[FM10] What's death like?.. "Have you been to Swindon?!"

uncle ron

150px-Federacion_Boliviana_de_Futbo.png

October 2015 - CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifier

The South America FIFA World Cup Qualifiers start in October. Bolivia start with a home tie against Paraguay then in midweek an away game in Lima, Peru.

10.10.2015 - 0-0 v Paraguay (h) ranking 18th

The team is ravaged by injuries with 6 starting players out. I take a bit of a gamble with a young team, comprising 2 new caps in the starting XI to a 17 and 18 year old.

The gamble pays off against a the 3rd best team in South America, with a solid 0-0 draw.

14.10.2015 - 0-0 v Peru (a) ranking 61st

A magnificent goalless draw away at Peru. We see off the bombardment, despite going down to 10 men after 64 minutes and loosing our star midfielder to injury shortly afterwards. I need to sort out the formation to start making chances as we only make 2 shots in the game.

COMEBOL World Cup Qualifying Table - 8th/10

Bolivia World Ranking 106th (-13)

Next fixtures in November

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlucky in the playoffs but it's a great acheivement to reach them after being predicted to fight relegation. That'll teach you to leave your first choice left back out! :);)

Good luck for the new season and with the qualification campaign with Bolivia :thup:.

I see you played Alex Henshall! He's a hot prospect and I've played football with him a few times, he's a good kid.

Yea, he's a great prospect. Probably the most technically gifted player at Town I've seen come through the youth system. Let's hope he doesn't leave!

He's not in FM 2010 and I've added him into my game. I've seen him play a few times whilst watching the youths and the England U16 games he has been involved in, so he will definitely be in FM2011.

Unlucky in the playoffs but it's a great acheivement to reach them after being predicted to fight relegation. That'll teach you to leave your first choice left back out! :);)

Good luck for the new season and with the qualification campaign with Bolivia :thup:.

Cheers Raware :thup:

Actually I'm not sure that even if I'd played Garbutt that game it would have made a difference. Sheffield United were way too good and deserved to get promoted, especially after beating Bristol City in the play-off final!

South American qualification is fun and a mammoth task. It's very surprising that I have not conceded in my 3 games with Bolivia (1 friendly win 2-0 as well as those above), but I can't see where the goals are going to come from.

November 2015 - CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifier

14.11.2015 - 0-3 v Chile (h) ranking 52nd

I try out a new 3-5-2 formation to replace the 4-2-2-2 default as I'm needing to fit a formation to my squad to at least try to be an attacking threat.

Needless to say this doesn't work as we are totally dominated in possession. But we do score our first goal of the qualifying campaign. The 3 man defence can't cope, but with a lack of options I'm struggling to find a strong back line.

18.11.2015 - 0-1 v Brasil (a) ranking 6th

Now we're playing a 4-4-1-1. Pato hits an early goal for Brasil. It could have been so many more as they dominate play, as to be expected. But I'm surprised that we don't cave-in and let in more goals. We do make a couple of counter attacks and look a bit dangerous, but totally outclassed.

CONMEBOL Table after 4 rounds 10/10.

FIFA Ranking 112th down 6 places

June 2016

Our first games since a 2-1 friendly win against El Salvador back in March.

04.06.2016 - 1-1 v Ecuador CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifier (H) ranking 31st

I've decided to play a 4-1-4-1 formation to keep it a bit tighter at the back with a target man to play to at the front. We perform much better in possession than previous games, but still can't fashion enough chances. Escalante's goal was a cracker from 30yards.

26.06.2016 -2-1 v Uruguay CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifier (A) ranking 23rd (Manager Diego Forlan)

Uruguay are restricted to long shots in the early first half and then out of nowhere the ball is sent up and Diego Suarez runs from midfield and scores! Just before half time Uruguay hit back with an obvious offside goal. Shocking decision. We take the initative early in the second half with Suarez getting his second goal. Uruguay keep pressing forward with 23 shots compared to our 5, but we hold on for our first win of the qualifying campaign :cool:

Table after 6 games

725.png

2015/2016 - Swindon Town - Championship

Board Expectation: Safe mid-table position

My Expectation: Safe mid-table position

Transfer Budget: £150,000 (increased by player sales)

Wage Budget: £76,500 per week

Transfers | 12 in for £2.5M | 7 out for £5.25M | 11 released |

Significant money was raised from player sales which allowed me to break the club record transfer fee paid to sign the young Russian (FC) Melnik from Zenit for £950K. Also Di Vicenzo signed for a bargain £550K from PAOK.

