FM 2008 : Tottenham Hotspur - Home of The Spurs

Azeryk-

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berby,

The lame excuse is that your tactics create too many chances.

Season 7 save Berbs is just over the hill and Huntelaar is just taking over and Bent is scoring a goal a game.

Originally posted by knap:

Berby,

Season 7 save Berbs is just over the hill and Huntelaar is just taking over and Bent is scoring a goal a game.

what r you on about idiot?

I was explaining a problem I was having with my team missing all there chances and not being clinical enough infront of goal but I've sold Berby for a sorry 12.5 mil that was the best I could get for him which makes no sense at all he should of pulled at the very least 20mil and bought Fred and Aguero they've both linked up well scoring for fun and playing class. I also sold VDV who was terrible for me in his first season. my transfers in for the start of season 2 were

Aguero 33mil

Fred 34.2mil

Richards 20mil

Jankulovski 1mil

Itandje 1.2mil

Cattermole 3mil

Flamini 3.2mil

now I'm 15 mil in debt but playing class

Originally posted by <smurf>:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Berby-Goal:

Just finished my first season and ended up 4th icon_mad.gif mainly because out of nowhere my team just forgot how to finish Berby, Bent, Fernandez, VDV, Modric, and Boateng just started missing every chance they got I'm at a lose for ideas on how it happened. I won the Uefa Cup beating AZ on penos in the final, Everton knocked me out of the Carling in the semi and the goons knocked me out of the FA in the 5th round.

I've got a couple of tactics I've been using mainly 433 and almost everygame I dominate possesion and have 20-30 shots. For some weird reason my players have forgot how to finish It's gotten so bad they miss 9 out of 10 one on ones with the keeper. A quick example is Bent was set free from inside our half dead center and beat the off side trap he's all alone moving in on goal then he hits the ball straight at the keeper 3 fecking times in a row and on the 4th rebound he blazes it well wide I mean wtf is going on. Stuff like that happens everygame all game long I'm beginning to think the match engine is broke. I changed my training routine too putting the shooting section on intense and still no change in their pitiful finishing. I'm sick to death of opposing keepers getting MOTM everygame I play.

Is anyone else having similar problems or is it just me? icon_confused.gif

Oh yeah and to top off my season of crap the goons finished 8th but won the CL so in turn I got knocked back down into the UEFA again icon_mad.gif

that does sound strange and stressing too

what tactic do you play? what line up?

i tend to notice that if things arent happening for me then i need to move things around and make subs come on and so on in order to shake the team up but tbh doesnt sound like the same thing

berbs was cr*p for me but bent isnt and that is strange... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was playing a 4321 lining up like this in season 1

GK Robbo/Cerny

RB Chimbo/Lee

LB Bale/Ekotto

CB King/Dawson

CB Ignashevic/Samba

CM Maldonado/Kaboul

CM VDV/Boateng

CM Makoun/Tainio

AM Modric/Farfan

AM Fernandez/Assulin

ST Berby/Bent

I bought the players from my post above and sold these ones at start of season 2

Ekotto- Reading 2.6mil

VDV- Betis 12.25mil

Taarabt- Nancy 5mil

Dawson- Pompey 6.5mil

Ifil- Leicester 1.4mil

Dervite- West Brom 6.5mil

Chimbo- Man City 5mil

O'Hara- Preston 2.5mil

Berbatov icon_frown.gif- Fiorentina 12.5mil

that's 55mil in and the players I bought cost me 95mil combined plus the stadiums getting expanded by 7733 seats so right now I'm in debt a little more than 15mil and it's only 20th Sept 08 icon_eek.gif. My squad is very strong though so I need long cup runs and CL footy or I'm in the shat big time. Here's my current squad.

GK- Robbo, Itandje, Button

DF- King, Richards, Ignashevic, Samba, Bale, Kaboul, Jankulovski, LYP

MF- Fernandez, Modric, Farfan, Assulin, Boateng, Maldonado, Makoun, Cattermole, Flamini

ST- Aguero, Fred, Bent, Dixon

I've also retrained Fernandez, Farfan and Assulin to beable to play striker too when needed and I've still got Gardner, Rocha, Stalteri, Tainio, and Routledge in the ressies I've tried to sell them all but nobody wants them icon13.gif.

