FM 2008 : Tottenham Hotspur - Home of The Spurs

Azeryk-

Finished my 3rd season with 8.0.2

Managed a domestic treble which was pleasing as I'd previously lost the FA Cup final 2 years running.

Only runners up in the CL though which was disappointing esp. as I had 25 shots to Inter's 5 in the game, but these things happen.

Squad for 4th season now assembled.

I decided to improve the defence, although Woodgate & Baines made the Prem select team at the end of last season watching the games they seemed to be responsible for the majority of the goals I conceded.

Woodgate because of a lack of pace & workrate & Baines because he's vunerable in the air.

They have been replaced with Chiellini & David Luiz.

Van der Vaart & Mattock came in on frees & I brought in Lassana Diarra.

Squad

GK- Robbo/Lloris

DR- Cerc/Hutton

DL- Chiellini/Mattock

DC- David Luiz/Edson

DC- King/Fazio

DMC- Veloso/McCann

DMC- Diarra/Ramires

AM- Tevez/Guilherme

AM- Aimar/VDV

AM- Guilherme/Di Maria

ST- Berbatov/Almeida

Special mention for Hugo Almeida, I bought him at the start of the 2nd season & he was hardly an instant success up front, not scoring a single goal until Xmas.

The fans & board were on my back for signing him but in his 2nd season he did very well scoring loads & the majority from off the bench.

In pre season he's now easily outscored Berbs & I'm thinking of making him 1st choice.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started season again, 1st game home to West Ham, 1-1 Ljunberg with 87 min equaliser. Lost 3-2 away to Wigan, Valencia in 88 min then Siberski pen in 94th min. Drew 0-0 away to Birmingham, Parnaby sent off after 57 min. Lost 3-2 home to Liverpool then lost 3-2 home to Chelsea.

Need to get few players back from injury.

Only high spot was Huddlestone getting goal of the month

Start of second season 3pts clear at the top after 13 games. I've built a strong squad already.

GK - Lloris/Dudek

RB - Rafinha/Gunter

LB - Bale/Gilberto

CB - Woodgate/Kaboul

CB - King/Sakho

DM - Veloso/Lucas

DM - Diarra/Andreasen

AM - van der Vaart/Guilherme

AM - Jimenez/Taarabt

AM - Fernandez/Keano

ST - Berbatov/Amauri

My next 2 transfer targets are Micah Richards and Pato then I'll be happy with the squad maybe Dos Santos too and some better competition at LB because Gilberto is getting on abit.

4TH Season start

Robbo still no 1 from Lloris

Chimbonda was retrained as LB and did well as cover, but now out to grass.

Guilherme 3MOMs in first 3 games played

Banega is class in this patch

VDV and Matty both out with broken legs

Taarabt has done well and Wijnaldum, Aquino, Ayew now on fringe of first team with Saviet, Sankhare, Sakho, Dervite, Acanpandie and La Tallec on verge.

GK - Robinson / Lloris

DR - Richards/Hutton

DL - Bale / Benoit

DC - Samba/Kaboul

DC - King / Woodgate

MC/DM - Veloso/Jenas

MC/DM - Banega/Hudds

AMR - Guilherme/ Jimenez

AMC - VDV / Wijnaldum/Boateng

AML - Matty/Taarabt/Ayew/Aquino

ST - Berbatov / Keane

Originally posted by knap:

GK - Robinson / Lloris

DR - Richards/Hutton

DL - Bale / Benoit

DC - Samba/Kaboul

DC - King / Woodgate

MC/DM - Veloso/Jenas

MC/DM - Banega/Hudds

AMR - Guilherme/ Jimenez

AMC - VDV / Wijnaldum/Boateng

AML - Matty/Taarabt/Ayew/Aquino

ST - Berbatov / Keane

I've got Lloris handling up to 19 and reflexs up to 20 and I offloaded Robbo for 6.5mil to Derby. How much you pay for Micah I really want him in my squad but I'ma play him CB along side King or Woody

Lloris is same- still Moniz prefers Robbo but now out injured, so Lloris is in with a Regen on bench.

