[FM10] The Wandering Mongrel

psychonaut

After destroying yet another save, my PC is on it's final warning. One more screw up and it's out the window, and I'm 4 floors up. Shame, as I can't really afford a new one at the moment.

So:

FM Version: 2010, with 10.2 patch.

Edits: SuperBladesman's England-to-lvl-10, with my edits to enable lvl11 and correct regional promotion/relegation.

Database Size: Large.

Leagues Loaded

South Africa - First division and above.

China - First division and above.

USA - MLS only.

India - National League only.

France - CFA and above.

England - Regional First divisions and above.

Italy - Serie C2 and above.

Spain - Second Division B and above.

Australia - Hyundai A-league only.

Brazil - Third Division and above.

So, this is a departure from my previous games where I've only stuck to England. Spurred on by some of the exciting escapades in other career threads, I've decided to have a more travelled journeyman career.

Career Overview

Vital Statistics

Manager Name: Raphael Cervantes-DeBoor.

Nationality: Spanish.

Second Nationality: South African.

D.O.B.: August 16th 1974.

Past Experience: Semi-Professional.

Current Reputation: National.

Career Earnings: £14,500 (end of 10-11 season).

Clubs Managed: 1.

Nations Managed: 0.

Titles Won: 0.

Cups Won: 0.

Times Promoted: 0.

Times Relegated: 0.

Times Sacked: 0.

League Progress

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|SEASON  |CLUB                |LEAGUE                        |FINAL POSITION |
|2009-10 |African Warriors    |South Africa 1st Div Inland   |3rd            |
|2010-11 |African Warriors    |South Africa 1st Div Inland   |3rd            |

Cup Records

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|SEASON  |COUNTRY         |CLUB                 |CUP NAME             |ACHIEVEMENT   |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2009-10 |South Africa    |African Warriors     |First Division Cup   |1st Round     |
|        |                |                     |SAFA Cup             |1st Round     |
|2010-11 |South Africa    |African Warriors     |First Division Cup   |Quarter Final |
|        |                |                     |SAFA Cup             |2nd Round     |

Trophy Cabinet

EMPTY

So the wanderings of Raphael Cervantes-DeBoor (former Salamanca reserve team ace, and one time caddy of Seve Ballesteros) begin.

At the request of Club Chairman Tsepho Isaacs, he returns to his mother's native country, South Africa, to kick off a managerial career.

African Warriors

badge.jpg

Club History

African Warriors FC was established on 5 July 2006. The chairman and Managing Director Mr Jabu Khumalo purchased the status of Happy King FC of Senekal, which was campaigning in the Vodacom Promotional League. As a result, Happy King FC was renamed African Warriors FC.

African Warriors currently play in the South African First Division Inland Stream, and play their home games at Charles Mopeli Stadium, Phuthaditjhaba (try saying that after 5 pints) in the Free State province of South Africa.

July - September 2009

Current Position: 1st in South African First Division Inland.

Matches Played

Preseason Friendlies

08.07.09: African Warriors Reserves (H) - won 4-0.

18.07.09: Durban United (H) - won 10-0.

21.07.09: Durban Bush Becks (H) - won 13-0.

28.07.09: African Wanderers (H) - won 5-0.

02.08.09: PE Blackpool (H) - won 8-0.

05.08.09: Rabali Blackpool (H) - won 4-0.

First Division Cup First Round

14.08.09: Bay United (A) - lost 3-2.

First Division Inland

22.08.09: Black Leopards (H) - won 1-0.

26.08.09: United FC (A) - won 1-0.

02.09.09: Tuks (H) - lost 2-1.

12.09.09: Whitbank Spurs (A) - drew 2-2.

16.09.09: Batau FC (H) - won 4-1.

19.09.09: Dynamos(A) - drew 1-1.

26.09.09: Winners Park (H) - won 4-1.

Review

So my career has got off to a steady, if not impressive start. The board expectations at the start of the season was to avoid relegation. Well, we're certainly doing that so far - sitting top of the division. Most pre-match opinion this season seems to point to us being underdogs, but with the on-pitch performances from my players, you wouldn't know it. Only sour note was being knocked out of the cup in the first round.

Whoever has a bet on us to win the title must be praying hard each time we play. The bookies gave us pre-season odds of 5000-1 to lift the trophy.

Team News

Brought in 4 new signings, one being a keeper - who the team were in dire need of. When I'd arrived at the club, there was a 15 year old between the sticks - not saying I didn't trust him to do the job, but...

Rest of the squad are a mix of veterans and lads in their early 20s. More than happy with 90% of them, particularly our strikers. 35 year old, James Mokoena is drawing a lot of praise for his scoring prowess. He bagged 14 during the friendlies, and has 6 goals in 7 league games so far.

Backroom News

AssMan decided to leave as I arrived, so had to hire a new one. He's doing a fine job so far.

