Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you supposed to do with the player filters in the OP?

Is there a version that uses wingers?

Mr Hough I think will be creating a wingers tactic, after his latest tactic release. Yet I think he will have a break, before starting making it :)

Mr Hough I think will be creating a wingers tactic, after his latest tactic release. Yet I think he will have a break, before starting making it :)

Cool.

What about the player filters in the OP? Where do I put them?

I'm probably being a bit thick here, but I'm completely confused.

What am I supposed to do with the player filters in the OP? In what way do they tell me what stats I need for each position? Wouldn't it just be a whole lot easier if the stats were written down?

@gcs - I use vista32 not win7, but I looked in the documents fm10 folder and there is nothing there about filters.

I'm probably being a bit thick here, but I'm completely confused.

What am I supposed to do with the player filters in the OP? In what way do they tell me what stats I need for each position? Wouldn't it just be a whole lot easier if the stats were written down?

@gcs - I use vista32 not win7, but I looked in the documents fm10 folder and there is nothing there about filters.

I had the same problem. If you'll save a custom filter in-game first, that'll create the "filters" folder...or you could just create a new folder a name it "filters" at the location gcs mentioned

I've made some changes to the original 4-1-2-1-2 by Mr Hough and thought I'd share. A few disclaimers if you will: I'm new to FM (like 2 weeks), I used Inter as my team which is an obvious advantage.

The changes I made:

FBs: increase passing to one notch above center point (so it is mixed). Decrease crossing to "rarely". Note that I don't change the Run From Deep as mentioned in other tweaks. I find this causes the FBs to act like wingers.

DM: Increase passing style to first notch of direct, and increase closing down by 3 notches as described in prior tweaks.

CMs: The CMr has passing 4 notches into Direct, through balls to Often, and creative freedom up 3 notches. The CMl has passing at first notch of direct, mentality UP one notch, Long Shots "sometimes".

AM: Has roaming "on", mentality down one notch, passing to center of slider (mixed).

STr: Mentality increased two notches.

STl: Rund from deep "sometimes", passing to first notch of "direct", creative freedom up to first notch of "Much".

Teamwise: tempo and width are decreased 3 notches.

The result is more a passing game, and I've trained and selected my players to have high passing and creativity, and higher "tactics" in general, especially CMr, AM, and to some extent the FBs. Depending on the opponent, I sometimes switch the DM to more of an anchor man approach (so more defensive mentality, less creative freedom, short passing).

Results are pretty good. Not sure what screen to post for results, but- In two and a half seasons, I've won 120 games and lost 0, drawn 8. Scored 353 goals, conceded 53. I got an offer to manage Brazil- not sure what that means but seemed cool. Also got manager of the year for first 2 years (year three not finished).

Fun stuff.

Results are pretty good. Not sure what screen to post for results, but- In two and a half seasons, I've won 120 games and lost 0, drawn 8. Scored 353 goals, conceded 53. I got an offer to manage Brazil- not sure what that means but seemed cool. Also got manager of the year for first 2 years (year three not finished).

Fun stuff.

You say results were pretty good, There phenomenal i will also give it a try.

Mr Hough

How are things going defensively in your Everton/Tottenham saves?

Steve

Not good to be honest no matter what i do what i change in the team settings or the player settings my Fullbacks still go forward it's incredibly annoying

Not good to be honest no matter what i do what i change in the team settings or the player settings my Fullbacks still go forward it's incredibly annoying

How about releasing it, have people test it in various ways and have their try at making it better defensively?

The fullbacks should go forward in a diamond formation anyway, helping to provide a little width. If you mean they are attacking all the time, have you tried setting there marking to 'zonal'?

Steve

The fullbacks should go forward in a diamond formation anyway, helping to provide a little width. If you mean they are attacking all the time, have you tried setting there marking to 'zonal'?

Steve

I have zonal marking man marking tight marking on tight marking off don't seem to make a difference

How about releasing it, have people test it in various ways and have their try at making it better defensively?

I'm doing the final test i will do on this version of it with everton i really hoped to release it today but it will be tommorrow now, 100% tomorrow though even if i'm not 100% happy i'll release it and try and work on it and release a updated version in the future

Mr Hough

You shouldn't release it until you are happy with it, as I would imagine you will start to get alot of people posting back here about how they "tried it for 3 games and lost them all when they are managing Man UTD and should of won all games 3-0+"

Steve

I've made some changes to the original 4-1-2-1-2 by Mr Hough and thought I'd share. A few disclaimers if you will: I'm new to FM (like 2 weeks), I used Inter as my team which is an obvious advantage.

