Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

We did dominate the Real game although created fewer chances than in the league games. They had Alonso sent off too so it was a bit annoying to lose to ten men. They scored the goal in the 92nd min so there was no time to come back.

I dont think it was a fault with the tactic as such - just one of those things.

I've no problems at all with the tactic really. It's doing really well for me

great to hear that. good luck for the season. It seems players are doing well with the Classic version. Wonder why the Wizard version is not getting as good results?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After persevering with the classic 10.3, I can indeed confirm it is amazing.

I am spurs and won the league and champ league double in my 2nd season!! Also lost in the final of the fa cup

Have now built a phenomenal young squad around this tactic

Well done Mr H. superb stuff.

Anyone try to play around with the classic version for lower league teams? I lowered the creativity for all players and set passing more to direct but i'm having mixed results. Currently playing in BSP.

After persevering with the classic 10.3, I can indeed confirm it is amazing.

I am spurs and won the league and champ league double in my 2nd season!! Also lost in the final of the fa cup

Have now built a phenomenal young squad around this tactic

Well done Mr H. superb stuff.

Who is in your squad?

As you know i have been working on what is hopefully gonna be my final tactic in the 4-1-2-3 formation. It seems I've been working on this for ages and ages longer than any other tactic i have made. The main reason behind the lengthy testing and tweaking process is because i don't wanna have to make a Version 2 or 3, I want this to be the main 4-1-2-3 formation that i have and that you will hopefully use.

After Releasing my tactic for the patch 10.3 i was really Interested in the feedback that you provided regards to the defence side of the tactic, This is what i have been working on most and it's been the most challenging aspect to try and get a good balance throughout the team as-well as trying not to lose the attacking side which we all love.

I have tested this version i currently have with a Liverpool Legends side and without Exaggeration the results where better than i thought they would be, I have posted screenshots further up the page or they could be at the bottom of page 18 if you wanna have a look at them. I have also tested with a very good tottenham side with Similar results to my Liverpool Test.

My final test is with Middlesbrough and i have very Quickly played through 20 games, I have only signed a handful of players with not much thought i quickly searched a just picked the cheapest players basically.

MiddlesbroughLeague20games.jpg

This screen show the effectiveness of the tactic i have made, I agree that look at the goals conceded it could be better but i say again if i was thinking about this as a save game/career and not a test i would have signed more or less a new back 4. Attacking wise it's solid as you would expect from a 3 striker formation and my tactics too.

With me Testing with good squads of players and not a poor squad I'm unsure whether or not to release it yet, I know i will get asked if i have had success with lower league teams so i would like to test it with one just to say yes i have, it works with lower league sides or it don't work with them.

Before i release it i will be testing with a lower league side, That way i can see what needs to improve or tweaked with a lower standard of player.

Hey guys i have a question, where do i need to put a pkm file and how do i view it in fm2010? ty

the PKM files are just game Highlights, I wouldn't worry about them because i have scrapped the winger tactic i had worked on.

Now into my second season using the excellent Classic version with Notts County. Season 2019/2020 and I have played 10 PL league games and won them all scoring 35 goals and conceding 8. Also have won 2 and drawn 1 in CL group as well as 2 wins iin the League Cup. No special training and the only tweak to the tactics is changing all throws to "long" as I have two re-gens in my team who can do Delap style throws.

Now into my second season using the excellent Classic version with Notts County. Season 2019/2020 and I have played 10 PL league games and won them all scoring 35 goals and conceding 8. Also have won 2 and drawn 1 in CL group as well as 2 wins iin the League Cup. No special training and the only tweak to the tactics is changing all throws to "long" as I have two re-gens in my team who can do Delap style throws.

i will love to test your new tactic mr hough...hope to see it very soon!

looking forward to the this tatic you have been talking about, need it for my season got my team promted but tatic isnt the greatest so will go straight back down so going to use yours keep my self up hopefully

Has anybody noticed the tactic working magnificently say for roughly half the season and then suddenly starting to fail drastically? does the AI have the ability to distinguish laziness and it begins to make your tactic flop? :)

Has anybody noticed the tactic working magnificently say for roughly half the season and then suddenly starting to fail drastically? does the AI have the ability to distinguish laziness and it begins to make your tactic flop? :)

No. I'm in the middle of my second season (Arsenal) and still just managed a 6-0 over Man Utd with this tac. The problem is just inconsistency. I have suffered home draws against teams like fulham and hull. Last season i lost to several teams because of inconsistency.

