Tottingham hotsperz v Arsenal, Sunday April 25th 16.05 *1971 and all that???*

Father Senegal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Retro:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ando THFC:

Oh come on, get down off you moral plinths you bloody women. Bellamy's a c*nt and I hope he deserves evy single scintilla of pain.

And if someone feels like taking a pop at Henry, Campbell and Doherty during the game then they're very welcome by me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I rest my case. This 'fan' has supported my point better than I ever could! icon14.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what is your point? Or you just patronising for the sake of it.

If Bellamy wasn't a w*nker then I wouldn't have gotten any pleasure from his injury. However, he is and I did.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wicom:

also, I don't really see it as being a problem amongst modern fans, maybe the way they go about it is different, the cheering of a player pulling up injured, but were fans in t'olden days really that much better?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't say 'Modern Fans' - I said Nouveau Fans. A modern fan is someone who would have been a football fan if they were born 10 or 20 years before... a Nouveau Fan isn't!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Retro:

I didn't say 'Modern Fans' - I said Nouveau Fans. A modern fan is someone who would have been a football fan if they were born 10 or 20 years before... a Nouveau Fan isn't!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

are villa really that full of them? hardly the sort of club you'd imagine to be picking up that sort of fan given their recent sucess, or lack of.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Father Senegal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sammyboy80:

"Everything was so much better in my day" and all that. That's what we get for having a couple of coffin dodgers on the forums icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

Age and experience > you<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Young, fit, able and gravity is still my friend > you icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ando THFC:

And what is your point? Or you just patronising for the sake of it.

If Bellamy wasn't a w*nker then I wouldn't have gotten any pleasure from his injury. However, he is and I did.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cretin. You don't even know what patronising means! icon_eek.gif

My point is that only an idiot would cheer a player getting injured... and then along you came! That isn't patronising... it may be being superior but it's not being patronising.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wicom:

are villa really that full of them? hardly the sort of club you'd imagine to be picking up that sort of fan given their recent sucess, or lack of.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh? Who said Nouveau fans only support big clubs?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Father Senegal:

What was it that Nick Hornby heard an Arsenal fan shout at a derby once

'I hope your wife dies of cancer Roberts'

Is this acceptable behaviour towards players we dont like too, because wishing injuries on them isnt that far off tbh.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed - there's always been bile and poison spat at games, and hooliganism was rife in the 70's and 80's. Things were far from perfect in the 'old days', and I'm not trying to claim they were.

However, there is definitely an increase in general cynicism from fans I think.

where did I say "big clubs"?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh jesus! Successful clubs then?

Who cares? You win wicom... happy?

However, there is definitely an increase in general cynicism from fans I think.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

directly linked to the increase in profile footballers get these days perhaps?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sammyboy80:

Can we get back to the match at all?? I still haven't seen any game predictions..just bickering..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never do predictions.

But, as long as we don't lose I don't care.

Who cares? You win wicom... happy?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

er, it's not about "winning" retro, you made a point, I disagreed with it and give counter reasons, no need to throw the toys out of the pram.

Never do predictions.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto

As long as we win, there are no injuries for either side ( icon_wink.gif) and football is the winner and all the Arsenal and Spurs fans can share a friendly beer afterwards, then I'll be happy.

You can guarantee I wont be getting my oats if we do win though icon_frown.gif

Can we get back to the match at all?? I still haven't seen any game predictions..just bickering..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never do predictions.

But, as long as we don't lose I don't care.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What kind of game can you see it becoming then? Without predicting a score, what do you think?

And have you woken up on the wrong side of bed today, Retro? I can't remember seeing you getting as worked up as this before..

Er, it's not about "winning" retro, you made a point, I disagreed with it and give counter reasons, no need to throw the toys out of the pram.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Toys out of my pram? icon_biggrin.gif

I thought the post was more in a resigned, sighful "can't be arsed anymore" style, but whatever. And the reason was because you were getting into that "picking on terminology phase" of the discussion that you often do, and I just can't be arsed to get involved.

What kind of game can you see it becoming then? Without predicting a score, what do you think?

And have you woken up on the wrong side of bed today, Retro? I can't remember seeing you getting as worked up as this before..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would imagine that Spurs will come at us, and press us whenever we have the ball. That's pretty much what they did last season... constant harrying.

If they're fortunate, that will break up our passing game and make it difficult for us to get our flowing game going. It'll be tough, I'm under no illusions.

However, we could just try aiming balls at Doherty and wait for him to f*ck up! icon_biggrin.gif

And the reason was because you were getting into that "picking on terminology phase" of the discussion that you often do, and I just can't be arsed to get involved.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and the reason I did that was because you got into that "you've misunderstood my post therefore your whole argument is wrong" phase of the discussion that you often do.

I never once referred to big or sucessful clubs being the only ones having Nouveau fans, in the context of the debate I think making that clear was most important.

And have you woken up on the wrong side of bed today, Retro? I can't remember seeing you getting as worked up as this before..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I'm not worked up at all. At least I feel okay! icon_confused.gif

No, I'm not worked up at all. At least I feel okay! icon_confused.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

could be you're feeling the pain of me losing my passport?

I just noticed that not one Spurs fan has moaned at me calling them Tottingham hotsperz. This place is no fun anymore.

