FM 2008 : Tottenham Hotspur - Home of The Spurs

Azeryk-

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Hauler24:

Pauly I understand Lennon wasn't doing well but you never on God's green earth make that kind of a deal with Arse..... ever.

icon_biggrin.gif I know what you mean but hey I got Giles Barnes plus a bunch of great prospects for the money I got from Arse, plus they are 12pts behind me with Lennon. icon_cool.gif

Incidentally Giles Barnes is developing well & his +15 finishing makes him far more useful a player then Lennon.

looking on starting a game with spurs am gonna be using a 4-4-1-1 formation which on occasions can switch to 4-4-2 but am mostly gonna be using the 1st tactic i dont need four strikers am looking on keeping berbatov as he suits a lone striker role upfront so out of the other 3 which one would you get rid of ? also any suggestions on players to sell ? thanks

Originally posted by lfc7:

looking on starting a game with spurs am gonna be using a 4-4-1-1 formation which on occasions can switch to 4-4-2 but am mostly gonna be using the 1st tactic i dont need four strikers am looking on keeping berbatov as he suits a lone striker role upfront so out of the other 3 which one would you get rid of ? also any suggestions

on players to sell ? thanks

It really depends on how you play to who you keep to a large extent.

Berbs is great in the game if you play a game that suits him, but if for example you play a quick counter game Bent will be more effective.

I've kept Berbs because I haven't had any bites at my inflated value of him but if I got 20m he'd be on his way.

Ghaly, Stalteri, Gardner are very difficult to shift even for peanuts.

Routledge, Tainio & Zokora are hard to flog for their true value.

But there are a number of reserves that fetch decent money like O Hara, Mckenna & Barnard.

Berbs, King, Lennon, Defoe, Keane, Malbranque, & Jenas are really good players but have all received over the odds bids in my game.

Defoe can generally be sold easier & for more than Keane but both are really good players that can do well in the game if played right.

But sadly Defoe really didn't score a goal for until December but to be fair wasn't in my team that much so I let him go although I could have got 10m I know.

I replaced Zokora & Huddlestone with Makoun & Ponzio in my game with a bit of change.

Like wise I got a good offer for Malbranque & although he was doing well for me Renato Augusto is an upgrade & I was up on deal despite having bought 3 potential wonderkids Saivet, Stancu & Marin.

I spent more on Sergio Mota 4.2m than I wanted & only got 2m for Tainio.

Changing Lennon for Giles Barnes works better for my tactic cos of Barnes superior finishing & I made 3m.

And spent the change on the difference between Gabriel Torje & the money received for Routlege (only 875k!),

And Sotiris Ninis was bought with the wedge from flogging McKenna, Forecast, Dawkins & Mills (could have got more for him I think).

I got 1.6m for Barnard when he returned from his loan in Jan & 375k for Riley.

But my best moves were at the start, to get Ignashevic on a free & Diego Capel on a season long loan plus fork out the best 10m you can spend on Matias Fernandez, who is even better than Van der Vaart IMO.

Originally posted by mossa1977:

Hauler24, slightly off topic, but I am having exactly the same problem as you with the FLEX skin, how did you get it to work in the end?

You know I just moved everything into one folder. That Skin folder I will look back and tell you what I did.

it's interesting to see most of you butcher the whole spurs squad...

last night, i started my 3rd season with spurs.

the first two have been of a successful note:

first season i finished 5th, reached the fa and uefa cup finals. keane notched up 31 goals, berba netted 32. bent had about 11.

i signed no one at all, just wanted to get a feel for how good the squad was on the game. you can see there is a defensive problem (like in real life!)

routledge, tainio were sold for 2 mill each. whilst defoe went to pompey for 11 mill.

second season, the ground was done up to 43000 - the board injected some cash.

two signings were ribery (18.5) eduardo ratihno (7.5)

out going was chimbonda (10 to palmero!) jenas (16 to ac milan!!)

finished 5th again, this time winning the league cup and reaching the last 8 in both the fa cup and uefa cup.