Per miniscout City wanted 40m which City accepted.

Apart from VDV and Matty now have Guilherme and Berbs out with broken jaws.

Are you always handed a tough group and do the AI ever miss a pen in the normal 90mins (about 1 in 3 seasons on my game)

4TH Season start

Robbo still no 1 from Lloris

Chimbonda was retrained as LB and did well as cover, but now out to grass.

Guilherme 3MOMs in first 3 games played

Banega is class in this patch

VDV and Matty both out with broken legs

Taarabt has done well and Wijnaldum, Aquino, Ayew now on fringe of first team with Saviet, Sankhare, Sakho, Dervite, Acanpandie and La Tallec on verge.

Interesting, I'm amazed how well Robbo does, I seriously reduced him big time in the patch but he seems to recover all the reductions I made with training.

I'm in 4th season too & I've got Lloris & Robbo & there's nothing to choose between them at all so I rotate them, not something a manager would normally do but it doesn't appear to make any difference.

In fact I'm so happy with my squad now that I can change all 11 players every game with no noticeable difference in the results.

I will however keep the 1st choice for the Local derbys.

I too have got Aquino & Sankhare , they look to be progressing nicely.

Does Sakho's pace ever improve? He looks well short of it in my game.

Lloris is same- still Moniz prefers Robbo but now out injured, so Lloris is in with a Regen on bench.

Per miniscout City wanted 40m which City accepted.

Apart from VDV and Matty now have Guilherme and Berbs out with broken jaws.

Are you always handed a tough group and do the AI ever miss a pen in the normal 90mins (about 1 in 3 seasons on my game)

When I get a pen against me I just take it as a goal as it always ends up in the back of the net. icon_rolleyes.gif

Talking of pens, Berbs is great taking them in normal time but he's missed every one in penalty shoot outs for me so far.

So much so that next time there's a penalty shoot out I'll put him way down the list.

Paulinho

Keane is looking to become a coach, do you know how to make him a player coach?

Chimbonda still on monthly contract just cannot press button to release.

I think Woody is past it by season 4.

Penalty shoot outs are a nightmare, I can't imagine pressure in World Cup! You really start to feel for Waddle & Co.

The AI certainly have rub of green!

I've just had a mini crisis in 2nd season beginning of Jan transfer market. It seems me being joint top of the league with the gooners I'm ahead on goals aint good enough for Woody or VDV because pool and barca came in for them I rejected and now they want to jump ship so I offer them out for 30 mil a piece and then Levy accepts 8.75mil for Woody from pool and 14.25mil for VDV from barca. Taarabt is also looking to jump ship so I'll probably offload him too.

I don't know why everyone wants to leave maybe because I fine them 2weeks wages for every red card or crap performance.

Cards go up with TM, or hard tackling in Midfield, worth the odd fine for increase in stats.

My 2nd season start was crap with VDV and then VDV was injured (still is), so no great loss and Woody and Taarabt are just backup, had Kaboul out or 8 months, so you should be OK.

Paulinho

Keane is looking to become a coach, do you know how to make him a player coach?

Chimbonda still on monthly contract just cannot press button to release.

I think Woody is past it by season 4.

Penalty shoot outs are a nightmare, I can't imagine pressure in World Cup! You really start to feel for Waddle & Co.

The AI certainly have rub of green!

No I dont know how to make him player coach TBH, I suggest you put the question in the general questions forum some one will know.

Do you mean you cannot press the button cos it's greyed out or you dont have the heart?

Woody is past it by then IMO, I sold him & replaced him with David Luiz who's been really good.

Originally posted by BillyLikesFish&Chips;

I've just had a mini crisis in 2nd season beginning of Jan transfer market. It seems me being joint top of the league with the gooners I'm ahead on goals aint good enough for Woody or VDV because pool and barca came in for them I rejected and now they want to jump ship so I offer them out for 30 mil a piece and then Levy accepts 8.75mil for Woody from pool and 14.25mil for VDV from barca. Taarabt is also looking to jump ship so I'll probably offload him too.

