Quality regens , But how do i play them? :S

Ive just signed 2 quality regens for bagains!!

One is 17 the other 18

As i have bad injury problems i may need to include them in my first team or to do a good job off the bench. Such is there mixed up stats, im not quite sure what striker role to play them under. A poacher? Deep lying? Advanced? Complete?

Any tips on what role to play them will be appreciated.

The screenies :

RichardBarazite.png

YalinOrtakaya-2.png

. . .

Both have tremendous technical attributes for such young strikers. Given this, you need to ensure you are getting maximum benefit from training their physical stats. The first guy needs more stamina - otherwise his workrate will write cheques his stamina can't cash. Maybe consider a strength focused training programme.

Second guy just needs a bit more pace - which isn't so important for a deep lying striker (which he is best suited for as the guys have said). Ensure you are training his aerobic attributes and tactics to improve his playmaking skills. Because he is an ST rather than a FC unfortunately he won't be a natural free role player.

Both have tremendous technical attributes for such young strikers. Given this, you need to ensure you are getting maximum benefit from training their physical stats. The first guy needs more stamina - otherwise his workrate will write cheques his stamina can't cash. Maybe consider a strength focused training programme.

Second guy just needs a bit more pace - which isn't so important for a deep lying striker (which he is best suited for as the guys have said). Ensure you are training his aerobic attributes and tactics to improve his playmaking skills. Because he is an ST rather than a FC unfortunately he won't be a natural free role player.

Thanks for the advice , ive changed his training now , any ideas on how to play the first guy? and why?

I would take a good look at their PPMs first, these are very powerful in determining the particular movement of a player.

Then you can use one of the many Player Role tools in this forum to further assist your choice.

PZ is right about PPMs - they are probably the most important factor atm - because these guys have a long way to go on their development cycle. Tutoring them with a good pro should be a priority.

The first guy is struggling a bit for strength and jumping, so he won't make a good traditional target man. His high heading but low jumping and strength mean he will be great at unopposed headers so if you play him up front he will do better with drilled crosses. With more pace he would a good advanced forward. His attributes suggest (with more pace) that he would be good at running the channel. However being right footed only, either he runs the right byline or he has the cut in PPM and can therefore play on the left (like Rooney IRL) of two strikers. Right foot only players receive the ball better from left to right - so unless he is deadly at cutting in, he should be on the right side to bring the cross / first time pass into play.

You could play him as a poacher but he looks like he has more to give in the build up play and it would be a waste.

PZ is right about PPMs - they are probably the most important factor atm - because these guys have a long way to go on their development cycle. Tutoring them with a good pro should be a priority.

The first guy is struggling a bit for strength and jumping, so he won't make a good traditional target man. His high heading but low jumping and strength mean he will be great at unopposed headers so if you play him up front he will do better with drilled crosses. With more pace he would a good advanced forward. His attributes suggest (with more pace) that he would be good at running the channel. However being right footed only, either he runs the right byline or he has the cut in PPM and can therefore play on the left (like Rooney IRL) of two strikers. Right foot only players receive the ball better from left to right - so unless he is deadly at cutting in, he should be on the right side to bring the cross / first time pass into play.

You could play him as a poacher but he looks like he has more to give in the build up play and it would be a waste.

I see , i am playing him as a striker , what role do you think would best suit him?

Archived