Oh yeah smurf I've also been trying your 2 tactics and your secondary one with Aguero and Fred up top and Fernandez ACM has been working really well. I beat the gooners 2-1 in the Euro Super Cup icon_biggrin.gif and then Everton at goodison 4-2 after being 4-0 up at half time and in my last game I beat Watford 4-0 at WHL so it's working well for me thanx.

Originally posted by knap:

Berby,

my bad knap for calling you an idiot I was half cut and thought you were being a smart arse icon_razz.gif I'm sober now icon_biggrin.gif

Berby-Goal

u'll d well with that squad i am sure - good to hear the tac is working well, but all credit to fiora2

if u play the 2 amc's, try aguero and fernandez there and fred or bent up front, i have a feeling u'll do well

hang on to king, richards and bale whatever the cost imo

Berby-Goal

u'll d well with that squad i am sure - good to hear the tac is working well, but all credit to fiora2

if u play the 2 amc's, try aguero and fernandez there and fred or bent up front, i have a feeling u'll do well

hang on to king, richards and bale whatever the cost imo

I tried the 2 ACM as well but the goals were more free flowing with the 2 forwards and one ACM. In the Euro Super Cup against the gooners I started the game with the 2 ACM and in about the 60th minute it was 1-1 then I switched it to the 2 forwards and scored 5 minutes latter and continued to batter them until the final whistle.

My finances are terrible though so I better get CL football this season or I could pull a Leeds and go bankrupt. The stadium will be expanded in another month or 2 so that will be about 11000 more seats at home games as it's been reduced by 3500 while they add the other 7733 seats in hopefully that will get me a positive income from month to month. I'm about to go play afew more months so I'll post again after the January transfer period. icon_cool.gif

smurf man the 2 forwards one is dynamite I just smashed arsnil 4-0 at emircrap stadium with Aguero scoring a first half hat-trick and Fred closing the scoring in the 80th minute. Fernandez also picked up 3 assists in the demolition derby.

So far this season it's 6th October 08

Aguero 10apps 9gls 2ass 3mom 7.70avr

Fred 9apps 7gls 8ass 2mom 7.78avr

Fernandez 12apps 7gls 8ass 2mom 7.67avr

Jankulovski has been class to playing infront of Bale on the LW and he only cost me 1mil so he's probably going to get the bargin of the season award. I'm 9 games in to the season and in 2nd place 4 points off chelski with a game in hand. I've scored the most goals in the league(24) and only conceded 9. My next game is my next game is Fulham away then after a 10 day break the big one chelski at home hopefully I'll smash them and take top spot. icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

TOP OV DA LEAGUE MON!!!! icon_cool.gificon_wink.gif

Fulham 2 - Spurs 3

-----------Aguero (3)

I was losing 2-0 at halftime then I laid into all them and then changed to the 2 ACM formation and Aguero went out and scored a second half hat-trick icon_biggrin.gif after the game full credit to me for my halftime team talk icon14.gif

icon_eek.gifSpurs 6 - chelski 0 icon_eek.gif

------Aguero

------Jankulovski (2)

------Fred

------Farfan

------Bent

I kept the 2 ACM formation for this game and blew cheatski away Aguero scored in the first minute and it was all down hill for the ruskies 3-0 at halftime and 3 more in the second half. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Now I'm 11 games in and 2 points clear of the scum 2 icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Berby-Goal:

TOP OV DA LEAGUE MON!!!! icon_cool.gificon_wink.gif

Fulham 2 - Spurs 3

-----------Aguero (3)

I was losing 2-0 at halftime then I laid into all them and then changed to the 2 ACM formation and Aguero went out and scored a second half hat-trick icon_biggrin.gif after the game full credit to me for my halftime team talk icon14.gif

icon_eek.gifSpurs 6 - chelski 0 icon_eek.gif

------Aguero

------Jankulovski (2)

------Fred

------Farfan

------Bent

I kept the 2 ACM formation for this game and blew cheatski away Aguero scored in the first minute and it was all down hill for the ruskies 3-0 at halftime and 3 more in the second half. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Now I'm 11 games in and 2 points clear of the scum 2 icon_razz.gif

icon_smile.gif good to hear ur doing so well

i think the secret is the changing between these to tactics against the different opponets u face

with the players u have, cant see u going very much wrong

i'm still 10 pts clear of ars*nal but have slowed pace down a bit having been beat by pompey to loose my winning game streak

also lost league cup final 6-4 to liverpool but mostly cas i had to field a second choice defence due to injury

lost onouha for a couple of months and strangely have been getting many red cards lately...

