The Life and Times of St Pete's Boys... (they'll need a miracle...)

attjen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by attjen:

"Prav.... you are my secret weapon!"

"He's probably feeding me a load of crap better suited to Pravda... but what if he's not?"

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL -- icon_razz.gif

Well played boss, well played icon_wink.gif

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another well organized side brought out another good win for the Boys of Dinamo Peterburg, and the team was in good spirits after taking over first place and then putting some space between them and Rubin. There was such certain feeling in the locker room after the victory -- of giddy confidence and invincibility - that the lads were a little shocked as Kopiteski Pravaya broke through the din and called for attention to them.

Standing up on a bench so that his voice would carry a little easily to everybody - Prav began, at first a little unsure at how what he had to say would be recieved, but then bolstered by the feeling that it was the right thing to do.

"Comrads - we have enjoyed a great season together so far. You have all been reading the papers. . . The experts and pundits are shocked at our progress - not willing to let go of this notion that we are too young to succeed. They are all expecting the big fall to come. NOW, we MUST SEIZE on this underestimation of our strength and teamwork!"

Pravaya held up the newspaper he had been holding for everybody to see. "Amazingly enough, even the punters and sharks have underestimated us. Gambling is normally at best a very risky business, with the house always maintaining the edge. Yet nearly every bookie in the country is toeing this line that we are but a paper champion primed for the fall. LOOK AT THESE ODDS COMRADs"

St Pete's winning Division 1 : 20 - 1

St Pete's gaining promotion: 5 - 2

St Pete's scoring 100 goals: 100 - 1

"Now, I'm not usually one to gamble -- especially since we don't really make that much as it is here in this Division. But I've talked to my wife about this - as I am so convinced of the utter quality of you my team mates - and we are going to sink every penny of my paychecks with the bookies that we will WIN Division."

Several of the guys were giving Pravaya the look like he was absolutely nuts. Anerdov pipped up from the back with his shrieky voice, "Are you bonkers comrad? That's an awful big risk - and you taking food off of the table of your family. Most of us don't have families to worry about - but I have to take care of my mommy. Besides, I dont' think she will let me as my allowance is so small!"

Pravaya rolled his eyes and continued. "Look, I'm not doing this just for myself. I'm doing this for everybody! Ryanna and I are planning on using that money to buy back some of our beloved club! Let's face it comrads. Our facilities are woefully inadequate, our stadium is falling apart around us, and any money that has been available for improvements we have all seen being siphoned out of the team to heaven knows where. It has become very obvious that the owner of the team has . . . erm . . . connections. . . ", said Pravaya, stealing a glance at Golo before continuting. "We are never going to reach the potential that awaits us as long as we are under his thumb. This is our CHANCE! This is were we could all come together and take our fate in our own hands!"

Pravaya noticed that a couple of heads were beginning to nod - but that for the most part, people had remained quiet. They were a difficult bunch to read -- as Russians normally were

"So what say ye Comrads and countrymen? Who is willing to go in with me on this? We could all own the team!"

( I know I'm taking a little bit of liscence with your story attjen, but you did say you were toying with the idea of a club owned by the players, and this could be a way to help it happen)icon_smile.gif

Russian 1st Division Week 27

St Pete's Boys vs SKA Rostov-na-Donu

Attendance: 7232

Weather: Dry 28 Degrees

Starting line-up: 4-4-2 Diamond, Toothrotski, Raskolnikov, Tonerovski ©, Misja, Chrzipplerinski, Molotov, Powersov, Korjev, Nicholas, Georgikov, Abuzaglo

1st Half:

Georgikov got the first chance of the game, but his header went wide in the 2nd minute. In the 16th minute Djordjic picked up a loose ball and went on a fanstastic solo run beating Raskolnikov and Molotov, and unleashed a ferocious left footer to beat Toothrotski. 0-1

Frustration was very high for the boys as they dominated posession in the rest of the first half, some 66% overall with 34% coming in the visitor's half, but could not find any chances.

Finally Nicholas had a chance in the 44th but it went wide, and then he had yet another penalty turned down just before the whistle.

2nd half:

Chrzipplerinksi and Misja had chances after half time, but they were superbly stopped by the SKA keeper. Chrzipplerinski made an excellent tackle which appeared to break up an attack, but the loose ball fell nicely for the visitors and after a series of passes Markorov was able to score his 15th of the season. 0-2

Anerdov missed wide, and Jenski brought on Bull for Molotov and Jenkov for Raskolnikov. Anerdov had another fine shot saved in the 56th, and yet another penalty was turned down, this time as Bull was knocked over in the area. Anerdov came close again.

Finally in the 75th, St Pete's made their posession count as Georgikov slotted home after good teamplay. 1-2 Georgikov

Georgikov had two more chances, but no tying goal could be found.

Final: 1-2

MOM: Georgikov

Manager's Picks: Misja, for a good game at the back.

Manager's Goats: Everyone else, especially Toothrotski and Raskolnikov. Georgikov was no exception as he had 5 chances at goal and only put one on target. Above all, the referee.

Overall Assessment: We had 62% of the posession, and 14 shots to only 3 from the visitor's. The visitor's only got good games from 3 players, both goalscorer's, and the keeper. There was a tongue-lashing in the locker-room after this game.

---

Maximov Jenski has once again complained about a referee, and this time the Russian FA has agreed with the manager saying they will be reviewing future matches with great interest.

---

Misja out for a few days with a sprained wrist.

---

Spartak Moscow and Lokomotiv Moscow lost to Juventus and Milan respectively in European Cup play.

Pravaya (within ears distance of Evanov Nicholas in the training room) talking playfully to a group of guys "tsk tsk tsk. . . Nicholas is only scoring 22 in 20 games now!!! What a lean patch!!! That's it - Evanov OUT-- Prav IN! - - icon_razz.gif -- Oh, Nicholas, I didn't see you there."

Shameful performance. Kinda like watching England lose to N. Ireland for goodness sakes. there better be some return to form here guys, or all of my hard earned money will go right to the bookies!!

*Replying to Pravaya`s dressingroom outburst*

Anerdov: "You mustn`t be so harsh on Nicholas, he`s done a great job. In fact we all have. But we need to start looking a lot more professional when the media approaches us og other clubs speaks publicly about us!

You, Pravaya, coming forth with that attitude is not helping us in this cause.

*Faces Pravaya with nosetip 1 inch from Pravaya`s*

Say you`re sorry. Now! And NO fingers crossed!

*Without hesitating turns to squad*

As a matter of fact, after all that has happened lately, I`m starting to like the idea of owning the club ourselves more and more... This way we can even scrape enough money together, so that we can print our own club programme - and boicott the rotten papers and ill-tounged journalists.

We don`t need them at all! We only need eachother! We are the St. Pete`s Boys!

(Now, very inspired by himself Anerdov goes a bit over the top)

Come on, lads! Chip in with your hard earned cash - We`re taking over! I`ll even open my top secret (hidden from Mommy with use of a false identity) bank savings to see this thing happen!!

Come on lads, SHOW ME THE MONEY!

*Standing alone in front of a bewildered crop of young men*

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

*clap*clap*

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

*clap*clap*

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

*clap*clap*

SHOW ME THE MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Russian Division 1 - Week 28

Tom vs St Pete's Boys

Attendance: 11995

Weather: Sleet, -1 Degrees

Starting line-up: 4-4-2 Diamond, Berberov, Raskolnikov, Kharp, Tonerovski ©, Iliev, Pravaya, Panstov, Nicholas, Abuzaglo, Anerdov

1st Half:

Disupted as much by a ridiculous change in weather as much as Tom's 4-1-3-2 long ball style. St Pete's managed only 32% posession in the first half and no chances. Berberov was beaten 3 times in the opening 45 minutes. 3-0

2nd half:

St Pete's came out much better in the 2nd half, with Anerdov crashing a shot off the bar. Abuzaglo finally got the boys on the board with a header off another good Panstov cross. 3-1 Abuzaglo

Pravaya headed home a Panstov corner minutes later. 3-2 Pravaya

In the 76th, Kharp found Anerdov with his freekick and the player got the tying goal. 3-3 Anerdov

Two 80th minute subs could not get a victory for St Petes (Golo and Nicholas out for Bull and Powersov.) Tom came closer with getting a winner, skimming the top of the bar with one shot.

Final: 3-3

MOM: Panstov

Manager's Picks: Both Pravaya and Panstov played well.

Manager's Goats: The weather. (and Nicholas and Berberov)

Overall Asessment: Will be glad to go home for the next match. Brrr. Still sit in first place, by 5 points.

---

Current online betting odds

St Pete's winning Division 1 : 5 - 1*

St Pete's gaining promotion: Evens

St Pete's scoring 100 goals: 20 - 1*

St Pete's going the season without a red card: 1000 - 1^

St Pete's defeating Premier side CSKA in the next Russian cup game: 20 - 1

St Pete's ending the season with at least as many yellow cards as goals allowed: 4-3

*An influx of betting has shifted the odds dramatically.

^Online agencies say that they were having a hard time getting anyone to take at even 500 to 1

St. Petersburg Times

PROMOTION IN THE BALANCE (OF YOUR CHECK BOOK)

by Yuri Nekrasivi

With just six more competitive matches in Russian League One remaining, it appears that the St. Petersburg Dinamo has a stranglehold on the competition. Despite a recent slide, taking only one point of a possible six, St. Pete's Boys have a 5 point cushion over the "Hatchetmen" of Rubin, with Kuban of Krasnoyarsk not far behind.

Maximov Jenski has worked a brilliant rotation scheme with his young squad. Many would have moaned that such a rotation would not have given the team enough time to hit a groove, or find thier best eleven. But Jenski finally has us believing that the whole team has been brought closer together, and that each part, though not completely interchangeable, gives Dinamo Pete's futher possibilities.

Particularly impressive in the attack have been Evanov Nicholas and Garzon Moriz Abuzaglo a potent striking duo and thier primary providers Alexander Korjev and Sergei Powersov. All together, Dinamo Pete's have managed almost 20 more goals than any of the other team -- and this while maintaining a very tight defense at the back with roughbacks Raskolnikov, Kharp, Tonerovski, Chrzipplerinksi, and Misja. All told, they have allowed just 35 goals in 28 games - putting them among the league leaders in defense. They have been stellar on both sides of the ball.

What has seemed totally improbable just a few months earlier, the notion that St. Pete's might actually go on to win the division, or promotion, has now become a good bet. It seems there have been a rash of citizens hitting up the bookies, willing to place a few rubles on the new Boys, which have brought the odds back down. But for my ruble, they are still a good bet at 5-1 to bring home the title.

Attendance has been rising steadily throughout the year as it has become in vogue to be seen at St. Petersburg stadium. Even in the sub zero temperatures we are predicting a massive crowd to show up and watch Dinamo seal the title.

We at the St. Petersburg Times hope to bring you a few interviews with some of the players and the manager on how they feel thier season has gone so far, and what they think thier chances are of bringing home the title and being promoted two years running. icon_wink.gif

Interview with Georgiy Kharp

St. Petersburg Times

Petersburg Times: Thankyou for taking some time out of your busy training schedule for a word with us.

Kharp: It is not a problem.

PT: Firstly, you thoughts on the season so far.

Kharp: Very good. But there are problems.

PT: Like...

Kharp: Well, we are letting in too many goals. Yes, we will win 2-1, but why not keep it 2-0. I am dissapointed with Berberov's performances, especially against Tom, letting in 3 goals. Hopefully, it will not matter.

PT: There are rumours about dissent in the changing rooms...

Kharp: I would not like to comment on the dispute bewteen Prav, Nicholas and Anerdov. There was also a little talk between Prav and the Gafferski icon_wink.gif. But I shall save these for my Autobiography, entitled "Defender of the State", due for release this christmas. Order your copies by cal...

PT: Ahem. Do you think your form can continue?

Kharp: When I play, I play to win, to get into the next level. As with many others in the team. So I think this desire to win, as well as the money incentive that comes with the big league, it motivates us. Of course, some of the team play for "fun". But, football is not a game.

PT: Your thoughts for next season?

Kharp: The team is young, I think it will survive. Don't expect a miracle though, I can't win you the league in one season. Give me at least 2. I hope that I am made permanent captain, as I am clearly the better man than Golo, Tonerovski.

PT: Thankyou Georgiy Kharp for that insightful interview.

Kharp: How much do I get paid for it?

European Cup games:

Lokomotiv Moscow beat Mallorca 3-0

Spartak Moscov lost to Liverpool 1-3

---

Russian Division 1 - Game 29

St Pete's Boys vs Lada

Attendance: 6491

Weather: Dry 20 Degrees

Starting line-up: Toothrotski, Raskolnikov, Misja, Kharp ©, Chrzipplerinksi, Golo, Pravaya, Korjev, Nicholas, Abuzaglo, Georgikov

1st Half:

St Pete's midfielder Nicholas came out determined to have a better showing than he did in the last match, and with pretty much the first chance of the game, he scored. Golo picked up the loose ball in the 7th, sprayed it wide for Korjev who headed it back into the middle. Nicholas rose well above the Lada keeper and headed home. 1-0 Nicholas

Things just got worse for Lada as on St Pete's very next turn with the ball, Abuzaglo decided to go on a run, beat one player and his floated ball to the near post found an unmarked Nicholas, who flicked the ball into the net for a quick 2nd. 2-0 Nicholas

Abuzaglo had a quick shot turned away, and Chrzipplerinski picked up a yellow before 15 minutes had gone by. Georgikov was threatening to score, and Nicholas had a wicked shot turned away that would have been a brilliant third. In the 31st Lada found a goal as the boys defense disappeared. 2-1

St Pete's didn't wait to strike back, as 5 minutes later a spilled shot of Georgikov fell to Nicholas' feet and with the goal wide open he poked home an easy third to get a hattrick in 37 minutes. His 25th goal of the season. 3-1 Nicholas

2nd Half:

Molotov came on for Golo, and the 2nd half looked certain to be a real bore. In the 57th Toothrotski had to snap out of his slumber quick enough to tip a low shot away for a corner. A few minutes later a Lada handball gifted St Pete's a chance as Nicholas floated a ball into the area and Abuzaglo headed home. 4-1 Abuzaglo

Panstov and Anerdov came on late, but no more real action was to be had.

Final: 4-1

MOM: Nicholas

Manager's Picks: Raskolnikov, Korjev, and Abuzaglo all deserve mention for fine games.

Manager's Goats: No-one

Overall Assessment: An easy win over a relegation bound team, but still a needed win to rebound from a loss and a draw.

---

Youth Prospect Denis Yeremeev has agreed to terms with St Pete's and will join the club in December.

---

Premature celebrations for St Pete's

Several members of Dinamo Peterburg were seen stumbling out of a nightclub in the early hours of last night, after a 4-1 win over bottom table Lada.

The players were spotted by obbsessive fans, after a private function thrown by the extravagent Stanovoi Molotov. Molotov was in no state to answer our questions, appearing high on several substances.

