Englisher Fussball Bund - EFB FM06 Clan Thread Mrk III

Ok can we please take this issue away from our thread. Does not give off a good impression of what EFB is all about.

Tonight it was your loss Tony but if it becomes a regular occurance then I might have a problem with it. I hope it is a one off and please stop going on at Sandy. He joined another clan outwith EFB so it did not clash.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Ok can we please take this issue away from our thread. Does not give off a good impression of what EFB is all about.

Tonight it was your loss Tony but if it becomes a regular occurance then I might have a problem with it. I hope it is a one off and please stop going on at Sandy. He joined another clan outwith EFB so it did not clash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As per usual I am the one in the wrong and Sandy is the angel, the one who walks on water, what makes him special Andy? So special that you let him get away with every snidey comment he makes about me on this forum and on mIRC, he criticises me on every move I make on FM2006 and he is spoiling my enjoyment on this clan but I get the feeling that you all just want to drive me away from this clan.

I'm sorry I am a member of another clan that sometimes but very rarely clashes with EFB but I have had good times with Road to Glory and I feel it is very unfair that you should now try and force me to choose whether to leave either that clan or this clan.

sandybanner.jpg

Norwich Results.

norwich_home.png Vsqpr_away.png

A great start to the session when Norwich won 4-0 with 4 fantastic strikers from Wonderkid Sergey Kisliy who scored in the 7th 15th 45th and 67th minutes. Norwich took a slight lead in the championship as they saw reading drop 2 points in the race for promotion.

Score : Norwich 4 - 0 QPR

MoM: Sergey Kisliy

norwich_home.png Vsfulham_away.png

Another good result which saw Norwich go further ahead in the league as Reading dropped more points . Viduka scored in the 22nd minute to go 1-0 up and then Sergey Kisliy scored in the 47th mintue to make it 2-0 and end the game.

Score : Norwich 2 - 0 Fulham

MoM : Gioda

leeds_home.png Vs

What an absolute fantastic game as Norwich strolled on ahead in the league with League challengers Reading dropping more points and falling down the league table. This game was end to end stuff and Norwich beat Leeds 6-3 . Njazi Kuqi got himself a hatrick scoring goals in the 4th 41st and 62nd minute and Viduka got 2 for Norwich and Bartholomew Ogbeche got 1 for Norwich and the scorers for Leeds were Phillips Einarsson and Healy . this game was a fantastic game and both teams played phenomanal *drinks Irn-Bru*.

Score : Leeds 3 - 6 Norwich

MoM: Kuqi

norwich_home.png Vsforest_away.png

This game had alot of goals and alot of mistakes in it . It was a slow start as Andys Nottm Forest were a strong team to break down but two bad goalkeeping errors and i mean shocking goalkeeping led to Norwichs first two goals coming from Ogbeche in the 30th minute and Kuqi scoring in the 31st minute , Norwich then went on to score in the 38th mintue to make it 3-0 surely the game was over but no. Andys team talk must surely of worked as they got a penalty in the 49th minute and Darren Purse scored it and then Harris scored for forest in the 62nd minute , surely the Tricky Trees could not complete their comeback and Nathan Tyson scored in the 80th minute to make it 3-3 !!! But saidly for Forest fans Norwich got a free-kick on the edge of the area and Barry Robson scored it in the 87th minute to break Hearts of all the Forest fans . Norwich got lucky today and stayed well clear at the top of the Championsip

Score : Nottm Forest 3 - 4 Norwich

MoM: Kuqi

leicester_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

Poor game and crap performance by Norwich . Only two chances in the game and Elvis Hammond got both and scored both to make it 2-0 icon_frown.gif first loss in 12 for Norwich.

Score : Leicster 2 - 0 Norwich

MoM : Hammond

norwich_home.png Vsluton_away.png

1st game of the new year and a few new debutants made an apperance for Norwich as young swedish striker Rawez Lawan scored in the 13th minute to make it 1-0 to the Canaries and then an OG in the 77th minute made it 2-0 .

Score : Norwich 2 - 0 Luton

MoM : Danny Szetela

FA Cup

aston_villa_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

Norwich travelled to the holders of the FA Cup and ost out unluckily to a last minute goal icon_frown.gif . Danny Murphy put Norwich 1-0 after just 6 minutes but then Villa decided to play and Moore scored in the 17th minute and then Baros in the 20th minute . Rawez Lawan scored in the 50th minute to make it 2-2 and Norwich thought they were gonna get a replay but sadly Rubio scored in the 90th minute to put Norwich out of the FA Cup icon_frown.gif Although Norwich fans remain happy as their promotion contenders Reading slipped down the table to 6th place as Norwich hold the 1st place slot 13 points clear at the top icon_biggrin.gif Promotion is a must now that they are out of both cups.

Score : Villa 3 - 2 Norwich

MoM : Rubio

P.S. - Tony you aint getting a reply outta me so no need to be looking at FMO all day as ive seen you looking on these forums alot today icon_smile.gif Andy said dont post so just listen And Made you look bet you thought this was me continuing the daft arguement !

robbanner1.jpg

championship.gif

667.png Vs625.png

Portman Road, Ipswich

Ipswich Town 2 Cardiff City 1

With only 32seconds on the clock Ipswich scored Garvan with the goal, Bowditch would add a 2nd on 8mins, Zizi Roberts then scored for Cardiff on 52mins, Wallace would see red on 72mins and Ipswich made the extra man pay by locking the doors and not conceding a 2nd

Attendance 29075

MOM Ben Foster 8

Referee Paul Melin

Carling.jpg

4th Round

688.png Vs625.png

St James Park Newcastle

Newcastle United 4 Cardiff City 2

Cardiff took a shock lead after 8mins when Zizi Roberts smashed home from close range, Korzym would make it 2-0 to the visitors with 14mins gone and all looked well for the Championship side Melara scored for Newcastle on 18mins to make it 2-1 Owen would score on 84mins to take it to extra time, Owen would then kill off The Bluebirds Cup dreams on 105mins and 108mins

Attendance 25016

MOM Michael Owen 10

Referee Mike Thorpe

championship.gif

625.png Vs702.png

Cardiff City 2 Reading 1

Ninian Park Cardiff

Reading manager was quoted in the local paper saying he hoped he wasnt the manager to get Perry sacked after he has been continually linked with moves away from Cardiff. Perry would lead his Cardiff side to victory over Reading with Roberts opening on 2mins, He would then make it 2-0 on 59mins before Sidwell would score late on for the royals on 90mins

Attendance 17940

MOM Zizi Roberts 8

Referee Clive Penton

homenew.gif

734.png Vs625.png

West Brom 1 Cardiff City 1

The Hawthorns Birmingham

A bore draw here looked like it couldve been so much more when Roberts opened for the visitors after on 3mins but it went stale soon after that and West Brom equalised on 88mins through Gaardsoe

Attendance 30483

MOM Johannes Djourou 8

Referee Keith Stroud

625.png Vs622.png

Cardiff City 2 Burnley 0

Ninian Park Cardiff

The one man scoring machine would score 2more in this one to earn Cardiff the 3points 69 and 76mins

Attendance 12816

MOM Zizi Roberts 8

Referee Andy Penn

625.png Vs697.png

Cardiff City 2 Plymouth Argyle 1

Ninian Park Cardiff

Ediebe would miss a penalty after only 7mins but then Keenan would give them the lead on 12mins, Ediebe would then make up for his earlier miss with a 25yard strike, Sheringham would add one late on for Plymouth on 74mins but Cardiff made a tactical change and slammed the door on Plymouths attack everytime they came forward and they took over 2nd spot in the league with this victory

Attendance 15268

MOM Hasney Aljofee 8

Referee Mark Warren

701.png Vs625.png

QPR 2 Cardiff City 2

Loftus Road London

Dixon opened for Rangers after 13mins Ediebe would make it 1-1 on 19mins then a Richard Langley pen on 25mins would give the home side the lead once more but they couldnt hold on to it as Kelly would then score from the spot on 38mins and this one would end 2-2

Attendance 17212

MOM Richard Langley 8

Referee Mike Masid

625.png Vs654.png

Cardiff City 4 Fulham 0

Ninian Park Cardiff

Fulham where totally outplayed in this one Ediebe would open on 8mins for Cardiff,Kelly made it 2-0 on 34mins and almost 3-0 as the half time whistle went Roberts would make it 3-0 on 77mins and Fanfan would make it 4-0 on 82mins from a curling shot from a corner

Attendance 17212

MOM Zizi Roberts 10

Referee Steve Tanner

671.png Vs625.png

Leeds Utd 4 Cardiff City 0

Elland Road Leeds

Dave brought his team here looking for a win and what a way to get it totally demolishing Cardiff who where on a good run before this one, Kevin Phillips scored first on 7mins then David Healy scored on 22mins halftime Perry made 3 changes but it didnt make a bit of difference to Leeds who would add 2more Healy 69mins and Hotchkiss 72mins

Attendance 40270

MOM David Healy 10

Referee Paul Robinson

January transfer window time sees alot of comings and goings at Cardiff heres a list of all the deals

transfers.png

OUT

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Dj Campbell joined Gillingham for 55k

Dene Shields joined Wrexham for 24k

Cameron Jerome joined Hartlepool Free

Dean Smith joined Grimsby Town 14k

Chris Barker joined Sheff Utd 100k

Paul Lawson joined Doncaster 100k

Neil Alexander joined Nottm Forest Free

Felipe joined Nottm Forest Free

Stuart Tomlinson joined Tranmere 7k

David Unsworth joined Sheff Wednesday 50k

Elpidio Silva joined Wrexham Free

Paul Dickov joined Dundee United 20k </pre>

IN

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Martin Begvold from Kobenhavn 110k

Marcin Smolinski from Legia 8k

Marcin Klatt from Legia 85k

Charlie Sheringham from Ipswich Town 24k

Cristian Antonio Agnelli from Lecce 350k

Stefan Moore from QPR 325k

Simone Masini from Newcastle 1.8m over 24months

Stanislav Vlcek from Blackburn 230k </pre>

625.png Vs692.png

Cardiff City 6 Nottm Forest 1

Ninian Park Cardiff

Cardiff would blood 4 new players in this one and all 4 would get on the score sheet it took Vlcek only 2mins when he stepped up confidently to slot past former keeper Alexander from the spot, Johnson would make it 1-1 on 8mins, Bergvold made it 2-1 on 51mins and 3-1 on 63mins Masini would then make it 4-1 on 69mins and Roberts 5-1 on 78mins before Masini would put the final nail in the coffin on 91mins ,Andy's Forest looked like they needed a Brian Clough talking too after this one as he just couldnt get them playing the way they had been

Attendance 18098

MOM Martin Bergvold 9

Referee Colin Webster

So with The Bluebirds flying high in 2nd place in the league can Cardiff build on a great season so far stay tuned to find out TWEET TWEET!!!!!!

rouchiebanner1.jpg

Glad all over! Back in the Premiership!

Palace are on a poor run of results at the moment and are in danger of sliding down the table and into the mire of the relegation zone. Every one knew Palace would struggle in the premiership and briefly palace were defying their sceptics, can they turn it round again?

villa_home.pngAston Villa Vs Crystal Palacepalace_third.png

5th November 2006

Fireworks night and a visit to the Villans! And at last a win for the Eagles! It took a stroke of bizarre fortune in the first half to give the visitor the lead, when Mellberg kindly provided an opening own goal icon_biggrin.gif Tom Soares was inspirational in the midfield and deserved the man of the match award he received on that performance! Freddy Guarin stepped up to the mark in the second half with a well struck goal to double the advantage and Palace hung on to earn a precious win to break the sequence of dire results icon14.gif

Villa 0 Palace 2

Palace Scorers : Mellberg (OG 38)Guarin (74)

Att : 34745

MOM : Tom Soares (Crystal Palace)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Newcastlenewcastle_home.png

18th November 2006

After the victory at Villa Park you could see the tension lift from the squad ! Michael Chopra opened the scoring against his old club as Newcastle were caught cold with just 3 minutes on the clock! Bjorsmyr equalised in the second half but that just acted as a wake up call for Palace and Freddy Guarin restored the lead 2 minutes later. Diego, the recent free transfer sealed the game just before the final whistle. It was fitting that the ex-toon player Michael Chopra should get the Man of The Match award against his old club as Palace strolled out 3-1 winners icon_cool.gif

Palace 3 Newcastle 1

Newcastle Scorers : Bjorsmyr (68)

Palace Scorers : Chopra (3) Guarin (70) Diego (90)

Att : 22342

MOM : Michael Chopra (Crystal Palace)

tottenham_home.pngTottenham Vs Crystal Palacepalace_home.png

26th November 2006

With two consecutive wins under their belt Palace were approaching the game full of confidence, that confidence seemed misplaced however when Landon Donovan scored for Spurs midway through the first half. Despite Palace dominating the game they were unable to claw back the deficit and were feeling that the luck had not gone their way today. Tom Soares was harshly dismissed 10 minutes in to the second half but still the Eagles were in control, but ended up losing 1-0. Palace Manager Paul Rouch did see some positives though as he said “As a life long hammers fan, it gave me great pleasure to see LJCF Defoe injured after only 4 minutes icon_smile.gif

Spurs 1 Palace 0

Spurs Scorers : Donovan (24)

Att : 36218

MOM : Ledley King (Spurs)

Monthly Awards

Freddy Guarin came 3rd in the young player of the month award icon14.gif

Position

9th

Top Scorer

Michael Chopra - 5

Top rated player

Diego – 7.50

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

I would just like to add that I went on to dominate the first half against Cardiff once I equalised and was unlucky not to go in at half time ahead!!!! icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what you get when you put your newly signed Cardiff keeper in!! He still thought he was playing for them icon_biggrin.gif

Reading Report

tony1banner.jpg

Session Dates: 2nd, 4th & 9th May 2006

Results

01040026320000.jpg

2nd Round

Reading_home.png Reading 2 vs 1 Crystal Palace palace_away.png

Reading Scorers: John Oster (Pen 15) & Leroy Lita (97)

Crystal Palace Scorers: Michael Chopra (84)

Attendance: 6,167

MOM: Ibrahima Sonko (Reading)

Great win for me, the first ever time I have beaten Rouchie and Crystal Palace since I came to EFB. John Oster opened the scoring from the penalty spot in the 15th minute and we led 1-0 through most of the match before Crystal Palace finally equalised in the 84th minute with a goal from Michael Chopra. So we went to extra time but it didn’t take long for the match to be decided when Leroy Lita came on and scored in the 7th minute of Extra Time to give me my first win over Rouchie.

championship.gif

WBA_home.png West Brom 1 vs 0 Reading Reading_away.png

West Brom Scorer: Kanu (49)

Attendance: 30,410

MOM: Chris Riggott (Reading)

From a great win against Crystal Palace to a disappointing 1-0 loss against West Brom in a match Reading should have won as we dominated the match and it was just a flukey goal that beat us.

