[FM10] All Roads Lead ToMexico!!

ToMexico!!

I've spent a little time behind the scenes on a new save and I thought it was time to share what has happened so far.

The new editor has opened up many avenues for FM10 and so many users have started saves with previously unplayable nations. Latin America is an area of the world that is largely unknown in the FM world and is somewhere I have some affection for having been to Cuba and Mexico myself.

FM10 - Unpatched.

Leagues loaded - Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, USA (USL-D1) and England.

Map of Central America + Caribbean

All the leagues used can be found [url="http://www.fmsite.net/foro/Recopilacion-de-Ligas-y-Copas-Extra-para-FM-2010-t43462.html#"]here[/url]. 

Manager Profile

I have set myself up as a Honduran national with an Automatic reputation which has come up as National on the profile. I am currently unemployed so will apply for any available jobs.

Started unemployed and applied for vacant positions in Guatemala, Honduras and Panama. A week later Panamanian side Olimpic FC came back with a contract offer. I negotiated down to 1 year. They accepted.

Olimpic FC are a Professional side in the Panama Premier Division. They were founded in 2005 and have a local reputation. They are predicted to finish in 11th (bottom). They play their home games at the Giancarlo Gronchi de Pedregal which has a 1000 capacity. They possess Adequate training facilities with average youth facilties and a youth aceademy.

2009/10 - Olimpic FC - Panama Premier Division

Media Prediction - 11th

Transfers - 11 In (2k) & 2 Out (1k)

I moved quickly to bring in nearly a complete new starting eleven. The team now mostly made up of Honduran's and Guatemalans was ready for what was to come. (The screenshot does not reflect the transfers as I made signings before the newgen date)

Panama PremDiv - 5th (8-7-5)

My first season in management was a decent one, we scored plenty of goals on the road to the 5th placed finish which was excellent (second highest goalscorers, 37). However conceding 27 along the way showed the rest of the league we wouldn't be contending for a top two spot until the leaky defence was sorted.

Cup - Qtr Final

We were already in the Qtr Final for some strange reason, anyhow we lost to Tauro and were out.

Squad/Stats | Salguero | Chaparro

Finances - we started in the black but were soon losing around 25k a month. We end largely in the red.

Season | Team         | Division        | Finished    | Cup         | Continental | Other
2009/10| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | 5th         | Qtr Final   | n/a         | - 

2010/11 - Olimpic FC - Panama Premier Division

Media Prediction - 11th

Transfers - 2 In (0k) & 11 Out (0k)

I felt I had a decent squad but needed a couple of players to strengthen key areas. A new RB and LB came in during the course of the season to serve as back-up to the first team.

Panama PremDiv - 3rd (10-5-5)

Our second season was much better, we were pretty comfortable and showed that by finishing 3rd. We were top scorers in the league with 39 but we still conceded a few too many with 21. Yet again Tauro were far too strong as they won the league for the second consecutive season.

Cup - First Round

Meh, Cups suck arse

Squad/Stats | Chaparro

Finances - we continued to lose money and we end on around -250k which is horrific.

Season | Team         | Division        | Finished    | Cup         | Continental | Other
2009/10| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | 5th         | Qtr Final   | n/a         | - 
2010/11| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | 3rd         | 1st Round   | n/a         | - 

2011/12 - Olimpic FC - Panama Premier Division

Media Prediction - 8th

Transfers - 3 In (0k) & 1 Out (0k)

We needed to strenghten the squad a little in the defensive mid area so in came Colombian Andres Santamaria. Salguero lacked goals last season so in came some competition for him, Pomilio Mejia.

Panama PremDiv - 3rd (8-11-1)

Managing to only lose one game in the season would be consider Champions form but drawing 11 games on the other hand wasn't. We sturggled to see games out this season which annoyed me. We scored less this season and still conceded a few too many.

Cup - First Round

Meh, Cups suck arse still.

Squad/Stats | Salguero | Mejia

Finances - we had an internal takeover which helped us as the new chairman restructured the debts with a 325k loan. Thus meaning we were back in the black. Coupled with a nice 50k for finishing 3rd I was happy with the finances finally.

