Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

neilez

The last one from the OP (MrHough & JPWoody)

I've test it right now and is the simplest and the best "unrealistic" tactic I've ever found.

I've picked this tacti after a few loses and draws in the second season with MU...then I suddenly start to win and win...and win.

Won the Champions League and FA Cup, finish 2nd in Premier League equal points with the winners Arsenal (Goal difference winning), but when I've start using this tactic I was 10 points or so under the 1st place.

neilez

The last one from the OP (MrHough & JPWoody)

I've test it right now and is the simplest and the best "unrealistic" tactic I've ever found.

I've picked this tacti after a few loses and draws in the second season with MU...then I suddenly start to win and win...and win.

Won the Champions League and FA Cup, finish 2nd in Premier League equal points with the winners Arsenal (Goal difference winning), but when I've start using this tactic I was 10 points or so under the 1st place.

Cheers mate.

I'll have a look at that one then. What shape is it? 4-1-4-1 etc?

Yes,like DirtyAce kindly explained,the closing down tweak i made was a recent one,its not on the download on the OP. The tactic still works perfectly fine without it though so dont worry about it. I made the tweak in an atempt to cut down the amount of injuries i was getting and low condition problems with players beyond the 65th min. It seems to address the condition problem quite well and doesn't seem to detract from the tactics performance,In fact if anything my teams seem to be scoring more freely at you can see in the screenshots ive posted.,injuries though are still a little too high but i think thats the 10.3 patch combined with the AI's attempts to stop my success by kicking seven shades of siht out of my players.

Another example here though on how my goalscoring has gone through the roof,add this to my Heerenveen side winning 6-0 AT Bayern Munich.

astonvillavwestham.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hey woody can you put the link for this tactic?

why i can be like other people? my team keep struggling at home and away...i use all teamtalk that were suggested...and my striker only score 1 in 20 game and it was DZEKO !!

i lost against bologna,inter,milan,munich,chievo,roma,fiorentina and napoli in my first season and win just 1-0,2-1,3-2, and i were juve...my player is still buffon, chellini and otamendi,ansaldi and forren,sissoko,marchisio,melo,delpiero,dzeko,amauri.. arghh ..

i know all of u might think i was noob !!

thanks :) im going to download a few tactics and try them out, ive re-read my post and it sounded quite rude, so im sorry for that and do appreciate the work and time/effort involved in developing a tactic, something which i could never do myself.

I signed Ashley Young for my Liverpool team and he has been great. He has certainly got better and better.

He is a useful player too as he can be one of the three up front, the AMC if you pull the central striker back and is also happy in midfield.

He is one of my star bananas in the squad and well liked by the team.

He even played well on Mr Houghs winger test tactic he once posted. Villa has some good players in their team.

Cheers,

Boony

why i can be like other people? my team keep struggling at home and away...i use all teamtalk that were suggested...and my striker only score 1 in 20 game and it was DZEKO !!

i lost against bologna,inter,milan,munich,chievo,roma,fiorentina and napoli in my first season and win just 1-0,2-1,3-2, and i were juve...my player is still buffon, chellini and otamendi,ansaldi and forren,sissoko,marchisio,melo,delpiero,dzeko,amauri.. arghh ..

i know all of u might think i was noob !!

Not at all, I don't regularly get high scores and I have a strong Liverpool squad.

Dzeko has been great for me, in fact he has just won player of the year. I do find that my strikers go though goalless spells though, including Dzeko and Torres. When I first got Ashley Young he often went over 400 minutes before scoring.

Which tactics have you been playing?

Cheers,

Boony

Not at all, I don't regularly get high scores and I have a strong Liverpool squad.

Dzeko has been great for me, in fact he has just won player of the year. I do find that my strikers go though goalless spells though, including Dzeko and Torres. When I first got Ashley Young he often went over 400 minutes before scoring.

Which tactics have you been playing?

Cheers,

Boony

I agree with boony, Sometimes i can win 4-0 and the very next game draw 0-0 it's annoying but thats the realism of football.

