22.6.03 Krylja Sovetov H Premier Division --- -----

24.6.03 Rostselmash A Premier Division --- -----

2.7.03 Dinamo Moscow A Premier Division --- -----

5.7.03 Torpedo-ZiL A Premier Division --- -----

12.7.03 Torpedo Moscow H Premier Division --- -----

19.7.03 CSKA A Premier Division --- -----

26.7.03 Sokol Saratov H Premier Division --- -----

2.8.03 Anzhi H Premier Division --- -----

10.8.03 Uralan A Premier Division --- -----

16.8.03 Lokomotiv Moscow H Premier Division --- -----

24.8.03 Shinnik A Premier Division --- -----

3.9.03 Kuban H Premier Division --- -----

20.9.03 Spartak Moscow A Premier Division --- -----

28.9.03 Dinamo Moscow H Premier Division --- -----

11.10.03 Zenith Peterburg A Premier Division --- -----

18.10.03 Rotor H Premier Division --- -----

2.11.03 Krylja Sovetov A Premier Division --- -----

9.11.03 Rostselmash H Premier Division --- -----

</pre>

Match report:

Dnipro vs St Pete's Boys - Friendly

Dnipro controlled the match from start to finish but an Early Golo goal and an eventual Pravaya winner were enough. Toothrotski preserved the pre-season win with a stellar save at the final whistle.

MOM: Golo

---

Youth player Eugeny Ponomarev has been signed by St Pete's.

---

Champions Cup Result:

Lokomotiv 3 Leverkusen 0

Lokomitv finished 3rd in Phase 2 Group A .

---

Match Report:

Dinamo Lyiv vs St Pete's Boys - Friendly

A disappointing 2-1 friendly loss for the boys. The boys dominated play on the day outshooting their opponents 15 to 2. Raskolnikov picked up a knock in the first half that will keep him out for a week, and Jenkov got himself sent off for holding back a player. Lviv converted on the freekick, as Toothrotski was caught flatfooted. Abuzaglo briefly tied the game as the Boys fought well with only 10 men. Lviv showed their profiency at set pieces by scoring from another just before time as Koval'chuk headed home past Berberov.

Match Report

Metallurg Zaporizhzhya vs St Petes Boys - Friendly

A strong second half made the difference as Nicholas came on at half time to score two goals, and Anderdov got one in between as the Boys cruised to a 3-0 win. Pantsov set up two goals after playing the 2nd half at winger, and Golo had another good game. Pravaya and Powersov played well, but lacked the finishing touch in the first half.

MOM: Nicholas

---

Korjev will miss a month due to a groin strain.

---

St Pete's Boys reserves lost their first match of the season 2-1 to Torpedo-ZiL reserves.

---

Shinnik Yaroslavi made an offer for Misja, but were rejected.

---

Russian Premier Division - 1st Game

St Pete's Boys vs Torpedo-ZiL

Attendance: 5921

Weather: Wet, 13 Degrees

Line-up: Berberov, Chrzipplerinski, Molotov, Raskolnikov, Iliev, Golo ©, Powersov, Anerdov, Pravaya, Abuzago, Bull

1st Half:

The Boys came out in front of their home fans to see if they could make an impact at the higher level. In their now standard 4-4-2 Diamond, Torpedo-ZiL lined up in a basic 4-4-2.

Nerves were seen early as Leonov really should have scored in the 4th for Torpedo. Pisarev was causing trouble down the flank and only Golo's close positioning on Klimov prevented a goal in the 6th.

Bull had the first chance for the boys, smashing a ball that was well turned away by the Torpedo keeper. Pisarev again broke loose and again set-up Klimov. The shot troubled Berberov, but Raskolnikov was on hand to clear it away.

Anerdov looked to have scored the first goal of the season, taking a Bull through-ball in stride and shooting into the lower corner, but the ref questionably ruled it out for offsides, though replays said that Anderdov timed his run to perfection.