The changes I made:

FBs: increase passing to one notch above center point (so it is mixed). Decrease crossing to "rarely". Note that I don't change the Run From Deep as mentioned in other tweaks. I find this causes the FBs to act like wingers.

DM: Increase passing style to first notch of direct, and increase closing down by 3 notches as described in prior tweaks.

CMs: The CMr has passing 4 notches into Direct, through balls to Often, and creative freedom up 3 notches. The CMl has passing at first notch of direct, mentality UP one notch, Long Shots "sometimes".

AM: Has roaming "on", mentality down one notch, passing to center of slider (mixed).

STl: Rund from deep "sometimes", passing to first notch of "direct", creative freedom up to first notch of "Much".

The result is more a passing game, and I've trained and selected my players to have high passing and creativity, and higher "tactics" in general, especially CMr, AM, and to some extent the FBs. Depending on the opponent, I sometimes switch the DM to more of an anchor man approach (so more defensive mentality, less creative freedom, short passing).

Fun stuff.

I tired your suggested tweaks on the mr hough/jp woody 4-1-2-1-2 tactic and its working amazingly!

I tired your suggested tweaks on the mr hough/jp woody 4-1-2-1-2 tactic and its working amazingly!

Agreed the tweak is fantastic!

First 3 games:

Arsenal 3-0 Sp*rs

Arsenal 2-0 Man Utd

Man Utd 1-1 Arsenal

not bad considering they haven't had time to adjust.

Well done sir!

The changes I made:

Fun stuff.

Is this the 4-1-2-1-2 you mention from this link http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/194951-Mr-Hough-10.3-Tactics?p=5553729&viewfull=1#post5553729 as the link in post #3142 is dead?

Has anybody got this tactic or uploaded the "newer" 4-1-2-1-2 with tweeks as suggested by bassounds?

The upload seems to be down, but using the final 4-1-2-1-2 released awhile back (and posted on the OP I believe), then applying the tweaks (its not too hard), and you should have it.

While the tactic I posted on for Inter is still working great, I've been making small changes with the attack side of things, and therefore my small modifications to Mr. Hough's work are far from a complete tactic. I'm really just playing around and learning as I go. I also seem to think that things ought to be modified slightly based on your players; e.g. Eto (on inter) was injured for 4 months so I had to change a few things, but it turned out well- making the small tweaks is the fun part! I imagine a consensus of stiff will come together from Mr. Hough in due time. cheers

The upload seems to be down, but using the final 4-1-2-1-2 released awhile back (and posted on the OP I believe), then applying the tweaks (its not too hard), and you should have it.

While the tactic I posted on for Inter is still working great, I've been making small changes with the attack side of things, and therefore my small modifications to Mr. Hough's work are far from a complete tactic. I'm really just playing around and learning as I go. I also seem to think that things ought to be modified slightly based on your players; e.g. Eto (on inter) was injured for 4 months so I had to change a few things, but it turned out well- making the small tweaks is the fun part! I imagine a consensus of stiff will come together from Mr. Hough in due time. cheers

Thanks for the reply bassounds.

There is no link to the 4-1-2-1-2 in the OP and as stated Fileplanet is down. If neither the original 4-1-2-1-2 or the now newly tweeked version can be upload elsewhere then we'll have to wait until tomorrow when Fileplanet is fixed.

Thanks for the reply bassounds.

There is no link to the 4-1-2-1-2 in the OP and as stated Fileplanet is down. If neither the original 4-1-2-1-2 or the now newly tweeked version can be upload elsewhere then we'll have to wait until tomorrow when Fileplanet is fixed.

Are you after the mr hough and JP final 4-1-2-1-2 tactic? if so, i think i've go that one somewhere

just a suggestion.....have you considered no full backs and a 3 man defence (with width set to wide) , and to DMs with lots of closing down???? That will keep 5 men back at all times alleviating the problem with the full backs, and DMS should help cover opponents wingers. You will lose a bit going forward though.

In my opinion 2 DMs and 2MCs in the same formation wont work because they are too close to each other. In defense they cover too little space for 4 and in offense the DMS have very limited passing opportunities and get low ratings. Also with no wide players at all the AI will leave their wingers and fullbacks forward all time with no defensive duty so they can score more easily.

The idea did work though iin old CM/FM games a few years ago but they added this wing exploit to the engine so now fullbacks are a must IMO.

i am unable to choose roles with these tactics. it seems to be set to only advanced and cant be changed to basic. any idea how? i just downloaded the tactic on the first page. if not possible, can someone list down the roles for the 4-1-2-3 formation? thanks.