hope i can hang on fot the title, 7 games to go

vasilli07:

tbh my main concern was if 1 MC/DMC could hold up the midfield

the formation is narrow but i've been holding my ground quite well - my avg conceded goals is 1.1 but this is also due to injuries (onouha & king) and with dawson being sent off recently which had me fielding in 2nd squad players

spursoverview.jpg

After having Capel on loan 1st season he was excellent but after buying him for the 2nd, he's useless.

I've now accepted a 10m bid for him.

Any suggestions of a LM replacement for 10m?

I've got Sergio Mota, Augusto Renato, Matias Fernandez, Jeremy Mendes & Santi Corzola.

Its the end of the second season and Everton and Man City want Huddlestone. Should I sell him, he hasnt don it for me and doesnt look to be getting any better but my coaches keep telling me that hes a good player.

What will I do???

Originally posted by paulinho:

Any suggestions of a LM replacement for 10m?

i've used lennon on the left with malbranque on the right and they have done very well but if i remember well u sold lennon to gooners so i guess thats no use icon_razz.gif

i've played VDV there as well and he's doing good, picked up 26 assists so far this season (but often playing him as AMC too)

i read somewhere that jankulovski was good too as well as bale (retrained thou)

LM Bresciano although perhaps a little old available £8m at start of game. Farfan is also LM rather than FS.

BTW Alan Hutton looks like he could be something special at RB.

Jankulovski is quality of the LW wing and he's versitile he's abit old but he's naturally fit so can last afew seasons. I got him of Milan for 1 mil.

just singed him mid 2nd season on a free - got exactly cas he's versatil

Originally posted by Noodles:

Its the end of the second season and Everton and Man City want Huddlestone. Should I sell him, he hasnt don it for me and doesnt look to be getting any better but my coaches keep telling me that hes a good player.

What will I do???

i sold hudds to m'boro in season 1 in january for €20m and they were relegated

going to get him back now for €5m as he's young, english and plays for the national team

another good thing is that he's a home grown player which is needed by UEFA rules

That is a shat load to get for Hudds I only got 2.6mil off Reading at the beginning of the game. I don't like him because he's way to slow. I bought Cattermole how's a midfield general but he's currently bitching because there's to much competition for first team places with Makoun, Maldonado, Flamini, and him all competing for my 1 CM spot. I want Cattermole to be my long term CM because he's touted as the next Scholes and it's not easy to come by midfield generals but if he keeps bitching he's getting sold. I might try to unsettle Michael Johnson and put him their.

Originally posted by welshace:

urrmm if u have all those... why not use them?

matigol is great on the left... mendez is amazing too... as is corzola !! and mota!!

Matias is much better centrally for me although I do play him on the left sometimes.

Jeremy Menez is a fairly new signing & he hasn't really sparkled yet, plus I dont like the fact he's one of those players who doesn't seem confident for games.

I play Corzola on the right usually.

Sergio Mota is not doing it at all, I'll keep him as my coaches think he's fantastic potential but he's only managad one goal & no assists in 1 & half seasons, & I've given him a fair run of games.

Originally posted by welshace:

cannot recommend leonardo from ajax enough for the first season...

was really worried about the left side problem but got him in for 1mil and he's running the league ragged with assists all over the place... great great player

I've had my scouts take a look at him, looks good, might make a bid. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by welshace:

cannot recommend leonardo from ajax enough for the first season...

was really worried about the left side problem but got him in for 1mil and he's running the league ragged with assists all over the place... great great player

I've had my scouts take a look at him, looks good, might make a bid. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wont come, the balding bastard!

It's now 1st February 09 and the top ov da league is tighter than a ducks arse at the minute here goes the table

1st Spurs P-25 Pts.51 icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

2nd Chels P-25 Pts.50

3rd Liver P-25 Pts.49

4th Manur P-25 Pts.47

5th Goons P-25 Pts.46

6th Spamm P-25 Pts.44

7th Newca P-25 Pts.43

Then there's a 6 point gap to the rest of the losers.