Try the latest JP and Hough Tactic here is the link. http://www.filefront.com/16523081/Mr-Hough-and-JP-Woody-Final-Version-10.3-Everton-Nov-2009.tac/

then go into the player settings and make all the players closing down attributte on the middle. If your not sure what the middle is use the tackling as a guide because that is on normal and normal is in the middle ;-)

Then change the central Defenders marking from man to zonal.

I have a Juventus save a my team is 2nd season

GK Buffon, Alves

LB Molinaro, De Ceglie, Grosso, Spano (Regen)

RB Grygera, Zebina

CD Rivas, Chillini, Legrottaglie

DM & CM Senna, Sissoko, Melo, Marchiso, Van Der Vaart, Giovincho

ST Giovincho, DelPiero, Aguero, Amauri, Trezuguet, Iaquinta

Thats my squad it's pretty old too really alot of players in the 30's but there still performing well i'm currently on a 43 game unbeaten streak in the league so going strong.

Looking forward to the new tactic Dave. How is testing going?

Not too good really, I haven't done that much testing over the past few days i should do but i'm enjoying our tactic so i've just been playing my career games.

First of all Mr. "GOD" thank u for amazing tactics:)

I still use the complete dominance... works great for me... i havent really gone into the player atributtes as u said so im struggling to get good ratings with my dmc... but i still win with every team i play...

I am a bit tired to play without wingers, are u gonna release a wing tactic?

greetings norway:)

I still use the complete dominance... works great for me... i havent really gone into the player atributtes as u said so im struggling to get good ratings with my dmc... but i still win with every team i play...

There has been a winger version formulated have a look at the previous page and you'll find tweaks on how to turn the tactic into a successful 4-4-2.

Thanks for the compliment.

There has been a winger version formulated have a look at the previous page and you'll find tweaks on how to turn the tactic into a successful 4-4-2.

Thanks for the compliment.

ok, thank u.. i started reading the thread but its just too big:)

gonna try out the tweak:)

There is no point releasing a wing tactic if its not going to be as good as the successful narrow tactics that have been released. Fact is wing tactics are too inconsistant on the 10.3 patch. I myself love the 442 formation and have tried till im blue in the face to make one that is as successfull and as consistant as my other tactics but simply cant,im sure Dave has done the same. I dont want to release a 2nd rate tactic and im pretty sure Dave feels the same way because there are all to many people out there only too willing to dish out the abuse.

TBH has created a 442 edit which works pretty well,not quite as well though in my opinion. Plus if im going to use a wing tactic i want to use proper wingers who play on the flanks,beatt men and get plenty of crosses in,TBH 442 edit is still pretty narrow.

Hopefully FM 2011 will allow us to create successfull winger tactics again because 10.3 simply isn't.

I must say, I'm not enjoying these new tweaks. My team is just doing nothing with closing down in the middle. We get much fewer scoring opportunities.

How many games have you played with the tweaks, They might take a few games to get the team in motion especially after playing a certain way for a long time, your team might take a little time to adjust to the new settings.

have you noticed anything or is it just the fewer goalscoring opportunity's that you are having problems with?

There is no point releasing a wing tactic if its not going to be as good as the successful narrow tactics that have been released. Fact is wing tactics are too inconsistant on the 10.3 patch. I myself love the 442 formation and have tried till im blue in the face to make one that is as successfull and as consistant as my other tactics but simply cant,im sure Dave has done the same. I dont want to release a 2nd rate tactic and im pretty sure Dave feels the same way because there are all to many people out there only too willing to dish out the abuse.

TBH has created a 442 edit which works pretty well,not quite as well though in my opinion. Plus if im going to use a wing tactic i want to use proper wingers who play on the flanks,beatt men and get plenty of crosses in,TBH 442 edit is still pretty narrow.

Hopefully FM 2011 will allow us to create successfull winger tactics again because 10.3 simply isn't.

Exactly the same with me, When i have looked at winger tactics i wanted my focus of play to be on the wings where my wingers are the focal point of the tactic, Like you say beat men and whip dangerous crosses in but in 10.3 that seems impossible so i give up lol.

I had some decent tactic on 10.0 and made a thread called possession domination, but since then I've been narrow minded because i feel that the match engine in 10.2 and 10.3 in that way.

I know alot of Mods realise there is problems with the ME regarding the narrowness of it so surly the developers and beta testers know it too and they will look to rectify the problems in FM11

Are you using the closing down tweak Dave?