Reading_home.png Reading 4 vs 0 Burnley burnley_away.png

Reading Scorers: Leroy Lita (2), Cesar Arzo (45), Vincent Pericard (52) & Emile Heskey (89)

Attendance: 18,049

MOM: Cesar Arzo (Reading)

Good game this one, all 3 goals from my 3 strikers and a 1st goal from Cesar Arzo. Burnley didn’t have a chance in this match as Reading had total control over the procession. Reading started the match and Leroy Lita stated our intentions of scoring a bag full of goals by scoring in the 2nd minute, probably the fastest goal Reading have scored so far. Cesar Arzo then scored his first goal for Reading just before half time. Reading came out and substitute Vincent Pericard came one and scored in the 52nd minute to make a win certain followed a late Emile Heskey explanation mark after scoring in the 89th minute.

Reading_home.png Reading 0 vs 0 Q.P.R qpr_away.png

Attendance: 24,095

MOM: Marc Bircham (Q.P.R)

Reading Injuries: Leroy Lita (45)

Not a very good game, both sides had chances but both keepers had good games and kept each other out of the net. Only incident in the game was losing Leroy Lita to injury.

fulham_home.png Fulham 1 vs 0 Reading Reading_away.png

Fulham Scorer: Lee Bowyer (11)

Attendance: 26,508

MOM: Antti Niemi (Fulham)

Crap game for me, just didn’t get out of the blocks after Lee Bowyer scored his goal in the 11th minute.

Reading_home.png Reading 2 vs 0 Leeds Leeds_away.png

Reading Scorers: Leroy Lita (73) & Javi Garcia (85)

Attendance: 23,660

MOM: Cesar Arzo (Reading)

Good win for Reading and a nice welcome to EFB for David Williams. Leeds played well for most of the match but it wasn’t to be as Reading finally broke through their defence for Leroy Lita to score in the 73rd minute and then Javi Garcia scores the final goal in the encounter in the 85th minute. Cesar Arzo also continued his rise in form by winning the Man of the Match award.

Reading_home.png Reading 2 vs 2 Leicester leicester_away.png

Reading Scorers: Richard Stearman own goal (16) & Stephen Wright (Pen 51)

Leicester Scorers: Stephen Hughes (62) & Elvis Hammond (90)

Attendance: 24,072

MOM: Rab Douglas (Leicester)

Reading Injuries: Brynjar Gunnarsson (42)

Red Cards: Nils-Eric Johansson (Leicester) (89)

Should have won this game but defence really let us down letting Leicester score two sloppy goals. On good side to this match was Stephen Wright scoring his first goal for Reading from the penalty spot.

01040026320000.jpg

3rd Round

chelsea_home.png Chelsea 6 vs 2 Reading Reading_away.png

Chelsea Scorers: Emmanuel Sarki (26), Eidur Gudjohnsen (30, 43 & 47), Carlton Cole (69) & Shaun Wright-Phillips (90)

Reading Scorers: Chris Riggott (23), Vincent Pericard (74)

Attendance: 31,364

MOM: Eidur Gudjohnsen (Chelsea)

Wasn’t expecting to win this match and a Chris Riggott goal in the 23rd minute had me believing we would win but it was not to be as the premiership champions completely destroys us without breaking a sweat.

championship.gif

Luton_home.png Luton 0 vs 2 Reading Reading_away.png

Reading Scorers: Emile Heskey (30) & Vincent Pericard (63)

Attendance: 8,278

MOM: Stephen Wright (Reading)

Good match coming off the back of a humiliating cup defeat, Emile Heskey opened the scoring in the 30th minute followed by a Vincent Pericard goal in the 63rd minute. Both sides played well but Reading just had that edge over Luton.

Nottforest_home.png Nottm Forest 0 vs 2 Reading Reading_away.png

Reading Scorers: John Oster (75) & Vincent Pericard (81)

Attendance: 29,342

MOM: Peter Enckelman (Reading)

I think this might be the first time I have beaten Andy in EFB, this was a good match but any hope of Nottingham Forest of getting a point off me was dead in the water in the 75th minute when John Oster hit the back of the net before Vincent Pericard concluded the scoring in the 81st minute in typical style.

Reading_home.png Reading 2 vs 1 Sheff Wed sheffwed_away.png

Reading Scorers: Javi Garcia (45) & Leroy Lita (63)

Sheff Wed Scorer: David Graham (40)

Attendance: 24,082

MOM: Glen Little (Reading)

Reading Injuries: Stephen Wright (58)

Red Cards: Chris Riggott (Reading) (34) & Richie Partridge (Sheff Wed) (73)

Very hot tempered game with Chris Riggott and Richie Partridge of Sheffield Wednesday getting red cards. Reading played the longest with 10 men but were able to equalise, after David Graham had put the away side in front, and then score the winner in the 63rd minute via a Leroy Lita goal.

norwich_home.png Norwich 6 vs 0 Reading Reading_away.png

Norwich Scorers: Henrik Larsson (16) Danny Murphy (Pen 25 & 69), Chris Baird (55), Sergey Kisliy (71) & Barry Robson (72)

Attendance: 25,673

MOM: Danny Murphy (Norwich)

What a embarrassment, my side were totally played off the park in this match I’m not even going to comment on this match other than to say that I’ll never try a 4-3-3 against Sandy’s Norwich again.

Reading_home.png Reading 3 vs 0 Millwall millwall_away.png

Reading Scorers: Emile Heskey (3 & 30) & Dave Kitson (67)

Attendance: 24,094

MOM: John Oster (Reading)

Reading completely dominated this match and scored another win over Millwall, two goals from Heskey and a Dave Kitson goal were enough to put this one to bed.

cardiff_home.png Cardiff 2 vs 1 Reading Reading_away.png

Cardiff Scorers: Zizi Roberts (2 & 59)

Reading Scorer: Steve Sidwell (90)

Attendance: 17,940

MOM: Zizi Roberts (Cardiff)

It wasn’t a good performance from Reading with Steve Sidwell the only player seeming to want to win the match.

Reading_home.png Reading 2 vs 1 Derby derby_away.png

Reading Scorers: Cesar Arzo (11) & Leroy Lita (23)

Derby Scorer: Gary Speed (88)

Attendance: 24,090

MOM: Chris Riggott (Reading)

Match was won for Reading in the first half with goals from Cesar Arzo and Leroy Lita. Derby did try getting back into the match but Gary Speed was just too late to spoil Reading’s party.

Ok reports been done, cue the usual Sandy comment and remark.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

I would just like to add that I went on to dominate the first half against Cardiff once I equalised and was unlucky not to go in at half time ahead!!!! icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what you get when you put your newly signed Cardiff keeper in!! He still thought he was playing for them icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should you not be on holiday or something Gold!!!! icon_mad.gif

Although your prolly right. icon_frown.gif

andybanner2.jpg

The Notts News - Forest in a play off battle!!!!!

Hepburn is defying belief right now as he keeps his Forest team in with a great chance of landing a play off spot. The team has been floating in and out of the play off positions and Hepburn is very proud of his team so far and with the transfer window coming up he will be looking to further strengthen his team and push for a play off position. Here is a run down of the latest goings on at the City Ground.....................

Championship

Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Utd - (H) Sat 14th October 2006

A tough game this one as Utd deserved more from this game as they dominated large parts of it and had much the better of the chances. Luckily for Forest, Utd's strikers had something of an off day as they passed up chance after chance. Forest made one of their few chances count midway through the first half as David Johnson scored and they held on to grab three points.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 1 v 0 Sheffield Utd

Goals - Forest - Johnson (23)

Sent Off - Robbie Fowler (Sheffield Utd)

Att - 30565

MOTM - Rune Pedersen (Nottingham Forest)

Championship

Ipswich v Nottingham Forest - (A) Tues 17th October 2006

An even game that could have went either as both teams did not deserve to lose. If Sheffield Utd proved wasteful against Forest, it was Forest's turn to pay the price for failing to take their chances. They did have the better of the chances and got off to a great start as Neil Harris, brought in from the reserves due to a striker injury crisis scored after only five minutes. Forest went on and should really have scored at least one more before half time. They never and paid the price as two second half Ipswich goals condemned Forest to defeat. Hepburn was disappointed at his teams failure but knew they would bounce back.

Final Score - Ipswich 2 v 1 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Ipswich - Olisadebe (65), Bowditch (86)

Goals - Forest - Harris (5)

Att - 30188

MOTM - Richard Naylor (Ipswich)

Championship

West Brom v Nottingham Forest - (A) Sat 21st October 2006

Forest produced their best performance of the season so far under Hepburn as they sweeped WBA off the pitch with some brilliant football. The star of the show was big Dion Dublin who has his critics but was immense during this game. He scored both Forest goals, one in each half but was all over the place and WBA could not handle him. It seemed Hepburn was getting the best out of him. He duly picked up his man of the match award and the fans chanted his name as he walked off the pitch.

Final Score - West Brom 0 v 2 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Forest - Dublin (23,pen,90)

Att - 30491

MOTM - Dion Dublin (Nottingham Forest)

Championship

Nottingham Forest v Burnley - (H) Sat 28th October 2006

Next up for Forest was a game against Burnley and Hepburn knew this would be a tough game as Burnley are hard to break down. They struggled for long spells to break down the Burnley defence in the first half and the fans were also becoming more and more frustrated. In the second half the breakthrough finally came when David Johnson scored. They should have added tot he lead but were comfortable and never really in any danger as Burnley sat behind the ball most of the game anyway. A comfortable three points as the push for a play off spot continued.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 1 v 0 Burnley

Goals - Forest - Johnson (61)

Att - 23053

MOTM - Frank Sinclair (Burnley)

Championship

Nottingham Forest v Reading - (H) Tues 31st October 2006

A game of injustice this one if ever there was one. Forest entertained Tony Hall's Reading and should have beaten them easily as they dominated large spells of the match. Reading scored twice with there only shots on goal and Hepburn's men were left ruing missed opportunities yet again. Although the Reading goalkeeper, Peter Enckelman produced some superb saves to deny Forest as well.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 0 v 2 Reading

Goals - Reading - Oster (75), Pericard (81)

Att - 29342

MOTM - Peter Enckelman (Reading)

It has been a very good month for Forest as they continue to climb up the table and put themselves in with a great chance of finishing with a place off spot. With transfers to come in it will be an interesting time at Forest.

efb.jpg

****CLAN ANNOUNCEMENT****

Sorry lads but the tonight is off as something has come up that I have no control over and is just a little important to myself and my family so back to EFB on Thursday,Sorry for the late notice but I just found out myself

Cheers Rob

andybanner2.jpg

The Notts News - The tricky trees are firing!!!!!

Forest have maintained their superb form under manager Andrew Hepburn and it was another month of fantastic football from Forest. They find themselves in the mix for the play offs still as the league is so close just now as all the teams seem pretty evenly matched. Here is the rundown on the latest fixtures from the City Ground..............

Championship

Plymouth v Nottingham Forest - (A) Sat 4th November 2006

Hepburn came up against his bogey team and yet again failed to win. He lost once and drew with this team when he was manager of Southampton and his luck has still not changed against them as Forest manager. Plymouth sat back for most of the game, intent in soaking up pressure and Forest just could not break them down. Although Forest dominated the game in terms of posession they found it so hard to create chances and in the end a point is all the came away with.

Final Score - Plymouth 0 v 0 Nottingham Forest

Att - 16334

MOTM - Paul Reid (Plymouth)

Championship

Nottingham Forest v QPR - (H) Sat 18th November 2006

It was back to winning ways for Forest after two games without a win as they beat QPR at the City Ground. A game that Forest dominated and should have scored a few more goals to add some extra icing on the cake. They created chance after chance throughout and QPR weere hanging on at times. Highly rated youngster Kris Commons put Forest ahead in the first half and an own goal courtsey of Evatt in the second half saw Forest go into a 2-0 lead but really the game should have been over long before that. QPR managed to pull one back with almost the last kick of the ball but it was not enough to prevent Forest from another securing another vital three points.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 2 v 1 QPR

Goals - Forest - Commons (38), Evatt (og,54)

Goals - QPR - Moore (90)

Sent Off - Steve Lomas (QPR)

MOTM - Kris Commons (Nottingham Forest)

Championship

Fulham v Nottingham Forest - (A) Sat 25th November 2006

Without a doubt this was the best performance from Nottingham Forest so far under manager Andrew Hepburn. For once everything just clicked and sorry Fulham had to bear the brunt of it as they chased shadows around the pitch for ninety minutes. Forest created chances and they took most of them much to the delight of Hepburn. Two goals each from Marlon Harewood and Richie Foran and a penalty from Purse did the damage as Fulham did not know what had hit them. There was not one bad performance in the Forest team and Hepburn was hoping for more performances like this for the remainder of the season. Richie Foran capped off a brilliant performance by winning the man of the match award but in truth it could have been any one of the Forest players they were that good today.

Final Score - Fulham 1 v 5 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Fulham - Brown (pen,21)

Goals - Forest - Harewood (14,69), Foran (41,59), Purse (pen,57)

Att - 27210

MOTM - Richie Foran (Nottingham Forest)

A truly superb end to a short month for Forest, playing only three games before the hectic Chirstmas period. They still find themselves in a play off spot but no closer to leaders Norwich who seemingly are running away with this title.

rouchiebanner1.jpg

After a couple of wins in November the confidence is seeping back in to the team and they will look to build on that in December!

