new website please have a look

That doesn't make it a new site, it makes it a revamped one.

Just looking on it now, I wouldn't choose it over the likes of LW, FMG and Fever-Pitch. You provide nothing but things already on the scene (wonderkids list from FMBase for example) and have literally no content or posts, now that is just the forum but that is where most members would go. You have 23 posts when opening and a few of them are off topic, I know when my FMH site opened my staff and I made sure that we had posts in every section and downloads/content, this resulted in 300 posts.

On looks though the colour customisation is good however some prefer light skins and don't have an option of that, you may want to implement a alternate one. The header is very basic and to be honest I don't like the badges this is my opinion but I do graphics and it looks cheesy and could be done in 10 minutes - not a good impression espiecally as it is the first thing potential members see.

The biggest issue is the scroller on an avatar, either set the limit smaller or make the field bigger as it is dreadful, no one wants a cut off avatar.

If this is being nasty then please don't cry but in my view it is honest pointers.

Website itself looks really nice. I'm not a fan of club guides but that's just me, they are actually laid out very well, and is certainly better than many other sites I've visited.

What's the aim of this site? Is it to be a collection of club guides or do you plan other things?

The forums... I'd shrink them down a bit. For example, you have forums for individual consoles. As well as being an FM site (so console discussion shouldn't have a lot of forums like that) you could easily have one larger gaming forum which can cover them all. This also means you'll have one more active forum than several inactive ones.

Keep up the good work!

Archived