Conceding away from home

I've just started a game as Newcastle and to my surprise my away record is atrocious. I've lost 3 out of 5 away games although I've outplayed the opposition while I win my home games. My main problem is conceding from set pieces. Almost all the goals have come either from a set piece directly or with 2 or 3 passes of a free kick in midfield.

7 goals have been conceded directly from a set piece( 5 of them corners) Steven Taylor and Colochini have been beaten twice both out jumped which is a surprise. I have my defensive corners set to man marking and only 2 players forward. How do I prevent them from being beaten like this? They're the two best CBs in the league yet continue to concede in this fashion.

I've also conceded a penalty from a corner and a goal from a Krul error

Despite these errors they continue to get good ratings so I can't critisize them. Obviously this can't go on for much longer or the team will drop out of contention for the title.

As for the corners, what settings are you using ?. A user recommended me to put on DC on near post and the other on far and let one Fc, the more pacey one, stay forward. The rest of the players should just stay back. Using this setting have stopped me from conceding from direct header and scramble in the box and way now are compact in the box

Still conceding goals away, still getting ludicrous ratings for player. Coloccini has given away 4 goals and missed numerous headers relying on opposition forwards to miss sitters yet still gets 7+ ratings and the fans appreciation for his "great form".

Now the officials have decide to get in an the act. Two legit goals disallowed and one erroneous penalty awarded against me. Oh and a 90th minute own goal to throw away a win against our nearest rivals Middlesbrough. All this in 4 games.

Seems the game is artificially undermining the team. Nothing I can do about the errors because according to the game they're performing brilliantly and nothing I can do about the officials. Results in a rather lame gaming experience.

Archived