Hired a coach to bolster our tactics training, and a scout. The scout's baffled me so far. I set him 6 assignments to scout in other countries, and he managed to do 1 per day. Either there was no football going on in those nations, or he's playing me for a fool.

October-December 2009

Current Position: 1st in South African First Division Inland.

Matches Played

First Division Inland

03.10.09: Black Leopards (A) - won 3-0.

24.10.09: Whitbank Spurs (H) - won 3-0.

07.11.09: United FC (H) - drew 4-4. (we were 4-1 up with 66 minutes gone :mad:)

21.11.09: Tuks (A) - lost 2-1.

28.11.09: Batau FC (A) - lost 3-1.

05.12.09: Dynamos (H) - lost 1-0.

12.12.09: Winners Park (A) - won 4-2.

Review

Games in October were a formality. But then came November, where we suffered a blip in form. I'm still seething about the draw with United FC. We had that match dead and buried, but the defenders switched off for the last 25 minutes of the game.

Just before the Tuks match, I was asked who I thought would win the division title. I said it would be us, and it obviously put too much pressure on the team. Lost 3 in a row, including defeat at bottom club Batau FC. We slipped to 3rd, and I really feared for our form. However, a win at Winners Park, and some results going our way elsewhere, restored our position at the top of the pile - but only on goal difference.

No more matches now until just after the New Year, so I'm off to enjoy an African summer.

Squad News

Still performing wonders, and above pundits expectations. My strikers are on fine form, with Lebojoa Mphongoa and James Mokoena having scored 10 goals each.

Defence are, for the most part, tight at the back. Although we've leaked a few more goals than I would like.

Other News

AS Roma sack Claudio Ranieri.

January-March 2010

Matches Played

First Division Inland

02.01.10: Black Leopards (H) - drew 1-1.

09.01.10: United FC (A) - drew 1-1.

Friendlies

18.01.10: Vasco(RSA) (H) - won 1-0.

23.01.10: MP Black Aces (H) - drew 0-0.

31.01.10: Carara Kicks (H) - won 1-0.

08.02.10: W.P. United (H) - won 2-0.

SAFA Cup First Round

13.02.10: Durban Stars (A) - drew 1-1 a.e.t., lost 5-4 on pens :(

First Division Inland

20.02.10: Batau FC (H) - won 4-0.

27.02.10: Tuks (H) - drew 0-0.

06.03.10: Witbank Spurs (A) - lost 1-2.

13.03.10: Dynamos (A) - won 2-1.

20.03.10: Winners Park (H) - won 2-0.

24.03.10: Black Leopards (A) - won 2-1.

Current Position: 2nd in South African First Division Inland

Click here for League Table

Review

Not bad progress, and some impressive wins. I wasn't too happy with January's 1-1 draw against Black Leopards, but it seems they've changed their spots, and have leapt up the table somewhat. I thought we had lost momentum though when we then went on to draw with relegation candidates United FC.

The mid-season break was torture. I hate big gaps like that in the middle of a season. With daytime temperatures being what they were this year, it was easy to understand why no football was being played. But, ever the slave-driver, I had my lads out for a friendly each week, just to keep their eye in.

Back to the league, and would have preferred not to have lost to Witbank, as it dropped us to 4th place. But inspired wins against in-form Dynamos and Black Leopards have got us back on track to challenge for the play-off spot, if not indeed automatic promotion. With 6 games left to play, it's tight at the top.

Squad News

Our 35 year old striker, Lebojoa Mphongoa, seems plagued by injury. Just back from an ankle injury in time for the Winners Park match, a gashed leg put him out again. Still, he's popped the ball in the net 10 times for us this season.

Leading scorer, James Mokoena, seems to have dried up in front of goal. The veteran striker only netting 2 in his last 5 games.

Both Mphongoa and Mokoena are starting to show significant drops in their abilities, and may struggle to make my first team next season.

African Nations 2010

Holders: Egypt.

Hosts: Angola.

In a last minute move - Togo decided not to withdraw after all. Not that it would have mattered.

Group Stage Exits

*Togo*, Kenya, Gabon, Tunisia, South Africa, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Zambia.

Quarter Final

Ivory Coast 2-0 Angola

Egypt 3-2 Mali

Nigeria 3-1 Cameroon

Ghana p0-0 Algeria

Semi Final

Ivory Coast 2-1 Ghana

Egypt 0-2 Nigeria

Third Place Playoff

Ghana 3-1 Egypt

FINAL

Nigeria 0-2 Ivory Coast

@ Estádio da Cidadela, Luanda

Att: 60000.

April-May 2010

Matches Played

03.04.10: United FC (H) - drew 1-1.

Not the best start to the end of season run in. United FC were sitting mid table, and we should really have been able to beat them. A pretty uneventful game until Paseka Mazibuko scored on 78 minutes, with an audacious strike from 30 yards out. As the game clock hit 90 minutes, we looked good for the 3 points. But disaster loomed, as Boiki Mosia turned the ball into his own net in stoppage time.

10.04.10: Tuks (A) - won 3-2.