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Charltoncharlton_away.png

3rd December 2006

Talk about saving the best until last! A late double from Alvaro Recoba gave Palace the points and the bragging rights in this derby match which sent the unfortunate Addicks home stunned! icon_cool.gif

Palace 2 Charlton 0

Palace Scorers : Recoba (89, 90)

Att : 26486

MOM : Alvaro Recoba – 9 (Crystal Palace)

liverpool_home.pngLiverpool Vs Crystal Palacepalace_home.png

11th December 2006

A close fought battle in which Liverpool could be said to have stolen a victory, Harry Kewells strike in the first half being the only thing that separated these two teams! icon15.gif

Liverpool 1 Palace 0

Liverpool Scorers : Kewell (33)

Att : 44877

MOM : John Arne Riise (Liverpool)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Man CityManCity_away.png

19th December 2006

After the two late strikes against Charlton, Recoba was striking earlier this time, taking only 2 minutes to get on the score sheet! Bradley Wright-Phillips equalised shortly after the start of the second half, but Diego restored the lead with 15 minutes to go and Collins John returned to scoring form in the 89th to secure the win for the Eagles icon_biggrin.gif

Palace 3 Citeh 1

Palace Scorers : Recoba (2) Diego (75) John (89)

Citeh Scorers : Wright-Phillips (47)

Att : 26480

MOM : Tom Soares – 9 (Crystal Palace)

chelsea_home.pngChelsea Vs Crystal Palacepalace_third.png

23rd December 2006

Chelsea outplayed Palace throughout the game and fully deserved the 3-0 win, which if anything, flattered Palace icon_mad.gif

Chelsea 3 Palace 0

Chelsea Scorers : Essien (30) Drogba (65, 71)

Att : 42499

MOM : Michael Essien (Chelsea)

westham_home.pngWest Ham Vs Crystal Palacepalace_third.png

26th December 2006

Paul; Rouch secured the double over his beloved West Ham in this game with Michael Chopra scoring in the first half and Gottwald getting the other in the second making it 6 points from the two fixtures for the Eagles, which had it been any other team would have left Rouch celebrating, but with the Hammers, just left a bitter sweet taste in his mouth icon_confused.gif

West Ham 0 Palace 2

Palace Scorers : Chopra (26) Gottwald (78)

Att : 35569

MOM : Jorges Wagner - 9 (Crystal Palace)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Portsmouthportsmouth_away.png

30th December 2006

A rip roaring game to finish the year with! Palce and Portsmouth were taking no prisoners in this game as both teams seemed to believe the game was there for the taking! Palace were the first to get on the scoresheet when young Billy Jones scored after just 8 minutes, Freddy Guarin doubled the advantage just 5 minutes later, and Collins John made it 3-0 2 minutes after that! But the Palace fans hardly had finished celebrating that goal when Pompey pulled one back through D’Alessandro 1 minute later! Michael Chopra made it 4-1 just before the half hour which is how it remained until the second half when Collins John bagged his brace to make it 5-1. Pompey weren’t done yet though and Beattie pulled what was eventually a consolation goal back on 81 minutes! The fans on both sides cheered the teams off the pitch after a fantastic display of attacking football! icon_smile.gif

Palace 5 Pompey 2

Palace Scorers : Jones (8) Guarin (13) John (15, 56) Chopra (29)

Pompey Scorers : D’Alessandro (16) Beattie (81)

Att : 23997

MOM : Freddy Guarin – 9 (Crystal Palace)

Monthly Awards

Paul Rouch was runner up in the Manager of the Month award, as he steered his team to 7th in the league. Alvaro Recoba was runner up in the player of the monthly award and Collins John was third in the young player of the month award with Tom Soares scooping the top prizes in the same category! All in all a good month for the Palace staff!! icon14.gif

Position

7th

Top Scorer

Collins John - 7

Top rated player

Collins John – 7.38

sandybanner.jpg

Norwich Results .

sheffwed_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

The Norwich manager failed to show for this match as he fell asleep and showed up late just in time for the press conference after the game . In the managers absence Norwich pulled off a 0-0 draw.

Score : Sheff Wed 0 - 0 Norwich

MoM : Steve Adams

wigan_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

Very poor performance from Norwich as they slumped to a 3-0 loss after David Thomson scored Wigans first after just 7 minutes and then David Clarkson doubled their lead after 26 minutes to make it 2-0 with Henri Camara finishing Norwich off in the 53rd minute to make it 3-0.

Score : Wigan 3 - 0 Norwich

MoM : Henri Camara

cardiff_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

A very close encounter between two of the Championships best teams and this game was not one for the neutrals as both teams played a cagey game with Norwich's Sergey Kisliy scoring after 36 minutes and then Shaun Maloney equalizing for Cardiff in the 69th minute to make it 1-1.

Score : Cardiff 1 - 1 Norwich

MoM: Joe Lewis

norwich_home.png Vsderby_away.png

Norwich stormed to victory and scored 5 goals in the process . Sergey Kisliy scored in the 8th minute and then Emre scored in the 33rd minute to make it 2-0 . Rawez Lawan then produced a hatrick by scoring in the 47th 49th and 77th minute .

Score : Norwich 5 - 0 Derby

MoM: Rawez Lawan

norwich_home.png Vsmillwall_away.png

Another good performance from Norwich as Rawez Lawan scored in the 23rd and 42nd minute to make it 2-0 for Norwich adn then David May scored for Milwall to make it 2-1 but Norwich were not finished there when Sergey Kisliy scored in the 83rd minute to make it 3-1.

Score : Norwich 3 - 1 Millwall

preston_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

NO COMMENT

Score : Preston 6 - 1 Norwich

MoM : David Nugent

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

sandybanner.jpg

Norwich Results .

sheffwed_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

The Norwich manager failed to show for this match as he fell asleep and showed up late just in time for the press conference after the game . In the managers absence Norwich pulled off a 0-0 draw.

Score : Sheff Wed 0 - 0 Norwich

MoM : Steve Adams

wigan_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

Very poor performance from Norwich as they slumped to a 3-0 loss after David Thomson scored Wigans first after just 7 minutes and then David Clarkson doubled their lead after 26 minutes to make it 2-0 with Henri Camara finishing Norwich off in the 53rd minute to make it 3-0.

Score : Wigan 3 - 0 Norwich

MoM : Henri Camara

cardiff_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

A very close encounter between two of the Championships best teams and this game was not one for the neutrals as both teams played a cagey game with Norwich's Sergey Kisliy scoring after 36 minutes and then Shaun Maloney equalizing for Cardiff in the 69th minute to make it 1-1.

Score : Cardiff 1 - 1 Norwich

MoM: Joe Lewis

norwich_home.png Vsderby_away.png

Norwich stormed to victory and scored 5 goals in the process . Sergey Kisliy scored in the 8th minute and then Emre scored in the 33rd minute to make it 2-0 . Rawez Lawan then produced a hatrick by scoring in the 47th 49th and 77th minute .

Score : Norwich 5 - 0 Derby

norwich_home.png Vsmillwall_away.png

Another good performance from Norwich as Rawez Lawan scored in the 23rd and 42nd minute to make it 2-0 for Norwich adn then David May scored for Milwall to make it 2-1 but Norwich were not finished there when Sergey Kisliy scored in the 83rd minute to make it 3-1.

Score : Norwich 3 - 1 Millwall

preston_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

NO COMMENT

Score : Preston 6 - 1 Norwich

MoM : David Nugent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedStar101:

hmm I believe Preston scored more goals against Norwich then they did over the two play off matches against Reading </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and? You still lost at the end of the day and your defeat was more important than Sandy's!! icon_razz.gif

robbanner1.jpg

transfers.png

OUT

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Marcin Smolinski joined Hearts 375k

Stefan Moore joined West Ham 350k

Marcin Klatt joined Roda JC 250k

Cristian Antonio Agnelli joined St Gallen 100k </pre>

IN

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Kevin McNaughton from Aberdeen 5k

Shaun Maloney from Celtic 1.3m over 24months </pre>

championship.gif

Walkers Stadium, Leicester

673.png Vs625.png

Leicester City 4 Cardiff City 3

Fanfan got Cardiff off to a fantastic start scoring after only 1min Berggren would get Leicester back into in on 31mins and then Kelly would add a 2nd for Cardiff on half time, with things looking good for Cardiff Vlcek would come on for Roberts at halftime, he would be at fault for Leicesters next goal he pulled down Berggren in the area and he steps up and makes it 2-2 from the spot, Fryatt would make it 3-2 to the home side on 76mins and Hammond made it 4-2 on 78mins Vlcek would score nothing more than a consilation goal on 94mins

Attendance 29134

MOM Elvis Hammond 9

Ninian Park, Cardiff

625.png Vs677.png

Cardiff City 2 Luton Town 0

Cardiff seemed to have the advantage of most of the play in the first half but couldnt create the goals needed to give them the lead, 55mins gone and Ben Wright puts Cardiff up 1-0 from 25yards out, Zizi Roberts back in the starting line up after recovering from flu would make it 2-0 on 79mins and thats how this one would end

Attendance 14014

MOM Johannes Djourou 8

Facup.jpg

4th Round

Elland Road, Leeds

671.png Vs625.png

Leeds United 2 Cardiff City 0

With manager David Williams away Leeds would go into this one with there assistant in charge, Daves where abouts is unknown at this time many say hes on a scouting mission in some foreign land, David Healy would give the home fans something to cheer on 46mins when he put Leeds up 1-0, Robbie Blake would make it 2-0 on 68mins and end Cardiff's Fa Cup run for this season

Attendance 36374

MOM Neil Sullivan 8

championship.gif

Ninian Park, Cardiff

625.png Vs691.png

Cardiff City 1 Norwich City 1

Kisily would give the visitors the lead on 35mins and it would stay that way till new signing Shaun Maloney would score his first goal since his move to Cardiff on 70mins, Sandy's team performed much better in this one since the last time they met

Attendance 17641

MOM Joe Lewis 8

The New Den, London

686.png Vs625.png

Millwall 0 Cardiff City 2

Cardiff's up and down season takes a turn on the upside in this one Maloney got Cardiff the lead on 43mins and Masini scored the final goal of the game on 51mins

Attendance 7038

MOM Fanfan 9

Hillsbrough, Sheffield 709.png Vs625.png

Sheffield Wednesday 1 Cardiff City 4

Cardiff came out firing on all cylinders in this one taking the lead on 6mins before Maloney would scored 2 more quick goals on 18 and 22mins Bergvold would make it 4-0 on 47mins and right at the death Tudgay would make it 4-1 on 92mins, Cardiff seem to be fighting hard for that 2nd promotion spot, They wont catch Norwich but look like challenging for the 2nd spot for sure

Attendance 22860

MOM Joe Keenan 9

JJB Stadium, Wigan

737.png Vs625.png

Wigan Athletic 2 Cardiff City 0

Cardiff came to the JJB with 6 first team players out and it showed in the quaility of the football being played Camara would get the first for Wigan on 12mins before Jason Roberts would add the second and final goal of the afternoon on 52mins, lets hope most of the players will be back so Cardiff can continue the push towards the premiership

Attendance 23251

MOM Mike Pollitt 9

Stay tuned for more from Ninian Park as Cardiff push for promotion to the Premiership TWEET TWEET!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedStar101:

hmm I believe Preston scored more goals against Norwich then they did over the two play off matches against Reading </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and? You still lost at the end of the day and your defeat was more important than Sandy's!! icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*warms up voice for a song*

"Tell all the Reading fans you know , Norwich are top and their no!"

rouchiebanner1.jpg

With Palace sitting 7th in the league, thoughts are starting to turn away from survival and toward achieving a mid table respectable position or even (don’t hold your breath) a European spot!!

birmingham_home.pngBirminghamVs Crystal Palacepalace_away.png

1st January 2007

Happy New Year!! While some are recovering from new years eve hangovers, Paul Rouch and his merry band of Eagles face a trip to the Blues in Birmingham! The Palace fans were still pinching themselves after the Christmas games left them seating 7th in the league after all the pundits (and even one EFB Manager, Tony! icon15.gif ) predicted an immediate relegation for the sarf lunden boys! Palaces fine form continued when Diego struck the opener after on 6 minutes. Despite Palaces continued dominance it was an open affair and Gabor Kiraly had to perform a number of incredible saves to maintain the deserved advantage! Kiraly picked up the man of the match accolade for his performance between the sticks. Andy Johnson finally found himself alive and back among the scoring when he sealed the win with a 90th minute goal icon_biggrin.gif

Brum 0 Palace 2

Palace Scorers : Diego (6) Johnson (90)

Att : 29084

MOM : Gabor Kiraly – 10 (Crystal Palace)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Sunderlandsunderland_home.png

6th January 2007 – FA Cup 3rd Round

A visit from the Geordies of Sunderland in the FA cup was next on the agenda at Selhurst Park. Palace set the tone early on, taking the game to the visitors, the only surprise was that it took over half an hour to get their deserved reward! Freddy Guarin netted the first goal on 33 minutes. Andy Johnson, buoyed by his goal against his former club in the last game chipped in with another in this game, has he refound his scoring touch that was so important in getting Palace promotion last season? We can only hope so!! Collins John made it 3-0 after the break only for Olarra to pull one back and give the black cats some hope of a resurgence. Emmerson Boyce’s Man of the Match performance at the heart of the defence ensured that Palace retained the lead wewre in the gat for the 4th round icon14.gif

Palace 3 Sunderland 1

Palace Scorers : Guarin (33) Johnson (39) John (48)

Sunderland Scorers : Olarra (70)

Att : 9357

MOM : Emmerson Boyce – 8 (Crystal Palace)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Sunderlandsunderland_home.png

14th January 2007

So immediately after knocking Sunderland out of the FA Cup the 2 sides meet in the league! Unfortunately it was more of the same for the Sunderland fans, watching their side slump to another defeat against the Londoners! Johnson really had found his scoring boots and seems to have shaken his recent slump in form off completely now sealing his man of the match performance with a fine hatrick punctuated only by an Alvaro Recoba penalty! Palace ran out easy 4-0 winners and took all three points gratefully icon_smile.gif

Palace 4 Sunderland 0

Palace Scorers : Johnson (2, 23, 40) Recoba (Pen 12)

Att : 24408

MOM : Andy Johnson – 10 (Crystal Palace)

arsenal_home.pngArsenal Vs Crystal Palacepalace_away.png

20th January 2007

After such a fine run of form from Palace, not every one was sure that Arsenal would find it an easy task extracting the points from this game but unfortunately it was easier than it should have been in this derby game. Arsenal were never troubled and looked comfortable throughout, Thierry Henry putting the North Londoners ahead and Gael Clichy sealing the game 1 minute into the second half icon_frown.gif

Arsenal 2 Palace 0

Arsenal Scorers : Henry (36) Clichy (46)

Att : 59968

MOM : Gael Clichy (Arsenal)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Birminghambirmingham_away.png

27th January 2007 – FA Cup 4th Round

Another game against the blues of Birmingham, this time in the FA Cup. Chris Sutton put the Brum boys ahead and it took another 30 minutes for Palace to finally equalise through Collins John which is how the game remained until the end forcing a replay at ST Andrews to see who progreese to the 5th round! icon15.gif

Palace 1 Birmingham 1

Palace Scorers : John (54)

Birmingham Scorers : Sutton (24)

Att : 20095

MOM : Chris Sutton (Birmingham)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Wolvesbirmingham_away.png

31st January 2007

The gold and black of Wolves were the next to visit Selhurst park, and Palace rediscovered their form, with Geremi putting the eagles ahead after 10 minutes and Collins John finishing strong to earn himself a brace of goals, scoring in the 80th and 88th minute, and picking up the man of the match award in the process! icon_cool.gif

Palace 3 Wolves 0

Palace Scorers : Geremi (10) John (80, 88)

Att : 23131

MOM : Collins John (Crystal Palace)

Monthly Awards

Collins John won the young player of the month award for the second time this season and Andy Johnson made an appearance in the goal of the month awards fro his curling shot that beat the Sunderland keeper mid way through the month icon14.gif

Position

6th

Top Scorer

Collins John - 11

Top rated player

Collins John – 7.40

steffbanner.jpg

Blades continue to under perform - rumours Steff Browning will be sacked if results don't improve!