when i approached the third season, a new commercial feeder club seemed to bring me in a fair few quid. the board/supporters expect big...

i'm up to 12th in the uefa club cofiency list.

bought in luis fabiano on a free, michael johnson for 13.5 million. changed my tactics which have been solid, but perhaps a little negative.

my team has a core of pretty much the same squad i started with:

4-1-4-1:

robbo

bale king daws ratihno

huddlestone

ribery zokora johnson lennon

berbatov

bench is normally : alnwick, kaboul, malbranque, bent/keane and taarabt.

like i said, i've hardly done no business in the market which i feel has lead me to do rather well.

14 games have gone and i'm 3rd...

financially, i'm doing amazing. 63 mill in the bank, 42 mill kitty. the ground is again, due to be upgraded.

fingers cross the top 4 will be broken, it's been a really enjoyable game!

Season 5 left Moniz to run the show with a 2nd 1pt behind Chelsea using mostly 442 but occassionally 41221

Chimbonda is over hill suggested to see out contract but Abenzoar has taken over RB spot.

Wijnaldum running Midfield mostly paired with Boateng and Hudds and Fenandez Menez Linluha just back up, Banega DM if reqiured.

Saivet replaced Huntelaar as 3rd choice striker behind Berbs and Bent.

Robbo still first choice from Ustari which I doubt will be case season 6.

Portsmouth were 3rd with Defoe Jenas and Kaboul.

paulinho i got capel on a season long loan, got menez for the left aswell 7.5m, vdv 8.5m, banega 5.25m, palacio 9.25m plus saviet and a few yth fernandez went to fiorentina gutted.outs malbranque3.3m, ghaly 2m, defoe 6m, huddlestone 2.3m, and 1m for various yth trying to sell bent but people are only offering 5m

i started up a network game with my girlfriend playing liverpool icon_wink.gif

only sold out chimbonda from the starting XI and terminated cerny's loan at the start. i let tainio off in january as well as LYP and levy accepted €20m from boro for huddlestone.

i brought in kargbo to cover defensive positions and he has been very good at DC and DR. Got in VDV for nº10 position and he has been changing with boateng, especially in UEFA cup.

early on my staff told me i needed more cover for midfield so i also bought fabien earst and he was weak in the start but has picked up form quite well, literaly carring the team in UEFA and the later games.

i still have my 4 strikers, all with near or over 20 goals. strangely, the weakest i guess would be berbatov. I play keane and defoe with bent always coming on to score. berbatov didt get a decent run of form all season. i still have the 4 cas i had each out injured at one time or another.

i stuggled quite hard over the season with heavy defeats (0-7 manu, 0-5 chelski, 0-4 liverpool icon_mad.gif) but started playing fiora2 tac in january.

i've had good runs now and i'm in the UEFA final against rome and in 6th in the premiership - i'm 4 points adrift the 4th champions league spot...

lennon and malbranque had been quite dissapointing for me until i played them on opposite sides (lennon on the left and malbranque on the right) - both have picked up stright 8 and MOM's.

jenas is out injured but was pretty helpful in creative midfield when no DM is needed. Zokora has been average as well as Dawson (whenever i played him, he'd always give away a penalty!) thats why i tried rocha and gardner, and they have been v.good.

king has been his usual self only letting up now to injury but along with gardner have been keeping many top team strikers in UEFA at bay.

got sweat revenge from chelsea beating them 3-0 home and have the crunch match with ars*nal to see if i get into champions league footie next season.

signed riquelme in for next season, not that i really need him but rather more so that he didt go to liverpool (no dinner for me that evening icon_razz.gif)

by the way, 3 games to finish season and manu are champs and they're letting big alex go... liverpool are second and man city are 3rd. i'm in the hunt with chelski, ars*nal and pompey...

its been ups and downs but fiora2 has settled in well, especially in UEFA. in premiership i often play 4-3-1-2.

almost forgot, have been bringing in youth for my reserve team and getting them rotating. aureli from lazio has been quite good.