The boys were sensing a goal though, and when Abuzaglo had his pocked picked in the 28th minute he reacted fasted to the resulting throw-in, broke one-on-one against the keeper and tucked it home for the opener. 1-0 Abuzaglo

Klimov abused Raskolnikov in the 38th, but his speculative effort sailed just over the bar.

In the 41st, Abuzaglo had a clear penalty claim turned down.

2nd Half:

Nicholas came on for the disappointing Bull, but the game was fairly quiet until Berberov had to react spectacularly to turn away a shot in the 63rd. Pisarev owned Raskolnikov yet again, but his shot just sailed over.

In the 82nd another shove in the box, this time against Nicholas, was turned down. Apparantly the refs are still not going to give any pks to the boys.

Jenkov and Misja came on to rest the tiring Chrzipplerinski and Golo.

Torpedo-ZiL wasted a late freekick.

Final: 1-0

MOM: Abuzaglo

Manager's Picks: Golo, Berberov and Chrzipplerinksi kept the scoresheet at zero.

Manager's Goats: Iliev, for an invisible game, and Bull for failing to make any impact.

Overall Assessment: Not one of our better games, but a good win nonetheless. Nicholas given an early season rest for the first half, but proved his ability with a 21 for 21 passes in the 2nd half. Jenkov made 2 key takles in his 6 minutes of play.

Things had changed alot around the house. Standing in the middle of his newly renovated apartment, Pravaya turned around and around, dazzled by the additions that his wife Ryana Phillipovna had made. Last season was successful for the Pravaya family in more ways that one. Not only had Pravaya been an instrumental part of a St. Pete's team that had easily, and in a dominant fashion, won promotion to the Russian Premier League of football - but Pravaya had bankrolled his own teams success to the sum of hundreds of thousands of rubles.

The venture was something that Kopiteski had wished to go in with his whole team, in an attempt to wrest control of the Peterburg Dynamo ownership from its lest that reputable, yet unknowable bosses. Kopiteski wasn't successful in getting everybody on board, as betting was, even at the best of times, a huge risk. But Pravaya had a belief in his team. He knew that they had undoubted quality.

This year would be different though. It's not that the faces had changed - but looking around the dressing room Pravaya couldn't get a sense of who was really "there" this year. Who was going to give there all for the team - who had the heart to be more than just Jenski's Boys.

Before St. Petersburg ran out during their close victory over Torpedo-Zil, Jenski had roused the teams passions once again. Woken them up from a long slumber. Prav wanted the gaffa to know that he would fight, come what may. Good times or bad.

icon14.gif - well taken up again attjen! good luck mate. I'm in.

Jenski sat in his office contemplating the season just begun. A good solid win, though with a few nerves showing through.

But what to make of his team? All the faces were there, the practices were full, but could he count on them for the long haul? Were they just biding their time?

Pravaya was the reliable man, no doubt. Despite the profitability of last season for the player, he had stepped up to the manager and let him know where his heart was.

Jenkov too, probably wouldn't be going anywhere, if not a St Pete's Boy through and through, he was as close as he'd ever be.

But the others... what to think of the others?

Berberov - One Of The Boys

In a show of support for manager Maximov Jenski St. Pete's keeper Bobski Berberov made an emotional statement to the press earlier today. Clutching a goldfish bowl containing his pet and team mascot, Rasputin the Goldfish, Berberov spoke briefly but with feeling.

