Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

play with barca in second season, bought him in first season....pay him a lot, but worth it.... first season second goalscorer, villa was first incredible 44.... now in second season in 18 games in league he scored fantastic 25goals.....fantastic.....great striker for central position.....

Thanks for the suggestion...i manage milan and i've just started the 4th season (i won everything in the previous 3 years) and i bought aguero now...not bad so far...i paid him 60 millions € and after 6 matches he scored 11 goals!!! the best player i've tested as central forward so far!

i need to pull one of the forwards to amc (buonanotte/sergi). which forward should i pull and what role should i give to the amc? maybe attackind mid/attack, like on the 10.2 complete dominance tactic?

The middle one. Then make the front two forwards into poacher and target man (support). Target man needs strength, heading, teamwork, passing. Poacher needs the usual finishing, anticipation, otb etc. I also made the AMC an Tetriquista (spelling haha) but turned his long shots down and limited his crossing so he focuses purely on through balls or dribbling past defenders.

eg. I played Buonanote behind Tevez (poacher) and Dzeko (Target Man), lots of completed passes and Tevez scored loads (Buonanotte just behind him at the end of the season).

From there you can go on to tweak your midfield even. Making the MC's move into channels in order to draw the defensive line out from your centralized attack. Just see how your team performs and adjust accordingly.

did anyone change the striker role and success ? because my striker cant score goal.. rooney and dzeko... poacher and advanced forward seem not work well..i change the center striker to amc..

Play Rooney as a Poacher with Dzeko as a Target Man (support). Dzeko as a supporting target man always works for me :)

The middle one. Then make the front two forwards into poacher and target man (support). Target man needs strength, heading, teamwork, passing. Poacher needs the usual finishing, anticipation, otb etc. I also made the AMC an Tetriquista (spelling haha) but turned his long shots down and limited his crossing so he focuses purely on through balls or dribbling past defenders.

eg. I played Buonanote behind Tevez (poacher) and Dzeko (Target Man), lots of completed passes and Tevez scored loads (Buonanotte just behind him at the end of the season).

yeah but i dont have forwards that can play as target man. i'm happy with advanced forward/poacher, and i wanted the amc to play as a deep lying forward, but as amc :p

use the classic tactic then and just move the mid-striker into the amc role. Worked for me.

---

I'm busy working on a winger + amc remake of the GCS wizard. Went on a 20 game winning streak with Man U but I am now trying it with Hull City.

use the classic tactic then and just move the mid-striker into the amc role. Worked for me.

---

I'm busy working on a winger + amc remake of the GCS wizard. Went on a 20 game winning streak with Man U but I am now trying it with Hull City.

Whats the Formation exactly? :)

Regarding the latest tactic, I will say its really a good one. I use the classic for my arsenal team, which has better players in all departments than my napoli team, which uses the gcs tactic. My napoli team beat my arsenal team in the champions cup final.

Previously, I used the classic for both teams, and arsenal would defeat my napoli team in previous champions cup finals.

Figured out a nice freekick setup that has got me 9 IFKs in 11 games:

GK: Default

FBs: both Back

CBs: 1 FWD / 1 Keeper

DM: Disrupt

MCs: both Needed

Strikers: 2 Needed / 1 Taker

Aim: Left: Cross Far / Right: Cross Far or Best Header

Take note that the Taker doesn't have to be a striker obviously so make sure your best free kick taker has this role and just swap settings around so that you basically have that same setup.

I have had success with this but I want to see if it isn't just a lucky run; so anyone who wants to can give it a try and let me know their results :D

PS: Classic Tactic with Man City was used with this setup. Also if this has been posted before: my apologies.

Hi, can you explain more details of each position?

Like Strikers u say 2 needs / takers? Do u mean 2 are stay back if needed and 1 striker is stay with taker?

By the way, thanks for the advice =)

Yeh mate....id luv to use it aye..ive been using so many tactics over the past 3 weeks trying to find the best 1 yet ,but ive reverted back to your 10.3 classic tactic....its a very well made tactic as results have been shown and proved like with everton what you did in 1 season

If you can emulate the success of your 10.3 Classic tactic in a winger tactic I would be interested. But it still seems that 10.3 favors the narrow diamond so it would be cool if you could come up with a good 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-2-1-3 :D

the reason i asked is because i'm using a winger tactic i made very quickly but it seems to be doing the job, I'm playing as liverpool in the legends database and they don't have a fantastic team mainly a good defence but i've beaten marsaille 3-1 a team that includes papan cantona waddle deschamps and barthez to name a few, Also beat man utd 3-1 with best charlton law stepney stiles in the team.

so it's looking promising i need to test it on the proper database though to be sure

If you can emulate the success of your 10.3 Classic tactic in a winger tactic I would be interested. But it still seems that 10.3 favors the narrow diamond so it would be cool if you could come up with a good 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-2-1-3 :D

There was a post a few pages back that said to drop the centre striker into the AMC slot and on 'set to' put him as an attacking midfielder. Therefore creating a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 tactic, worked wonders for me.

