SFraser's Training Schedules for FM10

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen players unhappy with training will not train as well. If you have a chat with them, tell them that thier training level is unacceptable, they will begin to train much better and thier concern changes to happy.

Seems, man management is now a key factor in training.

Ham,

I see what you are saying, and I would agree with you on priciniple.

From what I can see, FM dosn't work like that. I've experimented with that thoery before and never recieved success, these schedules which I used in FM10 have given me the most success I can recall from FM.

I might actually experiment with this notion during my training methods, perhaps FM11 may have taken a more real life approach to training I think I last tried the real life approach to training in FM08

Using that spreadsheet is not offering any long term development, I used it straight away on the demo (using the CB developing, 1st team and Veteran schedules) to test, it offers a few green arrows at the first 2 months (in the training progress, no real visual improvement to atts)

It sounds like neither of us have done any real testing. You may be right, but I think it's too early to say one way or the other. It would be odd to couple a complete under-the-hood revamp of training schedules with only superficial changes to the interface. It also seems that a complete revamp of training schedules would have been mentioned in an announcement or press release. But only time will tell. If I was playing the game instead of disagreeing with you, I might have some evidence already :)

The removal of Set Pieces and also I think Training Workload is much more easiy to reach heavy from medium has altered the training system quite a bit, it may not be a drastic change, but it brings a lot of the training theories I've read require some tweaking and rethinking.

When I compare the training workload for one of SFraser's original schedules in FM10 to the workload for the same schedule adapted to FM11, they seem very close. I am guessing that the training workload was adjusted to compensate for the removal of 4 attributes for outfield players (everything in Set Pieces except Crossing) and the change to Goalkeeping. Might be wrong, but Occam agreed with me during his morning shave.

It sounds like neither of us have done any real testing. You may be right, but I think it's too early to say one way or the other. It would be odd to couple a complete under-the-hood revamp of training schedules with only superficial changes to the interface. It also seems that a complete revamp of training schedules would have been mentioned in an announcement or press release. But only time will tell. If I was playing the game instead of disagreeing with you, I might have some evidence already :)

When I compare the training workload for one of SFraser's original schedules in FM10 to the workload for the same schedule adapted to FM11, they seem very close. I am guessing that the training workload was adjusted to compensate for the removal of 4 attributes for outfield players (everything in Set Pieces except Crossing) and the change to Goalkeeping. Might be wrong, but Occam agreed with me during his morning shave.

I have done about 16 months and there's been no solid improvment using the spreadsheet tactics. I then retweaked them and done another 16 months and whilst the improvement was better, it wasn't at the level that FM10 enjoyed.

That's the reason, I'm testing my own techniques. I'm getting mixed reviews using the guidelines that SFraser took, but not so much with the schedules.

What level of match preparation are people using? I bet if you decrease that then you will see better training results.

Could someone please post thier best guess at training schedules based on SFraser's logic? We don't want perfect we want something!! I have done the youth ones but I would prefer not to have to do the rest.

What level of match preparation are people using? I bet if you decrease that then you will see better training results.

Could someone please post thier best guess at training schedules based on SFraser's logic? We don't want perfect we want something!! I have done the youth ones but I would prefer not to have to do the rest.

What as the success like with the youth?

At Man Utd, I had no enjoyment with the schedules.

I had considered doing my testing with 0% Match Prep but that's not going to be a realistic way of playing the game. I'll probably keep it at 20% (the testing has been done at 20%) during an actual game. I will obviously adjust it depending on the situation, big/must win game or if my team suffers a loss of form, match prep will be much more important!!

Good point on match prep.

The link to my take on SFraser's schedules for FM11 is back on the previous page. Here it is again: Mediafire. See the post (#1096) for details on the modifications I made for FM11.

Hi all.

Has anyone had any kind of result from the new Individual Training Focus? Does it have some sort of conclusion like with the PPM, ie, player/coach telling you they've trained enough or is it something that needs constant monitoring and changing? I'm only mid August 2010 with Liverpool at the moment and I'm using the ingame training schedules with some small improvements (no number increases, but some green arrows) to about 25% of the whole squad. I'm a bit of a slow worker so it takes me a while to go through a whole season, so if anyone who uses holidays to test their training has some info for this I'd be 'obliged'...;)

Hi all.

Has anyone had any kind of result from the new Individual Training Focus? Does it have some sort of conclusion like with the PPM, ie, player/coach telling you they've trained enough or is it something that needs constant monitoring and changing? I'm only mid August 2010 with Liverpool at the moment and I'm using the ingame training schedules with some small improvements (no number increases, but some green arrows) to about 25% of the whole squad. I'm a bit of a slow worker so it takes me a while to go through a whole season, so if anyone who uses holidays to test their training has some info for this I'd be 'obliged'...;)

Hey

Thus far, I havnt really experimented with training focus as it would interfere with my current experiments.

I'm pretty sure it's somethng that constantly requires monitoring. It also might be useful to know a few things about attribute development. After all a player at 31 isn't going to improve his stamina or natural fitness much now is he? So pretty much a waste of time asking him to focus on this? Although it may well be that if he focuses on this, it might slow down the decay for older players!