We are fairly average for the first half of the season, eventually reaching a high of 4th just before Christmas, then it all went downhill. Despite the winter signings of Swedish U21 Mellberg and young MC Miller from Manchester Utd we are shocking in the Winter and slip down the table at an alarming rate. The defence is to blame and our club captain, Alex Bruce has several warning out his form, but eventually I can't stand him any more, we fallout and I offer him mutual termination of his 2 year to go contract and he leaves the club. We finish the season a bit better with 3 wins in our last 3 games, a good sign for the new season finishing in 13th.

13th Championship Table | League Graph | Squad & Appearances | Finances | Best XI | Best Overall XI |

U18s

Boosted by our best player coming through the club ranks, Kevin O'Brien, we lose only 1 game all league season to take our first title for 4 seasons.

Squad & Appearances | U18 Table | Fixtures

Charlton in the Championship I see. If you don't mind looking, are any of the young players still there, Shelvey, Solly, Mambo, Stavrinou, Wagstaff and Tuna?

Here is the 2016/2017 Charlton Squad.

Shelvey is at Atalanta in Italy in Serie B after being released from Charlton. Bizarre.

Solly is playing at Crewe in League One.

Mambo was released in 2010 and joined Thurrock but is now a free agent.

After leaving Charlton in 2010 Stavrinou joined Wycombe and is now a free agent after being released from Harrogate Railway of the Northern Premier.

Wagstaff is now retired.

Tuna left in 2010 to join St Albans. Currently plays for Italia Shooters in the Canadian League.

725.png

2016/2017 Championship Preview

Teams

Board Expectations: Safe Mid Table Position

My Expectations: Top Half Finish

Media Prediction: 13th

Odds: 40-1

Transfer Budget: £125,000

Wage Budget: £93,000 p/w

Season Ticket Holders: 6069

Club Value: £14.25M

Youth Intake: Bets prospect I have seen in FM for many years. Pat Stevenson is a AMRC with exceptional attributes for a 16yo. He is immediately my best right winger and I'm trying him out in pre-season. Coaches recommend he will be a good player in the Premier League. Hopefully that will be with Swindon!

Here is the 2016/2017 Charlton Squad.

Shelvey is at Atalanta in Italy in Serie B after being released from Charlton. Bizarre.

Solly is playing at Crewe in League One.

Mambo was released in 2010 and joined Thurrock but is now a free agent.

After leaving Charlton in 2010 Stavrinou joined Wycombe and is now a free agent after being released from Harrogate Railway of the Northern Premier.

Wagstaff is now retired.

Tuna left in 2010 to join St Albans. Currently plays for Italia Shooters in the Canadian League.

Thanks for that :thup:

Stevenson looks good, 6 ft 4 and not one footed either. Might want to get that determination rating up through some tutoring though. What's his natural position, AMR? With his pace and acceleration but decent all round game he might make a better central midfielder?

Thanks for that :thup:

Stevenson looks good, 6 ft 4 and not one footed either. Might want to get that determination rating up through some tutoring though. What's his natural position, AMR? With his pace and acceleration but decent all round game he might make a better central midfielder?

His natural position is at AMR and only slightly lags behind in the coaches recommendations at MC and AMC. You are right that he could do with a bit more pace and acceleration to play at AMR so I'll give him the next two seasons to see how he improves to play at AMR otherwise I agree that he will be better suited to central midfield.

July 2016

As a result of our recent excellent form Bolivia have moved up 38 places in the world rankings to 71st position. Although we are still the worst South American nation.

Next match in in September.

