Scotland (Third Div and above)*

Spain (Liga Adelante and above)

Italy (Serie B and above)

Germany (Second Div and above)*

Holland (Jupiler League and above)*

France (Ligue 2 and above)*

* = View only

Previous experience : Automatic

I also edit the league and competition names to match real life. (League Cup - Carling Cup etc).

I know Raware IRL and after reading his Long Eaton United save i got inspired to start my own, as Borrowash Victoria. Unfortunately im already a season in so i will give a brief 09/10 Season review and then you will catch up with me in October 2010. If you have any further questions then please 'fire' away.

This will be updated as much as possible.

BorrowashVictoria.png

Borrowash Victoria FC

Borrowash Victoria are a semi-proffesional club and currently play their football at the Robinson Construction Bowl, Spondon. They have basic training facilities and a very basic youth set-up.

The club are affectionately known as the Vics.

Having enjoyed success as recently as 2009, the Vics are a club with a growing history. Borrowash won the East Mids League Cup in 2009 and won the English 10th Tier for the only time in 2001.

8325225home.png8325225away.png

BorrowashVictoria.png

Borrowash Victoria FC

2009/10 - Season Preview - 31 July 2009

Expectations

East Midlands Counties League: Safe Mid Table finish (board) 5th (media)

FA Vase: 2nd Qual. Round

Derbys. County FA Senior Challenge Cup: 2nd Round

East Midlands Counties League Cup: Quater Finals

Budgets

Transfer: £0

Wage: £350 p/w

On arrival at the club i was excited, couldn't wait to get going. I met my staff, all 4 of them. :rolleyes: Theres myself, my assistant, a coach, a physio and 1 scout.

What caught my eye was the fact we were spending £434 p/w which, for a small club, was massively over budget.

My chairmen was looking to sell the club so i didnt even know how long i'd be in a job.

My first few tasks saw me start looking for talent to bring in but also to trim the unwanted players in order to get my funds under control. I decided to get rid of all my reserve players and keep to a squad of about 17 players and the U18's.

BorrowashVictoria.png

Borrowash Victoria FC

2009/10 - End of Season Update - 1 July 2010

League Performance: We got off to a great start and i was please but with time it became apparant we were lacking firepower. After bringing that it we really started to kick on. Out of the 19 games playedat home we drew 2 and lost 0, 'the bowl' had really become a fortress for us. Our away form was, ok. Played 19, won 10, drew 6 and lost 3. By the mid-march we had secured a play-off position but the league championship was wrapped up by the end of March, we ended up being 22 points clear. I was made up.

FA Vase: Our best cup run. We made it all the way to the 4th round, only to be knocked out by a Level 9 team. However, every round up until the 4th we had a replay. I was pleased with this cup run as there was a financial reward after every round.

Derbys. County FA Senior Challenge Cup: I had high hope for this competition. We entered in the 1st round but were out by the 2nd! We lost on penalties to Pinxton. I was very disappointed, i saw this cup as a great opportunity to to bring home some silverware.

East Mids. Counties League Cup: Again, a competition we had a chance of goig for. Again, major disappointment as Ellistown sent us packing in the 3rd Round, 3-1. This was early into the season and was my 1st defeat in charge, it wasn't a nice feeling at all. :mad:

Finances: On arrival i had around 8K in the bank, i trimmed the wage budget so i was 20 p/w under but it wasnt enough to stop us slipping into the red. My main killer was 'match day expenses'. A new chairmen took over and immediately took a £50,000 loan out. We pay this back £230 p/m at a time. It isnt enough to keep us out the red though!

Transfers: My first task saw me clearing out every reserve player i had (they had no fixtures) and then looking to bring in loan players. I managed to get 2 quality strikers in, Darnet (Forest) and Coulson (Barnsley), on loan for a season and they bagged 60 goals between them. At the back Diagne (Forest) came in to the defence and proved to be a rock. I managed to bag a Keeper, Fred Toomer, on a free and he was immense.

Squad: My key players have returned to their parent clubs. I have also released a further 10 players, mainly as they wouldn't sign new contracts. Im not fussed about this as it will all go into my wage budget as i start to prepare for the new season. The players that remain, im confident will go on to play and be successful with me at Level 9.

Other: I was taken over in about February. The new Chairmen offered no investment but immediately took out a £50,000 loan. My ground holds 5,000 but im averaging 100 :D. Kings Lynn Reserves won the league im going into but didnt get promoted? Is this due to being a reserve side or a ground issue?

