FM10 - Racing Santander Thread

LFCBIRIANI

Racing have been a very solid team on FM for a while now. They have some very talented youngsters (Canales, Edu Bedia, Luisma) and some excellent experienced players (Tono, Oriol, Pinillos, Serrano, Colsa, Munitis, Luis Garcia).

They need a new striker as their main option is Tchite and he's injured and rubbish. I bought Palermo from Boca who's a little old but quality, Kikin Fonseca is also a good option. Alex Geijo is much better than he looks, he scored 28 goals in my first season with Racing. Andrade is another must buy for me.

My first team was:

GK: Tono - quality keeper, 3rd best in the league I think, maybe even better than Valdes

RB: Pinillos - quality full back, quite old but physically and mentally he's still in top notch shape

LB: Christian Fernandez - a real beast of a player, good technical and mental stats and outstanding physical stats.

CB: Oriol - good central defender, versatile and with the right stats in the right places

CB: Marc Torrejon - decent defender but Andrade is better

CM: Gonzalo Colsa - quality midfielder, a little slow but very consistent and creative, excellent mental stats.

CM: Mehdi Lacen - good DM, good tackling and all round player

RM: Pedro Munitis - outstanding mental stats mean good performances, good technical and physical stats for his age

LM: Oscar Serrano - excellent winger, extremely consistent, better than he looks

ST: Alex Geijo - excellent goal scorer if given a chance

ST: Martin Palermo - top notch target man, strong, good finisher and dominant in the air

Cancel the loans of Nasief Morris and Xisco, they're both useless and too expensive. Henrique and Laslo Sepsi are both decent and worth hanging onto. Racing have an old squad so it's worth investing in youngsters and giving Luisma, Edu Bedia and Canales playing time to improve their CA. I also brought in Gai Assulin. Ivan Bolado has a long-term injury but he's a decent player when fit.

Archived