Remaining CONMEBOL fixtures:

3.9.2016 - Venezuela A

7.9.2016 - Argentina H

8.10.2016 - Peru H

12.10.2016 - Colombia A

8.2.2017 - Paraguay A

22.3.2017 - Chile A

3.6.2017 - Brasil H

7.6.2017 - Ecuador A

9.9.2017 - Uruguay H

13.9.2017 - Venezuela H

14.10.2017 - Argentina A

18.10.2017 - Colombia H

September 2016

03.09.2016 - 0-4 v Venezuela (A) CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifier - Ranking 64

Suarez and our best FC are both out injured also our first choice GK has retired over the summer. Bolivia are humiliated against the 2nd weakest team in South America. Nuff said and best forgotten.

07.09.2016 - 0-2 v Argentina (H) CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifier - Ranking 2

We play well until Moreno is sent off for a second booking. In the end Argentina score 2 late goals. Again we are dominated and played off the park.

Qualifying table

October 2016

08/10/2016 - 1-1 v Peru (H) CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers - Ranking 43

Suarez and our 1st choice FC are back in the squad. Other changes include a new captain and GK.

We should have beaten Peru. The draw effectively kills off any faint chance of making the play-offs.

12.10.2016 - 0-3 v Colombia (A) CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers - Ranking 15

Same story again. Totally outclassed in another comprehensive defeat. I'm beginning to run out of options.

Current Table

I woldn't be too worried at Stevenson's pace. After all he's only 16. He looks a good enough prospect in my eyes and could even be a better MC advanced playmaker than winger if he improves his team work and work rate in my humble opinion. Sami Kefi wasn't that much better at his age.

I woldn't be too worried at Stevenson's pace. After all he's only 16. He looks a good enough prospect in my eyes and could even be a better MC advanced playmaker than winger if he improves his team work and work rate in my humble opinion. Sami Kefi wasn't that much better at his age.

Just noticed Stevenson's profile now states "could be the next David Beckham" and Manchester United are interested :cool:

He has just turned 17 and signed his first professional contract, unfortunately it is only 3 years, but with a £100,000,000 buyout clause.

Ron, with regards to Sean Morrison did you ever see a "Could be the next Rio Ferdinand" in his profile?

Was quite happy with it, managed to blag £4m out of Stoke for him after 6 seasons :)

I haven't seen him referred to in that high a regard in this save. Interesting to hear considering his potential ability is not set that high.

You did good to get £4M from Stoke. I ended up selling an unhappy Morrison to Cardiff for only £500k, but a welcomed fee at that time as we were heavily in debt.

In my save, now in 2017, Morrison is a squad player at Aston Villa.

I haven't seen him referred to in that high a regard in this save. Interesting to hear considering his potential ability is not set that high.

You did good to get £4M from Stoke. I ended up selling an unhappy Morrison to Cardiff for only £500k, but a welcomed fee at that time as we were heavily in debt.

In my save, now in 2017, Morrison is a squad player at Aston Villa.

What database are you using? Mine was on 10.0.3.

I played him in virtually every game other than when he was injured in the first season, which may have something to do it. He was a regular England u19's as well.

See the screenshot for proof of his alleged potential.

http://yfrog.com/2fmorrisonqj

What database are you using? Mine was on 10.0.3.

I played him in virtually every game other than when he was injured in the first season, which may have something to do it. He was a regular England u19's as well.

See the screenshot for proof of his alleged potential.

http://yfrog.com/2fmorrisonqj

I started this save with 10.2, but included changes for Swindon in 10.3. But there was no change to his potential this season, just an increase in current ability.

Sean is a -7 potential, so under the right conditions and tutoring could theoretically a fair Premier League player and perhaps on the fringes of the England squad. Of course, being a minus potential means he will differ from game to game.

Hmmm, suppose I got lucky that the -7 resulted in his PA being fairly high. I've since started a new game cause I got bored, but he seems to be doing ok with Swindon in the current save im on, whether or not he'll have a potential that he did in my old save is a different question.