2010/11| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | 3rd         | 1st Round   | n/a         | - 
2011/12| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | 3rd         | 1st Round   | n/a         | - 

2012/13 - Olimpic FC - Panama Premier Division

Media Prediction - 5th

Transfers - 5 In (0k) & 24 Out (£500)

A few more in and a couple of dozen out, mainly youth players. I signed a new striker and some more central midfielders, attacking and defensive options.

Panama PremDiv

We started poorly, we were struggling to win games and started to draw a few too many.

At this point in time I applied for a couple of available jobs in the Mexican Promotion League and was promptly sacked by an unforgiving board. I left the club in a healthy state, under the wage budget and with money in the bank. The job hunting began...I applied for various jobs in Mexico and Honduras to no avail. I was then offered the chance to managed in Guatemala with CD Heredia.

socialgroupicon_1276_1234039624gif.png

CD Heredia are a professional club in the Liga Nacional de Guatemala. They have a 8000 capacity stadium with Adequate training facilities along with Good Youth Facilities and a youth academy. They currently have affilations with Guatemalen side San Benito and Mexican side Pachucha.

I take over the side sitting in 11th but have a media prediction of 4th, so they are performing poorly. The squad in pretty poor too with far too many 30 somethings. Transfer money has been made availalbe but only 32k and we have some wage budget left over to work with

2011/12| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | 3rd         | 1st Round   | n/a         | - 
2012/13| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | Sacked      | n/a         | n/a         | Sacked
2012/13| CD Heredia   | Liga Guatemala  | 11th*       | n/a         | n/a         | -

*position when took over

2012/13 - CD Heredia - Liga Nacional de Guatemala

Media Prediction - 4th

Transfers - 1 In (0k) & 0 Out

There were very little quality players interested in joining and the team suffered as such. Only one player joined and that was Bryan Juarez, who was largley dissapointing. All the other transfers were by the previous manager.

Liga Nacional - 12th (Relegated) (5-8-20)

Taking the club away from relegation was the aim and thats what didn't happen. I won just 2 games since taking over the club, once against Aurora FC and the other at Marquense.

Cup - n/a

Was out before I arrived.

Squad/Stats

Finances - are healthy we did have around 650k in the bank when I arrived and now have just under 500k. So hopefully I will have some funds available for building a new team.

2012/13| Olimpic FC   | Panama PremDiv  | Sacked      | n/a         | n/a         | Sacked
2012/13| CD Heredia   | Liga Guatemala  | 12th        | n/a         | n/a         | Relegated & Sacked

The job hunting begins again....

Applied for a host of jobs such as Indios, Necaxa, Marte Soyapango, Carolina Giants, Irapauto, Puebla, Asseri, Metapan...clubs far too big for my managerial experience it seems.

Finally around 15 months of applying for jobs I am the new manager of Cienfuegos FC.

FC_Cienfuegos.png

They are a semi professional club who play in the Campeonato Nacional de Cuba. They play their home games at the 5 de Septiembre stadium () which possess' basic training facilties and a very basic youth setup. They are currently sitting 14th out of 16 teams after 11 games. They are predicted to finish 6th.

2014/15 - Cienfuegos FC - Campeonato Nacional de Cuba

Media Prediction - 6th

Transfers - 1 In (0k) & 0 Out (0k)

Only one player came in as there was very little quality about to try and strengthen the squad. Mario Rene Canahuati couldn't even then be registered for the league as he arrived outside the deadline.

Liga Nacional - 13th (7-10-13)

I took over the club sitting in 14th place, they had only won one game and had 7 points. Our squad was poor throughout and I could see why they were in that position. So yeh, after just 19 games we had scored just 4 goals. From then on in it just clicked. The turning point was the win over Camaguey, followed by wins over Santiago de Cuba, Las Tunas and Villa Clara over the course of the next 5 games. That was soon followed by a win over Isla de la Juvetude before only one point from the remaining three fixtures. So we finished in 13th with 31 points which from what we started at was quite respectable.