"I want to take this opportunity to pledge my total support and commitment to all of my teammates at the club and in particular to our talented and inspirational manager Mr. Jenski. Both the team and the manager have been criticised in certain quarters of the press, unfairly in my opinion, but I have nothing but respect and admiration for the fantastic work that he has done at the club. I know that I speak for my small fishy friend when I say that I am 110% behind the boss and have the utmost confidence in his decisions. Even though I am not guaranteed a place in the team I will respect the selection that Mr. Jenski makes and work harder to improve my game and prove my worth. Rasputin is also aware that there have been suggestions that having a goldfish as a club mascot is embarrassing and demeaning and that it should be changed to something more suitable such as a bear or a wolf. He will of course respect any decision taken to replace him but, like me, he will concentrate on improving his mascot skills to the max so that all of our fans can be proud of him. For example, he is currently training hard in some new moves such as "The Moonswim" when he swims backwards in the style of Michael Jackson when the club song is being played. It is dedication such as this that proves how much this team means to both of us. St. Pete’s is in our hearts and always will be. Thank you."

Russian Premier League - Game 2

Torpedo Moscow vs St Pete's Boys

Attendance: 5538

Weather: Dry, 13 degrees

Starting Line-up: 4-4-2 Diamond, Toothrotski, Chrzipplerinski, Kharp, Tonerovksi, Panstov, Golo ©, Powersov, Anerdov, Nicholas, Pravaya, Abuzaglo

1st Half:

With Torpedo coming out in a full out direct attacking style, it was no surprise to those familiar with the boys from last season to see St Pete's get the first change. Anerdov picked up the loose ball and swung in a quick cross for Abuzaglo, but the striker nodded the ball well over the bar.

Seconds later, Abuzaglo blazed another chance over from a Nicholas header.

Tonerovski picked up a yellow in the 6th minute. Toothrotski was called on to parry away a fine header from Kamoltsev.

At the 17th minute a Nicholas through-ball found Abuzaglo and the striker hit a strong low show but it was fantasticly saved. Powersov's corner found Anerdov, but the shot was off target.

In the 22nd minute Pravaya went on a solo run, beating Burchenkov for pace, and then using skill to go past Kamoltsev. He hit a well strock shot, but Berezovskiy turned it behind. It would have been superb had it gone in.

From the ensuing corner, another brilliant Powersov ball into the box found Tonerovski and the defender powered home his first ever goal for St Pete's, a soaring header past the keeper. 0-1 Tonerovski

Some back-and-forth action followed including a harshe tackle on Nicholas that should have been a penalty. Torpedo hit the crossbar in the 37th, and Golo picked up a yellow just before the half.

2nd half:

A scrappy start to the half as Torpedo couldn't find an equalizer and St Pete's could find their way to another counter-attacking goal. In the 76th, Abuzaglo tussled in the air with Lukhvich, and the striker made the most of the contact by collasping into a screaming heap. This time the ref did decide a penalty was in order. Georgikov, who had come on for Pravaya at the half, ran up to take it but saw it saved by eventual man-of-the-match Berezovskiy.

There was to be only one more chance of the game, as subs were made (Raskolnikov and Bull came on for Golo and Abuzaglo respectively). The subs combined well with Chrzipplerinski in the 84th, but the shot from Raskolnikov went just over.

Final: 0-1

MOM: Roman Berezovskiy (Torpedo)

Manager's Picks: Toothrotski had reason to claim the MOM as well. Tonerovski for his first ever goal and game winner.

Manager's Goats: A very average game from everyone else.

Overall Assesment: Torpedo dominated posession 59% to 41%, but the 3 points are ours.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Torpedo Number Two . . . Away

Sankt Peterburgskaya Novost

The high flying St. Peterburg Dynamo, last year's suprise League 1 winners, have begun their Russian Premiere League campaign

on a high note after sailing away with consecutive 1-0 victories, first over Torpedo-Zil, then over Torpedo Moscow.

A few pundits have picked Jenski's New Boy's to take the drop back down right away this year, but critics would do well to avoid making any such harsh judgements of this sides qualities, based on the outstanding attacking football witnessed last season.

The cream of the Dynamo crop is has obviously been Evanov Nicholas and Garzon Abuzaglo who combined to score almost 50 goals between them last season, supplied by Sasha Korjev and Sergei powersov from the wings.