Our terrible run of form has continued and I don't think it will be long before the boys up in the boardroom decided they have had enough of this rubbish and get rid of me once and for all /o\

Here is a brief look at our recent run of results.

Tuesday 12th December 2006: Stoke v Sheff Utd : Coca-Cola Championship : 4-0 win

Things looked like they may be finally going right for us finally!

It didn't take long for the goals to start flowing as Clinton Morrison fired us into a second minute lead, Morrison was on target again as he doubled the advantage in the 31st minute, Andy O'Brien made it 3-0 in the 38th minute before loan signing Enzo Scorza completed the rout in the 57th minute with a low placed shot at the Stoke keepers right hand post.

Saturday 16th December 2006 : Huddersfield v Sheff Utd : Coca-Cola Championship : 2-0 win

Robbie Fowler sent the rusty blades on their way in this one in the 24th minute \o/ Huddersfiled managed to push as make into our own half for the remainder of the first half as they pressed for the equaliser but my players managed to up their game in the second half an it was no surprise when Fowler grabbed his second goal of the game in the 56th minute, the outcome of the match was all but confirmed in the 61st minute when Issac Osbourne was sent off for the home side after a cynical foul on Clinton Morrision in the 61st minute.

OMG 2 wins in a row icon_eek.gif

Saturday 23rd December 2006: Sheff Utd v Coventry : Coca-Cola Championship : 2-0 win

Things started going our way early in this match as Clinton Morrision fired us into an 8th minute lead, after the goal Coventry started to pile the pressue on and we found ourselves very lucky to go in at the break with our lead intact.

The second half was a far more open affair as both teams began to find space, neither team was unable to take advantage of their chances though until the very last minute of the game when Clinton Morrision secured Sheff Utd's third win on the trot \o/

Tuesday 26th December 2006: Watford v Sheff Utd : Coca-Cola Championship : 2-1 loss

I guess you could say this is where things started to go badly wrong for us (that or the day the board appointed me).

Clinton Morrison gave us the lead in the 38th minute and it looked like we would be taking our lead in at half time with us before Krisztian Kenesei pounced right on the stroke of half time to level the match.

That bitch Kenesei struck again in the 53rd minute scoring the goal that would ultimatly seal the game, and to think i sold him at the start of the season for a little over a fiver icon_frown.gif

Saturday 30th December 2006 : Sheff Utd v Wigan : Coca-Cola Championship : 1-0 loss

Pretty crappy match this one, nothing much went on exepct for Limberg Guiterrez scoring the only goal of the game for Wigan in the 14th minute.

Monday 1st January 2007 : Sheff Utd Ipswich : Coca-Cola Championship : 2-1 win

Happy new year Sheff Utd! and what better way to start the new year that with 3 points?

Things didn't look very bright for us for a long time in this one though, after being up against it for the entire first half we were exceptionally lucky to go in at half time having no conceeded at least once, things went from bad to worse in the second half as Dean Bowditch gave Ipswich a 57th minute lead. Super sub Steven Kabba pulled us level in the 78th minute, Ipswich looked to have secured a point even when Matt Richards was sent off with four minutes remaining but they hadn't counted on Kabba and he rattled the ball him in the second minute of added on time to complete a smash and grab job for the blades \o/

Sunday 7th January 2007 : Nottm Forest v Sheff Utd : Coca-Cola Championship : 2-0 loss

Another utter inept peformance here and this was shown in the fact that we allowed Dion Dublin to score in the 14th minute!

I mean come on, what sort of useless defence lets this abomination of a football player to walk right through them and practically walk the ball into the net!

Forest had most of the first half as they attempted to build on Dublin's 14th minute opener :\

With the game still poised at 1-0 late in the second half there was always the chance we could find a way back into the match, this was until David Johnson gave Forest the second goal that their play deserved in the 74th minute and killed off what little fight was left in my players.

Saturday 13th January 2007 : Reading v Sheff Utd : Coca-Cola Championship : 2-2 draw

With Reading manager Tony Hall called away on important family business the day before this game it was left up to his assistant kevin Dillon to charge of team and he done his boss proud with this good peformance from their lads and Reading were very unlucky to come away from with match with only a draw.

Reading took an early lead through John Oster in the 6th minute, Alan Quinn pulled Sheff Utd level in the 27th minute totally against the run of play, there were further shocks in store for Reading as Steven Kabba gave Sheff Utd a shock lead in the 34th minute that their play didn't merit. Reading then set up camp at the edge of the Sheff Utd 18 yard box and laid seige to their goalmouth, sadly for Dillon his side could only find the net once more in the match through Dave Kitson in the 77th minute.

Sunday 21st January 2007 : Sheff Utd v West Brom : Coca-Cola Championship: 2-1 loss

Yeah West brom don't beleive in messing about do they?

One minute into this game and they were one up through Darren Carter.

Carter was on hand to covert a penalty for his side in the 22nd minute to give them a 2-0 lead and things were looking grim for Sheff Utd, Steven Kabba offered hope the home support in the 32nd minute as he pulled one back, We had a great chance to level a mere three minutes later but Garry Flitcroft blasted his penalty kick wide of the left hand post. Neither side could take advantage of the rest of the chances that came their way and when Cliton Morrison was sent off in the 76th minute Sheff Utd lost most of their attacking threat.

Tuesday 30th January 2007 : Sheff Utd v Plymouth : Coca-Cola Championship : 1-1

Most of the action in this one came inside the first 15minutes of play.

Robbie Fowler gave us the lead in the 10th minute and Paul Reid pulled the visitors level in the 13th minute....one word sums up the rest of this game......crapfest icon13.gif

Saturday 3rd February 2007 : Q.P.R v Sheff Utd : Coca-Cola Championship : 3-3 draw

Got off to a really bad start in this one as Sylvan Ebanks-Blake gave QPR the lead inside the first ten minutes, their lead was short lived though as Paul Ifill pulled us right back into the game in the 13th minute. Kevin Gallen then went on two score two goals (36min and 43mins pen) to give QPR a 3-1 lead, Alan Quinn converted a spot kick right on the stroke of half time to leave the score at the break at 3-2.

The games third penalty game in the 63rd minute which Robbie Fowler cooly slotted home to give Sheff Utd a share of the points.

Saturday 10th February 2007 : Burnley v Sheff Utd : Coca-Cola Championship : 2-0 win

An early goal Robbie Fowler settled the nerves in this one in the 4th minute \o/.

Both teams had chances in what remained of the first half but couldn't take them.

Alan Quinn grabbed the second goal for us in the 65th minute and after this we were able to close out the match without too much threat from Burnley.

Tuesday 13th February 2007 : Sheff Utd v Fulham : Coca-Cola Championship : 2-0 win

After a tense first half in which both teams had great chances to score goals the sides emerged for the second half with both sets of fans hoping for more of the same, the breakthrough for Sheff Utd came from an unlikely source five minutes after the restart as central defender Calum Davenport climbed above his opposite number to head home from 8 yards. More tension followed for the rest of the match until Clinton Morrison put the result beyond doubt with an 88th minute strike.

stevebanner.jpg

Le Pool!

Well it has been a fun life with Le Pool so far with the difficulties of signing players and us having reasonable results in the league. I know we cant expect to win every game and we're going to have to be happy with making sure we avoid relegation, but it would just be so nice to have a little bit now and again!

Anyway, lets see how the lads got on!

Cola.gifFulham at Craven Cottage

Well both sides had good chances to score in this game and it could have gone either way, but both were just as bad infront of goal as each other in a game that should have seen goals!

Final Score : Fulham 0 - 0 Le Pool

Scorers :

MotM : Malbranque (Fulham)

Attendance : 23899

Cola.gifLeeds (Dave) at Victoria Park

Well this game was pretty much one way traffic for Le Pool but we just couldn't put that round thing into the back of the net where it should have been multiple times. Dave was away for the match but i'm sure if he see's the highlights, he know's how lucky his team were to get a draw! (more jam than hartley I tell ya!) At least we got the man of the match which was McNamara our 30k signing from Premiership side Wolves.

Final Score : Le Pool 0 - 0 Leeds

Scorers :

MotM : McNamara (Le Pool)

Attendance : 7599

FA Cup : Everton at Goodison Park

We put up a good fight in the first half, well our reserves did as we need our first team players who arnt injured for the league! But in the second half it went downhill with first an own goal by centre back Nelson before the magic came from the Argentine Maxi Lopes you piledrived a 20 yard and 30 yard shot into the back of the net! Not bad for their newly captured 4.8 million signing from Barcelona!

Final Score : Everton 3 - 0 Le Pool

Scorers : Nelson og, Maxi Lopes (2)

MotM : Maxi Lopes (Everton)

Attendance : 20757

Cola.gifLeicester at Victoria Park

Dear oh Dear! I don't know what it is with us playing teams below us in the league but we seem to do bad against them no matter how good we play. In complete domination over Leicester, they somehow snatched a win late in the game with a penalty! Lucky little ********. Ah well, we will live on! The biggest highlight of the game was 8k signing Brunt, he scored the opening goal and in a space of five minutes got two yellows and got sent off, what a hero to zero!

Final Score : Le Pool 1 - 2 Leicester

Scorers : Brunt (Hammond, Berrgen)

MotM : Hamill (Leicester)

Attendance : 7610

Cola.gifLuton at Kenilworth Road

The most dramatic match we have yet to be involved in! What a game it was, well the last ten minutes anyway! Luton were cruising this game after some good spells and got themselves three goals, we couldnt hit a barn door again, I had completely lost faith in my strikers as they keep performing to badly infront of goal! But a tactical change was brought in cos I had nothing to lose......then the last ten minutes turned into a goal frenzy for us!

Mellor opened the scoring with ten mintues to go followed by Jerome who put one in a couple of minutes later, then Butler followed suit in the come back of comebacks to level the scores, Jerome then went absolutely crazy and put two more goals past the Luton keeper and earn himself them match ball with a fantastic hattrick! What a game!

Final Score : Luton 3 - 5 Le Pool

Scorers : (Howard, Nicholls, Broadfoot) Mellor, Jerome (3), Butler

MotM : Jerome (Le Pool)

Attendance : 10204

Cola.gifForest (Andy) at The City Ground

A big crowd turned up for this game between two promoted sides from last year and both have seen a lot of new players enter the clubs. But it ended up being a very even game which either side could have snatched right near the end with them having some very good chances! A deserved draw although I'm sure Andy would have preferred three points for his promotion push!

Final Score : Forest 1 - 1 Le Pool

Scorers : (Candessa), Jerome

MotM : Fojut (Le Pool)

Attendance : 23585

Cola.gifSheff Wed at Victoria Park

We're normally very good at home so I don't really know what happened in this game apart from that we didnt finish very wel land Sheff Wed got very luck with the small chances that they got! But as the story has been going, teams below us get results no matter how well we play! I hope they get relegated!!!!

Final Score : Le Pool 1 - 3 Sheff Wed

Scorers : Jerome, (Unsworth, Graham, Grabban)

MotM : Clark (Sheff Wed)

Attendance : 7616

So a mixed bit of fortunes for Le Pool and we're certainly going to try and improve things for next season. As we have such a limited budget it will be hard to bring in players, especially the right players!

But we have made some signings which will be revealed soon! Plenty of young talent is coming across from Italy! We can reveal that we have signed Shefki Kuqi from Blackburn on a Free Transfer, a bargain in my eyes as he should be able to do very well in the championship next season!

That's all for now! Keep tuned to Le Pool!

Club Notice It has been revealed that manager Gold will not be available for the forth coming fixtures, it was revealed that Gold is going on a scouting mission to Germany to find some hidden gems!)

andybanner2.jpg

The Notts News - Forest are still in there fighting!!!!

The month of December was an up and down month, with the team experiencing all sorts of highs and lows but yet they still remain with the pack, leading the charge for the play offs. They sit in 7th position but a mere point behind sixth place. Hepburn is pleased his side are still in their fighting for every point possible as he chases the impossible of two successive promotions with different teams. With the transfer window all but upon us Hepburn has the chance to bring in a couple of fresh faces to help with their play off charge. Here is a run down of the latest games from the City Ground......................