Evanov Nicholas left the party early, surrounded by a gaggle of young ladies. We can only assume he was going home to rest his feet after scoring 3 goals in the days game.

The team's mascot, rasputin the fish, was seen enjoying the night with fellow fish in the club's fish tank. We can only assume this is an effort to help Berberov and his pet get some relief.

Interview with Kopiteski Pravaya

St. Petersburg Times

PT: Thanks for you time Mr. Pravaya. We at the Times have had a change of heart when it comes to our newly adopted team, Dinamo Peterburg. What are your feeling about the season so far?

KP: Well, we've always had a belief in ourselves. But even with that belief, I have been a bit surprised by the consistency that we have shown in basically our first year together as professionals. Steady progression. We have learned a little from our mistakes, and have found a little about ourselves, but I would say mostly it has been our steady progression.

PT: What has been the hardest thing about the season?

KP: Well, at the beginning, there was alot of doubt and distraction to the team. There is still some distraction because of our financial situation, but there has been some progress on that front. We have also been a bit choppy in learning how to deal with one another, and working into Comrad Jenski's plans. Finally, we still have yet to form a good team chemistry. There are still some pretty quiet people in the clubhouse -- but some just like to keep to themselves.

PT: What has been the best thing?

KP: I would have to say it has been watching Evanov Nicholas working the front line. He's been brilliant for us all year, and by far our most reliable scorer. I think that he will only get better in the seasons to come, and will likely challenge for top scorer year after year.

PT: What about in your own game. How do you think that you could improve.

KP: Well, I've really been working on finishing. As you can see, I'm the jolly green giant, so I can reach alot of ball that other wouldn't - but that doesn't mean I'm as accurate. I've been working on that though. I'd also like to work on my wing play. I like whipping them in for others to get on the end of, but I haven't had much luck contributing with that all around attacking play. Maybe taking men of the dribble to get a cross in.

PT: What do you think about your chances to win the Division.

KP: Well. . .ummm. . . let's just say I have a LOT riding on that. I will do my best to help Dinamo Peterburg play up. I'm positive with our players we will bring home the trophy.

PT: Well, thanks again, and good luck. We are behind you.

Interview with Kopiteski Pravaya

St. Petersburg Times

PT: Evanov, thank you for sitting down with us. We interviewed Kopiteski not long ago, and it's a pleasure to finally talk with one of the best players in the league.

EN: Yes, this is true.

PT: Erm, okay. How have your expectations for the season matched what has happened so far?

EN: So far? I wish I have been playing better.

PT: Better than you have?

EN: Yes. If you remember the start of the season, I was scoring goals at will. Then I was injured, had few bad games, and my goals per game average went down. Though I was happy with my hattrick against Lada.

PT: Excuse us for being skeptical, but did you really think you'd be doing as well as you have been before the season started?

EN: Are you saying that I'm not as good as I have exhibited?

PT: Not just you, but the team as a whole.

EN: The team is genius. Our manager uses our strengths well, and we clearly deserve the league. Only the media, the other teams and players, and all rational watchers or Russian football doubted us.

PT: Some have questioned that the Boys' concentration is weaking at the task at hand--many point to a raucous party your and your teammates had, and witnesses saw you leaving with some comely young women.

EN: Yes, the benefits of football are numerous. But we will win.

Online betshops close-up to bets on the boys

Several online betting websites have stopped taking bets on any lines realted to St Boys today. According to some reports, there are rumours of impropriety and the sites feel they cannot afford risking anything further. Bets placed previously will still be honored, according to sources at several of the bookies, but we highly suggest individuals verify their personal bets and check the small print to ensure that they get any of their potential winnings properly.

---

Russian Division 1 - Game 30

Kuban vs St Pete's Boys

Attendance: 14843

Weather: Dry 17 Degrees

Starting Line-up: 4-4-2 Diamond, Berberov, Jenkov, Misja ©, Tonerovski, Iliev, Golo, Raskolnikov, Korjev, Nicholas, Abuzaglo, Georgikov

1st Half:

In a meeting between the first and second place teams, Kuban fans had to be expecting this match to be the turn around for their season and the start of their's clubs march to the title. Signs were plastered all around the stadium with slogans like "say goodbye to your season", "this is where the boys meet the men", and "Drink Vodka".

Kuban looked ready to try and force the game on the boys with an attacking formation, but as usual, St Pete's had the first chance of the game as a flashing Abuzaglo header had to be pushed away by Tuchinsky.

Kuban were frazzled by the early chance and Konstantin Kovalenko, booed by the St Pete's travelling fans each time he touched the ball, set up a chance for Terekhin, but his good volley was turned away for a corner by Berberov.

Nicholas had the next chances of the game, but his aim seemed to be off on the day as he missed well wide in the 13th and 15th. Golo tried to make something happen and his 30 yard ball into the area looked promising, but when Georgikov was sent tumbling by a bad tackle, none of the boys actually expected the referee to grant a penalty, and... of course, he didn't.

The game quieted down for a bit, and when Golo shoved over a player in the 31st it was a nice break from the boredom. Raskolnikov showed good work down the flank in the 34th and when Abuzaglo headed the ball down for Nicholas, it looked promising, but Evanov still seemed to be a bit crosseyed and his shot went well wide again.

Golo was doing his best to enforce his will on the game, and made a brilliantly timed challenge in the St Pete's area to break up an attack in the 41st. It looked certain to be scorelesss going into halftime, but an errant clearance by Kuban keeper Tuchinsky was picked up by Korjev, and he whipped in a cross for Abuzaglo to head home. 0-1 Abuzaglo

2nd Half:

Abuzaglo looked like the biggest threat to add to the scoreline, as he had two chances in the first 6 minutes of the half. Terekhin was beginning to find some more room against Misja and Tonerovski, and his long run in the 57th culminated in a curling shot that sailed over but should have warned Jenski that Misja was having trouble with the striker. Just minutes later the warning was unheeded, as Terekhin got to a Tonga cross and headed home for the tying goal. 1-1

Molotov came on for a tiring Golo, and Anerdov came on for an injured Georgikov. In the 74th minute, an offsides gave St Pete's a freekick in their own half and Berberov ran up to take it quickly. His long ball found a running Nicholas, who chested the ball down, cut inside the area and finally found the target with a wicked shot into the corner. 1-2 Nicholas

Final changes were made, but the game looked well in hand. Both Abuzaglo and Anerdov forced good saves to keep the margin at only one goal, but St Pete's won the vital match to keep themselves in first and a good distance above 3rd place.

Final: 1-2

MOM: Korjev

Manager's Picks: Golo and Abuzaglo, who almost won the game for us on their own.

Manager's Goats: Tonerovski for, hmmm, sucking in this important match. Misja wasn't much better and Georgikov was invisible until his injury.

Overall Assessment: An excellent win when we really didn't play very well. Nicholas was fairly poor until his shocking winner. (Berberov picked up a very cool assist.)

---

Georgikov out for 3 weeks due to injury suffered against Kuban.

---

European Cup:

Olympiakos defeated Lokomotiv Moscow 2-1

Spartak Mosow defeated Rosenborg 3-0

---

UEFA Cup:

Torpedo-Zil and Zenith Peterburg both defeated in the first round.

---

Russian Division 1 - Game 31

St Pete's Boys vs Khimki

Attendance: 16198

Weather: Breezy 11 Degrees

Starting Line-up: Toothrotski, Jenkov, Raskolnikov, Kharp ©, Chrzipplerinski, Golo, Powersov, Korjev, Nicholas, Abuzaglo, Bull

1st Half:

A record crowd showed up to watch first-place St Pete's take on mid-table Khimki. It ws the visitors who started out the game in better form, however, forcing Toothrotski to make brilliant saves in the 12th and 14th minutes. In the 15th, Nicholas went down under a typically hard challenge in the area, but yet again no penalty was called. Golo came close with a header from a set piece, but it was saved.

