Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

I never start with a real top team. Highest I guess is Leverkusen (media prediction 8th) in Germany and my first seasons squad had only players for the bench coming in and I won the league. Other than that I had just good experiences in 10.2 with Mr. Houghs tactics playing lower league teams (though I have to admit I have no clue about the Crystal Palace squad :))

The reason I say Crystal Palace is because when you look through teams in 10.3, they have -10 points and no money. so that is the best way to see if a tactic really works. Leverkusen are a top team, they are consolidated within the Bundesliga and therefore although they are not a continental top team they are quite big within their respective league. Most ppl here have used Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Milan and a whole host of teams who are all consolidated top flight teams. Even the example posted by Mr Hough (Everton) are a consolidated side. He had great success with them but would the same be achieved with such a poor team as Crystal Palace. Plus the point is you cant bring in players with Crystal Palaca and reading on this thread, most ppl have purchased Dzeko who is either really good in FM or just works with this tactic.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After thrashing Madrid 5-0, I beat Fiorentina 7:0 away... Messi with 5 goals.... :D :D After that, beat Xerez away also, 10:0, this time Messi "only" had a hat trick... :D :D Brilliant... All in all, Messi in 15 games, 19 goals an 6 assists...

are u using small pitch size?? where messi scoring a lot?? home at small pitch or away at home?? cos in my game he hasnt a lot chanches!!

The reason I say Crystal Palace is because when you look through teams in 10.3, they have -10 points and no money. so that is the best way to see if a tactic really works. Leverkusen are a top team, they are consolidated within the Bundesliga and therefore although they are not a continental top team they are quite big within their respective league. Most ppl here have used Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Milan and a whole host of teams who are all consolidated top flight teams. Even the example posted by Mr Hough (Everton) are a consolidated side. He had great success with them but would the same be achieved with such a poor team as Crystal Palace. Plus the point is you cant bring in players with Crystal Palaca and reading on this thread, most ppl have purchased Dzeko who is either really good in FM or just works with this tactic.

Yeah, like I said, I have no clue about Crystal Palace :) So might be an idea to crosscheck Mr. Houghs important attributes for each position with the palace players and see if they might fit

Mr Hough, I haven't tried your tactic but it appears that everyone who is trying it and is experiencing success, is doing so with what could be considered a top team. I would like to know if your tactic works with a team at a lower division. Or at a team with no resources. I will offer one example, Crystal Palace. In 10.3, they have a -10 point deduction and no money so will your tactic work with them for example?

All I see atm is ppl buying the same players, notably Dzeko. It could be that this player simply works under this tactical system and nearly every team chosen has been a consolidated top level team. If someone is able, maybe yourself to try out Crystal Palace, who in 10.3 appear to be one of the worst off teams and not too far down the standings then we can see if this tactic does or not work.

I am playing this tactic with Wrexham from BSP and with some minor tweaking and offcourse other players than the default, I have won BSP and in 2nd season on top of 2nd div. + won the first 2 rounds of League Cup (1 team from 1st div and 2nd from champ)

I am playing this tactic with Wrexham from BSP and with some minor tweaking and offcourse other players than the default, I have won BSP and in 2nd season on top of 2nd div. + won the first 2 rounds of League Cup (1 team from 1st div and 2nd from champ)

An important point to note. Do Wrexham have money in game? Has there been a takeover? What rep are you starting with? Are these player brought in logical purchases for BSP?

I have seen gamers win lower leagues first time, notably on career games so its not impossible to do so. When you say tweaks, what kind?

I still await a reply from Mr Hough on this matter as I would like to know if his tactics are good or simply suitable to specific players and/or teams.

They do work with lower league teams too.

I have used it in Poland with Widzew Lodz. Before you go and say Widzew is considered top in their division (media prediction 1st in 1st league) you must know that Polish league reputation is so low that even freebies don't want to join... ;0

So you basically must play with standard team all the time... Until the Polish league rep goes higher ;).

