FM 2008 : Tottenham Hotspur - Home of The Spurs

Azeryk-

Decent first season. 4th in the league, ahead of Arsenal. Won the Uefa Cup and the FA Cup (beating Arsenal in the final), and lost in the semis of the League Cup (to Arsenal - see how they keep recurring).

Great! (I thought). Champions' League next season......

Guess who won the Champions' League, and qualify as holders?

Yep. Arsenal.

Guess who's in the Uefa Cup?

Yep. Muggins here. icon_mad.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Victor2112:

Decent first season. 4th in the league, ahead of Arsenal. Won the Uefa Cup and the FA Cup (beating Arsenal in the final), and lost in the semis of the League Cup (to Arsenal - see how they keep recurring).

Great! (I thought). Champions' League next season......

Guess who won the Champions' League, and qualify as holders?

Yep. Arsenal.

Guess who's in the Uefa Cup?

Yep. Muggins here. icon_mad.gif

that happened to me first season as well I was livid icon_mad.gif

Have just finished my 4th season with Spurs finishing 2nd to Man u, winning the League Cup & Champions League QF.

Here is my current squad

GK ROBINSON

LB BALE

RB IFILL/SAMBA

CB DAWSON

CB KING

LM MENEZ

CM MAKOUN

CM VAN DER VARRT

RM JOE COLE

ST AGEURO

ST BERBATOV

Have also got

LENNON, KUZMANOVIC, ZAKORA (TL), ANELKA (TL), BENT (TL), HUDDELSTONE

I have just picked up MATIAS FERNADEZ & HUNTELARR on free transfers.

I am trying to sign either TORRES or BENETIZ at the moment. Anyone got any other signings i should make??

Originally posted by maddogjonnyp:

Have just finished my 4th season with Spurs finishing 2nd to Man u, winning the League Cup & Champions League QF.

Here is my current squad

GK ROBINSON

LB BALE

RB IFILL/SAMBA

CB DAWSON

CB KING

LM MENEZ

CM MAKOUN

CM VAN DER VARRT

RM JOE COLE

ST AGEURO

ST BERBATOV

Have also got

LENNON, KUZMANOVIC, ZAKORA (TL), ANELKA (TL), BENT (TL), HUDDELSTONE

I have just picked up MATIAS FERNADEZ & HUNTELARR on free transfers.

I am trying to sign either TORRES or BENETIZ at the moment. Anyone got any other signings i should make??

Mate your attack looks class but your defence is abit weak you need a RB badly and maybe another CB too. Look into Micah Richards to take over from King as he's getting older by 4th season and Dani Alves or Carlos Diogo or Clerc for RB.

Sakho defo buy even better than Samba and Richards for corners.

Another treble (V2) - King and Berbs played last game of season but lucky to make bench for most of season, as was Bale. VDV had a good season but looks past it for next. The star was Robbo - not much between Robbo and Lloris.

Look at my team!

GK:Jussi Jaaskelainen

DR:Pascal Chimbonda

Dl:Gareth Bale

DC:Tom Huddlestone (Ledley King when he's back)

DC:Yones Kaboul

MR:Wayne Routledge (If Farfan comes Malbranque Lennon if he comes back from Injury)

Ml:Steed Malbranque (If farfan comes Farfan)

MC:Kevin Nolan

AMC:VDV

AMC:Robbie Keane

FC:Jermain Defoe/Darren Bent (Berbatov Injued)

Originally posted by paulinho:

Tested kimz 8.0.2 tactic tactic exclusively with Spurs in the 2nd season.

I used Vs 2 with no changes or tweaks at all.

Went very well winning the Prem, CL & Carling although I missed out on the FA Cup losing to Arse in the final icon_mad.gif.

I didnt find it bad defensively at all as I had the best defence in the League until the last game when I let in 5 playing all the reserves (saving players for the FA & CL finals with the Prem already won) icon_rolleyes.gif

Cant say it was bad away either with only Chelsea having a better away record.

tableva0.th.jpg

My squad wasn't as good as the top 4 either but as you can see Berbatov was lethal with this tactic (a goal a game) & Angel Di Maria, Aimar & Bresciano were superb as the AMC's.

statsim8.th.jpg

A great tactic & I enjoyed the style of play immensely.

TBH the results weren't that much better than my 1st season where I used a variety of tactics & tweaked like mad but the 2nd season is usually more difficult.

It gets a bit tedious & robotic doing those same oppo instructions every game but it works.