June 2017

3.6.2017 - 0-1 v Brasil (H) CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifier

Parking the bus still doesn't work and Brasil score the only goal in the 86th minute. I'm happy with the possession but not with our lone shot on goal in the 92nd minute. The fans are not happy.

7.6.2017 - 0-4 v Ecuador (A) CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifier

Early goal from Ecuador and I decide to attack rather than defend as I want a goal. Also lets face it we have no chance. We lost 4-0.

Table after 14 rounds

On the 11th June I decide to resign from Bolivia after a disastrous qualifying campaign (which still has 4 rounds to go) after failing to score in 2017.

Total record with Bolivia

P: 17

W: 3 (2 friendlies)

D: 5

L: 9

GS: 10

GA: 28

GD: -18

725.png

2016/2017 - Championship

Transfers

In pre-season the only player to leave for a fee was young Romanian SC Casian Cristescu who joined fellow Championship team Notts County for a massive £2.4M. He didn't really perform since joining and I jumped at the chance at making a massive profit as I signed him for only £350K a season ago. This money allowed me to sign Hungarian DC Istvan Toth for a club record £1.2M from Slavia Sofia. All other signings were either loans or free transfers. Of the free transfers I was glad to link up again with Latvian Jevgenijs Isakovs (DMC) who joined from Rapid Bucharest.

At the start of the season I massively cocked up by accidently removing Austin as captain. Needless to say, he wasn't best pleased and requested a transfer, which was rejected. Austin's form hasn't been great since our promotion and is now a squad player.

The season starts with the League Cup and an away tie at League Two Cambridge United. Despite Town making 22 shots and restricting Cambridge Utd to 1 shot in the game, Cambridge score a fluke in the 87th minutes to take a 1-0 win. My cup nightmares continue.

Our third match of the league sees DL Luke Garbutt come back to haunt Swindon. Garbutt scores 2 penalties for Sheffield Utd in a 4-1 win. New youth intake revelation Pat Stevenson scores a goal within 5 minutes of his first start for Town. His header comes in late August during a 2-1 home defeat against Coventry. Stevenson is becoming a crowd favourite already.

In October the Chairman Andrew Fitton announces he is planning to leave. Takeover by a Director fails in November.

The already international squad is added to with Oman international Al-Hoseni who joins as a free agent in late November. At this time Town were in 18th posiiton and the squad was beginning to become unsettled, concerned about the poor performance of the team. I completely agree and hadn't expected a relegation fight.

Our form improved in December to pull us away from the relegation places with 5 wins in 7 games. Almost certain to be because of a new 4-1-3-2 tactic. Get the December manager of the month award. This a is followed by 5 league wins out of five in January to take the MOM and climb Swindon to 10th place. The unbeaten run is put to an end by a strong Bolton team in early February, going down 3-1 after losing MC Garvan to injury in the first half.

January sees the Chariman (Still Fitton) accept a £4M bid from Crystal Palace for DL Mark Reilly. Whilst I don't want to see him go I've more than a suitable replacement in fellow Irishman Jean Marie Ishimwe (dual Rwandan). The extra cash and other player sales helps the wage situation which was exceeding £100K per week and allowed me to sign Alex Smithies from Aston Villa and DC Samuli Honkanen. Smithies goes stright into the first XI and only concedes 9 goals in the remainder of the season.

Another surge of form in March with 4 wins out of 5 takes Town up to 7th place and 1 point off the play-offs. I'm rewarded within the MoM.

In late April Club Director Nick Watkins took over from Andrew Fitton. The takeover had been on the cards for nearly 1 year and I'm glad it is over and happy it didn't affect my management and the squad. Watkins soon announces he doesn't plan to make any investments, as expected.