another surprise is amoo from liverpool reserve or u18 team, each weekend he's been bagging goals. seems a real good prospect.

i'll be back later with news icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by paulinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by <smurf>:

i started up a network game with my girlfriend playing liverpool icon_wink.gif

icon_eek.gif

Now that's a rarity, a bird who likes FM, you should hang on to that one. icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup, how right you are mate icon14.gif

started as Tottenham with the challenge of breaking into the top four and i seen the injurys and thought it cant be that bad right ? .

i signed some cover players but isnt really helping defence is to far from midfield and mifields aint linking up with strikers which is a big problem my results have been:

drew 0-0 with blackburn

won2-1 birmingham

drew 0-0 liverpool

lost 2-1 wigan lost 2-1 to man utd and 3-1 to fulham

and i drew 2-2 with sunderland

preferd starting elven is :

robinson

hutton dawson eggimann bale

diane zokora boateng kewell/malbranque

keane berbatov

if anyone could help that could be great

Does anyone know how to get re-signed for Spurs?

Like everyone else, i started out with expectations to be a title contender after two years.

Like everyone else, the injuries and overall suckiness of the defense made Year One a struggle despite signing some solid guys (Lauren at DR, Macoun at DM, Bresciano as an AMC, etc). I finished 8th in the league, but did well in European and Domestic Cups. But still, it was a frustrating year.

Year Two had me splashing a lot of cash on the Defense. Brought in Zuiverloon, Ferreira (free) and Pasanen for the DR spot. Added Edman (board intervened on a Bale transfer to Aresnal...to join Lennon. Levy must bleed Red) on the left and Christopher Samba and Breno in the middle.

I also added Downing, Giles Barnes and Augusto in the middle.

We're scoring lots of goals and spanked Chelsea 3-1 at home. Still, with every month, the board is disappointed with my inability to look at the long-term.

Um...this team is kinda overrated (look at this season in The Prem). It takes a lot make this team powerful in 2 years time. Is there anything more I can do to see my team crush the league in years 4 and beyond???

1st year is tough especially with King out, but the back 5 is solid but can be improved with Kompany.

I would keep Lennon and try to buy Guardado at end of 1st season but will need 20m.

Makoun is a good buy as is Modric, and Menez and Belluschi are stars. If you are lucky Boateng -9 will be good.

The front 4 are all good but try Keane and Menez on free role.

2nd season Lucas may be available a star in FM07.

If you can get VDV (Fernandez better alternative) to play well usually needs to be AMC then should be a solid side.

TBH Downing Barnes Augusto will not improve side.

What is fiora2 tac? Can someone tell me so I can test it out and see how it does. Also I have been doing very well in my 1st season only a couple of games out of 4th and I feel that I can get a huge winning streak going. I think the worst pickup I had was I invested in Kitson as 4th striker he is terrible. I will get you more details at the end of the year.

After finishing 3rd in my 1st season, I finished season 2 5th. Had a terrible mid season slump, otherwise a second year of Champions League football would have been achieved. However, for the 2nd successive season I achieved the double over Arsenal... including a 5-2 win at The Emirates on the opening day of the season

Was unfortunate to go out the CL in the group stages. With a group containing AC Milan, PSV and HSV I won 2 drew 3 and lost 1. Finishing third relegated me to the UEFA Cup, where i rechaed the final. Despite leading twice i lost to Inter 3-2, their winning goal coming deep in injur time.

Reached the semi's of the FA Cup, only to be humilated 0-4 by Chelsea.

Defoe was onfire all season. 33 leagues goals, and 40 goals in all competitions from 54 games. Won the Golden Boot, whilst VDV picked up World Player of the year.

In Jan i signed Huntelaar and Banega and sold Bent.

End of Season 2 i've signed Aguero for £29m, Kompany for £12m and Ochoa for £4m. Out have gone Keane, Dawson, Kaboul and Giles Barnes.