I guess it's oppo instructions versus constant tweaking.

I gave this tactic a go for fun first season with spurs, but i had no success with it at all in preseason it was totally awsome but once the real matches came it was poor.

I created heaps of chances but no goals.

Can you elaborate on how you used oppo instructions.

I hate constant tweaking, thinks it ruins the game, so if i can get something working with oppo instructions i'd start enjoying FM again.

i thought it was crap when i 1st started using Kimz v1 & v2 tactics but now its my 1st choice, these with WHU V tactic aswell.

U need to set the set pieces up though, right DC use as attacking GK for Corners and AMC's outside area. My other DC attacks near post and my striker attacks far post. also got one of my DMC attacking from deep. i have either Bale or VdV as corner takers. RB and other DMC remain back.

As for oppositon i have there wingers as Closing down and show onot weak foot, same as the fullbacks.

MC i have tight marking and hard tackling, strikers (depends who im against) usually tight marking with hard tackles and show onto weak foot.

looks ok, hows dervite playing?

Right back looks weak though, not convinced with Gunter, see you have Carlos Diogo, to be honest i dont know him.

Maybe a new DMC aswell?

Looks good though, same old.....

Basically, all the players that everyone on these forums mention and have probably got lol

nearly at the end of my 1st season and im def. gonna carry on with this game.

Im 3rd in premiership , Scum are top then Man Poo, but only by 5points and ive got 4games in hand over them so im in a good position.

Won Micky Mouse cup, in final of FA Cup against the Scum, Semi's of Euro (Seville).

Alot of player are getting some interest, shall i get rid of them?

Dawson

Lee

Zokora

Huddlestone

Chimbonda

Fellaini

Lennon

Keane

Shall i get rid of these players?

Sold Malbranque, Jenas and afew others in Jan transfer window.

My 1st team is very light and i need some big name players in the summer.

Thinking of Felipe (DC) and Adriano (FW) and a decent AMC. (already got VdV and Fernandez and both are awesome)

Chasing 7th consecutive title season 9

GK - Lloris/Robinson (a few quality games but will be released end of season)

DR - Richards/VDB

DL - Bale

DC - Breno (Sakho disliked Samba)

DC - Sakho (Vice Captain)

MC/DM - Veloso/Sankhare

MC/DM - Banega

AMR - Guilherme (Club Captain)/ Wijnaldum

AMC - Matty (perhaps one more season)/ Lulinha/VDV (to be released end of season)

AML - Saviet/Aquino

ST - Acapandie

Regens are backup (still have Gunter so down to 3 originals)

I did try to retrain Lennon as AMC but went to Arsenal - Chimbonda/Keane/Hudds are useful

just completed my first pre seaon with spurs.

ins: vincent kompany, jeremy menez, rafael vdv, hugo lloris

outs: bent, zokora, o'hara, paul robinson, gunter, tainio, rocha

best 11:

GK - Lloris

dr - chimbonda

dl - bale

dc - woodgate

dc - king

dm - kompany

mc - vdv

mc - jenas

aml - menez

amr - lennon

fc - berbatov

subs: hutton, gilberto, huddlestone, dawson, malbarnque, boateng, keane, pekhart, kaboul

obviously will have to wait a while before all my players come back. hoping i should be able to push for a top 4 spot in the second half of the season tho. need some good young squad players, any suggestions?

Originally posted by mattyspurs76:

i thought it was crap when i 1st started using Kimz v1 & v2 tactics but now its my 1st choice, these with WHU V tactic aswell.

U need to set the set pieces up though, right DC use as attacking GK for Corners and AMC's outside area. My other DC attacks near post and my striker attacks far post. also got one of my DMC attacking from deep. i have either Bale or VdV as corner takers. RB and other DMC remain back.

As for oppositon i have there wingers as Closing down and show onot weak foot, same as the fullbacks.

MC i have tight marking and hard tackling, strikers (depends who im against) usually tight marking with hard tackles and show onto weak foot.

I still find it extremely unstable, go from winning 8-2 in the uefa cup till losing 6-0 against fulham away.

my preferred first squad right now is

Robinson

Hutton

Kaboul

Woody

Bale

Jenas

Hudd

Farfan

Mathias Fernandez

Piatti/Lennon

Berba

im using the updated kimz tactics with great success

won chelsea 5-3

won newcastle 1-0

won seville 4-1

won man city 2-1

won seville 4-2

won arsenal 4-2

won man utd 4-2

lost liverpool 1-2

won the title when i beat Utd.