I didn't do much during the January transfer window because of my crappy financial position. I got up to 18.1 mil in the red but I've reduced it to 12.4 at present. I ended up selling Cattermole to Derby for 3.2mil +20% SOC and Tainio who's contract runs out at the end of the season got shipped out to Preston for 600k. The stadium expansion is also complete up to 44k so I'm actually making a small profit from month to month now. icon14.gif

Bale was the center of much transfer speculation with Barca, Madrid, Inter, Milan, Sevilla and Chelshit all fighting over his signature but all they were offering was 12.5 mil. I basically told all of them 30mil plus a 50% SOC or you can feck off and I got him to sign a 5year deal at 25k per week. That didn't stop them all trying to unsettle him and poach him away but he stayed loyal and I wasn't going to sell him anyway.

I beat Man U 5-0 in the quarters of the league cup at WHL then later on in the EPL we played out a very tight 3-3 draw at OT. I went on to beat the barcodes 4-1 on agregate in the semi of the league cup now I've got Villa in the final and we should hopefully wrap that trophy up in 3 weeks. I also got a easy draw in the Uefa 1st KO rd Murcia.

I've had afew dodgy results though and it's been very tight at the top of the table with 1st place being rotated constantly I just need CL footy next season but winning the league would be a great bonus. The worst or most annoying result so far was when I lost 2-1 to manshity I was winning 1-0 all game then Bojinov scored 2 90th minute goals wtf I was well ****ed after that, I also lost 1-0 to the barcodes at home in the EPL and drew Birmingham 0-0 at home also drew Reading 2-2 away and drew villa 1-1 at home as well as losing 2-1 to pool at home. All them results had me icon_mad.gif but I've managed to claw me way back to the top for now hopefully I can get a good win streak going to put some space between me and chelshit.

All right I'm off to win the cup I'll post again at the end of this season and let you know if I did the double or the treble icon_cool.gif

Which RB would be better Diogo or Rafinha? I've narrowed it down to them 2

Originally posted by Noodles:

How did you get so much money for Huddlestone, Everton enquired and I asked for 7 million euro and they withdrew icon_confused.gif

i didnt want to sell him (for the reasons i said above) and being valued at €5m i set a €20m pricetag to scare off any bids

m'boro came in and levy accepeted

That is a shat load to get for Hudds I only got 2.6mil off Reading at the beginning of the game. I don't like him because he's way to slow. I bought Cattermole how's a midfield general but he's currently bitching because there's to much competition for first team places with Makoun, Maldonado, Flamini, and him all competing for my 1 CM spot. I want Cattermole to be my long term CM because he's touted as the next Scholes and it's not easy to come by midfield generals but if he keeps bitching he's getting sold. I might try to unsettle Michael Johnson and put him their.

4 cm is way too much imo with this tactic - i have muamba and ernst changing between each other

have a feeling that o'hara could also be useful there if needed, i'm selling zokora as kaboul can cover the spot well

eventually might try play (even retrain) boateng for that spot or play riquelme there when he gets older

thats good news Berby-Goal, keep in the hunt and then break away forward with those between the top teams

between the two i'd go for onouha or o'brien (bolton) icon_biggrin.gif

[dunno cas havnt had either of 'em]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Berby-Goal:

4 cm is way too much imo with this tactic - i have muamba and ernst changing between each other

have a feeling that o'hara could also be useful there if needed, i'm selling zokora as kaboul can cover the spot well

eventually might try play (even retrain) boateng for that spot or play riquelme there when he gets older </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah 4 cms is to many I had Cattermole in the ressies but just sold him because he was a whiny beatch. Makoun has became my main player there with Maldonado coming in sometimes. Flamini gets the odd game too but he's good because he can also play RB or LB.

thats good news Berby-Goal, keep in the hunt and then break away forward with those between the top teams

[dunno cas havnt had either of 'em] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah mate them 2 aren't on the same level as Diogo and Rafinha who have world class ratings

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by <smurf>:

[dunno cas havnt had either of 'em] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah mate them 2 aren't on the same level as Diogo and Rafinha who have world class ratings </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thinking of playing onouha as partner for king in centre defence and taking a look at diogo and rafinha

have u chosen yet? how much are they worth and what will u be paying (€)?