The pundits gave us no chance in this match. For the majority of the first half they seemed to be right as Tuks went 2-0 up with 37 minutes gone. Must have fired up my side. Zane Zuurvogel scored on 39 minutes - game on! 8 minutes later, and 2 minutes into first half stoppage time, James Mokoena coolly slotted home an equalizing penalty. Tuks gave us a hard fight in the second half. But a moment of magic saw Shasha Moleko connect with a Boiki Mosia corner on 65 minutes to head home his first and only goal of the season. What a goal it turned out to be, giving us our first league win over Tuks.

14.04.10: Witbank Spurs (H) - won 7-0.

The players must still have been on a high from the Tuks win, as we read Witbank the riot act. James Mokoena kicked off the goal glut with a strike from the edge of the area on 3 minutes. Leonard Casner sprung on a missed clearance to make it 2-0 with 11 minutes gone. Solomon Maduna struck on 31 minutes to send us in 3-0 up at HT. There was no holding back in the second half: Mokoena got his second (66), followed by goals from Aaron Lepele (73) and Sibusiso Ntuli (80). Leonard Casner rounded off the thrashing, slotting home a close range finish for his second goal, 6 minutes from time. Delightful stuff, and a new record thrashing written into the division's history.

24.04.10: Batau FC (A) - drew 0-0.

Uneventful and boring. The only thing to come out of this game was Batau's relegation from the division. But how costly would our draw prove to be...

01.05.10: Dynamos (H) - lost 0-1.

An absolute sickener. Going into this match, we were top of the division with 47 points. Dynamos and Tuks were in 2nd and 3rd - both on 45 points. Having the home advantage, I'd really expected us to get the draw. Evans Maluka will be a hate figure at Charles Mopeli Stadium for years to come, his powerful header (28) consigning us to a defeat. Tuks won too, and suddenly we were 3rd.

08.05.10: Winners Park (A) - won 4-1.

Dynamos and Tuks sat 1 point above us - surely one of them would slip up? But we had matters of our own to contend with, and things got off to the worst possible start as Winners Park got a goal on 14 minutes. Cue the one man band that is James Mokoena. Bang- 31 minutes, 1-1, game on. Bang- 43 minutes, 2-1 up at the break.

Half time results are looking good. Dynamos are winning, but Tuks are stuck at 0-0. If it stays like this until full time, it's the play-offs for us.

Bang- 57 minutes, Mokoena bags his hat-trick. Bang - Mokoena slots home a penalty in stoppage time. 4 goals for Mokoena, a solid win for us...But jubilation turns to despair. News filters through that Tuks have scored a late winner. Hearts are broken - it's a 3rd place finish for us this season :(

Final Table

SOUTH AFRICAN FIRST DIVISION INLAND

| Pos   | Inf   | Team             |Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | C     | Dynamos          |28    | 14    | 9     | 5     | 47    | 27    | +20   | 51    | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   | Pl    | Tuks             |28    | 15    | 6     | 7     | 53    | 38    | +15   | 51    | 
| 3rd   |       | AFRICAN WARRIORS |28    | 14    | 8     | 6     | 58    | 30    | +28   | 50    | 
| 4th   |       | Black Leopards   |28    | 14    | 5     | 9     | 50    | 35    | +15   | 47    | 
| 5th   |       | United FC        |28    | 10    | 11    | 7     | 44    | 34    | +10   | 41    | 
| 6th   |       | Winners Park     |28    | 7     | 8     | 13    | 42    | 52    | -10   | 29    | 
| 7th   |       | Witbank Spurs    |28    | 5     | 7     | 16    | 38    | 68    | -30   | 22    | 
| 8th   | R     | Batau FC         |28    | 2     | 8     | 18    | 30    | 78    | -48   | 14    | 

Or for our viewers with colour monitors...

Review

What a way to end the season - but hopefully Tuks will crash out of the promotion play-offs. Having said that, my team has performed wonders this season. With some of the performances we put in, we dispelled all talk of us being relegation candidates. Just a pity we didn't perform against United FC and Batau - losing 4 easy points cost us dear in the end.

Looking ahead to the new season, I'm a bit worried about finding replacements for aging team members. James Mokoena has been one of the key figures in our success this year, but at 36 can he produce the same performances next season too?

Anyway, end of season review incoming (perhaps in the morning, as I've got to be up early for a furniture delivery)...

Unlucky! To lose it the way you have must be sickening! I'd of been tearing my hair out! Just make sure you crop Evans Maluka next time you play against him!

I suppose the only consolation is that you can learn from this season (hopefully) and be stronger for it next year. Plus the fact that you were predicted as relegation fodder and showed no sign of that prediction coming true.

2010 - 2011 End of Season Review

badge.jpg

League

A really good season, with an unfortunate ending. The team pulled out some top notch performances, and easily banished any relegation demons. The team worked together well, and there never seemed to be a lack of cohesion - even when new signings arrived. Apart from my players, I think 2 things can be attributed to the success of the season: tactics, and matchday team talks. Instead of chopping and changing tactics every fortnight, I decided to stick mainly to a 4-3-3 formation. I only changed the formation to a more defensive 4-4-2 when we were playing bigger teams away from home.