Although the defense was among the best in League 1 last year, Jenski Maksimov must surely be looking to shore up a back 4 who had relatively few clean sheets for all thier utter dominance last season. The two consecutive clean sheets this season, as well as two in preseason run outs, will go a long way in helping Jenski answer his critics.

We feel Dyanmo St. Pete's has the quality to show well in the Premiership this season. It is only a question of commitment now. If Jenski's boys can continue to develope, we predict that they will finish well clear of the drop zone, and might possibly even surprise a few by making it into the top half of the table.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Russian Cup Qtr Final

St Pete's Boys vs Uralan

Attendance:8320

Weather: Drizzle, 9 Degrees

Starting Line-up: 4-4-2 Diamond, Berberov, Raskolnikov, Molotov, Misja, Panstov, Golo ©, Powersov, Anerdov, Nicholas, Pravaya, Georgikov

1st Half:

A hard pressing 4-1-3-2 from Uralan, as the boys tried to progess out of the qtr final. Georgikov came close early, and a Nicholas dive earned a Pravaya freekick that just flashed wide of goal.

Berberov had to parry away a shot in the 12th, and from the resulting corner Kudaev soared above Golo to head home the opener. 0-1

Moments later, after some intense Uralan pressure, Kudaev set up the second goal by beating Powersov and setting up Navochenko in the area for the 2nd. 0-2

Georgikov put the ball in the net in the 19th, but the referee ruled out the goal for a questionable offside call on Nicholas. The reversal seemed to take some of the wind out of the Boys sails as they repeatedly threatened the Uralan keeper but couldn't put their shots on target. Georgikov came closest with a shot against the bar just before halftime.

2nd half:

Bull came on for the disappointing Georgikov. Raskolnikov had a chance just after the restart, but it went just wide. Nicholas forced a good save in the 62nd as time began running out on the boys.

The substitute Bull made himself seen by scoring a goal from a Golo cross in the 65th. 1-2 Bull

Uralan didn't waste any time to find another goal as Kudaev again set up a player. 1-3

Jenkov and Pravaya came on, but it was not to be for the boys. Powersov came the closest in the closing minutes with a beautiful long-range volley that just went well wide.

Final: 1-3

Manager's Picks: Bull for a stellar 2nd half, and Powersov, for his creativity.

Manager's Goats: Back line excluding Panstov, and Georgikov, who struggled horribly.

Overall Assessment: Disappointment.

---

Chrzipplerinksi out for a few weeks with a twisted ankle.

---

Match Report: Russian Premier League Game 3

St Pete's Boys vs CSKA

Attendance: 8628

Weather: Dry 13 Degrees

Starting Line-up: 4-4-2 Diamond, Toothrotski, Jenkov, Tonerovski, Kharp, Iliev, Misja ©, Powersov, Pantsov, Nicholas, Abuzaglo, Georgikov

CSKA came out to prove that last seasons cup loss to the boys was a fluke and scored 3 goals in the 1st 30 minutes to end the game early. Toothrotski was rather poor on the day when the boys outshot CSKA 13 to 9. CSKA keeper Novosadov had a MOM quality match.

Abuzaglo scored in the 67th to make the scorline a bit more respectable.

Final: 1-3

MOM: Elver Rahimic (CSKA)

Manager's Picks: Misja, Jenkov, Abuzaglo, and Georgikov all had very good performances.

Manager's Goats: Toothrotski and Iliev. Just Poor.

Overall Assessment: CSKA were just by far the better team on the day. A return to reality for the Boys?

---

Anerdov out for 2 weeks with a damaged shoulder.

Match Report: Russian Premier Match 4

Sokol Saratov vs St Pete's Boys

Attendance: 13398

Weather: Dry, 13 Degrees

Starting Line-up: 4-4-2 Diamond, Berberov, Jenkov, Tonerovski ©, Kharp, Iliev, Golo, Pravaya, Panstov, Nicholas, Bull, Georgikov

1st Half:

A quiet start burst to life in the 12th as Nicholas got to the end of a Panstov cross and his on-target shot had to be punched clear.

