Tottingham hotsperz v Arsenal, Sunday April 25th 16.05 *1971 and all that???*

Father Senegal

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Father Senegal:

I just counted, I've been to 25 North London derbies icon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been to 15.

Only 5 of them away.

Firstly, change the blóody title I'm morally outraged here.

Secondly I predict a 3-1 win for the arse an riots afterwards. All they have to do is put doherty clean through in his own area and he'll do the rest, hes deadly/suicidal from anywhere within 20yrds of his own box icon14.gif

Carr is suspended, and Davies took a knock in our last game so our midfiled will be ****e to say the least.

COME ON YOU SPURS icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Join the club mate, there are plenty of others in the same boat icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, and I haven't been to one for a while! icon_frown.gif

Our best defender suspended, our best midfielder injured, Pleat playing players out of position all over the place and Doc is a first team regular.

Wheras Arsenal have all instrumental players available and are demolish anything they come across.

I'm not sure if I'll be arsed draging myself to witness this on Saturday, or just starting drinking the sorrows away from home. Then I at least save the walk. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ryan Hollands:

I can see a draw here tbh, merely because I think Tottenham will do everything they can to stop Arsenal winning and that may even mean curbing their usual attacking football to do so.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tottenham usually play attacking football? icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rich :

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ryan Hollands:

I can see a draw here tbh, merely because I think Tottenham will do everything they can to stop Arsenal winning and that may even mean curbing their usual attacking football to do so.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tottenham usually play attacking football? icon_redface.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course, look at how freely we've been scoring recently. 2 goals in 7 games, one of which was an own goal.

Sorry about the attacking football comment, I'm stuck back a few months ago when Spurs were scoring 3 or 4 goals a game.... and still not winning icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry about the attacking football comment, I'm stuck back a few months ago when Spurs were scoring 3 or 4 goals a game.... and still not winning icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, that's it. You and me outside in the carpark now. No hitting the face though.

Rand asked me to pass on the following too

I WiLl kiLl and KcaD U aLL.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Message from rand:

i am coming for them all guns blazing

but it would be sweet if arsenal won't get the leage oh it would be so sweet but still beter they then busterd peter k and his "loved" chlski

icon_smile.gif

Well it's good to see that Pleat has a plan to beat the Arse.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Pleat, who will stand down in the summer, knows where the root of the problem lies.

"We have to show more muscle, especially away from home," he said. "We lack a bit of power. What we must not do is give away any free-kicks against Arsenal as they are a very good team."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So. If we don't give any free-kicks away we'll win eh? icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yids100:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ratinho:

Be lucky to get within ten yards of him.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that wont stop pires and the rest of your cheatin lot from divin!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, the sweet sound of a bitter Spurs fan. Beautiful, wonderful music to my ears.

In a post featuring Tarrico's name, you attempt to call us cheats. I love you man, and all your kind. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spotg:

Well it's good to see that Pleat has a plan to beat the Arse.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Pleat, who will stand down in the summer, knows where the root of the problem lies.

"We have to show more muscle, especially away from home," he said. "We lack a bit of power. What we must not do is give away any free-kicks against Arsenal as they are a very good team."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So. If we don't give any free-kicks away we'll win eh? icon_rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus!! He really doesn't have a clue, does he? We are total dogs**t from free-kicks, 'cos Henry shoots everytime and no-one has genuine quality delivery.

And even when we get god delivery, we are hardly the strongest team on the offensive header front.

Some Sperz team news and pre match gumph

Come on you rip roaring reds

Tottenham v Arsenal

White Hart Lane

Sunday, 24 April

Kick-off: 1605 BST

Referee:

Mark Halsey (Lancashire)

Tottenham may turn to Dean Richards and Darren Anderton, who have both been suffering from Achilles problems.

Captain and right-back Stephen Carr serves the second match of his three-game suspension.

Tottenham (from): Keller, Kelly, Gardner, Doherty, Taricco, Ziege, Brown, Redknapp, Kanoute, Defoe, Keane, Davies, Dalmat, Jackson, Marney, Bunjevcevic, King, Postiga, Richards, Ricketts, Anderton, Mabizela, Hirschfield.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIG-MATCH FACTS

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR face Arsenal in the 134th North London League derby, and the Spurs faithful will face the ignominy of witnessing their arch rivals lifting the Premiership title, if the Gunners win and Chelsea fail to claim maximum points off Newcastle from the earlier Sunday kick off at St James' Park. It would be the second time Arsenal had clinched the League crown at the Lane - they managed it in 1971.