In the end, despite our magnificent run, with a game to go we our 3 points behind 6th placed Bolton but with a 8 goal difference, after drawing 3 and winning 1 of our April games. So going into the final league game away at lowly Charlton I decide to experiment and try some youngsters and take away a 1-0 win. In the end I'm proud with our 8th place finish and best Championship points total under my management. Our comeback and form since December taking 59 points out of81, rising from 17th to 8th and challenging for the play-offs has been fantastic. I'm not sure what to put it all down to? Whether the change to playing 4-1-3-2 or just a quality bunch of players finally gelling? Perhaps it is the latter so I'm hoping I can retain this squad over the summer and I won't be making much foray into the transfer market as I want to build the team. Although this might be harder than it sounds as the majority of the team are being watched or wanted, including the Russian FC Melnik who is attracting interest from all over Europe.

Championship - 8th - Table | Graph

Squad & Appearances | Finances | Best XI | Best Overall XI

Highest Attendance: 17050 (v Reading in Championship)

Average Attendance: 14214

Top Goalscorer: 16 - Leonid Melnik

Highest Average Rating: 7.17 (49 apps Marcos Di Vincenzo)

New Club Records:

• Highest Gate Receipts - £450K v Cardiff (FA Cup 3rd Round)
  • Highest Transfer Fee Paid - £1.4M Istvan Toth from Slavia Sofia
  • Highest Transfer Fee Recieved - £4M Mark Reilly to Crystal Palace
  • Total Transfer Income: £7M
  • Fastest Goal - 15 seconds Imad Al-Hoseni v Derby in Championship

Swindon u18s - Squad & Appearances | Fixtures | Table

Albania_FA.png

Not long after leaving Bolivia I decide to apply for the first International post available.

I'm glad to be the manager of the U21s who idol Norman Wisdom.... Albania.

Albania U21s have played 1 match in the UEFA U21s Qualifiers and are in a group with France, Scotland, N.Ireland and Malta. Shortly before I joined Albania held Scotland 2-2 away.

After a August friendly my first competitive game is at home to Malta.

8.9.2017 - 5-0 v Malta U21 (H)

After struggling to create any chances and dominate games with Bolivia I'm glad to finally thrash someone at International level. We are no match for Malta and run out comfortable 5-0 winners.

At the end of September Albania have played two games and are second in the group.

The top placed team qualifies for the play-offs for the Finals with the two best runner-ups.

Once I get familiar with the squad I will give an update on the players.

Albania_FA.png

October 2017

1-1 v N.Ireland U21s (A)

I'm glad with the draw but we really needed to win to lead the group.

0-0 v France U21s (H)

An excellent draw to hold France 0-0 at home. France dominated play but we more than matched them in defence.

Table after 4 games is very tight with all except Malta real contenders to finish top of the group. The only issue so far is the draws meaning France are lowest in the best second place teams. More wins are needed, starting with two winnable games in November against Scotland at home and Malta away.

Albania_FA.png

November 2017

17.11.2017 - 3-2 v Scotland U21s

After going 2 nil up early in the game the second half sees a great comeback from Scotland, until a late winner gives us a vital win which puts us level on points with France at the top of the group.

21.11.2017 2-0 v Malta U21s

We need to score plenty of goals as France have already put 7 past Malta and still have a game against Malta later in the campaign. Whilst we win 2-0, we hit the woodwork 4 times and fail to make our many shots on target count.

Table - With 2 games to go we are top of the group but on the assumption we beat Northern Ireland in September 2018 we face a crunch final game against France. It is a pity is is in 1 year.

725.png

2017/2018 - Swindon Town - Championship

Season Expectations | Odds | Youth Intake | Transfers

Championship Table - Position 1st | League Graph - For the first time in this career I decide to keep faith with the same team as last season in an attempt to put to bed our poor starts to the past two seasons. Out go SC Connely to mega rich Woking for £400k and Andy Bishop for £500k to Premier League Birmingham. The only signing was 18 yo Croatian DM/AMLC Filip Krznar for £1.1m. Versatile Filip is a big prospect and I'm glad to finally sign him after tracking him for the past 18 months. All other signings were season long loans on nil wages to bolster the squad, including a 33 yo Branislav Ivanovic from Chelsea.

