Match Analysis - How can it be improved to suit us tacticians?

I was just anaylsing the Birmingham vs Wigan game using the fantastic GameCast and Guardian Chalkboard tools and I really found it immersing and very interesting to look at. I was at the game today and I didn't realise some things on first viewing about our shape and player positions and it was intriguing to see all of the stats there.

This lead me to wonder, can any of this fit into Football Manager's match analysis tool and what would be of use to us as we try and create and adjust tactics.

The first one that I immediately thought of was an 'average position' tab. Basically does what it says on the tin and and shows the average position for each player, maybe using the time-bar to select certain times you want to check the information.

Also, I would like to see an easier way to compare analysis from two games rather than having to alternate between the two. This could be done by having a button inside the match analysis screen saying 'compare with' and then having an easy, on screen way to alternate between the two games. This would make it easier to notice changes in the two games and easier to see how you're tactical changes have worked and impacted the game.

Finaly, I think we need to improve the overall look of the analysis tool. As you look at it, it can prove to be quite difficult to understand with all of the information in your face. One way I would like to see this improved, is by making the pitch look a lot more simplified. Remove the grass cuts across the pitch and make it a flat, green canvas with just the pitch markings visible.

I feel the Match Anaylsis tool has the potential to be a cracking tool and would help everybody develop and understand their own tactic more and understand opposition tactics more. How would you like to see it improved?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived