JoseRR's FM08 Small Club to Big Club From a Big European Nation Challenge

Gilbster - 2009/10 Brindisi Update

Well my second season went much the same way as my first season.

The main differences were I was further over my wage budget, and my board aren't very happy with me. I am not sure they will be offering me a contract renewal, so not going to say much more until I know either way.

Transfers

Table

Squad

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Frazza - Galuppo and Crisci look decent. i had Crisci on loan for one season and he did ok. nothing special though... but he wasn't a regular starter to be fair.

I know but I wanted a better parent club than Parma. Like Inter maybe.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Just been offered a new contract, so will be staying on.

Am hoping to clear out some of the unused players from this season and replace them with better players.

my advice would be to cut off all of the deadwood and try and bring in loan players on little or no wages to add a bit of depth to the squad.

what sort of crowds are you getting??

good to hear you got a new deal by the way.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Am hoping to clear out some of the unused players from this season and replace them with better players.

my advice would be to cut off all of the deadwood and try and bring in loan players on little or no wages to add a bit of depth to the squad.

good to hear you got a new deal by the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Average attendances for the past 2 seasons have been 3645 and 3556.

Oddly enough my ass man reckons I have a good amount of depth and the only players I am wanting to bring in still this season are Wing Backs and perhaps a sweeper.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

good to hear you got a new deal by the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Average attendances for the past 2 seasons have been 3645 and 3556.

Oddly enough my ass man reckons I have a good amount of depth and the only players I am wanting to bring in still this season are Wing Backs and perhaps a sweeper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're pretty good crowds for C2 to be fair. are you heavily over budget on wages?? i hadcrowds like that and i was making about £100k a month....

Currently only £531 p/w over budget, but has been as much as £1.7k p/w over.

Currently have £772k in the bank so not too worried. However because I am over budget I am being restricted on what I can offer to potential signings.

just a quick mini-update while i'm bored at work...

just played first Serie C cup game, at home to Varese. a disappointing 1-1 draw, with Kropfl equalising late on. had plenty of shots, but only 36% posession... icon_rolleyes.gif

as for squad, coming along, on paper, really nicely. got plenty of players rated as '7 stars' which is encouraging. focused on strengthening defence, which have done, and brought in 2 more strikers, who to date have proven ability at the level. one has scored 4 goals in 2 friendlies.

itching to crack on and get into the league season, but pre-season is always slow progress for me. nearly there though!

As anyone else had any crackers come from their youth ranks I had a couple of super lads come up 7 stars both only young fellas aswell one scored the final goal on the final day to keep my Trier side in the Bundesliga 3

Originally posted by ashton321:

As anyone else had any crackers come from their youth ranks I had a couple of super lads come up 7 stars both only young fellas aswell one scored the final goal on the final day to keep my Trier side in the Bundesliga 3

i haven't had too much come through as yet - i've tried to have the fcilities upgraded but no luck as yet. by 7 stars, do you mean grey ones??

yeah start off at that then have come to be 5 gold ones

all of my highly promising 'grey stars' have turned out to be no more than about a 3 for me, which with the quality of my team being as it is, is a long way away from the first team....

dave safc - Nocerina - 2008/2009 - End of season

Media Prediction - 1st

Final Position - 1st (Champions!)

Final Table - Table

Transfers - Transfers

Serie C Cup - 1st Round

We were by far the best team in the division and worthy champions, if I say so myself.

We did our best to throw the league away, drawing games we absolutely dominated to give away a 7 point lead, but thankfully we did it in the end.

I've got a good little side together and, with a few additions, fancy our chances in Serie C1 icon14.gif

Really enjoying the challenge, and reading about everyone else's exploits. Keep it up! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by dave safc:

dave safc - Nocerina - 2008/2009 - End of season

Media Prediction - 1st

Final Position - 1st (Champions!)

Final Table - Table

Transfers - Transfers

Serie C Cup - 1st Round

We were by far the best team in the division and worthy champions, if I say so myself.

We did our best to throw the league away, drawing games we absolutely dominated to give away a 7 point lead, but thankfully we did it in the end.

I've got a good little side together and, with a few additions, fancy our chances in Serie C1 icon14.gif

Really enjoying the challenge, and reading about everyone else's exploits. Keep it up! icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats!! icon14.gif i didn't manage to become champions.... icon_rolleyes.gif table shows that you seem to have done it on merit. any chance of seeing your squad?

i notice you have Nicki B Nielsen on loan - how did he do for you? i bought him last season for about £200k, but he did nothing for me. have just sold him on for £500k + bonuses. he was highly rated but didn't fit into the Como squad.

Congrats on the season davesfc well done buddy.

Ok Co owner ship is where a club buys half of the contract. At the end of one whole season the two teams can either make an offer or delay. If an offer is made it is like a blind auction highest bidder wins and the money you bid buys the other part of the contract.