In the 23rd Abuzaglo started a move by beating his player and threading a ball to Powersov in the area. The winger squared it up for Nicholas, but the goal-scoring leader was feeling unselfish on the day and moved it ahead of the run of Abuzaglo, and the striker finished his 15th goal of the season. 1-0 Abuzaglo

After Toothrotski was forced to make another good save, Abuzaglo was at the heart of the action again, this time heading a Powersov cross on target. The keeper was able to deflect it away, but an on-rushing Chrzipplerinski was there to poke home. 2-0 Chrzipplerinksi

Things were now really falling apart for the visitors, and when Nicholas passed the ball into the area in the 33rd, it was Abuzaglo who rose highest. His initial attept was saved, but he was quickest to react to the loose ball and poked home his second of the day. 3-0 Abuzaglo

Abuzaglo nearly got a third before the half, as Toothrotski was on top form to keep the visitors scoreless.

2nd half:

In the 50th minute, Toothrotski had another stellar save, and he just did not look like he was going to let in a goal on the day. However, the game turned slightly in the visitors favor, and when Kovardaev went on a long run Toothrotski was helpless to stop a Nikolaev shot. 3-1

After Nicholas went close with a long range shot, and Bull had a fall in the box turned down for a pk, Powersov showed the visitors how to really make a long run. He turned with the ball well, beat two players and cut inside to unleash a great right-footed shot to score. 4-1 Powersov

Nicholas was still feeling like sharing the wealth, and it was Misja who benefited after coming on as a sub. He pounced on a Nicholas lay-off pass... 5-1 Misja

and then headed home a over the top ball for the sixth. 6-1 Misja

Final: 6-1

Manager's Picks: Abuzaglo and Misja for two goals a piece. Toothrotski for an outstanding day.

Manager's Goats: No-one.

Overall Assessment: Khimki's defense was incredibly poor on a day where St Pete's only outshot their opponents 13 to 8.

---

Raskolnikov out for about 2 weeks with a damaged foot suffered in training.

---

As we head towards the end of season, it is time to start thinking about end-of-season awards. Anything in particular you want to see given out, post it here. Tentative list:

Most Valuable Player:

Most Valuable Offensive Player (not named Nicholas):

Most Valuable Defensive Player:

Most Improved:

Least Improved:

Worst Disciplinary record:

Manager's Role Player of the Year:

How bout -

Most creative player (something along the lines of the person that worked best in the build up of play by good passing - doesn't necessarily have to be the guys with the most assists though.)

or

(jokingly)

Player most likely to be carted off to jail (could be the Crippler (for attempted murder on the field) Golo (for attempted murder off the field), Pravaya (for illegal gambling ring), Anerdov (because that freak is going to snap at somepoint when all the repression breaks loose), Berberov (well, not to jail, but definately to a state institution for the mental), or any number of illegal aliens that we have on our team!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by uskopite:

or

Mr. Inconsequential: Character who struggled to get noticed in the game or in the story </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That has to be me (Valentin Iliev). I've never been featured in Manager's Picks or Goats after about four appearances.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by uskopite:

Player most likely to be carted off to jail ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nicholas might be a candidate, some of the girls I've seen him look barely legal icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arab_k:

Player most likely to be carted off to jail ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nicholas might be a candidate, some of the girls I've seen him look barely legal icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heard coming from Nicholas' headphones before the Khimki game, a Beastie Boys song:

If I played guitar I'd be Jimmy Page/

The girlies I like are underage

Russian Division 1 - Game 32

Chernomorets vs St Pete's Boys

Attendance: 10740

Weather: Dry, 28 Degrees

Starting Line-up: 4-4-2 Diamond, Berberov, Jenkov, Kharp ©, Tonerovski, Chrzipplerinski, Golo, Powersov, Panstov, Anerdov, Bull, Abuzaglo

1st Half:

With three games to go and St Pete's sitting top of the table, a win would guarantee at the least a promotion spot, and coupled with a Rubin loss, the title would be Dinamo Peterburg's. Chernomorets 4-1-2-1-2 formation was intended to be a bit attacking, but as usual it was the boys who had the first chance as Abuzaglo headed a Panstov cross over the bar.

In the 9th minute, a Chrzipplerinksi clearance fell to Golo, and the defensive midfielder didn't hesitate in driving straight at the defense. His low cross to the left post was met by Powersov, and he drilled home. 1-0 Powersov

2 minutes later Chrzipplerinksi forced his way into the box to get to the end of a Jenkov ball, and he struck the ball well but just wide. Golo was fortunate to avoid giving up a penalty in the 12th. In the 20th minute Chernomorets had their best chance of the day but Oleinik's shot bounced off the bar and out of play. The half ended with a dull series of plays, with Bull picking up a yellow in the 35th.

2nd half:

Anerdov had what looked a certain 2nd goal at 47 minutes, but Gerus did fantastically to push the ball away. On the counter-attack that followed it was Golo who broke up the Chernomorets move with a smart interception. Misja came on the for the player as it was clear he was tiring. A scrappy game got even more so as in the 58th minute Chrzipplerinski snapped and shoved over Embe. The referee had no choice but to give him a straight red card, St Pete's first of the season.

Even a man down, St Pete's continued to try and get a 2nd, Abuzaglo and Bull forcing good saves from Gerus. Berberov had to make an excellent save at the 85th minute mark, and when in the 86th minute a Chernomorets shot bounced off the bar, Jenski brought on Pravaya and Molotov to try and shut the game down. The fresh players helped kill of the minutes, though Kharp picked up a late yellow for perceived time-wasting.

Final: 0-1

MOM: Zayarny (Chernomorets)

Manager's Picks: Tonerovski, Golo, Powersov, and Abuzaglo were the business in this game.

Manager's Goats: Jenkov and Panstov were poor, Chrzipplerinski, despite the red, had a pretty good game.

Overall Assessment: Sealed 1st Division title, thanks to Rubin and Gaz-Gaz losses.

---

Chrzipplerinksi suspended for one game due to red card. It has been appealed. The FA have dismissed it.

---

Fans celebrate division 1 title.

---

Volgar have been relegated from Division 1.

---

European Qualifying:

Russia beat Iceland away 3-2 behind a excellent performance from attacking midfielder Mostovoi who scored twice.

Grumpy Jenski still not talking to media

Despite having clinched the division title and promotion to the Russian Premier division, Maximov Jenski still refuses to hold a full press conference. One reporter who managed to ask a question about the victorious season got the following response:

"Only idiots more concerned with corruption and greed failed to see that we would do this this year. The comrades on our team were always going to crush the opposition."

When pressed about his gloomy expression, Jenski reportedly muttered:

"...not enough goals scored, this reflects poorly on our team and the loyal workers who follow us..."

Russian Division 1 - Game 33

St Pete's Boys vs Volgar

Attendance: 12224

Weather: Dry, 18 Degrees

Starting Line-up: 4-4-2 Diamond, Toothrotski, Jenkov, Kharp ©, Tonerovski, Iliev, Golo, Powersov, Korjev, Nicholas, Bull, Anerdov

1st Half:

A good crowd turned up to watch division champions St Pete's play their final league home game of the season. The boys still had a chance to break the 100 goal mark for the season, and needed only 5 goals in the last two games to get there.