What as the success like with the youth?

At Man Utd, I had no enjoyment with the schedules.

I had considered doing my testing with 0% Match Prep but that's not going to be a realistic way of playing the game. I'll probably keep it at 20% (the testing has been done at 20%) during an actual game. I will obviously adjust it depending on the situation, big/must win game or if my team suffers a loss of form, match prep will be much more important!!

remember that match preparation is used only for first and reserve team. youth team's players have 100% on personal trainings (still need to check what happens if you move U18 players between first and youth team)! I couldn't play in latest days but I (personal intuition) can assume that individual training focus (let's call it ITF ;p) will lead in higher bar in selected category, where there are graphs of player page->training tab.

I'll look at here if I was in you.

Playing more than 1 year with preparation match low, with a not strong Serie B team, I got important improvement on U23 players, especially the ones that played regularly.

remember that match preparation is used only for first and reserve team. youth team's players have 100% on personal trainings (still need to check what happens if you move U18 players between first and youth team)! I couldn't play in latest days but I (personal intuition) can assume that individual training focus (let's call it ITF ;p) will lead in higher bar in selected category, where there are graphs of player page->training tab.

I'll look at here if I was in you.

Playing more than 1 year with preparation match low, with a not strong Serie B team, I got important improvement on U23 players, especially the ones that played regularly.

Where they playing first team or reserve or u18 games?

My main problem is I rely on training and games at these levels to develop my players. I can't pick a 17 year old with 7 for passing to play any part in my league. Not when I have a player who is at 21 and still has room to develop but is currently able to hold his own in a first team game

Where they playing first team or reserve or u18 games?

My main problem is I rely on training and games at these levels to develop my players. I can't pick a 17 year old with 7 for passing to play any part in my league. Not when I have a player who is at 21 and still has room to develop but is currently able to hold his own in a first team game

Answer: first team. In Italy reserve team is useless.

Let 17 years old players play in youth team. Or if still want him in first team (but I can't understand why...) make him play the last 20 minutes of matches for example.

Or give him on loan where he can play regularly (on a decent level). But 17 years to me is to leave in youth team.

FM11 training !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finish this agony !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you read the last page at last you would see some people are tryng too

Or at least offering short term fixes which may offer some limited success

Thanks a lot! Was looking for somebody to do this.

I have made an attempt to port SFraser's schedules to FM11. The Focus used to construct the schedules is based on the spreadsheet put together by ProZone and DocSander which can be found on page 6 of this thread. The only change is that I increased the ATT Focus of wide players to compensate for the removal of Set Pieces and Crossing going into Attack training. These schedules do not include the two injury schedules, nor any of the experimental schedules -- basically, if it isn't in the spreadsheet I didn't do it.

Note, these are totally untested. I made these for myself and thought I'd share since other people seem to be looking for something like this.

Mediafire link

I can see the TSH1 file in my schedules but when i click on import i get the message that it can be done

for some kind of strange reasonthe I suddenly sax 1st choice AM between my schedules, but that's the only one ...

Can someone help me?

Is it ok to leave someone constantly on the same trainingschedule during the season or should i change trainingschedule every 2 months to get better results? (as in real life)

Some thing on Individual Focus:

- I left a WB more than a year with Cross as focus. No attribute gain in Cross, not even a +1. This is just ONE case that make me say "don't expect necessary an improvement"

- GK: in GK drop down menu I saw the possibility to train at Saving Penalty (I'm not english). wtf? :)

- I've seen some gain in the training effort category related to IF. But I assume that there's a slighty lower effort in the other categories (sounds logic honestly)

I've used SFraser's method for creating training schedules and had them active for about 6 months on FM 11 I've seen improvements but not nearly as much as I saw in FM10. Match Preparation seems to have a massive effect on training. I currently have a 70:30 bias towards training as my team is fluid in the tactics I use.

I have about 20 first team schedules (for differing match experience age fitness etc etc etc) if anyone wants to give them a go let me know and I'll put them up.

I'm going to try the following to see if it generates better training

Number of skills effected by training divided by percentage of workload as a decimal = number of notches for optimal training

For example:

Aerobic training effects 5 skills (Acceleration - Agility - Balance - Jumping - Pace)

so 5/0.7 = 7.14 or rounded 7 notches for a steady 1 point of training in each skill.

Individual Focus only seems to work for areas where your training is lacking. If for example your GK schedule has high GK handling and your backroom staff says a gk could benefit from a individual course in kicking ignore them because you will see very little benefit if any at all over normal training.

I have made an attempt to port SFraser's schedules to FM11. The Focus used to construct the schedules is based on the spreadsheet put together by ProZone and DocSander which can be found on page 6 of this thread. The only change is that I increased the ATT Focus of wide players to compensate for the removal of Set Pieces and Crossing going into Attack training. These schedules do not include the two injury schedules, nor any of the experimental schedules -- basically, if it isn't in the spreadsheet I didn't do it.

Note, these are totally untested. I made these for myself and thought I'd share since other people seem to be looking for something like this.