You can Delay at the end of the first season which means the palyer will stay for a further season at which ever club he is currently active with.

At the second season offers have to be made and you cannot delay.

Hope this helps.

Congrats on the season davesfc well done buddy.

Ok Co owner ship is where a club buys half of the contract. At the end of one whole season the two teams can either make an offer or delay. If an offer is made it is like a blind auction highest bidder wins and the money you bid buys the other part of the contract.

You can Delay at the end of the first season which means the palyer will stay for a further season at which ever club he is currently active with.

At the second season offers have to be made and you cannot delay.

Hope this helps.

that pretty much sums it up i'd say..... it's mainly an advantage if you need to raise extra cash without losing the player straight away. if you do do any co-ownership deals, always ensure that the club he plays for is you (presuming you want him)

I've always found that when it comes down to larger clubs making their final offers for full ownership, they usually offer £0! So just a small offer on my behalf usually results in me getting my player back icon_biggrin.gif

(That could just be because my players are useless icon_rolleyes.gif)

Originally posted by iacovone:

I've always found that when it comes down to larger clubs making their final offers for full ownership, they usually offer £0! So just a small offer on my behalf usually results in me getting my player back icon_biggrin.gif

(That could just be because my players are useless icon_rolleyes.gif)

i do find that true alot of the time too. it's such a pain when you don't want the player, bid £0, and then get him back when they don't want him either..... icon_rolleyes.gif

always set a good price when selling 50% - don't ask for 50% of the current value if you rate him at all.

rlipscombe - Thanks, here's my Squad . I've just played my first league game of the season and dispatched of Salernitana 5-0 icon_eek.gif . Nicki B Nielsen didn't do anything for me either, he wasn't really first choice and when he did get a game he never really impressed.

iacovone - Cheers, look forward to the report icon14.gif

ashton321 - Thanks buddy, well done on the survival icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by dave safc:

rlipscombe - Thanks, here's my Squad . I've just played my first league game of the season and dispatched of Salernitana 5-0 icon_eek.gif . Nicki B Nielsen didn't do anything for me either, he wasn't really first choice and when he did get a game he never really impressed.

iacovone - Cheers, look forward to the report icon14.gif

ashton321 - Thanks buddy, well done on the survival icon_biggrin.gif

you have Schumacher on a permanent deal!!! icon_eek.gif how did you manage that??? recognise a couple of players - ancelotti and papa. both decent players at that level....

Yeah, I was quite surprised to get him too. His contract was up at Udinese and he was interested in signing for me on £3000 a week, so I signed him icon_biggrin.gif

Although I only play one striker and Amraei is keeping him out of the team at the minute.

Ancelotti and Papa are both very solid players icon14.gif

Gilbster - 2010/11 - Brindisi

Well that season has just felt exactly the same as the past 2 seaosns, except the final league points were less than before. I feel like I am making no progress with this team, what so ever.

I am still massively over budget on the wages (around 5k p/w over) and am actually losing money for the season.

If I cant start winning more matches in the new season and get my finances under control I will either be sacked or I am likely to walk. I know its a long challenge, but some progress would be nice.

Transfers

Table

Squad

You really, really need to cut down your squad as you have far, far too many players. An absolute maximum squad of 25 is more than enough.

While still at the level you are I'd suggest putting all U20's in the U20 squad having no more than 20 players in there. Any surplus, get rid of them.

Completely forget about the reserves for now and leave no players in there other than out on loan and long term injured players.

Whittle the main squad down to at most 25 making sure you've got at least 2 players for each position and if possible 3 for each position across those 25 slots.

Once you've done that, your wage budget will be dramatically reduced and you can concentrate on the select squad you've got. Only sign players that will improve your first 11 rather than your squad. When you get in a new player, get rid of the player he is replacing.

Keep things nice and tidy with a close knit and then you just need to work with the tactics. Sort that out and success will come. There's no need to have so many players.

Also, nice to see you've Flavi, and Sperati. I've got those two.

i'd agree to an extent in that squad is a bit big. cut out the deadwood, and, if necessary, replace them with loanees who will cost you little or nothing in wages. that will cut some off the wage budget for sure.

i can't remember if you have a parent club. if so, bring in a number of their U-20s to boost the squad. you shouldn't have to pay anything out in wages for them. then, even if they don't play any games, they won't have 'cost' you anything so to speak.

please don't give in though - success will come i'm sure. defensively you look ok but you desperately need goals. spend the summer searching for a striker or two, even on loan. if you can find 20 extra goals from somewhere i'm sure you'll reach the play-offs.

keep your chin up.

Ok, have managed to get rid of a fair amount of players, by letting them leave on bosmans and releasing others of them.

