Any reason why...

I am currently managing Bayern Munich. The season has just ended and my board set my expectation for me as winning the league and then gave 20.5 million to spend. That was ok but just as I was about to buy dzeko for 20 mil I found out that I didnt have the 20.5 mil anymore.

My maximum transfer money was 1 million and when I asked the board to give me more money they said I already have enough resources.

Why would the money randomly disappear?

Its probably because you've bought a lot of players on monthly installments. The 12 month equivalent for each of these transfers will be taken out of your budget for this year.

I never buy players on monthly installments, always money upfront

I think if you've been buying players over 48 months and such like they deduct the years worth of transfers from your budget. Its just a guess though as it happened to me once. I don't usually buy players by installments.

Okay people are faster than me then. :)

This could be down to a debt that the board may have or the yearly dividend payouts. For some reason at Bayern you always have money to pay out end of season, no explanation as to why.

But surely they woulddn;t give me the transfer budget in the first place then?

But surely they woulddn;t give me the transfer budget in the first place then?

I know it doesnt make sense but I think its to do with the dividends. The trick would then be to spend it before it goes away. I doubt its a bug since Im sure its been there since 06 or 07 but you never know. The way ppl test this game, they seem to only check the English league so then things happen which seem so obvious to anyone else.

in my moneybags man city game, the shiek dude gave me 30 million in december and 40 million in march.

none of this money showed up in my transfer kitty, when i checked the overall finances you could see that the club had just recieved the money.

i would have quit the game if it werent for me gettin 100 million to spend the next season. even though i think i would have got that anyway.

and surely the idea about paying off debts wouldnt apply with man city?

in my moneybags man city game, the shiek dude gave me 30 million in december and 40 million in march.

none of this money showed up in my transfer kitty, when i checked the overall finances you could see that the club had just recieved the money.

i would have quit the game if it werent for me gettin 100 million to spend the next season. even though i think i would have got that anyway.

and surely the idea about paying off debts wouldnt apply with man city?

If we take Man City to be like its real example then there would be no dividends but there could be debts. The Sheik at Man City is nto going to give money away fro nothing in return. No-one does. However the way the game looks at it, it could be for affiliates, youth setup or stadium costs. It shoudl be better reflected and I still think the ayern example could be a bug but its been happening since 06 or 07, can't exactly remember which version.

Archived