Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

Had amazing successes with GCS version (well, as Roma manager i had to modify it a bit due to lack of strikers)

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3530/game1a.png

Won league every season except one, when i took underpreforming Atletico mid-season and it was too late to catch escaping Blancos

Especially last season was amazing; undefeated, won all games in league and all possible trophies.

ligabbvaq.png

Are u save load??

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I scored somewhere between 3 and 4 goals average too last season and maybe 10 where from corners... that screenshot is from 2018/19, more than enough time to build a kickass squad

funny how someone has done a season like that and all he gets is asked if he cheated haha i am at that seasons using different tatic and i just did near enough the name but drew some games by that time the squad you can put together can be amazing

Hey, just got a question about the strikers.

Adv 4wd - DLF - Adv 4wd

is how the 3 up front look, so should the advanced forward on the left use left or right foot and same for the one on the right, and does the foot matter for the deep lying forward.

Are u save load??
May be he use bug corner

Of course not, what would be then a point of posting those results?

Overall in my career i have scored on average 2.9 goals per game and conceded 0.9 per game

Percentage of wins: about 75-80% in ~700 games

Even through i managed to win an league and champions cup almost every season (well, with CC when it was possible), i was largely disappointed with the results in national cups, especially Italian one, where I was two times eliminated in first round.

Would you mind posting a pic of your squad?
that screenshot is from 2018/19, more than enough time to build a kickass squad

Actually it was my only 3rd season with Los Coloncheros, but during those three years I have been very lucky with finding talented players:

Some players from my current Atletico squad

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1812/16lucianodedios.png

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/4886/25lorenzogarcafernndez.png

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/446/19braulioortiz.png

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/82/14andrniemeyer.png

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4339/8francescorusso.png

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/7164/9alexeygordeev.png

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8453/11ivanlalic.png

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4024/24antoineweibel.png

Form non-regen players: Asenjo, Delac, Wheater, Santon and Ozil. In the undefeated season also had Dzeko, Geromel and Nani (retrained to MC)

I think this the first time ever that I've downloaded a tactic and I felt obliged to come in here and pay my respects. This **** is brilliant :D

It's exactly how I want my team to play, and how I always try to get my teams to play (I'm using the classic version).

The only small downside is that some positions are very heavy on fitness. Luckily I brought in a load of squad players on free transfers, so it shouldn't be a real problem though. I'll just have to rotate a bit more.

I'm using it for my Bayern team. I took over from Van Gaal at the start of the 2011-2012 season and I've spent my entire first season looking for a system that I liked. We got results, that wasn't really the problem, but I couldn't get a good 433 or 451 system working. Throughout the season I've played with everything imaginable: 442, 41212, 4222, 41221, 433, 451, 4132, etc. The only benefit was that my opponents never knew what to expect.

Now with this tactic I finally see my team playing how I like it and I'm finally getting some more spectacular results than the usual low score draws or wins.

Here's my fantastic succes with classic version win premier league+ FA cup with Wimbledon in my 2nd season and promoted every year.

beznzvubwg.png

I'am working on better defence here's my result with classic version:

66955991.png

and after my edit:

56186601.png

Has anyone tried Neymar from Santos in these tactics? I'm currently using the classic, but he has been dire in it. I've been trying him in all three striker positions, though the center striker should be most ideal for him given his stats. However, he plays worse than another player (Gaston Fernandez) but that player is no where near as skillful as Neymar.

Here's a comparison pic of the two players:

fernandezneymarcomparis.png

It's clear that Neymar is the better player, however, Fernandez is simply on fire at center forward position, and has been for the last 3 years, but Neymar is pretty disappointing. I don't understand why this is. He should be excelling there given his stats.

Has anyone tried Neymar from Santos in these tactics? I'm currently using the classic, but he has been dire in it. I've been trying him in all three striker positions, though the center striker should be most ideal for him given his stats. However, he plays worse than another player (Gaston Fernandez) but that player is no where near as skillful as Neymar.

It's clear that Neymar is the better player, however, Fernandez is simply on fire at center forward position, and has been for the last 3 years, but Neymar is pretty disappointing. I don't understand why this is. He should be excelling there given his stats.

Hi DirtyAce,

i too had experiences of skilled players not performing in the central role, especially using the Wizard version. I am using the Classic version now too. My observations, is that the quicker, better dribblers and skilled players do better on the Left and Right Striker positions. They have opportunities to run the channels and because of their 'Mixed' run from deep setting, they usually have space infront of them to run into and take on defenders.

A lot of the time, they are either marked zonally by fullback and 1 DC.

In a central role, the striker would be running between the DCs. Imagine, ur skillful dribbler being sandwiched by 2 beasts in the 6 yard box. If he is tall, big and strong, and still skillful, aka Torres types, then fine. If not, he is likely to be nudged off the ball or run into a 'brick wall' or double brickwall in this case. Even if he does manage to get the ball, he doesnt have space, because playing 3 strikers, the penalty box is congested with at least 3ST + 4Def + 1 GK. Matters are worse if the op. uses a DMC. I like to use my strongest striker in the Central role, i use Edin Dzeko, Adriano and sometimes Edinson Cavani. All way over 6 ft, strong and deceptively skillful with good acceleration.