I have always liked having big squads of players as I find I usually end up with too many injuries and suspensions at the same time.

I do have a parent club which is Roma and they have already sent me 2 great looking players for this season. Will try and pick up some more from them.

Tactics on the whole I always struggle with, as I am not a tactically minded person, but have had a fiddle with one to see if it works at all.

Any tips on how to get rid of players that no clubs seem to want, given I dont want to pay compensation uncessarily. I have a reasonable amount of youth players coming through each year which I really dont care about that much.

The reason the squad was that big was due to me going overboard on season 1, when I was building from scratch and offering contracts to anyone who seemed half interested, and I got confused when a lot of players decided they wanted to sign for Brindisi.

Ok, have managed to get rid of a fair amount of players, by letting them leave on bosmans and releasing others of them.

I have always liked having big squads of players as I find I usually end up with too many injuries and suspensions at the same time.

I do have a parent club which is Roma and they have already sent me 2 great looking players for this season. Will try and pick up some more from them.

Tactics on the whole I always struggle with, as I am not a tactically minded person, but have had a fiddle with one to see if it works at all.

Any tips on how to get rid of players that no clubs seem to want, given I dont want to pay compensation uncessarily. I have a reasonable amount of youth players coming through each year which I really dont care about that much.

The reason the squad was that big was due to me going overboard on season 1, when I was building from scratch and offering contracts to anyone who seemed half interested, and I got confused when a lot of players decided they wanted to sign for Brindisi.

scout all of Roma's U-20's who are on full-time contracts and the young players in the reserves. any good ones who will come, offer to loan, and pay no wages. these players can be used as squad fillers, rather than players earning £200p/w for example.

as for getting rid on them, £0 and not needed by club. take whatever you can get. with all youngsters who 'graduate' who i don't want, offer them a 1-year deal. then, if you can afford them, release them. if not, you can get rid at end of season.

Okay....

I just played a game against Michael Ballack. He apparently plays for the Werder Bremen B-team. Something tells me that's not going to happen in real life (even if it's in 2012). He's not even the captain (a 19 year old is icon_smile.gif).

Albalonga End of Season Update - 08/09

Well this was an interesting first season at the helm. As I showed you in the half season update, we'd started well and were hunting the playoff positions. However as the season moved into the new year we began to stutter. Our away form was still fairly strong but the home form remained shockingly weak - I'll be suprised if we can equal the 40 season ticket holders we had this year! S

So although we showed promising signs in the first half of the season we fell off the pace in the closing stage. We ended up 7th which was certainly respectable but trailed the playoff places by 6 points. I'm hoping with a few good additions and the re-loaning of some Lazio youngsters we can continue our march toward promotion.

Here is the Best XI for the season. Costantini and Mancini (on loan from Lazio) were the stand out players icon14.gif

Well things are looking a bit better so far this season. Managed to get past the group stage of the Serie C cup, and have been given a first knockout round draw against Pescara in the Italian C1/B.

Incidently Brindisi for this season has been moved into the Serie C2/B.

Frazza just go for a really attacking formation. Its been working for me - especially away from home. Be aggressive too!

Pre season's been great so far. Got a couple of really promising players in through the academy and made some strong signings on free transfers. I just need to cut out the deadwood, the squad's too big at the moment.

Originally posted by iacovone:

Frazza just go for a really attacking formation. Its been working for me - especially away from home. Be aggressive too!

Pre season's been great so far. Got a couple of really promising players in through the academy and made some strong signings on free transfers. I just need to cut out the deadwood, the squad's too big at the moment.

Yeah I am using an attacking formation now.

It's brilliant when you get immense youngsters through your ranks isn't it. Same with finding great freebies.

It's brilliant when you get immense youngsters through your ranks isn't it. Same with finding great freebies.

Definitely. I'd say I just about prefer getting the youngsters through as they really are born and bred, die hard, lovers of the club icon_biggrin.gif

Particularly in challenges like this where we're sticking with one club, the joy of a good academy product is unrivalled!

Albalonga Pre Season Update - 09/10

It's gone well. We came out of the friendlies with a record of W3 D1 L2. We started slowly but we soon found some form and won some convincing games. The squad is looking stronger than ever and I feel confident we can compete for the playoff places next season.

I managed to convince Tuia and Mancini (screenshots to follow) to return for a season long loan which was great news. A new keeper and a strong left back have enforced the defence whilst I found a couple of useful forwards to sharpen the attack. On the whole it looks like a promising year ahead icon_smile.gif

Di Masi

Tuia

Monti

Mancini

Marcogino

Should also have added that the results were just from friendlies. I'm not going to include the Serie C Cup. That has just begun and despite my good form we lost the first game 3-2 away to Manfredonia icon_rolleyes.gif

I also took the step of enlarging our pitch to it's maximum in hope of producing better results at home.

Archived