[FM10] Marine - From Rossett Park to Goodison Park

m1234566778

This save will be played as a dafuges challenge save. After holidaying through and finding that one of the promoted teams were Marine I immediately took the job in my bid to get them to the Premier League and above all else beat Liverpool and Everton away.

Updates will be done monthly, however, I'll skip pre-season as I don't play pre-season.

Played on the original database with NO edits, England BSN/BSS and above, Ireland Premier Division and Spain Liga Adelante and above

Pre-season Transfers

INS

Sam Slocombe Free

Ashley Wooliscroft Free

Ciaran Kilheeney Free

Jay Ashcroft Free

Tom Baker Free

Chris Peel Free

Darren Barnard Free

Aaron Moses Garvey £4K Burton

Kristian Platt Loan (6 months) Chester

Ben Jones Loan (3 months) Chester

OUTS

A number of reserve and fringe players.

August Update

Nuneaton 0-2 Marine

A great performance as we won away from home against a club that are going to be solid play off chasers. We took the lead through Ciaran Kilheeney in the first half and Lee Parle doubled our lead mid-way through the second half. Great result.

Marine 2-0 Tamworth

Another really good win against a club relegate from the BSP. Kilheeney again put us in front with an excellent finish before Michael Jackson :D sealed the win 10 minutes from time. Another great win, in a great start to the season.

Hyde 2-1 Marine

We put up a great battle away at Hyde and despite losing I was very happy with the perfromance and the goal, which was scored by Aaron Moses-Garvey. They were the better team though and deserved the 3 points.

Marine 1-1 Vauxhall

A solid performance although I can't help but feel disappointed at not getting 3 points. Ben Jones grabbed our only goal of the game 15 minutes from time.

Boston United 4-0 Marine

Shocking, thats all I'm going to say about this one. Out played from start to finish.

September update

Marine 2-0 Alfreton

A great performance and 2 wonderful goals scored by Aaron Moses-Garvey. The goals either side of half time put us firmly in the driving seat as we could have won by more.

Marine 1-5 Hinckley

Another shocking result in a match we should have picked up a point. Moses-Garvey scored our only goal of the game.

Stalybridge 3-2 Marine

A good performance and two more goals from Moses-Garvey couldn't prevent us from losing at Bower Fold. Stalybridge played clever attacking football.

Northwich 1-2 Marine (FA cup qual.)

An excellent win for us away at tough opposition. Neil Prince and Jay Ashcroft scored the goals which sent us through to the next round of the cup.

Northwich 1-0 Marine

An exact replay of the match we had just played but this time it was in the league and this time we lost.

October Update

Newcastle Town 3-2 Marine (FA cup qual.)

I was angry and disgusted with this result. We should have won easily but struggled to even score 2 goals. Barnard and Ashcroft scored the goals.

Marine 1-0 Redditch

A boring match but it's the 3 points that matter and we got them. Ben Jones scored on what was his last game for the club.

Marine 1-2 Stafford

Poor, I thought we could have won this one but had to even battle for a goal. Moses-Garvey scoring our only goal of the game.

Telford 1-0 Marine

A good performance despite the result. Thats all I can really.

End of season Update - Marine (10/11)

League Position: 6th

Top scorer: Aaron Moses-Garvey 24

Review

A steady start was followed by a mid season blip in which we lost 3 games in 3 matches. However, we picked up in the second half of the season and went from 18th to 7th in just 5 matches. The table was tight and the final league table meant that 4th to 8th all had the same number of points. We missed out just on goal difference. But 6th was still a very respectable position considering it was our first season in the BSN. Our home form was the best in the league, played 21, won 17, drawn 1 and lost 3. An absolutely fortress was created. However, our away record was terrible as we only won 3 away matches all season.

Our attendances picked up as we got near the end of the season. We averaged just over 700 for the last few games where as we were averaging 200 at the beginning. The finances were poor all the way through the season and are currently insecure.

Aims for next season

. Make the play-offs

. Make better finances

. Have a good cup run

I'm losing a load of money at the moment and I don't know why, £12,000k at least per month. Also, I declared my interest in another job and the fans turned on me and I was asked to apologise by the board. In most of my games I can only name 3 subs due to a lack of players and even youth players. Our away form is shocking, we've lost 6 in 6 away compared to our 6 in 6 winning home record.

How I love the lower leagues. :D

Not sure how much longer I'll last, I've just checked my job security and it's.... Insecure. :(

Archived