In basically the first action of the match, the century mark got a bit closer as Nicholas got to the end of a Korjev ball, after the winger had made a fantastic run. 1-0 Nicholas

The game settled down for a bit after that, Volgar getting a lot of time on the ball but the boys were holding them off well. In the 40th minute a good team move ended with Bull hitting a hopeful shot that found the back of the net. 2-0 Bull

2nd half:

A fairly dull 45 minutes that saw the boys have several chances go wasting, and saw Volgar steal a goal in the late minutes. 2-1

Final: 2-1

Manager's Picks: Golo deserved MOM, but Bull and Anerdov had good games up front.

Manager's Goats: Toothrotski, for giving up a goal on their only shot on target.

Overall Assessment: Not the most exciting game to finish off our season at home. Maybe we were a little relaxed due to the upcoming cup game.

---

Xrenovoe Gavno

First League in Tatters

Russian First League football showed just how bankrupt of talent they were as somehow, Dinamo Peterburg with no real players to speak of, managed to pip everybody to first place. The 'Boys' as the team has aptly been named, played with reckless abandon all year, preferring to throw everybody forward game after game - and yet nobody had the first clue as to how to reign this inexperienced side in. It's just as well that other more worthy teams like Gaz-Gaz and Kuban won't be making the jump up as surely they will be gunned down back down immediately by the Russian Premier League Giants.

Just you watch as Dinamo Pete's is put in thier place by CSKA in the cup match between. At the next level teams actually know how to defend, and have a clue as how to organize themselves. Sorry to say Boy's but your miraculous run must surely end here.

St. Petersburg Times

DINAMO PETERBURG TRIUMPHANT IN VICTORY

Not enough can be said about Saint Petersburg's own team of phenoms Dinamo Petes, as Maximov Jenski crafted victory after victory to bring this once small and troubled club out of relegation and lower league obscurity into the light of the Russian Premier League. St. Petes' Boys will join St. Petersburg footballing giants FC Zenit in battling for Russian Premier League and European football glory next season.

A celebratory parade will be conducted down Nevsky Prospect leading to the promenade at the Hermitage. FC Zenit is expected to also join the parade as honored guests, and will look to serve as big brothers to the boys next year in thier attempt to stay up. St. Petersburg's mayor and MC of the parade had hoped that Comrad Jenski would speak at the end of the parade, but that does not appear likely as the Dinamo manager has spoken very little to the press this year and next to nothing in public as he prefers to concentrate on the next task at hand rather than celebrate the past.

Next up for the upstart boys? . . . CSKA of Moscow in the Russian Cup. Attendance for the cup is expected to break records for the St. Petersburg club, and St. Petersburg Times reporters will be on hand for the event.

Russian Cup 3rd Round

St Pete's Boys vs CSKA

Attendance: 4641

Weather: Drizzle, 5 Degrees

Starting Line-up: 4-4-2 Diamond, Berberov, Chrzipplerinksi, Misja, Tonerovski, Iliev, Golo ©, Powersov, Korjev, Nicholas, Abuzaglo, Bull

1st Half:

Premier side CSKA came out in a complicated 3-5-2, attempting to pull the defense apart with their strikers making wide runs.

CKSA striker Popov made his intentions known early, as he forced a finger-tip save from Berberov in the 9th minute. Abuzaglo got shoved over in the 10th that earned his side a freekick, but the chance was ultimately wasted.

On 15 minutes, a goal looked to be coming as Bull broke through the CSKA defense with a suprising bit of skill, and his initial shot forced a good save from Novosadov. The keeper couldn't hang onto the ball and with the goal at his mercy, Bull couldn't turn the ball back on target, pushing it wide of the net. A good chance that he should have scored.

Chrzipplerinksi got a lecture from the referee in the 18th for knocking over Popov, and just a few minutes later Berberov had to quickly react to push away a Kulik shot.

On 25 minutes, Berberov again pulled off a fingertip save, but from the ensuing corner Popov outjumped Iliev and headed home the first goal of the day. 0-1

St Pete's tried to pick a goal back behind the excellent work of Powersov, who just missed in the 27th and then set up Abuzaglo for a chance two minutes later, but the striker's header went just over the bar. Another Powersov cross found him again in the 30th minute, and this time he hit it on target only to see the keeper get down well and save.

In the 32nd, CKSA doubled their lead as Popov got his second of the day. A good team move by the visitor's ended with Arshavin beating Misja cleanly and setting up the star striker for his 15th of the season. 0-2

CKSA backed off the pressure a bit, but Popov still nearly scored his third as his left-footed volley in the 34th just sailed over the bar. Bull had the next chance a well controlled and struck ball that forced a very fine save from the CSKA keeper.

In the 43rd, Golo stopped an attack and sent the ball out wide for Nicholas to pick up. He hit the ball first time into the area for Abuzaglo, and this time the striker made no mistake and buried a header. 1-2 Abuzaglo

The premier side team didn't hesitate to bounce back, scoring through Berketov with a low drive just before the whistle. 1-3

2nd half:

Pravaya came on for Nicholas, who was struggling against the defense of CSKA. His manager hoping that the player's height might make a difference. It was Golo who made the first impact of the half, however, dribbling past two players and unleashing a shot that forced a good save.

CSKA's Popov was still playing very well and he almost created another goal but Kulik's volley went wide. In the 56th, Berberov was called on again to make a fine save, this time on a fiece shot from Grishin. On the ensuing counter-attack, Pravaya got loose and made a strong run into the box and had a sure chance at goal, but he shot just over when he should have buried it.

Tiring Golo came off for Molotov, and Bull picked up a yellow card. CSKA's Holly had a chance to make it for his club, but hit it well wide in the 64th minute.

In the 65th, CSKA didn't close down Powersov, and the winger went on a long run straight up the field. His whipped-in cross found a soaring Pravaya who headed home at the near post for his 10th of the season. 2-3 Pravaya

Popov again tried to pick his team up, and his shot in the 67th, after beating Chrzipplerinksi forced Berberov to push it away for a corner. The boys were able to clear from the ensuing play.

Popov had two more chances in quick succession in the 74th and 76th, but was wide of the mark both times. Chrzipplerinksi had done just enough on the first attempt, and the striker's powerful header was just off target. Anerdov came on for Bull.

With the 4th official holding up the additional time to be played, the boys knew their cup games might be over. When a Powersov cross came in, it looked like the last chance of the game, and Abuzaglo did well to get it on target. Novosadov knocked the ball away, but Abuzaglo reacted faster than anyone else, picked up the loose ball and hit a low drive that found the corner! 3-3 Abuzaglo

Popov forced another brilliant save from Berberov on the next CSKA attack, and it was Misja who forced the last chance of the game, only to see his shot pushed away.

Extra Time 1st half:

No-one was suprised when Popov got to another ball in the area just after the restart, but his header flashed just over the bar.

Korjev picked up the goal-kick, ran well out side and pulled a ball back into the area for Anerdov. The substitute got up well, and knocked the ball down for Abuzaglo. With the ball sitting up well, Abuzaglo crashed home a brilliant shot for his hattrick and the lead! 4-3 Abuzaglo

Now determined to hold to the game, the boys tried to hold of the more experienced side, Powersov and Misja did well to combine their efforts and disrupt a Lysenko attempt in the 102nd, and the club held on until the break.

Extra Time 2nd half:

Now trailing, everyone watching expected CSKA to come out for the tying goal in flying fashion, but it was the boys who looked the better side now. Pravaya got to the end of a Powersov cross and forced a good save. Anerdov got to the rebound and nearly poked home, only to see the CSKA keeper push it away again. It fell again to Pravaya, and with the goal gaping the player bounced his shot against the post.