The White Hart Lane club go into the game having claimed just one point from a last possible 18. They've not won in six, and their 1-0 home success over Newcastle on 14 March is their only win in nine Premiership games. Spurs' highest ever Premiership placing is seventh. They have finished in the top ten on seven of the 11 Premier League seasons, but are currently well outside the top half and in danger of ending the campaign below their lowest Premier League finish of 15th, ten years ago.

Spurs are aiming to beat their North London rivals for the first time in ten League and Cup meetings. The last three corresponding fixtures have been 1-1 draws and ten of the 23 Premiership fixtures between the pair have finished level.

ARSENAL are within touching distance of a second Premiership title in three years, a third Premier League crown in their history and a 13th English League Championship.

The Gunners go into this game on the back of a vintage 5-0 demolition of relegation-haunted Leeds. It was a victory that took their club and Premiership record-breaking unbeaten run to 35 games and their undefeated sequence from the beginning of this season to 33 matches. It leaves them needing to avoid defeat in five more top flight games to become the third club ever to go through an entire League season without defeat. Liverpool were the last to achieve it in 1893-94 but were only required to play 28 games in their Second Division campaign and Preston did it in 1888-89, having played 22 top flight matches.

The Gunners had to come from behind with a late deflected strike from Freddy Ljungberg to win the reverse fixture 2-1 in November. It means if Arsenal can achieve their first victory at White Hart Lane since the 1-3 triumph on 5 May 1999, they'll complete a first Premiership 'double' over Spurs and 13th over them since League conflict commenced in 1909.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEQUENCES/RECENT FORM

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Club stats

Going into the weekend: 14th 38 points

A 1-1 home draw against Manchester City on 12 April was the only game which yielded anything, points wise, in six Premiership outings.

Drawn only five times in the highest League.

Managed only six clean sheets in the top division - half of them at home.

Gone 24 League matches since a goalless draw (away to Middlesbrough on 26 October).

Failed to score in 15 top flight matches.

Been 'doubled' by Fulham, Manchester United, Southampton, Chelsea and Bolton so far.

Of their 42 goals, 13 have been scored in the last quarter-hour of Premiership games.

The next fixture is away to Aston Villa next Sunday, 2 May.

After this, one home games and two away remain.

The run-in

ARSENAL

Club stats

Going into the weekend: 1st 81 points

Can afford to drop 11 of their 15 remaining available points and still lift the Premiership trophy.

With five matches to go, already amassed 81 points. Only accumulated more than 80 points once since the Premier League was inaugurated. That was 87 in the season before last when they were champions.

Won 24 and drawn nine in the Premiership this season.

Won 26 and drawn nine in the Premiership since going down 2-3 at home to Leeds on 4 May.

Lost just twice in 54 Premiership matches, winning 36 of them.

Dropped only 18 points so far. The least a title winning side has dropped in a 20-club Premiership is 23, the most 39.

The only remaining unbeaten club in the English League.

The Premiership's most winning team (24 matches), with the strongest attack (67 goals in 33 games), and the meanest defence (22 goals conceded) - ahead of this weekend's round of matches.

Already 'doubled' Middlesbrough, Aston Villa, Manchester City, Wolves, Southampton, Chelsea, Blackburn, Liverpool and Leeds.

Undefeated in 20 away League games (16 this season).

Won ten away League games this season, drawn six and lost none.

Scored 29 League goals on the road at an average of 1.81 goals per game.

Conceded just nine times on their Premiership travels, at an average of 0.56 goals per game.

Failed to score in only three Premiership games this term - fewer than any other club.

Scored in 105 of the last 110 Premiership matches.

Achieved the longest winning run by any club in the top division this season (nine matches).

Won nine of 33 League games this season by a 2-1 margin.

Used fewer players in Premiership matches this season than any other club (21).

After this, it's a home game against Birmingham next Saturday lunchtime.

Two home matches and two away remain, including another London derby, away to Fulham.

The run-in

If we play like we did last year, there is every chance we will lose. I'm taking nothing for granted in this game. We're a cut above of course, but Spurs will attempt to come at us, and we need to stand up to them better than we did last year.

Still think we'll be far too strong though icon_smile.gif

According to SSN. should we clinch the title at WHL, the players will NOT celebrate on the pitch afterwards.

Common senseI suppose but part of me wishes that the squad as a whole would run over to where the old Shelf was a pull at collective moonie.