Squad/Stats

Finances - not to shabby actually, they were only 1.5k in the red when I took over so to only be a further 10k worse off isn't too bad.

2012/13| CD Heredia   | Liga Guatemala  | 12th        | n/a         | n/a         | Relegated & Sacked
2013/14| Unemployed
2014/15| Cienfuegos   | Liga Nacional   | 13th        | n/a         | n/a         | - 

2015/16 - Cienfuegos FC - Campeonato Nacional de Cuba

Media Prediction - 8th

Transfers - 3 In (0k) & 14 Out (0k)

First signing was Daniel Brito, a DM/MC. He joined for free from Cuidad Habana. Next in was out of contract Nicuraguan, Jorge Cundano. He was trialed by my previous club Olimpic FC. My 3rd and final player in was Humberto Soldevilla, he was back-up for the first team.

Liga Nacional - 2nd (15-9-6) Champions Play-Offs Winners

What a season, a new tactic and a new belief. There were no wholesale changes just a new goal keeper and that what made the differnce. We ended the season conceding the least with only 18. Yet we struggled to score goals week in week out, we had turned ourselves into the one nil win kings. 10 games in total were won 1-0 and a huge 19 games won to nil.

Finishing second was an incredible achievement but to go one further and win the Champions Play-Off was fantastic. We comfortbly beat Pinar del Rio 3-0 before stumbling to a extra time win over Isla de la Juventud, that after having a player sent off. The final was against Cuidad Habana and they were favourites but not by much. Again we had a player sent off but we held out til extra time, with it set to go to penalties we were given a penatly of our own which was calmly dispatched by Mariano Villar. We held out and were crowned champions.

Squad/Stats | Cundano | Navarro | Ibarra

Finances - are not that bad still. We're only arond 15k in debt which makes good reading for such a small club in a low repuatation league.

2013/14| Unemployed
2014/15| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 13th        | n/a         | n/a         | - 
2015/16| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 2nd         | n/a         | n/a         | Champions

2016/17 - Cienfuegos FC - Campeonato Nacional de Cuba

Media Prediction - 3rd

Transfers - 4 In (0k) & 6 Out (0k)

We needed a little strengthening in centre defence & centre midfield as well as finding a top striker. First to arrive was Esteban Socre, he was a pre-arranged transfer from Industriales. Alain Cervantes then joined to add something else up front but wasn't exactly what I wanted. Soldevilla then joined to possibly slot straight into CB and Cordies then joined as back up for CB.

Nacional de Cuba - 6th (11-14-5)

We started pretty mediocre in the league before a quick turnaround saw us jump up to 4th. We started to play some decent football and we rose up the league to 2nd. Game week 16 saw us top the table for one game. We sat around 3rd/4th until 6 games of the season remained where we lost the ability to score and we dropped down to 6th. We only scored 36 goals which is a concern however we still only conceded 20 goals.

Finishing sixth meant we were in the Champions Play-Off again. We up against Guantanamo. Leading into the game our performances had been poor and lacked goals. I knew we wouldn't go far unless things changed. They didn't, we lost 2-0.

Squad/Stats | Golmayo

Finances - are still under the -20k mark which is great. Attendances are steadily growing and in a season or two we could be profiting from those.

2013/14| Unemployed
2014/15| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 13th        | n/a         | n/a         | - 
2015/16| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 2nd         | n/a         | n/a         | Champions
2016/17| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 6th         | n/a         | n/a         | - 

So that's where I'm up to. Now into my 10th season and I've signed a new 1 year contract with Cienfuegos. £90 a week, whoop.

I had applied for a couple of jobs in the Mexican Promotion League but didn't get any. I think I'll need to manage back in Guatemala or Honduras before moving to Mexico. US D1 is an option too. Only time will tell.

Thanks for the support bobatwal, Jason and crouchy! I'm really enjoying this save, probably the first one of FM10. The obscurity of the leagues and the career path that I could follow is just right to keep me fully entertained. Managing in Mexico is the penultimate step before managing in England. Would like to manage Newcastle as that's who I support, but i'd be pleased with the any team at the right time as long as its a step in the right direction.