Aye, Retro, near enough my thoughts exactly. They'll play their skins off to try and stop us from winning the title at WHL. That's why I expect a draw.

And I wonder if Henry will be told to stay around Doherty when we attack? icon_biggrin.gif

and the reason I did that was because you got into that "you've misunderstood my post therefore your whole argument is wrong" phase of the discussion that you often do.

I never once referred to big or sucessful clubs being the only ones having Nouveau fans, in the context of the debate I think making that clear was most important.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never think the person I'm discussing with is 'wrong'. But whatever...

I just noticed that not one Spurs fan has moaned at me calling them Tottingham hotsperz. This place is no fun anymore.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe icon_wink.gif

Perhaps the Sperz fans consider Tottingham hotsperz to be fairly decent compared to what it might have been? icon_confused.gif

Hey Wicom/Retro/Sammy

Theres a thread by a man u fan moaning about Scholes getting a 3 game ban, lets get in there and feel the love again icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I just noticed that not one Spurs fan has moaned at me calling them Tottingham hotsperz. This place is no fun anymore.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe icon_wink.gif

Perhaps the Sperz fans consider Tottingham hotsperz to be fairly decent compared to what it might have been? icon_confused.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Na We just stopped paying attention to the Arsenal twit click

Agree with missuk on this occasion icon_frown.gif

Wishing injuries on players isnt very nice, even if they are Spurs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. As I said in the Villa v Toon thread, I think those who cheered when Bellamy pulled up injured yesterday are the **** of the earth.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Newcastle fans did the same thing when Pires pulled up with his cruciate ligament injury. It happens, its s**t, but what are you gonna do. You must have seen the pictures of many 'rabid' toon fans all with two fingers up, frothing at the mouth when Henry missed that chance at St. James' the other week. There's t**ts at all clubs, and Newcastle are no exception.

Maybe icon_wink.gif

Perhaps the Sperz fans consider Tottingham hotsperz to be fairly decent compared to what it might have been? icon_confused.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're just far too depressed to get into the banter. You're going to beat us, much like anybody else who plays us at the mo. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spotg:

Maybe icon_wink.gif

We're just far too depressed to get into the banter. You're going to beat us, much like anybody else who plays us at the mo. icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I did the equivalent thread for the home game, someone actually asked that the 'Sperz' in the title be changed by a mod becuase it was offensive icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spotg:

We're just far too depressed to get into the banter. You're going to beat us, much like anybody else who plays us at the mo. icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but if you did beat us, your fans will all be on 606 shouting about getting into the champions league next season etc.

Do spurs fans know the meaning of middle-ground? You're either depressed or on cloud nine - never 'moderate' icon_biggrin.gif

*ps this is all tongue-in-cheek*

Yeah, but if you did beat us, your fans will all be on 606 shouting about getting into the champions league next season etc.

Do spurs fans know the meaning of middle-ground? You're either depressed or on cloud nine - never 'moderate' icon_biggrin.gif

*ps this is all tongue-in-cheek*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're asking if the supporters of a team that finish in tenth every season know the meaning of middle ground?

Guess yous Arse fans have forgotten the feeling of a season ending in January though - we have to start playing the "If we sign van Bommel and Diego and Robinson and Reid and Lizerazu then we'll be in the Champions League next season" game just to keep ourselves going.

God knows the actual football isn't entertaining..

When I did the equivalent thread for the home game, someone actually asked that the 'Sperz' in the title be changed by a mod becuase it was offensive icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

When I did the equivalent thread for the home game, someone actually asked that the 'Sperz' in the title be changed by a mod becuase it was offensive icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember that icon_biggrin.gif

I can see a draw here tbh, merely because I think Tottenham will do everything they can to stop Arsenal winning and that may even mean curbing their usual attacking football to do so.

If nothing else I hope that little knobhead Tarricco gets run ragged by Pires or whoever he's up against on sunday, God I hate him.

Speaking of players I have a dislike, Craig Bellamy is a player a lot of football fans have problems with, and he doesn't exactly do himself any favours with the way he behaves on or off the pitch. But especially given the torrid time he had with injury last summer, and having only recently returned to full-fitness, to rejoice in the fact that he got hurt again is a particularly obnoxious, and to an extent heartless thing to do.

Tarrico is the biggest c*nt in the premiership by quite some distance.

Unfortunately, he plays on the opposite side to Pires, so they are unlikely to come up against each other. It'll be Wiltord probably.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ratinho:

Be lucky to get within ten yards of him.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that wont stop pires and the rest of your cheatin lot from divin!

Tarrico is the biggest c*nt in the premiership by quite some distance.

Unfortunately, he plays on the opposite side to Pires, so they are unlikely to come up against each other. It'll be Wiltord probably.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

stevie carr out suspended and it maybe to big a game to start steven kelly so its possible we'll hav to play treacle at right back!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ryan Hollands:

Old Sylvain Wiltord, how's he looked since he came back?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He did okay on Friday. He's always been industrious, but sadly has always lacked a brain. I can't fault him for effort.

It is entertaining when he is standing in an offside position on the wing (so he can actually look along the line) and has the entire area of the East and West stands baying at him to get onside... and consequently gets called offside 3 seconds later!! icon_biggrin.gif

Incidentally, I have to admit again... that Lauren played well on Friday. Is nothing sacred anymore? icon_biggrin.gif

Archived