Career Summary (to date)

[b]Season         League                             Position           Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10        East Midlands Counties League      1st                League Champions

Great work mate and well done on the league title :thup:! Great to see your save up and running here on the forum! Nice write up, concise and to the point. Spaced nicely, clean and easy to follow and read. Nothing worse than a messy thread, I just can't be arsed to make the effort to read it if somone can't be arsed to put the effort into the write ups.

See, I told you Darnet would come into his own! ;)

Good luck for the second season :thup:.

BorrowashVictoria.png

Borrowash Victoria FC

2010/11 - Season Preview - 31 July 2010

Expectations

Eastern Counties Premier League (Level 9): Safe Mid Table finish (board) 10th (media)

FA Cup: 3rd Qual. Round

FA Vase: 2nd Round

Derbys. County FA Senior Challenge Cup: 2nd Round

Eastern Counties League Cup: Quater Final

Budgets

Transfers: £0

Wage: £1,237 p/w

Pre-season: After losing so many players on a free i have quite alot of scope with the wage budget to bring players in. Most of my loan signings from last season are now free on Free Transfers but none will come back. Getting in quality is now job number 1 if we are to succeed. Im going for promotion.

We will compete in the FA Cup for the first time. A good FA Cup & Vase run is key for the financial rewards. Im not too fussed about winning a cup TBH, the league is priority.

Finances remain poor, around £18,000 in the red :mad:Im now happy with the squad though, only bought in 1 player on loan, S-Latef, AMLC (Sheff Utd). Ive bought in 11 players on a free to bulk out my squad and continue to play with no reserves. Worse case scenario with injuries and a U18 will step up.

My key signings should be the loanee as well as Liam Hook, MC (Stamford) and Glen Wallis, FC (Belper). I intend on sticking to my faithful formation of 4-3-1-2 but for the harder games will look to drop the CAM to CDM. The lads have returned from holiday and look fit and ready to crack on...so, watch this space!

BorrowashVictoria.png

Borrowash Victoria FC

2010/11 - Halfway Point Review - 31 Dec 2010

League Performance: Well, halfway through and we are sitting (not so pretty) at the top of the league. Form has been sketchy of late and we really need to focus if we are to remain up here. Too many 0-0 draws and silly equalisers have seen us drop too many points. Home form remains our main weapon, we've only lost once at the Bowl. With only 1st place winning automatic promotion we really need to keep momentum in the 2nd half of the season. With a few teams breathing down our neck, this could be the inspiration we need.

1. Borrowash PL 25 Pts 49

2. Long Buckby PL 24 Pts 46

3. Kirkly & Packfield PL 25 Pts 41

4. Walsham-le-Willows PL 25 Pts 40

5. Kings Lynn Resv. PL 24 Pts 37

FA Cup: Started off well with a 2-1 win in the 2nd Qual. Round but we were out by the 3rd! We lost 2-1 to Curzon Ashton, its easy to say now but we should have never have lost this game. I was gutted.

FA Vase: Got off to a flyer, winning our first game 5-0. We were then drew away to Old Woodstock and they beat us 1-0 to send us packing in only the 1st Round.

Derbys. County FA Senior Challenge Cup: A cup i felt we could win. However, we were knocked out in the 1st Round. Drawn away to Graham St Prims they beat us on penalties after a closely fought 1-1 draw.

East Mids. Counties League Cup: 1st Round we were given a home tie against the current division champions, Kings Lynn Resv. This was never going to be an easy game for us and we went on to lose it 1-0. We missed some clear cut chances an this clearly cost us.

Finances: We are currently £37,226 in the red. Match day expenses continue to eat away an put us further into debt - i cant see a way out. We are losing around £4K a month. Wages are £270 p/w UNDER but his has little to no effect.

Transfers: I started the season happy with my transfers but it soon became apparent i was missing that solid 'spine' to the team. A week into September i had the chance to sign Ben Pringle, MC (Derby) on loan so i snapped him up. The defensive needed tightening up as my summer signings failed to settle so Carl Jones, DC (Stokesley) joined us in October. A week ago i signed what is Borrowash's biggest coup to date. Striker, James Collins has arrived on loan from Aston Villa. James is currently valued at 325K (double my club value!!). Last years loan signings remain Free Transfers but cant be tempted back. I'll keep trying though!

