Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just give a try your winger tactic like

----------st----------

-aml-------------amr-

-------mc--mc-------

----------dm---------

-fb---dc-----dc---fb-

----------gk----------

(fb can be wb)

i think you will have possesion and passing domination

would be awesome if a successful tactic of this formation would be made.My favourite formation

Again, incredible. After resigning to stay in Genoa, I was looking for work in lower division team but incredibly not accept me. In the end, I returned to Holland with Twente was the last and the 8 games and we have placed in the top of the table. becoming more important stages such as Ajax and Groningen. I'll settle for being among the top 5.

tabla11.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tabla111.png

resultadosj.png

After a long time without playing, I came back and ended the season with FC Twente. At the end I managed to get into Europe, although I could get in Champions Leagu. Although, as always happens when I take a team started the season, tied several home games I could have given the 2nd position.

tabla12.png

I checked out that Spurs game you uploaded Dave and I'm very impressed with what I seen.

I think it was 3 shots on target for Man Utd and 0 ccc's , that is great.

I hope you'll be able to release it over this weekend as I can't wait to try it out.

I checked out that Spurs game you uploaded Dave and I'm very impressed with what I seen.

I think it was 3 shots on target for Man Utd and 0 ccc's , that is great.

I hope you'll be able to release it over this weekend as I can't wait to try it out.

Cheers Graeme i will be looking at the tactic in depth but I'm working most of the weekend so i don't think I'll get round to releasing it until next mate sorry.

i just fibnished my 1st season with derby on an update from this site ,what i did was i used your latest tactic dave and changed it to a 4-4-2 trying to play like man utd did when they use there 4-4-2.. how it turned out was predicted to finish 16th i had 1.5 million to spend and used it in january and got leigh griffins scottish striker.....i finshed 3rd i scored over 100 goals but connceded over 50.....awesome in attack but im trying to work out defence my front 2 i have is a poucher and a target man.....im just working hard on the defence as its not that flash...

ps i lost play off final to sheff utd 2-1 as 3mins time on jamie ward scored in 93rd min....gutted

mr hough,

me myself am trying to create a winger tactic, so thought maybe you could help in solving a problem.

I got the problem, that my both wingers, who play as inside forwards drop to deep to receive the ball, when my side is trying to build up the game from my own third. this causes, that the opposition put me on pressure very early and I cant build up a game.

how did you managed to solve the problem? did you allow them roam from position?

would be nice if you could help me!!!

Thanks for getting back to me, Thats an unbeleivable acheivment mate well done. I think i will take your advice on board and implement it into my winger tactic.

Yeah, sorry it took a few days to get back to you. Been busy conquering Europe ;)

I think the passing tweaks are quite good as they seem to enable your team to play more as a team. More players contribute to attacks and goals.

Here is a pic of the league table from my latest season:

season201718.png

Aside from the league we won all the other trophies as well. The center striker scoring 72 goals in 60 appearances (all competitions). This is in part due to the passing tweaks. My MCs provided so many assists to him. One of MCs actually had more assists in this season, than two MCs had in the prior one combined. All were from open play as well.

PS - We're still on the unbeaten streak in the league which now stretches to 107 matches.

4123 Unbeaten Final version. I've already mentioned this a few posts up.

I agree completly with the midfield mixed passing setting, I often see my midfielders lifting the ball over the defence either for my wingers to run on to or my strikers which is really quite brilliant.

DirtyAce what Training do you use?

I use a mix of SFraser's, Jenko's, and my own. Just depends on what my players need.

dirtyace this is the result when using final unbeaten with ur tweak..

juv.jpg

but dont u mind uploading ur tactic ?

Looks like good results to me.

Did you make all the tweaks? Like increasing the passing for the MCs to mixed?

He's not making this formation people. I know it is Gav, as it mine ;)

tweaked the mrhough and jp woody final version 4-1-2-3 one to a 4-1-2-2-1 winger tactic for man utd and so far going very well.Played 24 competitive games

chelsea 0-0 but lost on penalties 1ccc to chelseas 0

wigan 5-0 win 3 ccc to wigans 0

liverpool 1-0 win 3 ccc to liverpools 1

man city 6-0 win 5 ccc to citys 1

portsmouth 2-0 win 4 ccc to portsmouths 0

stoke 3-1 win 3cc to stokes 1

olympiakos 4-0 win 2ccc to olympiakos 0 (i was down to 10 men after 30 mins)

fulham 3-2 win 5ccc to fulhams 0

stoke 3-1 win 3ccc to stokes 1

olympiakos 4-0 win 2ccc to olympiakos 0

doncaster 2-0 win 1 ccc to doncasters 2

arsenal 2-2 draw 1ccc to arsenals 0

zurich 4-0 win 2 ccc to zurics 0

burnley 3-1 win 5 ccc to burnleys 2

birmingham 3-0 win 4 ccc to birminghams 0

cska 2-1 win 4 ccc to cska 0

coventry 2-0 win 2 ccc to coventrys 0

everton 2-0 win 0 ccc to evertons 0

cska 1-1 draw 2 ccc to cska 0

wolves 4-1 win 4 ccc to wolves 0

working very well so far with 4 new signings.rene adler and guillermo ochoa as goalkeepers and sali muntari and fernando gago as midfielders.