Team talks were always something I'd neglected in the past. This season, I managed to give my squad meaningful and more constructive talks instead of well done for winning, or an ear-bashing for losing. As a result morale kept up, and players were eager to up their mediocre performances because they were not being constantly put down.

The highlight of the season for me was our dramatic 3-2 win at Tuks towards the end of the season. The obvious lowlight - Tuks last gasp winner which robbed us of a play-off spot on the last day of the season. We had the last laugh when they were thrashed by a team from the Coastal stream.

Cups

Out in the First Round of both cups. Less said, the better.

Squad

Best Eleven

GK: Emil Kemp

DR: Boiki Mosia

DL: Mohlolo Nhlapo

DC: Aaron Lepele

DC: Shasha Moleko

MC: Paseka Mazibuko

MC: Solomon Maduna

MC: Thiyekile Gulwa

ST: James Mokoena

ST: Lebojoa Mphongoa

ST: Zain Zuurvogel

Full Squad Details

| Name               | Position         | Age   | Nat   | Apps  | Gls   | Ast   | Av Rat|
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Emil Kemp          | GK               | 26    | RSA   | 30    | -     | -     | 6.82  |
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Boiki Mosia        | D RC             | 36    | RSA   | 29    | -     | 1     | 7.14  |
| Mthokozisi Khumalo | D R              | 17    | RSA   | -     | -     | -     | -     |
| Mpho Coetsee       | D RLC            | 17    | RSA   | 4 (9) | -     | -     | 6.73  |
| Mogamat Solomons   | D L              | 24    | RSA   | 0 (2) | -     | -     | 6.50  |
| Aaron Lepele       | D C              | 29    | RSA   | 30    | 1     | 1     | 7.13  |
| Jeffrey Ndlovu     | D C              | 17    | RSA   | -     | -     | -     | -     |
| Shasha Moleko      | D C, DM, M C     | 33    | RSA   | 28 (1)| 1     | 2     | 7.02  |
| Paseka Mazibuko    | D C, DM, M C     | 31    | RSA   | 28    | 3     | 8     | 7.21  |
| Mohlolo Nhlapo     | D/WB L, DM, M LC | 33    | RSA   | 15 (6)| 1     | 1     | 7.08  |
| Mohau Mokopanela   | DM, M C          | 28    | RSA   | 13 (7)| 1     | 4     | 7.08  |
| Mthokozisi Ngcobo  | M R              | 30    | RSA   | -     | -     | -     | -     |
| Mduduzi Nyanda     | M RC             | 20    | RSA   | 1 (4) | -     | -     | 6.70  |
| Jabulani Chabalala | M RLC            | 17    | RSA   | -     | -     | -     | -     |
| Solomon Maduna     | M C              | 33    | RSA   | 28    | 3     | 14    | 7.21  |
| Lerato Mofokeng    | M C              | 29    | RSA   | 1 (2) | -     | -     | 7.00  |
| Oscar Mohohlo      | AM RC            | 33    | RSA   | 2 (17)| 1     | 2     | 6.82  |
| Thulane Davids     | AM RLC           | 16    | RSA   | -     | -     | -     | -     |
| Leonard Casner     | AM RC, F C       | 30    | RSA   | 6 (6) | 3     | 2     | 6.94  |
| Alfred Ndlovu      | AM L             | 17    | RSA   | -     | -     | -     | -     |
| Molefi Loape       | AM C             | 29    | RSA   | 0 (3) | -     | 1     | 7.00  |
| Thiyekile Gulwa    | AM C             | 31    | RSA   | 18 (3)| 2     | 2     | 7.00  |
| Phillip Ramaboudo  | AM C             | 27    | RSA   | -     | -     | -     | -     |
| James Mokoena      | ST               | 36    | RSA   | 27 (1)| 21    | 4     | 7.21  |
| Zain Zuurvogel     | ST               | 25    | RSA   | 23 (4)| 8     | 6     | 6.94  |
| Lebojoa Mphongoa   | ST               | 35    | LES   | 18 (2)| 10    | 5     | 7.07  |
| Sibusiso Ntuli     | ST               | 21    | RSA   | 11 (7)| 6     | 2     | 7.02  |
| Kabelo Abrahams    | ST               | 17    | RSA   | 3 (4) | -     | -     | 6.54  |

With nine of my best eleven players being over 30, it looks like my scouts need to get cracking and find replacements. However, with age comes experience. This was certainly true of James Mokoena, who turned in some marvellous displays of football. Not only was he voted Fans Player of the Year, but also won the accolade of Top Goalscorer in the First Division Inland.

As ratings show, my players worked hard all season, and can be proud of their 3rd place finish.