Easy answer to this problem Billy.

NEVER reject an offer, just negotiate for the price of a better replacement player.

I had Diego & he was playing great for me, Roma came in I negotiated & they accepted so the player went.

I then got Aimar to replace him who has been easily as good & I had a load of extra cash to strengthen elsewhere.

The team rarely accepts & if they do you get a better player , no probs.

When the offer is rejected a player will get the hump when you negotiate they very rarely do.

Also the chairman will never intervene as the buying club will either accept or reject your offer.

"I don't know why everyone wants to leave maybe because I fine them 2weeks wages for every red card or crap performance."

That's harsh & I dont know what positive effect you're looking for here.

I only fine players if they miss training & a red card or bad performance (6 or less ) justs get's a dissapointed from me.

Anything else is counter productive IMO despite what you may feel.

Originally posted by paulinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BillyLikesFish&Chips;

Easy answer to this problem Billy.

NEVER reject an offer, just negotiate for the price of a better replacement player.

I had Diego & he was playing great for me, Roma came in I negotiated & they accepted so the player went.

I then got Aimar to replace him who has been easily as good & I had a load of extra cash to strengthen elsewhere.

The team rarely accepts & if they do you get a better player , no probs.

When the offer is rejected a player will get the hump when you negotiate they very rarely do.

Also the chairman will never intervene as the buying club will either accept or reject your offer.

"I don't know why everyone wants to leave maybe because I fine them 2weeks wages for every red card or crap performance."

That's harsh & I dont know what positive effect you're looking for here.

I only fine players if they miss training & a red card or bad performance (6 or less ) justs get's a dissapointed from me.

Anything else is counter productive IMO despite what you may feel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I usually do negotiate but for some reason I didn't this time but I ain't really to fussed about it. I brought in Fazio to replace Woody and I don't really need to buy anyone to replace VDV or Taarabt because I'm pretty deep in the ACM position.

I always fine them for missing training, red cards or 5 or less performances because that's not acceptable plus they don't desrve their pay check if they don't perform to an acceptable level. Most of the time they accept it and if they don't I dump them into the reserves until they get over it.

I just started a new game, and decided to go for players to put in my youth team, that turned out to be pretty good in my other game.

One of these people is goalkeeper Josh Lambo. Signed him for a friendly at the start of the game (he's 16, wont come to me until the end of the season), but in the last save I had he turned out to be a pretty decent keeper.

Worth buying in the long term, seeing as he costs a friendly, lol.

CH CH CH CHECK THIS OUT BERBY AT HIS BEST

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/Gazzaisgreat/?a...w&current=Berby7.jpg

Is it just me or do chavski always leave a gaping hole in the middle of their defence. On my save their 2 CBs always pull out to the FB position and Berbatov has a field day. He usually scores 3 or 4 against them but today he took the P!SS. icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

Aim for the hole - had a 7-0 first season but not all from Berbs.

Missing training on their way out so taking wages is fine. straight red or 5 or below but does not happen often, I can only remember a 5 from Bale and that was a 4-0 win against Chivas.

I let Chimbonda go after Xmas so did not spoil festive season.

Keane still on Bench so I will wait a season.

What do you think of my team?

I'm loving it, unbeatable too! I'm in 2012/13.

GK - Manuel Neuer - £20.5m from Schalke

DL - Gareth Bale - god damn he's good

DC - Mamadou Sakho - £625k from PSG

DC - Younes Kaboul - He really comes of age.

DR - Phillip Lahm - £16.25m from FC Bayern

DM - Marek Hamsik - £23m from Napoli

LM - Danny Rose - His stats are great IMO

RM - Lionel Messi - £57m from Barcelona (worth it?)

AMC - Silva - £44m from Valencia

AMC - Nani - £6.75m from Manure (when they went into recievership :p)

FC - Carlos Tevezz - Free from Manure

GK - Paul Robinson - Still doing it for me

DR/DL - Chris Gunter - trained him up as a back up player for both full back positions, does well when he comes in.