If you inherit an average team, with equally average players, in what order would you buy replacement players for each position?

In other words, which positions should be upgraded as soon as possible to get this tactic chugging along?

I'm going to take a small break from my Milan game and start a career with Heart of Midlothian. Have never managed in Scotland before so it's a whole new territory for me.

With Milan I was using the Classic tactic with really great success. In my third season I managed to go completely undefeated in the league, getting 36 and 2 draws. Scoring 145 goals and conceding only 14.

Anyway, I just a have a quick question as to which tactic is better for team like Hearts? Since they obviously don't have the quality of someone like Milan, is it recommended to go with gcs' version instead, due to it having a better defensive setup? Or should I just go with Classic again and just buy players based on the recommended attributes?

Thanks

If you inherit an average team, with equally average players, in what order would you buy replacement players for each position?

In other words, which positions should be upgraded as soon as possible to get this tactic chugging along?

I would replace the full-backs, the defensive midfielder & the left & right strikers... pay particular attention to the attributes they need. Also, make sure to get cover for the full-backs & def midfielder, as they can tire easily, if playing consecutive games

I'm going to take a small break from my Milan game and start a career with Heart of Midlothian. Have never managed in Scotland before so it's a whole new territory for me.

With Milan I was using the Classic tactic with really great success. In my third season I managed to go completely undefeated in the league, getting 36 and 2 draws. Scoring 145 goals and conceding only 14.

Anyway, I just a have a quick question as to which tactic is better for team like Hearts? Since they obviously don't have the quality of someone like Milan, is it recommended to go with gcs' version instead, due to it having a better defensive setup? Or should I just go with Classic again and just buy players based on the recommended attributes?

Thanks

Yeah go which tactic you like best because the opp in scotland won't be as good as italy!.

Try and aim at loan signings in defence, You will always score goals either from the 3 strikers or the midfielders so that won't be an issue.

good luck with your new venture.

Yeah go which tactic you like best because the opp in scotland won't be as good as italy!.

Try and aim at loan signings in defence, You will always score goals either from the 3 strikers or the midfielders so that won't be an issue.

good luck with your new venture.

Thanks Mr. Hough :)

Can you recommend some good loan signings?

Also, you mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you were working on the final version of the Classic/Wizard tactic. Is that still a work in progress or have you already released it?

Thanks Mr. Hough :)

Can you recommend some good loan signings?

Also, you mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you were working on the final version of the Classic/Wizard tactic. Is that still a work in progress or have you already released it?

no i haven't finished it yet i've took my eye completly off tactic making really because the legends database i'm playing on is so addictive it's incredible i will be finishing them off soon though but not got a release date so far.

when your looking for loan signings for defence i'd look at these main attributes, Tackling Pace and Positioning, Because your in a lower league the resorces won't be good so looking for players with all the attributtes i have listed will be near enough impossible so try and limit yourself to 3/4 and work from there.

Dont forget aswell players that are transfer listed are more than likely to be available for loan aswell, Keep that in mind when your looking for players.

Figured out a nice freekick setup that has got me 9 IFKs in 11 games:

GK: Default

FBs: both Back

CBs: 1 FWD / 1 Keeper

DM: Disrupt

MCs: both Needed

Strikers: 2 Needed / 1 Taker

Aim: Left: Cross Far / Right: Cross Far or Best Header

Take note that the Taker doesn't have to be a striker obviously so make sure your best free kick taker has this role and just swap settings around so that you basically have that same setup.

I have had success with this but I want to see if it isn't just a lucky run; so anyone who wants to can give it a try and let me know their results :D

PS: Classic Tactic with Man City was used with this setup. Also if this has been posted before: my apologies.

Hi can anyone tell me what MC's: needed means, and strikers: 2 needed means, what settign is this? Also what setting should i give to the taker?

Thanks

Using Classic tactic in Premier League with Notts County and after 17 games W13 D1 L3 scored 54 conceded 23 Top of the league by 5 points. Lost away at Liverpool and home to Man City by the odd goal and then bizzarely lost 6-4 at home to Sheff Utd who were 15th at the time. In Champions league won all 6 group games scoring 34 and only conceding 1 including 7-0 away and 5-0 at home against FC Bayern.