Backroom Staff

As the season wound up, I decided to say goodbye to the club's physio, scout, and coaches. None of them were good enough to warrant new contracts. Tough maybe, but that's football!

New Club Records

Looks like it's all of them.

2010-11 ROLL OF HONOUR

South Africa

Premier League Champions: SuperSport United.

South African Knockout Cup: Kaizer Chiefs.

South African Charity Cup: Ajax CT.

Super Eight Cup: Ajax CT.

South African FA Cup: Jomo Cosmos.

South Africa First Division Cup: Bay United.

England

Premier League: Chelsea.

FA Cup: Manchester City.

League Cup: Liverpool.

France

Ligue 1: Olympique de Marseille.

French Cup: LOSC Lille Metropole.

Coupe de la Ligue: Olympique Lyonnais.

French Champions Trophy: Bordeaux.

Italy

Serie A: Juventus.

Italian Cup: Roma.

Super Cup: Inter.

Spain

Liga BBVA: Real Madrid.

Spanish Cup: Athletic Club.

Super Cup: Barcelona.

Brazil

First Division: São Paulo.

Brazilian Cup: Atlético Paranaense.

USA

MLS: Kansas City.

US Cup: Houston Dynamo.

Australia

Hyundai A-League: Central Coast Mariners.

Hyundai A-League Finals Series: North Queensland Fury FC.

China

Super League: Changchun.

India

National Football League: Churchill Bros.

Durand Cup: Dempo.

Federation Cup: Dempo.

Other Cups

European Champions League: Real Madrid.

Europa League: Olympique Lyonnais.

European Super Cup: Shakhtar Donetsk.

African Champions League: Etoile du Sahel (Tunisia).

African Confederation Cup: Club Africain (Tunisia).

African Super Cup: CS Sfax (Tunisia).

Asian Champions League: Sepahan (Iran).

Asian Confederation Cup: Al-Ahli (UAE).

Asian President's Cup: Regar (Tajikistan).

North American Champions League: D.C. United.

SuperLiga: Morelia (MEX).

Canadian Champions Cup: Toronto FC.

OFC Champions League: Auckland City (NZL).

Copa Libertadores: Internacional (BRA).

Copa Sudamericana: River Plate (ARG).

Recopa: River Plate (ARG).

WORLD CUP 2010

Hosts: South Africa.

Holders: Italy.

Group Stage Exits

Paraguay, New Zealand, Costa Rica, Denmark, Chile, South Africa, Algeria, South Korea, Spain :eek:, Honduras, Mexico, North Korea, Australia, Switzerland, Japan, Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Second Round

Slovakia 0-2 Nigeria

Holland 0-1 Italy

Russia 2-0 Scotland

Croatia 3-0 USA

Cameroon 0-2 Argentina

England 4-0 Serbia

Brazil p0-0 Ghana

Germany 1-1p Ivory Coast :eek:

Quarter Final

Nigeria 2-1 Croatia

Italy e2-1 Russia

Argentina 1-0 Ivory Coast

England 0-1 Brazil

Semi Final

Nigeria 1-2 Brazil

Italy 1-0 Argentina

Third Place

Nigeria 1-0 Argentina

FINAL

Brazil 3-1 Italy

@Soccer City, Johannesburg.

Att: 87600.

Unlucky psychonaut. With all that experience do you have the right blend of youth for the coming season?

Good luck next season. :thup:

Cheers.

We've got one or two promising youngsters on the U19 squad, I may play them this season. Other than that, there seems to be a lack of players in the 20-30 age range - most are in the SA Premier Division, and snub our loan attempts :(

Preseason 2011

Matches Played

Friendlies

Platinum Stars (H) - won 3-0.

Umhlathuze (H) - won 15-0.

Tilford Zebras (H) - won 7-1.

Carara Kicks (A) - won 3-1.

Bootlaces Academy (H) - won 4-0.

AmaZulu (H) - won 4-0.

Review

All a formality really, although I was pleased with the Carara Kicks result because they're a division above us. Was nice to host Tilford Zebras, who were on a week long visit from Australia.

Squad News

Not much in the way of news. Mphongoa and Mokoena banged in a lot of the preseason goals.

Transfers

PLAYERS IN

| Date               | Person                   | From               | Fee          | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 4.6.2010           | Netshadmudzinga, Timothy | Free Transfer      | Free         | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 7.6.2010           | Hlela, Lucky             | Free Transfer      | Free         | 
| 10.7.2010          | Miller, Vaughan          | Platinum Stars     | Loan         | 
|                    | Total                    |                    | £0           | 

PLAYERS OUT

| Date               | Person             | To                 | Fee                | 
| 1.6.2010           | Abrahams, Kabelo   |                    | Free               | 
|                    | Total              |                    | £0                 | 

Brought in Netshadmuzinga to offer a younger option in terms of a striker. Lucky Hlela was an opportunity not to be missed, and looks set for good goalkeeping performances this season.

Backroom News

Hired a new coach and an extra scout.