DC - Jonathon Woodgate - Getting on but haven't found a replacement backup player who wont moan non stop yet.

DC - Ledley King - Don't want to sell him!!! Still club captain and does well

AMRC - Henri Lansbury - £23.5m from Newcastle (i got ripped off, he's poop)

AMR - Aaron Lennon - his pace is useful

AMLR FC - Henri Saviet - free from Bordeaux icon_biggrin.gif he's amazing! but injured icon_frown.gif

AMRC FC - Mauro Zarate - £6m from Al-Sadd, i love his free kicks being 20, its like my own mini david beckham.

AMC - KPB - not my favourite player but good back up in desperate times.

AMC - Adel Taarabt - Good backup player

FC - Dimitar Berbatov - was always my first choice striker with tevez playing in AMC, but now at 31, is starting to slow down a bit.

oh and i got Thierry Henry at the age of 33 on a free transfer and left him in the reserves to rot.....just cos i feel good for letting a gooner hero rot in the reserves. NO MATTER WHAT AGE!!!!

any tips, comments, criticisms are welcome icon_smile.gif

Cheers

Originally posted by BillyLikesFish&Chips:

Is it just me or do chavski always leave a gaping hole in the middle of their defence. On my save their 2 CBs always pull out to the FB position and Berbatov has a field day. He usually scores 3 or 4 against them but today he took the P!SS. icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

Are you using that Kims Vs2 tactic Billy?

If so, I find this happens a lot.

AI defences just cant cope with it, it is quite brilliant.

You have the opposition defence totally overloaded, the DMC's are attacking wingers, 2 of the AMC's are strikers either side of your main striker.

Opposition defences dont know who to pick up & if they have a DMC he doesn't know whether to pick up your central striker (Berbs) or the deeper lying AMC playmaker, either way there's always a man free & your team just passes around the edge of the opposition box until a gap inevitably appears.

It really is genius.

Danny Rose is one player I gave a big boost to in the last 8.0.2 update due to his string of impressive performances for the U18's & reserves, he's now -9 potential so there is a chance he could develop into a very good player in your game.

I hope he'll get a chance in the real life Spurs 1st team before the end of the season.

Good to see Berbs Robbo (underrated)King and Lennon.

Veloso, Guilherme and Aquino were otd best players in World Club Championship.

Wijnaldum, Aquino, Ayew, Lulinha, Sankhare, and Banega are defo young players to look for apart from Sakho and Saviet.

I'm trying to keep Kaboul but was out 8mths and not really had a chance.

Spurs unbeatable sounds good to me.

Originally posted by welshace:

glad to see it too paulinho... he was excellent for leeds and before the upgrade i have to admit ... i changed it myself anyways in the editor... so good to see.... also... does terry dixon actually turn out good enough?

Never has for me TBH, wont be on the next update either as Spurs have released him due to 2 consecutive bad injuries.

As for Rose, I didn't touch him until this last update as I had no info to go on, looks like he could be real prospect now though.

Not too sure if I'm posting in the right board but I need help.

I'm Spurs through and through and have played FM all the from when it was CM. Anyway, version 8.02 is really depressing me. I can't manage to get to Christmas with Spurs in my 1st season without loosing the rag.

I'm using a tactic recommended by Mr woodz on the tactics site. I prefer using a 4-4-2 and try to stay loyal to current Spurs players(have always done this)

From reading everyone elses posts here everyone else seems to be doing really well. Can anyone give me some info on what tactics, training etc they sre using?

I just want to return the glory days to Spurs!!

Originally posted by wallsofrock:

Not too sure if I'm posting in the right board but I need help.

I'm Spurs through and through and have played FM all the from when it was CM. Anyway, version 8.02 is really depressing me. I can't manage to get to Christmas with Spurs in my 1st season without loosing the rag.

I'm using a tactic recommended by Mr woodz on the tactics site. I prefer using a 4-4-2 and try to stay loyal to current Spurs players(have always done this)

From reading everyone elses posts here everyone else seems to be doing really well. Can anyone give me some info on what tactics, training etc they sre using?

I just want to return the glory days to Spurs!!