My squad is

Robbo

Vanden Borre

Bale

King

Corluka

Lennon

Guardado

Banega/Kompany

Defoe

Aguero

With

Ochoa, Ignasevich, Berbatov, Huntelaar, Modric, Boateng, Huddlestone in reserve.

With £14m to spend i think i need a cover LB and maybe another wide man. Any advice..?

Finally finished the 1st season! icon_rolleyes.gif

I played the game quite differently than I have ever played FM TBH.

I swapped tactics a lot, sold & bought more players than I would normally.

The game has branded me the tinkerman but despite this I've made a clean sweep of all 4 competitions in the 1st season.

1stseasongs9.th.jpg

This is something I've never come close to achieving in previous FM's 1st season.

My conclusions are either that I'm getting too good for this game (highly unlikely) or the patch has made the game just a bit too easy.

The game plays well with the patch, the closing down issue really makes a difference & I had a rock solid defence (2nd only to Chelsea in terms fewest goals conceded), this was good especially as I only added Ignashevic to the starting squad, defence wise.

I didn't score that many & the vast majority of my games were won by a one goal margin (realistic considering my squad was nowhere near as good as the top 4.

I put this down to an almost infallable shut out tactic (putting all outfield players on DC instructions amongst other things) when defending League & canny use of Team mentality & tempo.

Bent (32) top scored with M Fernandez (21), Berbs (17), & Keane (10).

Bent was the main threat due to the quick counter nature of many of my tactics & I usually player with a lone frontman.

Jenas did well & Renato Augusto, Bogdan Stancu, Gabriel Torje & Giles Barnes were great signings plus Capel on loan was brilliant.

Makoun started the season really well but towards the end he was no more effective than Ponzio (there seems to be an issue with DMC's not performing well in this game).

But that aside I was surprised to see him caught in possession so often considering his excellent stats.

I'll be offloading Dawson, Rocha, Gardner, Stalteri, Ghaly, Ekotto amongst others.

Totally agree about DM's not performing,im having troble gettin Banega to perform and after 10games the board think he is a terrible signing.

But after my lat 2 games i have totally changed my mind about the 'back up' players.

I had my Ass man. moaning at me to play Ghaly for a feew games as he was unhappy, so looked at my next 2 fixtures.. middlesborough away and a home game against some greek team in Europe.

So i thought id give the 2nd string a run out.

GK Ainsworth

DR Stalteri

DL Lee Young-Pyo

DC Gardner

DC Rocha

MC Ghaly

MC Zokora

MC Taino

AM Taarabt

ST Defoe

ST Bent

Subs

Forecast

Ekotto

Routledge

Stancu

Mika Aaritalo (who doin ok in my patched game)

Sergey Ignashevich (superb)

Ever Banega (trying to get him to play well)

SO not exactly a great team but i was 4 points clear in league so i could afford to drop the points and i won the 1st leg away 4-1 in Euro.

WOW!!! dont know if its my tactics but we won 4-2 at 'bourough, Taino scored 2goals in 10min then got injured on 34mins witha broken wrist grrrr

Euro (not to bad) 3-0 cant remember who scored.

So they aint to bad, i usually 'try' to get rid of this lot (majority of them) during the season but now i might have a re-think.

I will def play this starting 11 again in the cup games and a few 'easy' matches

4 titles Ist season- impressive any season most be a Midas touch rather than Tinkerman.

The game appears not to favour players playing out of position and Banega perhaps is not so good in UK, and a variable PA - has not played well for me even season 7.

Ghaly is on list of least favourites with Sol!

Dervite and Saivet are both variable PAs so need to be lucky, both waiting their chance in my game.

LB cover I use Esparza also covers LM and DM and MC and is as good as Bale.

Menez can cover wings but is also lethal up front, but does not fit squad personality.

Robbo has now scored 3 on FM08.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skeletore2002:

Paulinho,

Just curious, how much did you get for Lennon, and who did you send him to? Also, how much did you pay for Giles Barnes?