Misja nearly sealed the game just moments later as he beat his man cleanly, but his shot trickled wide of the goal. After some good work by Pravaya, the ball fell to the player again and his rifled shot looked good until it nearly shattered the crossbar and came back into play.

CSKA finally had a look at goal in the 116th after Tonerovski clattered Lysenko, and the referee gave a freekick in a dangerous situation. Kuzmichev hit his shot well wide of the goal.

With the game looking almost over, Abuzaglo nearly scored his 4th on the day, but it was superbly pushed away.

Final: 4-3

MOM: Abuzaglo

Manager's Picks: Powersov especially, and Pravaya and Anerdov for good performances from the bench. Misja for leading the back-line in a very solid second half and extra-time performance.

Manager's Goat: Only Nicholas, who looked out of sorts against the top-flight team, and Bull who was the same.

Overall Assessment: Fantastic win. Totally unexpected, and a great come-back to boot.

---

The atmosphere in the locker room was jubilant in celebrating a great achievement after the victory over CSKA Moscow. Pravaya looked just as happy as the player next to him, but inside he was nunplussed. Support from the home fans had been increadibly weak. At the announced attendance ONLY 4641 fans showed up to cheer the Boy's to victory over the hated opponents from Moscow.

"How in the world only 4600 showed up to watch perhaps our greatest victory ever is beyond me"

"What was that Prav?" came somebody next to him.

"Oh, nothing, sorry" said Prav, realizing he was thinking out loud again.

Prav hadn't started the game, but was proud to have come on in the second half to contribute to the monumental come back. Still, he desired to be a pivotal player for the Boys in the next devision, and like any great player, he wanted to be on the feild of battle come game time.

only 4641 in attendance -- boy was I wrong on that prediction

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by attjen:

It was only the 3rd round afterall. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True this is only the 3rd round, but I would think teams like, say, Brighton and Hove, or Millwall (just up from the lower leagues for the first time in ages!), from the English Coca-Cola Championship league, would have had quite a crowd for a third round FA Cup (is that the equivalent of what we are playing?) against the likes of Middlesborough, or Tottenham. Look at Doncaster's victory over Man City. To the rafters there, and they were at home.

Wonder what the next round will bring? Are we at home?

European Cup:

Spartak Moscow defeated Rosenborg 3-0 away.

Lokomotiv Moscow defeated Olympiakos 1-0 at home.

---

St Pete's drawn against Premier side Alania for the Russian Cup 4th Round.

---

Russian Division 1 - Game 34

Metallurg Krasnoya vs St Pete's Boys

Attendance: 19308

Weather: Dry, 1 Degree

Starting Line-up: Toothrotski, Raskolnikov, Misja, Kharp, Iliev, Golo ©, Powersov, Pantsov, Nicholas, Bull, Georgikov

1st Half:

With the club still recovering from their incredible cup win, the last game of the league season saw them away at lower table Krasnoya. A large crowd on hand to see if their club could stop the upstarts from getting to the century goal mark for the season.

A strange start for the boys in this one as Iliev gave up a pk early, and Bulatov scored past Toothrotski. 1-0

It didn't last long as Bull picked up a Nicholas throughball, jinked past his marker, and hit a low shot for the tying goal. 1-1 Bull (98 total goals)

Bull had several chances after that as did Nicholas, and Pantsov, but it took until the 32nd minute for the next goal. Bull went over from a challenge, and Powersov ripped home the freekick from 20 yards out. 1-2 Powersov (99 total goals)

Kamnev scored a goal from nothing in the 37th for the home team to tie it up again. 2-2

Georgikov sent a shot about 50 rows up into the stand to end the half.

2nd half:

Nicholas and Georgikov came off for Pravaya and Anerdov.

Pravaya hit the post with his first touch, a fine shot after good work by Golo. The player went close again but was saved, as did Bull. Toothrotski had to make a fine save in the 57th. In the 63rd, Bull did well to get a shot off as he was crowded by several defenders, but the shot went well over. Pravaya and Bull both saw chances saved or go just wide in the next 10 minutes.

The game was fairly open now with both sides trying to get a win in the last league match. It didn't look like the boys were going to find their 100th goal of the season.

In the 84th, Molotov came on for the tiring Golo. From the restart, Pravaya fed the ball wide for Anerdov, who laid it off for Panstov. Pantsov hit a first time ball to the near post and it was Molotov, who with his first touch on the ball of the day, headed home the 100th goal of the season! 2-3 Molotov (100 total goals)

With the visiting fans still celebrating, Pravaya was unmarked to head home the 101st goal of the season, thanks to a nice cross from Powersov. 2-4 Pravaya

Final: 2-4

---

SKA Khabarovsk relegated. Kuban promoted.

St Pete's 7 game win streak is a new club record.

---

Pravaya led league in games won (21) and team goal scored (85) during his appearances. Molotov was second in the league on pass completion (84%). Golo was second on tackles per game (4.4). Misja was 1st in shots on target (81%).

St Pete's currently hold league records for:

Most Team Points: 79

Most Team Goals: 101

Worst Team Discipline: 33 Yellows/ 1 Red

Biggest Win: 6-1 over Metallurg Krasnoya

Top Goalscorer: 27 by Evanov Nicholas

Highest Avg Rating: 8.46 by Evanov Nicholas in 26 apps

Most MOM: 9 by Evanov Nicholas

---

Lokomotiv Moscow shocked AC Milan with a 1-0 win. Vadim Yevseev scored a brilliant solo goal and earned a 10 match rating.

---

St Pete's Boys have signed Slovenian Ivan Horjak to a coaching position.

---

Spartak Moscow upset Juventus at home with a 1-0 win. Victor Bulatov was stellar in defense.

---

Spartak Moscow have won the Russian Premier division. Saturn have been relegated with one game remaining.

---

Liverpool and Spartak Moscow drew 0-0 in Champions Cup play. Spartak finished 3rd in their group, and will move to the UEFA Cup.

Lokomotiv lost to Mallorca, but finished 2nd in their group.

---

Alania have been relegated from the Premier division.

---

Russian Cup 4th Round

St Pete's Boys vs Alania

Attendance: 6789

Weather: Dry, 8 Degrees

Starting Line-up: Berberov, Raskolnikov, Tonerovski, Kharp, Chrzipplerinski, Golo ©, Powersov, Korjev, Nicholas, Abuzaglo, Georgikov

1st Half:

An odd match for the two clubs, the boys having had almost a month off since finishing off their victorious league season, and Alania playing just a few days after being relegated from the Premier division.

This showed in the game, a relatively dull business. Berberov was untroubled by an early Alania chance that looked a lot more promising before their player hit a weak shot well wide. Georgikov hit a shot well wide after being crowded out, and Powersov saw his right-footed shot turned away for a corner. Golo got the ensuing corner, but his header was saved.

In the 41st minute, Raskolnikov started a good move and hit the ball into the area for Powersov. A cheeky flick-on from the winger troubled the keeper and he managed to only turn it away with his fists. The ball fell nicely for Georgikov who slotted home. 1-0 Georgikov

Abuzaglo had two chances before the half.

2nd half:

Abuzagalo put a header over the bar, and Chrzipplerinksi saw his attempt saved. (Anerdov came on for Abuzaglo.)

Goalscorer Georgikov put a chance towards the corner flag in the 76th, and Misja came on for Golo moments later. Georgikov forced a good save from the keeper in the 80th minute. Jenkov came on for Raskolnikov, as the came ended without incident.