My suggestion would be to use both Neymar and Gaston on the left and right and put ur strongest striker in the middle. Try it out.

Hi DirtyAce,

i too had experiences of skilled players not performing in the central role, especially using the Wizard version. I am using the Classic version now too. My observations, is that the quicker, better dribblers and skilled players do better on the Left and Right Striker positions. They have opportunities to run the channels and because of their 'Mixed' run from deep setting, they usually have space infront of them to run into and take on defenders.

In a central role, the striker would be running between the DCs. Imagine, ur skillful dribbler being sandwiched by 2 beasts in the 6 yard box. If he is tall, big and strong, and still skillful, aka Torres types, then fine. If not, he is likely to be nudged off the ball or run into a 'brick wall' or double brickwall in this case. Even if he does manage to get the ball, he doesnt have space, because playing 3 strikers, the penalty box is congested with at least 3ST + 4Def + 1 GK. Matters are worse if the op. uses a DMC. I like to use my strongest striker in the Central role, i use Edin Dzeko, Adriano and sometimes Edinson Cavani. All way over 6 ft, strong and deceptively skillful with good acceleration.

My suggestion would be to use both Neymar and Gaston on the left and right and put ur strongest striker in the middle. Try it out.

I must agree. I am playing Man City in the first season with the classic version and Vucenic in the central role and Balotelli and Tevez on the left and right. Vucenic have scored 29 goals and has given 29 assists after 34 games. He totally rocked! Beat Man Utd at home with 2-5 and in the City Ground with 6-2. Only Chelsea i am struggeling with but I am 6 points ahead.

Very intrested Mr H. Do you think this could be your best tactic....

I think we should try and name an ultimate (gettable) team for your 4-3-3....thoughts?

It's hard to define the best tactic because it depends on the players and team that your using.

It's certainly better in defence so thats a start lol.

I'm gonna do one final test and then release it either tonight or tomorrow depending onhow quickly i get through the season.

Hey, just thought I'd let you know how I'm getting on with your Classic tactic with Blackburn...

Blackburn have a very small budget so I'm having to force some players to play in positions they're otherwise not used to. The first season started off quite badly, 10 games gone and we were 16th. Scoring loads, but also conceding loads. Around October/November things really picked up and after loaning Abou Diaby in Jabuary we finished 7th. Kalinic scored 24 goals and Di Santo got 22 :) Second season I got a bit of money to spend thanks to the good finishing position, I currently line up (when everybody is fit) with:

Robinson

Olsson

Samba

Caceres

Emerton

N'Zonzi

Diaby

Reid

MGP

Kalinic

Di Santo

After our first ten games, we'd won nine and lost one, top of the league. We've slipped a bit thanks to injuries (I have no decent backup for Caceres, and when Diaby gets injured my next choice is an inconsistant David Dunn) and are 3rd now, but considering the squad it's still pretty impressive. We leak goals, but score enough to usually win or at least draw. Part of my problem is certainly Olsson and Emerton - both often get poor ratings - but I spent basically my entire budget on Diaby & Caceres and the players I could sell aren't worth much. There have been a couple of total freak results (Lost 5-1 to Wolves away in the first season and 4-0 at home to Man City in the second season) but also some amazing results (beat Man Utd 2-1 at Old Trafford and Arsenal 1-0 at the Emirates) this season! We also beat Pompey 6-0 away and Everton 5-1 away in the first season.

All in all, though it took the team a couple of months to adapt to the tactic, once they did it's been great. Good tactic :):thup:

Hey, just thought I'd let you know how I'm getting on with your Classic tactic with Blackburn...

Blackburn have a very small budget so I'm having to force some players to play in positions they're otherwise not used to. The first season started off quite badly, 10 games gone and we were 16th. Scoring loads, but also conceding loads. Around October/November things really picked up and after loaning Abou Diaby in Jabuary we finished 7th. Kalinic scored 24 goals and Di Santo got 22 :) Second season I got a bit of money to spend thanks to the good finishing position, I currently line up (when everybody is fit) with:

Robinson

Olsson

Samba

Caceres

Emerton

N'Zonzi

Diaby

Reid

MGP

Kalinic

Di Santo

After our first ten games, we'd won nine and lost one, top of the league. We've slipped a bit thanks to injuries (I have no decent backup for Caceres, and when Diaby gets injured my next choice is an inconsistant David Dunn) and are 3rd now, but considering the squad it's still pretty impressive. We leak goals, but score enough to usually win or at least draw. Part of my problem is certainly Olsson and Emerton - both often get poor ratings - but I spent basically my entire budget on Diaby & Caceres and the players I could sell aren't worth much. There have been a couple of total freak results (Lost 5-1 to Wolves away in the first season and 4-0 at home to Man City in the second season) but also some amazing results (beat Man Utd 2-1 at Old Trafford and Arsenal 1-0 at the Emirates) this season! We also beat Pompey 6-0 away and Everton 5-1 away in the first season.