12m to Arse icon_eek.gif

He wasn't really doing the biz TBH, hasn't pulled up any trees there either.

I paid 9.5m for Giles Barnes which was probably over the top but I got a few great prospects with the change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got 20 million + 50% sell-on clause making it a 30 million deal in the 1st season. icon_biggrin.gif

The game has branded me the tinkerman but despite this I've made a clean sweep of all 4 competitions in the 1st season.

clearly ur in a different league icon_wink.gif pity levy didt call u before going coach-hunting in spain icon14.gif

whats ur basic tactic and starting XI?

meanwhile i was able to push for 4th meaning chapions league footie in the lane in season 2 icon_biggrin.gif

still have the UEFA cup final against rome to close season but my main goal is achieved

looking to pick off players from relegated boro, birmingham and wigan

any sugestions? any advisable good deals ending season 1?

(as a footnote, liverpool pushed man u all the way but lost the title out by 1 point...)

Hi guys, I started a game with Spurs. I'm actually an Arsenal supporter, so the the players have no sentimental value to me icon_biggrin.gif I actually enjoy playing with Spurs on the game though icon_razz.gif Maybe it's because I pity them so much in real life :-(

Needless to say, I completely butchered the squad. Selling no less than 12 players for a total of £50m.

Players out:

Defoe £4.3 (thought I was accepting an offer on Jenas, ahwell)

Young-Pyo £2.2m

Taarabt £2m (where did Swansea get that money from? icon_razz.gif)

Malbranque £4.5m

Keane £7.5m

Boateng £5m

Zokora £3.5m

Jenas £3.5m

Huddlestone £2.5m

Lennon £15m (Levy accepted, got good a good price so not too bothered)

Players in:

Jeremy Menez £9.5m

Makoun £9.5m

Matias Fernandez £14m

Stancu £140k

Kompany £11m

Banega £3.7m

Felipe (Udinese centreback) £3.7m

Farfan £6.25m

Modric £11.25m

Torje £1.5m

Sitting 3rd in the league at the end on August after 3 wins and 1 draw. Already beat Arsenal 3-1 at WHL icon_frown.gif

Kaboul has pleasantly surprised me, he is dominant in the air.

My team are absolutely clinincal, making the most of their chances icon_cool.gif Just put 4 past Villa, from the 7 shots we had on target icon14.gif

I'm in 2nd place in the league at the end of September, really need to bring some players in in January, my squad is very thin! Hopefully Levy will give me some funds... anyone reccomend any cheap squad players?

jus finished first season and 3 games into second. Somehow managed to come 8th and missed out on euro vase because of reading and there national cup qualifier. League was wide open for most of season and was in 3rd/4th for most of it unitll i got knocked out of semi final of euro cup after losin 4-3 on aggregate to fiorentina after that i cudnt gt the team to play well and didnt win in the next 7 games and so slipped down table.anyway onto players. Boateng has been senseational for me great debut season with 10 goals my only beef with him was his discipline he got 3 red cards and a yellow almost every game no matter how much i warned/fined him. Also had alex who was a great playmaker and scored some awesome goals. Bought aritalo for a striker to c what he was like but didn take long before he was my startin left mid great crossin and very good in the air. On the right i had the noble steed (although routledge featured alot becus steed was out for 3 months in middle of season and did well)Levy accepted 15mil for lennon to valencia didnt mind much as he wasn performing that well.also bought sol campbell for 5 mil hes been awesome aswell. My best signing was however was maniche for 7mil he was great in defence and unreal in attack he went on a run of 7 goals in 7 games. PLayers i sold were bent to liverpool for 11 mil jenas to city for 4 mil chimbonda 8 mil to chelsea. This season ive brought in almeida simao bojinov(i feel im gonna regret that tho)so yea hopin for a better season this time around

Careful with fixed comments!

Boateng has a card problem for a few seasons but a good -9.

VDB and Esparza are good squad players but as injuries are reasonable on FM08, you can get by with small squad, and the players bought can cover most situations.