tweaked the mrhough and jp woody final version 4-1-2-3 one to a 4-1-2-2-1 winger tactic for man utd and so far going very well.Played 24 competitive games

chelsea 0-0 but lost on penalties 1ccc to chelseas 0

wigan 5-0 win 3 ccc to wigans 0

liverpool 1-0 win 3 ccc to liverpools 1

man city 6-0 win 5 ccc to citys 1

portsmouth 2-0 win 4 ccc to portsmouths 0

stoke 3-1 win 3cc to stokes 1

olympiakos 4-0 win 2ccc to olympiakos 0 (i was down to 10 men after 30 mins)

stoke 3-1 win 3ccc to stokes 1

olympiakos 4-0 win 2ccc to olympiakos 0

doncaster 2-0 win 1 ccc to doncasters 2

arsenal 2-2 draw 1ccc to arsenals 0

zurich 4-0 win 2 ccc to zurics 0

burnley 3-1 win 5 ccc to burnleys 2

birmingham 3-0 win 4 ccc to birminghams 0

cska 2-1 win 4 ccc to cska 0

coventry 2-0 win 2 ccc to coventrys 0

everton 2-0 win 0 ccc to evertons 0

cska 1-1 draw 2 ccc to cska 0

wolves 4-1 win 4 ccc to wolves 0

working very well so far with 4 new signings.rene adler and guillermo ochoa as goalkeepers and sali muntari and fernando gago as midfielders.

going well with united,going to do a test with everton and see how it pans out

Hi guys I just ended my Espanyol season using the latest 4-1-2-3 tactic and I lost the title in extra time due to Messi scoring the 1-2 for Barcelona at Tenerife. This was indeed as dissapointing as it sounds but I know that the tactic really got the maximum out of my average squad. I even managed to win from Barcelona on their own ground!. I found that if you put the 2 outer strikers on their oposed foot, you get the best out of them, the same thing goes for the MC's. Just to illustrate this: Joan Verdú got 14 goals and 15 assists and an average rating of 7.32 from the MCL position in 41 apps and Gaston Fernandez got 20 goals and 13 assists in 42 apps from the FCL position.

My result with Espanyol clearly show this tactic is effective for smaller teams as well. Thanks for the tactic Mr Hough, it's the best one out there :thup:

Here are some screens:

RCDEspanyoldeBarcelonaSAD.png

LIGABBVA.png

I agree completly with the midfield mixed passing setting, I often see my midfielders lifting the ball over the defence either for my wingers to run on to or my strikers which is really quite brilliant.

I've just watched the spurs v man utd match. I'm very impressed as well to be honest!!!

When you release the new tactic, i think it should have it's own thread as well. Will the player stats be the same as in the OP? if not can you please give some info on player stats for this 4-4-2 tactic. I just need to know if my current squad has what it takes to cope with the new tactic. Also will it be a classic tactic or wizard? Thanks

hi mr.hough.

ive watched your uploaded pkm and could observe that even you were playing with wingers, your team wasnt really playing wide. I could see that your wingers were playing more like inside forward with a lot of run from deeps right?

what is the best way to know if your striker is a poacher, deep lying forward or an advanced forward. Please can someone tell me how they work it out.

The only way i do it is by adding up all the attributes essential for each and put the player in the role that has the most,,,,,each role has 10 essential attributes needed,,,,is this a good way of doing it or has someone got a better way????????

what is the best way to know if your striker is a poacher, deep lying forward or an advanced forward. Please can someone tell me how they work it out.

The only way i do it is by adding up all the attributes essential for each and put the player in the role that has the most,,,,,each role has 10 essential attributes needed,,,,is this a good way of doing it or has someone got a better way????????

The tactics wizard/creator highlights the key attributes for each player when you select a certain role for them. You can take one of your strikers and see which of the roles highlights the most of his highest attributes, that should be enough to know what type of striker he is. Though sometimes you'll have a player that can fit any of the roles, but these are usually the very best in the world.

Here's a few more tips for all of you to maximize the effectiveness for your own teams:

1. Just as what I've mentioned earlier about increasing the passing for the MCs and STs, you can also do this with a few other positions. That is if you have players with good passing, decisions, and anticipation there. For example if you have another good passer in the DMC position, then increase his passing as well. In my own game, my DMC is a really good passer, so I increased his passing to match that of the MCs. I've also increased his creative freedom to match those of MCs. The creative freedom increase has to do with his high mental stats as well. I want to take advantage of these, hence the increase.

2. As I said in the first point above, try increasing the creative freedom a bit for players that would be able to handle it. Ones with good decisions and anticipation. Having good creativity also wouldn't hurt. In fact, in my game, I increased the creative freedom for the entire backline by one notch. This is to help them in moving the ball around. Sometimes when players have too low creative freedom, they will be indecisive about where and to whom to pass to, which can lead to mistakes, interceptions, and subsequent counter attacks by the opposition. It's also evident in the players' behavior on the pitch. Sometimes you'll see a player receive the ball and then he'll sort of spin around with it, not really knowing what to do. This usually indicates that his creative freedom and/or passing are set too low.