[font=Arial][b]Reyes signs new deal with Cienfuegos. [/b]

Cienfuegos' manager Gerson Reyes has put pen to paper on a 2 year contract extension. The 38 year old is set to stay at the club until May 2020.[/font]  

So yeh, I've decided to stay on for at least another two years. I need more league wins under my belt before I can move on to a bigger club. I was offered a 3 year deal at £90p/w but negotiated it down to the 2 years and raised the wages to £100p/w. Payrise \o/

2017/18 - Cienfuegos FC - Campeonato Nacional de Cuba

Media Prediction - 3rd

Transfers - 2 In (0k) & 17 Out (8k)

Only 2 players in this season. Dominguez came in at first choice LB after the departure of Canahuati to Isla de Juventud for 8k. This freed up one space for a foreign player to come in and I opted for a striker. Noel Bernardez joined for free after being released by Marathon.

Nacional de Cuba - 1st (16-12-2) Champions Play-Off Winners

A great season for Cienfuegos finishing top of the league for the first time under my reign as manager. Consecutive draws on the opening games of the season saw us sit down in 11th from then on in confidence and performances grew as we moved up the league swiftly. Game week 9 saw us top the table for the first time only to see us lose our first match of the season two games later to drop down to second.

We were restored to the top of the league just a game later, where we stayed for the rest of the season. We ended the season top scorers and also conceded the least which I was more than happy with, my only gripe would be the amount of draws we were in.

Squad/Stats | Cundano | Bernardez

Finances - are forever drawing closer to the plus figure. The player sale helped but the attendances improved during the course of the season, breaking ours attendance records every few weeks or so.

2013/14| Unemployed
2016/17| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 6th         | n/a         | n/a         | - 
2017/18| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 1st         | n/a         | n/a         | Champions

Former Club Watch

Olimpic FC

Since leaving in 2013, Olimpic finished 3rd in a further three consecutive seasons before going on to win the Panama Premier Division in 2017. They won the Copa Panamena de Futbol in 2016 and 2018, finishing runner up in 2017. The club take over must have been a profitable one, they have spent around 600k on players including Nigerian forward Joseph Collins for 325k in 2018.

CD Heredia

After being sacked in 2013 the club was relegated but returned to Liga Nacional for the 2015 season. Then then finished runner-up in the Liga in 2016 before winning the Liga in 2017. They were then runners up again in 2018. Heredia have spent around 200k on bringing success to Estadio Julian Tesucun.

Payrise's FTW :D. This is an awesome career here ToMexico. So interesting dipping into previously unplayable/heard of leagues!

Thanks iacovone, really enjoying this save at the moment. Only problem is the club I am currently at. Cuba is in the Caribbean and there is no Champions Leagueso to speak, so the team and my personal reputation won't increase until I am probably far too dominant in the league.

I'm trying to find the right team to take over when the job becomes available. Second division Honduras or Nicuraguan league would be the best choice but so far i've been knocked back by various clubs. Only time will tell.

Breaking News

I have resigned as manager of Cienfuegos. Not competing in a continental competition was doing my nut in. I've applied for a host of jobs in Mexico but not expecting to get one. I played pre-season and have been unable to improve the squad. Lets hope I can get a job in Central America and not the Caribbean.

Great thread and read. Shame you had to leave Cienfuegos due to the lack of progression.

Did you not add the CFU Club Championship as I thought Cuban teams were playing in that again?

I plan to play a big Americas save in the future, will you be making the leagues you created available to download?

Great thread and read. Shame you had to leave Cienfuegos due to the lack of progression.

Did you not add the CFU Club Championship as I thought Cuban teams were playing in that again?

I plan to play a big Americas save in the future, will you be making the leagues you created available to download?

I've not created these leagues. They were created by others which can all be found on the site listed in the OP.

Yep it is a shame I had to leave but it was beginning to frustrate me. I had applied for a couple of jobs before I decided to quit and the board offered me the chance to resign, so I did.