Lost against liverpool mainly due to playing res. & U18 players as ive sent my 1st team on holiday, got nothing to play for except UEFA & FA Cup finals so they will all be rested.

Ive followed Kimz instruction, man marking all but DC's, stick everyone on hard tackling, v1 at home and v2 away... i love these tactics

Right back looks weak though, not convinced with Gunter, see you have Carlos Diogo, to be honest i dont know him.

Maybe a new DMC aswell?

Basically, all the players that everyone on these forums mention and have probably got lol

Diogo if you look at his ratings and such is a beast. He has everything I will get a screenshot of him and sent k.

CarlosDiogoProfile.png

Just got to the start of the premier league

I sold Bebatov (16m), Malbranque(4m) and a few others which doesn't really mater.

Left me with 54mill to spend,

I bought:

Huntlaar, Bentley, Il Makoun, Samba, Motolivo, Saviet, Kroos, Sahko, Thiago.

Ready to challenge for the league, just need a GK and a left winger really.

Originally posted by Chasjs:

Just got to the start of the premier league

I sold Bebatov (16m), Malbranque(4m) and a few others which doesn't really mater.

Left me with 54mill to spend,

I bought:

Huntlaar, Bentley, Il Makoun, Samba, Motolivo, Saviet, Kroos, Sahko, Thiago.

Ready to challenge for the league, just need a GK and a left winger really.

Why did you sell Berbs he is fantastic? Sell Keane or something not your best striker

Hi lads,

I just finished my 3rd season with the Spurs.

After a phenomenal 2nd season with consecutive premiership title and a treble with the cups I had a more difficult year after signing a 4-year deal and commiting myself to this fantastic club.

Seems the managers are getting used to my 4-2-3-1 customized tactic based on Googen's ideas after all.

I managed to win the PL again (third in a row) in a tense game against Man Utd at home in the last round (1-1, they drew with 10 to play so it was at high risk), won FA convincingly against Newcastle 2-0.

I was eliminated from Champions by eventual runners-up Inter Milan in the 1st knockout-round and was beaten by Bolton (!) in League Cup semifinal.

Liverpool, in the same level, and Bolton as a weaker team are the ones who always get me into difficulties.

I am setting up my team for next season, had to sell Taarabt to make money - hated to have to do so...

Here it is, Tele's Spurs version 2011-2012, asterisk in transfers from the last Dec/Jan window.

GK - Bouzanis / Kameni / Delle

DR - Richards* / Abenzoar / Victor Diaz

DL - Bale / Sakho*

DC - ? / Breno

DC - King / Atienza

DM - Il Makoun / Cana

DM - Hamsik / Kaboul

AMR - Malbranque / Torje

AMC - Van der Vart / ?

AML - Wilnaldum / Zhirkov

ST - Berbatov / Zeefuik / Francisco Alvarez

I also have Abidal on DL loaned from Barcelona which I will let go and Trecarichi, which was not really involved so I am still guessing what do about him. And Bogdani, Albanian striker who never got a chance as well, due to my consistent bad luck on drawing strong teams on the Cups from initial stages on.

My big questionmarks are:

- I need a very, very strong DC, not too young/inexperienced - mid twenties is what comes to my mind, ideally with outstanding aerial game to be placed with King

- I need a shadow back-up for Van der Vart. Although the team is great and Malbranque has performed consistently hugely for me, VdV seems to be the link that makes this team work. Need to be able to get him some rest from time to time - by the end of the season his attributes get lower

I am on patch 8.0.0 and current budget is 26 million pounds. I can use this just for the DC.

Once the new season starts in June, I should receive a very good budget to spend on the AMC and other few improvements.

I am also looking for:

- 3rd string DRL (I had Pyo but he became unhappy) - just offered a contract to Francisco Chica

Investment range: 2-5 million pounds

- stronger lone-striker to make Berbatov more wary - now I have brilliant but inconsistent youngsters, wanna have Berbie on his toes :-) - I thought about Bryand, any ideas?

Investment range: 10-20 million pounds

- a DMC perhaps to challenge Hamsik and send Kaboul (sadly, love this guy's loyalty and determination) to 3rd string - needs to have outstanding passing and distribution skills but also needs to be a warrior chasing opponents

Of course these ranges are only indications. If you have a fantastic tip worth the extra effort, let me know please.