August-October 2010

*Decided it was too much effort giving a match by match account - plus I can't recall most of August's games*

Matches Played

First Division Cup

14.08.10: First Round vs Nathi Lions (H) - won 4-1.

29.08.10: Qtr Final vs Thanda Royal Zulu (H) - lost 3-0.

South Africa First Division Inland

21.08.10: Witbank Spurs (H) - won 5-3.

01.09.10: Tuks (H) - won 2-1.

11.09.10: Dynamos (A) - lost 3-1.

18.09.10: Winners Park (A) - won 4-2.

25.09.10: Black Leopards (H) - lost 2-1.

02.10.10: Maritzburg United (A) - lost 1-0.

16.10.10: Tuks (A) - lost 4-3.

23.10.10: Dynamos (H) - won 2-1.

30.10.10: W.P. United (H) - won 1-0.

League Table

| Pos   | Inf   | Team             | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   |
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 1st   |       | Black Leopards   | 9     | 6     | 3     | 0     | 17    | 5     | +12   | 21    |
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 2nd   |       | Dynamos          | 9     | 5     | 3     | 1     | 17    | 12    | +5    | 18    |
| 3rd   |       | Tuks             | 9     | 5     | 1     | 3     | 19    | 15    | +4    | 16    |
| 4th   |       | Maritzburg Utd   | 9     | 5     | 1     | 3     | 14    | 10    | +4    | 16    |
| 5th   |       | AFRICAN WARRIORS | 9     | 5     | 0     | 4     | 19    | 17    | +2    | 15    |
| 6th   |       | W.P. United      | 9     | 2     | 2     | 5     | 9     | 11    | -2    | 8     |
| 7th   |       | Winners Park     | 9     | 1     | 3     | 5     | 7     | 17    | -10   | 6     |
| 8th   |       | Witbank Spurs    | 9     | 0     | 1     | 8     | 8     | 23    | -15   | 1     |

Review

Not doing as well as we were at this point last season. Our defending has sometimes bordered on shambolic, particularly in our opening league match, where we were leading 5-0. Whether it's age or complacency to blame, I don't know. I was however pleased that we managed home wins against Tuks and Dynamos, who I believe to be contenders for the top spots this year. I'm not sure Black Leopards will be able to maintain their current form all season. Anyway, here's hoping we can chalk up some more wins.

Squad

Age is definitely beginning to play a part in our performances. A lot of the squad are down to about 65% condition on the hour mark in each game, and our veteran strikers eyesight seems to be less reliable when shooting.

Bit disappointed with the goalkeeper we signed during the close season. His first name is Lucky - but on his current form he'll be lucky to be signing a new contract.

November 2010 - January 2011

Matches Played

06.11.10: Witbank Spurs (A) - won 3-0.

13.11.10: Winners Park (H) - won 2-1.

20.11.10: Black Leopards (A) - won 1-0.

27.11.10: Maritzburg Utd (H) - lost 3-1.

04.12.10: W.P. United (A) - won 3-1.

11.12.10: Tuks (H) - lost 2-0.

01.01.11: Dynamos (A) - drew 3-3.

08.01.11: Black Leopards (H) - won 5-0.

15.01.11: Witbank Spurs (H) - won 3-0.

22.01.11: Winners Park (A) - lost 1-0.

29.01.11: Maritzburg Utd (A) - drew 0-0.

League Table

|Pos   | Inf   | Team             | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
|1st   |       | Dynamos          | 20    | 13    | 5     | 2     | 38    | 22    | +16   | 44    | 
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
|2nd   |       | Tuks             | 20    | 11    | 4     | 5     | 42    | 28    | +14   | 37    | 
|3rd   |       | AFRICAN WARRIORS | 20    | 11    | 2     | 7     | 40    | 28    | +12   | 35    | 
|4th   |       | Black Leopards   | 20    | 10    | 4     | 6     | 31    | 24    | +7    | 34    | 
|5th   |       | Maritzburg Utd   | 20    | 9     | 6     | 5     | 23    | 17    | +6    | 33    | 
|6th   |       | Winners Park     | 20    | 6     | 6     | 8     | 22    | 26    | -4    | 24    | 
|7th   |       | W.P. United      | 20    | 2     | 5     | 13    | 18    | 33    | -15   | 11    | 
|8th   |       | Witbank Spurs    | 20    | 1     | 2     | 17    | 12    | 48    | -36   | 5     | 

Review

A good 3 month period - the only negative was losing away to Winners Park. The team played well, and are enjoying their football. We chalked up some good wins, including 2 against Black Leopards. The first win was enough to put a serious dent into their promotion hopes, and they've not really looked confident since November. If we can maintain our current form, then a 2nd place finish is a reality. I don't think we'll wrench the top spot from Dynamos - they seem to be charging towards the title again.

Squad News

There wouldn't have been much to mention here, if it hadn't been for the club Chairman. He has let 3 transfers go ahead by declaring the offers too good to turn down. Perhaps he can explain to me exactly how free transfers benefit the club? He's let 2 of my best young players go, and with 2 of my veterans announcing their retirement, I needed them. If there's any more of it, I'll be off.