Just finished 5th in my second season after leading thew table for almost the whole season icon_frown.gif...

anyways, this is the team i have now, let me know what you guys think and where i should improve or change anything. If you think i can do well with another formation, please do let me know.. thanks icon_smile.gif

GK: Robinson

DR: Richards

DC: Breno

DC: David Luiz

DL: Bale

MR: Torje

MC: Arouca

MC: Van Der Vaart ©

ML: Aaritalo

ST: Berbatov

ST: Huntelaar

Subs:

Lehtovaara

Chimbonda

Dawson

Malbranque

Jenas

Keane

Kaboul

Hi all Tottenham managers!

I Will jus report my start with Tottenham.

I signed, Makoun, a good tackler and increddibly good offensive runner. I als signed Matias Fernandez, though I have trouble getting him deliver in AML, like he does in AMC. I also signed Ignasevich for free and he does the job

I also signed Zola and Nins for my U 18 team where Terry Dixon rules, he will become a great player!

Im quite suprised that its going great in PL for me. Ihave won every game there except for the Chelsea game, 1-2 defeat there. I think I have played like 9 matches, last one was against Liverpool, 1-2 win there. Berbatov has been amazing. Give him little creative freedom and arrange Keane or Bent to run often without ball andhe will not dissapoint you.

Thats it for now folks'

In PL i

i finished up 4th just ahead of chelski and ars*nal. i won the UEFA cup agains rome with a late darren bent goal icon14.gif

i lost european super cup to liverpool being easily beaten 3-0 icon_frown.gif

now i'm in to my second season with 6 games in the league already - the good news is 6 straight wins so far (allthough havnt had hard fixtures except for liverpool - beat 'em 2-3 at anfield icon_wink.gif meaning no dinner yesterday evening, lol)

got real madrid, cska moscow and aek athens in CL and have won 1st away game in athens

bad news is robinson out injured for a month and a half or so and got no adequate cover icon_frown.gif

my squad has been well strengthened and i've cut some of the dead wood loose too

out went o'hara, alnwick, routeledge and i'm still trying to dump ghaly, stalteri, ifil, dag olsen, pekhart and barnard

was sorry to let gardner go to boro but €8m was too good to refuse

got in onuoha, riquelme, zarate and muamba and have all been doing great so far when they ocassionally play

levy accepted €30m for berbatov from zaragoza but TBH he wasnt performing for me so i was glad

was able to secure a 12th hour bid in for anelka over roma, portsmouth and newcastle and he'll be joining me in january icon14.gif he was last season's best scorer so i hope he does the same at the lane

(liverpool have been struggling with 3 points out of 5 games into 2nd season, lost out to me and man u... compromising draws though)

Originally posted by Jazzfusion:

Hi guys, I started a game with Spurs. I'm actually an Arsenal supporter, so the the players have no sentimental value to me icon_biggrin.gif I actually enjoy playing with Spurs on the game though icon_razz.gif Maybe it's because I pity them so much in real life :-(

Needless to say, I completely butchered the squad. Selling no less than 12 players for a total of £50m.

Players out:

Defoe £4.3 (thought I was accepting an offer on Jenas, ahwell)

Young-Pyo £2.2m

Taarabt £2m (where did Swansea get that money from? icon_razz.gif)

Malbranque £4.5m

Keane £7.5m

Boateng £5m

Zokora £3.5m

Jenas £3.5m

Huddlestone £2.5m

Lennon £15m (Levy accepted, got good a good price so not too bothered)

Players in:

Jeremy Menez £9.5m

Makoun £9.5m

Matias Fernandez £14m

Stancu £140k

Kompany £11m

Banega £3.7m

Felipe (Udinese centreback) £3.7m

Farfan £6.25m

Modric £11.25m

Torje £1.5m

Sitting 3rd in the league at the end on August after 3 wins and 1 draw. Already beat Arsenal 3-1 at WHL icon_frown.gif

Respect mate, I could never ever manage your lot even though of course it's just a computer game.