Final: 1-0

MOM: Powersov

Manager's Picks: Golo and Raskolnikov

Manager's Goats: Abuzaglo looked out of sorts, and will not have impressed the CSKA scouts who have been watching the player.

Overall Assessment: A good cup win.

---

St Pete's Boys have been drawn against Uralan in the Russian Cup Quarter-Final. The boys will have the match at home on April 1st.

Season Ending Awards (announced at end of season ceremony:

Most Improved: Anerdov

Least Improved: Toothrotski

Worst Disciplinary record: Chrzipplerinksi

Manager's Role Player of the Year: Pravaya

Most creative player: Powersov

Player most likely to be carted off to jail: Chrzipplerinksi

Player most likely to be carted off the pitch: Georgikov

Player most likely to be carted out the nightclub: Nicholas

Player most likely to be parted from the club: Abuzaglo

Mr. Inconsequential: Iliev

Most Valuable Offensive Player: Abuzaglo

Most Valuable Defensive Player: Golo

and...

Most Valuable Player:

Nicholas

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">************************************************************************************************

Dinamo St. Petersburg - Sunday 17th November 2002

************************************************************************************************

================================================================================================

Squad

================================================================================================

No Name Position(s) Nat Born Age Caps Gls Wages Expires Value

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Abuzaglo, Garzon Moriz D/S C RUS 8.6.84 18 - - £200 27.2.09 £70K

6 Anerdov, Aliasander AM/F RC RUS 30.6.84 18 - - £200 27.2.09 £65K

12 Berberov, Bobski GK RUS 19.3.82 20 - - £200 27.2.09 £18K

7 Bull DM/F C RUS 29.6.83 19 - - £200 27.2.09 £55K

2 Chrzipplerinski, Vladimir D RL RUS 20.1.83 19 - - £200 27.2.09 £30K

1 Fleming, Eric GK USA 25.1.70 32 - - £100 20.7.08 £18K

8 Georgikov, Georgio S C RUS 21.9.84 18 - - £200 27.2.09 £65K

13 Golo DM C RUS 11.7.83 19 - - £200 27.2.09 £50K

14 Iliev, Valentin D R RUS 10.6.83 19 - - £200 27.2.09 £30K

3 Jenkov, Maxim D L RUS 23.1.83 19 - - £200 27.2.09 £30K

5 Kharp, Georgiy D C RUS 27.9.83 19 - - £200 27.2.09 £30K

15 Korjev, Alexander AM R RUS 9.9.84 18 - - £200 27.2.09 £50K

- Malyshev, Mikhail D LC RUS 17.3.84 18 - - £75 17.11.04 £12K

16 Misja D/DM C RUS 11.10.83 19 - - £200 27.2.09 £35K

17 Molotov, Stanovoi Khrebet D/DM C RUS 13.11.83 19 - - £200 27.2.09 £35K

18 Nicholas, Evanov AM C RUS 26.2.84 18 - - £200 27.2.09 £70K

24 Pantsov, Biig Takeshiski D/DM R RUS 1.7.83 19 - - £200 27.2.09 £50K

19 Powersov, Sergei AM L RUS 4.2.84 18 - - £200 27.2.09 £55K

20 Pravaya, Kopiteski AM/F LC RUS 25.7.84 18 - - £200 27.2.09 £65K

- Quow, Trevor D/DM RL ENG 28.9.60 42 - - £210 13.11.04 £12K

21 Raskolnikov, Robert D/DM LC RUS 12.7.83 19 - - £200 27.2.09 £35K

22 Tonerovski, Vladimir D C RUS 14.11.83 19 - - £200 27.2.09 £30K

23 Toothrotski, Hermonov GK RUS 24.3.82 20 - - £200 27.2.09 £24K

2002 Senior Club Stats

No Name Apps Gls Con Pens Asts Yel Red MoM Av R

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Abuzaglo, Garzon Moriz 28 19 0 0 8 2 0 5 8.21

6 Anerdov, Aliasander 14 (15) 9 0 0 1 2 0 0 7.24

12 Berberov, Bobski 19 (1) 0 24 0 1 0 0 0 6.75

7 Bull 24 (4) 9 0 0 7 7 0 3 7.68

2 Chrzipplerinski, Vladimir 16 (8) 2 0 0 1 2 1 0 7.13

1 Fleming, Eric 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

8 Georgikov, Georgio 12 (13) 9 0 2 (2) 0 1 0 1 7.08

13 Golo 25 (2) 1 0 0 4 6 0 1 7.89

14 Iliev, Valentin 20 (4) 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 6.88

3 Jenkov, Maxim 18 (5) 1 0 0 1 2 0 0 7.00

5 Kharp, Georgiy 23 (3) 1 0 0 3 1 0 0 6.96

15 Korjev, Alexander 25 (1) 3 0 1 (1) 14 2 0 3 7.92

- Malyshev, Mikhail - - - - - - - - ----

16 Misja 13 (14) 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 7.00

17 Molotov, Stanovoi Khrebet 10 (17) 3 0 0 0 1 0 0 6.85

18 Nicholas, Evanov 29 27 0 0 14 1 0 9 8.31

24 Pantsov, Biig Takeshiski 20 (5) 2 0 0 7 1 0 2 7.32

19 Powersov, Sergei 29 (1) 8 0 2 (2) 17 4 0 7 8.17

20 Pravaya, Kopiteski 17 (12) 11 0 0 4 2 0 1 7.62

- Quow, Trevor - - - - - - - - ----

21 Raskolnikov, Robert 21 (2) 0 0 0 3 0 0 1 7.22

22 Tonerovski, Vladimir 26 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 6.96

23 Toothrotski, Hermonov 18 (2) 0 22 0 0 0 0 0 7.00

2002 Fixtures

Date Opposition Ven Competition Res Attend Scorers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.3.02 Dinamo Makhachkala H Friendly 3:1 1112 Georgikov, Powersov, Abuzaglo