Yes, veteran striker Lebojoa Mphongoa is retiring in April. I tried to convince him otherwise. But at almost 37 he feels it's time to hang up his boots. Shame, as he's leading the goal scoring charts by a country mile this season.

Top Scorers

|Name                    | Position         | Age         | Apps        | Gls         | Av Rat      |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Lebojoa Mphongoa        | ST               | 36          | 21 (1)      | 17          | 7.38        |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Sibusiso Ntuli          | ST               | 22          | 7 (4)       | 5           | 6.97        |
|James Mokoena           | ST               | 36          | 18 (2)      | 5           | 6.97        |
|Leonard Casner          | AM RC, F C       | 31          | 12 (2)      | 4           | 7.06        |
|Thiyekile Gulwa         | AM C             | 32          | 22          | 3           | 7.15        |
|Shasha Moleko           | D C, DM, M C     | 34          | 19          | 3           | 7.02        |
|Aaron Lepele            | D C              | 29          | 19          | 1           | 7.01        |
|Mohau Mokopanela        | DM, M C          | 29          | 4 (4)       | 1           | 6.97        |
|Zain Zuurvogel          | ST               | 26          | 6 (7)       | 1           | 6.57        |

February-May 2011

Matches Played

05.02.11: W.P. United (H) - won 4-0.

26.02.11: Tuks (A) - won 2-1.

02.03.11: Witbank Spurs (A) - won 6-1.

26.03.11: Winners Park (H) - won 1-0.

09.04.11: Dynamos (H) - won 2-1.

16.04.11: Black Leopards (A) - lost 4-1.

30.04.11: Martizburg United (H) - lost 1-0.

07.05.11: W.P. United (A) - drew 1-1.

SAFA Cup

12.02.11: 1st Rnd vs Rainbow Stars (A) - won 3-2 a.e.t.

05.03.11: 2nd Rnd vs SuperSport Utd (A) - lost 3-0.

Final Table

|Pos   | Inf   | Team             | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   |
|1st   | C     | Dynamos          | 28    | 17    | 7     | 4     | 50    | 32    | +18   | 58    |
|2nd   | Pl    | Maritzburg Utd   | 28    | 15    | 7     | 6     | 39    | 26    | +13   | 52    |
|3rd   |       | AFRICAN WARRIORS | 28    | 16    | 3     | 9     | 57    | 37    | +20   | 51    |
|4th   |       | Black Leopards   | 28    | 15    | 5     | 8     | 50    | 34    | +16   | 50    |
|5th   |       | Tuks             | 28    | 14    | 4     | 10    | 54    | 44    | +10   | 46    |
|6th   |       | Winners Park     | 28    | 8     | 8     | 12    | 29    | 36    | -7    | 32    |
|7th   |       | W.P. United      | 28    | 2     | 9     | 17    | 27    | 50    | -23   | 15    |
|8th   | R     | Witbank Spurs    | 28    | 1     | 5     | 22    | 20    | 67    | -47   | 8     |

Review

Gutted. Totally gutted. Once again, we have snatched failure from the jaws of success. All we needed to do to secure the playoff spot was to beat W.-f*ck*ing-P. United on the last day of the season. Had we not lost to Maritzburg the week before, we would have only needed the draw we got. Poor defending, and 2 idiots for referees, cost us dear. Second last game of the season, even the FA decided that Maritzburg's goal was dodgy. And we had 2 - yes! 2! - goals disallowed on the last day of the season. Absolutely nothing wrong with either, in my opinion.

Well, I'm considering my future. The team is getting weaker by the day, and I don't really see them ever getting into the top flight if the SA referees continue their mickey mouse decision making. Personally, I think there's money changing hands somewhere.

Squad

Our top player, and key striker, Lebojoa Mphongoa decided to retire on 23.4.2011. He started his career at LDF in 1994, before transferring to Bloem Celtic in 1998. He moved to African Warriors in 2007, made 66 appearances, and scored 34 goals - 22 of them in his last playing season.