Squad: Started of rather happy with the look of the squad. Pringle came in off the back of an 8 week lay-off and took a while to get back to full fitness. S-Latef has been dominant in midfield and pitched in with 11 goals form a CAM role. 3-4 players have stayed in the team from last season but i reserve special praise for Keeper Fred Toomer. He made the step un to Level 9 with minimal fuss and has proved his worth to the team on many occasion so far. New Striker Glen Wallis got of to a flyer with 3 in 3 but then was injured for 8 weeks and we have yet to see him back at his best.

Other: N/A

Well, a disastrous run in all 4 cup competitions is not what i was aiming for. We have clearly missed the financial rewards from each round of the FA Cup/Vase. Still, it gives us plenty of time to now concentrate on the league.

With a fully fit Wallis and the arrival of Collins im hoping to rip the league up now - we certainly posses the quality now. A fully fit Pringle will run the midfield and allow S'Latef to be creative.

Im hoping to get a few wins under our belt, for 2 reasons. 1) to start to pull away at the top and 2) to boost the attendances.

I keep pestering the board for a Parent Club but to no avail. I wont give up just yet though.

So, the aim is now 1st place. Nothing else to play for - its that simple.

Watch this space.

Great work so far skinty :thup:. Looking good in the league although not so good in the cups :p. Some great signings again in Pringle and Collins who should bang the goals in, also great to see S-Latef contributing from midfield :thup:.

Hope you can maintain your form to go on and claim another league title. That would be some good birthday present! ;)

Great work skinty, I like following people's stories when they play as level 10 teams and try and make their way up.

Thanks mate. Its nice to see someone else following me.

I'll be updating again soon so watch this space!

Thanks for the comments. :D

BorrowashVictoria.png

Borrowash Victoria FC

2010/11 - End of Season Update - 1 May 2011

League Performance: LEAGUE CHAMPIONS! We have managed to surprise everyone and clinch the league title. We secured a play off spot on March 26th but the championship was ours by the 6th of April. Im pleased with the fact we have only lost 4 games all season. We were, by some distance, the divisions top scorers but didnt have the best Goals Against record. My main disappointment is drawing 11 games, alot of those were 0-0 too. Need to work on killing off the opposition. To have won the league by so many points was something of a shock and im immensely proud.

1. Borrowash PL 42 Pts 92

2. Long Buckby PL 42 Pts 80

3. Boston Town PL 42 Pts 70

4. Kirkley & Pakefield PL 42 Pts 68

5. Walsham-le-Willows PL 42 Pts 65

FA Cup: Started off well with a 2-1 win in the 2nd Qual. Round but we were out by the 3rd! We lost 2-1 to Curzon Ashton, its easy to say now but we should have never have lost this game. I was gutted.

FA Vase: Got off to a flyer, winning our first game 5-0. We were then drew away to Old Woodstock and they beat us 1-0 to send us packing in only the 1st Round.

Derbys. County FA Senior Challenge Cup: A cup i felt we could win. However, we were knocked out in the 1st Round. Drawn away to Graham St Prims they beat us on penalties after a closely fought 1-1 draw.

East Mids. Counties League Cup: 1st Round we were given a home tie against the current division champions, Kings Lynn Resv. This was never going to be an easy game for us and we went on to lose it 1-0. We missed some clear cut chances an this clearly cost us.

Finances: We are now a massive £66,442 in the red aswell as a loan of £50,000. The £1,700 for winning the league didnt even dent this! Hopefully the success brings more fans and with them, more money.

Transfers: No new players arrived since the Mid Season review. Mike Pollit, GK (WBA) came onto my radar but WBA wouldnt allow him to come on loan. I expect to now release alot of players, as we did last season, to allow us to build a squad ready for Level 8 football.

Squad: Once everyone had settled and was fully fit we look unbeatable. Credit to all my loan signings; each and everyone contributed. Specially praise to Sheff Utds S-Latef, he contributed 21 goals and 8 assists from midfield. I'd like to make some of the loans permanent but we will have to see. S-Latef was my top scorer as my strikers never really got going. I'll be looking for Toomer, Lancaster and Grainey to progress with me further.

Other: During March we never played a game all the way up until the 19th. Water logged pitches saw a few games getting called off. Im also considering parting company with all my backroom staff and bringing in more quality, experienced staff as we progress. Still, i ask for a Parent Club but to no avail.

A terrific season for us - a 2nd successive promotion and we now look forward to building again ready for Level 8. My permanent playing staff and the loanees were brilliant form start to finish. We must now look to draw less games, especially 0-0. The cup runs were a major disappointment which hasnt helped our financial situation at all. Im hoping we can turn the amount of debt around. The lads will now go on holiday while i have a good hard look at the squad and see where we go form here. I look forward to the challenge that Level 8 will bring.