13.3.02 Dinamo Krasnodar H Friendly 3:1 951 Georgikov, Nicholas, Yarmizin og

16.3.02 Dinamo Izhevsk H Friendly 3:0 1288 Anerdov, Bull, Abuzaglo

20.3.02 Dinamo Bryansk H Friendly 4:1 1330 Anerdov, Bull, Georgikov, Pravaya

24.3.02 Dinamo Barnaul H Friendly 3:1 7802 Pravaya, Korjev, Abuzaglo

31.3.02 SKA Khabarovsk A First Division 4:1 14902 Nicholas 3, Anerdov

6.4.02 Fakel H First Division 4:0 6707 Nicholas 2, Abuzaglo, Boltrushevich og

13.4.02 Amkar A First Division 3:1 15848 Nicholas 2, Pravaya

19.4.02 Gaz-Gaz H First Division 2:3 6732 Korjev, Georgikov

25.4.02 Kristall Smolensk A First Division 2:0 10393 Abuzaglo 2

1.5.02 Rubin H First Division 2:3 6891 Molotov, Georgikov

7.5.02 Lokomotiv Chita A First Division 5:1 11455 Anerdov 3, Bull 2

13.5.02 Spartak Nalchik H First Division 2:0 7830 Abuzaglo 2

19.5.02 Kuban H First Division 1:1 8728 Georgikov pen

25.5.02 SKA Rostov-na-Donu A First Division 6:3 3444 Powersov, Pravaya 3, Anerdov, Pantsov

31.5.02 Neftekhimik H First Division 1:1 6423 Georgikov pen

6.6.02 Lada A First Division 2:1 3700 Korjev, Pravaya

12.6.02 Tom H First Division 1:2 14412 Abuzaglo

18.6.02 Khimki A First Division 5:0 4481 Powersov, Abuzaglo, Pravaya, Nicholas, Misja

24.6.02 Chernomorets H First Division 3:1 8396 Abuzaglo, Pravaya, Nicholas

3.7.02 Spartak Nalchik H Russian Cup 2nd Rnd 3:2 2871 Georgikov 2, Anerdov

9.7.02 Metallurg Krasnoyars H First Division 6:1 13869 Nicholas 2, Bull, Molotov, Anerdov, Georgikov

13.7.02 SKA Khabarovsk H First Division 5:1 14617 Abuzaglo, Pravaya, Nicholas 2, Korjev pen

17.7.02 Volgar A First Division 4:0 26088 Nicholas 2, Bull, Jenkov

24.7.02 Fakel A First Division 0:1 25238

30.7.02 Amkar H First Division 3:3 12771 Bull, Nicholas 2

5.8.02 Gaz-Gaz A First Division 5:2 11845 Chrzipplerinski, Abuzaglo 2, Kharp, Nicholas

11.8.02 Kristall Smolensk H First Division 2:1 5908 Bull, Nicholas

17.8.02 Rubin A First Division 3:1 8462 Nicholas, Powersov pen, Bull

23.8.02 Lokomotiv Chita H First Division 4:1 14712 Powersov 2 (1 pen), Golo, Nicholas

29.8.02 Spartak Nalchik A First Division 2:1 12802 Nicholas, Pantsov

4.9.02 Neftekhimik A First Division 1:0 4962 Anerdov

8.9.02 SKA Rostov-na-Donu H First Division 1:2 7232 Georgikov

12.9.02 Tom A First Division 3:3 11995 Abuzaglo, Pravaya, Anerdov

18.9.02 Lada H First Division 4:1 6491 Nicholas 3, Abuzaglo

24.9.02 Kuban A First Division 2:1 14843 Abuzaglo, Nicholas

30.9.02 Khimki H First Division 6:1 16198 Abuzaglo 2, Chrzipplerinski, Powersov, Misja 2

6.10.02 Chernomorets A First Division 1:0 10740 Powersov

12.10.02 Volgar H First Division 2:1 12274 Nicholas, Bull

15.10.02 CSKA H Russian Cup 3rd Rnd 4:3 4641 Abuzaglo 3, Pravaya

19.10.02 Metallurg Krasnoyars A First Division 4:2 19308 Bull, Powersov, Molotov, Pravaya

16.11.02 Alania H Russian Cup 4th Rnd 1:0 6789 Georgikov

</pre>

If I had to pick the major surprises this year . . .

1)The sheer number of goals that we scored - Nicholas was an animal for us, and on another team may have scored into the high 30's.

2)Powersov up the wing seemed to be in the middle of some very important games and I was not surprised to see his average rating up very high. I'm of half a mind to see how many crosses of his that Pravaya was able to get on the on the other end of. Good choice for most creative player. Had he chipped in a 3 or 4 more goals, I would have thought him easily the most valuable offensive player.

Biggest dissapointments -

Easily our goal keeping. I thought we were powerful champions - always a danger offensively - but we had very few clean sheets for a team that dominated thier opponents so much. We must have dominated possession all year with the number of goals scored, but even against a poor team who would get the odd chance every so often, they would catch our keepers out of concentration. I suspect they will do a little better this year becuase they will be much busier throughout the game, and not caught by surprise by one or two sudden chances. That said, I thought our defense was pretty good.

Bravisimo to attjen for your superior and sustained effort. I'm looking forward to the rest of the cup and to next season.

Only Abuzaglo is being scouted right now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nicholas: "the Premier League teams will pay for their insolence." icon_biggrin.gif

Great work attjen, finally one of my players turns out a good 'un.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> ************************************************************************************************

Russian First Division - Sunday 17th November 2002

************************************************************************************************

2002 Table

Pos Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag Won Drn Lst For Ag Pts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st C St Pete's Boys 34 10 3 4 49 23 15 1 1 52 18 79

2nd P Kuban 34 13 3 1 38 13 7 6 4 27 22 69

3rd Gaz-Gaz 34 10 5 2 36 23 10 3 4 33 25 68

4th Rubin 34 11 3 3 38 27 8 2 7 37 36 62

5th Tom 34 10 2 5 41 30 7 5 5 24 21 58

6th Amkar 34 8 7 2 34 20 8 3 6 34 29 58

7th Chernomorets 34 10 4 3 30 15 5 7 5 34 37 56

8th Kristall Smolensk 34 10 5 2 30 15 5 4 8 24 24 54

9th SKA Rostov-na-Donu 34 8 2 7 38 31 8 1 8 31 31 51

10th Fakel 34 10 4 3 34 22 3 3 11 19 33 46

11th Khimki 34 10 0 7 32 33 3 6 8 28 39 45

12th Neftekhimik 34 10 2 5 30 21 3 3 11 22 30 44

13th Metallurg Krasnoyarsk 34 8 3 6 30 27 4 2 11 31 51 41

14th Spartak Nalchik 34 6 1 10 19 28 4 3 10 15 27 34

15th Lokomotiv Chita 34 4 4 9 32 43 3 3 11 23 41 28

16th R SKA Khabarovsk 34 3 5 9 27 40 3 3 11 26 44 26

17th R Volgar 34 3 4 10 25 40 1 3 13 15 37 19

18th R Lada 34 2 4 11 24 39 2 3 12 15 42 19

2002 Goals

Pos Player Club Apps Gls

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Evanov Nicholas St Pete's Boys 26 27

2nd Konstantin Paramonov Amkar 34 26

3rd Alexandr Alferov Metallurg Krasnoyarsk 34 21

4th Sergey Burdin Gaz-Gaz 34 20

5th Nail Galimov Lokomotiv Chita 34 20

9th Garzon Moriz Abuzaglo St Pete's Boys 26 16

27th Kopiteski Pravaya St Pete's Boys 17 (10) 10

2002 Assists

Pos Player Club Apps Asts

1st Andrey Kovalenko Kuban 34 15

2nd Alexandr Semyanov Gaz-Gaz 25 (1) 14

3rd Vadim Shpitalny Amkar 24 (3) 14

4th Alexander Korjev St Pete's Boys 23 (1) 14

5th Evanov Nicholas St Pete's Boys 26 13

6th Sergei Powersov St Pete's Boys 26 (1) 13

23rd Garzon Moriz Abuzaglo St Pete's Boys 26 8

2002 Average Rating

Pos Player Club Apps Av R

1st Evanov Nicholas St Pete's Boys 26 8.46

2nd Garzon Moriz Abuzaglo St Pete's Boys 26 8.23

3rd Sergei Powersov St Pete's Boys 26 (1) 8.07

4th Alexander Korjev St Pete's Boys 23 (1) 8.00

5th Oleg Terekhin Kuban 33 (1) 7.91

6th Golo St Pete's Boys 23 (2) 7.84

11th Bull St Pete's Boys 22 (4) 7.77

21st Kopiteski Pravaya St Pete's Boys 17 (10) 7.52

2002 Man of Match

Pos Player Club Apps MoM

1st Evanov Nicholas St Pete's Boys 26 9

2nd Yury Shukanov Fakel 30 6

3rd Alexandr Alferov Metallurg Krasnoyarsk 34 6

4th Konstantin Paramonov Amkar 34 6

5th Sergei Powersov St Pete's Boys 26 (1) 6

25th Garzon Moriz Abuzaglo St Pete's Boys 26 4

</pre>

Archived