Good buys although I think you paid way over the top for Modric!

Alright, just started a spurs game, just wondering if anyone has any good players to sign... or any other good tips

the players im going to keep are;

robinson

chimbonda

dervite

king

kaboul

bale

huddlestone

o'hara

zokora

jenas

lennon

boateng

keane

bent

berbatov

defoe

the rest im not really a fan of so theyve been listed, i have this thing where if im not keen on the player in real life then i dont have them on the game either.

ive promoted danny rose as he had great potential on the last game and looks decent on this aswel.

i have 18mil to spend, thanks to selling dawson

sofar ive only signed saivet.

ive bid for the following, i know i cant sign them all but im desperate for defenders and maybe a few mids...

zapata

c.samba in talks now 1.1

sakho in talks now 350k

micah richards

modric - in talks now 4mil

garay

lescott

anton ferdinand

costil in talks

breno

banega in talks

aaritalo

theres some great potential buys there and so that are okish, id aim higher but i just dont have the funds. Any players you'd sign for your first season with spurs?

Ive seen many of people sign VDV but again im not much of a fan irl so i might leave it.

team sofar

gk.robinson

alnwick/costil

rb.chimbonda

samba

df.king

gardner/dervite

kaboul

lb.bale

sakho

rm.lennon

jenas

lm.o'hara

rose

cm.zokora

banega

huddlestone

boateng

fw.keane

bent

defoe

berbatov

modric and breno are awaiting work permits

darren bent seems really good sofar in pre season, the 4 forwards are all good so its nice to have that problem

modric will come right into the team if he gets a permit

il look at akinfeev once i have the funds when they do come. Il need a right back eventually aswel but its ok for now.

I reckon were almost ready for the season to start, il post back how im getting on

not as of yet mate, ive just signed modric, im wondering weather to play him left side going forward, i know thats not his prefered position but he's pulled it off on previous fm games for me.

Chimbonda just went mad because i rejected an offer for him so he's on the list by request so ive bid for ohouna from city. I really need to get past this first season to get some funds in or try and sell the players that nobody wants lol

Originally posted by man united:

Ive seen many of people sign VDV but again im not much of a fan irl so i might leave it.

VDV is a MUST, trust me... play up behind the front two and you wont regret it

BTW no strikers are needed as spurs have the best group in the premiership IMO - the only one who didnt do well for me was berbatov (sold him and got anelka)

in case you miss out on some of you signing i suggest you try l.baines (everton) and n.onuoha (m.city) - two definite buys!

i'm just missing a mate for king in the centre - lost micah to ars*nal icon_mad.gif

Started a new Spurs Game.

Ins

Bentley £9m

Samba £1.2m

M.Fernandez £10m

Banega £4.4m

Outs

Dawson £3.8m

Lee Pyung Yo £2.8m

Malbranque £5.75m

Starting XI

GK Robbo

LB Bale

RB Chimbonda

CB King

CB Samba

LW Fernandez

RW Bentley

CM Zokora

CM Lennon

ST Berbs

ST Keano

Results

Newcastle 3-1 Spurs

Spurs Scorers Jermain Defoe

Spurs 0-0 Reading

Fulham 2-1 Spurs

I changed the Tactic as it was not working.

Spurs 1-0 Birmingham

Spurs Scorers Matias Fernandez

Spurs 3-1 Blackburn

Spurs Scorers David Bentley,Berbs,Keano

Man Utd 5-1 Spurs

Spurs Scorer Jermain Defoe

i agree welshace, lennon in the middle just doesnt work i dont think. You want to use him for running down the wings instead of having battles in CM.

Apart from that clonabanjo i like your team.

Just finished pre season and it went well.

The players ive brought in sofar are;

saivet 350k

costil 625k

c.samba 1.1mil

banega 3mil

m.sakho 350k

luka modric 4.4mil

Breno is coming in jan for 725k and ive also bid for sunny, im happy with my team at the minute but theres still definatly room for improvement but that will have to wait for extra funds.

Archived