5 minutes later and Nicholas had his first goal of the season, get to the end of a Golo cross, turning with the ball and driving home. 0-1 Nicholas

Bull received a yellow in the 19th. Sokol had a period of good possession until a quick preak from Pravaya eventually resulted in Golo tumblin in the box under a harsh tackle. The penalty was turned down. 2 minutes later though and Golo set up Nicholas again, and the midfielder tucked home his 2nd of the game. 0-2 Nicholas

Pravaya was playing stellar on both sides of the ball, and in the 37th minute a wicked volley from another Golo through ball forced an outstanding save from the Sokol keeper.

In the 39th, Pravaya was not to be denied as he brought the ball forward beat two players inside the area, and tucked home a low shot for one of the best goals of the early season. 0-3 Pravaya

2nd Half:

A dull few minutes was briefly livened up when a handball gave Jenkov a chance from a freekick in the 54th. The leftback struck the ball well and it took a deflection of the wall and into the net. It was ruled an own goal. 0-4 (og)

Misja and Raskolnikov came on, another penalty was turned down for the boys, and Sokol scored a meaningless late goal. 1-4

Final: 1-4

Manager's Picks: Golo for another fine day, this one with 2 assists.

Manager's Goats: Georgikov, who is going to have to seriously improve his form.

Overall assessment: There is a reason why Sokol is bottom of the table.

---

---

Powersov linked with Uralan in 400,000 pound move. St Boys manager refused to comment.

---

Sunday 25th May

Maximov Jenski sits alone in his office late at night, a spread of papers across his desk, one lamp glowing meekly as some light streams in from the windows from the practice grounds. His fingers of his left hand tap a steady rhythm as he looks over the recent string of results for Dinamo St Petersburg. His right hand rubs his unshaved chin, as, brow forrowed, he thinks about the last 6 games.

He moves his left hand and taps:

Sat 19th Apr: Anzhi 0:1 Dinamo St Petersburg (Jenkov 16)

Jenski recalls the match clearly in his minds eye. Anzhi's pressing 4-1-2-1-2, chances coming fast for the home side. Korjev's long run and cross that picks out a overalapping run of Jenkov.

A stolen win. Fairly undeserved. Jenkov MOM for a stellar game with Golo, Toothrotski and Korjev key.

His finger moves down to the next result:

Sun 27th Apr: Dinamo St Peterburg 0:2 Uralan

2 apparent goals overturned by the ref for offsides. Outplayed in the closing minutes with 2 goals after the 70th minute. Nicholas and Anerdov have good games go for naught.

Sun 4th May: Lokomotiv Moscow 2:1 Dinamo St Peterburg (Raskolnikov 24)

A brilliant Raskolnikov opener overturned by two goals created by MOM Los'kov shortly after halftime. A second half completely onesided in favor of the home side. St Pete's looked like headless chickens.

Sat 10 May: Dinamo St Peterburg 0:0 Shinnik

Jenski's finger tapped this one several times. 14 chances. 6 on target from Anerdov alone.... but Shinnik's keeper was marvelous. And too many other chances wasted.

A scrap of paper sits tucked under the results. The typewritten message is clear and blunt. The envelope it came in unmarked, unsealed. "Win. or else." Jenski knows where it came from. The shadowy finaciers. String-pullers. He scratches at his nose as his eyes flick to the scrap and he makes a grimace of disgust before crumpling it up and throwing it away.

Wed 14th May: Kuban 4:1 Dinamo St Petersburg (Korjev 64)

He still couldn't quite wrap his head around this result. Was this the same team that he had lead last year? To lose to fellow promotee Kuban in this manner?