I used it with fenerbahçe (1st media prediction turkish premier division team), and I still managed to win 3-1 against inter in supercup : ) of course, most of my team has 14+ required attributes so I transferred a lot, but still.

I'd like to know if mr. hough could somehow expand the required attributes part. you know, secondary attributes maybe? I like to scout using attributes / positions, and I usually en up getting players that have some very high stats, and the rest very low. I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong : )

oh also, does anyone have a topic that explains which sliders requires which attributes to be successful? (ie long shots-often needs a high long shots attribute to be successful, or run with the ball needs dribbling, etc)

Mr Hough, I haven't tried your tactic but it appears that everyone who is trying it and is experiencing success, is doing so with what could be considered a top team. I would like to know if your tactic works with a team at a lower division. Or at a team with no resources. I will offer one example, Crystal Palace. In 10.3, they have a -10 point deduction and no money so will your tactic work with them for example?

All I see atm is ppl buying the same players, notably Dzeko. It could be that this player simply works under this tactical system and nearly every team chosen has been a consolidated top level team. If someone is able, maybe yourself to try out Crystal Palace, who in 10.3 appear to be one of the worst off teams and not too far down the standings then we can see if this tactic does or not work.

Why don't you try it, It won't hurt

It says in the OP the ideal attributes for each player to have for the tactic to work mate

That does not prove its a successful tactic. All it proves is that specific players work with the tactic. The OP claims that the tactic has success and I dont put that into doubt but I want to know if its a successful tactic all round or just specific to defined characteristics. If its the latter then its just a good tactic, like many others on this forum. If its the former then its a great tactic.

Why don't you try it, It won't hurt

Mr Hough, I am actively playing another game with another team and haven't got the time to try a tactic out all the time. That is why I ask on your thread if someone can try this out, maybe yourself. I am not questioning if your tactic is good, I will not doubt that but I would like to know if its better than most other tactics posted here. All your posters simply seem to select a top team and tend to buy the same players, this does not support the belief that your tactic is great. There lies my question, is this a great tactic or simply a good one?

Just thought i'd give some feedback...

Playing with Havant&Waterlooville ... 2 seasons into the game...

First season classic tactic got me promoted easily, winning games 2-1 or 3-1, but conceding in every game. Second season in blue square premier after 10 games i was first, sitting comfortably top of the table, but then it started... got a slump where i lost 6 straight games, then tried to change to newer version wizard v.2 , but that was even worse. I completely lost possesion and always lost. Came back to classic tactic, bought few players and that let me finish season in 7th spot. Noticed one thing, i struglled against better sides and mostly when playing away. I suspect this tactic works well if you have better or the same level players. Conceding is the biggest problem, conceded 65 goals, while scored 95...

Mr Hough, I am actively playing another game with another team and haven't got the time to try a tactic out all the time. That is why I ask on your thread if someone can try this out, maybe yourself. I am not questioning if your tactic is good, I will not doubt that but I would like to know if its better than most other tactics posted here. All your posters simply seem to select a top team and tend to buy the same players, this does not support the belief that your tactic is great. There lies my question, is this a great tactic or simply a good one?

i had tried the classic tactic with huddersfield before i released it.

This is a team who has potential and where prediceted 8th in the league i signed 2 players during my tester season i right back and a striker then i went on holiday for the entire season, I never test tactics in holiday mode either but was running short on time and i wanted to see what the results would be.

http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/lastorders_2008/?action=view&current=HuddersfieldTest.jpg

I came first in the league. I also won the 'Quadruple' which was the Premier League F.A. Cup Europa League and the League Cup all in my first season with Everton.

These Acheivements where with no cheats at all.

To answer your Question yes i think it's a Great Tactic.

Just try the tactic with whatever team and follow the guidelines. If you don't like it, or it doesn't work, it's not the end of the world.