A good tactic to use is Kimz V1 or V2 it's over in the tactics forum and should be somewhere on the first page. You will need to buy new ACM for it to work good though and maybe a DM too.

Originally posted by paulinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BillyLikesFish&Chips:

Are you using that Kims Vs2 tactic Billy?

If so, I find this happens a lot.

AI defences just cant cope with it, it is quite brilliant.

You have the opposition defence totally overloaded, the DMC's are attacking wingers, 2 of the AMC's are strikers either side of your main striker.

Opposition defences dont know who to pick up & if they have a DMC he doesn't know whether to pick up your central striker (Berbs) or the deeper lying AMC playmaker, either way there's always a man free & your team just passes around the edge of the opposition box until a gap inevitably appears.

It really is genius. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was using V1 in that game it works good against chavski for me and I find it more solid defensively. Have you changed anything in V2 to make it better defensively? I find teams with pacey attacking players like manure can really rack the goals up when I use V2.

Spurs 7 (Gilherme 6) Chelski 3 Using V2 - MU crumbled 3-0 -

I take off man marking and TM from Back 4 - holiday season testing showed these did not improve defensive record. Also shortish passing and slowish tempo work best. Same holiday season testing raked up 107pts for V2 and 100pts for V1 compared to std 442 of 68pts - 442s using above are about 90pts.

Wallsofrock

My challenge was to win PL first season with Spurs squad and see how the young high PA players develop. I do not use OIs, just wanted a tactic to plug and play. Tried about 20 times. The WHU V series are really good but finished 2nd - Kimz V1 won the PL and League Cup.

I did buy Samba because of the injury crisis and Matty then VDV in Jan, but I think you could do it just using the original squad. Keane is good as AM and Berbs can be retrained as AM and retrain Chimbonda as LB. Bent could do well as Striker as after a few seasons he was a goal a game striker pre patch.

my spurs teams, playing with a 4-4-2 diamond formation:

1st team / backup

GK - Robinson / Alnwick

DR - Zuiverloon / Hutton

DL - Vermaelen / ... (sold Bale for 67m to Real M)

DC - Miguel Veloso / P Cannavaro

DC - King / P Cannavaro

DM - Ever Banega / Adrien

MR - Giles barnes/ Wijnaldum

AMC - Ribery / Moutinho

ML - Pablo Piatti/ Wijnaldum

ST - Guilherme / Adrian

ST - Keane / Rios

Originally posted by BillyLikesFish&Chips:

I was using V1 in that game it works good against chavski for me and I find it more solid defensively. Have you changed anything in V2 to make it better defensively? I find teams with pacey attacking players like manure can really rack the goals up when I use V2.

In tough away games I use these settings.

awayteaminstructionstl7.jpg

In all Kimz tactics I think you have to bring your striker back at defending corners otherwise you will concede.

I make Berbs mark tall player & I dont concede from corners that often.

Paulinho

I do not have a problem away from home with this

MU 3-0

LP 4-0

Milan 2-1

Arsenal FA Cup 4-0

Then lost to Barcelona 3-2 in ECC despite dominating, Oh well.

I have changed back 4 to CD First notch own area.

Peef how's Diamond - Farrows to Amc for LM and RM work really well, and you can barrow DM to keep it tight.

Been a while since ive been onn here.

Ive tried these V1 & V2 tactics, they just dont work for me.

Also, i dont know what central Defenders i should pair up. I have got

Samba

King

Woodgate

Dawson

Kaboul

The corner trick doesnt seem to be as good as people say it is.

Berbs my top scorer but not exactly setting the league on fire.

Im in the middle of March, won league cup, in semis of FA Cup (Against Man Utd) and semis of Uefa cup (Bayern).

few unhappy players, shall i get rid of them?

Gilberto - Malbranque - Rocha - Boetang - Lee

I still find it hard to get rid of a lot of players such as the above,and fringe players that i wont play.

`2nd Season Review

I almost won it but in the end the gooners beat me out giving me a good 3-0 kicking at emircrap stadium in the run in so I finished 2nd but I did win the LC.