I'm now thinking of buying them both for the right side and having them rotate from RB and RW like I got Bale and Jankulovski doing on the left. I've improved my bank balance to negative 8.2 mil so I should have a positive balance by the end of the season when I get all my winnings and tv money so I can spend it all again icon_biggrin.gif

I really want my defence to look like this

Bale Zapata Richards Diogo

they're all young and some of the best in the game but Zapata has moved to Juve so it might be hard to get him for a reasonable price.

i wanted my back 4 to be...

bale - king - richards - onouha

but richards has gone to ars*nal as has leighton baines icon_frown.gif trying to keep english players as mucha s possible

in my game zapata signed for benfica and has been awesome, maybe i still have a chance of getting him

looking to zapata, garay or richards to settle in with king, lets see if i land the league and get some dosh to bring one of them in

hhow u doing in the league? who's your top performer? any cool screenies?

It's Football Manager research time again for us researchers for the best management sim game out there & as usual I'm looking for help.

So, if you have any comments or facts about any aspects of the Tottenham Hotspur detail in the game I want to hear about it.

I'm especially interested in the views of folk who watch the stiffs & yoof teams as I dont get to watch their games

If you reckon I've got it wrong with any players ratings, spending budget or anything else let me know.

I wont promise to agree with you but I will give everyones comments careful consideration & I like to think I'm flexible enough in my opinions to be moved by a good argument or reasoned thinking.

Just for the record all us researchers do it for love & get no more reward than a free copy of the game & the satisfaction that the details about our clubs are as accurate as possible.

All opinions welcome & you can post on SI's official Tottenham Hotspur data issues thread.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=2101905...532055373#6532055373

Originally posted by Shawzieboy:

<smurf> how did you get all the official emblems of clubs etc never knew you could get them

i've been piecing it together from www.sortitoutsi.net but i found a GREAT pack from the "Graphics & Skinning Hideout"

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/420106/m/5502043173

it has a link to download a file (quite big thou) with all the teams logos on the game - its fantastic and credit must be given to Tempelman for the fantastic work on the The Button Logo Superpack

I wont promise to agree with you but I will give everyones comments careful consideration & I like to think I'm flexible enough in my opinions to be moved by a good argument or reasoned thinking.

Just for the record all us researchers do it for love & get no more reward than a free copy of the game & the satisfaction that the details about our clubs are as accurate as possible.

uv done a fab job and i am sorry i cant lend a hand - was only able to catch a spurs game last year in the UEFA cup when they came to play the team from the city i live in - braga, lol

i'll be following the discussions but all in all, keep up the great work

i wanted my back 4 to be...

bale - king - richards - onouha

but richards has gone to ars*nal as has leighton baines icon_frown.gif trying to keep english players as mucha s possible

in my game zapata signed for benfica and has been awesome, maybe i still have a chance of getting him

looking to zapata, garay or richards to settle in with king, lets see if i land the league and get some dosh to bring one of them in

hhow u doing in the league? who's your top performer? any cool screenies?

I just finished my second season and destroyed everyone I did the treble the top of da league looked like this

Spurs---Pts. 83

Chels---Pts. 75

Arsni---Pts. 74

Manur---Pts. 70

I won the Euro Super Cup 2-1 against Arsnil with Aguero and Fernandez scoring

I won the League Cup 3-2 against Villa with Fernandez scoring 2 and Fred scoring the other.

I won the Uefa Cup for the 2nd season running 4-2 against Fiorentina with Aguero, Fernandez, and Fred(2) scoring. Berby plays for them now and is playing class but I just put King on him and he dissappeared.

I lost to Villa in the 6th round of the FA cup and it was a total fluke for them. I had 18 shots 8 of which were on target and they had 4 shots 2 of which were on target and they both fecking went in 2-1 to them icon_mad.gif but you can't win them all I guess.

My main starting line up was

GK Robbo

RB Samba

LB Bale

CB Richards

CB King

RW Modric

LW Jankulovski

CM Makoun

AM Aguero

AM Fernandez

ST Fred

Itandje Ignashevic Boateng Farfan Bent

My top performers were

Fernandez--53apps--35gls--26ass--12mom--7.74avr

Aguero--56apps--38gls--23ass--9mom--7.63avr

Fred--54apps--34gls--26ass--8mom--7.52avr

Modric--47apps--10gls--16ass--4mom--7.47avr

Bent scored 16 goals to coming off the bench all season and got 6 assists.