The decision to start the same first XI (with the exception of Ivanovich in for the injured Melberg) pays dividend with a 5 wins out of 5 in August. The 3 out of 3 league wins seals the manager of the month. Our 19 match unbeaten run comes to an abrupt end suffering a 3-0 defeat at rivals Reading, but we quickly regain the tempo and are in the mix all season thanks to free transfer Chineese International Zhang.

Following the cup run our form takes a bit of a dive with successive loses, but we manage to secure the promotion with 4 games to play, then beat 2nd place Southampton 1-0 at the County Ground in the penultimate game to take the deserved title.

FA Cup - I was glad we were eventually beaten in the game at Sunderland as the fixtures were starting to pile-up and I wanted to concentrate on the League Cup.

League Cup - Throughout this save I haven't had any real cup run, so to my surprise we make it to the League Cup final and beat a full strength Spurs 2-0. To get to the final we only conceded 2 goals and have to rely on penalties 3 times, where GK Alex Smithies was the hero of all 3 games.

Semi Final v Chelsea - Semi-Final 1st Leg - 0-0 v Chelsea (a) | Semi-Final 2nd Leg - 2-0 v Chelsea (h)

Final v Tottenham - Final match stats | Final teams

In beating Spurs, Swindon claim our 1st major cup win since 1969 and qualify for the Europa League in the progress

In all this season beat all my expectations. We did the double, albeit the League Cup and Football League Championship, but this is my best achievement in FM since FM 2007.

Squad & Appearances | Best XI | Best Overall XI Fans Player of the Year - Alex Henshall My Player of the Year - Alex Smithies for the cup heroics

New Club Records

• Highest Average Attendance - 16132
  • Highest Average Rating - 7.38 (Alex Henshall)
  • Most Games Without Losing - 24
  • Most Games Without Conceding - 6
  • Highest Transfer Fee Recieved - £5M (Ivan Toth)

U18s Table

Finances | In June the board announced another small stadium expansion

Ron, any chance I can use your database edit to include Alex Henshall next time I start a new game?

Here is a link to my Swindon changes made back in January when I started this save.

Keep an eye on my blog as I will be releasing 'official' Swindon updates in the summer for FM2010.

• 3 weeks later...

With all the research for FM2011 and following Wembley bound SFTC, I've not had much time to play FM recently nor update, so here's brief update.

2018/2019 - Swindon Town - Premier League

Odds | Expectations | Transfers | Squad & Appearances | Finances | Best XI

Premier League 9th - Table | Graph - Amazing first season back in the Premier League. We started off poorly but later in September soon managed to pick up a run of wins and eventually secured a mid-table finish with little fuss. No outstanding performances, apart from beating rivals Reading 5-0 at home towards the end of the season. I can't get over how much money there is sloshing about. I broke our club record transfer 3 times during the season, spending £23M spread over 48 months. I love my Eastern Europeans with large Russian and Turkish contingents at the club. Record signing Kombarov turns out a bargain at £8.75 and is soon a wonderkid and Young Player of the Year.

FA Cup - 3rd Round replay v Liverpool lost 2-0

League Cup - Quarter Final v Manchester United lost 1-0

Europa League - 3rd Qualifying Round v Slavija 2-2 lost on away goals - Our first foray into Europe sees Swindon go out to Bosnian unknowns FK Slavija Sarejevo. We lost the first leg at home 2-1 then despite constant pressure could only win 1-0. Very embarrassed considering I bulked up the squad with the hope of European football until at least December.

IN other news... Swindon Supermarine with the help of several loan signings win the Southern League Play-Offs to reach the Conference South. It's their second promotion with my help in this save and I hope to get them to the Football League.

• 2 weeks later...

2019/2020 - Swindon Town - Premier League

Premier League 10th - Table | Graph - With the 9th place finish last season I thought I had made a rod for my own back, as shown by the board expecting a safe mid table finish.

For once the cheque book came out. £20M on Sergey Belyakov, a wonderkid DR/DMR from Zenit and £12M on Emil Soderberg DL from AZ. I can't believe I'm already spending these sorts of figures only at the start of my second season in the Premier League. Madness!