Full Squad Details

|Name                    | Position         | Age| Nat      | Apps     | Gls      | Ast      | Av Rat   | 
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
|Lucky Hlela             | GK               | 30 | RSA      | 28       | -        | -        | 6.84     | 
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
|Emil Kemp               | GK               | 27 | RSA      | 4 (2)    | -        | -        | 6.92     | 
|Boiki Mosia             | D RC             | 37 | RSA      | 29       | -        | 1        | 7.02     | 
|Mthokozisi Khumalo      | D R              | 18 | RSA      | 4 (3)    | -        | -        | 7.20     | 
|Mpho Coetsee            | D RLC            | 18 | RSA      | 2 (8)    | -        | -        | 6.49     | 
|Mogamat Solomons        | D L              | 25 | RSA      | 0 (1)    | -        | -        | 7.10     | 
|Aaron Lepele            | D C              | 30 | RSA      | 29       | 1        | 1        | 7.03     | 
|Jeffrey Ndlovu          | D C              | 18 | RSA      | 0 (4)    | -        | -        | 6.75     | 
|Shasha Moleko           | D C, DM, M C     | 34 | RSA      | 28       | 4        | 1        | 6.99     | 
|Mohlolo Nhlapo          | D/WB L, DM, M LC | 34 | RSA      | 31 (1)   | -        | 3        | 7.01     | 
|Mohau Mokopanela        | DM, M C          | 29 | RSA      | 8 (4)    | 1        | 3        | 7.04     | 
|Mthokozisi Ngcobo       | M R              | 30 | RSA      | -        | -        | -        | -        | 
|Mduduzi Nyanda          | M RC             | 21 | RSA      | 4 (3)    | 1        | 1        | 6.78     | 
|Jabulani Chabalala      | M RLC            | 18 | RSA      | -        | -        | -        | -        | 
|Solomon Maduna          | M C              | 34 | RSA      | 29       | 1        | 12       | 7.13     | 
|Vaughan Miller          | M C              | 21 | RSA      | 4 (1)    | -        | -        | 6.90     | 
|Oscar Mohohlo           | AM RC            | 34 | RSA      | 1 (15)   | -        | -        | 6.83     | 
|Thulane Davids          | AM RLC           | 17 | RSA      | -        | -        | -        | -        | 
|Leonard Casner          | AM RC, F C       | 31 | RSA      | 20 (4)   | 6        | 6        | 6.95     | 
|Alfred Ndlovu           | AM L             | 18 | RSA      | -        | -        | -        | -        | 
|Molefi Loape            | AM C             | 30 | RSA      | 3 (7)    | -        | 1        | 6.61     | 
|Thiyekile Gulwa         | AM C             | 32 | RSA      | 32       | 4        | 5        | 7.16     | 
|Phillip Ramaboudo       | AM C             | 28 | RSA      | 0 (1)    | -        | -        | 6.90     | 
|James Mokoena           | ST               | 37 | RSA      | 27 (2)   | 9        | 3        | 6.94     | 
|Zain Zuurvogel          | ST               | 26 | RSA      | 13 (10)  | 5        | 4        | 6.80     | 
|Timothy Netshadmudzinga | ST               | 26 | RSA      | 2 (15)   | -        | 1        | 6.41     | 
|Sibusiso Ntuli          | ST               | 22 | RSA      | 7 (4)    | 5        | 1        | 6.97     | 

The Future

Sunday, 8th May 2011: I hand in my resignation. Who know's where I'll end up, or if I'll have a team to manage next season? I fancy a spell in Brazil...

May 2011

So, Raphael Cervantes-DeBoor has quit Africa. Back in Salamanca, swigging on a San Miguel. I decide to contact the press to express my desire to manage some Italian serie C and Brazilian Third Division teams. This has the world's footballing pundits rolling about the floor laughing.

So where can I manage again? I'm not going back to Africa. A couple of days of wondering, and I hear about a job going in China...

yanbian.png

Club Background

Yanbian FC (Simplified Chinese: 延边足球俱乐部, Korean:연변축구구락부) is a Chinese football club currently playing in the Chinese Football Association Jia League.

Founded: 1955 as Jilin FC.

Ground: Hailanjiang Stadium, Longjing.

Capacity: 32000 all-seater.

In 1997, Yanbian Aodong finished 4th in the top division. However, in 2001, the club was relegated to the second division. The first team as well as the franchise were sold to Zhejiang Lücheng. After the sale, the club assembled the reserve team and joined the lowest division. They won the promotion to Jia league in 2004.

Asian Cup 2011

Holders: Iraq.

Hosts: Qatar.

Group Stage Exits

Uzbekistan, Syria, Kuwait, Tajikistan, Iraq, UAE, Jordan, India.

Quarter Final

China 0-1 South Korea

Iran 2-1 Japan

Saudi Arabia 1-2e Qatar

Australia 2-0 Bahrain

Semi Final

South Korea 1-0 Qatar

Iran p1-1 Australia

Third Place

Australia 4-1 Qatar

FINAL

South Korea 0-2e Iran

@Khalifa International Stadium, Doha.

Att:50000.

Ever get the feeling it's groundhog day :(...One PC going cheap, works sometimes, chews up files other times, and throws random errors like toys from a pram...I'm determined to have an FM10 career before FM11 is released. *sigh* Maybe I'll just head down the pub...All that bloody effort in South Africa gone like a straw hut in a bushfire...

The old PC is sitting in the corner of the room, facing the wall, wearing a pointy hat with a D on it.

Thanks to ebuyer.com, I've now got my shiny i5 beast with 4gb of ram, and Windows7 64. I've set up the important features - FM10 :) - never before have I seen 5 stars for Game Speed and Computer Performance. I've decided to set up rolling saves this time.

Archived