Career Summary (to date)

[b]Season         League                                       Position           Achievements[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10        East Midlands Counties League                1st                League Champions
2010/11        Eastern Counties League Premier Division     1st                League Champions

Congratulations on winning the league!:thup:

I expect your'e either in the Southern League Division One Midlands or Isthmian League Division One North.

Also the league below the Eastern Counties League Premier Division is the Eastern Counties League Division One and not the East Midlands Counties League (superbladesman might have got the name wrong). And Borrowash Victoria don't seem to be in the league either:

http://www.ridgeonsleague.co.uk/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Counties_Football_League are my sources.

Anyway, enough with being negative and carry on the good work!:D

Great work skinty and congrats on a second successive title :thup:. A great contribution from S-Latef, is he still contracted with Sheff Utd next year? If so, perhaps you'll be able to get him in once more. I read you'll be releasing a lot of your squad during the summer; are they just not good enough or have you already got your sights on certain players you want?

Finances aren't looking too good either; those cup exits wouldn't have helped! ;) There's just no money at this level so the only way you're gonna make a profit is by going far in the cups (as i'm sure you know). I just hope it doesn't come to any points deductions in the future!

Good luck in Level 8, there's not much difference from Level 9 so play offs/title challenge may be a possibility.

@ Raware. With regard to the releases, its a mixture, some (dunno why) wont sign new deals, some are fringe players so i move them on and some just dont cut it on last years performances. The FA Cup/Vase will have to be more of a priority this season - i know that. Financially, its a disaster TBH but ive done everything i can think of to help. S-Latef is a free agent, along with Darnet, and im working on him. Pringle look set to come on a free but B'mouth hijacked the move

@ Le Tiss. Thank you for the words of encouragement. As above, cup runs are a priority this year.

Watch this space fellas - Season Preview is inbound! :D

BorrowashVictoria.png

Borrowash Victoria FC

2011/12 - Season Preview - 31 July 2011

Expectations

Northen Premier League First Div. S (Level 8): Safe Mid Table finish (board) 14th (media)

FA Cup: 3rd Qual. Round

Nothern League Challenge Cup: 1st Round

Derbys. County FA Senior Challenge Cup: Quater Final

Northen League Presidents Cup: 3rd Round

Budgets

Transfers: £0

Wage: £ 2348 p/w

Pre-season: After a few transfers both in and out the squad looks to be in good shape. There has been no-one arrive on loan - yet. We have bought in defenders mainly as we look to strengthen that area. A good start from striker Wallis will be key if we are to sustain a good league position. Again, only top spot is auto promotion but the next 4 teams get a play off spot. No entry in the FA Vase this year so im hoping theres financial reward for the 2 new competitions we have entered.

We will be looking for cup runs this season and i wont lie - im after that 3rd promotion. Im hoping for a few 'big name' loan signings though, just for that extra quality. Theres also the chance i could get a Parent Club this season, i'll keep pestering.

Im really looking for an improvement in attendances too, i need something to help with the poor financial state.

Looking at adopting the 4-1-3-2 formation this year, just for a change really - see how we get on with it. Key signings should be Champion DC/DM (Alfreton) and Hooper DRL (Salford). I think, as ever, i need to secure a quality partner for Wallis

Anyone actually following this? Apart from you Raware!

I'm following it, and sorry if you know this but, the way to look how many people are following it is the amount of views, anyway (too much negativeness grrrrr!) keep up the good work and good luck.

Also can you show the squad and some of your best players' profiles and now my question when your'e reputation increases to about regional are you looking for an international job because I've never seen someone do a career updates with a weak national side and I think Andorra, San Marino and/or Liechtenstein would be good international jobs for a lower league manager and it's definitely a challenge, especially Andorra. I managing Andorra in one of my saves and it tests your ability to the max. you have to get use to losing every game at least 3-0, they've even got some decent players in Koldo, Ildefons Lima and Marc Bernaus and some how I managed to get some top quality coaching staff at the beggining of the game. I managed to get 1 of Valencia's coaching staff in and I could even reject the likes Patrick Kluivert and Nuno Valente a job because better people want to join. I thought that was so weird but then I realised it wasn't Andorra's reputation it was that it was close to Spain, Portugal and Holland. I managed to get Michael Arajuo and Joao Ribeiro at Cape Verde once just because they wre also from Africa.The only problem with Andorra is that some of your best players are at about 35, 1 or 2 even at 40.

But that's for you to decide, so good luck.:thup:

Archived