How can I explain this any simpler. You guys create a thread and say "This is the best tactic out there" and then when asked to back this up you produce examples with teams who would usually win irrelevant of the tactic and when I ask you to show results with a weak team you ask me to do it and then say if it doesnt work try another one. The point is if this tactic is so good, demonstrate it. Not me, you guys, all those who say its a great tactic, show me this. Otherwise its just a tactic as good as the rest of them. No offence Mr Hough but you need to show its a great tactic, take it as a challenge. Not much point tweaking it if you're unable to show how good it is with a weak or average side.

i had tried the classic tactic with huddersfield before i released it.

This is a team who has potential and where prediceted 8th in the league i signed 2 players during my tester season i right back and a striker then i went on holiday for the entire season, I never test tactics in holiday mode either but was running short on time and i wanted to see what the results would be.

http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/lastorders_2008/?action=view&current=HuddersfieldTest.jpg

I came first in the league. I also won the 'Quadruple' which was the Premier League F.A. Cup Europa League and the League Cup all in my first season with Everton.

These Acheivements where with no cheats at all.

To answer your Question yes i think it's a Great Tactic.

You said it yourself, Huddersfield had potential. Try it with a weaker team and show the results.

ok hi everyone ...iv made this tactic into a true wonder tactic ..iv made loads off changes to the tactic

will be posted it soon ..

Ok this is a better post. Lets see what the changes are but are QPR still a rich club? If so would it not be easy to purchase players?

I dont deny this is a good tactic but I see no eveidence its a great tactic. Take on a useless team and see what happens. I give the example of Crystal Palace because in 10.3 they have -10 points and no money. I guess survival would prove this a good tactic a top 7 finish would prove it a Great tactic. The challenge is on guys. I'll be waiting.

OH MY GOD, What are you some kind of forum tactics expert, I acctully don't want you to use my tactic.

I post my tactics on here to help people who are having trouble with making there own.

Yet it's people like you who i like to call 'Snob-posters' who will only use it if i have took the likes of maccelsfield back to back promotions in 5 years won countless trophys with.

Mate thats not my job thats your job to do if you wanna play with a team like palace then play with them.

You say you have have no time but you could of had a few games in the time that your berating my tactics.

Actually Im at work. So I cant play. Tbh the only snob is you. I am not going to play as palace but its clear that you wont do it because your tactics will not do anything if you tried. I never asked for back to back promotions, I said top 7 would make it a great tactic (check my previous post). I am not a snob poster and have never been but you are a snob creater since you claim its a great tactic by using it with top teams. If you think its a great tactic then prove it. Everyone else who posts in this forum does precisely that, they prove it so do what everyone else is expected to do. Prove your tactic is great by trying it on a rubbish team and see what happens.

He just shows his attitude. If you can't appreciate someones hard work then don't barge in someone else topic :/.

It is GREAT tactic. Just like Complete Dominance is.

You have 97 posts to your name, what gives you the insight to suggest its a great tactic. Its obvious you like most posters here cant read. I never questioned the tactic or the work involved, what I question is the statement that its a great tactic. Its not, unless you prove it.

Actually Im at work. So I cant play. Tbh the only snob is you. I am not going to play as palace but its clear that you wont do it because your tactics will not do anything if you tried. I never asked for back to back promotions, I said top 7 would make it a great tactic (check my previous post). I am not a snob poster and have never been but you are a snob creater since you claim its a great tactic by using it with top teams. If you think its a great tactic then prove it. Everyone else who posts in this forum does precisely that, they prove it so do what everyone else is expected to do. Prove your tactic is great by trying it on a rubbish team and see what happens.

This is the last time i'm gonna comment on this i have deleted my post because this is Tactical Forums not a slagging match.

if you don't wanna use the tactic then don't if you wanna use it great

I have just started a game with Blyth who are in the Blue Square North and are predicted to finish 15th in the league.

I'll show you the results after my first season

This is the last time i'm gonna comment on this i have deleted my post because this is Tactical Forums not a slagging match.

if you don't wanna use the tactic then don't if you wanna use it great

And its the last time I say this. Unless you prove your tactic to be a success with a lower level club its simply a tactic like any other.