Incredible tactic!

At some point in the future I am going to see if it works as well down at Level 10 using Superbladesman's edited league

Using Classic tactic in Premier League with Notts County and after 17 games W13 D1 L3 scored 54 conceded 23 Top of the league by 5 points. Lost away at Liverpool and home to Man City by the odd goal and then bizzarely lost 6-4 at home to Sheff Utd who were 15th at the time. In Champions league won all 6 group games scoring 34 and only conceding 1 including 7-0 away and 5-0 at home against FC Bayern.

Incredible tactic!

At some point in the future I am going to see if it works as well down at Level 10 using Superbladesman's edited league

I'm playing with Guildford City (Level 10 team), and have got them to level 6 so far :) (promoted every season so far :D)

Where can I download this tactic?

Only joking. I have just trawled through 17 pages to find out more info about how to make this tactic work. I want to use the Classic as it has been reported as being the slightly better. I have however struggled away from home especially when the players get tired. Are there any recommended defensive tweaks for the classic? I noticed yesterday that 3 defenders chased after one of the opposition forwards leaving another striker completely unmarked in the middle. Of course they scored from this opportunity to level the game after we were 2-0 up. I can put a lot of this down to tiredness but 3 on 1 wouldn't help.

I had to laugh at the comments regarding Palace as a weak team because they had no money and were -10 points. They have a strong but small squad. Speroni is a class keeper and as people have found out Scannell is awesome up front. I'm not sure where right back Clyne was in one of the earlier posts but Ertl is also great at right back. Lee Naylor at Celtic also makes a great loan option at left back to complement Lee Hills.

Where can I download this tactic?

Only joking. I have just trawled through 17 pages to find out more info about how to make this tactic work. I want to use the Classic as it has been reported as being the slightly better. I have however struggled away from home especially when the players get tired. Are there any recommended defensive tweaks for the classic? I noticed yesterday that 3 defenders chased after one of the opposition forwards leaving another striker completely unmarked in the middle. Of course they scored from this opportunity to level the game after we were 2-0 up. I can put a lot of this down to tiredness but 3 on 1 wouldn't help.

I had to laugh at the comments regarding Palace as a weak team because they had no money and were -10 points. They have a strong but small squad. Speroni is a class keeper and as people have found out Scannell is awesome up front. I'm not sure where right back Clyne was in one of the earlier posts but Ertl is also great at right back. Lee Naylor at Celtic also makes a great loan option at left back to complement Lee Hills.

i agree with the palace statement and took on the challenge as a i wanted to show how effective my tactic is after people had doubted it, I think with the screens i provided that i proved it efeectivness.

I will be working on the classic defence to try and make it better, Look out for an update over the next week or so.

Just a quick question are people still intrested in another winger tactic or is the one i posted ok?

First off, thanks for all the great tactics, have given me great success with every club i've been at.

But I haven't been as successful with the winger beta you posted though, so if you have another one coming i'd love to try that.

First off, thanks for all the great tactics, have given me great success with every club i've been at.

But I haven't been as successful with the winger beta you posted though, so if you have another one coming i'd love to try that.

i found it difficult with the winger tactic i posted i will be working on a bew one as i know winger tactics are very popular, These things take time thats all.

I thought I would post a few quick observations about this tactic, maybe it will help some people.

Firstly I find just by watching the games/goal/key moments that often it is the fullbacks who have plenty of time and space on the ball. I haven't tested this but I would guess if you could find a few good fullbacks who can cross a decent ball into the box it would help a great deal.

I am currently playing with 1860 Munich and we are doing very well, half way through the season and we are unbeaten. I have tried my best to keep morale and motivation maxed out though not just click play and prey.

owh..but i try using it on your tactic seem work well but i use it when facing a mid team
Hi can anyone tell me what MC's: needed means, and strikers: 2 needed means, what settign is this? Also what setting should i give to the taker?

Thanks

He probably means back if needed. So the players won't go forward when the opposition has too many players which are still attacking.

CAn Sas1no or Cragswfc shed some light on this because it seem weird haveing strikers back if needed but if it works great system?

hi Mr Houg!

I'm using your gcs (btw, i thought cs was "corner cheat", sorry :o)

you say the pitch size should be minimum...

why? I'm starting now and i have best results away (old trafford)

i'll keep reporting

cumps

Mr Hough Which tactic would be best for Rushden? no wingers at club so 4-1-2-3 or 4-1-2-1-2 is fine but which one? can you link?

Erm not too sure i'd proberly go with the classic becasue thats the one i've had most success with.

There is a link in the OP for that have a look there