After leaving Cienfuegos 10 months ago I am finally back in management. I am the new manager of USL Division 1 side the Cleveland City Stars.

Cleveland_City_Stars.jpg

They were founded in 2006 and are a professional club. They play their home games at the Middlefield Cheese Stadium which has 5000 capacity. They possess adequate training and basic youth facilities. They are affectionately known as the City Stars.

I take the club over sitting 10th in a league of just eleven sides. They have a media prediction of 7th, which is still attainable with 10 games to go. The squad is very poor with the odd exception. The club are significantly in debt, -600k in my actual finances and a 2.2m loan debt hanging over our heads. We have a affiliation with Columbus which could be of some use in the future.

The Middlefield Cheese Stadium? :D Almost as good as Pizza Hut Park!

Good luck in the US - you've had a varied career so far. Maybe this will get you enough recognition for an MLS job. :thup:

Haha yeh such a great name! Yep a varied career due to my high aspirations and the leagues low reputations I have selected. Things will indeed pick up.

The Middlefield Cheese Stadium? :D Almost as good as Pizza Hut Park!

Good luck in the US - you've had a varied career so far. Maybe this will get you enough recognition for an MLS job. :thup:

Just almost as good as Red Bull Arena. ;)

Welcome to America ToMexico!! Not too sure what to say about Cleveland, Ohio, but at least there's LeBron and the Cleveland Cavaliers at the "Q" (Quicken Loans Arena), the horrible NFL team known as the Cleveland Browns...USL have European style transfers so it won't be hard for you to adjust. Best of luck. :thup:

2018/19 - Cleveland City Stars - USL D1

Media Prediction - 7th

Transfers - 24 In (0k) & 3 Out (21k)

All the transfers were made before I arrived. We are massively in debt and that is down to the previous manager bringing in some crap players in on high wages. I'm currently addressing this situation. I made one player sale, veteran GK Vallecillo leaving for his homeland for 5k.

USL D1 - 6th (12-8-10) Champions Play-Off Winners

Whaaat. How? Yes you read right we are USL D1 champions. The club wasn't in such a bad position as the table suggested. I had 10 league games to turn around the clubs fate and with a change on tactic we did such. I knew we wouldn't be reaching the heavy heights of 1st 2nd or 3rd but I knew our media prediction was very achievable. A fluid 4-4-2 with a holding midfielder with attacking fullbacks was the way forward. We won 8 on my remaining league games and drew the other two. That meant we rose to 6th place and a Play-Off place.

We defeated Vancouver in the quarter-final 1-0, then beat Portland 2-0 in the semi's setting up the final with Carolina. A thrilling game was ended with a narrow 3-2 win for the City Stars.

Squad/Stats | Connelly | Grisi

Finances - big debts hanging over the club but i'm confident I can build a decent squad with the finances made available, even it means going over the budget slightly.

2013/14| Unemployed
2017/18| Cienfuegos   | Liga de Cuba    | 1st         | n/a         | n/a         | Champions
2018   | Unemployed
2019   | Cleveland    | USL D1          | 6th         | n/a         | n/a         | Champions

Very cool stuff here! I half-wish I'd get sacked. Been stuck with the same mediocre Third division Brazilian side for 7 years now.

This would be great for LLM Forum.

I once posted a save in LLM but was heckled by them for my posting in GPTG so I have never been back. Wasn't Nobby once a LLM poster? Times are changing and there aren't as many careers being posted in there anymore. Half the threads are about Monday of every week anyway. However it would be a good read for in there.

I once posted a save in LLM but was heckled by them for my posting in GPTG so I have never been back. Wasn't Nobby once a LLM poster? Times are changing and there aren't as many careers being posted in there anymore. Half the threads are about Monday of every week anyway. However it would be a good read for in there.

I used to post there. Uncle Iajafer has his rules and moderates with a blunt-edged tongue sometimes. However, each to their own. It wasn't the place for me anymore. Not since the league editor was born.

I used to post there. Uncle Iajafer has his rules and moderates with a blunt-edged tongue sometimes. However, each to their own. It wasn't the place for me anymore. Not since the league editor was born.