***CAUTION*** Don't think of the two tweaks above as being uniform across all players. For example, if your backup DMC does not have good passing, then you should decrease his passing when you bring him on, don't let him play with a mixed passing setting, because he'll give away the ball often. Same if he has low mental settings, set his creative freedom to a lower setting. You basically want to play to your teams strengths as much as possible and keep away from your team's weaknesses as much as possible. So if you have a great passing DMC, then that is your strength and you want to exploit it. However, once that player is subbed off for someone who is just an average passer at best, then that strength now becomes your weakness, which you want to avoid. Just common sense really.

3. I've re-worked the defensive corner routine from Mr. Hough's original one. The main reason for this is actually the FM engine itself. There's a problem when you tell a player to simply stay back on defensive corners. The player ends up doing very little in terms of actual defense. Instead, that player needs to be give more specific instructions, like Man Mark or Mark Tall Player for example. Essentially what I recommend is changing all the players that are simply set to "stay back" to some other instruction.

In my own game I have my team set in the following way:

GK: default

DR: mark far post

DL: mark small player

DC: mark tall player

DMC: man mark

MCr: mark near post

MCl: mark small player

STr: close down corner

STc: forward

STl: forward

a small question DirtyAce you increased all the backline creative freedom including the fullbacks ?? i mean in your previously tweks you said that you increased the DR and the DL freedom by 1 notch so that means that now i increase them again by 1 notch ?

a small question DirtyAce you increased all the backline creative freedom including the fullbacks ?? i mean in your previously tweks you said that you increased the DR and the DL freedom by 1 notch so that means that now i increase them again by 1 notch ?

Sorry for the confusion. The fullbacks were increased by one notch only, along with the center backs. That's it.

hi mr.hough.

ive watched your uploaded pkm and could observe that even you were playing with wingers, your team wasnt really playing wide. I could see that your wingers were playing more like inside forward with a lot of run from deeps right?

Your right it's not massivay wide but they do play wide i have them on the normal setting so they basicaly make there own decisions what to do instead of me telling one setting like hug the line or cut inside, I think this gets the best out of them.

Here's a few more tips for all of you to maximize the effectiveness for your own teams:

1. Just as what I've mentioned earlier about increasing the passing for the MCs and STs, you can also do this with a few other positions. That is if you have players with good passing, decisions, and anticipation there. For example if you have another good passer in the DMC position, then increase his passing as well. In my own game, my DMC is a really good passer, so I increased his passing to match that of the MCs. I've also increased his creative freedom to match those of MCs. The creative freedom increase has to do with his high mental stats as well. I want to take advantage of these, hence the increase.

2. As I said in the first point above, try increasing the creative freedom a bit for players that would be able to handle it. Ones with good decisions and anticipation. Having good creativity also wouldn't hurt. In fact, in my game, I increased the creative freedom for the entire backline by one notch. This is to help them in moving the ball around. Sometimes when players have too low creative freedom, they will be indecisive about where and to whom to pass to, which can lead to mistakes, interceptions, and subsequent counter attacks by the opposition. It's also evident in the players' behavior on the pitch. Sometimes you'll see a player receive the ball and then he'll sort of spin around with it, not really knowing what to do. This usually indicates that his creative freedom and/or passing are set too low.

***CAUTION*** Don't think of the two tweaks above as being uniform across all players. For example, if your backup DMC does not have good passing, then you should decrease his passing when you bring him on, don't let him play with a mixed passing setting, because he'll give away the ball often. Same if he has low mental settings, set his creative freedom to a lower setting. You basically want to play to your teams strengths as much as possible and keep away from your team's weaknesses as much as possible. So if you have a great passing DMC, then that is your strength and you want to exploit it. However, once that player is subbed off for someone who is just an average passer at best, then that strength now becomes your weakness, which you want to avoid. Just common sense really.

3. I've re-worked the defensive corner routine from Mr. Hough's original one. The main reason for this is actually the FM engine itself. There's a problem when you tell a player to simply stay back on defensive corners. The player ends up doing very little in terms of actual defense. Instead, that player needs to be give more specific instructions, like Man Mark or Mark Tall Player for example. Essentially what I recommend is changing all the players that are simply set to "stay back" to some other instruction.

In my own game I have my team set in the following way:

GK: default

DR: mark far post

DL: mark small player

DMC: man mark

MCr: mark near post

MCl: mark small player

STr: close down corner

STc: forward

STl: forward

Thisis brilliant dirtyACE and will help alot of people out, Thanks for taking the time to write this out.

Sitting in January, 19 losses in a row lol, my only victory was vs macclesfield in the fa cup (scraped a 2-1). My players' morale is wrecked now. At least no chance of the sack fortunately, but will have to rebuild in the championship. Scouted using the filters and half my team is now 'suitable' for the tactic, but still losing by a mile against everyone.