My terrific Ass Man is Desailly - actually, one of the reasons my team performs well is the tremendous staff I've got for them (already requested the board to improve training facilities and they said they were doing it but no results so far, don't know why).

They expanded the stadium to 36,000 seats. Current average attendance on 35.5k per game and balance at 74 million, club value at 227 million.

Questionable signings so far include Atienza, who is error-prone and limited in my game and Hamsik, too inconsistent given his passing/creativity ratio.

Any feedback from what do you think of my roster would be highly appreciated as well

Best and KUTGW, Spurs managers,

Tele

- stronger lone-striker to make Berbatov more wary - now I have brilliant but inconsistent youngsters, wanna have Berbie on his toes :-) - I thought about Bryand, any ideas?

Huntlaar? He works very well as a lone striker.

Oh yeah, and I don't particularly want to sell Robbie Keane, hes's my vice captain and with Ledley King out for ages I need influential players like him who have been at the club for ages.

juststarted my 2nd season and im looking for a good yound DC, looking a Sakho as i missed him at the beginning of the 1st season when i could have got him for peanuts, ive made offers of 7million for him which have been turned down. His he worth it or will he be another 'French Potential' like Kaboul?

Also looking for another striker, need to rest Berbs every no and again. Ive retrained Keano as an AMC where he plays well and Vent ook but not as prolific as id like. Im looking at 2 players...

Fred & Adriano, who would you suggest? i can get either one for less than 10mill.

half way through my second season after finishing 4th in my first.

my team is -

GK- Robinson

DR- Hutton

DC- Richards

DC- KIng

DL- Bale

DMC Mascherano

AMC Diego

ML - Malbranque/Janssen

MR - Lennon/Jenas

ST - Berbatov

ST- Uche

Just in Feb of 1st season on 8.02

Things going ok, currently 7th, 12 points behind Man City in 6th but have a game in hand

Knocked out of league Cup by Bolton at Semi-Final. Knocked out of FA by Bolton in 3rd round of FA cup after replay.

In quarter finals of UEFA against Liverpool after overcoming Athletico Madrid 4-3 on agg.

Sold Lee to Sampdoria for 850,000. Loaned O'Hara to Middlesborough for season, he looks useful but have too many midfielders at the moment

Purchased Diego Capel for 10.25m and Van der Vaart for 14.5m. VDV is excellent, played 5 so far, 4 goals & 4 assists. Capel has also impressed. Also purchased Aaron Ramsey from Cardiff for 250,000 but in reserves at the moment.

Have a pre-contract agreement to sign Thiago Motta from Athletico.

Boateng got the hump when I bought VDV so he handed in transfer request.

Have had a lot of injuries, Chimbonda & Kaboul in particular. Have used Gunter to cover for both full back positions, has looked good.

Berbatov tore his hamstring and is out for 3 months so Bent finally got his starting chance, scored 2 in 3 games but then also got injured and is out for a month. Keane is only striker, playing Pekhart and will have to call up Dawkins as he's been good in reserves.

Still need a bit of steel in the back, although Woodgate has been excellent. Hutton looked good when he got a run in the team. Only disappointments are Huddlestone and possibly Jenas. Jenas doesn't score enough. taarabt looks dangerous and looks like he will be quality. Robinson has been quite good as well.

Almost like the real season this year, top 5 pulling away from everyone else, with the relegation places being played out also.

Hopefully I won't get sacked and get a chance as I've claerly improved the team. Maybe a top 5 place next year

Spurs season 9 V2 No tweak home & away (apart from back 4)

Super Cup

World Club

League Cup

FA Cup

PL (7th consecutive)

ECC (4th consecutive)

Best goals for and best defensive record, at some point won 18 consecutive games. Must admit that having lost the Community Shield to Arsenal (they bought Rooney) 5-2 it was going to be a season when it fell apart , but V2 came good in the end.

All the regens played last game of season, 4-1 win against Sunderland, so looking good for future, VDV and Robbo had last 10mins, now both released.

Saivet CA 191 but Matty 171 so could fall quickly.

Originally posted by Hauler24:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattyspurs76:

Maybe a new DMC aswell?

Diogo if you look at his ratings and such is a beast. He has everything I will get a screenshot of him and sent k.

CarlosDiogoProfile.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate what skin is that it looks well smart?

Oh yeah, anyone got any pretty good left wingers who I should be able to get for 5million.