They are very much by the letter of the law. Definitely since the editor has opened the avenues there has been a decline in LLM Forum careers and also users in the CSE Forum.

Are we allowed to cross-post in both forums, keeping the more detailed updates in here?

*Sorry for hijacking your great career Mexico*

No. Will be frowned upon by the majority. Strictly no presence in forums such as this and then posting updates in LLM.

Nice set up you've got here with some unknown leagues :thup: and it looks as if you're having fun too. Good to see you having some success after a dodgy start.

I once posted there too and had my thread promptly closed after "fear of accusations of cheating in the future" due to my contribution to a thread about the ambiguity of tactics on FM09, not asking for tactics but discussing the ambiguity of them. No chance to see how my thread would've been received there but closed due to fear of accusations in the future! In my opinion, very elitist. Like I said, my opinion. So, that's what prompted me to start the desire for this forum and i'm glad people are posting and enjoying our new forum :D.

Sorry to rant in your thread ToMexico but seeing as we were on the topic thought i'd add my two cents.

Good thread and enjoying the read. :thup:

Raware, your desire to start this forum was the best creation since sliced bread! :D

But anyways, in terms of LLM, I spent around 10 minutes there, posting once, got flamed, and left forever. Apparently success is forbidden and anyone who has success gets their thread closed and accused of cheating. Too many restrictions, too many users there trying to be an arse, and the strong presence of the grammar police. I respect the rules there, doesn't mean I agree with them. CSE and Careers Forum are my homes on the forums now. Sorry to rant again but LLM really gave me a rude welcoming on the forums... :( [/rant]

In other news, a very good season there with Cleveland ToMexico!! Good luck next season. Mon the Second Season aka Playoffs!! :D

Nice set up you've got here with some unknown leagues :thup: and it looks as if you're having fun too. Good to see you having some success after a dodgy start.

Good thread and enjoying the read. :thup:

In other news, a very good season there with Cleveland ToMexico!! Good luck next season. Mon the Second Season aka Playoffs!! :D

Thanks chaps, things are going well at the moment. I'm halfway through the season and may have an update later tonight.

2020 - Cleveland City Stars - USL D1

Media Prediction - 5th

Transfers - 7 In (0k) & 1 Out (0k)

After releasing numerous deadwood players it was all about bringing in the much better squad players. I pre-arranged the signings of a new GK, RB, MC. I made the most of the 7 foreigner maximum rule by adding an Eygptian LB, a Moroccan back up GK and a Hungarian AMR. (Jorge Garcia was a pre-arranged deal by the previous manager but only gave a contract that ended on the date he joined. He was rubbish anyway)

USL D1 - 1st (19-7-4) Champions Play-Off Winners

I wouldn't say that we cruised the league but it was steady going. It did take 9 games to hit the top of the table as Charleston and Portland started strongly. It was pretty much plain sailing from there on in but Charleston started closing the gap. We steadied our own ship to claim 1st spot by just 3 points.

We were up against Charleston in the quarter final and we came out winners in a tight game with the goals coming in the second half. We then played Montreal in the semi final, Connelly scoring after 13, before Montreal equalised. A boring second half saw us go to extra time where Montreal took the lead, then Connelly got his second to take us to penalties. Which we nervously won 5-4. This set up a Final against Peurto Rico which again went to penalties and we prevailed in a 5-4 win, us scoring all of our spot kicks.

US Cup - 3rd Round

We struggled to overcome American United but we were through. This meant a second round tie against Harrisburg, we won comfortably 3-0. We were then drawn against MLS giants Seattle. We scored a goal but they scored 6. :(

Squad/Stats | Connelly | Horvarth | Ramadan

Finances - are still poor but what would you expect, we're averaging attendances of nearly 3000 so I would say we're just about breaking even at the moment.

2013/14| Unemployed
2018   | Unemployed
2019   | Cleveland    | USL D1          | 6th         | n/a         | n/a         | Champions
2020   | Cleveland    | USL D1          | 1st         | 3rd Rd      | n/a         | Champions

I've applied for the vacant managerial position at DC United. Not expecting to get it but it would be nice. I'm fearing a fans backlash if I don't and I stay on at Cleveland.