Fernandez won the English Footballer of the Year with Aguero coming 2nd.

Modric won the English Players' Player of the Year with Fred coming 2nd.

Manure went bankrupt icon_biggrin.gif so I'm about to try and sign up Ronaldo for the cheap as soon as I get my tv money but top priority is a RB either Diogo or Rafinha.

I just beat Everton 3-1 in the Community Shield with Makoun scoring once and Fred bagging the other 2. I sold Robbo to the gooners for 20mil because I figured that was well worth it Routledge went to Derby on a free and I released Stalteri, Gardner, and Rocha plus abunch of other crap youngsters.

I only signed 3 players

Kalou from chelski on a free

Tim Wiese to replace Robbo from Bayern for 13.25mil and Hoddle is their manager icon_eek.gif

Carlos Diogo I had to pay out the ying yang to get him 19.25 mil but I missed out on Rafinha because he picked Madrid over me so I didn't want that to happen with Diogo and coughed up the money before a bigger team stole him.

I've still got a 31 mil transfer budget but my bank balance is 10 mil less at 21mil. I think I'll stick with my current line up for now and try to save abit of doe. Here's my line up I'd like to here peoples opinions on what its weaknesses are.

----------Wiese

Diogo Richards King Bale

Kalou-----Makoun----Modric

-----Aguero---Fernandez

----------Fred

Itandje Samba Kaboul Flamini Boateng Farfan Bent

Paulinho

Thanks for your hard work.

As a general point the top ability players are Bale King and Chimb - Berbs could do with a tweak upwards probably also Jenas. Mid table is probably fair based on current ability although the top teams maybe overrated.

Dixon has not yet made it out of Reserves after 7 seasons and easier to buy Saviet for free.

Originally posted by Berby-Goal

great news Berby-Goal, good to hear tacs worked out well icon14.gif

i'll finish the season over this weekend and start looking into strengthning my squad

guess i must definitivly look into fernandez, aguero, fred and modric - i need a new att mid left as i feel malbranque should be on his last breaths icon_wink.gif

robbo has been great for me so i guess i'll hang onto him - seems like Juande Ramos has been reading the posts, hope he also goes after VDV, Aguero, Fred, etc, lol

cheers

Originally posted by RedMac:

Hi Guys, I'm currently playing with Liverpool and I am interested in the youg striker Dixon? in the Spurs reserves at the start of the game, does he turn out any good?

Cheers

cheers RedMac

i'm finishing season 2 and tbh i sold dixon to birmingham or something for some good cash

Oh the Hell do you guys manage to get rid of players like Gardner,Stalteri,Ghaley, Routledge???

Im in my 1st season, end of Dec, 2 games away from Jan Transfers.

Portsmouth just come in with an offer of £5.5mill for Malbranque, gonna see if they offer £8mill for him. But i cannot get rid of the others.

Ive offered them to clubs for nothing but no one wants them.

Running v8.0.1, is i easier to get rid of them in season 2? end of season? shall i give them a few games and see if anyteams come in for them?

Originally posted by mattyspurs76:

Oh the Hell do you guys manage to get rid of players like Gardner,Stalteri,Ghaley, Routledge???

Im in my 1st season, end of Dec, 2 games away from Jan Transfers.

Portsmouth just come in with an offer of £5.5mill for Malbranque, gonna see if they offer £8mill for him. But i cannot get rid of the others.

Ive offered them to clubs for nothing but no one wants them.

Running v8.0.1, is i easier to get rid of them in season 2? end of season? shall i give them a few games and see if anyteams come in for them?

i played gardner for the first season alongside king and he was above average for me - eventually sold him to bolton for €8m

routeledge was on loan first season and when he returned quite a few teams came in bidding with sunderland being the higgest €4.5m

Stalteri's contract has run out and he will be joining some outfit for free.

I've done the same as u have with Ghaly and no one is even interested - the strange thing i've noticed is that (unlike others) his value never drops below €4m... maybe i'll give him a spell and see if he cuts it or not

Archived