Championship

Nottingham Forest v Leeds - (H) Sat 2nd December 2006

A tough start to the month for Forest as they entertained Dave Williams' Leeds Utd side. It was a tough game for Forest as Leeds dominated proceedings right from the start and went ahead early through Phillips. They continued to dominate and Forest just could not get into the game at all. A rollicking at half time for the players from Hepburn and they came out second half a different team. They fought their way back into the game with a Kilgallon own goal. It was anyone's game at that point and both teams had chances but it was Forest who scored in injury time through Harewood to give them the three points. It was tough on Leeds as they deserved at least a point from the game but lady luck was just not smiling on them today.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 2 v 1 Leeds

Goals - Forest - Kilgallon (og,63), Harewood (90)

Goals - Leeds - Phillips (7)

Att - 30584

MOTM - Marlon Harewood (Nottingham Forest)

Championship

Wigan v Nottingham Forest - (A) Sat 9th December 2006

Wigan were on an impressive run as of late after a very poor start to the season and Forest could not stop them maintaining that excellent run of form. Forest were dominated from the first whistle to the last whistle almost, as Forest never got into this game. There was a period in the second half when Forest were on top but they could not get back into the game. A goal in each half from Wigan was enough to get the three points. Forest were disappointing but Wigan showed they were a team on form and real contenders to go straight back to the Premiership.

Final Score - Wigan 2 v 0 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Wigan - Mahon (11), Teale 74)

Att - 25102

MOTM - Alan Mahon (Wigan)

Championship

Leicester v Nottingham Forest - (A) Tues 12th December 2006

It was another tough game for Forest as they travelled to Leicester intent on getting three points to get them back to winning ways after the defeat at Wigan. Forest were on top for most of this match and the scoreline did not reflect the balance of play. Forest are crying out for a striker who can start to score the chances the team creates. I am sure that will be a priority for Hepburn as he saw his side pass up chance after chance to make this a more convincing win. David Johnson scored before half time but Leicester equalised right on half time completely against the run of play. Kris Commons restored Forest's lead but they should have went on to win this game emphatically but chances were missed and fortunately they were not made to pay for them.

Final Score - Leicester 1 v 2 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Leicester - Berggren (45)

Goals - Forest - Johnson (34), Commons (61)

Att - 32496

MOTM - Darren Purse (Nottingham Forest)

Championship

Luton v Nottingham Forest - (A) Sat 16th December 2006

This was a game of two halves or a Jeykll and Hyde show from Forest. The first they were terrible as they went two down going on ten in the first half hour or so. After a real rollicking from Hepburn they came out in the second half and bombarded the Luton goal, desperately trying to get back into the game but could only manage to pull one goal back right on full time as Luton held firm. Hepburn was left fuming at his team and rumours were rife he got them back in that night for extra training as punishment for such a dismal performance.

Final Score - Luton 2 v 1 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Luton - Morgan (4), Miller (22)

Goals - Forest - Johnson (90)

Att - 9587

MOTM - Kirk Broadfoot (Luton)

Championship

Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday - (H) Sat 23rd December 2006

Hepburn walked off the pitch in disbelief after Forest had suffered their second defeat in a row at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday. Darren Ward in the Owls goal made sure of that as he played the match of his life almost and walked away with the man of the match award. Forest went ahead in the second half through Neil Harris but were immediately pegged back when the Owls went up the pitch and scored an equaliser. The Owls then went on to snatch another goal and Hepburn could only look on in disbelief. Forest tried in vain to get back level but Ward proved to be just too good on the day for Forest.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 1 v 2 Sheffield Wednesday

Goals - Forest - Harris (51)

Goals - Sheffield Wednesday - Graham (53), Tudgay (68)

Att - 30572

[b}MOTM[/b] - Darren Ward (Sheffield Wednesday)

Championship

Norwich v Nottingham Forest - (A) Tues 26th December 2006

Next up for Forest was an away trip to Carrow Road to face Sandy Pettigrew's Norwich. Now in the season of goodwill the Forest goalkeeper decided to be Santa Claus for the day and present Norwich with three goals in what can only be described as thee worst goalkeeping performance ever. Hepburn just had his head in his hands as he watched on from the dugout. The goals came in the space of nine minutes and the game was over as a contest..... Not so as in the second half Forest staged a remarkable comeback from 3-0 down with goals from Purse, Harris and Tyson and suddenly Hepburn was jumping around the technical area like a complete lunatic. Then they suffered heartbreak right at the end as a Barry Robson free kick bulleted into the top right hand corner of the net with only two minutes to go and sealed the three points for Pettigrew's Norwich.

Final Score - Norwich 4 v 3 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Norwich - Ogbeche (31), Kuqi (32,39), Robson (88)

Goals - Forest - Purse (pen,50), Harris (63), Tyson (81)

Att - 25997

MOTM - Njazi Kuqi (Norwich)

Championship

Nottingham Forest v Millwall - (H) Sat 30th December 2006{/B]

A great end to the year for Forest as the took on Millwall at the City Ground and tore them apart with a superb display. Marlon Harewood, in his last appearance for Forest before he returns to West Ham (bastards rejected my renewal of his loan!!!) was the star of the show as he grabbed a double to give the Forest fans something to remember him by. Tyson who was also playing his last game in a Forest shirt scored the third to seal a super performance from Forest.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 3 v 0 Millwall

Goals - Forest - Harewood (3,23), Tyson (90)

Att - 21701

MOTM - Marlon Harewood (Nottingham Forest)

So a fantasic end to what has been a tough month for Forest as they suffered three defeats on the trot but they still remain in the play off hunt and I think that race will go on till the end of the season. It's transfer window time and Hepburn looks to have a busy month ahead of him as he searches for new signings to boost his team's chances of getting a play off spot at the very least.

sandybanner.jpg

sky2.jpg

Norwich have captured the services of Scotlands number 1 goalkeeper Craig Gordon and Thomas Guzman from Juventus on pre-contracts who will join Norwich on July the 1st and hopefully lead the line in Norwich's premiership challenge. Pettigrew also came out in the press and said that the board will most likely not be releasing any funds if Norwich do indeed get to the premiership as they just cannot afford it but any players that get sold the money from their will be free to Pettigrew . In more transfer news Manchester United and Liverpool seem set to fight it our between themselves for Norwich superstar Sergey Kisliy with Pettigrew asking 12 million for the young Belarusian player , Man Utd do not seem to be put off by this price but it could be out of Liverpool's range . Pettigrew has also targeted former Hibs striker Derek riorden as a possible replacement for Kisliy if he does indeed leave the club.

Norwich Results .

norwich_home.png Vshartlepool_away.png

Steve Gold's Hartlepool came to Norwich with high hopes of another upset after their last game where Hartlepool won 3-1 . Hartlepool got off to a great start as former Cardiff player and Norwich target scored after just 5 minutes to put Le Pool 1-0 up. Norwich then had a few chances but could just not score and then Sergey Kisliy scored after 37 minutes to make it 1-1 and that is how the game ended .

Score : Norwich 1 - 1 Hartlepool

MoM: Bezaglou Emre

stoke_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

Norwich started this game fantastically with Sergey Kisliy scoring in the 5th and 8th minute to put Norwich 2-0 up . Kisliy then set up Rawez Lawan in the 20th minute to score and make it 3-0 . Lawan returned the favour and put Kisliy through in the 43rd minute to make it 4-0 for Norwich and a hatrick for Kisliy.

Score : Stoke 0 - 4 Norwich

MoM : Sergey Kisliy

norwich_home.png Vshuddersfield_away.png

This was a very poor game with both teams rarely having a chance . Norwich went close just before half time with a shot from Kisliy pushed past the post and then Emre hitting a shot wide which he should of scored. Norwich kept pressing int he second half and their persistance won them the game when Rawez Lawan scored in the 85th minute to put Norwich 1-0 and win them the game and put them 3 points closer to the league championship.

Score: Norwich 1 - 0 Huddersfield

MoM: Paul Rachubka

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

Andy am i right in thinking you said last night that you wouldnt make Thursdays session ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is correct. I will be out on the shot drinking large amounts of alcohol, shouting abuse at random people causing general mayhem. icon_cool.gif

If you finish the season without me I iwll not be a happy bunny so no funny ideas while I am gone!!! icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rouchie:

How about a late one tonight so we can finish the season then?? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye right you'll be in bed by twelve as usual old man so you would miss it anyway!! icon_razz.gif

We're in March so there is no way you would finish the season in four hours judging by how slow some people are at playing our beloved game!! icon_wink.gif

Unless you want to stay up to god knows what hour but I know you lot won't!! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rouchie:

How about a late one tonight so we can finish the season then?? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye right you'll be in bed by twelve as usual old man so you would miss it anyway!! icon_razz.gif

We're in March so there is no way you would finish the season in four hours judging by how slow some people are at playing our beloved game!! icon_wink.gif

Unless you want to stay up to god knows what hour but I know you lot won't!! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Season could get finished because you and Goldy are not here so we will be moving faster . icon_smile.gif only 9 games and it has been done before !

Unless you want to stay up to god knows what hour but I know you lot won't!! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheeky fecker! Determined to do it now!! icon_razz.gif

robbanner1.jpg

championship.gif

Ninian Park Cardiff

625.png Vs645.png

Cardiff City 2 Derby County 0

Cardiff trying to secure 2nd spot and automatic promotion to the premiership did themselves no harm with this 2-0 win over Derby Zizi Roberts scored both his first came after 11mins and the second on 62mins

Attendance 19825

MOM Zizi Roberts 8

Deepdale Preston

700.png Vs625.png

Preston North End 2 Cardiff City 0

Cardiffs promotion hopes took a dent as Preston won a great battle in this one Whelan opened for the home side after only 5mins from the penalty spot when Ediebe brought down Nugent, It was then Nugent on 62mins who got the killer blow to secure the 3 points for Preston

Attendance 19912

MOM Michael Duberry 9

transfers.png

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Mirko Hrgovic who hadnt settled very well in english football has left the club to join Helsingborg for 1.8m </pre>

Ninian Park Cardiff

625.png Vs661.png

Cardiff City 3 Hartlepool 0

With Mr Gold away on a scouting trip to germany his side didnt look very sharp and in previous games, Kelly opened the scoring right on half time before Fanfan 56 and Korzym the polish wonderkid scored the final goal on 73mins, Im sure after that loss the Hartlepool chairman will be hoping Mr Gold makes it back soon

Attendance 13888

MOM Jose-Karl Pierre-Fanfan 9

Britannia Stadium Stoke on Trent

721.png Vs625.png

Stoke City 2 Cardiff City 1

Lewis Guy shouldnt be playing in the Championship on the form he has at the moment he would score on 32mins to give Stoke the lead and again on 54mins, Maloney would get one back for Cardiff but it wasnt enough Leon Best would add a 3rd for Stoke and put pressure on Cardiffs push for Premiership status

Attendance 25958

MOM Lewis Guy 8

Ninian Park Cardiff

625.png Vs664.png

Cardiff City 3 Huddersfield 1

Park Joo Young opened the scoring for Cardiff with just 1 minute played, Mirfin would then add to Cardiffs tally and Huddersfields woes with an own goal on 10mins, Osbourne would give Cardiff a scare on 45mins when he would score from the penalty spot but they didnt build on that in the 2nd half and it was Maloney who would scored on 69mins and earn Cardiff 3 well earned points

Attendance 14187

MOM Kelly 8

The Ricoh Arena Coventry

639.png Vs625.png

Coventry City 2 Cardiff City 2

Hulse made it 1-0 to Coventry on 3mins, Kelly made it 1-1 from the spot on 25mins Lyons would then give the lead back to Coventry on 49mins before Korzym would pull Cardiff back on 84mins for the point

Attendance 18508

MOM John Tuffey 8

Ninian Park Cardiff

625.png Vs732.png

Cardiff City 2 Watford 2

Park Joo Young opened the scoring after only 2mins, then Watford took over DeMerit made it 1-1 on 13mins before Marlon King would put the visitors up 2-1 on 31mins, It stayed that way till late on when up popped Korzym on 81mins to earn Cardiff a point

Attendance 14332

MOM Jay DeMerit 8

Bramall Lane Sheffield

708.png Vs625.png

Sheffield United 4 Cardiff City 4

This was a game not for the faint hearted, end to end stuff and 8 goals Korzym would give Cardiff the lead on 2mins before Robbie Fowler made it 1-1 on 10mins, Maloney made it 2-1 to the visitors and Kelly made it 3-1, he then added a 2nd on 56mins and Cardiff looked to be cruising but Sheff Utd didnt give up, Morrison would add a sheffield 2nd on the hr before Flitcroft 80 and Gonzalez on 88mins secured a well earned point for Sheff Utd

Attendance 22892

MOM Kelly 8

transfers.png

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Kasper Schmiechel has left West Ham to join Cardiff on loan for 3months </pre>

Ninian Park Cardiff

625.png Vs667.png

Cardiff City 3 Ipswich Town 0

Kelly got Cardiff off to the start they wanted on 15mins Korzym made it 2-0 on 55mins before Park Joo Young killed Ipswich off with a 89min pen

Attendance 18979

MOM Park Joo Young 9

Madjeski Stadium Reading

702.png Vs625.png

Reading 2 Cardiff City 3

Cardiff travel to Reading looking for 3points as this would help the promotion push Oster would give Reading the lead on 38mins Gyepes would make it 1-1 on 43mins, Park Joo Young made it 2-1 on 43mins then it was Korzym the polish wonderkid who would make it 3-1 on 70mins Kitson would score a consilation on 88mins for the home side and Tony must be furious at the way his team just didnt attack enough until late on

Attendance 22223

MOM Stephen Wright 8

Ninian Park Cardiff

625.png Vs734.png

Cardiff City 2 West Brom 1

With second place taken by Wigan Cardiff needed a win here to secure top 4 Park Joo Young would give them the lead after only 3mins then Korzym made it 2-0 on 18mins and they looked to be cruising and likely to score more but at halftime will results going his way Perry took off the young pairing of Korzym and Young to save fitness and it was Wallwork who would score on 48mins but couldnt get anymore from Cardiff as they closed down every attack

Attendance 21972

MOM Kelly 8

Turf Moor Burnley

622.png Vs625.png

Burnley 3 Cardiff City 3

With Burnley already relegated and Cardiff securing 4th spot this was a nothing game but both sides came out firing Burnley would take the lead on 4mins through Robbie Winters,Bergvold would get Cardiff back into it on 11mins, then Winters would again give Burnley the lead on 28mins Park Joo Young who came on on 35mins wouldnt take long to make his mark in this one 37mins 2-2 Noel Williams made it 3-2 to the home side before loan signing Andy Welsh tied it on 89mins