Jsolloso how is the tactic irrelevant if I won the premier league in my first season with West Ham without buying players?

West Ham have a good team ingame, they are not like real life. Do you have a screenie of this feat?

What drivel!

I was 17th in the BSP - Since changing to the classic version I have won 15 in a row and now sit 2nd in the league.

Enough said

What team? How much money? All that influences your game not just the tactics. Thats a fact.

You have 97 posts to your name, what gives you the insight to suggest its a great tactic. Its obvious you like most posters here cant read. I never questioned the tactic or the work involved, what I question is the statement that its a great tactic. Its not, unless you prove it.

With the greatest respect, the number of posts is not proportional to intelligence, or ability to make insightful comment. I have been a member of this forum since 2003 and have only made just over 100 posts. I have, however, played FM/CM regularly since 2001, and I'm sure the previous poster has too, as he has been registered here since 2005.

Regarding your insistence that other people need to test the tactic with Crystal Palace I would say this:

It is not your job, role or responsibility to tell other people on this forum what they should spend their free time doing. Simples! I have used this tactic for about a third of a season to see how it works, and it is very effective. If you want to try it out I'm sure we would all value your comments about it, but it is not for Mr Hough or anyone else to justify their existence to you.

I will upload later.

However it seems Mr.Hough has taken up your challenge. Now you have something to look forward to.

And I happily await the results. If he proves it to work under the conditions I set then I will happily rectify my comments. :)

Thank you very much facman ;).

I would also state that English league even in Division 3 and below can attract players. A lot of good free players are at game start so even Crystal Palace challenge is not that hard.

I would say if a tactic works well in Poland (tested with Widzew/Lech)/Croatia (Hajduk/Zadar)/Belgium Lower leagues (KV Mechelen for that matter), Bulgaria (BATE) it will do well anywhere. Those leagues I mentioned won't attract players easily. Buying someone is pain in the ass due to restrictions (limited number of foreigners in squad, promoting your own players, etc).

I would say if you hadn't played outside England and your knowledge is only based on English league you Sir know little of football. That's my point.

And yes, I do have knowledge of football. Have been here since 2005 just for reading mostly :). Have played all CM games since the days SI made them (CM1/CM2 and CM3 (season 2001/2002 is STILL my favourite CM to date :p)).

With the greatest respect, the number of posts is not proportional to intelligence, or ability to make insightful comment. I have been a member of this forum since 2003 and have only made just over 100 posts. I have, however, played FM/CM regularly since 2001, and I'm sure the previous poster has too, as he has been registered here since 2005.

Regarding your insistence that other people need to test the tactic with Crystal Palace I would say this:

It is not your job, role or responsibility to tell other people on this forum what they should spend their free time doing. Simples! I have used this tactic for about a third of a season to see how it works, and it is very effective. If you want to try it out I'm sure we would all value your comments about it, but it is not for Mr Hough or anyone else to justify their existence to you.

Regarding your post. I am free to comment as I wish as long as I dont insult or condone insults. I have played by the rules of the forum at all times and was one of the first to support Mr Hough when another member deliberatly belittled him. Now all I ask is that he proves his quote that the tactic is great by trying out a rubbish team. Crystal Palace standout because in 10.3 they have a 10 point deduction and no money. That is a challenge. I dont know if there's another team with similar financial problems but they seem the best example I can think of.

As for your comment on effectiveness, if it works for you then fine but can you prove this, screenies perhaps?

After thrashing Madrid 5-0, I beat Fiorentina 7:0 away... Messi with 5 goals.... :D :D After that, beat Xerez away also, 10:0, this time Messi "only" had a hat trick... :D :D Brilliant... All in all, Messi in 15 games, 19 goals an 6 assists...

which version of the tactic do you use, have you made any changes and which position you use Messi in?

West Ham have a good team ingame, they are not like real life. Do you have a screenie of this feat?

What team? How much money? All that influences your game not just the tactics. Thats a fact.