Mediafire link

Just a question: What is de different betweer SP AF en SP DLF? And there is no schedules for a defensive midfielder?

Sorry, I should have explained that right away. ST - DLF is Deep Lying Forward, SFraser's CF schedules. ST - AF is Advanced Forward, what SFraser calls ST. I changed the names because FM11 doesn't have CFs anymore. You should check the rest of the thread to see the differences between the two sets of schedules and determine which is best for any given player. As SFraser says, he may be a bit atypical in how he uses his strikers, so there have never been wonderfully descriptive labels for the two sets (which I certainly made worse by changing them).

hi, i need some help here. when i try to import the schedule into my game, it say ' this file could not be imported '. i dont understand, i did import other's schedules into my save before, it work perfectly, but how come this doesnt? i create a folder called schedule, and place the file inside, but it isnt working. am i doing it wrongly? can someone help me

Mediafire link

I used SFraser's training schedules last year which were brilliant I may add.

I was wondering if these are based on his 1.1 slightly tweaked version or the original one which was causing too many injuries?

I was also wondering how you are getting on with these and if they are working just as good as last year or what?

Cheers.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I have it on extremely good authority that the number of attributes in a category doesn't affect the spread of CA throughout the category. The game will always assign CA predominantly to the lower attributes, as it's easier to become passable at something you're rubbish at than to become the best at something you're already very good at.

As such, there is no need to alter your training levels for the number of attributes in each category.

Has this always been the case or has this change for FM11? Because if my understanding is correct, this is the basis on what SFraser's hugely successful training schedules was based on in the first place? Also SFraser seemed to think there had been no large changes to the training system in this version and sure this would rank as one?

I used SFraser's training schedules last year which were brilliant I may add.

I was wondering if these are based on his 1.1 slightly tweaked version or the original one which was causing too many injuries?

I was also wondering how you are getting on with these and if they are working just as good as last year or what?

Cheers.

It's based on the spreadsheet back on page 6, which I'm almost certain includes the tweaks. I have not had an unusual amount of injuries (but of course, experiences regarding injuries were always mixed, so that doesn't really mean anything). As for my results, I'm slow and am not even through 6 months yet so it's too early to tell.

As I said before, I based my translation on this spreadsheet. I didn't modify the spreadsheet for FM11 or I would upload that for interested people. But I can say that in addition to what grimness said (change the values for a few categories), you'd need to make a different formula altogether for keepers. Not only do keepers have their two specific categories, but the categories they have in common with outfield players cover a different number of attributes. Strength has 2 instead of 3, Tactics has 6 instead of 5, and Ball Control has 1 instead of 4. This is based on the categories that are highlighted in the Attribute Development widget. So basically, that spreadsheet will work for outfield players if you make a few changes. But I'd just do the calculations by hand for keepers.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I have it on extremely good authority that the number of attributes in a category doesn't affect the spread of CA throughout the category. The game will always assign CA predominantly to the lower attributes, as it's easier to become passable at something you're rubbish at than to become the best at something you're already very good at.

As such, there is no need to alter your training levels for the number of attributes in each category.

So what is the best strategy for training on FM11?

So you know the formula for the overall workload? Could you tell me them? That is the missing link for me at the moment :)

Perhaps I shouldn't have said "do the calculations by hand." I have no idea how the overall workload is calculated. All I meant was multiplying the desired focus for each category by the number of attributes in that category.

That calculation is also not difficult. I was thinking that you also calculate the overall workload to check if is a possible or impossible schedules.

This calculation is easy, therefore I don't niet de spreatsheet. I want to use the spreadsheet to calculate the overall workload, because I don't know the formula for the overal workload.

So you know the formula for the overall workload? Could you tell me them? That is the missing link for me at the moment :)

I calculated the overall workload to be:

0.855 * general training clicks

+

2.22 * physical training clicks

It's just an approximation but it seems to work.

Based on your theory my calculations results are equal to 109.53 which is completely wrong comparing with training levels graph :p (Overall Workload)

What calculations are you doing?

It might be worth noting that the game saves workload as an integral value from 0->130.

109.53 would probably be saved as 110 (I think it rounds up).

If you set Strength and Aerobic to 25 and then pick a general training area, you can set that to 22 before filling the workload bar. However, if you take either Strength or Aerobic back down to 24, you can't subsequently return it to 25. This indicates that, although the game may save only integral values, the calculations probably involve decimals to hold intermediate values.

I have been editing the schedule SFrasier made as well, currently i have got a proper set-up for the GK schedules, except for the U-17 as i need to do some calculations on the clicks / workload ratio.

All the goalies are pleased, and in half a season there are skill-ups here and there.

This has been tested with teams as low as the English Npower League 2 and not one player became less than pleased.

For the calculations for the regular squad i came close towards those figures of ZdlR.

0,85 for the general training parts.

2,21739130434782 for the physical parts.

They are not completely correct as in a couple of occasions they are wrong with one click less.

Most of the time they are spot on, so a little bit of tweaking is needed, maybe i will try the 0.855 for the general training parts as ZdlR

I am currently working on the schedules for the outfield players, so do not expect an upload shortly.