The Jan transfer window was crazy on top of losing Woodgate and VDV, Milan came in with a 30mil bid for Lloris which Levy promptly accepted icon_mad.gif then I sold Keane for 10.5 mil to man city and Taarabt went to Lyon for 8 mil.

I bought Moutinho for 22mil to replace VDV and I brought in Kroos on a 12 month loan as back up. I bought Amelia for 4.9mil and Hart for 5mil to replace Lloris and Amelia has made the #1 spot his plus his stats keep going up.

I'm 9 games into the 3rd season and I've won them all so I'm 8 points ahead of the gooners at the minute who are in 2nd. I sold Rafinha for 14.25mil to Everton because he was a red card waiting to happen and he started to hate me because I kept fining him for it. I also sold Amauri for 17.75mil to Roma because he was almost 30 wasn't doing as well as I had hoped for. I only bought 4 players at the beginning of this season I couldn't get Lyon to sell me Clerc so I bought Baines for 8mil and have Bale on the right as I'd retrained him all ready. I also bought Johnson from City for 14mil and Adriano from Inter for 3.4mil and Ricardo Oliviera from Milan for 3.1mil

here's a screen shot of my squad for the 09/10 season

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/Gazzaisgreat/?a...rrent=untitled-1.jpg

I offically hate this game.

Have tried all diferent types of recommended tactics but nothing seems to be consistent, sick of beating Le Arse 2-0 one week to losing 3-1 to Bolton even though I had 31 shots on goal and they had 6.

Kimz tactic seemed to best I've used but want a decent 4-4-2 where I can utilize Lennon and Malbranque on wings instead of using too many strange formations that no team actually plays in real life.

What ever happened to the 3-5-2 from Championship Manager 2? Something nice and simple, God I miss those days!

5th season just PL no cups, not many originals left

GK - Lloris/Robinson

DR - Richards/Hutton

DL - Veloso/Bale

DC - King/Samba

DC - Sakho

MC/DM - Sankhare

MC/DM - Banega

AMR - Guilherme/ Wijnaldum

AMC - VDV / Lulinha

AML - Saviet/Matty/Ayew/Aquino

ST - Berbatov/Acapandie

Lone strikers have edge but "Back to basics" Zaggelo or heathxxx based on Fiora are good or diamond WHU V15.

Treble PL LC ECC (Tactics Kimz V2)

GK - Lloris/Robinson

DR - Richards/VDB

DL - Bale

DC - Samba/King

DC - Sakho

MC/DM - Veloso/Sankhare

MC/DM - Banega

AMR - Guilherme/ Wijnaldum

AMC - VDV / Lulinha

AML - Saviet/Matty/Aquino

ST - Acapandie/Berbs

Berbs was on fire at start of season but now out of running as is King.

Gilherme is outstanding first season buy as is VDV. Lloris is world class after a few seasons.

Cant belive i forgot to sign Sakho on a free contract at the start of the game!

I ran that FM Scout thingy last night for the 1st tie to see what its all about and when i clicked on Sakho he had a potential of 195... trouble is PSG have him and hes worth £1.5mill and its the end of Sept in 1st season (started again for god knows how many times lol) ive got an offer of 4mill in for him at the moment, i hope its worth it.

Having a good run at moment, won all my games, 10 in Prem and few cup games, highlight was a 4-1 win over Man Utd at home.

Purchased the usual suspects but managed to get Fernandez & VdV which ive been able to do before, could only get one or the other.

Using WHU tactic and Kimz v2 at moment.

Players comming back form injurys so ive got a full strength squad but a few moaners ie: Boetang, Chimbonda & Zokora.

Tarrabt is a surprise package, played him as a supersub and im impressed.

Berbatov's amazing or a change.

Got rid of Cerny and Real Madrid offered me a GK for loan, some 19yr kid... he will do as a Backup.

Anyone ever had Felipe? (think hes a Brazilan DC) is he any good? Gonna try for Lloris at end of season.

So far ts good, think i might have a 2nd season with this squad

Archived