Fortunately we had a good start and this set the scene for the season. Our league form was helped no end by our early exit from the cups. We were unspectacular but managed to finish a respectable 10th and were never in danger of relegation.

Bizarely, Real Madrid offered £40M for the Sergey Belyakov in January, which was accepted by my board and in a few days he was off to Madrid. So after only 19 games he leaves Swindon. Although as Belyakov has already played this season for Zenit he is inelligable for Madrid so has to sit in the stands until next season, bizzare. In other January transfer moves long serving Russian Leonid Melnik leaves after 5 seasons, 175 appearances and 51 goals. He joins Monaco for £10M as he is just way too inconsistent.

FA Cup - 3rd Round v Arsenal lost 3-1

League Cup - 3rd Round v Wolves lost on penalties after 1-1 draw

In other news... Swindon Supermarine perform well in the Conference South and clearly avoid relegation. They will be joined by my other English affiliate, Hungerford Town, who win the Southern Premier League Play-Offs.

---------------------------

Championship

League One

League Two

Conference Premier

Conference North

Conference South

Ryman Premier

Southern Premier

Northern Premier

FA Cup - Winners - Man City / Runners Up - Notts County

League Cup - Winners - Fulham / Runners Up - Newcastle United

Champions League - Winners - Seville / Runners Up - Inter Milan

Europa League - Winners - Chelsea / Runners Up - CSKA Moscow

Wow.. 40 million. Think the most I've sold anybody for is 15 million, and I haven't even gotten the 5 million for league matches yet. Though it should be said it's a constant battle to keep players now, as they want new challenges and many big sharks are circling the waters around the club house.

Nice follow-up season there. The economy should be in order now ;)

Wow.. 40 million. Think the most I've sold anybody for is 15 million, and I haven't even gotten the 5 million for league matches yet. Though it should be said it's a constant battle to keep players now, as they want new challenges and many big sharks are circling the waters around the club house.

Nice follow-up season there. The economy should be in order now ;)

It was a good profit in 6 months :D

I'd wish I had set his price higher now!

2020/2021 Swindon Town - Premier League

Premier League 5th - Table | Graph - The main pre-season transfer sees Brazilian no.1 and world best GK, Jose Luis, leave to join Chelsea for £24M. I know you might think this is a bizarre decision, but in his replacement, El Salvadorian Roberto Villatoro, I think I have a better player, particularly mental attributes, so I'm willing to take the £24M. The only other main signing was Ukrainian SC Roman Savin for a club record £19.5M. Savin is an excellent prospect, but fails to deliver in his first season at Town, which is probably because I'm struggling to work out how to play him and Kombarov.

With still the main bulk of the team from the Championship days, the team has really grown and has really started to perform. In December we are well in the top 10. We go on an excellent run in the second half of the campaign with only 1 loss in 18 games pushing Town into the top 3. But our finish to the season is marred by a few draws and our loss, away at Spurs, so we needed to beat second place Manchester City and hope both Arsenal and Newcastle didn't win in the final league game to achieve a Champions League finish. So we pull it out of the bag with a 2-0 victory over Man City to deny them the title (which heads to Chelsea), but both Arsenal and Newcastle win so we finish level on points, but finish 5th and head into the Europa league.

FA Cup - 6th Round Replay lost v Fulham 4-1

League Cup - 4th Round lost v Liverpool (a) 1-0

Swindon players dominate the national end of season awards. Stevenson gets the Young Player of Year and Kombarov finishes 3rd in the Player of the Year. Despite being only 21 Stevenson has now played 150 games and scored 25 goals.

FA Cup - Winners - Arsenal / Runners Up - Spurs

League Cup - Winners - Arsenal / Runners Up - Liverpool

Champions League - Winners Juventus / Runners Up - Real Madrid

Europa League - Winners Man Utd / Runners Up - Ajax

I've been given a new 4 year contract and pay rise from £12,500 per week to £25,000 per week so with Town now established in the top flight, I'm now starting to rebuild the club to aim higher. Starting with rebuilding the scouting network with 8 new scouts hired and targeted scouting, as well as a new world class physio.

Archived