All in all, though it took the team a couple of months to adapt to the tactic, once they did it's been great. Good tactic :):thup:

Incosistant then by the looks of things regarding the fullbacks try and get some talent in on loan that might ease your team abit.

Well done with blackburn though.

will you new tactic be released tonight or tomorrow

This is what i'm gonna do.

1. 20 game test with everton.

2. Finish my season with tottenham.

3. Finish my season with liverpool Legends.

After i've done them i'm release it regardless if i'm 100% happy or not.

This is what i'm gonna do.

1. 20 game test with everton.

2. Finish my season with tottenham.

3. Finish my season with liverpool Legends.

After i've done them i'm release it regardless if i'm 100% happy or not.

Are you going to work on a wingers tactic after this one is released??

Steve

This is the first FM I have played were it is really hard to get some success with wingers! Most tactics that are successful in this FM have 3 strikers, which is probably not the most common of tactics compared to real life football.

Steve

This is the first FM I have played were it is really hard to get some success with wingers! Most tactics that are successful in this FM have 3 strikers, which is probably not the most common of tactics compared to real life football.

Steve

different Formations work better in differnt version of FM like in FM09 the wider tactics where best, In 10 the narrow tactics are best and the 3 striker formation seems to be key.

The thing is finding the right balance between defence and attack thats the hardest part.

Wingers tactics can work, I've been using Mr Hough's BETA tactic with Leeds and they have won Div 1 with 4 games to spare.

I admit they area a strong team in the league, Snodgrass has been great on the left wing, and Kisnorbo, in defence, has been my player of the year. A little more challenging for them in the Championship so we will see how we go next season, depends on the budget I get, but I think the team is strong enough to stay in that league next season.

Did try the winger tactic for a while with Liverpool, and on top, 4 points clear with 3 games to go. Although mixed their tactic with the classic.

Ayr didn't work with any formation :-( Got relegated.

Stevenage loved the Classic tactic, promoted with 6 games to go. Could be a challenge in Div 2.

Newcastle Jets made it to the Grand Final, but lost 1 nil, using classic tactic.

One thing I have noticed, maybe just tired players, but defence seems to be a little more leaky towards the end of the season.

Cheers,

Boony

I'm using the Classic tactic with Bradford, got promoted to League One and its going ok so far, im top of the league with a +36 goal difference, not bad for a board who wanted mid-table.

I've improved my defence with a few good defenders and a loan GK but i'm still conceding a lot of goals winning games 4-3 or 2-1, can anyone offer any suggestions on how to shut the computer out?

Four consecutive promotions with my hometown Leatherhead :D

Classic tactic is yet to let me down.

:D it's not letting me down as you can see im top of the league and have a fantastic goal difference, i'm just greedy and want to demolish teams and i'm wondering if theres a way to make the defence stronger without making the attack weaker?

Hi DirtyAce,

I must agree. I am playing Man City in the first season with the classic version and Vucenic in the central role and Balotelli and Tevez on the left and right. Vucenic have scored 29 goals and has given 29 assists after 34 games. He totally rocked! Beat Man Utd at home with 2-5 and in the City Ground with 6-2. Only Chelsea i am struggeling with but I am 6 points ahead.

I don't think you two understand what I was trying to explain. Perhaps that's my fault ;)

What I was saying is that Gaston Fernandez, who is a small player with very little physical strength, does extremely well as the center striker. He simply rips up the opposing defenders. The fact that he is not strong or not a good jumper doesn't stop him from scoring consistently. However, Neymar, who is a better player in all categories, seems to be struggling in the same position.

By the way, I actually did try playing a physically strong player at center striker. My results were different than both of yours'. For me, having a fast, creative, technical player works much better.

I don't think you two understand what I was trying to explain. Perhaps that's my fault ;)

What I was saying is that Gaston Fernandez, who is a small player with very little physical strength, does extremely well as the center striker. He simply rips up the opposing defenders. The fact that he is not strong or not a good jumper doesn't stop him from scoring consistently. However, Neymar, who is a better player in all categories, seems to be struggling in the same position.

By the way, I actually did try playing a physically strong player at center striker. My results were different than both of yours'. For me, having a fast, creative, technical player works much better.

It's funny, but It seems we can divide all players in 2 categories, no matter their apparent quality: the ones that consistently perform well, and the ones that always seem to struggle to perform. I've tons of cases of an apparent world class player with fantastic attributes that simply do not perform, and others with average-low atributes that almost always deliver a good performance!!!! When I look for a player, besides their atributes I now always look at their past history to see their ratings and performances.

Don't forget that Consistency is a hidden attribute as well. Older players might have better consistency due to previous managers and experience. Do most FM'ers know how to raise consistency at a player? It's actually as easy as praising them. I'm not saying that every time you praise them the value goes up but on average it goes up if you do it a couple of times a season. I remember that from FM08 when I was testing a few training attributes.