Sun 25 May: Dinamo St Peterburg 4:4 Spartak Moscow (Misja 34, Korjev 45, 53, Anerdov 48)

A 4 goal to 1 lead against Spartak? but then 3 late strikes to end with a draw? Korjev's stellar day gone for nothing? One name popped into his head: Berberov.

He moved both his hands to pull a sheet from his top drawer. A list of names, players. Only three of the names had checkmarks next to them: Jenkov, Berberov, Pravaya. He lingered over his goalkeepers name... this was dedication? A fully dreadful game against Spartak on the heels of an awful half against Kuban?

He scanned the other names on the list... Even Nicholas name had no check next to it. What to think?

At practices, he almost felt as though he were watching groups of empty uniforms moving about. What was to be done? Win, yes... but something had to change.

He turned to look at the chalk board behind him.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

FC

^ AMC ^

^ ^

ML ^ ^ MR

^ ^

DMC DMC

DL DC DC DR

</pre>

... maybe that. Yes, that might help... but perhaps more was needed. Perhaps there were some he could not rely on? Some who had abandoned the club if not physically then mentally?

He rubbed his temples... and sat thinking.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> ************************************************************************************************

Russian Premier Division - Sunday 25th May 2003

************************************************************************************************

2003 Table

Pos Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag Won Drn Lst For Ag Pts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Lokomotiv Moscow 10 5 0 0 15 4 3 1 1 10 9 25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd CSKA 10 3 2 0 14 7 4 0 1 9 3 23

3rd Spartak Moscow 10 3 2 0 7 4 2 2 1 11 9 19

4th Kuban 10 3 1 1 10 6 2 1 2 5 10 17

5th Uralan 10 3 1 1 7 6 2 0 3 10 10 16

6th Rostselmash 10 4 0 1 7 5 1 0 4 6 13 15

7th Zenith Peterburg 10 3 1 1 11 8 1 2 2 6 6 15

8th St Pete's Boys 10 1 2 2 6 9 3 0 2 8 7 14

9th Torpedo-ZiL 10 3 1 1 8 3 1 1 3 4 7 14

10th Dinamo Moscow 10 3 2 0 11 6 1 0 4 5 10 14

11th Anzhi 10 1 2 2 4 5 2 2 1 9 7 13

12th Rotor 10 2 1 2 6 7 1 1 3 9 9 11

13th Torpedo Moscow 10 1 2 2 6 7 0 4 1 5 6 9

14th Krylja Sovetov 10 2 0 3 9 12 0 0 5 3 10 6

15th Sokol Saratov 10 1 0 4 10 15 1 0 4 10 15 6

16th Shinnik 10 1 0 4 5 9 0 3 2 3 5 6

</pre>

Match Report: Russian Premier Game 11

St Pete's Boys vs Zenith Peterburg

Attendance:20190

Weather: Wet, 15 Degrees

Starting Line-up: 4-4-2 Diamond, Toothrotski, Jenkov, Kharp, Tonerovski ©, Chrzipplerinksi, Golo, Raskolnikov, Korjev, Nicholas, Pravaya, Abuzaglo.

A derby game turned quickly into a dull affair, as Zenith had a player sent of in the 29th minute and Pravaya capitalized by scoring on a Kharp ball over the top shortly after. Scattering of chances for the boys after as Zenith closed up shop, including yet another goal called back for offsides & yet another penalty appeal turned down.

Final: 1-0

MOM: Kharp

---

Korjev out for 3 months with a groin injury, suffered in win.

---

Anerdov linked in a 850,000 pound move to AC Milan.

---

Match Report: Russian Premier Game 12

Rotor vs St Pete's Boys

Attendance: 8745

Weather: Dry, 24 Degrees

Starting Line-up: Berberov, Jenkov, Misja, Tonerovski ©, Iliev, Golo, Raskolnikov, Pantsov, Nicholas, Anerdov, Abuzaglo

For one of the first times this season, the boys looked like the club that bulldozed their way into the premier league last season. An early chance from Abuzaglo showed the intentions, and moments later he again came close.