This last comment is blindingly obvious! I'm sure Mr Hough assumes that you have bought the best players you can with your available budget/reputation limitations.

I do however think that the tactic is the most important part. Get it wrong and the results will not come, no matter how good your players are.

Luckily, this tactic is brilliant :)

This last comment is blindingly obvious! I'm sure Mr Hough assumes that you have bought the best players you can with your available budget/reputation limitations.

I do however think that the tactic is the most important part. Get it wrong and the results will not come, no matter how good your players are.

Luckily, this tactic is brilliant :)

IF its a brilliant tactic then it should work with a club with no money. Which is what I have challenged him to succeed in, until this is shown I will simply refer to this tactic as one more and should be referred to as such.

are u using small pitch size?? where messi scoring a lot?? home at small pitch or away at home?? cos in my game he hasnt a lot chanches!!

Yes, small pitch at home...away I don't really know... :D . Also, I play Messi as the left striker and I'm using the beta 2nd version.

This tactic is great tried so many different tactics with Coventry in the Championship and couldn't do better than about 15th with your tactic Mr. Hough won the Championship 1st season with about 5 games to spare Thank You.

Not wanting to bring the obvious but how much money did you have available and who did you buy? I notice that Coventry are open to a potential takeover so was there one and did this alter the financial situation?

I will await a reply from Mr Hough on how he progresses with a team as poor as Crystal Palace who have to play against a 10 point deduction using his tactic before I agree with any comments like those posted above.

Not wanting to bring the obvious but how much money did you have available and who did you buy? I notice that Coventry are open to a potential takeover so was there one and did this alter the financial situation?

I will await a reply from Mr Hough on how he progresses with a team as poor as Crystal Palace who have to play against a 10 point deduction using his tactic before I agree with any comments like those posted above.

an update for you

Playing as Blyth as you know i have only signed free players even though i have a whopping 5k to spend currently 2nd after 17 games level on points with 1st place.

All them games are where i have been on holiday i'm gonna play the game now and see if i can get promotion.

an update for you

Playing as Blyth as you know i have only signed free players even though i have a whopping 5k to spend currently 2nd after 17 games level on points with 1st place.

All them games are where i have been on holiday i'm gonna play the game now and see if i can get promotion.

My challenge was for you to try a team who are financially cripled. I gave Crystal Palace as the example. A 10 point deduction and no money, this should be all about your tactic. Blyth is not on the same level but I await results all the same although I dont see why you wont take up the Crystal Palace challenge.

Dude. I think it's actually harder to play with Blyth than with Palace, since you can pick up some good freebies with Palace. Where with Blyth you don't have that much money and their rep is much lower. So Mr. Hough is actually doing excellent work with Blyth

I'm using that GCS Mr H/Zico tactic from post 639 - 4th season - during October I moved to Valencia from Valladolid and in 4 months have taken them from 17th to 4th position. I've not had much money to spend so only bought Annan and a couple of squad players in during January. Granted...I still have David Villa, David Silva, Guiseppe Rossi (bought by manager before me) and Ever Banega - but not too many other players of note - so the GCS Mr H/Zico tactic is working wonders for me - better than the classic and the original and they were fine as well!

My challenge was for you to try a team who are financially cripled. I gave Crystal Palace as the example. A 10 point deduction and no money, this should be all about your tactic. Blyth is not on the same level but I await results all the same although I dont see why you wont take up the Crystal Palace challenge.

Why don't you try it yourself

an update for you

Why don't you try it yourself

Because its your tactic and your claim. If I did it then I could ensure it either works or fails (cheating) and I cant counterclaim such a claim. Also I havent the time. Still I await your Blyth results but Im surprised you wont take up the challenge, it would put your tactic above all others.

A bit off topic: in regards to Youth players does it make more sense to send them to my feeder club (crystal palace) or to keep them in the reserves with a heavy training schedule?

@Jsolloso: actually tempted to try it with Crystal Palace. I will test it this weekend.