Attendance 10225

MOM Robbie Winters 9

***PLAY OFF SEMI FIRST LEG***

The City Ground Nottingham

692.png Vs625.png

Nottm Forest 0 Cardiff City 5

This is for all the marbles Cardiff where the team who looked up for this one Roberts opening the scoring on 4mins, then Korzym made it 2-0 on 28mins, Andy must of wished his scouting trip had been cancelled his assistant just couldnt cope with Cardiffs attack, Roberts would make it 3-0 on 55mins Korzym would then put this one beyond doubt on 61mins but just to add insult to injury Park Joo Young would make it 5-0 on 68mins

Attendance 30590

MOM Zizi Roberts 10

***PLAY OFF SEMI SECOND LEG***

Ninian Park Cardiff

625.png Vs692.png

Cardiff City 5 Nottm Forest 0

Park Joo Young opened the scoring in this one on 4mins and this one is dead already Roberts would then add another after only 7mins Korzym would make it 3-0 after only 8mins and Wallace added the 4th with only 10mins on the clock Nottm Forest mustve wondered what hit them Joo Young would score again on 90mins but not before Purse would be sent off on 66mins and Cardiff are off to Wembley for a place in the final vs Preston

Attendance 21978

MOM Park Joo Young 9

***PLAY OFF FINAL***

Wembley Stadium London

700.png Vs625.png

Preston North End 1 Cardiff City 2

Play off finals are always a tense affair and this one is no different, Cardiff have struggled in the league vs Preston, Roberts put Cardiff ahead on 16mins, Park Joo Young would send the Cardiff fans crazy when he scored on 69mins to give Cardiff a 2-0 lead and surely a place in the Premiership next season, Preston looked shell shocked but did manage to pull one back on 80mins through Nugent who Im sure lots of Premiership clubs will be looking at next season

Attendance 89968

MOM Joe Keenan 8

Top Scorers

1.Zizi Roberts 26

2.Maciej Korzym 20

3.Park Joo Young 10

4.Kelly 10

5.Emmanuel Ebiede 10

Best Avg Rating

1.Park Joo Young 7.69

2.Zizi Roberts 7.51

3.Joe Keenan 7.35

4.Shaun Maloney 7.33

Stay tuned to see how The Bluebird get on in the Premiership, see if they will be singing all the way up the table TWEET TWEET!!!

stevebanner.jpg

Le Pool!

Well I have been away on my scouting mission but have managed to pop in quickly to see some of the highlights of our game under the guidance of the assistant Mr Cross.

So lets see how well my assistant got on....

Cola.gifNorwich (Sandy) at Carrow Road

Well the runaway leaders have got to play Le Pool again! Last time they lost big time with a 3-1 defeat, but they managed to get a point here with Jerome scoring the opening goal of the match!

Final Score : Norwich 1 - 1 Le Pool

Scorer(s) : Jerome

Attendance : 22673

Cola.gifMilwall at Victoria Park

Well the Assistant decided it was time for some squad rotation which meant that the likes of Tinkler got a game! Well, cant complain too much about it as he scored aswell!

Final Score : Le Pool 1 - 1 Millwall

Scorer(s) : Tinkler

MotM : Tinkler

Attendance : 7597

Cola.gifCardiff (Rob) at Ninian Park

A big defeat for the assistant! Not very good but i've got no doubts Cardiff deserved their win here and continue their push towards automatic promotion.

Final Score : Cardiff 3 - 0 Le Pool

Scorer(s) : none

Attendance : 13888

Cola.gifDerby at Victoria Park

Well the Assistant decided it was time for some squad rotation which meant that the likes of Tinkler got a game! Well, cant complain too much about it as he scored aswell!

Final Score : Le Pool 2 - 1 Derby

Scorer(s) : Jerome (2)

MotM : Jerome

Attendance : 7612

Cola.gifPreston at Deepdale

Oh dear! This assistant of mine doesnt do away games! But if he did, they wouldn't end up as bad as this!

Final Score : Preston 3 - 0 Le Pool

Attendance : 19111

Cola.gifWigan at JJB Stadium

Another team gunning for automatic promotion and it seems my assistant has learned some lessons from away games and managed to get a good point away from home!

Final Score : Wigan 1 - 1 Le Pool

Scorer(s) : Boyd

Attendance : 23688

Cola.gifStoke at Victoria Park

Terrible! How can the assistant afford to lose home games! Well, nevermind eh, we're still mid table and just plugging away.

Final Score : Le Pool 0 - 2 Stoke

Attendance : 7611

Cola.gifHuddersfield at The Galpharm Stadium

The team condemed for relegation and my assistant does us proud with grabbing all three points against our fellow promoted side from last season!

Final Score : Huddersfield 1 - 2 Le Pool

Scorer(s) : Mellor, Nemeth

MotM : Robertson

Attendance : 10391

Cola.gifCoventry at Victoria Park

That's more like it! A terrific win against yet another midlands side, a good thrashing they deserved.

Final Score : Le Pool 3 - 0 Coventry

Scorer(s) : Morgan, Mellor (2)

MotM: Mellor

Attendance : 7607

Cola.gifWatford at Vicarage Road

Two goals from reserve player Humphreys but not enough to get a win here today, still, wont stop him going out the exit door!

Final Score : Watford 3 - 2 Le Pool

Scorer(s) : Humphreys (2)

MotM : Humphreys

Attendance : 13342

Cola.gifSheff Utd (Steff) at Victoria Park

Well what a game! We certainly were all over them in the second half and really should have won the game but we had to settle for coming from behind to level the scores and take a draw! Hopefully we will finsh better infront of goal next season!

Final Score : Le Pool 1 - 1 Sheff Utd

Scorer(s) : Nemeth

Attendance : 7603

Cola.gifIpswich at Portman Road

Well what can I say! We were down to ten men for most of the game. Brunt went from hero to zero within minutes, he scored a brilliant free kick before getting two yellows in a space of minutes! Idiot! Well, The Tractor boys won but it wasnt enough to get them into the vital play offs as Reading beat them to it on goal difference!

Final Score : Ipswich 2 - 1 Le Pool

Scorer(s) : Brunt

MotM : Nelson

Attendance : 28959

So there we have it, Cross did a reasonable job and we end up finishing 13th the league which is not bad at all. We have avoided relegation for this season and hopefully can build towards a better future for the club.

Having progressed further, the board have informed me that for next season, a rebuilding exercise is needed and their expectations are even lower, which is good, as we get ready to battle once more to avoid relegation.

I have also been busy in the transfer market and below are the movers....

Transfers In (All players on free unless a fee is mentioned)

Ben Wright - Signed from Cardiff in exchange of Boyd who would not sign a contract extension (AML ST)

Gialuca Galasso - Signs from Roma, a young midfielder with a promising future. (MLC)

Scarlato - Also signs from Italian club Roma, just like his fellow Italian, a young player with a promising future (DM)

Lee Hendrie - Hendrie signs from Premiership side Villa, just reaching his prime now and much needed re-enforcement (MCR)

Shefki Kuqi - Well what can I say, Boyd is gone and we need another target man to partner Mellor (ST)

Richard Hughes - The utility man is brought in to bring much cover and quality to a poor midfield (DMC MCL)

Massaro - Another young Italian with a bright future, already stated he will show them proper football! (AML)

Konko - The young french right back signs to cover and eventually replace McNamara (WB, DR)

Koumas - Although controversal, a quality attacking midfielder who can perform at any Championship club (AMLCR)

Gaardsoe - Signs from former Premiership side WBA to give much needed quality to a rather poor defence (DC)

Etherington (50k) - A quality winger who will provide much width and quality where its needed. (AML)

We are still trying to get some more new faces into the club to make the rebuild complete but so far, it has been a very good summer for us in terms of Transfers with getting much needed quality and proven players at this level.

Transfers Out

The following players have not had their contracts renewed and have been released from the club.

Eifion Williams, Joel Porter, Istead, Low, Smith, Turnbull, Lewellyn.

I'm hoping to get rid of a few more players but that certainly is a start. I've had a bid for Butler already so he's possibly going and shall not be the last one I hope.

So that's it for this season! I think we've done alright at Le Pool so far and with the new faces coming in over the summer I can happily say that the rebuild of the squad is going fantastically well and the new season should hopefully bring another mid table performance from the smallest club in the Championship!

See what happens when you set us a challenge? finished the season last session mate, hope you had a good night icon_biggrin.gif

rouchiebanner1.jpg

Palace have now moved up to 6th in the premiership and are looking like contenders for the UEFA cup spot!! Not many pundits, or even fans would have dared hope for this sort of position at the start of the season, but then Paul Rouch has been confounding his critics since taking the role as Palace Manager icon_wink.gif

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Evertoneverton_away.png

3rd February January 2007

A home match at Selhurst Park against the scouse bluenoses, and with Palace flying high at the moment the crowd were in an expectant mood and Palace did not disappoint! Diego opened the scoring in the 9th minute with a wonderful goal and Palace dominated from start to finish of this match. The reason they were unable to add to that early goal was down to one man, Man of the Match Jussi Jaaskelainen, the Everton keeper was in outstanding form and had to be as Palace bombarded the Everton defence with wave after wave of attack! The final scoreline of 1-0 flattered Everton immensely icon14.gif

Palace 1 Everton 0

Palace Scorers : Diego (9)

Att : 26477

MOM : Jussi Jaaskelainen (Everton)

birmingham_home.pngBirmingham Vs Crystal Palacepalace_third.png

10th February 2007 – FA Cup 4th Round Replay

The replayed FA cup tie at St Andrews didn’t really get going until the second half when Collins John opened the scoring 6 minutes after the interval. Melchiot was then sent of just before the hour mark and Birmingham limped out of the game at that point. Collins John earned his Man of the Match accolade with his second goal on 77 minutes and Michal Gottwald rounded off a satisfactory afternoon for the palace with their third goal in in injury time and ensured safe passage to the 5th round of the cup icon_smile.gif

Birmingham 0 Palace 3

Palace Scorers : John (51, 77) Gottwald (90)

Att :10642

MOM : Tony Popovic – 9 (Crystal Palace)

Reading_home.pngReading Vs Crystal Palacepalace_away.png

17th February 2007 – FA Cup 5th Round

Having just reached the 5th round beating Birmingham in last weeks replay, Palace now face fellow EFB manager Tony Hall and his Reading Team. Tony was in confident mood before the game buoyed by the victory earlier in the season in the Carling Cup. Rouch was saying nothing at this stage preferring top focus on the game. Collins John struck the first blow in what turned out to be a probing and competitive match, when he slid the ball in to the back of the net in the 8th minute. Reading rallied well though and Steve Sidwell equalised on the quarter hour. Just over the half hour mark Palace regained the advantage when Collins John struck again to make it 2-1 to the visitors. In the second half Alvaro Recoba converted a penalty to make it 3-1 and it looked like Palace might run away with the game but Gunnarsson pulled one back for the Royals 3 minutes late to keep the game close. 3-2! Collins John rounded off yet another man of the match performance and sealed the p[lace win with his hatrick on 72 minutes to put Palace through to the 6th round with a 4-2 victory! icon_cool.gif

Reading 2 Palace 4

Palace Scorers : John (8, 31, 72) Recoba (Pen52)

Reading Scorers : Sidwell (15) Gunnarsson (55)

Att : 12711

MOM : Collins John – 10 (Crystal Palace)

palace_home.pngCrystal Palace Vs Boltonbolton_home.png

24th February 2007

After the excitement of the cup, a crashingly dull game against Bolton which ended goalless and soulless with no redeeming moments to report icon13.gif

Palace 0 Bolton 0

Att : 26458

MOM : Martin Latka (Bolton)

Monthly Awards

Despite Palace’s continued fine form there were no awards for any of the palace team or staff this month icon_mad.gif

Position

6th

Top Scorer

Collins John - 16

Top rated player

Collins John – 7.52

See what happens when you set us a challenge? finished the season last session mate, hope you had a good night icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a fb night and yeah I know you lot finished the season without me.

sandybanner.jpg

Norwich Results

coventry_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

A good solid performance for Norwich but Coventry took the lead after 29 minutes but after half time Pettigrews Norwich were firing on all cylinders when Srna scored in the 53rd minute then Kisliy got himself a double in the 63rd and 89th minute.

Score : Covetry 1 - 3 Norwich

MoM: Sergey Kisliy

norwich_home.png Vswatford_away.png

Another good display by the leagues best team with Watford getting the first goal by Rudd in the 11th minute then Emre scoring in the 16th minute to equalize . Rawez Lawan then scored in the 25th minute with Norwich taking the league . Sergey Kisliy scored in the 90th minute to finish Watford off.

Score : Norwich 3 - 1 Watford

MoM : Sergey Kisliy

sheffutd_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

A 6 goal thriller with both teams playing extrmely well. Barry Robson scored first for Norwich in the 44th minute and then Robbie Fowler equalized in the 47th minute and he scored again in the 59th minute . Sergey Kisliy then equalized in the 63rd minute with Danny Murphy scoring right after him with Norwich taking the lead . Sheff UTd then scored again in the 86th minute to steal a point from this game with Alan Quinn being the scorer .

Score : Sheff Utd 3 - 3 Norwich

MoM : Robbie Fowler

norwich_home.png Vsipswich_away.png

Norwich rested a number of first team player due to their big game next week against Reading . Emmanual Olisadebe scored the opening two goals for Ipswich in the 14th and 23rd mnute to put Ipswich 2-0 up . Ipswich decided to not want this win anymore and scored 2 own goals in the 33rd and 52nd minute. Norwich were never in this game really and did not deserve the points .

Score : Norwich 2 - 2 Ipswich

MoM: Olisadebe

reading_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

Norwich strolled this game against Tony Hall's REading and win it comfortably 2-0 with goals from Emre in the 46th minute and Sergey Kisliy in the 50th minute . With Norwich winning this game it secured them guarenteed promotion and a win in their next game would secure the league championship.