Just read Bubbabaytuna's team talk guide and use bit of sense in your press conferences to make sure the confidence and morale are going the same way, upwards. :)

Anyways,

THANK YOU Mr Hough! I suggest you should be called Sir Hough from now on :thup:

As you know i have been working on what is hopefully gonna be my final tactic in the 4-1-2-3 formation. It seems I've been working on this for ages and ages longer than any other tactic i have made. The main reason behind the lengthy testing and tweaking process is because i don't wanna have to make a Version 2 or 3, I want this to be the main 4-1-2-3 formation that i have and that you will hopefully use.

After Releasing my tactic for the patch 10.3 i was really Interested in the feedback that you provided regards to the defence side of the tactic, This is what i have been working on most and it's been the most challenging aspect to try and get a good balance throughout the team as-well as trying not to lose the attacking side which we all love.

I have tested this version i currently have with a Liverpool Legends side and without Exaggeration the results where better than i thought they would be, I have posted screenshots further up the page or they could be at the bottom of page 18 if you wanna have a look at them. I have also tested with a very good tottenham side with Similar results to my Liverpool Test.

My final test is with Middlesbrough and i have very Quickly played through 20 games, I have only signed a handful of players with not much thought i quickly searched a just picked the cheapest players basically.

MiddlesbroughLeague20games.jpg

This screen show the effectiveness of the tactic i have made, I agree that look at the goals conceded it could be better but i say again if i was thinking about this as a save game/career and not a test i would have signed more or less a new back 4. Attacking wise it's solid as you would expect from a 3 striker formation and my tactics too.

With me Testing with good squads of players and not a poor squad I'm unsure whether or not to release it yet, I know i will get asked if i have had success with lower league teams so i would like to test it with one just to say yes i have, it works with lower league sides or it don't work with them.

Before i release it i will be testing with a lower league side, That way i can see what needs to improve or tweaked with a lower standard of player.

Looking forward to your latest (or final) version of the tactic Mr. Hough. Though I'm still really enjoying your classic one :)

Thats a very good attack you have there and i'm glad that your enjoying the tactic apart from this little hicup....

it could as number of things that effect this and i'll try and help you out.

What i suggest first is that you make your 2 central mid players playmaker and target man with target man supply mixed. This i've noticed really beefs up the attack because with the 2 central midplayers they are on the ball when the opp go to close them down it leaves gaps for the 3 strikers.

this is a quick solution which could work just try asking the 2 players to swop positions the 2 outside strikers would be best for this. This will stop them from being marked out of the game and might open oppurtunity's for them.

Good luck mate.

Thank U very much Mr.Hough..I actually think you should be Knighted as Sir.Hough as other people have suggested...Thanks for the advice..I did make my Midfielders- Gibon,Fletcher,Fellaini,Hargreaves,Lakhov and Suleman(both regens) Advanced Playmakers and it seemed to improve Wazza's form..Thanks a lot for that...Presently I am tryin to use ur classic tactic as it is widely acclaimed..I am having very good results at home...I just went on a 6 match unbeaten run without conceding which I didnt do at all last season with G.C.S which is quite impressive..The problem I have now Is how do I use it for away games..I don't know what changes to really make because with G.C.S nad the new tactic creator for away games I just set my mentality to counter and it did the magic...in the process MURDARING Hotspurs and countless teams at their grounds..But i dont know how to do that fro classic....Any help is greatly appreciated..Thanks in advance

Update.

Just finished the La Liga Season with a hard earned 2-1 victory away to Villereal. Had to play my 2nd 11 to preserve players for the big game next. Champions League Finals against Chelsea. Match Report as follows:

Match Report

Champions League Finals: At Madrid Vs Chelsea at Wembley

(A) Prematch

Build up and Squad updates:

At Madrid

After resting my best players, i have them all fit and ready to go. Sadly, first choice DR, Rafinha is suspended and first choice DMC Ignachio Camacho and impact sub Raul Garcia are both out injured. Had to make some adjustments to cope with their loses, but overall i can field a pretty strong squad.