Nicholas had back to back chances in the 12th and the 13th which should have been a warning sign for Rotor. At the 15 minute mark, Nicholas started a team move that went through Raskolnikov and Anerdov, and Nicholas got the end of the through ball, and tucked it home for the opener. 0-1 Nicholas

Every time Jenkov had an opportunity for a corner, the boys looked likely to score another with repeated chances coming int he next 10 minutes. Finally in teh 38th, Jenkov moved forward and whipped in a low cross that Nicholas met on a near post run to score the 2nd. 0-2 Nicholas

The game settled down a bit, but in the 65 another killer ball from Jenkov found a forward rushing Golo who saw his first shot parried away, but he made no mistake scoring on the rebound. 0-3 Golo

Rotor clipped the post in the last 30, and Golo (worn out after a excellent game) made a hasty challenge in the last moments to get a direct red.

Final: 0-3

---

Golo suspension has been appealed.

---

The board was delighted with the win dubbing it "magnificent".

Nicholas affirms dedication to St. Pete's

Evanov Nicholas seems to have turned the corner on his slow start to the season, scoring twice in St. Pete's crucial win against Rotor.

"What can I say? With no bids coming in from bigger clubs, I guess I have to play better than I did last year."

Nicholas stressed that he is dedicated to his current team, and that he hopes the Rotor game signalled an end to their slump.

"No one likes losing. Especially the Boys. You won't want to see us when we get angry."

Nicholas would not address the rumor that he has said that referrees "will pay" if they continue to ignore obvious calls for penalty kicks for fouls committed against St. Pete's players.

Match Report: Russian Premier Game 13[/i]

St Pete's Boys vs Krylja Sovetov

Attendance: 12004

Weather: Dry, 24 Degrees

Starting Line-up: Toothrotski, Chrzipplerinski, Tonerovski ©, Molotov, Iliev, Raskolnikov, Pravaya, Anerdov, Nicholas, Abuzaglo, Georgikov

At home against strugglers Krylja, the boys wasted no time in getting on the board as Nicholas and Georgikov showed some fantastic exchanges in a double give-and-go that resulted in a completely freed up Georgikov tucking home his first of the season. 0-1 Georgikov

Nicholas was driving his club with great vision on the day and wen Abuzaglo hit the post in the 13th and Chipped just over moments later, it was from good play from Nicholas.

The visitors weren't out of the game yet, as an Ivanov shot troubled Toothrotski, and the rebound was poked home in the 25th minute. 1-1

Raskolnikov went on a long run minutes later and Abuzaglo didn't make any mistake this time, heading home the 2nd goal for the boys. 2-1 Abuzaglo

In the 31st, the home fans let their displeasure known as a foul on Abuzaglo in the box went un-penalized. Again.

Abuzaglo hit the post before halftime. Pravaya had to go off with injury just after the restart, and Jenkov came on for the tiring Chrzipplerinksi. 2 more potential penalties went un-given, Nicholas particularly upset with a horrible foul against him in the 63rd, and Georgikov tripped up while almost free on goal.

In the 85th no referee was needed as a great team move begun by Tonerovski freed up Georgikov to tuck home the 3rd. 3-1 Georgikov

Just before the end, Nicholas was taken down in the box only to hear complete silence from the whistle.

final: 3-1

---

Pravaya out for about a month with a pulled hamstring.

Match Report: Russian Premier Game 14

Rostelmash vs St Pete's Boys

Attendance: 10869

Weather: Dry, 20 Degrees

A good solid midweek win, as many of the boys were not recovered from the weekend. MOM Georgikov scored a brace in the first half and Abuzaglo scored in the 2nd half. Rostelmash keeper was dreadful on the day, as most of the Dinamo squad had good games.

Final:0-3

MOM: Georgikov

Archived