Score : Reading 0 - 2 Norwich

MoM: Szetela

norwich_home.png Vswest_bromwich_away.png

Another fantastic performance with secured Norwich as Champions of the league Championship with a win agains West Brom. Norwich took the lead after 31 minutes with a goal from Danny Murphy then Rawez Lawan scoring in the 43rd minute to make it 2-0 . Gera then pulled one back in the 56th minute but the Lawen scored in the 70th minute to finish the game off. At the end of the game Norwich fans were signing "We Are the Champions !"and The Norwich are having a party , the Norwich are having a party , The Norwich are having a paaarty , The Reading are in their Beds !!!"

Score : Norwich 3 - 1 West Brom

burnley_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

Norwich won this game easily with Lawen scoring in the 29th and 33rd minute to make it 2-0 but Burnley got a consolation goal by Harley in the 86th minute .

Score : Burnley 1 - 2 Norwich

MoM: Lawen

norwich_home.png Vsplymouth_away.png

A Fantastic performance by Norwich as Bartholomew Ogbeche played his last game for Norwich and scored 4 goals in the process , he scored in the 12th 22nd 25th and 72nd minute to put Norwich 4-0 up and then Sergey Kisliy finished things off with a goal in the 78th minute .

Score : Norwich 5 - 0 Plymouth

MoM : Ogbeche

qpr_home.png Vsnorwich_away.png

A meaningless last game of the season with Norwich going 2-0 up and Danny Murphy scoring in the 4th mintue and Kisliy scoring in the 29th minute but QPR came back and scored in the 35th minute with Rowlnads getting the goal and Danny Shittu scoring in the 61st minute to make it 2-2.

Score : QPR 2 - 2 Norwich

MoM: Birchum

NORWICH TOP SCORER : SERGEY KISLIY 29

NORWICH TOP ASSISTS : DARIJO SRNA 26

NORWICH TOP AV. RATING SERGEY KISLIY 7.61

sandybanner.jpg

homenew.gif

July the first is here and there has been alot of transfers happening at Carrow Road lets tkae you their and see who they have signed .

Transfer Out !

Ole Gunnar Sjolskaer has joined Reading on a Free Transfer

Nicky Butt has joined Derby on a Free Transfer

Danny Murphy has joined Middlesboro for 2.5 million

Ryan Jarvis has joined Bournmouth for 1 million

Najzi Kuqi has joined Esbjerg FB for 1.2 million

Geert De Vlieege has joined Standard Liege on a Free Transfer

Sergey Kisliy has joined Chelsea for 15 million

Barry Robson has joined Sheffield United on a Free Transfer

Bartholomew Ogbeche has joined Grenoble for 1.9 million

Chris Baird has joined Aberdeen for 250k

Mark Viduka has joined Portmouth on a Free Transfer

Bezaglou Emre has joined Aston Villa for 4 million

Transfers In !

Jermain Jenas has joined for 3.1 million from Tottenham

Gio VanBronkhorst has joined for free from Barcalona

Oscar Serrano has joined for free from Racing

Ville Taulo has joined for free from FC Lahti

Mark Van den Boogaart has joined for free from Seville

Manu del Maral has joined for free from Athletico Madrid

Javier Portillo has joined for free from Real Madrid

Jorge has joined for free from Athletico Madrid

Figo has joined for free from Inter Milan

Alex has joined for free from Fenerbache

Phil Jagielka has joined for free from Sheffield United

Didier Zokora has joined for 7.25 million from Saint Ettiene

CaCau has joined for free from Stuggart

Transfer Rumours

Norwich are said to be interested in ex-barcelona start Luduvic Giuly , Norwich are also interested in Anderson Silva from Everton.

Norwich has also targetted Berbatov or Fred as their replacement for Sergey Kisliy even though he has been linked on a loan move back to Norwich . NOrwich are keen to have all their deals done by mid July so they are ready for the premiership challenge .

Transfer News From Ninian Park

IN

wilhelmsson.png Christian Wilhelmsson has joined on a free from Anderlecht after being impressed with the new stadium and training facilites

kasperlorentzen.png Kasper Lorentzen has joined on a free from Brondby

michaelcarrick.png England International Michael Carrick has decided to leave Tottenham and join newly promoted Cardiff for 1.5m

gastonfernandez.jpg Gaston Fernandez a young talented Argentinian has joined free from River Plate

mil_mirosevic.png Milovan Mirosevic has joined from Racing Club on a free

blagoygeorgiev.png Blagoy Georgiev finally signed a deal with Cardiff on a free after his contract expired at Slavia Sofia, He has been watched on several occasions

galletti.png Luciano Martin Galletti probably the biggest signing of the year for Cardiff has left Atl Madrid on a free

serkanbalci.jpg Balki Serkan has joined on a free from Fenerbahce

diegobarreto.png Diego Barreto has joined from Almeria on a free, Paraguyan international goalkeeper with challenge Ben Foster for no1 spot

legrottaglie.jpg Nicola Legrottaglie has joined from Juventus for 500k

nakamura.png Shunsuke Nakamura joins from Celtic after being frozen out by Gordon Strachan for 1m

juanangelseguro.png Juan Angel Seguro has joined from Osasuna on a free

boyboymosia.png Boy Boy Mosia has joined from Chelsea for 55k

AdamBoyd.png Adam Boyd decided he didnt want to stay in the Championship another season and was offered to Cardiff in a swap deal for Ben Wright

richard_wright.png Richard Wright has joined on a free from Everton

McEverly.png James McEveley has joined from Blackburn Rovers on a free

OUT

Rui Pedro's short Cardiff career has come to an end with a move to Bradford for 275k

Charlie Sheringham has been released after failing to impress and is snapped up by Sheff United

Stanislav Vlcek has left to join Zurich for 700k

Simone Masini who had so much promise at the start of his Cardiff career has been told to find a new club and joins Nazareth

for 1.5m

Sam Sodje has joined Hull City 625k after being told he is no longer first choice

Veteran Patrick Berger has left Cardiff for Coventry on a free

Young Johnathan Evans has moved to the Scottish league side Partick Thistle for 26k

STAFF IN

John Collins signed as chief scout from Dundee

andybanner2.jpg

The Notts News - Forest keep the pressure on and end fecking it up!!!!

Welcome to a new year and Forest are still up there battling for a play off spot with the likes of Reading and Cardiff. A busy month for Forest with FA Cup games and some brilliant football to go with it. The transfer window has re opened and Hepburn has been busy trying to add to his squad for a big push for a play off spot come May. Here is the latest goings on at the City Ground..............

Championship

Cardiff v Nottingham Forest - (A) Mon 1st January 2007

This was a game of two halves for Forest. The first half they were competng well with Cardiff after going a goal down so early. David Johnson got them level within minutes and for the rest of the half they were on top as Cardiff struggled to get to grips with Forest's free flowing football. In the second half I fell asleep but I heard Cardiff scored a few goals and were brilliant.

Final Score - Cardiff 6 v 1 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Cardiff - Vicek (pen,3), Bergvold (52,63), Masini (69,90), Roberts (78)

Goals - Forest - Johnson (8)

Att - 18098

MOTM - Zizi Roberts (Cardiff)

FA Cup 3rd Round

Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Utd - (H) Sun 7th January 2007

It was not the best preparation for an FA cup tie, coming in off a 6-1 thrashing but Hepburn rallied the troops and they put on a great performance against Steff Browning's Sheffield Utd. The star man was Dion Dublin who rolled back the years with a great performance, scoring one goal and setting up the other for David Johnson in the second half. Utd had no answer to his power and he made them look crap. A deserved win for Forest and it was onto round four for them in the cup.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 2 v 0 Sheffield Utd

Goals - Forest - Dublin (14), Johnson (74)

Att - 30580

MOTM - Kris Commons (Nottingham Forest)

Championship

Nottingham Forest v Derby - (H) Sat 13th January 2007

The front two of David Johnson and Dion Dublin carried on their good form by scoring the goals that brought about another three points for Forest. It was an effiecent if not spectacular performance from Forest who were really only guilty of not scoring more goals to put some icing on the scoreline. They were dominant in every department and Derby could not get near them.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 2 v 0 Derby

Goals - Forest - Johnson (29), Dublin (79)

Att - 30597

MOTM - Dion Dublin (Nottingham Forest)

Championship

Preston v Nottingham Forest - (A) Sat 20th January 2007

Tony takes some notes from this as this is how you beat Preston and how easily it can be done. A superb performance from Forest here as they took apart fellow play off hopefuls Preston at Deepdale. Hepburn gave a debut to new signing Roland Kazubowski and he has a brilliant debut by netting both goals for Forest. Overall though it was a superb performance with Preston not being given any real chances to pull a goal back. Hepburn was delighted with his team's performance at full time and hoped for this every week.

Final Score - Preston 0 v 2 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Forest - Kazubowski (2,73)

Att - 19777

MOTM - Dimitris Mavrogenidis (Nottingham Forest)

FA Cup 4th Round

Nottingham Forest v Newcastle - (H) Sat 27th January 2007

Forest were given a tough draw in the fourth round of the cup as they faced Newcastle at the City Ground. Newcastle had all the big guns out, including Michael Owen but Darren Purse and new signing Mark Hudson kept him quiet for most of the match. Forest came into this game full of confidence and they gave as good as they got with Newcastle. Both teams had chances as it was an open game but it was another one of Hepburn's new signings who got the all important goal. Heider Helguson put Forest ahead two minutes into the second half to send the Forest fans wild. Newcastle were stunned and it could have got worse but Forest passed up a couple of glaring opportunities. Newcastle started to put Forest under pressure towards the end as the nerves finally kicked in for Forest as they knew they were so close to causing an almighty upset. In the end the Forest defence stood firm and produced an upset and Newcastle were out the cup!!!!!

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 1 v 0 Newcastle

Goals - Forest - Helguson (47)

Att - 16738

MOTM - Dimitris Mavrogenidis (Nottingham Forest)

Championship

Nottingham Forest v Huddersfield - (H) Sat 3rd February 2007

Forest kept up there good run of form as they beat Huddersfield at the City Ground with another superb display. The two new boys up front were in sensational form as they grabbed two goals each. Huddersfield could simply not cope with Helguson in the air and Kazubowski on the ground with his lethal finishing. It was actually a highly entertaining game with five goals in the first half. The Forest defence was looking pretty frail at times but in the end it did not matter with Helguson and Kazubowski up front firing in the goals.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 4 v 2 Huddersfield

Goals - Forest - Kazubowski (6,13), Helguson (24,83)

Goals - Huddersfield - Osbourne (16,26)

Att - 23751

MOTM - Roland Kazubowski (Nottingham Forest)

Championship

Nottingham Forest v Hartlepool - (H) Sat 10th February 2007

A game Forest were expected to win but with Stephen Gold in charge at Hartlepool, Hepburn knew it would be a tough game. A game of few chances in the first half as both teams seemed to be feeling each other out. Forest edged it in terms of possession but they had nothing to show for it at half time. Forest got off to a great start in the second half with loan signing Condessa. Forest could not increase their lead and were made to pay with five minutes left as one time Forest target Cameron Jerome scored an equaliser. Hartlepool finished the game stronger and could have sntached it at the end but a draw was a fair result in the end.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 1 v 1 Hartlepool

Goals - Forest - Condessa (47)

Goals - Hartlepool - Jerome (85)

Att - 23585

MOTM - Jaroslaw Fojut (Hartlepool)

Championship

Coventry v Nottingham Forest - (A) Tues 13th February 2007

A game Forest should have won but the Forest strikers had an off day in front of goal. Coventry only needed the one goal to win this game and got it through Calum Elliot right on the half hour mark. Hepburn watched on in frustration as he saw his team spurn chance after chance. It looked like to was extra shooting on the training ground for Forest before the next game.

Final Score - Coventry 1 v 0 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Coventry - Elliot (30)

Att - 29483

MOTM - Calum Elliot (Coventry)

FA Cup 5th Round

Arsenal v Nottingham Forest - (A) Sat 17th February 2007

Well Hepburn's Forest could not have wished for a tougher draw in the FA Cup fifth round as they had to travel to The Emirates Stadium to face Arsenal. Having disposed of Newcastle Hepburn was hoping for a nice easy draw but it was not to be. The stars were out in force for Arsenal but Forest competed well for the opening half hour before Forest right back Mavrogenidis gave away a penalty and got himself sent off in the process. Robert Pires slotted home the penalty and Arsenal went on to dominate the game from there on in. They added two more goals to their tally although it could have been alot more. Senderos got his marching orders late on for being the last man but it made no difference as the Gunners were a class above Forest.

Final Score - Arsenal 3 v 0 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Arsenal - Pires (pen,31), Ljungberg (45), Van Persie (49)

Sent Off - Dimitris Mavrogenidis (Nottingham Forest), Philipe Senderos (Arsenal)

Att - 32540

MOTM - Fredrik Ljungberg (Arsenal)

Championship

Nottingham Forest v Watford - (H) Wed 21st February 2007

It was back to league business for Forest after their heavy defeat at Arsenal and it was quickly back to winning ways for them. Kazubowski was again the star of the show for Forest as he grabbed both goals for Forest. it was a superb performance from Forest as they got over the defeat at Arsenal. Forest should have scored more goals but they got the three points they needed.

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 2 v 0 Watford

Goals - Forest - Kazubowski (21,48)

Att - 21614

MOTM - Feli Condessa

Championship

Sheffield Utd v Nottingham Forest - (A) Sat 24th February 2007

Next up for Forest as a trip to Bramall lane to face Steff Browning's Sheffield Utd team. Hepburn was expecting a tough game as all their previous games had been close. Unfortunately for Utd they found Foest in inspired form. The front two for Forest were in brilliant form, bagging two goals each with David Johnson going on to pick up the man of the match award. They were just too hot to handle for the Utd defence. Utd had pulled level at one stage but Forest went on to wint he match quite comfortably in the end.

