Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the Winger tactic, I'm only gonna write a little bit i'll go into more detail tomorrow and i'll also add it to the OP aswell.

Use commen sense when it comes to player attributtes or if you can't manage that you'll have to wait till tomorrow till i write it properly.

Team talks and training use what you are comfortable with.

Pitch size small

I gave up on this test after i became champions that was after 40 games and i lost a few fames because i was on holiday and letting the assistant control the team here are some screens.

BoroFinalLeague.jpg

BoroFinalPlayers.jpg

I know i have conceded quite alot but i was struggling with the defence throughout this save and only managed sort dort it out at the end.

Here is the link to the tactic.

http://www.filefront.com/17207525/MR Hough 4-1-1-2-2 Final (Middlesbrough, May 2010).tac

http://www.mediafire.com/?64tckudad4zbs81

I will write a better description tomorrow but i've been on this all day and quite frankly i want a break and a beer.

There is room for improvement as in any tactic, If i make any i will update.

Enjoy guys.

Letting your assistant do the job and going on holiday pretty much ruins your team.

I hate when people test out a tactic letting assistant do all the job and go on holiday and be like ok this tactic sucks.

I played 40 games just when i won the title i went on holiday

i am rochdale season 2032 in coca cola league 1 ironically my first game with the tactic is vs middlesbrough

middlesbrough league positon 24th me rochdale 21st

media prediction for middlesbrough 11th me rochdale 21st

odds middlesbroguh 2.25 me 2.75

rmatch stats middlesbroguh shots on target 9(1) me 14 (7)

won 2-0 first game away to middlesbroguh

good beginning

Started a new save with Spurs to test the tactic, first game of the season an easy 3-0 home win against Wolves, the 2 wingers had a few chances each but no goals.

Same here.... Defoe is a beast for me as the right hand striker!

Steve

Got a similar problem on my 3rd match of the season against Sunderland, Darren Bent is isolating himself against Lugano and getting one on one with the keeper, i have dropped it down to 8 see if its any better, i have swapped Lugano over with King too, that should help.

Testing it now, looks nice:-) Thought targetman would be used, seems it is not from what I can see so far. Any tips on what kind of striker to play left/right? Is it ment to be one big guy and one playing off him? Settings seem totally similar to me:-)

did you have look at the 4-1-1-2-2 i made,it performs well,mainly strikers and wingers grabbing the goals

I haven't had chance yet bud, I will have a look though mate. Could you post some screens of your defence i might nick it off you lol

4th game lost 2-0 against Blackburn, the difference between home and away is massive

Try lowering the overall Mentality setting in the team options to the first notch of attacking or last notch of normal when playing away from home

Testing it now, looks nice:-) Thought targetman would be used, seems it is not from what I can see so far. Any tips on what kind of striker to play left/right? Is it ment to be one big guy and one playing off him? Settings seem totally similar to me:-)

I think 2 all round good players will be great, 2 players that can header finish have pace that kind of thing, Might be hard to find though

I'm gonna call the tactic the Winger BETA, I have made some updates and i will be looking to get a hopefully better version out in a few days, I won my last game with everton 7-1 against FC Zurich, I also had 31 shots 15 on target hit the woodwork 4 times and had 7 CCC's, Zurich had 3 shots 1 on target 1 CCC lol typical eh.

The changes i have made aren't drastic at all really just mainly to the overall teams mentality, I should have thought of it before but it went completly over my head.

Going forward this tactic is really strong, an example of the potency comes in the CCC created, with Ipswich at home to Charlton, a relatively strong preseason friendly opponent, match stats: 6-3 win 22 shots 10 on target 8 CCC and some lovely passing moves going on but as has been mentioned the defence is an issue and in all my preseason games I've conceded, and the goals have all come from the same 2 sources:

(1) opposition strikers running in behind and outpacing my centre backs (my guys aren't super quick) I think maybe the defensive line is a little too high and you need very quick centre backs. A way around this could be playing with an offside trap.

(2) From crosses, usually with a player winning a header against my fullbacks at the far post, does this mean a need big guys at fullback, should it be man instead of zonal marking?

Try lowering the overall Mentality setting in the team options to the first notch of attacking or last notch of normal when playing away from home

This works, lost 3-0 away to Bolton, my next away match was Chelsea lowered the mentality as above and managed a 1-2 win, Bosingwa was sent off in the 75th miute, but i was already winning then.

Going forward this tactic is really strong, an example of the potency comes in the CCC created, with Ipswich at home to Charlton, a relatively strong preseason friendly opponent, match stats: 6-3 win 22 shots 10 on target 8 CCC and some lovely passing moves going on but as has been mentioned the defence is an issue and in all my preseason games I've conceded, and the goals have all come from the same 2 sources:

(1) opposition strikers running in behind and outpacing my centre backs (my guys aren't super quick) I think maybe the defensive line is a little too high and you need very quick centre backs. A way around this could be playing with an offside trap.

(2) From crosses, usually with a player winning a header against my fullbacks at the far post, does this mean a need big guys at fullback, should it be man instead of zonal marking?

This is exactly what Im experiencing right now, I only ever conceded these 2 kind of goals

My experience so far is that it far exceeds the 4123 in creating chances, but is far less stable when it comes to defence. Like a few others I have experienced trouble away from home. Seems to me like a formation based more on luck and thus less "stable". You'll create more chances than the opposition but you have to take the chances you get or you loose.

Seems also to be pretty dependant on great strikers (good finishing and composure esp.?) Since you will need to score on many of your CCC since your opponent usually gets a few too. I can see that if one were to try to do as good as possible in FM one could have two sets of tactics, one very defensive that was made purely to keep possession and deny chances and then this one for scoring goals.

Depending on the match you start with either defensive or offensive tactic, then change as the game progresses. Get a lucky lead with the defensive one? Then maybe keep it on, down by two? Change to the 4-1-1-2-2 and score a few goals, then back to defensive when you take the lead:-)

For instance you could use the 4123 and 41122. Change back and forth as the match progresses, all you need is one MC that can play AMR/L and one striker that can play AMR/L, then the formation is interchangeable without subbing:)