Yes, I've had no problem with it i think it works better in defence as the whole team stay in position better and it makes the back 4 more stable and the midfield not wandering out closing down the wide opposition players so it leaves gaps in the middle.

With the closing down in the middle seems very logical, I'm surprised i hadn't thought of it lol.

Mr. Houg hi,i would love to' find out how can i play your last formation with just one tweak.. 1amc and just two forward upfront. Do u have some suggestion for the setting for the amc?will appreciate your help,tank's a lot.

Yes, I've had no problem with it i think it works better in defence as the whole team stay in position better and it makes the back 4 more stable and the midfield not wandering out closing down the wide opposition players so it leaves gaps in the middle.

With the closing down in the middle seems very logical, I'm surprised i hadn't thought of it lol.

Im actually trying closing down the sames as the defensive line,so thats two clicks to the right (from the middle) for every player,this seems even more logical. Currently playing first game. 3-0 up at Bolton HT

Mr. Houg hi,i would love to' find out how can i play your last formation with just one tweak.. 1amc and just two forward upfront. Do u have some suggestion for the setting for the amc?will appreciate your help,tank's a lot.

I'm working on a 4-1-2-1-2 as we speak testing with the mighty Montipeller in the french league.

First game against PSG i win 3-0 I'll test for a season and let you all know the results.

Im actually trying closing down the sames as the defensive line,so thats two clicks to the right (from the middle) for every player,this seems even more logical. Currently playing first game. 3-0 up at Bolton HT

so let me get this straight... My closing down is set on the middle for every player so now i move it to the right so it's in the attacking side 2 notches for every player?

so let me get this straight... My closing down is set on the middle for every player so now i move it to the right so it's in the attacking side 2 notches for every player?

Yeah,so its the same as the defensive line of the team. Im not saying its going to work, ive just started using it, but it makes tactical sense that team pressing and closing down should be the same.

Yeah,so its the same as the defensive line of the team. Im not saying its going to work, ive just started using it, but it makes tactical sense that team pressing and closing down should be the same.

Yes i agree, I'm testing it on my 4-1-2-1-2 tactic with Montipeller the predicted to finish 19th i haven't signed anyone so it'll be a good test, I beat PSG in my first game 3-0 there predicted to finish 4th so it's a good start.

LOL i cant believe your trying to tell Mr Hough how to make tactics, sorry but your an amateur compared to him,im sure Mr Hough doesn't need your help to make great tactics.

Looking forward to the 41212 :D pitty we cant have a wingers tactic though.

LOL i cant believe your trying to tell Mr Hough how to make tactics, sorry but your an amateur compared to him,im sure Mr Hough doesn't need your help to make great tactics.

sorry but this is ridiculous and uncalled for, JP is a moderator for FM-Base and is a fantastic tactic maker and well respected by alot of people, He has been making tactics for alot longer than i have been that's a fact.

If your gonna post Siht then don't post on my threads.

Go back where you came from mate,shame you say it to JP.

Cheers for that mate.

What with you,someone else having a go at my punctuation and a mod calling me a chump,these forums have certainly opened my eyes.

Cheers for that mate.

What with you,someone else having a go at my punctuation and a mod calling me a chump,these forums have certainly opened my eyes.

They can be strange at times JP, I prefer the FM-Base forum because people seem laid back on that one, on this forum i feel like i have to meet deadlines with the tactics if i say i would release on a certain day.

They can be strange at times JP, I prefer the FM-Base forum because people seem laid back on that one, on this forum i feel like i have to meet deadlines with the tactics if i say i would release on a certain day.

Probably would be wise not to give release dates,keep it quiet then release out of the blue. I learnt that lesson a while ago. I gave into pressure and ended up releasing tactics i wasn't really happy with.

So far it seems to be working better with closing down of the players level with the defensive line of the team.

Scores so far:

Arsenal H 3-0 win

Chelsea A 1-1

Bolton H 3-0 win

Bayern Munich H 4-0 win

Sporting Lisbon A 3-0 win

Sunderland A 4-1 win

Stoke H 1-0 win

Sporting Lisbon H 3-0 win