Final Score - Sheffield Utd 1 v 4 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Sheffield Utd - Scorza (19)

Goals - Forest - Helguson (3,26), Johnson (49,87)

Att - 32961

MOTM - David Johnson (Nottingham Forest)

Championship

Stoke v Nottingham Forest - (A) Wed 28th February 2007

It was back on the road again for Forest as they travelled to Stoke. Forest started this game very poorly and were one down after only two minutes. Stoke dominated the first half and could have been a few goals ahead but for some good goalkeeping from Neil Alexander. It got worse in the second half as Stoke went two ahead and Hepburn was livid on the touchline. Two goals in five minutes though and Forest were level and looking to go on and possibly snatch a winner. However it was Stoke who snatched a dramatic winner as Lewis Guy struck two minutes from time. Forest really did not deserve to win this game as Stoke were the better team for large parts of the game.

Final Score - Stoke 3 v 2 Nottingham Forest

Goals - Stoke - Russell (2), Brammer (55), Guy (88)

Goals - Forest - Purse (pen,72), Kazubowski (78)

Att - 25731

MOTM - Darel Russell (Stoke)

sky2.jpg

In breaking news, Nottingham Forest manager Andrew Hepburn has been given indefinite leave till the end of the season due to stress of the job. This is the second time that Hepburn has needed time off to recuperate from stress. Medics are questioning his health and is this lad cut out to be a football manager. This follows his team's indifferent performance at Stoke. His assistant manager whoever he is taking charge for the remainder of the season. Everyone connected to Nottingham Forest wishes Hepburn and his family all the best as Hepburn tries to regain his health.

So with his assistant in charge for the remainder of the season here is how he got on:

Nottingham Forest v Ipswich - (H) Sat 3rd March 2007

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 2 v 0 Ipswich

Reading v Nottingham Forest - (A) Tues 6th March 2007

Final Score - Reading 1 v 2 Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest v West Brom - (H) Sat 10th March 2007

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 0 v 2 West Brom

Burnley v Nottingham Forest - (A) Sat 17th March 2007

Final Score - Burnley 4 v 0 Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest v Plymouth - (H) Sat 31st March 2007

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 1 v 0 Plymouth

QPR v Nottingham Forest - (A) Sat 7th April 2007

Final Score - QPR 1 v 0 Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest v Fulham - (H) Mon 9th April 2007

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 2 v 1 Fulham

Leeds v Nottingham Forest - (A) Sat 14th April 2007

Final Score - Leeds 3 v 3 Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest v Wigan - (H) Sat 21st April 2007

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 2 v 0 Wigan

Nottingham Forest v Leicester - (H) Sun 29th April 2007

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 1 v 1 Leicester

Nottingham Forest v Cardiff - (H) Sat 5th May 2007 (Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg)

Final Score - Nottingham Forest 0 v 5 Cardiff

Cardiff v Nottingham Forest - (A) Tues 8th May 2007 (Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg)

Final Score - Cardiff 5 v 0 Nottingham Forest

It has been an unbelievable season for Nottingham Forest. They missed out consecutive promotions but since manager Andrew Hepburn took over he has really got this club moving in the right direction. He had a tough job on a limited budget and aging players but he has managed to get the best out of the squad and they almost made the Premiership. He also took them on a great cup run before losing to Arsenal. It was just unfortunate his stress problem got int he way of Forest's season. Who knows what might have happened in the play offs against Cardiff had Hepburn been well enough to manage his team.

Next season will be interesting for Nottingham Forest and manager Andrew Hepburn. He has some rebuilding to do as some of his players are coming to the end of their careers and in need of replacing. Hepburn need to bring in a few players during pre season and hopefully some youth to the squad ready for another great season in the Championship.

EFBAlternative.jpg

Englischer Fussball Bund Zeitung

Its Back! Its Back! The Zeitung Returns to EFB!!!

Welcome to the EFB Zeitung once again, the only Zeitung that will give you updates about the brilliant game that is EFB!

As per usual, we will run through the highlights of the season and see who the movers and shakers are with the true winners of some of the biggest trophies within the footballing world.

So lets not hold proceedings up any further and get to the opening trophy on offer......

The Charity Shield

The opener of the English season see's the League winners take on the Cup winners. Obviously for Charity but that doesnt take away the chance of adding a trophy to the clubs cabinet.

Preview : Chelsea vs Aston Villa

Result : Villans Robbed By Chelski

European Super Cup

The Super cup sees the Winners of the Champions League take on the Winners of the Uefa Cup, so it should make it a pretty entertaining game some would say!

Preview : Chelsea vs Dinamo Kiev

Result : Kiev Burnt As Chelski Take No Prisoners

Club World Championship

It was time to see Europe's best take on the best that South America had to offer, this game should certainly be entertaining with the amount of flair that there is going to be! The South American finalists also won their semi final

in dramatic fashion with an amazing 18-0 scoreline!

Preview : Sao Paulo vs Chelsea

Result : Sao How? Chelski Show Them The Way!

Carling Cup 2007

This season's final would of course be staged at Englands most prestiouge stadium which had recently been rebuilt for the Olympic games and to fit more of Englands fans in!

We would see two giants of the English game battle it out for this honour with the winner obviously guaranteed to be playing European football should their season turn upside down.

Preview : Man Utd vs Arsenal

Result : Red Devils Gunned Down By Toure

Vans Trophy

Despite being on the 1st of April, the Vans Trophy is no joke to the teams in the lower leagues who battle it out for this cup every year seeing as the Carling Cup and FA Cup will be out of their reach in most seasons!

The final was hosted at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff which saw a rather exciting match between the two oppoenents!

Preview : Bradford vs Walsall

Result : Bantams Saddle Up And Ride Into The Distance

FA Trophy

Its everyones favourite cup, well, for the lower league teams anyway! Its an exclusive cup that only teams out of the football league take part in and also springs a few suprises too!

Preview : Morecambe vs Aldershot

Result : Steady Nerves See Aldershot Lift The Cup

Scottish Cup

Hampden Park is certainly a very popular place this year with three finals taking place there this season, although some may say that some cups are more important than others, this one is important to the clubs north of the border.

Preview : Celtic vs Falkirk

Result : Hoops Blow Away Any Possible Upset!

The Premiership

Its the big one! Englands top league with many heavy weights battling it out to be number one in the country, but also, there are many other valuable places up for grabs with Champions League places, Uefa Cup spaces and of course, the dreaded relegation places! Who would be good enough to win the league this season, lets find out....

Premiership League Table

Winners : Arsenal

Runners up : Man Utd

Relegated : West Ham, Wolves, Sunderland

Palace In Crystal Form For European Place

What a debut season in the Premiership for Palace manager Paul Rouch and a great return for Palace to Englands top league. Palace fans have enjoyed some fantastic football at Selhurst Park with some incredible goals and results which has led them to gaining a place in the Uefa Cup next season and there was even thought at one point that Palace would make the Champions League but either way, still a incredible feat by Rouch with what he has done so far this season!

Simon Jordan, Crystal Palace Chairman told us in an exclusive interview "Rouch is one of the best managers around and we are very happy that we have got him here, he brought us back to the Premiership and now we're even fighting it out with the best of them and will also be enjoying some trips to Europe in the Uefa Cup, a very good job so far"

Crystal Palace fans were said to be very happy with their manager and are hoping he stays in charge for the distant future to bring more joyful football to Selhurst Park, as one fan was quoted as saying "Rouch is absolutely fantastic, without doubt the best English manager around!

The Coca Cola Championship

The very competitive Championship saw yet another exciting year with automatic promotion places to the Premiership up for grabs and of course the very exciting fight for the play off places which determines who the final team would be to go up to the elite league.

The Championship League Table

Winners : Norwich

Runners Up : Wigan

Play Off Winners : Cardiff

Relegated : Plymouth, Burnley, Huddersfield

Canaries Flying High

The champions of the Championship and returning back to the Premiership are Norwich who have made it after their second attempt under the management of Sandy Pettigrew having missed out last season in the Play Off's.

Pettigrew's men were certainly not shy infront of goal as they knocked in an incredible 115 goals during their league campaign to guide them to England top league.

Although it was mainly plain sailing for the Canaries they did come across some challenges during their league campaign as Pettigrew noted "We had some tough games this season but it has worked out brilliantly in the end, I couldnt go through another Play Off that's for sure, the last one was too much heartache and I had to make sure we go up automatically by using all resources available to me"

Delia Chairwomen of Norwich FC added "Sandy has proven to be a very good manager and has always kept an eye out for bargains in the tranfer market, we are glad he is leading us into the Premiership"

Blue Birds End On a High Note

It is the welsh side managed by Rob Perry who will be joining the likes of Norwich in the Premiership next season after successfully gaining promotion via the Play Offs by beating Preston in the Final.

Although having almost gained automatic promotion, the final day of the season saw some suprises which meant Cardiff were going to have to try their luck via the Play Offs, having seen off Forest in the semi final, they even managed to continue their good form and beat Preston who also lost out last season!

Rob Perry was interviewed on the pitch after the final whistle "What an amazing game, it doesnt matter how well you play during the season when you get to this stage, it matters how well you do on the day and we've done incredibly well here, full credit to the lads, the champers is certainly going to be going all night"

Sam Hammann, Chairman of Cardiff was overjoyed "What an excellent result, we're finally where we want to be, Rob has done an exceptional job here and hopefully we can back him in the Premiership"

Cardiff fans were overwhelmed with having finally reached Premiership status with fans singing Perry's name around the streets of Cardiff late into the night.

Hepburn - The New Robin Hood?

It was Andy Hepburn who took over the reigns at Nottm Forest and has done a splendid job aswell in guiding them into the Play Offs, few would have predicted that Forest could do it but Hepburn displayed his skills once again in the Championship having been at Southampton last season.

Hepburn was busy in the transfer market in bolstering his squad and the signings certainly have paid off with getting the play off place but the semi final is certainly something Forest fans will want to forget!

Hepburn was unavailable for comment on their play off game but a press release commented that "We will build on this season and hopefully go one better next year, this club certainly deserves to be back in the Premiership"

Royals Cruising Steadily

It was looking likely at one point that Reading were going to promoted automatically after manager Tony Hall got them to a very strong strat wtihin the league, but its consistency which seperates teams and it must have been tiredness which started to settle in for the Royals as their end to the campaign wasnt the brightest and they had to settle for the last remaining play off place on the final day of the season!

It was Preston who defeated Reading in the play off semi final, a bogey team for manager Tony Hall as he has not enjoyed playing the side from deepdale at all in all the encounters they have had.

Tony Hall said "Of course we are disappointed with the season, we were certainly looking to get promoted this season but our form went from back to worse and it was too late to turn things around for an automatic promotion place, we will certainly be back next season".

Blunt Blades Not Quite Cutting It

Despite only a mid table finish for Sheff Utd this season, Steff Browning is certainly not too disappointed with it, why you may ask? Well that's because the Blades have not had the best seasons at all, with very inconsistant form, at one stage manager Steff Browning probably thought he was going to have a relegation dog fight on his hands!

Browning has done very well in turning the fortunes of the Blades around as his side did not get off on the best starts to the season and it has been an uphill struggle ever since but he is certainly has got the determination to do better next season as he quoted "We have got to do better than this next year, I don't ever want to go through that again"

Pool Splash The Championship

Newcomers to the Championship and then also getting a new manager! It couldn't have been any worse for Hartlepool as they got introduced to a new manager after their promotion and being quarter of a way through the season but the board and fans alike are very happy with the outcome and result that it has brought.

Tipped favourites for relegation, new Le Pool manager Stephen Gold, tried to bring in some much needed new faces to a side that lacked much quality in all departments. With a mid-table finish, everyone involved with the club is very happy that they have survived a season in the championship and will be hoping that they can do again next year.

Gold said in an interview "Its been a difficult season in trying to get players into the club and getting the lads adjusted to some new tactics and training regimes, but it has been worth it as we finish mid-table above some very good teams in this league, its something we want to build on for next season"

Williams for Bate(s)

The Leeds Chairman Ken Bates and his fans want the Yorkshire club to return to the Premiership as fast as possible, so with new manager Dave Williams in charge, they were hoping for a swift return. However, things have not gone their way at all this season with them being no where near the play off zone and infact, being in the bottom half of the table.

The sword is already out for manager Dave Williams despite Chairman Ken Bates stating he has every confidence in his newly appointed manager to which Williams replied "Its never easy starting at a new club, especially at one with such high expectation as this one, it will certainly be different next season if I got anything to do with it, we can and must do better than this"

League One

Coca Cola League One League Table

Winners : Brighton

Runners Up : Yeovil

Play Off Winners : Brentford

Relegated : Southend, Barnsley, Tranmere, Port Vale

League Two

Coca Cola League Two League Table

Winners : Lincoln

Runners Up : Stockport

Third Place : Rochdale

Play Off Winners : Darlington

Relegated : Barnet, MK Dons

National Conference

The National Conference League Table

Winners : Exeter

Play Off Winners : Accrington

Relegated : Welling, Shrewsbury, Altrincham, Nuneaton

Scottish Premier League

The SPL League Table

Winners : Celtic

Runners Up : Rangers

Relegated : Dunfermline

Scottish Division 1

Scottish Division 1 League Table

Winners : Hibernian

Relegated : Brechin, Stranraer

CIS Cup

Once more Hampden Park gets its annual run out to see another exciting Cup Final which this time is the CIS Insurance Cup. Could we see an upset in at least one cup final?

Preview : Celtic vs St Johnstone

Result: Hoops Outdone By Moore

FA Cup

It was time to visit the new Wembley stadium once again but this time it would be to witness the final of the most magical cup within the English game, the one, everyone wants to win.

Preview : Everton vs Arsenal

Result : So Near, Yet So Far, Toffee's Blown Away

Uefa Cup

This years Uefa Cup final would be held at Hampden Park in Glasgow, although no Scottish representative is in the final, we

do however have an English Giant battling it out against one of Holland's finest.

Preview : Man Utd vs Feyenoord

Result : Red Devils Lose Out Yet Again!

Champions League

This competition is the one all of the big teams in Europe want to win, however, there can only be one winner and this years

final would be held OAKA Spyros Louis in Athens, Greece.

Some would say it was an all russian affair in the final but in fact its only one of Russia's giants taking on a multi millionaire English side!

Preview : CSKA Moscow vs Chelsea

Result : Drogba Settles Things Early for Chelski

Well, that was the EFB Zeitung! Thank you for reading and especially thanks to everyone involved with the game.

Reporter : Goldy

ps: many more things will be added to the Zeitung for next season, unfortunately there wasn't time for this release!

Archived