Chelsea

1st time facing Chelsea in the game. Their squad has aged since this being Season 3, however the old horses are still fighting strong. They overcame a 1-nil deficit against Inter Milan in the Semifinals, so due respect to them. Drogba, Lampard, Terry and Cole are all over 30, but their physical stats have not deteriorated significantly. Their formation spin is very strong.

Formation choice

At Madrid

I've switched to the Classic version with a few tweaks as mentioned in earlier posts.

GK Asenjo

DR Cesar Azepillitea (replacing suspended Rafinha)

DL Juan Vargas

DC Ivan Marcano (Cover)

DC Pique (Stopper)

DMC Felipe Melo (replacing injured Camacho)

MCl Miguel Veloso

MCr Joao Moutinho

STl Edin Dzeko

STc Edison Cavani

STr Sergio Aguero

Chelsea

The started in their typical 4-1-2-1-2 diamond.

GK Cech

DR Bosingwa

DL A. Cole

DC J. Terry

DC Alex

DMC Obi Mikel

MC Essien

MC Yuri Zhirov

AMC Lampard

ST Drogba

ST Anelka

(B) Game Start

Started the game normally, without any tweaks yet. Going to gamble, with my fullbacks still set on mixed 'Run from Deep', due to Chelsea playing narrow. Gamble pain off handsomely. Although Chelsea were ahead on possession, 60% to my 40%, all the highlights were in their half. I observed that the AI had ear-marked Sergio Aguero as the danger man, and their DMC Mikel was double-teaming him whenever he got the ball. Bad mistake, although Aguero was being marked out of the game, the space vacated by the double team allowed my midfield to advance. And they soon punished Chelsea!

At Madrid 1 (Moutinho, 15 min) - Chelsea 0

Attack started through the middle. Melo getting the ball from the centrebacks, looks up and swings a 'Paul scholes type' pass cross field to the surging Juan Vargas on the left flank. Dzeko moves towards the flank to play a give and go with Vargas, Chelsea's DMC, Mikel moves out right to double team Aguero anticipating a far post cross from the left. Vargas cuts into the penalty area and whips a low cross into the box. Moutinho has timed his run from deep to perfection, unmarked because Mikel has vacated his area, gets onto the cross and passes the ball into the near post corner. AI had anticipated a cross to the far post, and left near post empty!

After taking the lead, went to Tactics screen and made the following Tweaks:

1) Reduced 'Run from Deep' setting to rarely for DL and DR. Time to keep the shape and force Chelsea to over commit in chasing the game.

2) Reduced 'Hard Tackling' for Attackers and Midfielders to 'Normal'. To keep shape better and reduce silly fouls and injuries.

At Madrid 2 (Cavani 37 min) - Chelsea 0

Chelsea started committing men forward. I observed when they got corners, Alex was positioned to 'Lurk outside area' i suppose for his thumbing free kicks. To counter this threat, i removed 'Mark Tall' from 1 of my centrebacks and placed 3 players on 'Back' to pick him up. Chelsea was pressuring me, then a highlight came up with my players in their half, again down the left flank.

Vargas got the ball again, down the left flank. This time he dumbied the defence by passing infield to the central striker Cavani, when Dzeko had come towards him for the give and go. Cavani struck first time and the ball was palmed away by Cech. Luckily, rebound fell kindly again to Cavani's feet and he didnt miss again. 2-0 and crusing hahaa

HT

Aguero was being marked out of the game, and despite my team having a 2 goal lead, he had a 5.8 rating and 'Having a Poor Game' motivation. I decided to stick with my star and give him a 'Disappointed' half time individual talk, banking on his 17 determination stat to overcome Mikel and get into the game. That strategy proved very wise indeed.

At Madrid 3 (Aguero 70 min) - Chelsea 0

Chelsea have to attack in numbers to have any chance of getting back into the game. I sub out my fatigued midfield players and even have to move Pique up to DMC and bring in Jagelika to fill in at Centreback. Camacho and Raul Garcia are both unavailable.

On a counter attack, Aguero has moved central and deep to get the ball. The AI had removed the man-marking on him, and Mikel remains central, when Aguero dribbles past him. Aguero smartly takes the dribble into no-man's land between the DC and their DL. Confusion, no defender steps out to close him down, and he releases a totally 'unlikely' Banana shot from the edge of the penalty area which sizzles into the top corner of the net, blindsiding the entire defence! Never expected such a shot, but then again its Aguero, so not much is beyond his skill.

Chelsea players are deflated. ratings plummet and they never get into the game. 1st Champions League trophy for the Matteress Makers!

© Observations

Fantastic win over Chelsea. i think them playing the diamond, really fell into my hands. without wide players, i easily nulified their midfield and stretched their defence with my 3 strikers.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to play against a Liverpool style 4-2-3-1 formation (2 DM's AML/AMC/AMR)?

I am on the verge of winning my 3rd title with West Ham but I struggle in the Champions League because I come up against this formation quite often and always lose.

Thank U very much Mr.Hough..I actually think you should be Knighted as Sir.Hough as other people have suggested...Thanks for the advice..I did make my Midfielders- Gibon,Fletcher,Fellaini,Hargreaves,Lakhov and Suleman(both regens) Advanced Playmakers and it seemed to improve Wazza's form..Thanks a lot for that...Presently I am tryin to use ur classic tactic as it is widely acclaimed..I am having very good results at home...I just went on a 6 match unbeaten run without conceding which I didnt do at all last season with G.C.S which is quite impressive..The problem I have now Is how do I use it for away games..I don't know what changes to really make because with G.C.S nad the new tactic creator for away games I just set my mentality to counter and it did the magic...in the process MURDARING Hotspurs and countless teams at their grounds..But i dont know how to do that fro classic....Any help is greatly appreciated..Thanks in advance

Just leave the classic as it is, Use the team talks to keep morale up and make sure your players aren't complacent and you shouldn't have problems.

Good luck.

Just leave the classic as it is, Use the team talks to keep morale up and make sure your players aren't complacent and you shouldn't have problems.

Good luck.

Mr.Hough are u trying to say that I should just leave the settings without any tweaks for away games?

Mr.Hough are u trying to say that I should just leave the settings without any tweaks for away games?

Yeah thats right, Just leave the tactic to play, I will be releasing another tactic shortly so stay tuned for that one.

Yeah thats right, Just leave the tactic to play, I will be releasing another tactic shortly so stay tuned for that one.

I use your tactics all the time but i just can't seem to do anthing about complacent. Any advice? Thanks

this tactic has suddenly stop working on any of my new games i just cant win

When I see this happenning now (say a run of 2 or 3 defeats / no wins) What i do is keep pre match team talk to "I expect a performance" to every single player.

Its got me out of a potential rut quicker I think.

Havign another good season with this tactic as Spurs in 2014/15

Played 15 won something like 11. Scored 54 goals!

Hi Mr Hough,

A shame you have discontinued with that winger tactic.

I've only used it with Liverpool and Leeds and it seems to be doing well, both teams top of their respective leagues.

They are strong teams I suppose though.

I have been using the classic tactic with Stevenage and they are 12 points clear now.

Ayr still struggling, looks like relegation for them, also using classic, hopefully your new tactic coming out will help them stay a little more solid. Have tried the version 2 tactic, but still struugled.

Cheers,

Mark

I don't know why but it the beginning this tactic was awesome. I've won the championship with Leverkusen

on my 1st season and now I can't win anything with an another season I've open with Leverkusen.

Is there some In-game Instructions to give to players ? I think there were 4 Instructions each game I started

but it seem I forgot them.

Can someone give me a hand in it ?

I'm using the latest version.

Just started a new game with Dundee United and am having a nightmare trying to attract players with the right attributes. Just wondering what number people use as a general rule for each level. Id usually go with 15 for premiership (maybe 14 depending on ambition) so ive been looking for players with 13 for the scottish prem as i would for the championship.

Any thoughts?

This tactic just going from strength to strength in my game. In 2015 now and have just won the treble. Went through the league campaign undefeated (31 wins and 7 draws) and only conceding 18 goals.

Fantastic tactic Mr Hough!