Anyway, Arsenal team news

Arsène Wenger has virtually the entire Arsenal squad at his disposal for the North London derby at White Hart Lane on Sunday.

Ashley Cole (ankle) and Freddie Ljungberg (broken hand) have been back in full training during a rare free week for the Premiership leaders. Both missed the 5-0 victory over Leeds nearly a week ago but they are available again on Sunday.

Indeed apart from Stuart Taylor, whose shoulder problem will keep him out for the rest of the campaign, the only major absentee is centre back Pascal Cygan and even he is on the way back after an ankle problem.

"I have nearly a complete squad available," Wenger told Arsenal Plus during an exclusive interview on Thursday afternoon. "Ashley Cole and Freddie Ljungberg are both back in full training.

"Pascal Cygan is not completely back. He is in training but he is not up to full fitness yet. He can't have contact with the ball at the moment."

Arsenal Plus subscribers will be able to see the full interview with the Arsenal manager on Friday morning. Wenger talks about the "eternity" since they last played, the Champions League Semi-Finals, Tottenham's troubles this season, the threat of Jermain Defoe and international call-ups next week

According to SSN. should we clinch the title at WHL, the players will NOT celebrate on the pitch afterwards.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

but but but but, JAMES SAID WE'RE NOT THAT NICE icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smudger Smith:

Were going to get raped, 6-0 to the ****

RIP SPURS icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the spirit icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carlos_Hotspur:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smudger Smith:

Were going to get raped, 6-0 to the ****

RIP SPURS icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the spirit icon_rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed it is icon_cool.gif

According to SSN. should we clinch the title at WHL, the players will NOT celebrate on the pitch afterwards.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arrogant swines. icon_rolleyes.gif

Eh' Bobbie we won ze championship!

*shrugs*

Carlos I am a realist, and there is no other evidence that suggests anything other than an Arsenal win IMO.

we have a bumbling fool as caretaker manager that likes playing players out of position.

a keeper that is always suspect to the odd calamity howler

a defence that has Gary Docherty at the core

Steven Carr is out suspended, so a rookie will have to deputise in his place against Pires, Henry

A strikeforce that does not score any goals, although the supply is fairly non-excistant (sp)

and HENRY is on Fire at the moment

and Arsenal have yet to lose a game in the premiership this season

so you can stick your positive thinking up yer arsehole!!!

Obviously they are the favourites, and i'm a realist too, but theres no point moaning about it, Just back the lads and hope they put on a performance. I know the odds are massively against us but so what? Lets get behind them and hope they do their best.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carlos_Hotspur:

Obviously they are the favourites, and i'm a realist too, but theres no point moaning about it, Just back the lads and hope they put on a performance. I know the odds are massively against us but so what? Lets get behind them and hope they do their best.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I think you are hoping we don't put in a performance rather than vice versa! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Retro:

Obviously they are the favourites, and i'm a realist too, but theres no point moaning about it, Just back the lads and hope they put on a performance. I know the odds are massively against us but so what? Lets get behind them and hope they do their best.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I think you are hoping we _don't_ put in a performance rather than vice versa! icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that would be a bit of a help i suppose icon_smile.gif

Even though you pre-empted me Retro I like to think that my post was a lot more succint and informative.

'Yes boss'

[/Phil Neal] icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've just done it again in the Farnham thread... and mine was more informative in that one!

Loser! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Retro:

eh?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't believe that you're arrogant arsehole players wont even bother celebrating winning the championship.

Temperaments of a Spurs fan - suicidal or elated... with nothing inbetween! icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's because we "never" draw games. We either win or lose. On and Off, see? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James07?:

eh?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't believe that you're arrogant arsehole players wont even bother celebrating winning the championship.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume this is tongue in cheek, as you aren't stupid, but just in case:

Dancing around on the pitch, running to and celebrating with the fans, would incite riots outside the ground. For the safety of the fans I assume they have been advised NOT to celebrate wildly infront of the scum faithful

icon_smile.gif

Scenario Reminders:

1. If Newcastle and Chelsea draw then only an Arsenal win would hand them the title.

2. If Chelsea win then even if Arsenal win, Chelsea would be 9pts behind with 3 games remaining, therefore meaning mathematically they can still catch Arsenal

3. If Chelsea lose then just a draw will do for Arsenal.

4. If both Chelsea and Arsenal draw then situation 2 would apply

Come on you lilywhites icon14.gif

Archived