Gilberto got injured in the first game for 2 weeks and then I realized that my only real backup was playing Saviet there.

Originally posted by Chasjs:

Oh yeah, anyone got any pretty good left wingers who I should be able to get for 5million.

Gilberto got injured in the first game for 2 weeks and then I realized that my only real backup was playing Saviet there.

Radek Sirl is doing well for me. He's only played 5 games so far though. Good stats though and he was cheap(2.4million).

O´Hara (Reading), Rose (Liverpool), Dervite (Barcelona) Season 10

See if Ayew or Acquino are available cheap.

Bale can play LM and Chimbonda LB.

I would do the Bale LM/Chimbonda LB solution until the January window, and then get rid of Chimbonda. If you have played him regulary until then, you should be able to get an ok price for him.

Gunter can easily fill his shoes as backup for Bale and Hutton.

Gilberto is good on the left wing, you could also try Leonardo from Ajax. He has very low work rate, but excellent crossing, dribbling and passing stats. Very good if you use wings that run to by-line and then cross in icon_smile.gif

Starting season 4 with Spurs. 3 consecutive 4th place finishes hasn't been good enough, and i need to really push on this season

My team (4-3-2-1)

Robbo

Clerc

Bale

Richards

King

Menez

Matias Fernandez

Veloso

Van der Vaart

Diego

Berbatov

Ustari

Bellaid

Steven Smith

Woodgate

Fazio

Makoun

Lennon

Rose

Lulinha

Keane

Huntleaar

Plus Saviet, Sakho, Boateng, Dervite, Aaron.

Still got £40m to spend...

I'm in August 2008 on 8.02 patch with a transfer budget of 6mill left.

My team is currently:

T Kuszczak (loan)

P Robinson

J Woodgate

C Gunter*

M Sahko*

L King

R Rocha*

C Samba

Y Kaboul

A Hutton

L Young-Pyo

G Bale

Gilberto

T Huddlestone

J Il Makoun

D Zokora

Thiago*

G Assulin*

D Bentley

A Lennon

S Mauri

G Wijnaldum*

J Menez

H Saviet

Iago*

KP Boateng^

T Cahill

T Kroos*

R Montolivo

A Taarbt*

R Keane

KJ Huntelaar

C Pizarro (loan)

*=Probably spend most of the season in the reserves or out on loan as they are not yet good enough for the first team.

^=Is close to being sold

Transfers:

Season 1

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2248/spurstransfersseason1il1.jpg

Season 2

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9585/spurstransfersseason2nj0.jpg

Last season I did poor and finished 7th using a 4-4-2 with a DM but for this season I was looking at using a 4-3-3 formation now I have bought a good left winger (Menez) and a 2nd MC (Cahill) but Keane and Huntelaar are both 5 star.

Montolivo came 2nd for midfielder of the year and he is my only 6 star player.

As you can see I've heavily invested in young talent but they'll take time to come though. I'm just asking how do you think I could improve my squad (well, what needs improving first) and what tactics should I play. I have considered Kimz, but I have not really got enough AMC or DMC quality really and I have some good wingers.

Also do you think I have a good chance in challenging for the title with this team because this is the target set by the board.

I am going into the start of the season and my players moral couldn't be higher and they have developed a strong understanding.

I always click win title.

With Kimz for example Wijnaldum can play DM/or any of the AMCs. The tactic does produce very good interplay footie, and you often see the DM (Banega) play a one two with RB (Richards) and crash ball into net.

In 2016/17 the PL was won with 107pts and goals for 137 against 32

Menez should be lethal up front but no idea why Chimbonda who can retrained as LB and Berbs also can be retrained as AMC and goal a game striker are not in squad.

Chimbonda was MASSIVELY p*ssed off, I fined him for getting a 5 in a game. He got angry and missed training... two week fine. He did it again... two week fine, he then requested transfer and I let him leave as his contract is running out in a year.

should do better with tht team PAddy, try changing your tactics. Kimz tactics are great, its a 4-2-3-1

4 defence

2 DM's

3 AMC

1 FW

Looks weird how its set up but it works wonders for me.

Took your advice and switched to Kimz tactics. So far P7 W5 D2 L0. Strong start to the campaign

icon_smile.gif

Chimbonda does not react well to be fined, needs a health warning. Only backup but useful on bench. Have a CB regen who likes late night drinking, been fined 4 times for missing training.

9th consecutive title with V2, still 5 games to play.

Archived