Which tactic do you play mate ?

hey dave its been a while havent played fm in a while with exams whats this new tac of yours like when do u think youll be releasing it had great sucess with your tactics since the beginning

cant wait to try this new one

hey dave its been a while havent played fm in a while with exams whats this new tac of yours like when do u think youll be releasing it had great sucess with your tactics since the beginning

cant wait to try this new one

Hey bud, The tactic is coming along nicely, I completly dominated the Championship even on holiday mode now in the prem and this will be my final test if i get a top 8 finish i'll release it.

Hey bud, The tactic is coming along nicely, I completly dominated the Championship even on holiday mode now in the prem and this will be my final test if i get a top 8 finish i'll release it.

a welll im around aneway will start with your old one and use the new one when its released chears good work the tactician of fm2010

Had amazing successes with GCS version (well, as Roma manager i had to modify it a bit due to lack of strikers)

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3530/game1a.png

Won league every season except one, when i took underpreforming Atletico mid-season and it was too late to catch escaping Blancos

Especially last season was amazing; undefeated, won all games in league and all possible trophies.

ligabbvaq.png

Had amazing successes with GCS version (well, as Roma manager i had to modify it a bit due to lack of strikers)

Won league every season except one, when i took underpreforming Atletico mid-season and it was too late to catch escaping Blancos

Especially last season was amazing; undefeated, won all games in league and all possible trophies.

ligabbvaq.png

That is some set of results! I have never seen a season, especially in Spain, where a team has won every game!!!! Nice stuff mate.

P.S. Could you tell me what skin and logos you are using???

Steve

You are God.

In my second season with Arsenal, under 18 signings only (Danny Wilson, Romelu Lukaku, Alphonse Areola, Serge Aurier and Sergio Oliveira plus a regen and the players whose transfers were made up without me, Martinez and Wellington Silva)).

First season,

League win

FA cup

League cup

Champions league

Favorite matches:

6-1 League cup final to Chelski.

6-0 Champions league final at Real Madrid.

This season, I've got a 6-0 against United so far, in the middle of february and 5 points ahead of second place. Arshavin gets every prize he can get, also 24 goals in 25 matches so far. Van Persie is only getting better, scoring in like every game now. Walcott, Bendtner and especially Vela have been great as well.

You are god. :)

im playing as spurs, made a few signings but i'm not sure where to place my forwards.

my first team is

gomes

cudicini

kyle walker

corluka

assou-ekotto

bale

kaboul

bassong

king

woodgate

dawson

anthony annan

mahamadou diarra

huddlestone

jenas

palacios

kranjcar

gudjohnsen

oscar cardozo

crouch

defoe

pavlyuchenko

smih senturk

any players there worth carting out?

my line up is

gomes

corluka king bassong assou-ekotto

annan

diarra palacios

crouch defoe cardozo

my form is ok but any suggestions on the starting 11?

Does anyone have a really defensive version? My team rules the german league every year but I had no luck against Real away from home in 3 consecutive years and this year Barcelona looks pretty sharp. So I hope I can put a wall in front of my goal away and finish them off at home where I am pretty sure that I can destroy any team. So a version maybe with 3 CBs, or 3 CBs+2DMs would be cool...

wow, i dont post many posts, but i just need to say that the classic tactic u made, is the best tactic i have ever tryed, just won the world cup with norway in year 2014, won all 7 matches, took down teams like brazil, argentina and portugal in the final.. Tnx alot for the tactic mate.

im playing as spurs, made a few signings but i'm not sure where to place my forwards.

my first team is

gomes

cudicini

kyle walker

corluka

assou-ekotto

bale

kaboul

bassong

king

woodgate

dawson

anthony annan

mahamadou diarra

huddlestone

jenas

palacios

kranjcar

gudjohnsen

oscar cardozo

crouch

defoe

pavlyuchenko

smih senturk

any players there worth carting out?

my line up is

gomes

corluka king bassong assou-ekotto

annan

diarra palacios

crouch defoe cardozo

my form is ok but any suggestions on the starting 11?

I'd say the best line up for your forwards would be defoe-crouch-cardozo as that way you'd have Defoe as the poacher and I;d think he'd score a shed load in that role

ligabbvaq.png

Would you mind posting a pic of your squad?