EDIT: Well that was quick, I didn't get it. No fan/board backlash \o/

So you went from Panama to Guatemala to Cub and then to the US. I bet you're on some kind of CIA watchlist! :D

God job at Cleveland so far. How long do you think you'll stay with them? What's your rep atm?

Haha yeh, could seem that way. I think i'm probably going to stay here for this season, my reputation is only National.

I keep looking at the job list and see the odd opportunity such as DC United. I think winning the title again which I'm course for, for the third successive time could boost my rep enough to find a decent job elsewhere.

2021 - Cleveland City Stars - USL D1

Media Prediction - 1st

Transfers - 6 In (0k) & 0 Out (0k)

I made use of the free transfer market again and brought in a couple of defensive gems in Pozzi and Beto both of whom were foreigners, meaning we had filled out our quota for foreign players. The two other pre-season transfers were both Americans, defensive midfielder Wallington and striker Valadez. I have made two signings at the end of the season so far, Ghana youth international James Boateng who signed from Kokoto for free and Mark McFarlane who signs from Maryland to add some competition in the centre of the park.

USL D1 - 1st (17-11-2) Champions Play-Off Winners

We breezed the league this time, we were pretty much unstoppable, only losing two games all season, both where we had mini injuries crisis'. It took just two weeks this time to hit top spot and we never relinquished it. I would say Charleston and Rochester who finished second and third respectively where the challengers but they weren't at all, as we ended the season 15 points clear. We only conceded 22 goals this season which was fantastic, although we did not score the most goals this season, that crown was taken by Puerto Rico.

US Cup - 3rd Round

Yet again we struggled in the opening round this time against Indiana Hoosiers, though we won 2-0 the performance was poor and I let my players know. We only then scrapped past Maryland in the second round with a 3-2 victory at home. That set up a 3rd round tie against MLS side Columbus. Hopefully we would be embarrased like last seasons 6-1 drubbing at the hands of Seattle. Thankfully we weren't, we even took the lead through Connelly, though a second half comeback saw Columbus prevail 2-1.

Squad/Stats

Key Players

Hamilton - A rock in goal, keeping 15 clean sheets. Wanted by Columbus, DC United and Los Angeles.

Beto - The giant centre half was key at either end of the pitch, had an amazing 5 goals dissallowed during the season.

Horvarth - Our only out and out winger, playing a 4-4-2, I pushed him forward to AMR. He responded with 5 goals and 10 assists.

Connelly - 18 goals for the season, equaling last seasons total, got injured a couple of times which hampered his form.

Finances - doesn't make good reading, we're still losing money though our average attendances once again rose. Player sales might be the only option to reduce the debt.

2013/14| Unemployed
2018   | Unemployed
2020   | Cleveland    | USL D1          | 1st         | 3rd Rd      | n/a         | Champions
2021   | Cleveland    | USL D1          | 1st         | 3rd Rd      | n/a         | Champions

You're doing a fantastic job at Cleveland ToMexico, your rep must be quite high and I think an MLS job might be yours this season :thup:

Afraid not, not MLS anyway because I've signed a contract at Mexican promotion side Estudiantes Santander. It was the move to Mexico I wanted. I take the club over sitting in 15th place out of 17 teams in the Mexican Promotion League. With only 13 games gone I have 3 games of the opening stage to go.

I have signed a deal until June 2023 on a salary of £1,400 per week. Looking at my staff, I have an AssMan, a youth coach, one physio and a amazing 20 scouts :eek:

altamira-fc-logo.jpg
altamira-fc-logo.jpg

Club Altamira FC are a professional Mexican club currently playing in the Mexican Promotion League. The club play their home games at Estadio Olimpico de Altamira which has a capacity of 7880 (all seated). They have fairly basic training facilties and a basic youth setup. They are predicted to finish 11th.

The club are currently 190k in the red with the finances and have a 6m loan debt hanging over the club.

Archived